PDA

View Full Version : TPM Fantasy Football 2006-07

mr_pikachu
25th August 2006, 06:41 PM
The TPM Fantasy Football League

By popular demand, it has begun.

Welcome to the TPM Fantasy Football League! This is where you can pit your knowledge of the NFL's top players against your fellow Pokemasters to fight for the championship!

We'll be conducting the league through Yahoo! Sports, and this thread will serve as a discussion area for the league. Feel free to talk about league developments, raise any trade objections, ask questions about the league, and brag about your victories! Well, if you're good enough to win any games, that is.

Think you're good enough to take the title? Then sign up now!* All you need to play is a Yahoo! ID. But remember, only the first ten managers who register can participate, so get in the game before it's too late!

-pikachu_sensei, League Commissioner

League Information:
Head-to-head games
Standard Scoring
Top 4 Teams Reach Single-Elimination Playoffs
Draft on Saturday, September 2, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. CST
Maximum ten teams

* Registration is now closed. Good luck to all participants!

(Note to mods: Everyone who responded basically said to put it in the other forum. Feel free to play ping-pong with the topic if you want, but I pretty much had to pick one forum or the other.)

League Teams and Managers
Blue Barracudas dratinihaunter13
Detroit Firebirds kainashi
New York Goons Dark Dragonite
New York Thunder Ghost
Tennessee Torpedoes DragoKnight
The Michigan Dragons Charles Legend
The Pikachus mr_pikachu
BYE BYE

Ghost
25th August 2006, 08:03 PM
Alright, I signed up. Thing is, I accidently created two :P. Mind deleting one for me?

mr_pikachu
25th August 2006, 08:14 PM
Done. And welcome to the league, New York Thunder!

(If you all wouldn't mind telling us what your team name or your Yahoo! username is when you register, that'd be great. Thanks.)

Drago
26th August 2006, 05:00 AM
Oh yeah. Oh hell yeah. I'm a registered voter, er em participant. Yahoo ID is tackhead9 and my team is the Tennessee Torpedoes.
I'm likely gonna have some issues with that draft (it's doubtful my crummy computer's gonna last without crashing), but it appears I can set up player rankings prior to the event iffin I don't attend, eh?

In all likelihood I'm gonna get crushed, though I hope to at least outrank you, mr_p. No way I'm losing to a team called the pikachus. :P

Dark Dragonite
26th August 2006, 09:03 AM
New York Goons(Sleepless_in_ny2000) reporting for camp!!

BTW, nice sig quote, lol

kainashi
26th August 2006, 09:26 AM
i joined. hopefully the league fills up. :o

Dark Dragonite
26th August 2006, 10:08 AM
I'd just like to stake my claim on Carson Palmer...I have him in every league so far, lol...and from that commercial... "T.J. Whosyourmomma"

Ghost
26th August 2006, 10:54 AM
Me and DarkDragonite can have a Giants-Jets like rivarlry... :D

Also, I have Carson Palmer in my fantasy league, so most likely I'm going with a Different QB. Hopefully I can get Peyton ;)

Dark Dragonite
26th August 2006, 01:11 PM
when my league was drafting, palmer was a question to play...I got peyton and palmer...LOL

Ghost
28th August 2006, 09:40 AM
Damn you... That's a good team right there.

Also, in my fantasy league i traded Charlie Frye for Tony Gonzalez. Good trade, bad trade? BTW i have 6 QBs, so that wasnt a problem..

BTW, where is everyone else? We still need five people :/

mr_pikachu
28th August 2006, 09:47 AM
Remember, we've still got almost a week left. I'm going to work on finding five more players to fill the spots. And just in case we happen to be slightly short, I made sure to choose a league in which you didn't have to reach the maximum number of teams. For instance, if we end up with eight teams, we'll still be able to hold the league.

(Notice that even now you can view the week 1 matchups on the right - even though there are only five teams out of the maximum ten! These matchups changed each time a new team joined the league. Basically, it's showing what the week 1 games will be if we don't get any more participants.)

I already have a couple of ideas as to who I can ask... now we just have to hope their schedules don't conflict with the league.

Chris
28th August 2006, 10:57 AM
I've announced it - hopefully it'll give you guys some more registrants :)

mr_pikachu
28th August 2006, 11:00 AM
Wow, thank you, Chris! I appreciate the help! :D

Dark Dragonite
28th August 2006, 11:24 AM
If you read the league home page, we can start with 6, 8, or 10 teams, if we have an odd amount of teams(5,7,9) the draft will not occur...

BTW, that damn good team is in a private league, 10 teams, mine looks like:
QB P. Manning
(Ind - QB)
WR C. Chambers
(Mia - WR)
WR T. Houshmandzadeh
(Cin - WR)
WR K. Johnson
(Car - WR)
RB R. Bush
(NO - RB)
RB J. Addai
(Ind - RB)
TE T. Gonzalez
(KC - TE)
W/T J. Jurevicius
(Cle - WR)
W/R L. White
(Ten - RB)
BN C. Palmer
(Cin - QB)
BN M. Lewis
(Jac - TE)
BN T. Duckett
(Was - RB)
K J. Brown
(Sea - K)
BN R. Longwell
(Min - K)
DEF New York
(NYG - DEF)
BN Cincinnati
(Cin - DEF)
BN New York
(NYJ - DEF)
D C. Webster
(NYG - DB)
D A. Thomas
(Bal - DL)
D A. Wilson
(Ari - DB)
D K. Rhodes
(NYJ - DB)
BN M. Peterson
(Jac - DL)

How the fuck did I get this team?!

mr_pikachu
28th August 2006, 01:47 PM
If you read the league home page, we can start with 6, 8, or 10 teams, if we have an odd amount of teams(5,7,9) the draft will not occur...

