PDA

View Full Version : Wolfsong Vs. Metallixs Girl (Ref: Elec Man EXE)

Wolfsong
1st September 2006, 04:14 PM
3-3 (one out at a time)
I choose first.
You attack first.
DQ: 1 week
Banned moves: Attract and rest.
Arena: How about: The roof of the Daily Planet. Lois and Clark (as played by Terri Hatcher and Dean Cain (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/WolsongsWilderness/landcseason4.jpg)) are writing an article on the battle. Since this is a battle on the roof, ground moves will not work. Also if any of the pokemon's attacks hit either Lois or Clark, there will be a 2% health penalty. If a pokemon falls off of a roof, Clark will pull a disappearing act and superman (Also played by dean cain (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/WolsongsWilderness/HOL112.jpg) in the series) will rescue the pokemon that fell. However, the pokemon that fell will take a 10% health penalty.

I choose my male growlithe Horatio

Any takers?

Metallixs Girl
1st September 2006, 05:02 PM
[color=mediumpurple]I've never fought you before, Wolfsong, so I'll take your challange if that's ok. ^_^ My sig banner's not updated yet, but I'll send out my female Pikachu, Topaz!

All right, Topaz, begin with a Thunderbolt, then try and Body Slam + Seismic Toss to knock him towards the edge, and throw him off the roof.

Wolfsong
2nd September 2006, 12:04 AM
That's fine with me.

All right Horatio, let's get to work. I want you start with double team to make it harder for you to get hit. Then, I want you to roar and hopefully startle Topaz. Finally, I want you to blast her with a fire blast.

Double Team ~ Roar ~ Fire Blast

Elec Man EXE
8th September 2006, 01:05 PM
Hmm... Metallix's asked me if I'd ref this, so... yah. Here I am. I hate first round reffing...

*swipes text colors from both of joo*

Wolfsong vs Metallix's Girl
Round 1

*Pre-Round*
Horatiohttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr058.png(Male)
100% HP / 100% EP
Double Team ~ Roar ~ Fire Blast

Topazhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr025.png(Female)
100% HP / 100% EP
Thunderbolt ~ Body Slam + Seismic Toss

Arena Status: The air is still

*Battle*
The two trainers step out onto the roof of the Daily Planet, briefly shielding their eyes from the sudden glare from the sunlight. Each walks to an opposite end of the rooftop calmly, before turning and facing one another. The girls each pull out a pokeball, eager to get the battle underway. Wolfsong starts out, gracefully tossing a pokeball to the ground. The flash of light following soon disappears to reveal a small fiery dog, a Growlithe named Horatio. The fire type barks happily and looks toward his trainer, tongue hanging out. Metallix's Girl responds by tossing her own pokeball, which reveals a healthy looking Pikachu. The female mouse, named Topaz, sparks a bit as she stretches. Each trainer gives a brief set of orders to their respective pokemon, and they face one another for the first time.

Topaz, newly evolved and feeling rather energetic, growls as her cheeks start release sparks, which start to dance across her body. As the current steadily builds around her anatomy, Horatio closes his eyes, focusing himself. He is able to create a few illusions beside him, taking identical form to his. Opening his eyes again, he sees that he managed to create the doubles just in time, and Pikachu's electric attack is flying straight at him. The jagged bolt reaches one of the Growlithe... and flies right through it, as the clone disappears into thin air. The bolt slams harmlessly into the ground, using up all its energy merely charing the floor. Topaz frowns in dismay, while the fire puppy breaths a sigh of relief.

But Topaz doesn't stay disappointed too long. She gets down on all fours, starting to dash toward her foe and his remaining clone with a grin on her face. Getting nearer, Horatio grins himself. Not seeming particularly worried at all, he and his partner let loose a loud and suprisingly fierce roar. Topaz stops in her tracks, a look of terror on her face. Maybe this isn't such a good idea, getting right up close to that thing... she turns around and dashes away from Growlithe, seeded with fear. Sliding to a stop near the arena edge, the electric mouse shudders at the very thought of the puppy.

Having successfully intimidated the quick electric type, Horatio feels a sense of superiority. Now hoping to get some real headway in this battle, the hound inhales deeply. As he does, fire energy from his internal furnace starts to build within his maw. The flame grows in size and strength, steadily getting harder for him to handle. Topaz still lies crouched near the edge, looking fearfully at the growing fire attack. Reaching his limit before he loses control of the attack, Horatio lets out a bark as he spits the impressive orb of fiery energy toward his cowering foe. Flying quickly through the air, the searing orb soon bursts into a starlike shape as it speeds toward Topaz. Not occupied with anything at the momemt, the small electric type is free to dodge the attack. She leaps to the side, avoiding the core of the attack, but misjudges one of the branches of flame. The heat and fire hits her painfully, engulfing her body for a second, but the fire soon passes, leaving her cringing a bit but still standing. She's a bit charred, but she lets out a relieved cry, knowing she avoided the brunt of the assault.

Horatio breaths heavily, regaining his breath after the intense attack, and is quite happy that he has the upper hand. Topaz still looks a bit frightened of the fierce dog, but she's also feeling rather good about avoiding his attack. Meanwhile, Lois is writing notes on the progression of the battle so far, while Clark nods and studies the fight. "This should be an interesting fight" he whispers to Lois, not wanting to disturb the battlers.

*Post-Round*
100% HP / 88% EP

96% HP / 95% EP

Arena Status: A few char marks on the ground, air still calm

Wolfsong
11th September 2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks for reffing. Sorry i havent' replied sooner, but been busy wtih work ^^;. Only have two people now and waiting for the district manager to hire more people.

All right Horatio, start wtih safeguard. Next, Use fire spin and finally finish up with secret power.

Safeguard ~ Fire Spin ~ Secret Power

Metallixs Girl
11th September 2006, 04:24 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Nice job Topaz. He wants a Safeguard huh? Then Encore it and then Mimic the second one which I believe will render the Secret Power useless, so attack with Iron Tail.

Elec Man EXE
13th September 2006, 11:21 AM
Stupid construction knocked out my internet yesterday just as I finished this reffing :mad:. Good thing I thought to save it beforehand...

Could you edit the topic title so it lists me as the ref please, Wolfsong? It'll just help me keep track of the battle a bit better.

[color=skyblue]Wolfsong vs Metallix's Girl
Round 2

*Pre-Round*
100% HP / 88% EP
Safeguard ~ Fire Spin ~ Secret Power

96% HP / 95% EP
Encore ~ Mimic ~ Iron Tail

*Battle*
As Round 2 begins, the trainers waste no time in ordering the next set of commands to the 2 pokemon. Each nods in reply, both feeling rather feisty at the moment.

Wiggling her ears, Topaz waits patiently for her opponent to make the first move. She's got a little something up her sleeve, but she can't do it until Horatio acts. The puppy pokemon doesn't suspect anything, and he simply raises his head and barks. While he does, a mystical power is summoned, and an array of spinning lights surround his body momentarily. They fade away quickly, but they leave behind a very faint protective aura around the fiery Horatio. Pikachu smiles to herself, and is ready to put her plan into action. She gets up on 2 feet and starts clapping for Horatio, applauding his previous effort wholeheartedly. The fire type wags his tail, glad to have impressed his "audience".

It worked so well once, why not do it again? Thats what Horatio is thinking, and he indeed performs the same action. A second wave of sparkling lights encircle him, having no continuing effect this time but just as dazzling as his previous show. All the while that Horatio performs this attack, Topaz is carefully watching the performance, trying to discern exactly how to summon up this mythical attack. As Growlithe completes the move, Topaz feels she is now able to perform a similar attack, and she does. Concentrating, an identical circle of colorful lights appear around her body, spinning around briefly before fading, and embuing the electric mouse with a similar protective aura as Horatio.

But the effects of the Encore are waning, now. Horatio snaps back to his senses, remembering the battle at hand. He's not putting on some show here! Annoyed, the hound's eyes shimmer, and a stream of energy flows out of them and into the rooftop. In the meantime, Topaz is running on four legs toward Horatio, no longer fearing the dog pair and hoping to catch him off guard. As Growlithe's energy hits the rooftop, a slab of concrete is surrounded by the energy and suddenly ripped up. The slab flies at a suprised Pikachu, who gets slammed hard in the chest and lets out a yelp. It knocks her to the ground, but determined she leaps back up and resumes her charge. Nearing the target, her jagged tail shimmers as a coat of metal energy encircles it, and she whips it around with a shout. She smashes her tail into one of the Horatio's face, and he tumbles backwards with a wimper. Quickly getting back to his feet, he growls at Topaz while her tail returns to normal, angry about the blow and loss of his clone.

The 2 pokemon glare at one another, each one feeling superior. While the 2 reporters continue to take notes on the impressive battle, the trainers look thoughtfully at their pokemon, hoping to use their abilities to best pull ahead in the battle.

*Post-Round*
91% HP / 75% EP

88% HP / 81% EP

Metallixs Girl
13th September 2006, 11:53 AM
[color=mediumpurple]Use Blinding Speed (Quick Attack + Flash), Topaz! Get right in his face really fast and blind him! Then get to the side or behind and try a Dynamic Punch.

And yeah I thought I saw other refs ref that Secret Power caused status problems but I could have gotten it mixed up with Hidden Power so desregard what I said about it being nullified lol. ^^

Edit: Just wanted to give my combo a name. ^_^

Elec Man EXE
13th September 2006, 12:17 PM
[color=#FFDD11]In the game it causes status effects based on the arena, so I always figure that it must control the arena (or part of it, anyway) when I ref.

But it does damage as well, not just status effects. I'm not sure what status effect a slab of concrete would do, but it'd be blocked anyway by the safeguard

Metallixs Girl
13th September 2006, 12:22 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Ahh, okay, I never use it in the games. I wasn't disputing, just explaining why I said that. I remember seeing one reffing where it just shot a beam and did a status affect. ^_^

Wolfsong
17th September 2006, 03:05 PM
All right edited title..

Sorry it took me a while. Been busy with work, and had a job interview on friday and waiting to see if i got hte job. If i did, i'm putting in my 2 weeks notice.

"All right, Horatio. I want you to start by closing your eyes and relaxing. Next, I want you to use odor sleuth to pinpoint your opponent's location. Finally, when she comes close to hit you, open your eyes and crunch down on her paw."

Close eyes and relax ~ Odor Sleuth ~ Open eyes and Crunch

Elec Man EXE
18th September 2006, 01:43 PM
Hoo, boy. Got all 5 of my reffings to do today... *cracks knuckles*

Good luck with the new job (hopefully, anyway) Wolfsong.

