PDA

View Full Version : September Contest! Final Up!

RaZoR LeAf
5th September 2006, 01:54 PM
September Contest

Welcome to the September Contest, a special contest that is being held alongside the Grand Festival. What makes this contest special is the fact that anyone who qualified to take part in the GF, ie anyone with a ribbon, cannot take part in this September contest, meaning it is open only to people who have never won a contest before. It is also my first role as a judge.

This will be a small contest, over the course of 3 rounds, losing two people each in the first two.

Contest Stage One
Six Co-ordinators
|
V
Contest Stage Two
Four Co-ordinators
|
V
Battle Stage One
Two Battlers

The contest takes place outside, on a grand Amphitheatre usually reserved for orchestras and opera singers. It is the epitome of classy and sophisticated, so don't show me up! I paid a lot to rent this place for the month! Yes, you at the back chewing gum! Get out of here!

The contest begins at sunset. A red glow is cast out across the skies, and there is a warmth in the air as the sun falls below to horizon. There is enough light to see clearly. A gentle melody plays in the background. Weather attacks are not permitted. The audience don't have any shelter, and would not be pleased by rainfall, hail or a sandstorm, and it's too late to be looking for a Sunny Day.

The same pokemon will be used for each stage of the contest, so choose wisely. Remember, that if successful, it will be battling for the September Ribbon in the final round. So, let the contest begin! Please post your first appeal as you sign up with your pokemon.

Ace64
5th September 2006, 03:10 PM
Ok, I'm using Tempest, my (F) Rapidash.

Let's make a good start, Tempest. Try Chariot of Fire(Agility+Ember) to show off your blazing speed- run in a circle, and release a stream of flame along the earth, so that it seems your tracks are on fire. When the circle is complete, head to the middle of the circle and use the collected flame in a Fire Spin surrounding you.

Agility+Ember~Fire Spin

Charles Legend
5th September 2006, 03:45 PM
I well sign up Dan with my female Hoppip Arya

Arya as you come out of your Pokéball release a stun spore, then use confusion to shape the stun spore in the shape of a piggy bank then fire a payday in to it…

~Charles Legend

Dragonis
5th September 2006, 05:23 PM
Alright I'll try my luck at this. I'll send out my shiny new female Gyarados, Rouge.

Rouge start off by combining Twister and Flamethrower to make a raging tornado of fire. After letting the tornado rage for a minute, put the fire out with Hydro Pump.

~Twister+Flamethrower~Hydro Pump~

Saffire Persian
5th September 2006, 05:48 PM
I'll send out my Absol, Pollux, to participate.

Well, this is a singing stage, so lets use it. Everyone knows at least a little about the Absol legend, so lets try and make it come to life. First, walk slowly but surely onto the stage. Keep the pace slow and deliberate - and use Future Sight so that your eyes start to glow and make the audience edgy as you come on stage, while you sing an entrancing Perish Song to weave a tale of sorrow and despair. You are the "bringer of disaster" after all.

Slowly summon forth your future sight now, and as you control it, make the ball of energy fall from the open sunset sky like a meteor that comes towards you an the audience. However, you are to make the energy orb come to land a few feet behind you, so it can break against the stage (it doesn't need to be powerful) but just enough that it breaks as harmlessly on the stage, and sends the area behind you awash with the light and energy from the Psychic attack as it the attack hits and dissapates, while you then use Magic Coat around yourself so you can reflect the colors of the attack as they splash across the stage and end your song.

Pollux (Absol, Male): Future Sight + Perish Song ~ Magic Coat

Blademaster
5th September 2006, 05:54 PM
I wanna reserve a spot for my Metang, Roswell; I'll be back in a little while with an appeal.

EDIT: OK, Metang, let's give them an appeal that's out of this world!

Start off by levitating as high above the stage as you can get - at least 100 feet would be good. Then, when you're good and high (lol), and probably nearly out of sight, use Flash to fill the sky with mysterious lights...

Then, use Meteor Mash and plummet back down to Earth like a UFO, and crash somewhere beyond the amphitheatre. Live up to your name and species!