Quite right. I am prepared to create a "Bye" team before the draft begins, should we have an odd number of teams when we reach the close of registration. (I can change the league password - effectively closing registration - and then create a Bye team, which will not be present at the draft and which will have the draftable players ranked in reverse order, with worst players first. That way, none of the players that any sane manager would draft will be affected.)

Dark Dragonite
28th August 2006, 02:32 PM
you should be careful though...as with my salary cap team, rookies like Reggie Bush, and Joseph addai aren't ranked the highest

mr_pikachu
28th August 2006, 05:04 PM
True. Just in case someone's crazy enough to want the players ranked in the 2000s, I'll have that team immediately drop every player it drafted once the draft is complete.

(Or maybe there's a way to keep the Bye team from drafting any players at all... I'll check.)

dratinihaunter13
29th August 2006, 04:28 PM
i'm in. sorry in advance to everyone i embarrass =(

Dark Dragonite
30th August 2006, 12:48 AM
oh, you won't be very sorry then, huh?

dratinihaunter13
30th August 2006, 01:35 AM
a league's a lot better with an even number of teams. if it looks like we're staying at an odd number, maybe we should open the league public to fill out the last spot with some random dude. setting the max teams accordingly of course.

and Dark Dragonite i'll see you on the field! and by "i" I mean my team of players... and by field i mean imaginary field in cyberspace.... yea!

mr_pikachu
31st August 2006, 08:08 PM
There are only two days left to register in the inaugural TPM Fantasy Football League! Be sure you don't miss your chance to compete in the ultimate test of football prowess!

Dark Dragonite
31st August 2006, 09:48 PM
and don't forget the bragging rights when I kick everyone's ass, lol

Also, we should keep up with it, I'd join a hockey league, then a baseball, maybe even basketball...

Drago
1st September 2006, 04:18 AM
Uggh, approaching the draft, and I'm feeling as though this is a practice in futility for me... Anyone else doing this for the first time with the TPM league? Am I gonna be a Cardinal-esque bye week for all opposition? Odds are, yes.

Dark Dragonite
1st September 2006, 09:13 AM
you'd be surprised, I won a few championships in my first year, probably due to folowing sports IRL, this is just trying to rack up points by guessing who will be best at each position...some, like L.J. show more ability to put up last year's numbers.

mr_pikachu
1st September 2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah, there's more luck involved than you'd think. I was in a league last year where, after the draft, everyone in the league was talking about the astounding team I'd put together. (It was, in all frankness, the best draft I've ever had.) I took a decent lead in the first twelve weeks or so.

Then two of my best players got seriously injured the week before a doubleheader against my two top rivals, and my star player was ejected in the first quarter of that doubleheader week. Needless to say, I couldn't come back in time, and I ended up with second place despite vastly outscoring all the other teams in the league. Just inopportune timing that was devastating. So yeah, luck is definitely a factor.

Dark Dragonite
2nd September 2006, 07:56 AM
ok, a little under 12hrs to go, still 7 teams...here's to a bye team!!

mr_pikachu
2nd September 2006, 11:30 AM
It's starting to look that way. I'll wait until an hour or two before the draft and then close registration. If it's still necessary, I'll create a bye team just before I end the signups.

Dark Dragonite
2nd September 2006, 11:54 AM
I don't mean to take away from the football you started, but could I maybe get a quick poll as to who would do a hockey league as well?

I love the hockey, most of my trophies are from it, sign ups started but season not until october...

dratinihaunter13
2nd September 2006, 04:32 PM
is the league public right now or still private? i'd rather have an extra human team than some bye team =-/

hockey's an awesome sport but i don't know enough about it for fantasy, sry

mr_pikachu
2nd September 2006, 05:04 PM
DD: I could try hockey, although I don't know how well I'd do. It's really not a sport I follow. I'd probably join if you needed one more manager, but I'm not sure I'd sign up otherwise. If you end up needing me to fill a final slot (like we kind of need now), then sure.

Martin: Well, it's a private league right now. Here are the two main problems with making it public:

1. I don't think I can make it public! You have to choose which it will be when you create the league, and I don't believe you can change that designation afterward. So I'd have to create an entirely new league. And then we'd have to either have everyone frantically sign up in the new league, or it wouldn't work at all.

2. Even if we assume that we could, it's not a perfect plan. For one thing, it breaks the whole "this is our league!" idea. But more importantly, I can't limit it to one more team. It's far more likely that we'd have three registrants who would fill up all the remaining slots (or worse yet, two, which would mean that we'd still need a bye team).

I have seriously considered it myself, but I just don't think it would work. :(

Dark Dragonite
2nd September 2006, 05:09 PM
the way to allow public in would be to post a message on the fantasy footbal message board with the id and pass

mr_pikachu
2nd September 2006, 06:17 PM
Well, I suppose that could be done. But then again, there would still be no way to control how many people would register - imagine if no one did!

