PDA

View Full Version : [Game]Infestation Round 5 (M.A.)

Dark-San
29th August 2006, 05:43 AM
K, for PCG mods, this is another TWG/AM/WT/Mirage spin-off.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

[color=silver][b]Infestation

A foreign object hit the Nevada desert in the evening. It was transported to Area 51 for examination, but somehow an accident occurred and whatever was inside the object has escaped and killed all the scientists working on it.

The ‘Alien’ is a shapeshifter and has made herself look like another soldier. She has the power to lay eggs that hatch and the hatchling must infest a human host to survive.

Area 51 has been put under lockdown. No one can get in or out. The objectives? For the unlucky soldiers – to hunt down and eradicate the alien threat. For the alien – to survive the witch hunt and escape to the outside world.

Daytime

The alien cannot operate in the open and so is vulnerable. All the soldiers collate their suspicions and at the end of the day one unlucky soul is executed and then the autopsy is performed, revealing whether they are alien or not.

Nighttime

The soldiers retire to their billets and sleep. However, the alien and her hosts operate.

Soldiers

Private – No abilities apart from a daytime vote.

Signaller - Can send a PM to the host (begining Nighttime 2) to find out the identity of one of the random human comrade. (This effect can only be used once)

Medic – Can send a PM every second Nighttime (beginning Nighttime 2) to the host to administer a drug to any player. If the player has not been infested, no harm comes to them. If the player is infested, they die instantly.

Sniper – Is on watch at night and can send a PM to the host to guard a player of his choice from any Alien attack once per Nighttime. All Alien attacks against the chosen player will simply fail for that Nighttime.

Commando – Out to hunt Alien scum. Can send a PM to the host every Nighttime to watch one player. If that player participates in an Alien attack, there is a 50% chance of catching and killing that player.

Sergeant – Has been delegated the role of interrogating the other soldiers. May send a message to the host every Nighttime to interrogate a soldier and find out their role (either Alien or Human).

Major – The head of the soldiers and so has his own private security. If aliens attempt to Kill or Infest the Major during Nighttime, he has a 50% chance to catch and kill one of the aliens.

Aliens

There is one Alien at the beginning who is always the Queen. As the Queen she has the power to infest. The Aliens can only use these abilities at Nighttime. The Queen also starts with an already infested soldier, picked at random. Only the Queen can infest.

Infest – Lays an egg. The hatchling will target a player of the Queen’s choice. The Queen must send the PM on behalf of her brood to the host to designate the target. If the Queen attempts to Infest, the aliens cannot attack this Nighttime. The first Infestation has a 100% chance of success (except against a Major). The second Infestation has a 25% chance of failure. The third Infestation has a 50% chance of failure. Any subsequent Infestation attempts have a 75% chance of failure. Also, once half of the players are dead, failed Infestations have a 50% chance of having a random Alien caught and killed.

Kill – The aliens go out and kill. 25% chance of success if only one alien. 50% chance of success if two aliens. 75% chance of success if three or more aliens. If the attack fails, there is a 50% chance a random Alien is caught and killed. If the Aliens attempt to kill, they cannot use Infest this Nighttime.

Everytime a player is successfully infested, they randomly bear the traits of one of the breeds of Alien from the Queen’s planet. Here they are :

Shadowmorph – A master of disguise. If killed by Daytime vote will register as a human in the autopsy.

Johrmaid – The Queen’s loyal helper. If the Queen is caught during a Nighttime attack, the Johrmaid will take her place in death.

Brutash – If caught during a Nighttime attack will survive death.

Scyrocles – If killed by Daytime vote has a 50% chance of killing at random a player who voted for him.

Clairras – Has a 50% chance of escaping any ill-effects of human nighttime abilities.

Mentare – A manipulator. Will choose the loser of a Daytime vote tie, even if he himself is one of those concerned in the tie.

