PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with writer's block, laziness, etc

Nikku-San
28th March 2003, 02:39 PM
Well, lately I've been devoid of ideas. I can't really think of anything new or original. And when I get one I'm either too lazy to write or I give up before I start. The latter is one of my worst traits.

So.... What do you do to get ideas? What do you do to get motivated? Any good motivational and/or inspirational music?

The Yashin Rabbit
28th March 2003, 02:43 PM
Do you live in a big city? Do you have one near where you stay? PUBLIC PARKS are the answer to your prayers. Just walk down there with a yellow block and a pen and ideas will come floating over. If you have access to Universities Campuses that's even better.

It worked for me :yes: :) ;)

Mewfour
29th March 2003, 12:09 AM
Me? I try to cram whatever my story is into a few words.

IE:

A story about a power struggle in a faraway galaxy = Galaxy War

A story about a former deadbeat/slacker turnign his life around = Jacky (Who just so hapens to be that deadbeat/slacker)

A story about a neo-medival future with lots n' lots o' BnG (Blood n' Gore) set in the year 3050 = Bloody Sword: 3050 A.D.

A story about an android, called a "project," that was the prototype model for other android of it's kind, numbered Project: 0 = Project: ZERO

A story about a anthro-squirrel that is dangerously reckless = Reckless Micky

And there you have it. Well, that's what works for me, anyway.....

The Rusted One
29th March 2003, 05:32 AM
What can I say...

Basically, if you can't think of any new or original stuff, just write down EVERYTHING that you think is old and unoriginal that's in your head. You can often piece separate elements together and twist them to make a new story - and when that happens, new elements seem to appear out of thin air. It's true. Well, for me at least. Hope this helps.