Anyway, I've gone ahead and added the bye team and closed registration, and now I'm making it so that the bye team will draft only the worst of the worst. If anyone else wants to register in the next... uh... thirty minutes or so (maybe even less time), please either post in this thread or PM me.

Also, one of the league managers recently asked me for the league homepage. For those of you who don't have it bookmarked, here it is: TPM Fantasy Football 2006-07 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/575489).

The draft will happen in less than an hour, so I wish the best of luck to everyone!

dratinihaunter13
2nd September 2006, 06:18 PM
I think it's under comissioner tools, but i've changed a league from private to public before in the leagues i've ran. so it's definitely possible. and i was worried about the whole "this is our league" thing getting screwed up over it, but also under some commisioner option you can input a new "max teams" option and put it at 8, so when made public, anyone searching for a public league from a list can join and then the league would immediately be closed to further registration BUT it looks like we're just about ready to draft so.. let's make the best of what we got =) BYE will become my greatest rival

mr_pikachu
2nd September 2006, 08:13 PM
Excellent draft, everyone! Now, the real competition will begin...

And in case you didn't already realize it, anyone who loses to BYE should be ashamed.

Ghost
3rd September 2006, 12:04 PM
Anybody wanna work out some trades?

Dark Dragonite
3rd September 2006, 12:26 PM
lol, anyone like my team?

I was playing pool when it drafted davis...I dumped him, waiting for free agents

dratinihaunter13
3rd September 2006, 06:38 PM
ghost: i'm always down for trade proposals! feel free to offer them over yahoo to me. i'd talk to ya here but they're watching =-o!!

dd: every year there are a few hilarious mistakes per league. drafting domdavis was a great one to kick us off ^_^

Dark Dragonite
5th September 2006, 12:38 AM
It's funny, Davis has been drafted in every league I follow, including my dad's...and not by us...

I'm looking for a TE and WR who are not off on the 4th week, and whatever week Carolina has off...looking for equal value...I have top receivers and TE

S.Smith
K.Johnson
H.Miller
J.Shockey

mr_pikachu
7th September 2006, 04:11 PM
Well, today kicks off the NFL season, and the inaugural TPM Fantasy Football League! Think you've got a shot at victory? You'd better hope so!

mr_pikachu
10th September 2006, 06:16 PM
Good news: My defense, the Baltimore Ravens, had a shutout with 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, and a defensive touchdown! That's 25 points!

Bad news: I started the Panthers.

Fantastic. :cry:

Ghost
11th September 2006, 02:59 PM
Good news: I'm beating Mr.pikachu.

Bad News for Mr Pikachu: I started Ben Roethisberger and Clinton Portis

Bad News for me: he still has Santana Moss and gates going ><

mr_pikachu
11th September 2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, Moss and Gates may help. But projections still show you pulling off the win.

Then again, the projections showed me blowing you away by about 30 points. We'll see...

Dark Dragonite
11th September 2006, 10:31 PM
And the winner of:

New York Goons Vs. Blue Barracudas.........

NEW YORK GOONS!!!

Next up...Michigan Dragons...

mr_pikachu
12th September 2006, 01:37 AM
Ghost/NY Thunder: The official scores haven't been posted yet, so I can't be sure, but I did some calculations based on the stats from ESPN.com. Factoring in the two players each of us had - and especially factoring in Gates' touchdown - I think I managed to pull off a one-point victory, 56-55.

Of course, that's assuming that my calculations and all the stats are correct. And even if I am right, it's little comfort considering that I won by only one point when you started Roethlisberger. We'll see.

EDIT: I added a list of the league teams and their managers in the first post of this thread. That way, it'll be a lot easier for you to see who you're really facing each week.

dratinihaunter13
12th September 2006, 03:24 AM
well, i needed a touchdown and some yards outta cooley and he instead went backwards. negative 3 yards or something, lol. definitely still got faith in my guys. go blue barries :eek: :eek: :eek:

mr_pikachu
12th September 2006, 03:27 AM
Whew! Well, that was one heck of a close match. Thank goodness for Gates! (Oh, and I have a new and strange appreciation for appendicitis now.)

Now, the Torpedoes. Okay, DKnight! Are you ready for this?

Drago
12th September 2006, 03:58 AM
Aww shucks, I done gone and wonned a game. No idea who did what (other than the Pittsburgh D), because I still haven't watched Sunday and Monday's games and won't check the stats until I do. If I make one FA pickup this season it'll be a miracle.
Frankly mr_p, I think I am quite ready. I've got the Blitzburgh D and... well, some other people. I'm looking forward to seeing who performed and who didn't for me. Frankly I still want to start McNair. :heh:

Dark Dragonite
12th September 2006, 06:58 AM
For the first week, we have stat tracker, all the stats were up there as the game went...

mr_pikachu
12th September 2006, 06:23 PM
For the first week, we have stat tracker, all the stats were up there as the game went...

Yeah. I think we weren't supposed to have it, actually. My guess is that Yahoo! forgot to close some loophole, but it looks like they have now. (Or maybe the first week was supposed to be a "trial week," or something.)

And DK, I hope your Blitzburgh Steelers can handle my astounding Ravens D (25 points last week!). We'll see whose defense proves stronger!