Move: Levitate, Flash, Meteor Mash

(Hey, that rhymes! :D)

-Blade

Andrew
5th September 2006, 11:06 PM
Ok, let's go with Alakazam! My new delightful friend I've yet to use. He's called Kenny Craig (From Little Britain)

I want you to use a shockwave! Then, use a Psychic to manipulate the electricity into a Star Shape and finally use a a Zap Cannon to draw the Electricity away and off into the sunset!

Ultimate Charizard
6th September 2006, 01:16 AM
Oh you have got to be freaking kidding me.
Ive been waiting for a bloody tournament for ages then when i hear one is about to start soon i check the forums every day just incase and on the first night i have to go out you bloody Start it.

6 SPACES!!!!! ffs

Chris 2.1
6th September 2006, 08:47 AM
And they say doctors have it tough.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th September 2006, 02:45 PM
Big dissapointment. :(

Chris 2.1
19th September 2006, 02:00 PM
Since dan is....banned, I'm doing this one. It'll be up shortly.

Chris 2.1
19th September 2006, 02:40 PM
The September 2006 Contest!

The ASB Community was flourishing. The Grand Festival was underway, and the annual Tournament was reaching its climax. Meanwhile, the initial stages of The Tiny Tourney were gone, and the action was upping a notch.

The contest takes place outside, on a grand Amphitheatre usually reserved for orchestras and opera singers. It is the epitome of classy and sophisticated.

The contest begins at sunset. A red glow is cast out across the skies, and there is a warmth in the air as the sun falls below to horizon. There is enough light to see clearly. A gentle melody plays in the background. Weather attacks are not permitted. The audience doesn’t have any shelter, and would not be pleased by rainfall, hail or a sandstorm, and it's too late to be looking for a Sunny Day.

Appeal Stage 1

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
Agility+Ember~Fire Spin

The audience gasped in wonderment as a large, fair horse emerged, a long horn on her head. Flames swathed her mane and she gave a neigh, rearing on her hind legs. Ace issued the commands. The Rapidash furiously raced across the arena, displaying incredible speed; soon, embers darted from Rapidash’s mouth like pellets of gunfire; they left a blazing trail of flame in her wake, and she swept around the arena, doing two more laps. The flames licked the air as the entire trail of flames were conjured and summoned up by Tempest; she was in the center as they drew towards her, almost magnetic. The audience watched as the coat of flames engulfed the horse, illuminating her large frame.

Score: 8.1
A really nice start. You chose a suitable element for the conditions, and altogether it was a really nice use of light. The blazing circle sweeping up towards Rapidash was really good. You also displayed natural attributes of your Pokemon.

Charles Legend – Hoppip [F]
Stun Spore – Confusion – Pay Day

Into the arena next were Hoppip and her trainer, Charles. The two had been in previous contests before, so experience was already on Charles’ side. Charles began his appeal. Hoppip jumped into the air, spraying a bright yellow powder around her. The audience watched it keenly, wondering what would be made of it. The Hoppip’s small, beady eyes flickered a magnificent blue, and the spores were groped and shifted by mental prowess. A large, yellow pig was formed, the darker spores making the eyes and nostrils, as well as the money slot. Charles clicked his fingers, smirking; Arya span furiously, as thick yellow coins popped out of her like she was a cash machine. The coins floated gently, arching through the air and sliding within the mass of spores. They did, however, fall through, as the pig was not solid; either way, their rattling chime as they hit the ground, passing through the pig was rather satisfying.

Score: 7.8
Again, an inventive appeal. It was pretty clever. Marks were deducted because it didn’t show off a particular trait of the Pokemon; despite that, it was inventive, quirky and I’ll remember it for a long time to come.