Parascule – A parasite. The host is unaware that he is infested but for all intensive purposes is counted as an alien. The Queen can send a PM to the host at Daytime to change the vote of the Parascule’s host without him realising it. If the Queen dies, the Queen can select another Alien to manipulate the Parascule.

Due to the alien’s weak psychic link, she can only successfully maintain control of two host bodies at a time (excluding herself). If there are more than three Aliens (including the Queen), every nighttime there is a 50% chance one of the host bodies at random will try and wrest control from the Alien, in which case the other Aliens have no choice but to kill the host body.

Other Notes

The Infestation does not occur until the time that Nighttime ends and Daytime begins. This means that if a human is targetted by either the Medic or Sergeant during a Nighttime they are infested, they will register as human.

Victory

The Soldiers win if they eradicate all the Alien and all her Host Bodies.

The Aliens win if they outnumber the Soldiers.
Standard Rules people :

1 ) No voting neutral twice in a row
2 ) No vote except on first Daytime = 1 Doom
3 ) 3 Dooms = Automatic Death
4 ) No editting posts
5 ) Posting contents of PM = Automatic Death
6 ) Revealing your role publically = Automatic Death
7 ) Bold your votes please
8 ) Daytime and Nighttime are both 24 hours (roughly), so a full cycle is 48 hours (roughly)
9 ) Can corpses AKA dead players keep their comments to a minimum, and may under no circumstances give any players any help or advice.
10 ) At least 4 players must cast a non-neutral vote at Daytime 1 for a lynching to occur; subsequent Daytimes must have at least 2 players casting non-neutral votes.

Alive
Hyperness is a good thing / - Previously Commando (Alien - Mentare)

Dead
Mr Pikachu - Alien (Scyrocles)
c0n5p1r4cy - Private
Rude Boy - Seargent
Vulpix.ck - Signaller
Green Lanturn - Alien Queen
Roy Karrde // - Major
Crazy Elf Boy - Private
Weasel Overlord // - Medic

The victory belongs to the [size=4]Aliens.

Magmar
29th August 2006, 08:00 AM
Naturally, first vote will be neutral.

Yay Carly!

Hyperness is a Good Thing
29th August 2006, 08:55 AM
Goes neutral for the first round. Tis good to play safe!

Green Lanturn
29th August 2006, 10:47 AM
Nuetral...as the first round tends to be....everytime i do something different, I get my head bitten off, so yeah...

~GL

mr_pikachu
29th August 2006, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I'll go neutral as well. Need to get a sense for the strategies of the game, I think.

Crazy Elf Boy
29th August 2006, 10:54 PM
Neutral

Always a good thing

Weasel Overlord
30th August 2006, 05:31 AM
[color=silver]N-e-u-t-r-a-l

Roy Karrde
30th August 2006, 05:54 AM
Follow the trend and go Neutral

Dark-San
30th August 2006, 10:25 AM
Apologises if I am a little late here. Just got back from night classes ^.^"

Dead

Begin Dusk 1.

Vulpix.ck87
31st August 2006, 06:52 AM
I know it's night time but i'm just checking in to make sure that the 'Yay Carly!' doesn't go to waste. Hurrah, for Bar(ry)! ^_^ Bless. I better not die by your hands, boy..

Dark-San
31st August 2006, 07:53 AM
Barry can become a Butter- Cup instead. *Gives him Butter- Cup's costume*

He can cosplay in them. ^.^

Dead
Mr Pikachu - Alien (Scyrocles)

It has been a very interesting nighttime. The Alien Queen has to be very careful now.

Begin Dawn 2.

mr_pikachu
31st August 2006, 08:02 AM
Ow...

Well, that was fast. I can see why you warned me about joining... you like to hurt the newbies! *whimpers*

"What's it like to die?"

"It really hurts! :)"

...Yeah. Just a bit of Lain for ya. Fitting.

Waves_of_Darkness
31st August 2006, 12:29 PM
Real quick... I'd like to join the next game, if you have one!

