PDA

View Full Version : [RMT] LG.

Dark Scizor
29th August 2006, 08:54 PM
Possibly the first RMT I've done in well over a year and one of the few I've done for the AG games. I know nothing of the AG metagame, so I just whipped together a BPteam with what little I know about AG:

Ninjask - Substitute, Swords Dance, Double Team, Baton Pass @Leftovers (Timid)

Dragonite - Ice Beam, Earthquake, Return, Thunder Wave @Scope Lens (Hardy)

Suicune - Surf, Calm Mind, Roar, Rest @Chesto Berry (Calm)

Umbreon - Mean Look, Toxic, Charm, Baton Pass @Leftovers (Careful)

Celebi - Heal Bell, Recover, Calm Mind, Baton Pass @Lum Berry (Timid)

Gengar - Psychic, Haze, Confuse Ray, Will-o-Wisp @LEftovers (Modest)

All have 1 trait only.

Tried it out once on Netbattle, I accidentaly got my Dragonite KO'd when I clicked the wrong box, my other two attackers (Suicune and Gengar) didn't fare too well when my main sweeper died. The three bpers managed to stall and KO the other 5 pokémon before coming across a Metagross, which I couldn't hurt :(

aragornbird
2nd September 2006, 09:39 PM
You know what you couldn't hurt Metagross? Because 3 of your Pokemon don't have any offensive moves! A Pokemon with Taunt would have a field day with your team!
Also, you are forgetting EVs. EVs are important in the Advanced metagame.

Ninjask -
@Leftovers (Adamant)
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Substitute
Swords Dance
Hidden Power Bug/Hidden Power Flying
Baton Pass

Double Team is frowned up in Netbattle. Get HP Bug or HP Flying so you can actual hurt stuff.

Dragonite -
@Leftovers (Naughty)
EVs: 56 HP / 240 Atk / 212 Spd
Earthquake
Hidden Power [Flying]
Dragon Dance
Thunder

Never use a neutral Nature like Hardy. Also, don't use Return on Pokemon that aren't Normal types. Since you're Baton Passing, I would use a physical oriented Draggy.

Suicune
@Leftovers (Bold)
EVs: 188 HP / 212 Def / 16 Spd / 56 SAtk / 36 SDef
Surf
Calm Mind
Roar
Rest

Standard, except for the Nature and Item. Suicune's job is to defend against physical attackers weak to Water (Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, etc.) similar to what it did in the GSC metagame. So give it Bold and plenty of Defense EVs.
Chesto Resting is for noobs.

Umbreon -
@Leftovers (Bold)
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SDef
Mean Look
Wish
Charm/Taunt
Baton Pass

Less Toxic, more Wish. Taunt is also useful. If you are using Taunt, give it 224 Speed Evs.

Celebi -
@Leftovers (Timid)
EVs: 156 HP / 200 Def / 152 Spd
Psychic
Recover
Calm Mind
Baton Pass

No attacks make Celebi sad. Don't waste a Lum Berry on it. Celebi's Natural Cure automatically heals it of status as soon as you switch it out.

Gengar -
@LEftovers (Hasty)
EVs: 220 Atk / 184 Spd / 104 SAtk
Will-o-Wisp/Hypnosis
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch/Fire Punch
Explosion/Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/Focus Punch

Gengar is a terrible Hazer and why would you need it when you have Suicune's Roar? Psychic is also bad because Gengar has no trouble against Fighting or Poison types. Thunderbolt + Ice Punch is the standard. Fire Punch is if you have trouble against Metagross. Gengar has lots of options

Dark Scizor
3rd September 2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the rate. :D

You know what you couldn't hurt Metagross? Because 3 of your Pokemon don't have any offensive moves! A Pokemon with Taunt would have a field day with your team!
Also, you are forgetting EVs. EVs are important in the Advanced metagame.

I know about EV's, I just couldn't be bothered to put them down.

I couldn't hurt Metagross because the only near offensive move I had left was Toxic, which doesn't affect Steel types, so I got shafted. It's a learning process though :)

aragornbird
3rd September 2006, 05:49 PM
For Netbattle teams, go to Team Builder, File-->Export to Text. That way, you won't have to type the whole thing up.