Round 3

*Pre-Round*
91% HP / 75% EP
Relax (Eyes closed) ~ Odor Sleuth ~ Crunch

88% HP / 81% EP
Blinding Speed ~ Dynamicpunch

*Battle*
Its the beginning of Round 3, and on the roof the battle is still picking up steam. The trainers take a moment, then shout a series of commands to the pokemon in good time. The 2 combatants nod carefully, noting the attacks.

Eager and swift, Topaz gets on all fours again and dashes at Horatio. Even as she runs, her cheeks emit bits of electricity. Nearing her target in the blink of an eye, she acts quickly. Using her electrical prowess, she creates a brief but blinding burst of light in a way similar to a flash bulb. Having successfully overcome Horatio's possible countermeasure to the flash with her speed, Pikachu finishes up the attack by crashing into the hound, sending him sprawling to the ground. He lets out a yelp, suprised and unable to see anything but a big blurr. But despite his failed attempt at blocking the flash, he closes his eyes and takes a moment to compose himself. While he conserves energy, Topaz takes a deep breath and prepares for her next move.

The skilled electric mouse approaches Horatio quietly from the side, taking up a good offensive position. She stands up and holds one small fist at the ready, charging it with a powerful chi energy. Her arm glows, increasing in brightness gradually. While she prepeares, Horatio abandons his sight completely, and falls back on his strong sense of smell. Concentrating for a moment to boost his already high sense, Growlithe starts to sniff at the air. He quickly catches Topaz's scent to his side. Turning to face her, he catches another scent, one of a powerful energy charge accompanying her own. Pikachu is suprised as her foe turns right at her, but shrugging it off as merely a fluke she silently leaps at the puppy, fist surging with energy. But its no fluke, and Horatio has a good idea of just whats happening as he catches wind of the powerful energy approaching. Leaping to the side, Growlithe manages to avoid the brunt of the attack as Topaz swings her fist around. He still gets caught by the follow up of the punch, and as the chi crackles through his body he feels disoriented, though the physical damage is laughable. The fire puppy is seen stumbling around, as the remaining energy surrounding Pikachu's fist dissipates and the glow disappears.

Having exausted herself with her prior combo, Topaz takes the opportunity to let her body recover while Growlithe ambles around like a drunkard. The effect is quite temporary, however, thanks to the still-present Safeguard the confusion didn't take strong roots. Mind clear, and recalling his order, the fire type cautiously opens his eyes in preperation. Letting out a groan, Horatio finds his vision still mildly obscured, though its much better than before by now. With a combination of smell and sight, he easily locates the resting Pikachu, and carefully rushes toward her. His jaws are open, dark energy crackling through his teeth like black electricity. Rearing back, he launches himself forward with his back legs and subsequently sinks his teeth right into a tired Topaz. The mouse lets out a pained cry as she feels the stinging in her shoulder, and the evil energy just serves to further pain Pikachu. To make it even worse, Horatio swings his head back and forth, serving to further irritate the wound. Topaz cringes as Growlithe finally releases his grip, jumping back and snarling at her.

A persisting and powerful soreness in her shoulder, Topaz holds the wound with her other hand. Horatio still looks to be in good form, his vision almost completely recovered at this point. The glow around both pokemon persists, getting even more faint over time but still present. While the trainers think hard about the next round, Clark holds a hand on his chin, rather intruiged by the battle so far.

*Post-Round*
82% HP / 74% EP
Status: Satisfied, Safeguarded (1 round), Sense of smell boosted (1 round)

79% HP / 67% EP

Wolfsong
18th September 2006, 09:59 PM
Nice work Horatio. Now, I want you to start with Leer. Then, I want you to use flamethrower. Finally, finish with body slam.

Leer ~ Flamethrower ~ Body Slam

Metallixs Girl
18th September 2006, 10:15 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Uggh, so sorry, Topaz, darn the mutt's sense of smell... Start by drenching this roof with a Rain Dance, but if it's possible, do it with your eyes closed, if not then go ahead with it anyway. Counter the Flamethrower with a Thunder. Finally, Charm him before he Body Slams you.

Elec Man EXE
19th September 2006, 12:12 PM
Ahoy, ye scallawags. It be the pirates day to shine, and we pirates do love somethin' a bit shiny.

It be yer lucky day, for ye will get a full pirate reffing fer this here battle.

Round 4

*Pre-Round*
82% HP / 74% EP
Status: Satisfied, Safeguarded (1 round), Sense of smell boosted (1 round)
Relax (Eyes closed) ~ Odor Sleuth ~ Crunch

79% HP / 67% EP
Blinding Speed ~ Dynamicpunch

*Battle*
Arr, we be enterin' the 4th Round of this here battle. The trainers be carefully thinkin' about what attacks to use, and soon they be orderin' each of their pokemon to swab the poop deck... er, to run each other through.

Tryin' to ignore the cutting pain in her shoulder, Topaz be carefully concentratin' and closing her eyes. As her body shines a deep blue akin to the ocean itself, a rumble o' thunder be heard overhead as the ominous clouds, they rollin' in. All the while that Pikachu be callin' upon t' storm, Horatio, well he be makin' a horrible face toward her. Glarin' like he be a wrongly marooned pirate, he's lookin' quite frightening. And t' electric mouse, she be quite uneasy... or she would be, if she had her deadlights open. But as the rain finally starts t' fall, Horatio be gettin' a bit uncomfortable. And truth be told, nothin' be worse smellin' than a wet dog. But that be beside t' point...

With the fallin' rain soothin' her wound a bit, Topaz starts t' build up an electrical current as her cheeks emit streams of sparks. As she builds up electrical energy which be engulfin' her body in bright sparks, Growlithe takes himself a deep breath. Lettin' his internal furnace fuel the fire, he blows out a fiery stream of woe. But unfortunataly for him, t' fallin rain cuts through the roarin' flames nicely. When t' flames finally reach the mouse, they be considerably weakened. Topaz hunkers down and takes the diminished fire admirably, wimpering a bit, but she be givin' Horatio no quarter. Taking a few moments more t' complete her electrical charge, Pikachu cries out as she fires off a powerful arc of high-voltage power. Cutting through t' damp air with ease, Horatio soon be findin' himself struck by the powerful lightning blast. Lettin' out a yelp as he feels t' electricity course throughout his body, Growlithe winces in pain. Even as t' electricity runs it's course and starts to dissipate, a few stray sparks dance across Horatio's damp fur. He looks rather pained, he does.

Bein' disappointed by his prior attack, the dog shakes off the pain and starts to rush toward Topaz. He be mighty determined to hurt the blige-sucking wench. But that feeling not be lastin' for long. The electric type tilts her head, widens her eyes, and smiles widely at Horatio. Topaz be finishing her little show with a bit of mild psionic direction to the fire type's mind. Well, I'll be a bilge rat, she looks rather adorable like that. And Growlithe looks to be thinking something similar, as he stops and looks at her peacefully. How could he even think of harmin' such a cute little critter? Well, he stand thar', taken by t' cute trick, while Pikachu smiles to herself. She's still got it, eh?

And that be the end of the round. As t' two pokemon stand, them two landlubbing reporters still be writin' down notes here and there. And the trainers, well they be thinkin' about how to best give one another t' black spot.

*Post-Round*
69% HP / 69% EP

74% HP / 56% EP

Arena Status: A few char marks on the ground, Rain falling (2 rounds)

Metallixs Girl
19th September 2006, 12:56 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Great reffing, Elec, lol. :)

Okay, Topaz, give Horatio a Sweet Kiss before your Charm wears off. And since he's so close, use Thunder Wave and get him even more wet by using the water on the roof with a Surf. If he uses Double Team, substitute Thunderwave for Shockwave, and do Sweet Kiss and Shockwave depending on when the clones are out, and then use Surf.

Wolfsong
19th September 2006, 11:03 PM
Horatio, use agility to dodge the sweet kiss and put some distance between the two of you. Then, I want you to use sunny day. Hopefully with your speed boosted from the agility you can get it up before she uses thunder wave. Finally I want you to finish with toxic.

Agility ~ Sunny Day ~ Toxic

Elec Man EXE
21st September 2006, 03:26 PM
Round 5

*Pre-Round*
69% HP / 69% EP
Agility ~ Sunny Day ~ Toxic

74% HP / 56% EP
Sweet Kiss ~ Thunderwave ~ Surf
Sub: Shockwave

Arena Status: A few char marks on the ground, Rain falling (2 rounds)

*Battle*
The battle continues without missing a beat, and it would certainly seem that the pokemon are determined. The trainers shout over the sounds of falling rain and rolling thunder, Wolfsong in particular trying to snap her pokemon out of his apparent condition.

Hoping to strike before the moment escapes, Topaz starts running at Growlithe. Ignoring the pain in her arm, the little Pikachu reaches the target, who still appears to be in awe. She does something quite unexpected... grabbing onto the puppy, she plants a big sloppy kiss on his cheek. Horatio is quite thrown, by both the act itself, and by the hallucinigenic substance that seeps into his body. The strange fluid takes grip of his mind, sending him into quite a confuzzled state. Topaz hops back, smiling at the fire dog who appears utterly disarrayed. Feeling overwhemled and unable to remember much of anything clearly, he simply closes his eyes as though trying to wake up from a bad dream.

Pikachu is more than happy to take advantage of the situation, and her cheeks light up with electricity. She clenches her fists as she lets loose a series of sinewy sparks, which dance through the falling rain until hitting Horatio. The bright current wraps around his body, numbing the nerves throughout the puppy's anatomy. He whines a bit as he feels the mildly painful sensation, but the sparks also essentially snap him back to reality. Opening his eyes, he see's the tricky electric type right in front of him and is suddenly reminded that this is a battle, not some playdate. Remembering his trainer's order, he looks to the sky as though praying to some deity. The rain starts to slow while Growlithe's body radiates an inner red light, eventually stopping altogether. And even though the confusion effects his concentration, he even manages to clear off some of the cloudcover, letting streams of light pour through the parting nimbus. Its not exactly sunny, but at least the rain's gone, he thinks as the glow recedes into his body.