Dark Dragonite
12th September 2006, 08:21 PM
we all get the one week trial, to try and make us want it, and buy it for like 10 bucks

Drago
18th September 2006, 07:24 AM
Good show Brian, I took some gambles in benching Glenn and the Pittsburgh D, but it looks like it really wouldn't have made a lick of difference considering you're sporting a certain defence right now... On a completely unrelated note, I hate those Fumblemore Ratbirds so much. Sooooooooooooooo much. Hate Ray Lewis, hate Adalius Thomas, hate Andrew Walter, since he completes so many passes to Ravens he's bound to be under contract.
...Love Ryan Longwell. :love2:

Dark Dragonite
18th September 2006, 10:42 AM
I done gone 2-0

Now, for my biggest challenge

kainashi
18th September 2006, 03:51 PM
i got owned this week.

FUCK peyton manning. :mad:

mr_pikachu
19th September 2006, 09:47 AM
Excellent try, D-Knight, but I just had a good week. Maybe you'll have a better shot in our second game.

Only one team will escape week 3 unscathed... best of luck, DD!

dratinihaunter13
21st September 2006, 03:57 PM
looks like i'm about to face my biggest challenge so far also

mr_pikachu
25th September 2006, 01:26 AM
Whoo! Tricky game, DD. Tricky game. I think I've got you this week, 66-57 if I got all the stats right. But that was a weird matchup.

I really lucked out that Culpepper underperformed, because Parker and Gould (who the heck is Gould?) exploded. I swear, though, I'm about ready to sit Alexander... the 8 points I think he scored may end up being his season high. He's just being covered way too tightly this year.

EDIT: Um, looks like my stats were slightly wrong. (I had McGahee with 0 points... somehow had the wrong number of yards. Plus I missed Culpepper's rush TD and - I don't know how - had the wrong number of points allowed for Chicago.) But it looks like I've still got the W, 73-66. Nice game, though, DD!

EDIT: And this week is looking like a catastrophe for the Thunder. With just Crumpler left to play, Ghost's team has a whopping 14 points. It does not help when your star QB puts up a -2... oh, and Westbrook stabbed the Thunder for 25. (Cincinnati has also outscored the Thunder's current total.) Enough said.

Drago
25th September 2006, 09:01 AM
I start Hass, Warner is magic. I bench Hass, he throws 5 TDs, while Kurt nets me three whole points. I'm a QB curse. Seriously.

mr_pikachu
25th September 2006, 05:58 PM
Oh, this is just great. Not only has my number one draft pick, Shaun Alexander, underperformed these first three weeks... apparently he's now broken his foot! Prepare for at least two weeks of benchwarming, Alexander, because you won't be stepping onto a football field for awhile.

When I said I was gonna sit him, I wasn't serious! Dang it!

dratinihaunter13
26th September 2006, 03:04 AM
sweated one out against the bye team and barely got out alive. as far as shaun alexander is concerned, madden curse baby. it strikes again. BELIEVE!

and i'm #3 in standings. i'd be cool at #3 the whole season really. wouldn't mind that. thunder actually has a pretty good team. i like the depth.

mr_pikachu
26th September 2006, 05:35 PM
Well, now that I'm the only undefeated manager left, I'd like to remind you all of a quote. This was from before the season, and it was said by the guy I ended up beating in week two.

In all likelihood I'm gonna get crushed, though I hope to at least outrank you, mr_p. No way I'm losing to a team called the pikachus. :P

So, do you still doubt the power of the Pikachus? ^_^

Drago
27th September 2006, 06:29 AM
The magic of the matchup. Had we faced off this week, I'd have edged you by one point homey. ;) Talk is indeed cheap, but I play a Chad Johnson-type game. Win, lose or draw, as long as I get some pre-game smack in, I'm satisfied. Hey, I've already lost to you and I'm still talking. It's fun. :lol:
So here's another quote for you; I'll see you in week 9, when I'm sitting atop this league.

(Aww hell, I am so gonna be Roy Williams by season's end...)

kainashi
29th September 2006, 10:23 AM
Well, now that I'm the only undefeated manager leftfor now. :v

mr_pikachu
2nd October 2006, 04:09 AM
I'm down 33 points right now, sure! But I have the incredible Donovan McNabb starting tomorrow, while the Firebirds only have pitiful Reggie Brown left to play. I'll win easily!

Okay, I'm screwed. ^_^;;

Looking at the matchup right now makes me cry. Wilkins had a career day with three field goals fro 40+, another chip shot, and three extra points. No name Grossman leapt to 16 points with two TDs and 232 yards. But Atlanta... how the heck did that happen? 4 sacks, 2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, and a defensive touchdown? 25 points... gyaah!

The only thing I can complain about is that the number of points scored is wrong - Arizona scored 10 points against Atlanta, not 4. (Yahoo Fantasy's own listing says this, as well as ESPN.com.)

That changes the score by a whole three points. Yeah, that'll help my situation a lot.

Looks like you've got this one, kainashi. But don't you worry. I'll get you in week 11!

dratinihaunter13
2nd October 2006, 07:12 PM
grossman isn't exactly no-name anymore. he's been the bears top q for the last few years and boasts the best qb rating so far this year. and hooray i beat a guy who quit on his team =(.

kainashi
9th October 2006, 01:58 PM
looks like i have the longest winning streak now. :cool2:

mr_pikachu
9th October 2006, 04:46 PM
Perhaps. But good luck unseating me for the league's top spot. ^_^

mr_pikachu
16th October 2006, 03:19 AM
Somebody PLEASE explain to me how I'm losing by 30 to the Dragons.

