PDA

View Full Version : DP New Pre-Evo connection

DarkestLight
1st September 2006, 08:22 PM
Simply put...WTF IS WITH THE PRE EVO ASPLOSION of DP?

I just finished reading Bulbagarden, and now there's a Chansey Pre-Evo? Why are they working so hard to add so many pre-evo's?

EDIT: Now that I have the time to hypothesize this current development...could DP be the "progenitor" in a way. We've only seen minimal advancement in diversity of Pokemon. Granted, we still have about a month before the game reaches the populous in Japan-but from what we've seen, there are more Pre-evo's than anything.

Is this area Shinou the starting point, and not Kanto, where we all know and love? Or is this area just more hospitable for Pokemon to have pre-evo forms that would naturally not be found in the wild?

Now, its not confirmed that the little Pink POS is a Chansey Pre-evolution, but it dang sure looks like it. All the way down to the little egg in its mini pouch -.-...
Now unless this form allows Chansey to learn some new useful move {Like what? Egg Bomb?}-then once again, its a waste of time.

In truth, now I'm geting tired of hearing any news of DP, they keep throwing too many gift eggs {pardon the pun} that are just rotten. ...Oh, Ironically, if the lil Chansey happens to evolve by HAPPINESS, its the first Pokemon to have a Two step evolution chain made purely by Happiness. -.-

Anyway, thoughts on the Pre Evo asplosion?

mr_pikachu
1st September 2006, 10:12 PM
Well, I'm honestly not convinced that it's any worse than it was in GSC. Granted, it was a little different then, as GSC was the first generation to even have pre-evolutions. But a lot of those additional 100 spaces were filled up with the little tykes then, and I'm hard-pressed to believe that this generation will be worse in that regard.

Poryhedron
1st September 2006, 10:26 PM
GSC pre-evo count: 7 (Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Magby, Elekid)
DP pre-evo count to date: 6 (Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Tamanta, Korobooshi, WhenIGrowUpIWannaBeABlissey)

It's entirely possible that they're showcasing nigh-all of the pre-evos first because 1) they're cute, and a large portion of the fanbase likes that; and 2) they tie in to previous versions and are thus somewhat familiar to fans.

mr_pikachu
1st September 2006, 10:29 PM
Pory makes a good point. Also, don't forget that those 7 were part of the smallest generation update so far - only 100 Pokemon - so they constituted 7% of the new Pokemon for GSC. I highly doubt DP will be that low, so the "baby" Pokemon shouldn't take up too many of the spots for the stronger, less "cute" Pokemon. That's why I think DP will still end up being better, even if it happens to end up with more than seven "babies."

Zak
2nd September 2006, 02:18 AM
How would it evolve by happiness twice? Once it's at max happiness, it'll still be at that when it evolves.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd September 2006, 07:20 AM
Ok, ive just seen them for the first time and i want to kick that mini chansey thingy already. Not to mention it looks like someones beaten me to it to throttle that cat thing.

Chris 2.1
2nd September 2006, 10:16 AM
There's still much debate on whether Koroboshi is even a pre-evo. The way its made it looks gentlemanly and I wonder if both Volbeat and Illumise have an evolution.

In either case, I think one of the better ways of advertising is showing us the pre-evos or evolutions. Simply because we already know about the current species, but branching it out (for better or for worse) gets our interest slightly. Already we're wondering how it evolves.

We have Elecable, Rosureido and Weavile, too; people are really keen to see how these Pokemon evolve, and also what new attacks/stats/traits they have. For Nintendo its probably easier showing us the pre-evos first because they're not as ground breaking as new species. If that makes sense.

Either way it *is* ridiculous. That new cat thing looks spasticated. It doesnt look like sugimori art.

DarkestLight
2nd September 2006, 01:34 PM
How would it evolve by happiness twice? Once it's at max happiness, it'll still be at that when it evolves.

This is true, but since Chansey evolves into Blissey via happiness, that means I need to level up that..miniomletteinthemaking...to 30 or something...unless they decide to show that Chansey is a pokemon that is merely affected by Happiness...which has been the main thing in the games, since its a PAIN...

Then again, I never see any Chanseys under lvl 30 ....