Frowning a bit from the lack of rain, Topaz know's she has to hurry. The roof's drainage is quite good, and the water won't wait long. Her eyes glow a deep oceanic blue as she taps into an odd inner power. The glow persisting, water starts to gather before her, massing together as if being summoned. It takes sufficient time for her to gather as much water as possible, and in the meantime Growlithe is having problems of his own. He appears to be under another bout of confusion, feeling his mind spinning. Its so bad that he ends up stumbling and smashing into the ground with a yelp. Pikachu, having gathered all the water she can muster, holds her arms in the air. Rising up into a ground-bound wave, the mass of water rushes toward a fallen Horatio with impressive speed. Just as the wave is about to overtake him, Topaz releases her concentration and lets the tower of water crash down on top of him. The tide washes him a distance, almost to the edge of the building, before its spread enough to leave him lying in a puddle. Horatio coughs, having sucked up a bit of water and fur completely soaked.

Finally catching his breath, Horatio stands up, looking much more sturdy now. His mind has managed to recover from the confusion, and while water drips to the floor below he growls at Topaz. She doesn't appear too worried, boasting a considerable lead and knowing that though Growlithe looks fine now, the paralysis she inflicted could flare up at any moment. Lois continues to take notes (rather diligent, isn't she?) while Clark stands tall, simply taking the battle in and seeming ready for something.

*Post-Round*
54% HP / 64% EP

74% HP / 46% EP

Arena Status: Rain stopped, rays of sun shining through the clouds

Wolfsong
23rd September 2006, 10:55 PM
Allright Horatio, I want you to start with howl. Next, I want you to use facade and finally finish with secret power.

Howl ~ Facade ~ Secret Power

Metallixs Girl
23rd September 2006, 11:13 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Fantastic last round, Topaz! Now, when his mouth opens, spit a Toxic right in his throat, and when he comes in close for a Facade. Thunder Wave once again to try and keep him from reaching you. He's still soaked so the paralysis may get way worse. As for secret power, use Agility.

Elec Man EXE
26th September 2006, 10:57 AM
Round 6

*Pre-Round*
54% HP / 64% EP
Howl ~ Facade ~ Secret Power

74% HP / 46% EP
Toxic ~ Thunderwave ~ Agility

*Battle*
The scene looks a bit heavenly, sunlight shining through the clouds, but the battle is certainly not. The battlers carefully issue another set of commands as the pokemon nod, acknowledging the call to action with zeal.

Hoping to take advantage of Horatio's attack, Pikachu waits patiently for him to act again. Horatio himself is more than happy to oblige her, but something inside of him prevents it. The fire dog feels his muscles start to lock up before he can even do anything, causing him to twitch uncontrollably. Topaz, seeing the apparent seizures that her opponent is under, shrugs and starts to build up a toxic goo from an assortment of chemicals within her body. Soon enough she spits the viscuous purple glob toward the immobile Horatio. The poison splatters over the puppy's body, seeping into his pores while he stands helpless. Pikachu feels a bit sorry for the dog, but quickly disposes of those feelings.

Finally feeling his muscles loosening up, Horatio lets out an annoyed bark and starts running toward his yellow opponent. As he approaches, an inner glow radiates from his body, drawing power from his status inflictions. Topaz readies herself, red cheeks emitting streams of sparks. She releases the mild electrical charge into the air as Growlithe approaches, but the sparks do little to stop the charging dog, though it does cause him a bit of discomfort. Even as the sparks jump across his dampened, poison covered fur, he delivers a body tackle against Topaz. She lets out a cry, pummeled by both the energy and the strike itself. The greatly boosted blow throws her far back, nearly to the edge of the roof. But she manages to stop herself before the worst happens, and sighs in relief.

Having paid the price for her status inflictions, Topaz now goes on the defensive. She gets on all fours and closes her eyes for a moment, giving her muscles a temporary speed boost in the process. Horatio pays little attention as his eyes flicker with energy. He fires out a beam of energy to the roof, again taking control of a concrete slab. Its sent flying toward Pikachu, who doesn't appear worried. Threatening to knock her clear off the roof, the block reaches the electric mouse only to be nimbly dodged as Topaz quickly dashes to the side in the blink of an eye. The limited control granted by the inner power is unable to turn nearly enough to even attempt to hit Pikachu a second time, so Horatio frowns as he releases the slab. It falls many stories down to the ground, thankfully merely landing on the sidewalk and not an unsuspecting victim.

Topaz grins at the fire pokemon, continuing to feel rather good and now harnessing a burst of speed. Horatio isn't feeling nearly as good, and as the poison inflicted just a few minutes ago starts to burn his insides he winces in pain.

*Post-Round*
49% HP / 56% EP

61% HP / 37% EP

Metallixs Girl
26th September 2006, 12:31 PM
[color=mediumpurple]All right, we've got a great lead! Since your energy is low, I want you to catch your breath and Relax x2 but use your speed boost to dodge anything that comes at you, that includes covering your eyes and ears when appropriate. For your last action, give Horatio a Present, unless that third attack is fire, then Protect.

Wolfsong
26th September 2006, 09:07 PM
Horatio, lets give Topaz a taste of her own medicine. I want you to get close to that pikachu and use a toxic of your own. Then while you are still close hit her with a powerful fire blast. Finally finish with facade.

Toxic ~ Fire Blast ~ Facade

Elec Man EXE
27th September 2006, 12:12 PM
Round 7

*Pre-Round*
49% HP / 56% EP
Toxic ~ Fire Blast ~ Facade

61% HP / 37% EP
Relax ~ Relax ~ Present

*Battle*
Each trainer remaining determined, the battle rages on to Round 7. The pokemon grunt in reply to their trainers' orders, and it takes little time before they are going at each other again.

Realizing that she's quickly tiring herself out, Topaz sits on the ground and lets her reserves replenish themselves. While she does, Pikachu makes sure that she is in a position where she can dart out of the way of incomming attacks. Horatio, meanwhile, is getting ready to show the little mouse just how unpleasent poison is. He starts to rush her, intending on a close range attack... but he feels the unpleasent tingling in his body kicking up again even as he runs. Gradually, each muscle in his body locks up and refuses to respond, leaving him standing ackwardly. Topaz smiles, her paralysis tactic paying off well.

Still feeling a bit pooped, the electric type continues to rest her body, feeling stronger every moment. Growlithe, finally managing to shake the annoying paralysis again, continues to run toward her. Getting within a few feet, he takes a deep breath and taps into his fiery core. As fire energy builds up between his jaws, Topaz gets to her feet and waits cautiously, sensing the threat of the attack. Letting out a shout, Horatio lets the large fiery ball fly toward the waiting mouse. Still harnessing boosted speed, Pikachu dashes to the side, avoiding the flaming orb entirely. Having not burst into the kanji shape yet, it proved a rather easy task utilizing the boosted speed. The heated attack flies off, exploding into the intended shape afterward and soaring into the distance. The puppy lets out a disappointed growl, and looks toward the unharmed electric type.

He bears his teeth at Pikachu, but that feeling of anger is soon replaced by joy. Topaz taps into her mallet account and pulls out a lovely wrapped package, with a big pink ribbon. Smiling, she tosses it to her opponent. Horatio is impressed by the thoughtful gift, and immedietly sniffs at it. Smells ok... he opens his mouth and clamps onto the ribbon, curious as to whats inside the box. But as soon as he chomps it, he feels a burst of heat. The box explodes with energy, tossing the dog back and creating a nice light show. Rolling across the ground, Growlithe wimpers. He slowly stands on his feet and looks at Topaz, mixed feelings of sadness and rage swimming in his head. Ultimately the rage wins out, and he again taps into his afflictions as he rushes toward Pikachu. Shimmering with an inner energy, Horatio leaps toward his electrical opponent and smashes his weight into her, amplified by the flow of energy. She is thrown back as the dog smashes into her chest, crying out. The cry escallates to a scream as she sees the roof in front of her... she has nothing to land on but the sidewalk far below. Gravity kicks in as she starts to plummet to what could very well be her doom, and Topaz covers her eyes. But she has a guardian angel, as it were, in the form of a mysterious caped man wearing tights. He catches the wayward Pikachu and flies back up to the roof, setting her down, and then in a flash he's gone.

Topaz remains lying on the ground, utterly terrified by the near death experience. Her body is shaking while she tries to get a hold of herself, and meanwhile Horatio cringes while the poison continues to work through his body, burning every cell it touches.

*Post-Round*
36% HP / 44% EP

40% HP / 42% EP

Wolfsong
29th September 2006, 09:52 PM
All right Horatio, I want you to give a fierce roar to further frighten that pikachu. Next, I want you to release your anger with a strong frustration. Finally hit her with anohter facade.

Roar ~ Frustration ~ Facade

Metallixs Girl
29th September 2006, 10:23 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Oh my poor Topaz! Everything's all right, you're okay...After he roars at you, make a Wish. That might make you feel better. Then use Double Team and we CANNOT have another Facade so Protect.

Elec Man EXE
4th October 2006, 11:14 AM
Round 8

*Pre-Round*
36% HP / 44% EP
Roar ~ Frustration ~ Facade

40% HP / 42% EP
Wish ~ Double Team ~ Protect

*Battle*
Still going strong after 8 rounds, the 2 pokemon face each other. The trainers shout their orders, and the pokemon quietly acknowledge with a nod.

Still feeling rather shaken, Topaz remains shivering on the ground for the moment. Seeing a unique opportunity, Horatio smirks. The fierce dog lets out a powerful and frightening roar, which echoes across the skyline. Upon hearing the scary noise, Pikachu's eyes widen and she leaps to her feet. She dashes away from Horatio, wanting to get as far away as possible from the terrifying fire type, but at the same time carefully avoiding getting close to the edge. Getting a fair distance away, she stops and stands up. The mouse lifts her head to the sky, as though gazing to the stars. While Topaz looks up, she feels a sudden boost in confidence as a thin stream of light comes down from the sky surrounds her in a mysterious light. She suddenly forgets all about her fear, feeling more determined and stronger than ever, and grins toward Growlithe.

Now able to focus herself on defense, Pikachu closes her eyes and concentrates. At the same time, Horatio starts to run at her, looking rather furious. Its a long trek thanks to her fright moments ago, and as he continues to bound toward her a pair of identical clones blink into view beside her. Unphased by the appearence of the illusions, Horatio rushes on and reaches one of the mice. He leaps at it and chomps down, unfortunately on thin air. In his rage, it takes him a few moments before he realizes there's nothing there, even as the clone disappears. After a few swats at thin air with his paws, he turns and faces a second Pikachu, snarling with anger. He lunges at the next Topaz, who looks worried, and he thrusts his paws through the stomach of the rat. This next clone vanishes as the first. Horatio just keeps on whacking and biting the thin air, blind with rage. But soon, despite the fact that he never actually hit a real entity, he feels much calmer. He turns and faces the last, real Pikachu, appearing more peaceful than he has in many rounds.