What the hell just happened?!

*is in shock*

EDIT: Oh! And did I mention that instead of starting Torry Holt - who scored 25 points this week - he handicapped himself by playing with only two receivers? And he still scored 83 points?!

How does this happen.

kainashi
16th October 2006, 02:41 PM
argh. i started walker over branch. i thought since denver was going up against oakland it'd be a great start but i forgot how much ass plummer sucks. bring in cutler already! >:o

still would've lost anyways. oh well.

Drago
17th October 2006, 01:23 AM
Don't blame yourself kainashi, blame San Francisco. I expected LT to go to town on the 49ers D, but seriously, overkill...

dratinihaunter13
22nd October 2006, 06:14 PM
someone tell me why they vetoed the trade b/w the dragons and i, which we both agreed on

mr_pikachu
22nd October 2006, 06:36 PM
Well, it wasn't me. The deal did seem a tad one-sided, but it was close enough that I decided not to vote against it.

Drago
22nd October 2006, 10:05 PM
Hmm I'm not real good at calculating here, but I reckon that by QB performance, Martin's got me down and out this week. I'd sure like to be wrong right now, but I doubt that deficiency is one I can overcome. In which case, congrats for taking it to the Torps with Paidaton and co., dh. I continue to loathe QBs, Chad Pennington's lucky my bony, quarterback-hating finger didn't point in his direction this week.
And, to catch up, I forgot to congratulate DD and his Goonies for clambering to the top of the ladder, at my expense unfortunately. I liked the NYG draft as it happened, I dislike it when I have to face it.

I hate to be dwindling just over .500 right now, but I gotta take my lumps and keep on truckin'. Incidentally, anyone really, really hate an NFL quarterback? Send them my way, and they'll be CURSED. Some of that Nashville voodoo, I reckon...

dratinihaunter13
23rd October 2006, 02:17 AM
according to my calculations u just need 80 yards outta glenn to tie. unofficial tho.

and someone plz tell me why dragon's and i's trade was rejected. i need rb depth and he needs qb depth and we both can afford to lose our traded player. plus we both agreed to it. this is ridiculous

mr_pikachu
29th October 2006, 06:26 PM
Okay, how do I always have these horrible weeks against you, Ghost? McNabb scores a whopping 4 points (what?!), and my defense - my best player so far - has 9 points. Not too bad, but it'd be much better if Oakland hadn't returned two interceptions for touchdowns. Sure, my defense allowed two field goals, but the team as a whole got hit with 20 points... ugh.

At least Roethlisberger's picks hurt you too, Ghost. But with a 22 point deficit and only Foster left... it's not looking good for me.

kainashi
29th October 2006, 08:40 PM
L. Johnson RB
39 Rush, 155 yds
3 TDs
2 Rec, 26 yds, 1 TD

shame it was against the BYE team. :v

Drago
29th October 2006, 09:11 PM
LJ was #1 on my list this draft, but I guess I'll have to settle with Dane's 3 TDs and 240 net yds instead... Kicking myself for benching Wayne though.

dratinihaunter13
30th October 2006, 03:47 AM
u're all dirty for vetoing the trade for no reason. against all odds i'm somehow gonna come out on top =PPP though my respect for the league has plummeted. man lj and lt went bananas this week.

mr_pikachu
30th October 2006, 04:04 AM
Again, Martin, I wasn't the one who did it.

Since the point of a hidden veto is to disallow any peer pressure about abolishing a trade, I can't obligate whoever vetoed it to disclose their identity. (Not that I have the power to do so anyway, but just so we're clear.) Still, if someone wants to admit it, that would take the pressure off us innocents.

*waits for someone to admit to the foul act*

In the meantime, I'm going to rip my hair out after scoring about 30 points below my projected total against the Thunder. AGAIN.

EDIT: Huh. It seems that "Pts Scored" against a defense doesn't include anything scored by the opposing defense.

And yet I still lost.

I could shoot myself for not starting Vick (25) or Baltimore (24) this week.

Heck, Elam (8) would've been better than Rackers (2), though not by enough.

And I'm sure my last benched player, Maroney, will put up a 30 or something...

Ugh.

kainashi
1st November 2006, 11:21 AM
in first place by 2 points. :hellyeah:

mr_pikachu
1st November 2006, 03:21 PM
I love how the 1-2 teams have to play each other now... after this week, only one of you will stand in my way!

mr_pikachu
5th November 2006, 11:50 PM
WHAT THE DEUCE?!

I score 67 points with a man to play despite some bye week catastrophies (thanks for not helping, Vick!)... and you hit me with a 90?

WHY??

*keels over*

kainashi
6th November 2006, 01:31 AM
i think i might've gotten negative points for brady. :cool2:

Drago
7th November 2006, 07:46 PM
I should seriously rename my team the Tennessee Tomlinsons. Dane consistently carries the team toward a win, week after week. Kinda wish I had actually promised a win this week after the prior loss, as opposed to assuring that I would be 'atop the league'. It's kinda awkward sitting 'on top' with two other teams on your noggin...

dratinihaunter13
7th November 2006, 08:37 PM
It's kinda awkward sitting 'on top' with two other teams on your noggin...

i think it's kinda hot :)

mr_pikachu
10th November 2006, 06:45 PM
Here are the current standings, which a few statistics added that Yahoo! doesn't show.

