PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone else waiting?

MajinJigglypuff
11th December 2002, 02:43 PM
Am I the only one not playing the rom or importing? I'm starting to feel a little left out because I can't speak with firsthand experience about the new games.

~Majin Jigglypuff~

ace
11th December 2002, 03:09 PM
Me too,but I want it to be a suprise for when it comes out in English next year.

ostrigal
11th December 2002, 03:14 PM
What I will probably wind up doing is buying all of ‘it’ at the same time… R/S GC, & GBA.

So I am saving my money for now, and requesting ‘Best Buy’ Gift certificates for the Holidays… so yeah, I’m waiting.

Hyperworm
11th December 2002, 03:39 PM
I'm in the UK, but you've got to be insane if you think I'm waiting for the UK release. I'm importing from America in March. Not getting the Japanese version, though: it's an RPG, not being able to understand it without looking it up in a dictionary would definitely spoil the game for me. Plus there's the no-link-up thing between different languages.
I'm keeping up with all the Characteristic and Attack news, and the stats of Pokémon, so I don't moronically waste all my TMs on crappy Pokémon like I've done for the last few versions. But beyond that I'm not finding anything else out: no plot info, no "where to find" info, no videos, and DEFINITELY no ROM.
I'll have information, but the actual experience of seeing and playing the game for the first time will be fresh.
I have no idea whether this willpower will actually hold for another ninety-five days ... hoping. ^_^;

So anyway, you're not alone, Majin. ^_^;

Orion
11th December 2002, 03:42 PM
Yep,I prefer to wait,I have bad experiences playing japanese games and bad GS translations -.-I prefer to wait and get full understanding other than guessing the stuff...

whaha
11th December 2002, 04:28 PM
I have to wait till June.
Then it´s realeased in Europe.

snif.

Hyperworm
11th December 2002, 04:34 PM
Europe has a date already? o.0

Keyblade Master
11th December 2002, 04:35 PM
I'm only playing the ROM because I'm the most impaint (I can't spell) person in the world. But I'm waiting untill the American release. Because it sux not knowing what the ppl are saying in the game.

Azura Stardust
11th December 2002, 06:05 PM
I'm playing the ROM in the vain hope of improving the nonexistant skills in Japanese I've ever had. :) Hey, at least I know a bit of Katakana... and I'm also extremely impatient. Plus I think it'd be sucky to have an RS mod who knows nothing of the game (all of us have played at least a bit of the game... )...

MajinJigglypuff
12th December 2002, 10:25 AM
At least I'm not the only one waiting...

AKA Pokemon Fan
12th December 2002, 10:52 AM
Depending on what it's like I might wait until they release the inevitable third version in English. With all the previous games the third has always been best.

Although I'll probably end up buying at least two versions to get all my favorites and for trading purposes.

Vega
12th December 2002, 11:13 AM
1. importing does bite a little bit.
2. i live in the UK and i cant wait till December 2003 or something till its released over here.

but anyways my Dad has already imported the game for me. i'm getting it next week.

Porygon X
12th December 2002, 11:28 AM
I'm waiting until it comes out in Europe... But I've tried to play the ROM a little, but the only Mac emulator that can run it even a little bit crashes when you go to a PokéCenter or a gym... Which is actually good, if it would work, there would be nothing to wait for. I don't want to beat it using a ROM and then buy it, like I did with Silver...

Shadowfax
12th December 2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Hyperworm
I'm in the UK, but you've got to be insane if you think I'm waiting for the UK release. I'm importing from America in March. Not getting the Japanese version, though: it's an RPG, not being able to understand it without looking it up in a dictionary would definitely spoil the game for me. Plus there's the no-link-up thing between different languages.
I'm keeping up with all the Characteristic and Attack news, and the stats of Pokémon, so I don't moronically waste all my TMs on crappy Pokémon like I've done for the last few versions. But beyond that I'm not finding anything else out: no plot info, no "where to find" info, no videos, and DEFINITELY no ROM.
I'll have information, but the actual experience of seeing and playing the game for the first time will be fresh.
I have no idea whether this willpower will actually hold for another ninety-five days ... hoping. ^_^;

So anyway, you're not alone, Majin. ^_^;

like, what the hell is Nintendo doing with the UK releases
Resident Evil 0, Metroid Prime, The wind Waker, ALL come out in March, im gonna hate to see when the decide to release R/S

all's i can say is that they're really gonna feel they've made a mistake at Christmas, when they see how many Gamecubes they sell :X

possessed
12th December 2002, 12:27 PM
I'm always impatient too! Though I won't spoil the entire game for myself. I've only played bits and pieces of R/S and only early in the game. I know if I do play the ROM too much I won't enjoy the actual game as much. I learned my lesson with metroid fusion...
I'm in Europe as well but I'm still pondering if I should get the US version or the European... I think if I did order the US one and there is a possible GC pokemon game and buy a European GC game I won't be able to connect...(right?)

RaichuRocks
12th December 2002, 12:55 PM
I played the rom for about 2 weeks. Then I imported the games from Japan.

They are fun! I love using the game link cable on them for trading, 2 on 2 battles, and secret hideout visits!

Kris
12th December 2002, 01:23 PM
Ill wait for the europe release as I dont know where to import it from!

Hyperworm
12th December 2002, 02:00 PM
Shadowfax, I know. -_- They tend to do that with Europe. It's very annoying. Will be saving up a lot of money after Christmas.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Animal Crossing coming out for Cube at around that time too? That'll be four games I have to get in one month x.X;;;;

Posessed, I think you'll find that the American and English games will be pretty much identical programming-wise. The only change there MIGHT be will be in the form of a language select for France, Germany, etc. But even that's unlikely.
Programming in the way the game handles the Pokémon, item, etc. data isn't going to change at all between the two different countries' versions, and hence I think trading between them and using imports for a possible GCN link-up isn't going to be a problem.
But I could be wrong. :D

MajinJigglypuff
13th December 2002, 12:10 AM
It takes that long for games to come out?!

I'm already tired of AC... (my wife is the only reason I still have it)
It's ridiculous how long it takes you guys to get games. And I thought our wait from Japan was hell (I can say "hell" right?)

Wild Female Machoke
13th December 2002, 02:28 PM
I prefer the official release of Ruby/Sapphire in Canada. I don't want to have a hard time trying to translate the Japanese text. (My Japanese is a little rusty. *blush*)

Turks
15th December 2002, 02:33 AM
i'm waiting..... but no complaints from this US citizin. i have school to keep me busy untill march (finals are a *****)