Now void of her partners she conjured in the previous turn, Topaz looks confidently at her fiery opponent. She holds her short arms outstretched, and begins to channel energy through them. The energy gathers in the shape of a barrier before her, gradually becomming a solid shield against attacks. Horatio draws from the waning power of his negative status effects, energy surfacing all along his body and giving him a radiant white glow. Leaping at the electric type, he lets out a suprised yelp as he smashes straight into her transparent energy barrier. The energy from the charge flows to the shield, harmlessly bouncing off and disappearing. Horatio slides down to the ground, and getting up shakes his head, stunned. Pikachu chuckles to herself as she releases her hold on the energy, letting the barrier shatter and the power dissipate. Growlithe, on the other hand, lets out an exasperated sigh as he realizes what his opponent did.

The sigh turns into a pained cry as the puppy feels the ever present poison making its way further through his system, stinging his innards like a multitude of needles. Topaz feels the power boost leaving her body, prematurely thanks to the fact that it had to counter her fear, but she remains determined regardless, and looks toward her trainer eagerly. Lois also looks at the trainers, taking the brief respite to note some details about the trainers and not just the pokemon.

*Post-Round*
30% HP / 31% EP

40% HP / 32% EP

Metallixs Girl
4th October 2006, 11:38 AM
[color=mediumpurple]Topaz, you're doing excellently. Light Screen, and Charge a Thunderpunch.

Shockwave for any Double Teaming and Agility for any fire.

Wolfsong
4th October 2006, 06:59 PM
Horatio, I want you to start with toxic. Then follow that up with two facades.

Toxic ~ Facade ~ Facade

Metallixs Girl
4th October 2006, 07:07 PM
[color=skyblue]Horatio, I want you to start with toxic. Then follow that up with two facades.

Toxic ~ Facade ~ Facade
[/quote]

[color=mediumpurple]Oh heck, I knew I was forgetting something, lol. ^_^

Elec Man EXE
6th October 2006, 10:14 AM
Round 9

*Pre-Round*
30% HP / 31% EP
Toxic ~ Facade ~ Facade

40% HP / 32% EP
Light Screen ~ Charge ~ Thunderpunch
Sub: Shock Wave / Agility

*Battle*
With the trainers watching intently, they now issue another set of orders to the two determined pokemon. Each grunts and nods in reply, and then they turn to face one another with determination.

Feeling strong, Topaz leads off the round by setting up her defense. Holding her arms outstretched, she concentrates while a screen of glowing energy begins to build in front of her. It shimmers slightly, but aside from that is practically invisible. As the shield is erected by the electric mouse, Horatio starts to concoct a mix of fluids in his mouth, creating a highly poisonous mixture. Remembering just how painful the poison has been to him, the Growlithe opens his mouth and spits the purple glob toward Pikachu with a howl. It flies at an arc through the air, and as it hits Topaz' light barrier a portion of the attack is filtered. Enough gets through and splatters over her body, however. Pikachu winces as she feels the acidic substance seeping through her pores into her body. Horatio smiles, happy to spread the agony of the poison that the rat inflicted on him so long ago.

Still wimpering from the pain, Topaz does her best to block out the discomfort and glares at the fiery puppy. Lowering her head, her ruby cheeks begin to spark. The current grows steadily, soon engulfing her whole body in high-voltage sparks as she overcharges her internal power core. Horatio takes pause seeing the mouse covered in electricity, but he knows he has to keep the pressure on her to gain a lead. He growls at the electrified pokemon, again drawing energy from his negative condition. The energy starts to surface on his fur, when suddenly he feels his body locking up. The energy flow is suppressed by the powerful paralysis, and he finds himself a statue unable to function properly. While he stands helpless, Topaz relaxes herself and grins, streaks of electricity still jumping across her fur.

The sparky mouse takes good advantage of Horatio's sudden paralysis bout. She rushes forward on 2 legs, holding her right fist at the ready and gathering a powerful electric charge upon it. With a shout, Pikachu jumps toward the fire type, thrusting her electrified fist into his face and sending him toppling back. Upon contact with her hand, he feels a sudden sting as the gathered voltage surges across the area of impact and into his body. Grunting, Horatio gets back to his feet, determined not to lose just yet as Topaz lands back on the ground. Her body retains a mild electrical charge, but she looks worried and steps back as she witnesses Growlithe glowing. Energy growing from the power of the afflictions, he starts to run toward the nervous Pikachu. Unfortunately, his muscles start to lock up a second time. He becomes completely immobilized just a few feet away from Topaz. She giggles out loud, much to the annoyance of Horatio, but he stands paralyzed and unable to do anything about it.

As the ninth round comes to a close, both pokemon feel the continuing poison biting inside of them, though Horatio certainly has it much worse. Pikachu groans a bit, but Growlithe full out yelps as he regains muscle control. His body aches in general, but the ever growing poison certainly isn't helping things.

*Post-Round*
13% HP / 28% EP

39% HP / 19% EP
Status: Intoxicated, Overcharged (1 electric attack), Light Screened (2 rounds), feeling mighty

Wolfsong
9th October 2006, 07:55 PM
Sorry been busy with work. Grand opening is only 9 days away. Horatio, start with double team then use an agility body slam combo.

Double Team ~ Agility + Body Slam combo.

Metallixs Girl
9th October 2006, 11:24 PM
[color=mediumpurple]No prob. :) Topaz, finish him off with Encore and then the charged Shockwave!

Elec Man EXE
11th October 2006, 12:01 PM
Round 10

*Pre-Round*
13% HP / 28% EP
Double Team ~ Agility + Body Slam

39% HP / 19% EP
Status: Intoxicated, Overcharged (1 electric attack), Light Screened (2 rounds), feeling mighty
Encore ~ Shock Wave ~ Relax

*Battle*
The current matchup seems to be winding down as the battle reaches Round 10. The trainers carefully order the commands for the round, while the ever watchful eye of the two reporters gazes at them intently. Pokemon nodding, Lois gets her pen ready knowing that it won't be long before they get right back at one another again.

Taking comfort in her substancial lead, Topaz stands calmly and awaits her opponents move, body still glowing with sparks. Cringing in pain, Horatio focuses himself as he closes his eyes. He concentrates on his illusory power, and soon enough a pair of clones fade into existince beside him. The 3 puppies open their eyes and look on toward the charged electric type weakly. Unexpectedly, she starts to joyfully applaud her opponents action, clapping her small hands and cheering for him. The fire type looks strangely at her, but he can't help but smile and feel good despite the battle at hand. Pikachu keeps up the applause, all the while thinking to herself how gullible this dog is.

Firmly under the effect of the Encore, Horatio gets ready to summon up another round of clones. After all, it worked well once, why not again. He and the 2 doubles close their eyes in deep concentration, as Topaz watches carefully, but nothing happens. Time passes, and eventually the mouse realizes that the ever present paralysis has taken over the puppies body yet again. He merely stands there, shuddering a bit involuntarily but unable to do what he actually wants to do. Pikachu shrugs, and almost instantly thanks to the current already jumping across her fur, fires off a series of small electrical sparks. Doing so with pinpoint accuracy, a number of high voltage streams hit each of the 3 Growlithe. With 2 disappearing as the sparks pass through them, it leaves the real Horatio all alone, and he too gets zapped by a number of bolts. Current flowing across and into his body, he cries out in his mind but remains immobile otherwise. Topaz almost feels sorry for the dog, but this is a battle after all.

Breathing heavily and feeling fatigue setting in, the electric type sits calmly, conserving her energy for the inevitable next opponent. She relies on the toxins to do their part to finish off her foe as she sits. While she relaxes, Horatio manages to shake the paralyzing effect one last time. Eyes slitted and fighting with the growing pain, he runs toward Topaz for one final valiant attack. The electric rodent bears a worried expression as Growlithe draws near, but she fights any urge to run, still feeling rather tired. As the pained Horatio draws near, he jumps into the air and falls on top of Topaz, putting all his weight on her and bearing her to the ground. She yelps as she is dog piled (bad pun, I know :p ) by the fire type. He intends to keep the rat pinned as long as possible, growling under his breath.

Even as the fiery hound sits on top of Pikachu, he feels the sting of the poison through every blood vessel in his body. He yelps one final time, and despite his resolve is finally overtaken by the pain. Becomming still, Horatio's eyes close and he falls into darkness. Feeling the dog become limp, Topaz rolls him off and gets to her feet, feeling a lesser but still painful bite of poison within her own body. She winces a bit, but looks toward Metallix's Girl proudly. Wolfsong frowns, but pulls out Horatio's pokeball. The crimson beam pulls the fallen fire type back into the safety of his ball, and Amy puts it aside and reaches for a second pokeball. Lois Lane flips the page of her notes, waiting eagerly for the next part of the battle.

*Post-Round*
0% HP / 20% EP

28% HP / 19% EP

[color=#FFDD11]What, there's no typo here :sweat4: Wolfsong sends out, Metallix's attacks, then Wolfsong attacks

Wolfsong
11th October 2006, 07:48 PM
I choose Calleigh Duquesne (Calleigh for short) my female miltank.

Metallixs Girl
11th October 2006, 10:31 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Ohhhh... Fantastic job, Topaz, now let's see what you can do to Miltank... Start out with Agility to help you dodge attacks and then a Reversal and Focus Punch if you have Energy left.

Wolfsong
12th October 2006, 07:13 AM
All right Calleigh, I want you to start by relaxing and conserve your energy while that pikachu is using hers up. Next, I want you to use protect. Finally finish with Double Team.

Relax ~ Protect ~ Double Team

Elec Man EXE
16th October 2006, 02:26 PM
[color=#FFDD11]I can't seem to spark my creativity to do a reffing today... I feel about as creative as the chair I'm sitting on. I know its been a while, but I'll try and get it up tommorow. Hopefully I won't feel so blah then.

Elec Man EXE
18th October 2006, 03:32 PM
Hopefully the forums won't crap out on me when I try to post this now...

It seems like your trying to go for an energy KO Wolfsong... I'll mention that I normally don't ref energy as a KO. Rather, when the pokemon hits 0% energy, the next 3 turns will be greatly reduced in efficiency (less damage, slower reaction time, and so on). Once that 3 turn period is up, the pokemon will resume normally with 25% energy. If it hits 0% again, THEN its a KO. Since I didn't mention it at the start of the battle, I'd understand if you'd rather just go with the usual 0% energy = KO method, though.