Dragonis – Gyarados [F]
Twister + Flamethrower – Hydro Pump

A relatively new member of the boards, Dragonis was ready to prove his ability (or lack of) at contests. Releasing a large Gyarados, who seemed to scare the crowd slightly, he began his appeal. A large wind picked up; energy snaked around the arena, gathering dust and debris; soon, a whirling tornado of energy was forming, and one woman on the front row felt her hat sweep from her head and join the appeal. Flames spouted from the beast’s mouth, and now a whirring, flaming mass of energy bore itself to the crowd, who were rather impressed. Sensing the attack growing, Dragonis ordered his final attack, and Gyarados, nicknamed Rouge, sprayed a foaming jet of water, striking the flames and cooling everything down.

Score: 7.7
Pretty good. Twister and Flamethrower didn’t need to be done together; if you had ordered twister -> flamethrower -> hydro pump we would have had a bit more structure; there would have been a beginning, a middle and an end. The results, however, would not be dissimilar to these. Kudos, it was a nice appeal, showing Gyarados’ attack capabilities and dragon-like powers.

Saffire Persian – Absol [M]
Future Sight – Perish Song – Magic Coat

As SP walked onto the stage, a multitude of fans waved various banners around, cheering her on. She looked comfortable and calm; her Absol, Pollux, was by her side. She stood still, and her Pokemon stalked forwards, walking across the stage. There was silence. The very din of the silence fell upon the audience as the firm, cold creature walked. His eyes suddenly glowed a mysterious void of colour; people crept further out of their seats to watch the display as a reverberating, chilling melody was sang. It was painful…but oddly beautiful. Absol’s melody rang across the amphitheatre as a ball of energy was summoned from the sun itself. Darts of energy hurtled through the air, forming into an orb of concentrated force. They headed to the arena, and as they exploded upon the ground, just behind Pollux, a wave of sparkling, radiant energy washed over the stage and the crowd. Pollux, shining an odd colour, reflected the light, and beams of pure colours burst from the magic coat, dazzling the crowd.

Score: 9.1
Wow. I was really impressed. It was a very different type of appeal; suspenseful, and it worked very well, I must say. That image of an Absol stalking across a stage in silence, before his eyes flicker eerily and a melody escapes his mouth…I really enjoyed it.

Blademaster – Metang [ / ]
Levitate – Flash – Meteor Mash

Blademaster’s Metang, Roswell, gave a bleep before rising up into the air. The audience, similarly drawn in as they were with Absol’s appeal, watched as he rose higher and higher. When he was merely a dot in the sky, a bright flash illuminated the red sky that evening. A white light, filling the sky, and suddenly a sweeping noise could be heard. Fists out, Roswell smashed down into the earth, plummeting into the ground and giving a firm grunt.

Score: 7.4
A nice appeal; the theme was cool, and it was structured really well. I liked how Roswell disappeared…I was reminded for some reason off that split-second tension before you plummet on a roller coaster – the flash was nice, too, and accompanied the setting well. The Meteor Mash was cool, too….but Roswell just kind of…crashed into the earth. Anything less…metal might have been seriously hurt. A very interesting appeal though.

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
Shock Wave – Psychic – Zap Cannon

Andrew. Andrew. Bitter would be a good word. The Judge of the Grand Festival, he has ruined many peoples dreams, just as his very own have been ruined (or thwarted). His Alakazam was impressive; it generated a series of sparks which fizzed and crackled as they exploded around him. Psychic powers coming into effect, he grouped them into a large, crackling star shape above him. Eyes glowing, the sparks all slowly arched from their position above Kenny to circling around him; once the sparks were encircling him, they merged into a blueish orb of sparks and bolted up into the air, exploding like fireworks.

Score: 9.3
Very nice. Like Ace’s appeal, the element was really effective with the setting. I liked how the attacks worked together, and it was a really good appeal. Alakazam is a good Pokemon!

RESULTS

Andrew: 9.3
Saffire Persian: 9.1
Ace64: 8.1
Charles: 7.8
Dragonis: 7.7
Blademaster: 7.4

I’m very sorry to say that Dragonis and Blademaster are eliminated from Round 1! The next four, in any order, post your next appeal with the same Pokemon.

Andrew
19th September 2006, 11:07 PM
Ok Alakazam! Kenny Craig!

