PDA

View Full Version : HiaGT vs Blademaster, ref: Tsuki Megami

Hyperness is a Good Thing
2nd September 2006, 04:45 AM
Heya, I need a quick battle, a two on two, one out at a time, requesting that both the ref and opponent post fast =)
To make it easier for the ref, my arena is my standard, open grassy plain, large lake in middle, the plains have rocks for rock throw and whatever. Starting weather is sunny.

Banned moves: Toxic, Substitute and that's it!
DQ time: 4 days
I'll send first and you attack first.
Thankee-sai!

I'll be using Tamaryn, my Jolteon, as my first Pokemon

Blademaster
2nd September 2006, 04:59 AM
(sighs)

My savior! I'm bored to death; I need a battle that'll move fast!

...That is, if you wanna battle me. :lookout:

2nd September 2006, 09:49 AM
yay a battler! now we need a ref. hmmm

Blademaster
2nd September 2006, 10:56 AM
Heh, cool. I'll take that as a yes. :D

Plain

Now, this guy's been sitting on the sidelines for long enough - it's time for it to take the center stage!

I choose you, Roswell!

(hurls Pokeball; a bluish metal disk with two sharp claws and glowing red eyes appears)

"METANG!"

Roswell, let's show her what we can do! Start off with Iron Defense to boost your Defense for later, and then use Shadow Ball. End with a 450-pound metal Body Slam!

Move: Iron Defense - Shadow Ball - Body Slam

Tsuki Megami
2nd September 2006, 11:13 AM
[color=pink][font=kartika][size=12pt]I will ref this if neither of you object...

2nd September 2006, 11:26 AM
Yay Tsuki! Thank you!
(I don't know if dig'll take up one move or two. If two, then disregard the surprise attack part)

Down to business Tamaryn, begin with a hard hitting Zap Cannon, take your time with it to make sure you aim it properly to deal maximised muscle damage- he shouldn't be a problem since he'll be busy Iron Defensing himself. Try a sandattack to destroy his accuracy - now though he's well armoured, he'll be slow and blind. Take advantage of that by digging underground, stay there, if there's an opportunity to launch a surprise attack, take it.

Zap cannon ~ Sand Attack ~ Dig

Tsuki Megami
2nd September 2006, 08:42 PM
[center][font=kartika][color=pink]Hyperness is a Good Thing vs. Blademaster
[size=12pt]
[color=pink]
[HP] | [Energy]

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/regular/375.png
-
Roswell
100 | 100
Iron Defense – Shadow Ball – (450 lbs) Body Slam

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/regular/135.png

Tamaryn
100 | 100
Zap Cannon – Sand Attack – Dig

Chapter One
The Meeting

A confident (some would call him cocky) male trainer wearing a typical black t-shirt and blue jeans, steps up to his opponent. A young woman dressed in an elegant silvery white kimono, she smiles at her adversary, and does a small bow in show of acceptance.

With a small snapping of the fingers, a rather spiky yellow dog bounds out from behind her. Electricity sparks from its quivering with anticipation body. To counter-act this, Blademaster throws a pokeball forward, revealing a large blue open which hovers silently before letting out a low hum in readiness.

“Iron defense!”Blade calls, watching his Pokemon shimmer in resolve as what seems like another layer of metal overtops the old.

The woman says nothing; instead, she glances at her Jolteon and nods ever so slightly.

“Jolt!” It cries the sparking from its body increases dramatically as suddenly a large ‘spark ball’ fires from its body, weaving back and forth, but is ultimate drawn to the metal framed Pokemon.

A low hum shows Roswell’s dislike for the attack, as static sparks from his arms. But he defeats this hated paralysis by using a ranged move! He begins to charge dark ball of negative energy and hatred, born from only the darkest of places. Tamaryn is quick to react, kicking up a lot of sand towards the peeved steamroller.

Unfortnately, the ball blocks out Metangs eyes, and it flies across the field; rapidly decay the small amount of grass it hovers near for a split second before making contact and exploding in Tamaryns face!

It seems that having an extra layer of metal does not slow his ability to summon up certain attacks…

“Good work! Now use a 450 pound Body Slam!”

A slightly higher ranged hum emits from the steel Pokemon, as it looks for Tamaryn…

She’s gone?

A small smirk on Hyper’s face grows into a full blown grin as from directly beneath the hovering toaster the spiky pup erupts from the ground, using its superior agility to slam into Roswell’s… Belly? Before twisting so all four paws hit the ground and allowed him to scamper away.

Though paralyzed, Roswell manages to knick Tamaryn in the side with a slightly weaker body slam. But hit her none the less.

-
Roswell
87 | 90
Paralyzed (34% Chance of Muscle Failure)
Iron Defense ( +2 to Defense)

Tamaryn
93 | 89

I hope that will suffice, feeling down at the moment, little to no inspiration.

frylock
2nd September 2006, 08:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Metang has a mouth on the bottom of it's body. Just a random comment from a spectator.