Magmar
31st August 2006, 03:22 PM
Oh look. A dead alien. Wee! *pokes the corpse* It jiggles... *dances around in Buttercup costume*

So uhh... I'm gonna go for c0n5p1r4c(y?) because a.) his name is a pain to type to type out, b.) i don't think he's ever not voted in a round so i guess that's suspicious? and c.) i have no other leads as of right now.

Vulpix.ck87
31st August 2006, 05:30 PM
Oh man i've missed playing these kind of games.. Let's vote for someone random!!!! *leaps at conspiracy with extra teeth*

*watches The Boy Formerly Known as Maggymar dance* O .o

Crazy Elf Boy
31st August 2006, 07:23 PM
c0n5p1r4cy because I like to eat hamburgers

Green Lanturn
31st August 2006, 07:34 PM
Now, see the dilemma here, if I vote for anyone but Conspiracy, it still provides enough votes for the kill to occur, which would still therefore be conspiracy so far.

Conspiracy, just because logic dictates he's already dead.

~GL

mr_pikachu
31st August 2006, 07:47 PM
Just in case there's any confusion, I'd like to stay in for the next game, too.

And hi, Waves_of_Darkness! I hope Dark will have enough cleverness to find a spot for you. ^_^

...The humans... they are too powerful!

+conspiracy+
31st August 2006, 08:21 PM
god im used to this bs already =/

and just fyi I haven't voted in rounds usually because I have a life and can't be on everyday =/

Magmar
31st August 2006, 11:09 PM
c0n5p1r4cy because I like to eat hamburgers

High 5 for that

31st August 2006, 11:40 PM
since he's already dead, c0n5p1r4cy

Dark-San
1st September 2006, 08:01 AM
*Bleep*

Wrong target guys!

*Looks at Barry in Butter- Cup costume*

*Hands him Mo Jojo customer*

You need a bigger brain.

Dead

c0n5p1r4cy - Private

Begin Dusk 2.

Dark-San
2nd September 2006, 08:38 AM
The verdict is out, nobody die! ^.^ But suspicion still lingers in the air.

Dead

Begin Dawn 3.

Magmar
2nd September 2006, 04:21 PM
Neutral.. I can see everyone's afraid to throw the first vote.... well I'm not doing it. XD

Roy Karrde
2nd September 2006, 04:40 PM
Going to go with Crazy Elf Boy for being the first to throw Conspiracy under the bus, for no reason.

+conspiracy+
2nd September 2006, 04:59 PM
Going to go with Crazy Elf Boy for being the first to throw Conspiracy under the bus, for no reason.

it was actually vulpix if you dont count magmar's blind reason

Roy Karrde
2nd September 2006, 10:21 PM
Actually sorry it was Rude Boy so I am going to change my vote to him please.

3rd September 2006, 01:10 AM
interesting reasoning, I would agree with Ryan on this - Rude boy sorry

Green Lanturn
3rd September 2006, 01:49 AM
I'm gonna cause a sway in votes...

Roy Karrde.

I have my reasons, none of which I care to reveal.

~GL

Vulpix.ck87
3rd September 2006, 04:49 AM
I'm going Roy Karrde, cos i have magical powers and know who's naughty and who's not *shifty eyes*

Crazy Elf Boy
3rd September 2006, 06:07 AM
Great do I have to tie break this.

|
|
\ /

I vote for

|
|
\ /

I mean it this time

|
|
\ /

Rude Boy

Dark-San
3rd September 2006, 08:30 AM
The platoon had spoken. Sorry Rude Boy, time for you to go.

Dead
Rude Boy - Seargent

Begin Dusk 3.

Magmar
3rd September 2006, 04:11 PM
Dammit, just came in to vote, too.

Oh wait it's been 8 hours. Sorry I was drunk last night XD;

Dark-San
4th September 2006, 08:58 AM
The aliens had taken yet another victim.

Dead
Vulpix.ck - Signaller

Begin Dawn 4.

Green Lanturn
4th September 2006, 04:35 PM
Well, it seems that nobody chooses to begin the voting....shall I then do so.....