Round 11

*Pre-Round*
Calleigh Duquesnehttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr241.png(Female)
100% HP / 100% EP
Relax ~ Protect ~ Double Team

28% HP / 19% EP
Agility ~ Reversal ~ Focus Punch

*Battle*
After a brief moment of consideration, Wolfsong grabs hold of a new pokeball. She gently tosses the orb tot eh ground, and a bright flash is followed by a loud mooing. As the light dies down, a healthy Miltank named Calleigh is seen standing tall before her trainer. She looks down at her small opponent, and then back to her trainer. Wolfsong orders her attacks, and Metallix's does the same, and Round 11 starts.

Assured by her trainer that no attack will come, Calleigh sits down calmly on the concrete. Despite the cow's apparent lack of motivation to attack, Topaz gets on all fours and gives her muscles a psionic speed boost. Harnessing increased speed, she simply stands at the ready, completely prepared to dodge any attack. But Miltank just sits there, not a care in the world. And... yah. Both pokemon just sit there doing nothing for a while. Yay.

Finally getting tired of the wait, Topaz dashes toward the lazy cow with an annoyed look on her face. The little electric type reaches her in mere seconds. But Calleigh, suprisingly swift for a cow, raises her arms and creates a flow of energy, forming the power into a shield covering her entire body. It glimmers faintly, but is otherwise invisible. Pikachu jumps up and thrusts a foot toward Calleigh's face, but lets out a suprised cry when the attack slams into the shield harmlessly. She falls back to the ground and hops around awkwardly on one foot, having stubbed her toes on that barrier. Miltank chuckles as her arms drop to her side, the shield dispersing into the air at the same time. The electric mouse shakes off the pain and casts a death glare toward Calleigh, but she seems relatively unphases as she smiles back.

Clearly rather irritated at this point, and ignoring her dropping energy level, Topaz dashes right back up to the normal type. She pulls her fist back, and starts to charge it with an obscene amount of chi. A brilliant glow surrounds her fist, getting larger as time goes on. Knowing this attack could really hurt, Calleigh closes her eyes. Concentrating carefully, she focuses in such a way that a pair of illusionary body doubles appear to her side. As the clones appear beside her, Pikachu lets out a heavy sigh. If only this attack didn't take so much time, she could have struck before those clones appeared... still, as she pours the last bit of energy into the fist, she thrusts it forward into the center Miltank. The sheer energy charge crackles as it plows straight through the cow, and the illusion is broken. It fades away, leaving her fist in nothing but thin air. The remaining pair of bovine let out a relieved sigh, but as the energy charge dissipates into the air Topaz lets out an exasperated grunt.

Suddenly, Topaz finds her energy reserves at a dangerous level. She gasps heavily as she falls to her knees, and even as she struggles with that the poison continues to work through her system, causing her to groan loudly. Calleigh and her companion watch the mouse struggle, feeling confident and still completely unharmed.

*Post-Round*
Calleigh Duquesnehttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr241.png(Female)
100% HP / 89% EP

22% HP / 2% EP

Wolfsong
20th October 2006, 01:44 PM
Either way is fine, but thanks for letting me know.

All right Calleigh lets get to work. I want you to start with Shadow Ball. Then use Body slam and finally finish with Secret power. Of course if pikachu tries to use focus punch, dynamic punch or reversal use seismic toss to throw pikahu around.

Shadow Ball ~ Body Slam ~ Secret Power

Metallixs Girl
20th October 2006, 01:53 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Light Screen once more, Topaz. Then Charm her and Facade.

Elec Man EXE
23rd October 2006, 03:46 PM
OK, I'll go with my prefered method (as outlined above) then. Nice to see that not everyone is super picky about stuff like that...

Round 12

*Pre-Round*
100% HP / 89% EP
Shadow Ball ~ Body Slam ~ Secret Power
Sub: Seismic Toss

22% HP / 2% EP
Light Screen ~ Charm ~ Facade

*Battle*
The air is calm atop the Daily Planet, but thats about all that is. A rather fierce battle is taking place, watched by Lois and Clark reporting on the unfolding story. The trainers take little notice of their audience, and issue their next set of commands with gusto.

Ready to take good advantage of her opponents tired state, the newly released Calleigh extends her arms. Probing the spiritual world, the normal type starts to gather ghostly energy between her fists. The power pulses with a creepy pink glow as it grows steadily in size. While the cow draws from the spirit realm, Pikachu tries to concentrate as best she can. Using her last bits of reserved energy, a screen of energy begins to take shape in front of her body. Ghostly orb reaching a radius comparable to a bowling ball, Miltank gently thrusts one hand forward, tossing the ethereal bomb toward a heavily breathing Topaz. Still in the process of building her defense, she braces herself as the orb reaches her and explodes, knocking her backwards and shattering her concentration as the null energy flows across her. She tumbles back with a grunt, and slowly gets to her feet, the light shield broken. Feeling completely exausted, she wobbles on her feet, struggling to even keep concious.

Her opponent now very vulnerable, Calleigh grins evily. She starts charging at the tuckered little electric type, arms out as if ready to give her a big hug. And thats not far from the truth, as the bovine jumps into the air over Topaz. Letting out a meager shriek, Pikachu is too tired to do much of anything more. Calleigh brings her weight down upon the rat, smashing her into the ground. Crushed under the cow, who is many times her own weight, Pikachu finds wriggles in an attempt to free herself, but with little success. Even attempting a charming performance is rather impossible, with her face shoved into the concrete. Miltank doesn't give way to the struggles of Topaz at all, keeping her smashed against the ground and trapped, helpless.

After sufficiently smashing poor Pikachu into the ground, Calleigh finally rolls off to the side and gets to her feet confidently. Her eyes shimmer as she taps a strange internal force, and after a brief charge a streak of energy fires out of her pupils and onto the ground near Topaz. Getting up weakly, she wimpers in pain, just before a block of concreate tears off the roof and flies at her. The hard glowing block slams into her face, knocking her right back down and leaving an instant bruise across her cheek. The block cracks in two as it flies on and falls back to the roof, released from Miltank's will after impacting Pikachu. As Calleigh's eyes return to normal, she watches as Topaz attempts to get up. The battered mouse lifts her head and whines slightly, then drops back down and closes her eyes. Her body has been ravaged by battle, and it is not capable of continuing battle.

Seeing her foe down for the count, Calleigh smiles smuggly, though she does feel a bit bad about the savage beat down she gave the rodent. Metallix's pulls out her pokeball and points it toward Topaz, as the ruby beam draws her body back into the orb. She ponders what to use next, as Amy simply nods to her pokemon. Lois jots down her last comments on Pikachu before flipping the page again, eagerly awaiting the next choice in the battle.

*Post-Round*
100% HP / 75% EP

0% HP / 0% EP

[color=#FFDD11]Metallixs Girl sends out and attacks, Wolfsong counterattacks

Metallixs Girl
23rd October 2006, 05:22 PM
Very very well done, Topaz! Now, Male Skarmory, come on out, Sterling! Start by Roaring and then use Sky Attack + Drill Peck (Diving Vulture) How do you spell Vulture? ^^

Wolfsong
23rd October 2006, 06:51 PM
Nice work Calleigh. This time, i want you to start by giving that skarmory a jolt with thunderbolt. Next, try and distract him by giving him a present and finally finish with another thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt ~ Present ~ Thunderbolt

Elec Man EXE
26th October 2006, 11:57 AM
Round 13

*Pre-Round*
100% HP / 75% EP
Thunderbolt ~ Present ~ Thunderbolt

Sterlinghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr227.png(Male)
100% HP / 100% EP
Roar ~ Diving Vulture

*Battle*
As the pair of reporters watch on, Metallix's Girl draws a second pokeball and chucks it to the ground in front of her. The familiar flash accompanies a metallic caw, and a particularly shiny Skarmory bursts into view. The bird starts to look his opponent over while both combatants issue attacks for the round.

As Sterling examines the normal type, she grins widely at him. Then, starting to transmutate her non-elemental energy, sparks start to dance across her body. The electrical current surges across her, and then reaching a sufficient charge is blasted through the air toward a nervous Skarmory. The bolt quickly blasts the steel avian, spreading from the initial point of impact on his chest across his entire body and lighting him up like a street lamp. He groans a bit under the lightning bolt, but as it stops Sterling glares at the cow. Opening his shining metallic beak, he lets out a frightening crow, which resounds across the arena and off into the distance. Already quite far away from Sterling, Miltank doesn't run, though she does appear very uneasy. Her almost conceited confidence is taken over by fear, and she shudders.

Despite the terror, Calleigh knows that her trainer is counting on her. She lifts one hand into the air, palm up, and accesses the mystical place known as the mallet account. From this etheral storage realm, she pulls out a beautifully wrapped box adorned with a pretty pink bow. She motions toward Skarmory and tosses the package toward him, mustering a nervous smile. Highly suspicious, but attracted by presents as anyone, Sterling hops over to the box. Cautiously, he lowers his head and grabs the ribbon with his beak. As soon as he makes contact the box explodes, but not in a traditional manor. Instead, a small white burst of energy flows from the box and into Sterling, soothing his minor wounds and making him feel rather good. Well, that was very kind of the cow, but he's still going to win this battle. Extending his crimson alloy wings, Skarmory takes to the air. As he flies, he starts to rapidly pick up his speed, and his entire body starts to glow with pure energy flowing across him. Now moving at an impressive speed, Sterling dives straight toward Calleigh. Seeing the metal bird approaching, the normal type starts to panic, still under the effect of his scare tactic. She turns tail and starts to run away, but the steel bird is moving far to fast for that to work. As he nears, he focuses a large amount of energy onto his beak, creating a swirling sky blue energy mass. Thrusting his beak into Calleigh, she cries out as the drilling power cuts and sharp beak cut into her back. Seemlessly moving right into the next part of the combo, Sterling raises his head and lets his entire body crash into his foe, the sheer force throwing her to the ground. She tumbles forward, nearly falling off the edge but catching herself, while Sterling veers back around and gracefully lands on the roof.

As Calleigh gets back to her feet with a loud groan, back stinging, she sees that Skarmory is rather exausted from his combo. Perfect opportunity to attack, and she holds out her arms toward the bird and starts charging an electric current again. The powerful jagged bolt surges from between her palms, cutting through the air with great speed. Skarmory screeches when the bolt hits him, flowing throughout his innards and giving him a painful shock. When the voltage stops, Sterling just breaths heavily, still drained from his combo.