3rd September 2006, 01:15 AM
o.O really? *blurs*
I leave it to the reliable ref to decide =)

Tamaryn, continue using Dig to attack the Metang, just hide underground and use surprise attacks, then return underground immediately. However, if he attempts to use Earthquake or anything that will cause your tunnel to cave in or nonsense like that, jump out, perform a Flash, if you have any more moves, a Rain Dance.

Dig X3
Subs: Flash - Rain Dance

Blademaster
3rd September 2006, 03:04 AM
Plain

Roswell, use Psychic to pull that Jolteon on the ground and slam her against the dirt, and then if she uses Rain Dance, counter with Sunny Day.

Move: Psychic, Psychic, Psychic
Sub: ----------, -------, Sunny Day

Tsuki Megami
3rd September 2006, 06:47 PM
[size=12pt]
[color=pink]

-
Roswell
87 | 90
Psychic -- Psychic -- Psychic

Tamaryn
93 | 89
Dig -- Dig -- Dig

Chapter Two
Grabbing Something You can’t see…

With a rather repetitive strategy in mind, Tamaryn and her trainer prepare for this round. The Spiky dog quickly digs a deep hole into a ground and then falls to be visible anymore. And as fate would have it, Blade commands his Metang to psychic grab onto the electric frazz ball on four legs and pull it up out of the ground.

Now what could go wrong with this strategy? Oh yes, the little fact of ‘seeing is destroying’: it seems that Roswell can’t see Tamaryn, nor can it ‘sense’ the Joltz presence through solid ground.
But as Tamaryn nears the surface, it seems that Roswell picks up a small vibe of its enemy, and as its eyes glow a defiant deeeeeeep purple, the ground ripples and quakes (and shakes but who cares right?) and up comes Tamaryn!

Or so we thought!

In Roswell’s mighty mental grasp is a Jolteon sized rock, completely dumbfounded, the oversized oven doesn’t hear its trainer’s rants and insults to his Pokemon and the spiky ball that leaps out from the same hole that the rock came from, and smashes into Roswell’s poor glowing eye.
In pure spite, Roswell whirls the rock around and slams it into Tamaryn who is trying to make a quick get away.
Tamaryn growls in annoyance, but the dog that got to close to a electrical socket buries into the ground again… Beginning this strategy again.

But because of having already sensed Jolteon once before (yes that was Tamaryn it sensed), Roswell has an idea of what to look for. As the spiky pup comes up to the surface, she suddenly gets a bit of a ‘boost’ when Roswell rips her out of the ground and tosses her away. A yelp emits form her mouth, but defiantly, she burrows again.

Roswell would be smirking right now, but instead floats… Rather aimlessly as it seems Tamaryn is smart, she has burrowed deeper, and faster. Giving her the edge until she has to come up.

“HA!” Blade smiles, as Roswell’s eyes glow once again, and Tamaryn is ripped horribly from the ground…

DUUUUUNG

Poor spiky puppy! Roswell tore the dog from her hole and ‘threw’ her into his belly, some of the spikes dent Roswell’s hide, before he groans in a monotone ‘voice’ and wobbles a bit. It seems slamming the Jolteon into its underside wasn’t the grandest of plans, it dealt good damage, but he also help Tamaryn in her quest to do damage.

-
Roswell
79 | 78

Tamaryn
83 | 80

… It has no mouth to me… Humming has always been better, and sorry for the sarcastic reffing. Baaaaad day… *plans the death of a lot of doctors*

Blademaster
3rd September 2006, 07:09 PM
Plain

Roswell, slow down that Jolteon with a Scary Face, and then hit her with a Sludge Bomb. Finish up with Meteor Mash.

If she tries her Digging strategy again, use Pursuit instead.

Move: Scary Face, Sludge Bomb, Meteor Mash
Sub: Pursuit (as needed)

3rd September 2006, 11:31 PM
lols at the reffing. ^_^

Tamaryn, just produce a nice bright generalised flash with your eyes closed- not only will it blind your opponent, you won't see his scary face, and then how can you be intimidated? His next two attacks require eyesight, with luck he'll have trouble locating you. Move some distance away and perform a Rain Dance, it'll be harder for him to hit you once you're further off. Then, finally, hit him with a storm assisted Thunder.

Flash ~ Rain Dance ~ Thunder

Tsuki Megami
4th September 2006, 10:32 AM
[size=12pt]
[color=pink]

-
Roswell
79 | 78
Scary Face – Sludge Bomb – Meteor Mash

Tamaryn
83 | 80
Flash -- Rain Dance -- Thunder

Chapter Three
The ref was in a good mood?

With round three beginning, both Pokemon have very different strategies, but that is expected to come from very different trainers.
Roswell begins the round with pulling the most terrifying face he can muster, but his plan falters as Tamaryn closes her eyes and begins to glow brighter and brighter. Before the light successfully blinds the Metang, who attempts to rub his eyes with his arms to try and shake the odd colors and lights that are filtering into his retinas.

