PDA

View Full Version : Wii price and release date annouced!!

PNT510
14th September 2006, 03:49 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732669p1.html

Nintendo has finally given out the details on the Wii launch. It's gonna be $250 and it comes out November 19th, just 2 days after the PS3 launches. It comes with 1 Wiimote, 1 nunchuck, and the game Wii Sports. Additional Wiimotes and nunchucks will be $40 and $20 respectively.

Jeff
14th September 2006, 09:02 PM
So technically, Nintendo wasn't lieing when they said it would be "under $250" since it will be a penny less than that, ha ha very funny Nintendo.

Elec Man EXE
15th September 2006, 09:54 AM
Its too bad they aren't offering one not bundled with Wii Sports.

I hate sports games (with the exception of crazy ones like Mario sports), so thats just a waste of money for me. Assuming the game is included in the total cost, of course.

Razola
15th September 2006, 10:06 AM
I think Wii Sports is going to be quite different from normal sports titles.

Heald
15th September 2006, 10:14 AM
$250 is about £132, but knowing how video game companies normally work, they usually apply the somewhat-obligatory £70 mark-up on these prices exclusively for Britain, so it'll probably be a scandalous £200 over here. If it is £150, that would be acceptable, but anything over is really taking the piss.

I'm still going to buy one though.

Arnen
17th September 2006, 09:22 PM
Son of a.... I was under the impression that it was going to be a lot cheaper than that, and not come with some lame-ass sports game! >_< Now I'm never going to be able to get one in the concievable future... Oh well. Goodbye better version of Twilight Princess which I've had reserved for a year and a half. x_x

Also, how are kids supposed to be able to afford these systems? $100-$150 seems like a fair price for a system, but who's gonna buy their kid a $250+ game system? Certainly not mine. x_x

The Blue Avenger
17th September 2006, 11:05 PM
At least it's not $500. *shrugs*

And all of Nintendo's other consoles launched at 200 bucks, so 250 including a game is hardly farfetched.

PNT510
18th September 2006, 12:44 AM
Son of a.... I was under the impression that it was going to be a lot cheaper than that, and not come with some lame-ass sports game! >_< Now I'm never going to be able to get one in the concievable future... Oh well. Goodbye better version of Twilight Princess which I've had reserved for a year and a half. x_x

Also, how are kids supposed to be able to afford these systems? $100-$150 seems like a fair price for a system, but who's gonna buy their kid a $250+ game system? Certainly not mine. x_x

[b]Alot of parents are willing to buy their kids a $600 system. $250 is not that bad at all for a new video game system this day and age. Heck the PSP was $250 and the DS was $200 and they are handhelds!

Master Rudy
18th September 2006, 01:55 AM
Happy to finally see some details about the system. I'm going to look into one come December and then in March I'd like to get the new Smash Bros. Originally I was debating a 360 since my originally X-box is busted but I'm still not impressed with it's line up not to mention an employee at EB Games told me I'd be better off saving the money and staying away from the 360 and the PS3. You know that's saying something if I'm being told to stay away from the more expensive systems. From my experience most people try to point you towards what's more expensive.....lol

Arnen
18th September 2006, 04:11 PM
[b]Alot of parents are willing to buy their kids a $600 system. $250 is not that bad at all for a new video game system this day and age. Heck the PSP was $250 and the DS was $200 and they are handhelds!

Right. This day and age where my hard-working college-educated parents can hardly afford groceries, much less an expensive game system.

The Blue Avenger
18th September 2006, 04:49 PM
Right. This day and age where my hard-working college-educated parents can hardly afford groceries, much less an expensive game system.

Just as a point of comparison, what other systems do you own, and when compared to their launch did you buy them?

Elec Man EXE
18th September 2006, 05:07 PM
The price will inevitably drop after the Wii has been out a few years. So if they can't afford 250$, just wait a bit longer and get it for 200$ (or maybe even 150$).

Andrew
23rd September 2006, 01:33 AM
It's 400 bucks at launch here. I will wait till maybe this time next year before I look at investing in one...

It's nice I can keep my Gamecube controllers and games for it.