Round closing, Miltank takes a moment to rub her sore back, and at the same time finds herself completely rid of the fear inflicted earlier. Sterling, on the other hand, catches his breath and looks toward his trainer, still ready to rock.

*Post-Round*
78% HP / 62% EP

83% HP / 82% EP

[color=#FFDD11]Wow, that second action... turned out a lot longer than I thought, lol.

Wolfsong
27th October 2006, 11:41 PM
Sorry, work kept me busy these last couple days.

All right Calleigh, I want you to start with double team. Next, I want you to use shadow ball. Finally, let's finish up with metronome.

Double Team ~ Shadow Ball ~ Metronome

Metallixs Girl
27th October 2006, 11:54 PM
[color=mediumpurple]All right, Sterling, use the Flying version of Swift, Aerial Ace! Let's try a little experiment... Whirlwind right as she's about launch that Shadow Ball and see what happens to it... and since that Metronome could be seriously anything, go ahead and Fly high to avoid it.

Elec Man EXE
30th October 2006, 02:11 PM
Round 14

*Pre-Round*
78% HP / 62% EP
Double Team ~ Shadow Ball ~ Metronome

83% HP / 82% EP
Aerial Ace ~ Whirlwind ~ Fly

*Battle*
The trainers keep the pace of the battle without delay, and as they issue their attacks for the round each pokemon gives a cry of affirmation and a quick nod, before facing each other.

Going on the defensive at the start of Round 14, Calleigh closes her eyes. With deep concentration, she summons up a duo of body doubles, which appear on either side of her. The 3 bovine open their eyes, and wave playfully at Skarmory. The large bird seems unphased as he spreads his metal wings, flapping them a few times and taking to the air. He seems to be flying away as he goes off the edge of the building, but it becomes apparent thats not his plan as he starts to curve back around. His approach is such that all 3 Miltank are now in a straight line, and he starts to fly at blinding speed while his wings glow with flying energy. Calleigh knows what he's up to, but the quick approach doesn't allow the 3 to spread out before impact. Sterling cuts through all 3 of the normal types with his wing, 2 of them vanishing while the third is knocked back a bit. She lets out a grunt and rubs her stomach, which now bears a light cut wound. Sterling digs his talons into the roof and skids to a halt, turning to face his opponent again.

Not to be disheartened so easily, Miltank raises her arms and quickly starts to pool ghostly energy, drawing straight from the realm of spirits. The orb increases its size rapidly, and as it does Sterling gets ready. He's got something in mind, it seems. Just as Calleigh gets the attack reading, pulling back her hand in prep for hurling it, the metal bird starts to rapidly flap his wings. The speedy flapping whip up a swirling air mass in front of him. Calleigh tosses the pulsating null orb toward Skarmory, and as she does he releases the tornadic air current. The vortex meets with the spectral ball, but given the pure energy nature of the attack, wind has very little effect. The explosive ball passes through the tornado and smashes into Sterling, sending ghostly energy through his metal armor and into his body, though the armor does block some of the effect. He squaks in pain as the attack directly assaults his innards, and meanwhile the whirlwind continues on and hits Calleigh. The effect is minimal, being a bit large to blow with the wind despite its strength, though it does manage to knock her over. She quickly gets back to her feet as the tornado passes and dissipates upon flying off the roof, looking back toward Skarmory.

Getting a mischevious look, Calleigh sticks her fingers up... her index fingers, not what your thinking. Sheesh, get your mind out of the gutter. Anyway, the pink normal type starts to wave her hands back and forth, and they start to glow brightly. While she calls upon the udder (:p) randomness of a metronome, Sterling gets ready to play it safe. He spreads his wings and takes to the air, prepared to dart out of the way of any incoming attacks summoned by the strange power. Suddenly, Miltank stops the waving motion suddenly, as the mystical energy takes effect. A burst of steel energy surrounds her, causing her to shimmer brightly, and when the glow disappears she is coated in a metallic shell (Iron Defense). She feels very well protected within the armor, and stomps her feet to create metallic clings with each stomp. Sterling gazes at her, now faced with a metal foe of his own for the time being.

As the round draws to a close, Sterling stays airborne, flapping his wings just enough to stay suspended in the air. On the ground below, mecha-Calleigh seems quite happy, not used to feeling quite this sturdy.

*Post-Round*
69% HP / 52% EP

76% HP / 77% EP

Arena Status: Skarmory is airborne

Metallixs Girl
30th October 2006, 03:01 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Ooooh, how interesting... Sterling, try and Mimic either Iron Defense or Metronome itself, not sure which one you can actually copy, but I'd perfer if you are able to get Iron Defense... Then Taunt and use your own Secret Power

Wolfsong
31st October 2006, 11:49 AM
All right Calleigh, nice work. Now, I want you to start with sunny day. Then, I want you to use fire punch and fiinally finish with another fire punch

Sunny Day ~ Fire Punch ~ Fire Punch

Elec Man EXE
2nd November 2006, 02:14 PM
Round 15

*Pre-Round*
69% HP / 52% EP
Sunny Day ~ Fire Punch ~ Fire Punch

76% HP / 77% EP
Mimic ~ Taunt ~ Secret Power

Arena Status: Skarmory is airborne

*Battle*
Its already Round 15 of the intense rooftop battle, and it doesn't appear to be winding down any time soon. Both trainers give their commands with confidence, while reporters Lois and Clark look on with eagerness, what a great story this will make.

Ready to really heat things up in the battle, Calleigh closes her eyes. Meanwhile, Sterling is remembering what he saw the last round. He can't seem to gather just how to further harden his shell, but he does know how to summon up a bit of randomness. Landing back on the roof, starts to wave his wings back and forth, just as the normal type did last round. While the metal bird calls upon the random gods, an orange aura surrounds Miltank. As she concentrates, the clouds overhead start to completely clear, and the sun is revealed in its entirety. The heat beats down on the rooftop, causing Skarmory to shift uncomfortably. But what Miltank didn't expect is how uncomfortable it would be for her, now adorned with her own steel shell. Both are equally annoyed by the sunlight it seems. But regardless, Sterling soon completes his call to the random forces of the universe. His wings stop, and out of them a fine blue powder scatters (Sleep Powder). The fine bits float through the air, soon moving over Calleigh. As the bovine breathes in the plant particles, she feels suddenly drowsy. With a long yawn, she lies down on the ground and curls up, falling into peaceful slumber.

With his opponent in deep slumber, Sterling smiles widely. But the smile soon fades, when he realizes he can't very well Taunt the sleeping Miltank. He attempts to anyway, calling her names and trying to egg her into attacking. But the quiet snoring proves that she's quite a deep sleeper. With Calleigh in slumber land, the flying type lets out an exasperated sigh.

But the sleeping cow also provides a nice target, which he intends to take advantage of now. Eyes glowing, he caws as a wavelike beam fires out of his pupils and down to the roof. A concrete slab starts to glow white, and is then ripped from the roof. The block then flies toward the sleeping cow, slamming her head. A loud clanging is heard as the slab impacts against the metallic armor and shatters, and Calleigh is jarred awake by the impact. She abruptly gets to her feet, head a bit sore but unsure of what just happened. She soon comes back to her senses and remembers her order, and so she starts to charge Sterling. Her left fist becomes engulfed in flames as she approaches slowly, the armor slowing her normally agile running speed. But she reaches her steel opponent in due time, and she thrusts her burning first toward his chest. He attempts to avoid the attack, but he is still unable to match her agility and lets out a cry as the fiery hand smashes into his shimmering body. Stumbling back, his chest aches but he glares back at the metal Miltank with determination. She returns the look, and throws in a smug little smirk.

With both pokemon feeling the heat, they turn to their trainers for orders in an attempt to ignore the discomfort. Each of the trainers think hard about their pokemon's abilities as they consider the next round's orders. Lois writes furiously in her notebook, while Clark appears to really like the bright sunlight, and stands calm.

*Post-Round*
65% HP / 50% EP
Status: Armored (2 round), feeling rested but uncomfortable

66% HP / 65% EP

Arena Status: Sunny (2 rounds)

Wolfsong
3rd November 2006, 04:57 PM
Nice work Calleigh. Now i want you to start with swagger. Next, if it works and Sterling comes at you use seismic toss to throw him. Otherwise if he manages to keep his distance use shock wave instead. Finally lets finish random again with metronome.

Swagger ~ Seismic Toss/Shock Wave ~ Metronome

Metallixs Girl
3rd November 2006, 05:46 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Sterling, land in front of her, and turn your back on her and close your eyes so you don't see the Swagger and Relax. Turn to face her and stay close until she reaches for you, then use Agility to dash out of her range, and counter her Metronome with your own.

Elec Man EXE
9th November 2006, 03:49 PM
Round 16

*Pre-Round*
65% HP / 50% EP
Status: Armored (2 rounds), feeling rested but uncomfortable
Relax ~ Agility ~ Metronome

66% HP / 65% EP
Swagger ~ Seismic Toss / Shock Wave ~ Metronome

Arena Status: Sunny (2 rounds)

*Battle*
With the arena illuminated by the unrelenting sun, both of the steely pokemon try their best to concentrate despite the uncomfortable conditions. Even the trainers are sweating a bit, but they issue their attacks to the pokemon with the utmost confidence.

Aiming to up the annoyance factor for Skarmory, Calleigh turns her back to the bird. Unexpectedly, she starts to slap her metal behind and make some rather rude noises. Seems someone thinks they're hot stuff. But Sterling is disinterested in the show. Quickly landing just in front of Miltank, the steel bird lets his body relax as he closes his eyes, paying no attention to the normal type's little display. She keeps at it, determined to annoy, but only gets mild resaults from the verbal portion of the attack. Skarmory is indeed a bit peeved, but not nearly as much as intended, and far from uncontrollable rage. The metal covered Miltank turns around and squints her eyes, apprently just as annoyed at the failure as Skarmory is from the swagger itself.

Upon hearing the taunting come to a halt, Sterling opens his eyes. As he does, he see's an angry metal cow charging at him, arms outstretched. The sudden rush takes him by suprise, and before he can summon up his speed Calleigh leaps up and grabs one of his wings. Her increased weight is far too much for the steel type to hold up, and she crashes back down to the ground with a loud clang, crimson wing still in hand. Miltank flashes a smug smile at him, and then starts to spin Sterling around rapidly like a hammer thrower at the olympics. He feels like he's going to blow chunks as he spins through the air, but Calleigh finally hurls him straight off the building. Head spinning while he plummets, Skarmory finally comes back to his senses. He feels his speed boosted with concentration, and with some difficulty thanks to the injury to his wing, soars back up to the battlefield. Her hand cupped over her ear and listening for the clang of her opponent hitting the ground, Calleigh is rather disappointed when he flies back up, shimmering in the sunlight.

