PDA

View Full Version : Locked? And Deleted?

Asilynne
9th September 2006, 12:22 PM
Dont go and lock something in the RPG lounge Roy :P this is a free place. SO YEAH!
Anyway since you went and lock it before I could show you the error of your words, let me educate you ^-~

This will be like sesame street ok? First of all:

Roy: "The reason I brought it up, is becuase one of the main complaints back in march, was that JT and Gav did not post and did not help keep the forum active, thus continue to the slowness. My post was a reminder that unlike JT and Gav, Weasel and I are trying our best to keep things from getting slow. We do not take month long periods of inactivity, we work hard on keeping the forums going. Which I believe was what everyone agreed on in the past that mods should help do."

Ready? Lets count them. 1, 2! Two people! Very good! JT and Gav, they are TWO PEOPLE! Roy and Weasel, they are TWO PEOPLE! Your learning so well heres a sticker!
Now, in the real world two people cannot control a whole town. Sure, they can try, in RPGs case being active and doing a lot for the forum, but think of it from a towns point of view. The mayor is one person, and while it looks like he runs the town he doesnt do it alone. He is supported by his aides, secretaries, policeman, fireman, school boards etc. He is the mayor, but he cant do everything to run a town by himself. He has a network.
In RPG that network is everyone that roleplays here. Now what if all of the police and teachers and fireman of the town decided to stop doing their job. Would it be the mayors fault? No, he can only do so much by himself. Just like, is it Bushs fault that Katrina happened Roy? No, he was just the pres in charge. Is it his fault that aid wasnt sent quick enough? Despite popular belief no, it was the fault of the state and local gov for not giving FEMA permission to come and help. But because he is the president in charge he gets the blame. See how this works? Leaders always get the credit and the blame for everything that happens, when it is not all them. I hope Im keeping this simple enough for you.

Now, to reiterate since it went over your head last time.

Brandy: "And Roy Im ashamed of you. I would have thought youd be a big enough person to admit that slowness comes about not from what mod is in charge but the habits of the roleplayers themselves. As Ive said before, a mod doesnt make or break a forum in terms of activity, its just a natural cycle of any kind of place. So saying it was the mods of the past that contributed to the slowness is just absurd and also a little arrogent :P Behave yourself."

Rudy: "To say mods contribute to the slowness is absurd IMO. As far as I'm concerned if we had 50 active RPers on this forum then the mods only count for 6% of the active RPers.

In other words it doesn't matter who the mods are. The RP forum is only going to be as active as the other 94% of the members are. Granted you three could be online all day between closing topics, making RPG's coming up with new ideas, posting, ect but it's not gonna make much difference if the other members aren't doing anything is it?"

Sounds simple right? All of this could have been avoided if you pulled your head out of your defensive ass and took JTs comment with a grain of salt and handled it like a man.

Oh and as Kalah said this section of RPG is a free zone where no one needs permission to post anything, so locking things in here is a no no. Go face the corner for some much needed time out.

Oh and for the record, this wasnt about RPG politics, its about common sense, so stop bringing it up if you dont want any :P

No deleting either Roy, nows not the time for a power trip ^-~

Dark-San
9th September 2006, 12:30 PM
[b][size=3] I was the one who asked Roy to off the topic since the topic has the potential of becoming a flamy topic. Basically over Outlaw's incident, he had already pm me and explain the whole thing to me. I have already settled it with him so there isn't a need for this topic anymore.

Bulbasaur4
10th September 2006, 11:39 PM
[color=royalblue]
You can't delete topics because of 'fear of it becoming a flame war'. You only may delete it when it BECOMES a flame war, and if there is any question if it "is or isn't", then a second opinion (of a mod in the forum) should be asked.

I might also add... Roy, Weasel... anyone... if you have questions or need help, you guys can still email me. ^^;; I HAVE to check my school email... so for contact (until I can be on regularily)

kanderson4@carthage.edu

Bulbasaur4
26th September 2006, 05:02 PM
[color=royalblue]
I would like it if next time, the moderator who locks this topic SAYS that they've locked the topic. Otherwise it makes it look as if I locked it... which I did not...

*perturbed*