W-L-T Pct Strk PF PF Avg. PA PA Avg. PA NB
Detroit Firebirds7-2-0.778W-362869.77846952.11167.000
Blue Barracudas6-3-0.667L-162269.11149354.77861.625
Tennessee Torpedoes 6-3-0.667W-261268.00042947.66753.625
The Pikachus5-4-0.556L-261568.33357363.66771.625
New York Goons5-4-0.556L-354760.77840044.44450.000
New York Thunder4-5-0.444W-344949.88942747.44461.000
The Michigan Dragons 3-6-0.333W-133637.33352858.66766.000
BYE0-9-0.000L-900.00049054.44454.444

Legend

W-L-T Wins-Losses-Ties
Pct(W + (T/2)) / Games Played
StrkCurrent Streak
PFPoints For
PF Avg.PF / Games Played
PAPoints Against
PA Avg.PA / Games Played
PA NBPA / (Games Played - Games Against BYE)

Basically, I've added the average scores from week to week as well as the total points by opponents, the average opponent's score, and the average by "real" teams.

And if you're interested, the average weekly score for all seven "real" teams is 60.46.

Ghost
10th November 2006, 08:57 PM
Jeez? I have a 3 win streak? I started off 0-5 or somethign didnt I? lol

mr_pikachu
12th November 2006, 11:38 PM
Aw, hell... I hope the Chicago defense doesn't get credit for that 108-yard missed FG return by the special teams...

...I should be so lucky. :sweat:

EDIT: I love the fantasy notes on my #1 draft pick.

Nov 12 Alexander is scheduled for another round of MRIs and CT scans on Monday to see if his broken left foot is heeled.

It would be funny if he wasn't dead weight in my lineup.

Drago
14th November 2006, 07:05 AM
Jeez? I have a 3 win streak? I started off 0-5 or somethign didnt I? lol
Don't worry, I fixed that. :)

mr_pikachu
14th November 2006, 08:07 PM
Week 10 Standings

W-L-T Pct Strk PF PF Avg. PA PA Avg. PA NB
Detroit Firebirds8-2-0.800W-471371.30050750.70063.375
Tennessee Torpedoes 7-3-0.700W-372472.40048348.30053.667
Blue Barracudas7-3-0.700W-168668.60049349.30061.625
New York Goons6-4-0.600W-162562.50045045.00050.000
The Pikachus5-5-0.500L-366566.50065165.10072.333
New York Thunder4-6-0.400L-150350.30053953.90067.375
The Michigan Dragons 3-7-0.300L-137437.40061361.30068.111
BYE0-10-0.000L-1000.00055455.40055.400

Legend

W-L-T Wins-Losses-Ties
Pct(W + (T/2)) / Games Played
StrkCurrent Streak
PFPoints For
PF Avg.PF / Games Played
PAPoints Against
PA Avg.PA / Games Played
PA NBPA / (Games Played - Games Against BYE)

kainashi
27th November 2006, 12:54 PM
week 13 looks like it's going to be tough. :(

Drago
27th November 2006, 05:47 PM
Y'know kainashi, I was all confident and cocky with the points I've been racking up, but then I took a look at your roster. How in the hell did that happen? Not a weakness on the team; the lowest point is the Jacksonville defence. JAX D a low point? Seriously, that's about the lowest I can find on that roster.
Mad props for picking Gore up early. I was scratching my head at the time, but you're coming out now smelling fresh as daisies.

mr_pikachu
27th November 2006, 06:03 PM
Yeah, he's looking pretty tough right now. We'll see how everything goes the next few weeks.

As long as there isn't any change in your game, D-Knight (and I don't see how they could possibly adjust any statistics for a 50-something point swing), you've clinched a playoff berth along with kainashi. That leaves two spots up for grabs... who'll make it into the fight for first, and who'll be squabbling for consolation prizes?

Week 12 standings will be up after tonight's results are posted. I already have some temporary standings up to reflect the games that have been decided, but two contests still have players left. (Barring some major negative scores, none of the wins and losses will change at all, but you never know. Besides, the overall statistics would be incomplete.)

If you want the current standings prior to the last game tonight, let me know and I'll post 'em.

EDIT: Every week I discover again why drafting a defense early was the best move I made in the draft... 9 sacks, 2 picks, a fumble recovery and a TD for 31 points? It just doesn't get any better than that. ^_^

kainashi
28th November 2006, 01:26 PM
hey mr_pikachu, what's with all the kickers? :xd:

i had a 26 point week with the jags defense a while back but 31. O_O

mr_pikachu
28th November 2006, 02:54 PM
Nobody gets my kickers! Nobody! They're all miiiiiine!

My precioussssss...

(Actually, it's mostly because I can't find anyone to pick up who would actually improve my team statistically. So there's no reason to make a drop.)

Standings time!