I want you to charge up a large Shadow Ball and fire it up! Not too far! Then, fire off a Psybeam to disrupt and make the Shadow Ball explode! As it's all wonderfully pink and purple explosions and shit! Use Recover to bathe yourself in a pretty pretty light!

Charles Legend
20th September 2006, 09:26 PM
*scratches his head*Let's see here... :idea: Arya start with cotton spore then forming it in to several rings with confusion then fly threw them with Aerial Ace...

~Charles Legend

Saffire Persian
20th September 2006, 10:21 PM
Okay Pollux, we've done singing, so let's try dance. Lets hope we can get he place to play One Winged Angel for us to accompany your dance n' give it some rhythm. :p Anyways...

Though you'll be combining these moves, they'll still have structure if we work this out right. First, go to the center of the stage, and if there's music playing (hopefully a rather more upbeat tune if any as we don't want a quiet beat) get a feel for it and its rhythm, if there's not any music and the like, you'll just have to form your own beat. Anyway, start with a Swords Dance to surround yourself in an array of ghostly swords while you begin to dance - let Sword's Dance's natural rhythm help you to create a dance of your own as you move to the music (or lack thereof). Think "Absol Warrior Dance). Not to mention, Swords Dance should up your concentration, and make it easier to preform this task.

As you dance with the ghostly swords around you, add some spice and originality of the dance by channeling electricity from Shockwave to your four paws and keep it concentrated there, so when you make a new step in your dance, sparks of electricity spark all around as you hold in the electricity in reign (don't release it all the Shockwave, yet, hold it for later, just keep it under control for now - the Swords Dance should help you.)

As you do all this, slowly split into different mirror images with Double Team as you continue to dance (4-5 clones,whichever's easiest) so they surround you in a circle, mimicking you exactly. Keep on dancing, and as the music (or lack thereof, you might just be forming your own beat) reaches the final crescendo, have you and your clones jump up, and hit the floor on the triumphant downbeat and as your paws hit the floor ( Remember how I told you to hold in that Shockwave? ) finally release that Shockwave sending many little streams of electricity jetting outwards (clones mimicking you) so that the Shockwaves hit the clones and make them vanish in one triumphant, "electric" ending to the dance.

Lets see if we can pull this off:

Pollux (Absol, Male): Swords Dance + Shockwave + Double Team

Ace64
20th September 2006, 10:41 PM
Nice work, Tempest- you displayed your speed, now let's show off your firepower.

Rampage about the stage with Double Kick- get those hind legs up high. Try to end up in the middle of the stage. Next, Stomp+Overheat. Rear back on your hind legs as high as you can, then as you slam your hooves into the earth, use Overheat to create an aurora of flame around yourself which rises into the air! If you can, make the flames twist and gyrate- show the crowd how you gained your name of "Tempest."

Double Kick~Stomp+Overheat

Chris 2.1
21st September 2006, 12:45 PM
September Pokemon Contest

Appeal Stage 2

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
Shadow Ball – Psybeam – Recover

The Alakazam, named Kenny Craig, held himself ready, prepared for the next appeal. He charged up a ghostly orb in-between his hands; it swelled and swirled with ominous colours; a plum colour, an inky blue, a vicious purple. As it grew, Kenny launched it into the air; as it flew up; he crossed his spoons and blasted a rainbow beam of shimmering psychic energy. It caused an explosion; dark, moody hues burst forth like fireworks, streaking back down to the earth amid a flashing, glowing Alakazam in all colours of the rainbow.

Score: 8.6
Another really nice appeal. It had a shape, style and the use of colour was really nice. I deducted marks because it was quite similar to your last appeal, but at the same time differed in the colours (those sharp yellows against these rich purples created a different mood). Overall very good.

Charles Legend – Hoppip [F]
Cotton Spore – Confusion – Aerial Ace

Arya gave a little chirp as she span around. Large clumps of soft, luscious cotton spiraled around the air. A grassy smell wavered around. The Hoppip used her meager psychic abilities to gather the spores into three rings; then, using her agile speed, raced through them, up into the air.