Hmm, believing who i do to not be alien, I believe my target would have to be Crazy Elf Boy.

~GL

Crazy Elf Boy
4th September 2006, 09:32 PM
As my vote since I have a really ok idea who the aliens are I choose Green Lanturn

5th September 2006, 10:59 AM
I dunno, on one hand, Vulpix was a signaller.. and she said that she had magical powers! which was true! I would say Ryan, but I think Crazy Elf Boy is kinda suspicious, cos he did the tie break and all, and Rude Boy turned out to be a sergeant...but when Vulpix voted for Roy Karrde, after that, she was killed in the night - argh!!!
*chooses Roy Karrde

Dark-San
5th September 2006, 11:10 AM
Whoa a three way tie. However, there could only be one death and one to die tonight would be ... ....

Dead
Green Lanturn - Alien Queen

Begin Dusk 4.

Crazy Elf Boy
5th September 2006, 11:22 PM
Hurray we killed the queen

*dances*

Dark-San
6th September 2006, 10:13 AM
Peaceful nighttime. But would it be the same for the next daytime?

Dead

Begin Dawn 5.

6th September 2006, 10:18 AM
o.o There's four of us left, possibly two are aliens.....
o.o

...I'm just sticking with my vote from the previous round - Roy Karrde

Weasel Overlord
6th September 2006, 12:24 PM
[color=silver]I agree, Vulps said that Karrde was suspicious before she died, which is very suspicious in itself, so; my vote goes to Roy Karrde...

Roy Karrde
6th September 2006, 12:29 PM
So did Green Lanturn, and he started it all but nothing happened. I am going to vote for Hyperness She's going after me pretty strong and since there was already a alien attack on my life. It seems as if they would want to rub me out eventually!

Crazy Elf Boy
6th September 2006, 05:56 PM
I have a feeling Since Hyperness has been more "ACTIVE" this game I am voting for her

+conspiracy+
6th September 2006, 08:13 PM
lol this is classic... on one side two aliens, and on the other, the two humans, and I don't know for sure who is who =O

Dark-San
7th September 2006, 08:44 AM
Wonderful! The boss is dead!

Dead
Roy Karrde - Major

Begin Dusk 5.

Dark-San
8th September 2006, 01:15 PM
Wonderful! An adventurous attempt that failed!

Dead

Begin Dawn 6.

9th September 2006, 07:59 AM
Erm. O.o *looks between WO and CEB*......
I don't know what to think anymore...
Crazy elf boy

Weasel Overlord
9th September 2006, 08:26 AM
[color=silver]Yeah, I'm also going with Elf Boy, in the spirit of ganging up on people! Hah!

Dark-San
9th September 2006, 08:44 AM
In the spirit of killing the innocents? Wrong target, Kirst.

Dead
Crazy Elf Boy - Private

Begin Dusk 6.

Plantae
9th September 2006, 10:46 AM
Good morning all (or whatever it happens to be in your time zone). I must apologize for my dormancy of late and I solemnly swear that I am well-prepared to jump back into this whole affair by next round.

At the request of several members, and partially of my own volition, I wish to start a new round in the old Axis Mundi ruleset. For those of you who have never played under the Axis Mundi ruleset, it is quite similar to basic TWG (which can be found here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/twg.htm)) except for the fact that it includes a few extra special roles and in balance of these turns the werewolves into shifters of all kinds, with specific and shamelessly minor powers based on their preferred form.

This is at your choice, though, obviously. I will be sending out a private message that shall question whether or not you choose to participate in the next round (with a link to the Axis Mundi rules re-drafted, should the next round be using them or not) within the next couple days and you need not post or private message me or any other if you have no problem with the next round using the Axis Mundi ruleset. I ask, though, if you disapprove, that you private message me within the next couple days.

Dark-San
9th September 2006, 11:36 AM
Welcome back, Plantae.

*Looks at complicated English used*

Argh... just dropped us a date on when it would start and then the members will start flowing in. ^.^

Dark-San
10th September 2006, 08:51 AM
A coin flip to decide the winner and it is ....