Raising her hands up, she leaves her vengeance up to the mighty RNG. Her fingers wag back and forth, gathering a mystical energy and sporting a white glow. Not to be outdone, Sterling lands on the ground and holds up his wings, also giving a call to the random forces. Both pokemon now wave their respective limbs like some kind of wierd cult worshipers, but unlike a cult this has a real purpose. Calleigh's call is answered first, and her eyes suddenly glow brightly with chi. The energy pulsates across her entire body, and she rushes forward. With the loud ping of metal on metal, she rams herself into Sterling with great force, letting the gathered chi increase the force of the blow to epic preportions (Superpower). He flies back, collapsing in a heap under the force of the attack. The powerful aura around Miltank disappears, power having left her as quickly as it came, but she smiles seeing the effect of the strong attack. Sterling isn't about to be outdone, though. He gets to his feet, cringing, but suddenly gets his own strange power. His sharp beak opens, and a lime flame burns within. The iron vulture blows out a stream of dragonic fire, which engulfs Calleigh (Dragonbreath). As the emerald blast flows across her, a feeling of stiffness manifests itself in her muscles, making it difficult to move. Mystic energy leaving him just as it did Calleigh, the stream of fire ceases and Skarmory closes his beak, satisfied.

With another round over, each pokemon looks a little worse for wear. Sterling has dents and craters across his body from the physical beatings, while Calleigh bears scorch marks and the steel shell seems to be slowly fading. Both remain ready for the orders of their trainers, having the utmost faith in them. And those 2 trainers think hard about Round 17 to come, pulling for a win.

*Post-Round*
58% HP / 36% EP
Status: Mildly Paralyzed, Armored (1 round), weakened (1 round, physical defense lowered)

48% HP / 64% EP

Arena Status: Sunny (1 round)

Metallixs Girl
9th November 2006, 07:15 PM
[color=mediumpurple]Ugh, Sterling, Torment and use another Sky Attack + Steel Wing combo.
Subs: Aerial Ace for Double Team, Counter for physical attacks, and [B]Agility[b] for Electric attacks

Wolfsong
10th November 2006, 12:58 PM
All right Calleigh, nice work. Now I want you to start with double team to force skarmory into using aerial ace. Next, I want you to Counter the combo. Finally, I want you to finish with Fire Punch.

Double Team ~ Counter ~ Fire Punch

Elec Man EXE
14th November 2006, 05:34 PM
Round 17

*Pre-Round*
58% HP / 36% EP
Status: Mildly Paralyzed, Armored (1 round), weakened (1 round, physical defense lowered)
Double Team ~ Counter ~ Fire Punch

48% HP / 64% EP
Torment ~ Sky Attack + Steel Wing
Sub: Aerial Ace / Counter / Agility

Arena Status: Sunny (1 round)

*Battle*
Thinking carefully, each trainer draws up a plan of attack for the coming of Round 17. They issue their commands to their respective pokemon, while the large metal vulture and the determined bovine stare one another down.

Calleigh has bigger plans than a staring contest, and she breaks the lock (and subsequently loses the contest) to close her eyes in deep concentration. With Skarmory looking on and wondering what she's up to, her illusionary powers are activated to allow the formation of a pair of identical clones beside her. She opens her eyes and prepares for the inevitable attack, and Sterling doesn't hesitate for a moment. He knows just how to deal with the bothersome clones and spreads his shining wings, taking to the sky gracefully. With the loud swoosh of the air being pushed aside, the steel bird flies swiftly toward the trio. Lined up with them in a perfect line, he swoops down and cuts through one clone, and then slams into the real thing. She topples to the ground with a soft grunt, as the final clone is destroyed and Sterling soars back up.

While the wounded Calleigh pushes herself back to her feet, she looks up to see the flying type high up above the building. He's already moving fast thanks to the previous attack, and as he darts here and there a cyan glow unlike the sun reflecting off his body envelops him. Knowing that an extremely powerful attack is coming, Miltank hunkers down and prepares herself, outstretching her palms in front of her body. Her own blue aura surrounds her, prepared to strike back with a vengeance. As Sterling grins, having built up a strong flying energy across his body, he starts to dive at the waiting cow, unsuspecting of the pain she has in store for him. His wings gain a further shine, as they shimmer with metal energy. The powered up bird comes down to smite Calleigh, but much to his dismay when he is but a few inches from her a strong unknown force crashes into him. The blow sends him hurtling backwards, and he lets out a loud cry as he crashes into the ground with a bang. The normal type winces, the strength of the attack causing discomfort and pain despite her countermeasure, though lessened. Feeling utterly foiled and sore, Sterling lies on the ground, his body exausted by the stress.

Fighting off the waning pain, the pink pokemon readies herself for one more attack. Raising her fist, it bursts into flame as she focuses heat energy around it. Calleigh dashes into action, running at the grounded bird. She thrusts the fiery palm into Skarmory's head, creating a loud clang as he cries out, feeling the scorching heat on his metallic armor. The blow leaves a blackened patch on the side of his face. Slowly getting to his feet, he looks angry and glares at the cow, but knows that he's at a disadvantage. Calleigh is grinning from ear to ear, feeling very good but is breathing a bit heavily.

But not all is unfavorable to the steel type. As the effects of the weather manipulation disperse, the sunlight returns to its normal intensity, promising a much more comfortable battling venue in future rounds. Calleigh's metallic armor also fully fades, leaving her a bit lighter but much more vulnerable. Lois continues to jot down notes, ever diligent, while the two trainers think up new evil strategies.

*Post-Round*
45% HP / 18% EP

34% HP / 45% EP

Arena Status: Sunlight has faded

Wolfsong
24th November 2006, 12:12 PM
Well here is what I had posted before. It got, but evidently it was lost but i found my post on the older board and i copied it and i'm pasting it here again. Here it is.

Sorry been busy.

Calleigh, start with heal bell. Next, I want you to use shock wave. Finally, finish with secret power.

Heal Bell ~ Shock Wave ~ Secret Power

Metallixs Girl
24th November 2006, 04:30 PM
Oh what a mess... Skarmory, use Agility, and Rock Smash x2

Elec Man EXE
29th November 2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry about the slow reffings... busy with this and that, and the forum not letting me log on my "catch up" day *grumbles at forum randomly removing spaces from reffing*

Round 18

*Pre-Round*
45% HP / 18% EP
Heal Bell ~ Shock Wave ~ Secret Power

34% HP / 45% EP
Agility ~ Rock Smash ~ Rock Smash

*Battle*
The fight rages on, as the duo of star reporters take down notes, both mental and written. The trainers do their best to ignore the pressure, and issue their attack orders to the pokemon, each nodding in reply.

Feeling a bit under the weather, Calleigh prepares herself to fix that little problem. The bovine raises one hand into the air, hoping to chime a spritual bell, but suddenly her body starts to sieze up. She can't muster anything but a few twitches, stuck like a statue with her hand to the heavens. Seems the very affliction she set out to heal has other plans. Skarmory takes advantage of the downtime to give himself a nice boost, muscles temporarily strengthened to allow him a greater range of movement. As he reopens his eyes, he grins at the paralyzed cow.

Within moments, he springs into action. His crimson wings spread and launch him into the air, and he speeds toward Miltank with great haste. Sterling glides around to her side as she regains muscle control, and landing with a clang, lunges his sharp beak straight into Calleigh's side. Her eyes close as she lets out a shrill shriek and staggers sideways. With one hand held at her injured side, Miltank turns to face Skarmory. She conjures up an electrical current, and launches a volley of sparks toward the metal vulture. He spreads his wings once more, attempting to dodge, but the swift electrical attack catches him before he can do so. Sterling feels a few dozen stings across his chest as each of the multiple sparks impact with his silver body, and grunts softly in response.

With her opponent distracted, Calleigh quickly launches into her next action, hoping to catch him before he can speed away. Eyes shimmering, a stream of white light flows out of them to the rooftop below. As before, the manuever rips up a concrete slab, which floats in midair for a moment surrounded by a dull aura before flinging at Sterling. But even as it floats up, Skarmory opens his wings, and with the help of his increased speed soars up as the attack flies toward him. The block soars past and very nearly hits Clark, who leaps to the side to avoid a painful blow. He shoots an annoyed glance toward Amy, who nervously giggles. Meanwhile Sterling flies through the air in a blurr, this time making his swift landing behind the normal type. Once again he thrusts his beak at her, making contact and causing her to stiffen in pain. As Miltank turns to him once again, she's met with a somewhat cocky grin from Sterling.

But the steel bird remains cautious, aware that he's not out of the woods yet, and feeling the pain mounting. Calleigh is gasping heavily, exaustion setting in, and still clutching her side one hand.

*Post-Round*
35% HP / 9% EP

27% HP / 36% EP

Metallixs Girl
30th November 2006, 01:17 PM
Great job, Sterling! Now Taunt her and force her to attack and waste the rest of her energy. Then defend yourself with Protect and Fly.

Wolfsong
2nd December 2006, 09:09 PM
Sorry, work has kept me busy. Calleigh, try to swagger that skarmory before it can taUNT you. Next, if you were able to successfully avoid the taunt, i want you to relax. Other wise just use shock wave. Finally finish with shock wave.

Swagger ~ Relax/Shock Wave ~ Shock Wave

Elec Man EXE
5th December 2006, 06:16 PM
Round 19

*Pre-Round*
35% HP / 9% EP
Swagger ~ Relax / Shock Wave ~ Shock Wave

27% HP / 36% EP
Taunt ~ Protect ~ Fly

*Battle*
The trainers continue to try and turn the battle to their favor. Issuing orders to the pokemon confidently, the two carefully acknowledge the commands.

Exaustion setting in, Miltank breathes heavily. But she knows what she has to do, and she starts to launch insults toward her metal foe. At about the same time, Sterling begins to hurl taunts, daring the cow to do something. Both of the combatants are yelling at one another, but neither with much of a resault, seeing as neither can hear the other all that well. Only bits and pieces are heard, but eventually its Skarmory who gets the point across. Apparently hearing something particularly aggrivating, Calleigh is suddenly fuming. Oh, she'll attack that bird all right, and he won't like it either.