Poryhedron
2nd September 2006, 02:50 PM
Then again, I never see any Chanseys under lvl 30 ....
You haven't looked.
In RB, Chansey is found in the Safari Zone at level 23 (in the Center Area) or level 26 (in Area 2). It's also found in the Unknown Dungeon at levels over 50.
In Yellow, Chansey is found in the Safari Zone at level 7 (in the Center Area) or level 21 (in Area 2).
In GSC, Chansey is found in Routes 12 through 15 at level 25.
In Fire/Leaf, Chansey is found in the Safari Zone at level 23 (in the Center Area) or level 26 (in Area 2).

Elec Man EXE
4th September 2006, 10:57 AM
Stupid ugly pink blobs, now complete with a baby ugly pink blob.

I really don't care for the huge influx of babies either, personally. I don't even think they look that "cute" for the most part.

But Chris might be on to something, for familiarity and whatnot, I suppose. But even if that is true... D/P already have more babies than R/S generation did, and that was a fairly large generation. For this new gen to have so many to babies... ugh, its not shaping up to be the best gen from what I've seen.

My main against babies, is that the whole "cute" thing is absolute crap. Why do we need baby pokemon in order to have the "cutesy" types? Why not just make new pokemon that are cute. I mean, is the Electric Squirrel thing not somewhat cute? Why not make more pokemon like that, new pokemon that happen to be cute, rather than a bunch if babies.

DarkestLight
6th September 2006, 04:36 PM
You haven't looked.
In RB, Chansey is found in the Safari Zone at level 23 (in the Center Area) or level 26 (in Area 2). It's also found in the Unknown Dungeon at levels over 50.
In Yellow, Chansey is found in the Safari Zone at level 7 (in the Center Area) or level 21 (in Area 2).
In Fire/Leaf, Chansey is found in the Safari Zone at level 23 (in the Center Area) or level 26 (in Area 2).

o.O I never played Yellow that far, and Yellow just threw my theory out the window, as well as the existance of this egg thing. Will it need an item in order to produce this little thing? I was gonna say it could evolve at lvl 20-30 and then deal with the happy factor. Aw well. Speculation will be over in a little less than a month.

Magmar
1st October 2006, 11:15 AM
Maybe Chansey's egg is that Pokemon.

TKnHappyNess
1st October 2006, 09:26 PM
You haven't looked.

Don't forget any offspring Chansey in G/S/C/R/S/E/FR/LG.

Darien Shields
18th October 2006, 07:11 PM
I have a theory as to the addition of several prevos into the game. Oh, also, I know at least one more- Subomi, the Rozelia prevo' (she's a little sweetie).

I think the whole thing sort of reflects the mentality that a player like me has; I like pokémon that Evolve. I didn't train a Rozelia in Ruby and Sapphire, because they didn't look that great, and hey, they don't evolve. This time round I nabbed a Subomi and it's been in my lineup ever since, currently as a Rozelia (but I'll probably Light Stone it soon). I didn't train an Electabuz in the past, but now I really want one because it's got that really cool new Evo'.

So in short, I am weak for three-chain-evolution pokémon. My teams are almost entirely made out of them. I don't care if one of the new evolutions is behind instead of in front, I think it's still cool.

Also, by making a prevo like Subomi, they can make the pokémon available earlier in the game, so you can pick it up near the start and scale it up with the rest of your team.

I like the addition of some Baby pokémon for new pokémon, if you see what I mean. i.e. Lucario's prevo, Riore (Liore?), which I'm pretty sure is a happiness based eggmon.

So, yeah, that's my opinion.

Also: Tamanta is adorable.

Pokemaster Ash
18th October 2006, 10:40 PM
You want adorable? You should see Leafia and Glacia (I wonder what they'll be called when they're -eon'd).

And I guess there is a point to this. Pokémon that evolve can potentially go from being very weak to begin with to quite strong upon their evolution. Pokémon that don't evolve don't have this minor luxury, but not all of them suffer for it. I quite regularly use Articuno (the best Dragonslayer around, in my opinion). Obviously it doesn't evolve, and nothing evolves into it, but it is powerful. Of course, it's also Legendary, but that's beside the point.

We all have our favorite styles, our favorite strategies, our favorite Pokémon. It's not what's available, but how we use it.