Week 12 Standings

W-L Pct Strk PF PF Avg. PA PA Avg. PA NB
x-Detroit Firebirds 10-2 .833 W-6 855 71.091 591 49.250 59.100
x-Tennessee Torpedoes 9-3 .750 W-5 946 78.833 540 45.000 54.000
Blue Barracudas 7-5 .583 L-2 788 66.182 635 52.917 63.500
New York Goons 7-5 .583 L-1 758 63.167 593 49.417 53.909
The Pikachus 6-6 .500 W-1 805 64.818 780 65.000 70.909
The Michigan Dragons 5-7 .417 W-2 477 39.667 655 54.583 65.500
z-New York Thunder 4-8 .333 L-3 577 48.545 689 57.417 68.900
z-BYE 0-12 .000 L-12 0 0.000 717 59.750 59.750

Legend
x- Clinched Playoff Spot
y- Clinched Season Title
z- Eliminated From Playoff Contention
W-L-T Wins-Losses-Ties
Pct (W + (T/2)) / Games Played
Strk Current Streak
PF Points For
PF Avg. PF / Games Played
PA Points Against
PA Avg. PA / Games Played
PA NB PA / (Games Played - Games Against BYE)

P.S. Sorry about the old-school font, but the new vB doesn't support tables.

kainashi
4th December 2006, 08:46 PM
whoa, mr_pikachu is finally going to win one. next week too!

mr_pikachu
5th December 2006, 04:09 AM
Congratulations to the Detroit Firebirds for clinching the best record in the regular season!

It looks like the fight for the middle places will come down to this final week. Who will compete for the championship, and who will squabble over 5th place? Stay tuned...

Week 13 Standings

W-L Pct Strk PF PF Avg. PA PA Avg. PA NB
y-Detroit Firebirds 11-2 .846 W-7 923 71.000 654 50.308 59.455
x-Tennessee Torpedoes 9-4 .692 L-1 1009 77.615 608 46.769 55.273
New York Goons 8-5 .615 W-1 806 62.000 593 45.615 53.909
The Pikachus 7-6 .538 W-2 891 68.538 809 62.231 67.417
Blue Barracudas 7-6 .538 L-3 830 63.846 684 52.615 62.182
z-New York Thunder 5-8 .385 W-1 626 48.154 731 56.231 66.455
z-The Michigan Dragons 5-8 .385 L-1 505 38.846 741 57.000 67.364
z-BYE 0-13 .000 L-13 0 0.000 765 58.846 58.846

Legend
x- Clinched Playoff Spot
y- Clinched Season Title
z- Eliminated From Playoff Contention
W-L-T Wins-Losses-Ties
Pct (W + (T/2)) / Games Played
Strk Current Streak
PF Points For
PF Avg. PF / Games Played
PA Points Against
PA Avg. PA / Games Played
PA NB PA / (Games Played - Games Against BYE)

kainashi
5th December 2006, 07:47 AM
Congratulations to the Detroit Firebirds for clinching the best record in the regular season!:hellyeah:

looks like i have another tough week though. :(

Drago
10th December 2006, 02:28 AM
Wow, congrats kainashi, on the #1 spot and the win, too. That was a cold, hard slap in the face from reality... Shocked me so much I forgot to bench Kellen Winslow this week before it was too late. Uh-oh...

I've got to make sure Brian makes the playoffs now, just gotta, 'cause he nominated me for the TPM awards. Yup. Motivation +

dratinihaunter13
10th December 2006, 08:53 PM
well i'm out. congrats and good luck to the playoff teams! i had another league this year that i'll admit, i spent a lot more time and thought on. kinda took this league for granted and when ya do that it's hard to recover from any bit of unfortunate luck. in the 5 fantasy seasons i've played this will be my first time missing the superbowl, let alone the playoffs, and to tell ya the truth it's kind of a relief =). i can now focus on my more competitive league without the pressure of having to stay perfect. i'm sure my dynasty will be compared to those dynasties yet to come. nice season everybody, lots of luck in the playoffs!

mr_pikachu
11th December 2006, 04:50 AM
Well, it was a good year, Martin. Unfortunate that it had to turn out this way for you. Good luck in competing for 5th, and I hope you ace your other league!

I'm honestly hoping that the Goons win their game, now... because I do not want to play the Torpedoes first round. Any team on that much of a hot streak is a force to be reckoned with.

kainashi
11th December 2006, 06:20 AM
I'm honestly hoping that the Goons win their game, now... because I do not want to play the Torpedoes first round. Any team on that much of a hot streak is a force to be reckoned with.looks like you'll get your wish. :mad:

mr_pikachu
11th December 2006, 06:58 AM
Err... I wasn't trying to insult you, kainashi. But the Torps have now scored 100+ in four of the last five weeks, and that's enough to beat anyone in this league. (The exception was the critical week 13 game.) I was complimenting the Torpedoes, not insulting you. You did well to earn your #1 spot, after all.

kainashi
11th December 2006, 11:01 AM
well, anyone with tomlinson and brees is going to score 100 points easily.

my team isn't all that great. i feel lucky to have the 1st spot. hopefully brady gets his act together.

mr_pikachu
11th December 2006, 04:55 PM
I'm laughing right now, looking at my team's performance this week...

I have five guys who each cleared 10 points. (Holt could be #6 if he does well tonight. Vick, incidentally, put up a 1.) Four of those five double-digit men had at least 15 on the board.