Score: 7.0
Hmm. It was clever, and original. But it had very little ‘wow’ factor. I’ve said before that exploding fantastic colours aren’t a surefire way to success, but what they do is set a mood, an atmosphere and they generate more passion than others. Nevertheless the appeal worked; confusion had been used as a manipulation, so points were deducted, as this had been done in your last appeal.

Saffire Persian – Absol [M]
Swords Dance – Shock Wave – Double Team

Pollux the Absol stood firmly. Ghostly swords appeared, a dull, mottled green colour; each was large and intimidating; they began a spinning motion, whirling around and blurring Absol’s form. Amid the whirring, he was doing a dance, like a war chant. He did a few steps as he barked out his name. Suddenly, the swords spinning more, sparks of yellow energy flashed around the Absol’s feet; the volts stirred, jumping around the four paws and creating a golden shimmer amid the mottled green spin. Pollux then created some clones; only two more were possible, as so much concentration was going into other things. The two Absol copied Pollux when the shock wave was released through the ground; excited snakes of sparks webbed across the inner circle, depleting the clones. As the swords stopped spinning, the two clones disappeared, leaving Pollux standing firmly as sparks crackled into nonexistence.

Score: 7.5
I found the instructions rather complicated, but nevertheless it was quite interesting. Shape and colour was important here, but the appeal was lacking a specific something. I think honestly swords dance shielded Pollux, which meant Double Team wasn’t as asily visible. Although it was quite nice, and vastly different from your previous one.

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
Double Kick – Stomp + Overheat

Ace took the stage as the final coordinator of this round. Tempest materialized, and suddenly began bucking furiously. Almost like a flaming Buckaroo, the horse/unicorn covered all areas of the arena, frenzied; as she reached the center, Tempest reared onto her hind legs, she gave a long, frightful neigh; slamming her front feet into the earth and holding her head up to the sky. A fantastic beam of warm flame, contained in a white beam burst through the air, lighting the darkening sky like some flaming beacon.

Score: 7.7
A good example of ‘less is more’. As I said in a previous comment in the previous round, sometimes combining two moves is bad because your appeal is comprised of two actions (if that makes sense; there are two ‘phases’ to the appeal). Regardless, this appeal was very enjoyable. The characteristics of the Pokemon were evident, and the overheat, while not working as you asked, was bold, awe-inspiring and a joy to watch. Well done!

RESULTS

Andrew: 8.6
Charles: 7.0
Saffire Persian: 7.5
Ace64: 7.7

Therefore Andrew and Ace64 go on to the finals of the September Contest! It is a 5 round battle, with no banned moves, your same Pokemon to be used thank you! The coin flip tells me Andrew will attack first.

Charles Legend
21st September 2006, 10:14 PM
Blast, Arya return you useless dandelion! *walks away with his houndour rookie by his side, muttering next time Andrew.....*

~Charles Legend

Andrew
24th September 2006, 07:45 PM
Well she did used to be OzHoppy. lols...

Hoorah! Another contest to lose!

Ok start off with a Safeguard, then shockwave and finish off with a Psychic in Beam Form!

Ace64
25th September 2006, 08:29 AM
Goody, I get to fight you twice.

Fire Blast, then use Fire Spin to trap him and hide yourself from view. Finish with Flamethrower to make the heat even more uncomfortable.

Chris 2.1
26th September 2006, 01:28 PM

Battle Stage: Finals!
Round 1/5

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
100% | 100% Energy
Safeguard – Shock Wave – Psychic

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
100% | 100% Energy
Fire Blast – Fire Spin -- Flamethrower

BEGIN!

A familiar scenario, you might say. Ace64. Andrew. Me. Luckily, the Judge had much less to do this time around and proceeded to watch the match as Alf the Janitor swept up golden coins from the previous round.

Alakazam held his arms out; a silvery shield formed around him like a dome, sparkling as it reflected the lights from the hall. As this happened, Tempest kept her ground, summoning a hearty breath of flame; sweeping red fire flickered and erupted into Alakazam, dealing good damage.