Happy with how that turned out, Tamaryn scurries farther away, before skilfully pivoting on one paw to swing around and face her opponent. Who, despite the blindness, is attempting to see the Jolteon. The puppy chuckles lightly before doing a rather elegant dance on Pokemon standards, storm clouds gather over head, and thunder booms across the sky was lightning is the only thing keeping any sort of light around here.
Angered, but slightly helped by the darkness; as there is no more overwhelming light other then a couple of flashes from lightning. Roswell spews a nasty glop of sludge towards what he thinks is Tamaryn. Close, but not close enough, the sludge splats onto a rock that’s a few feet from the dog.

A nod from Hyper concludes this round, as the electric puppy sparks, not as much as before, but still a considerable amount. Though this plan as a side effect, the random sparking as gained Roswell’s attention, knowing that whatever is happening over there is not natural.
A low hum emits from the steel type as it raises its fists, which gleam and suddenly become bulkier and heavier. In a all out rage that’s not hindered by the paralysis, the Metang charges.
Tamaryn keeps her mind focused on the task at hand, though she would be ashamed if she ran her ass off down the plains… An angry Metang isn’t very nice. But none the less, she lets the thunder lose, which flies right at the Pokemon that doubles for a lightning rod…

Roswell ignores the bright flash that causes a horribly jolt and pain through his body, and swings his fists. A loud yelp confirms a direct hit, and the poor puppy is sent flying about 7 feet before regaining herself and preparing for the next round.

-
Roswell
73 | 69
Paralyzed (43% Chance of Muscle Failure)
Blinded

Tamaryn
79 | 71

5th September 2006, 11:07 AM
Tamaryn, your opponent's half blinded and has a decent chance of paralysis. Blind him further with another Mud Slap, after that, try a Thunderbolt, and then a Shock Wave. If he tries to get too close , Roar loudly to keep him back.

Mud Slap | Thunderbolt/Roar | Shock Wave/Roar

Blademaster
5th September 2006, 11:38 AM
Plain

Poor Roswell... You're immobilized, in pain, and you can't see...

Let's fix that - use Rest.

Then, use Snore as loud as you can; hopefully between the noise and Tamaryn's Thunderbolt, you'll wake up.

If you wake up, use Earthquake; if you're still asleep, use Sleep Talk.

Move: Rest, Snore, Earthquake
Sub: -------, ------, Sleep Talk

Blademaster
16th September 2006, 10:52 PM
See bump.

See bump bump.

Bump, bump, bump!

Tsuki Megami
17th September 2006, 01:09 PM
[size=12pt]
[color=pink]

-
Roswell
73 | 69
Paralyzed (43% Chance of Muscle Failure)
Blinded
Rest – Snore – Earthquake

Tamaryn
79 | 71
Mud Slap – Thunderbolt – Shockwave

Chapter Four
*Hates Doctors*

Tamaryn goes first, having superior speed over the Metang, she shoots a blob of dirt right at Roswell, nailing it again in the eyes, but it doesn’t matter, the steel Pokemon stops hovering, and his usual glowing eyes dull into blackness. The Jolteon is caught rather off guard, is that Pokemon sleeping?

Her question is answered abruptly when the steel Pokemon ‘snores’ which sounds like the horrid fingernails on a blackboard routine. The pup falters, but then releases a thunderbolt that strikes the lightning rod.

Roswell stirs in its sleep, but refuses to wake up, Blademaster frowns, but at least he had a back up plan. Hyper however, is smiling slightly, as Jolty sparks before a wave of electricity zooms across the field and strikes the snoozing poke. Who again, refuses to enter the world of the living…

Or…

Roswell levitates for a second, even in his dreamy state he has memorized how to use a certain attack, he then slams onto the ground again with a thud, off in dream land.

-
Roswell
72 | 68
Sleep – Dead to the World
Blinded
Mimic- Can use Shockwave
Rest – +10 HP & +5 Energy Each Turn

Tamaryn
75 | 64

Sorry if something seems off, I just got back from the doctors and my head is a bit.. Out there…

Blademaster
17th September 2006, 01:42 PM
Snore, Sleep Talk, Sleep Talk.

If you wake up, use Earthquake, Psychic, and Body Slam. Close your eyes if she uses Flash, and use Agility to dodge Zap Cannon and Thunder Wave.

Move (if Asleep): Snore, Sleep Talk, Sleep Talk
Move (if awake): Earthquake, Psychic, Body Slam

18th September 2006, 03:27 AM
If he remains asleep for three turns:
Thunder X3, let's try paralyse him

If he remains asleep for two turns:
ThunderX2 then Mimic if he starts off with Earthquake, or if he uses Body Slam, then just Thunderbolt him.
(cos I'm not sure which move Metang will start with when he wakes up)

If he sleeps only one turn:
Thunder ~ Mimic(earthquake) or Thunderbolt(Psychic/Body Slam) ~ Earthquake(if Tamaryn managed to mimic it) or Thunderbolt if she didn;t

If he wakes up at the beginning of the round:
Mimic Earthquake ~ Sic it back at him two turns!(earthquake X2)

Blademaster
29th September 2006, 08:25 PM
Hyperness, all my battles are pretty much at a standstill; this one seems to have made the least progress.

So, I'm out. Sorry, but I've been playing the waiting game for weeks, and I don't want to anymore. Sorry again.