And my second-highest scorer? That's the backup kicker I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Josh Scobee.

Yyyup.

kainashi
11th December 2006, 04:58 PM
how exactly will the playoffs work? 1 vs. 4? 2 vs. 3? or what?

mr_pikachu
11th December 2006, 05:23 PM
Exactly. We're given seeds based on our rankings at the end of the season. Then it's 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3. Winners play for the title, losers play the third-place consolation game.

The lower half works the same way. 5 vs. 8 (BYE), 6 vs. 7. Winners play, losers (BYE) play.

kainashi
17th December 2006, 03:10 PM
wow. looks like i'm bowing out in the first round. :)

Drago
17th December 2006, 06:25 PM
Let me follow your lead kainashi, the way all my players seem to flop at crunch time is infuriating...

Drago
18th December 2006, 06:02 PM
Alright DD, I've been talking smack all this time, but seriously, you've been giving me frights all throughout the season (series was tied at 1-1 apiece), and for all intents and purposes, I shouldn't have won this match. Once again, my RBs prove to be men among boys, and if it weren't for them, you'd be marching on.
Congrats on your season, I was supporting your team right from the draft you may recall.

Now, only one step left on my road to glory... And whaddya know, it looks like it's going to be the Pikachus. Remember Brian, I was going to see you again when I was on top of the league. Here I am. Kinda sorta.

mr_pikachu
19th December 2006, 08:03 PM
Well, here we are, D-Knight. Your team is led by several superstars, while I fight merely with a balanced attack. Which strategy will work? We shall see... best of luck!

(By the way, I really wish Darrell Jackson was playing this week...)

kainashi, that was a good fight in the semis. It was just tough luck that Vick exploded like that. Had he stuck to the projection, we would have tied, and I believe you would have moved on because of tiebreaks (though I'm not certain; I should check that). Good match, though, and good luck in your third-place game.

Win or lose, this season ends right here, right now. So I wish the best of luck to everyone! Give it everything you've got, and fight for glory in the TPM Fantasy Football League!

kainashi
22nd December 2006, 12:56 PM
taking a 4-0 lead into sunday. :hellyeah:

mr_pikachu
26th December 2006, 04:53 AM
8th Place – BYE (~~~~~)
All season long, team BYE sacrificed itself for the good of the league. We thank team BYE for its contribution.

7th Place – New York Thunder (Ghost)
The Thunder started well, but an emphasis on team depth rather than star players proved to be the Thunder’s undoing. Nonetheless, the Thunder made its mark, scoring a few upset victories that shook up the league.

6th Place – The Michigan Dragons (Charles Legend)
The Dragons had a rocky start, losing four straight before swiping wins from BYE and the Pikachus. Unfilled lineups were costly for the Dragons, as they spent the entire season with empty roster slots. More attention to the games would have given the Dragons’ a greater chance for glory.

5th Place – Blue Barracudas (dratinihaunter13)
Although they were the losers in the scramble for playoff spots, the Barracudas redeemed themselves by smashing their way through the consolation tournament. A four-game losing streak to close the season cost the Barracudas their title hopes, but we hope to see them try again next year.

4th Place – New York Goons (Dark Dragonite)
After starting the season at 5-1, the Goons were an even 4-4 for the rest of the year, relegating them to a lower seed and difficult matches in the playoffs. Consecutive losses against the top two regular-season teams dropped them to fourth despite an impressive showing in this inaugural season.

Bronze – Detroit Firebirds (kainashi)
The Firebirds climbed to the top of the heap at mid-season and never let go, winning seven consecutive games from weeks 7-13. Peaking early cost them, however, as they fell in a semifinal upset. The Firebirds got their wins where they needed them to earn the top seed, but it wasn’t enough to sweep through the postseason.

Silver – Tennessee Torpedoes (DragoKnight)
Despite a few critical losses, the Torpedoes were a team to be reckoned with this year. The league’s top scorers earned the tournament’s second seed and pounded their way to the finals with a set of superstar players. But those titans underperformed in the championship, and the rest of the team couldn’t keep the pace. Nonetheless, it was an impressive showing from the Torpedoes.

Gold – The Pikachus (mr_pikachu)
Early trash-talking made the Pikachus look like fools until they vaulted to first place early in the year. A loss to the Dragons and a four-game losing streak, however, sent the Pikachus tumbling down, prompting a struggle just to make it to the playoffs. Fortune granted them the bottom seed, which they used to upset the Firebirds and then the Torpedoes in astonishing, yet low-scoring games.

Thanks to everyone for participating this year. I hope to see you all again next season. And look for more TPM Fantasy Leagues - TPM Fantasy Baseball is already in the works for 2007. Don't miss it!

Drago
27th December 2006, 04:52 AM
lol that was all worth it just for that kickass team round-up, Brian. Good show dude, that right there was a storybook finish to wrap up the season. I was the cocky, angry, superstar-laden jackass who's on his way to glory, you were the little team that could. j/k
Seriously I thought you would miss the playoffs, and I thought you'd bow out to kainashi in round 1. You did neither, I was crying in distress watching Alexander and Houshmandzadeh, and I had two straight miserable weeks to close the TPM fantasy season. Watch now as LT scores four TDs in week 17.

Congrats, Pikachus! I got nothing against losing to a damn fine team... just hate that team name. lol