Getting up, body feeling warm but certainly not burned, Alakazam generated sparks between his palms and unleashed a crackling web of electricity which spun as it crackled across, striking Tempest. She gave a cry; rearing onto her back legs she exhaled a long, snaking tongue of flame. It crept along the ground and whipped up into a frenzied cyclone, encasing Kenny the Alakazam and torching him from outside.

Rapidash watched intently as the flames licked her foe. Sufficient damage so far, she mused, but was rather astounded when the embers burst from the Alakazam’s exterior, disappearing into the air. Focusing hard, Alakazam projected a beam of hazy purple light, which hit Rapidash in the side and caused her much pain. Turning her head, she blasted a streaking mass of fire; struck a third time, Alakazam stumbled back but was still undeterred.

End of Round 1

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
77% | 81% Energy
Safeguard Active
Attack Second

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
87% | 79% Energy
Attack First

Ace64
26th September 2006, 04:43 PM
*shakes off deja-vu*

Earthquake to throw him off, then Iron Tail- aim for one of his spoon hands. Finish with a Flamethrower aimed at his other hand.

Earthquake~Iron Tail~Flamethrower

Chris 2.1
1st October 2006, 04:56 PM
Andrew?

Andrew
1st October 2006, 10:02 PM
Sorry, I've been sick again! BLEH.

Still, Alakazam! Use a confusion/psychic to levitate yourself above the ground enough to avoid the earthquake. Then, Teleport away when it's going to Iron Tail you and stay on it's back and Thunderpunch it to the eye.

Chris 2.1
2nd October 2006, 06:54 AM

[b]Battle Stage: Finals!
Round 2/5

Previously in 'September Contest'...

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
77% | 81% Energy
Safeguard Active
Psychic -- Teleport -- Thunderpunch

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
87% | 79% Energy
Earthquake -- Iron Tail -- Flamethrower

BEGIN!

Tempest gave a long roar, rearing onto her back legs. As her hooves slammed into the arena ground, ripples raced towards Alakazam, who began levitating and rose into the air, sticking his tongue out. Infuriated, Tempest charged, tail shimmering wildly; she swung it around, but the PSI Pokemon dissapeared in a flash. He tried re-appearing on her back, but to no avail.

Turning, Tempest saw Kenny summoning sparks into his fist. She breathed a stream of flame at him, which struck Alakazam hard, although thanks to his portable safeguard, a burn was not evident despite the power and heat of the flames. His fist socked Tempest in the face, causing sparks to jitter around the horse and cause irritation.

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
70% | 62% Energy
Safeguard Active
Attack First

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
81% | 67% Energy
Attack Second

Coming up in Part III....
-Anger
-Justice
-Hope
-OzAndrew

Andrew
2nd October 2006, 07:28 PM
Goddammit! Psychic Beam! Thunderwave and finish off with a shadow Ball.

Ace64
2nd October 2006, 09:17 PM
Apologies for the brutality.

Flamethrower- focus on a spoon arm. He can't use it if he can't hold it, right? Next, Agility to dodge and finish by Bouncing over his Shadow Ball if you can, to land right on top of him.

Chris 2.1
6th October 2006, 03:11 PM

Round 3/5

Previously in 'September Contest'...

"The baby is yours Ace"

"I don't care about the nightclub anymore! NOTHING MAKES SENSE TO ME!!!" - Andrew

*Explosion*

Charles Legend got a new haircut!?

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
70% | 62% Energy
Safeguard Active
Psychic (Beam) -- Thunderwave -- Shadow Ball

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
81% | 67% Energy
Flamethrower (Arm) -- Agility -- Bounce

BEGIN!

Kenny focused and projected a beam of psychic energy. It slammed into Tempest who staggered back. She opened wide, blasting a sweeping cone of curled flames. She managed to hurt Kenny's left arm; his wrist muscles ached slightly but he held the spoon with no problems. Luckily his safeguard helped against burns.

He concentrated and fired off a web of crackling energy all around him; Tempest zipped to the side, leaping and galloping feverently, evading the attack. Kenny grumbled. He charged up a shadow ball in his hands, firing it off at the horse, who leapt valiantly over it, slamming her hooves down into Kenny's face.