The Aliens!

Dead
Weasel Overlord - Medic

It is an alien victory is time round. And as for the next game, it would depend on when would Plantae be free. Nice going for the game guys.

10th September 2006, 08:59 AM
*cries* WHY WHY WHY DID YOU KILL KIRST?????
*runs after Dark-san with some evil alien implements* She was my precious!!!!!! *roars*
Dark-san is ebil. *sobbles*

Dark-San
10th September 2006, 09:03 AM
*cries* WHY WHY WHY DID YOU KILL KIRST?????
*runs after Dark-san with some evil alien implements* She was my precious!!!!!! *roars*
Dark-san is ebil. *sobbles*

It is still the same. -_-"

When dawn, she will vote you and vice versa. In the end, it still comes down to a coin flip.

Eitherway, Plantae just to inform you that I will be playing in the next game. ^.^

Plantae
10th September 2006, 01:34 PM
Duly noted, Dark-San. In the way of when it will start, probably soon after this ends. I plan to have the rules drafted up by tonight and the "will you be participating" messages sent. I will post the list up here when I find out how many will be playing. I would forewarn, though, that what I plan and what happens are often very different things.

mr_pikachu
10th September 2006, 05:38 PM
Woohoo! Go aliens! We rock! ^_^

<-- First dead

Yeah, I did so much to help our team win.

Anyway, yeah, I'll be playing in the next game. I want to actually get to do something next time. So consider me signed up!

Magmar
10th September 2006, 07:08 PM
I'll participate, but IM me and nag, because I'll be busy

10th September 2006, 08:47 PM
I would definitely love to play, thank you ^^

Crazy Elf Boy
11th September 2006, 04:43 AM
I love camping....................................uh I mean *deep voice* I will play next round.

Heald
11th September 2006, 04:47 AM
I'll play.

+conspiracy+
11th September 2006, 10:42 AM
=) !

Roy Karrde
11th September 2006, 11:46 AM
I'm up for another round!

Plantae
11th September 2006, 10:30 PM
Axis Mundi rules are finished. I've changed the Theurge's name to High Elder and moved the High Elder's betrayal ability into the new traitor role. The Datura shifter ability has been removed. I have created six new animal forms for the shifters as well. I had to re-create these, so there may be some inaccuracies. I urge you to point out any that exist, issues with clarification, or balance problems. The revised rules can be found here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm).

I've noted the participation of all those who have posted here. I will be sending you reminder private messages and participation requests to anyone else. Currently those here and the people who haven't but whom I know are playing amounts to about ten.

Next round ought to be up either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Zcade0
13th September 2006, 06:19 PM
*crawls out of ground like the undead monsters on the older versions of Yu-Gi-Oh*

I HAVE RETURNED!! *flash, bang, BOOM* You shall all bow before my supereme awsomeness! I have honed my RPing skils in far away forums and returned to beat you all in a glorious reunion round!!! I shall smite you all good! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! *looks for evil demond smiley* Alas! The good smileys alude me in this darkest and blackest of places! Doom to ye who designed these smileys!! DOOM I SAY!!!

hensforth and fordwidth, add me to the round.

mr_pikachu
15th September 2006, 01:47 PM
Hey, uh... just wondering when the next round's going to start. It's Friday now, after all.

Plantae
16th September 2006, 06:56 PM
Ey up. Your friendly neighborhood Plantae here. I suggest not touching me, as I am quite infected. With the common cold, that is, and such is the reason for my absence. This round is temporarily postponed to no later than Monday. I would ask for someone else to step up, but that would just get too messy. In the meantime, view this somewhat large cast list for this round. Until tomorrow or the day after, this is Plantae signing off.

Cast
Ace64
Waves_of_Darkness
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Dark-San
Green Lanturn
Kevvaelli
Vulpix.ck
Weasel Overlord
Roy Karrde
c0n5p1r4cy
Heald