Heald
23rd September 2006, 12:02 PM
£179.99 for 8/12/06 over here. That's the 8th of December, 2006, by the way for all you idiots who persist putting the month BEFORE the day. That system makes no sense at all. What the Hell happened on the 9th of November that we should all be crying 'NEVER FORGET! KILL TERRORISM!' about anyway?

So, it's about £50 ($91) more expensive over here than in the States. Why the Hell do the slopes keep ripping us off like that? That is like a new controller and a new game that I could've bought.

I'm still buying one though.

Razola
24th September 2006, 02:50 AM
£179.99 for 8/12/06 over here. That's the 8th of December, 2006, by the way for all you idiots who persist putting the month BEFORE the day. That system makes no sense at all. What the Hell happened on the 9th of November that we should all be crying 'NEVER FORGET! KILL TERRORISM!' about anyway?I was going to say Guy Fawkes, but that's four days earlier.

Damn it all.

Everoy
24th September 2006, 07:59 PM
I'm saving up for one.

$250 dollars is good news. They're selling at a loss. If they weren't, it would be far more expensive. $250 is something I'm willing to save up.

Razola
24th September 2006, 10:44 PM
Actually, they are profitting off the hardware.

Alucard
25th September 2006, 02:32 AM
Gamer Tv reported the Wii as being £149 upon release for the Uk..

Everoy
25th September 2006, 09:31 PM
Actually, they are profitting off the hardware.

My dad feeds me lies? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Andrew
28th September 2006, 12:14 AM
And we'll be able to use our GC Games and controllers on it as well?

PNT510
28th September 2006, 12:40 AM
[b]Yup, plus you can buy a bunch of classic NES, SNES, and 64 games for it.

Drago
28th September 2006, 04:39 AM
I'm surprised how much I'm looking forward to the game downloading service; it'll be a chance to scoop up all those games I played but never got the chance to own. Actually, I wonder if TMNT IV will go up to four-players arcade-style or if it'll be a straight two-player conversion...

As for the $400 AUS launch, that's a mite weighty. Unlike 2002, I actually find myself spending money on other things, so buying it around the launch is a no-go. I can wait... Besides, the launch titles aren't going anywhere.

Andrew
28th September 2006, 07:54 PM
Exactly mate, alcohol ahoy!

Wii... after alcohol!

Ultimate Charizard
3rd October 2006, 10:18 AM
Exactly mate, alcohol ahoy!

Wii... after alcohol!

Well thats generally the way to do it. After youve drunk it.

(Just the latest Wii joke there)

Blademaster
16th October 2006, 02:55 AM
The Wii is gonna be $250... great... It'd be nicer if the game was Super Mario Galaxy instead of Wii Sports (Yes, I know, I'm a hopelessly-obsessed Mario fan, and I'll be so forever, and if you don't like it then go pester somebody else about it, 'cuz I'm busy.), it'd be a bit more tolerable...

Oh, well, maybe if I put my SNES and my N64 on eBay, I'll have enough for it. :lookout:

Alucard
16th October 2006, 06:39 AM
I dunno. Wii sports looks awfully fun.

Blademaster
16th October 2006, 02:55 PM
Well, what sports are on it? I assumed it was just baseball, basketball, and the like, but I recently saw a screenshot in a copy of Game Informer, and it looks like bowling is a game you can play on it, so I dunno... maybe I'm being a bit biased.

Though it'd be nice if it had mini golf, too. :D

PNT510
16th October 2006, 03:37 PM
[b]I'm not 100% sure but I think it's baseball, golf, tennis, bowling, and boxing.

Blademaster
16th October 2006, 03:41 PM
Meh... nothing too exciting, but maybe my years of playing Mario Golf will help me get some use out of this game before it goes by the wayside to Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl, and the inevitable Wii Mario Kart game.

Oh, and uh... hi. :wave:

Alucard
17th October 2006, 03:49 AM
I'm looking forward to tennis and golf with the Wii remote. I can't stand either game, but for some reason, it looks so much fun.

The Wii makes a horrid sound when it crashes. It's like a scream of death.