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
59% | 50% Energy
Safeguard Active
Attack Second

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
73% | 58% Energy
Attack First

Coming up in Part IV...
-Vengence
-Secrets
-Shingles
-Soup

Andrew
8th October 2006, 11:23 PM
So.... a psychic attack from a fully evolved Psychic type did... 5 damage.... :-|

Chris 2.1
9th October 2006, 06:12 AM
Haha don't be stupid, that would just be - *reads reffing*

Looks like I miscalculated. I'll sort that out.

And just so you know, evolved forms or type don't tribute to the power of an attack. We don't have STAB in ASB. As for evolution, the anime proved yaddah yaddah.

Fixing now.

Ace64
10th October 2006, 10:27 PM
lol. My baby, egads.*looks at psypokes* Ooh, you can learn Megahorn! That would be so useful now.

Tempest, keep up the good work. Bowl him over with Body Slam, then surround yourself in a Flame Wheel and run him down. Finish with Charm.

Body Slam~Flame Wheel~Charm

Andrew
16th October 2006, 01:14 AM
Ok! Use a Reflect for it to run directly into and slam into. Let's see how it enjoys that!

Then, use a Psychic to stop it from Slamming you with Flame Wheel with Psychic and finish off by getting a Psychic Beam. Hopefully you won't fall for it's charm, especially since it's been such a bitch to us!

Chris 2.1
16th October 2006, 07:45 AM

Round 4/5

Previously…

”Daddy I will not own the coal mine any more!”
“Lucybella!!!”

“You’re a father, Ace!”

“Andrew…I have some bad news. There are no egg salad sandwiches left…”
“No…NO!”

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
59% | 50% Energy
Safeguard Active
Reflect – Psychic – Psychic (Beam)

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
73% | 58% Energy
Body Slam – Flame Wheel – Charm

BEGIN!

Tempest charged across the arena, preparing to leap and unleash her weight upon Kenny. He managed to conjure up a thick, shimmering shield before Rapidash, however, and she slammed into it, taking some light damage and staggering backwards. Undeterred, Tempest let her flames rise up, ensnaring her body. As furied heat covered her, Tempest charged at Kenny. Amid the cloaking flames, he tried locating her, but it was difficult to distinguish her body from the flame shrouding her. He managed to locate her, gripping her tightly and slamming her into the ground. Her knees buckled and she hit the floor. The rebel flames wheeled on and slammed into Kenny.

Tempest, getting back up, began to use her charm on Kenny. While flattered, he wasn’t into the whole ‘let’s violate horses’ thing and, adding to the fact they had been brawling for some time, he just didn’t want to know. And what better way to reject her feelings than with a charged beam of psychic energy?

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
52% | 39% Energy
Safeguard Active
Reflect: UP
Attack First

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
59% | 52% Energy
Attack Second

Notes
-Body Slam requires a run-up. Attacking second, Kenny knew this and projected his reflect shield further away from him and therefore nearer Tempest so she would hit it before she vaulted up high

-Flame wheel doesn’t require the user to run with it. It’s a projection. Thus when Tempest runs with flame wheel I ref it as (a) a boost in power and (b) and higher concentration of flames, therefore higher chance of a burn. So when tempest was stopped, the flames kept on going.

-One round left!

Andrew
23rd October 2006, 10:03 PM
Christ. Okay! Kenny! we COULD win our first first first ribbon here! But we'll probably fail again.

Ok, Start off with a Shockwave then a Swift and finish off by using a Recover! As much as you can! Without fainting yourself that is.

Ace64
24th October 2006, 09:07 PM
Recover? You should be ashamed of yourself...

Tempest, last round, go all out! Fire Blast, Overheat, and Horn Drill while he's defenseless!

Andrew
28th October 2006, 03:28 AM
But! I'm not ashamed! I've never won! NEVER! *Sobs*

Blademaster
28th October 2006, 04:02 AM
(calls down from bleachers)

Hang on, Ozzy! It's not over yet!