Disregarding her apparent exaustion, sparks start to build across Calleigh's short pink fur. Skarmory grins, before closing his eyes. Channeling his energy carefully, a transparent but very solid shield forms over the metal bird. Miltank points a hand toward Sterling, sending a spread of electricity toward him. As the bolts near the bird, they make contact with the shield. The voltage hits the barrier and jumps across it, but no matter how many impact the shell it holds strong. When the barrage ceases, the metal bird releases the energy, letting the shield crack and vanish. Miltank glares at him with utter annoyance, still determined to hurt him.

Keeping the assault up, the bovine begins the electrical charge a second time. This time, Skarmory spreads his elegant armored wings, and with a few strong flaps takes to the sky. He freely soars this way and that, hoping to avoid any incoming attacks. But Calleigh isn't going to give up just because he flutters around a bit. Swing her palms in arcs, she releases the bolts in a wide flurry. The swarm of yellow sparks fly up, a number of them catching Sterling despite his attempts at evasion. He caws in pain as each of them make contact, surging across his metal coat and into his cells. He opts to stay airborne, however, keeping his distace from the fuming cow.

Though impervious to the fact thanks to her anger, Calleigh finds herself completely drained. Her reserves start to rebuild, but in the meantime movement appears sluggish. Skarmory continues to gracefully fly over the battlefield, waiting for his trainers' next commands, while Lois watches attentively.

*Post-Round*
35% HP / 0% EP
Status: Mildly Paralyzed, Completely Drained (3 turns), Enraged (2 turns)

19% HP / 22% EP

So, energy hit 0% and whatnot. Basically, all of Miltank's actions will be slower and weaker until 3 turns (all of next round) is up, then she'll regain 20% energy and continue fighting as normal. If she manages to hit 0% again, then the energy KO comes in.

Wolfsong
8th December 2006, 09:42 AM
Sorry it took me a while to post, been busy with work and a paper.

All right Calleigh, I want you to just use three shock waves this round.

Shock Wave X3

Metallixs Girl
8th December 2006, 10:24 PM
We can halt that, Sterling. Torment then bombard her with Drill Peck and Steel Wing.

Elec Man EXE
18th December 2006, 05:40 PM
Round 20

*Pre-Round*

35% HP / 0% EP
Status: Mildly Paralyzed, Completely Drained (3 turns), Enraged (2 turns)

Shock Wave ~ Shock Wave ~ Shock Wave

19% HP / 22% EP

Torment ~ Drill Peck ~ Steel Wing

*Battle*
Both trainers try to keep their morale up as the pokemon weaken. They think carefully, then issue their commands for Round 20 of this rooftop battle.

Completely overcome with fatigue, Miltank breathes heavily and struggles to even move. As she weakly lifts her hands, Sterling's eyes darken. The darkness marks the birds intentions, and a glow of the same hue curls across Calleigh's hide. The inky energy seeps into her body, encircling her mind. As his eyes return to normal, Calleigh struggles to build up a charge, but is determined to inflict some pain. A few arcs of electricity jump across her arms, and she flicks her wrist with a gasp and sends the limited number of sparks toward Skarmory. He grunts uncomfortably as the swift shocks course through him, but the damage is limited. Barrage ending abruptly, Sterling spreads his wings as if taunt his opponent with just how little damage the attack did.

Now ready to launch an attack of his own, and knowing that he's relatively safe, he folds his wings on his back and starts to hop toward the exausted bovine. Calleigh isn't too happy about his approach, and she desperately tries to squeeze out a bit more power to attack him once more. But she finds something unseen completely preventing an electrical charge. Sterling throws a mocking glance toward her, and then reaching her side pulls his head back. A tornadic swirl of air builds around his beak, taking on a pale blue sheen as the energy quickly masses. The steel vulture thrusts his powered beak into Miltank's gut, spinning force boosting the impact and ripping at her flesh. She reels back, crying in agony and holding the wound with her hands. Even as the pain spears her, the unnatural rage dies down and the reality of her exaustion hits her.

Sterling smiles to himself, finally getting a solid hit in, but remains vigilant and spreads his red-tinted wings wide. He lifts off the ground, and immedietly heads straight for his opponent. Wings shimmering more brightly than usual, hardened by a layer of steel energy, Skarmory makes his swift approach. Calleigh has little time to respond, and is knocked off her feet as one of the avian's wings slams full force into arms, still crossed over her chest holding her previous wound. While Sterling digs his talons into the roof and lands a few feet behind Calleigh, she almost can't get to her feet. Slowly pushing herself up and gasping for breath, the cow is determined to at least attack again. Another mild electric charge builds across her bruised arms, soon streaking toward her steel opponent. He feels the sting of the electric attack against his armored body even as he turns back to face Calleigh. Wincing lightly, his overall condition worsens further from the weakened attack.

Feeling both physically pained and drained, Sterling glances toward Miltank while trying to mask his heavy breathing. She too appears weak, but her emergency energy reserves finally kick in, giving her one final bit of power to use. Looking toward her trainer, pained and arm over her chest, Calleigh awaits her orders for the next round. With neither pokemon in good shape, Lois makes what could be the last remarks about each in her notebook, looking interested as ever.

*Post-Round*
15% HP / 25% EP
Status: Mildly Paralyzed, Tormented (4 rounds), wounded chest and bruised arms

11% HP / 11% EP

Metallixs Girl
18th December 2006, 11:24 PM
Sterling, I believe one of you is going down this round. It's gonna be a little tricky... Let's try this... Sky Attack x3 but Endure her strongest attack, and she won't be able to use it twice in a row. If she Double Teams, use Aerial Ace.

Wolfsong
21st December 2006, 08:35 PM
Sorry it has taken me a while to post. Work has been extremely hectic lately with it getting closer to Christmas. I'm ready for it to be over so it can go back to a resembelance of calmness.

All right Calleigh, start with thunderbolt. next use shock wave. Finally finish with another thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt ~ Shock Wave ~ Thunderbolt.

Elec Man EXE
9th January 2007, 11:54 AM
So... who hates me right now, eh? Be honest, its well deserved :o

With the holidays out of the way, and my computer working again, I should be back to my normal scedule now. That is until the gods decide to kill my computer again (hey, its happened twice in a month, somethings wrong with that :p).

Round 21

*Pre-Round*

15% HP / 25% EP
Status: Mildly Paralyzed, Tormented (4 rounds), wounded chest and bruised arms

Thunderbolt ~ Shock Wave ~ Thunderbolt

11% HP / 11% EP

Sky Attack ~ Sky Attack ~ Sky Attack

*Battle*

With both pokemon exausted and injured, the trainers try their best to coach the pokemon, and muster what little they can out of them. The pair nod, each one showing signs of wear.

Feeling a new found source of power, Calleigh grins weakly as she raises her bruised arms. She feels a mild tingle as her body begins to build up an electric current, soon powerful enough to create a visual web of sparks across her pink flesh. Watching intently, Sterling predicts a powerful attack in the works. Taking heed of his trainers suggestion, he crouches down and shuts his eyes, mind intently focused on nothing more than withstanding the incoming blast. Miltank takes little notice of the stance shift, and moo's as the powerful bolt is sent streaking through the air toward her metal opponent. He screeches loudly, current surging through his body painfully, but remains set on surviving. When the flow of energy subsides, the armored avian spreads his wings, which bear a few stray sparks, victoriously. His opponent looks suprised, and glances toward her trainer questioningly. Wolfsong merely nods, reassuring her pokemon to continue.

Feeling a boost of confidence with surviving the assault, Skarmory starts to thrust his spiked wings back and forth, taking to the air with some degree of difficulty while ignoring the stings of pain as best he can. As he soars through the air, his body starts to emminate a glow, at first soft but getting progressively brighter as the flight continues. Back on the ground, Calleigh watches his flight while building up for her own attack. More sparks skip across her, this time focused on her arms. The bovine gently swings her appendages upward, grunting a bit from the discomfort of the bruises. The bits of electricity fly up toward the soaring steel type in a scattered formation. The sparks fly swiftly, and despite the speed at which he is moving Sterling gets caught in the barrage. The bits of current hit him, each one spreading in a small radius upon impact. He feels each shock against his metal skin, but as his body becomes overwhelmed the sensation becomes a numbing across his entire frame.

Unable to sustain conciousness any longer, his eyelids droop. The momentum carries him for a while, but soon enough gravity takes hold and he starts to plummet, the glow from his body subsided. Falling like... well, a huge metal bird, Metallixs Girl quickly pulls out her pokeball. Pointing it toward the falling Sterling and shouting return, the red beam speeds out and pulls him back into the safety of the device, saving him from further injury upon crashing to the rooftop.

This saves Clark a bit of trouble, and he sits back down and acts as though nothing happened. Lois watches the two trainers' expressions, as well as that of Calleigh. The normal type takes deep breaths and musters a grin, happy in her victory. Metallixs is relieved that she was able to prevent a bad situation, and she minimizes the ball with a sigh while debating her next choice.

*Post-Round*
15% HP / 13% EP
Status: Mildly Paralyzed, Tormented (3 rounds), wounded chest and bruised arms

0% HP / 4% EP

So... Metallixs Girl sends out, then Wolfsong attacks, then Metallixs attacks. And remember that if Calleigh hits 0% energy again, she will be KO'd, so keep that in mind.

Wolfsong
12th January 2007, 01:11 PM
So... who hates me right now, eh? Be honest, its well deserved :o

With the holidays out of the way, and my computer working again, I should be back to my normal scedule now. That is until the gods decide to kill my computer again (hey, its happened twice in a month, somethings wrong with that :p).[/color]

Don't worry about it. Work has been keeping me busy lately myself, but on the plus side i managed to keep my job and have went from temporary to a permanent part time position. ^^ Thanks for reffing and I hope that your computer continues to do okay. Trust me i can understand about computer troubles as well.

Metallixs Girl
17th January 2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry guys, I've been extra busy and at the same time lost interest in ASB... I haven't been at TPM since Christmas... Well, we fought enough to gain points haven't we? I'd like to forfeit and give them to Wolfsong since I won't be battling, but if we need to battle more I will finish it (giving it my best of course) but if not...

I just don't want to rip her off ^_^

Elec Man EXE
18th January 2007, 11:39 AM
Hmm... very well. It won't be full points (6) since only 2 pokemon have been used. But still a solid point value.

So, points as follows...

Wolfsong ~ 4 points
Elec Man EXE ~ 4 points
Metallixs Girl ~ 2 points

Nice reffing for both of ya, and sorry to hear you've lost interest MG. And with that, POW! I'm gone.