PDA

View Full Version : Current Sapphire Team... Please rate/help

Polaris
11th December 2002, 03:04 PM
This isnt a final team or anything.. Just my current one, I wanted some advises, since I'm gonna take it 'till the end of the game.

Juputol - Lvl 25
Hariteyama - Lvl 24
Subame - Lvl 21 (gonna evolve really soon)
Rarutosu - Lvl 15 (going to train it till it evolves)
-----these 2 I'm not sure about: -----
Kokodora - Lvl 16
Rakurai - Lvl 16

Kokotora grows f@cking slow, plus it doesnt seem to learn any good moves on it's own. He has impressive stats though, and great defense. Still, I think I'm gonna have to drop it.
Rakurai - even though everyone loves it's final form, I really dont like it. I'd rather get a Lanturn later on when I get the good rod.

I was thinking about getting either a Donmeru or a Kootasu instead of Kokodora. (probably Donmeru for the extra ground type, good attack AND SA, earthquake, rockslide, and Groudon's excellent Eruption move). I can take the x4 water weakness with Japutol anyway, and I need the balance.
Finally, I'll need a 6th pokemon for my team, someone able to counter pretty much the types the other members are weak to/cant defend against.

Thanks in advance, Polaris

Azura Stardust
11th December 2002, 06:49 PM
Juputol - Lvl 25
Hariteyama - Lvl 24
Subame - Lvl 21 (gonna evolve really soon)
Rarutosu - Lvl 15 (going to train it till it evolves)
-----these 2 I'm not sure about: -----
Kokodora - Lvl 16
Rakurai - Lvl 16

Juputol, you might as well keep..
Hariteyama is ok.

Oosubame grows quick...

Rarutosu evolves at elvel 20 and then elvel 30. It's got SA and SD to die for... but you should get hold of a good TM that it can learn because it doesn't learn any attacks other than Psychic attacks. It grows a bit slow but wait till it gets Psychic at aroud level 23-26. You can start sweeping things :)

Kokodora indeed grows freakishly slow and I think it doesn't evolve until like level 35! -_- and then it evolves again at level 45... not worth waiting, if you ask me, though it has great stats, it has TWO 4x weaknesses from now-common types : ground and fighting. bad. If you want the dex entry you can catch its evo, Kodora, in Victory Road later...

As for Rakurai, there's a problem if you don't want it because after that, the only other electric types are Purasaru/Mainan, Voltorb and Magnemite... Chinchou (called Chonchii in Japa. Funny name :D) is gotten only rather late, you CAN'T fish for it sorry, you have to dive around... and that means you gotta defeat up to the 7th gym. Ouch eh. And an Electric type is essential because it can kick a lot of people's rears... so either you waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit till you get a Chinchou, or just use a Raiburotu :\

and if you don't use Chinchou and you want a water type, why not something like Samehadaa (use the Good Rod to fish for Kibania and then train it up) or Shizarigar (but that's pretty late as to get its preevo Heigani you need to go to the 7th gym town and get the Super Rod) or some other water poke. There are lots to choose from!

Pharmgirl
12th December 2002, 12:22 AM
Kokodora's second evolution is at level 42, not 45, but it does indeed level up slooowly. Whether or not to keep it, it depends on how much you need/want a steel-type on your team.

As for electric types, there's also pikachu, but you can't get ahold of that until after the 6th gym, and only in the safari zone. Raiboruto is pretty good though, and will learn bite (level 29) in addition to spark (level 20) to make use of its high special attack. Plus its characteristic can be pretty handy, as even ground types can be paralyzed by it.

Polaris
12th December 2002, 12:25 AM
Lanturn will add both a water and an electric type to my team.... But if I can only get Chinchou late in the game, I'll have to find something else.

You didnt say what you think about Donmeru. Although now I'm pretty sure I'll get it anyway. It learns GREAT moves, and has decent stats with good attack and special attack.
I need a pokemon that user attack based moves other than Hariteyama. My team is too special-based. Donmeru learns both Rock Slide and Earthquake on it's own, along with great fire moves.

I think getting a water type and a fire type will be better than getting an electric type and something else... Donmeru with RS and <water type> with Ice Beam will go just fine against whatever electric is strong against.
But tell me what you think here. Also, any recommendation of a good water type will be good :)

Azura Stardust
12th December 2002, 01:24 AM
Well, you're in for a bit of a hitch because you can't get Ice Beam TM without either 1. getting Dive and taking the Ice Beam TM from the Sunken Ship (I think you need Dive, anyway. I'm almost sure you do, in fact) 2. getting oodles of money and buying TM 13 from the game corner - 8000 coins...

And there aren't many water types that learn ice moves on their own - not early in the game, anyway... .____.

Donmeru's really pretty fine... Bakuuda has nice def stats, I think. Anyway there aren't many fire types to choose from. :(

Polaris
12th December 2002, 07:47 AM
Donmeru it is then. Now I need a 6th and final member =D

EDIT: Btw, Donmeru and Bakuuda learn slightly different moves, especially in higher levels.
Donmeru learns Flamethrower at level 35, and Bakuuda Rock Slide, Earthquake and Eruptions at levels 31, 37 and 41, respectively.

Question is: Should I wait till it gets Flamethrower, then use that guy that teaches Pokemon moves they could've learned by level up to get the rest, or just give it up for Eruption?