(waves a pennant with a golden 'A' over a Pokeball on it)

Chris 2.1
29th October 2006, 01:46 PM

Round 5/5

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
52% | 39% Energy
Safeguard Active
Shock Wave – Swift -- Recover

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
59% | 52% Energy
Fire Blast – Overheat – Horn Drill

BEGIN

The last round was here. Having taken almost twice as long as it should have, everyone was keen to see the outcome of the contest. Old competitors watched enviously, some even making their own fake Ribbons. Alf the Janitor began on a packet of crisps as he watched backstage.

Crackling, Kenny Craig glowed a golden yellow as sparks coursed along his body. They bolted up and streaked along the arena, smashing into Tempest and giving her a jolt of white-hot, sporadic pain. Staggering back she was undeterred; she unleashed a flaming mass of heat, which curled into a Japanese symbol before smashing into Kenny furiously.

Neither foe was to bow down. Kenny pointed forward and unleashed a myriad of flashing gold stars that slashed and cut into Rapidash as they spun around fantastically. Eyes narrowing, Tempest’s flames began to burn brighter and rose higher. Body giving off an intense glow, white flames curled around her mouth and she blasted a fantastic beam of white and crimson flames through the air. They slammed into Kenny and threw him back; he slammed into the earth and gave an almighty roar of pain. The crowd gasped; some rose from their seats to get a better look. There were no holds barred.

As he regained his stance, Kenny was overcome with a white glow.

“He’s Evolving!” cried Blademaster. “Alakaying if it’s good…or Alakayang if it’s evil!”

He was slapped across the head by a neighboring fan. No, Kenny was not evolving; he was using his strength to heal. The glow, white and elusive, turned a rainbow shade of beauty, and he soon started to use his energy to restore health. As he did, Tempest charged; her horn grew and she galloped furiously. Head dipped low, her accuracy was deterred, although aided somewhat by the glow that she could just make out from her opponent.

A scarring blow was dealt. Kenny staggered back again and fell back. Tempest stopped abruptly as the timer ended.

Andrew – Alakazam [M]
37% | 16% Energy
Safeguard has faded
Runner-Up

VS

Ace64 – Rapidash [F]
46% | 28% Energy
Winner!

I therefore congratulate Ace64 as the winner of the September Contest! Ace you are now the proud owner of the September Ribbon, attached below, and also an additional 4 points. I also earn 4 points.

Andrew…I’m not quite sure if I can say anything that will stop you becoming a complete maniac…you did do very well though.

Blademaster
29th October 2006, 02:47 PM
Alakayin? Alakayang?

Pffffft... you think I'm an idiot? I know Alakazam doesn't evolve into either of those...

Alakazam evolves into Adaboombam. ;)

(sigh)

Well, Ozzy, you gave it your best... Better luck next time.

(runs before the bloodshed begins)

Ace64
29th October 2006, 09:36 PM
Hurrah, my first ribbon! Thanks to Chris for soap-opera style reffings. Errr...*avoids glare from Andrew* Nice battle, ol' chap. Er...better luck next month?

*flees on Rapidash*

Andrew
30th October 2006, 12:30 AM
Oh jesus christ.

Can't I win! Just once?! I've been in so many damn contest battles.... why do I keep losing?

*CrieS*

I'm so going to murder you all! :) Do I get anything for being 2nd?

Blademaster
30th October 2006, 12:44 AM
If you agree to not murder me, I'll buy you a lovely baby Heracross, a Pichu, and a Dratini. :D

Andrew
30th October 2006, 12:55 AM
Why the hell would I want those crap Pokemon? I already had a Heracross I jettisoned ASAP.

Blademaster
30th October 2006, 12:58 AM
Oh, golly-gee, really? I'm so sorry - I'll buy you an Eevee, a Bagon, and a Slowpoke instead. Would that make you feel better? ;)

Andrew
30th October 2006, 01:06 AM
That's it. I'm just going to ban you now.

Congrats to Ace... and thanks Chris.