PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon 4Ever = Best Pokemon Movie EVER!

Nikku-San
29th March 2003, 12:08 AM
I just finished watching Pokemon 4Ever on DVD and all I can say is WOW! It was awesome! The part where Houndoom and Scyther chase Celebi was so cool! And that Tyranitar owned! And the giant evil Celebi monster was scary! And Suicune's roar was awesome! And the end.... Now THAT was a shocker.

I know all that was quite, uh.... Frantic? But it was a great movie!

Hanada Tattsu
29th March 2003, 08:25 AM
I agree that both the dub and the original of this movie rocked.

Now that I have the DVD of the English version as well as the Japanese version I wanna see what exactly was changed. I know there were bonus scenes added to make it more clear to the kiddies of America that Sammy was really Oak, but I wanna see what was different.

nitrogen
29th March 2003, 10:58 AM
lucky you!you have pokemon 4 ever dvd!so,can you post some celebi and misty pics to"character pictures"topic?I really want to see that movie!I can't wait to hear celebi's voice!!!!!(^_^!)

thanks--!

Nikku-San
29th March 2003, 12:08 PM
I'll try to make some pics if I can, not sure how to make screen shots with my computer DVD player. I know you need to set some option with Realplayer before you can make them, but I'm not sure about this thing.

Oh, and does anyone know if there is any way to get that version of Born To Be A Winner? My favorite pokemon song yet.

nitrogen
30th March 2003, 10:44 AM
I have that song!Unfortunately(sp?)I don't know how to post a song.I tried as an attchment,but it's too big,even the zip.I found it at http://www.pokelord.com ages ago.I don't know if it's still there.However,I can't download anything from that site anymore.
Is it just me????:confused:

Legends-Kuja
30th March 2003, 02:33 PM
I thought 3 and 5 (5 being in pure, untranslated Japanese) were better. 4 was mediocre, maybe it was the plot, maybe it was the constant "Tyranitar, HYPER BEAM ATTACK!" or maybe I just found some parts annoying. Don't get me wrong, it was far from bad.

5 makes all the others pale in comparison. The two sexy ladies who serve as the villainesses make ANY given TR member pale in comparison. By the way, what are their names?

Arael
30th March 2003, 04:44 PM
Meh, 2 is still the best IMHO.

Nikku-San
31st March 2003, 02:48 AM
Pokemon Heroes looks a bit lame to me. It takes place in that city... Not much space for big battles.

Light_Togetic
31st March 2003, 10:14 AM
I don't know about Pokemon Heores, seeing as it's the only movie that I don't have the Japanese version to; but Pokemon 4Ever was a really good movie. To me it comes in second only to Revelation Lugia (yeah, yeah, it was called The Power of One over here but I like its Japanese name better!). I'm the kind of person that likes time travel stories (I think it comes from watching Back to the Future 24/7 when I was little). Besides, I really like Professor Oak, and getting to see him as kid was cool. That intro thing with Brock narrating was kinda... different... but it was okay I guess. After three movies, I guess you might need a recap. The ending song gets on my nerves a bit, but the begining one was great!

I just wish they had advertised the movie as good as they did the DVD. Hmmm, maybe now that 4Kids owns the FoxBox, they can advertise for Pokemon Heroes on it.

Pidgeot018
31st March 2003, 07:07 PM
It's worth nothing that the little narration Brock gives before the movie starts features a rare instance of Porygon appearing in animated form. It's also availalbe on the site for the 1st movie soundtrack and I think it may be included with the first movie DVD as well, but I don't own it on DVD, so I wouldn't know.

ILikePokemonP
12th April 2003, 07:00 PM
Mine arrived on Friday :D

I've heard people say that it was full screen, well mine was widescreen. Did they change it because people were complaining or is it because I got it from Canada and not from the US? I noticed on the back cover, there was a circular black sticker with the word "widescreen" written in white and a few cms down, it said "ASPECT RATIO: FULL SCREEN 1.33:1" on the actual cover.

The movie was great :). The part where Sammy was revealed as Prof Oak was very good. Pikachu's Pikaboo was good as well. I want one of those lawn mowers :yes:

Vundi
15th April 2003, 03:18 AM
I agree that 4 is good....great even, but I really liked 2 the best so far. I thought it had the best action of them all so far.

UmbreonCurse
15th April 2003, 08:36 AM
Four is alright..I suppose. In my opinion the first was and still is the best pokemon movie EVER...although Mewtwo's Retrun came in at a very close second (*sniff* I love Mewoth's speech at the end) The fourth just seemed a bit boring. Very nice, but without a solid plot. Don't get me wroong, I liked it a lot, it just seemed like it wasn't all that it could've been. But I loved the scene with Ash and Sammy watching the sunrise, the scene with Sammy sketching pikachu and celebi while they're asleap (aww..sweetness) and of course celebi's death scene (*sniff* I cried...)
The revealig of how Oak was Sam was a VERY nice toutch, although I figured it out when right after he started talking. A very nice toutch indeed ^_^

Riven
15th April 2003, 11:52 AM
I personally have no favorites witht he pokemon movies, I've seen 1,2,3, and 4 and I thought they were all good, but if I HAD to choose it would be a throw up between 3 and 4.

As for the who thing with Sammy being Oak, I didn't actually make the connection until when they were Ash and Sammy were trying to get to Celebi when it was under the Control of that Team Rocket guy.

{EDIT} Yeah, I'll admit, I was crying up a storm when Celebi died, I'm just glad that I was at home, late at night watching the thing on my computer.

I though Suicune could've had a bigger part though, that was the only thing that disappointed me.

Hanada Tattsu
15th April 2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Legends-Kuja
5 makes all the others pale in comparison. The two sexy ladies who serve as the villainesses make ANY given TR member pale in comparison. By the way, what are their names?

The two thieves are Zanna and Rion, and I wish that they would make another appearence in the tv show sometime.

Pewter City Geodude
18th April 2003, 09:21 AM
I really liked 4Ever too. It's interesting...in a way that movie represents a step for the anime. We all know Pokemon can die, as evidenced by the Lavender Town tower in R/B/Y and Mt. Pyre in R/S, but it's never been mentioned in the anime before, until now. This is the first time we've seen an anime Pokemon die (well, almost die) and the first time the characters have actually used the word "die" in reference to a Pokemon.

Hanada Tattsu
18th April 2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
I really liked 4Ever too. It's interesting...in a way that movie represents a step for the anime. We all know Pokemon can die, as evidenced by the Lavender Town tower in R/B/Y and Mt. Pyre in R/S, but it's never been mentioned in the anime before, until now. This is the first time we've seen an anime Pokemon die (well, almost die) and the first time the characters have actually used the word "die" in reference to a Pokemon.

I understand that you're speaking in reference to Pokemon, but Pokemon dying has been touching upon before, even though it was ever so lightly.

In Pokemon the First Movie, Ash, even though not a Pokemon, dies until he is revived. Even though none of the characters actually reference to Ash dying, the audience can pick it out themselves.

Also, in that same movie, in the Japanese version, when the Pokemon are fighting against the clones, Takeshi says that usual when an animal fights for its territory, it will fight till the death. Not too many people know of this because they either don't have or haven't seen the Japanese version.

homeofmew
18th April 2003, 01:16 PM
*Spoiler Alert*

Pokemon 5 was better graphicly, but Poor Latios died/ turned into the blue soul orb :(

Pokemon 5 is definitly more beautiful.

*End Spoiler Alert*

Edit: Please post spoiler warning next time. Thanks

Hanada Tattsu

Hanada Tattsu
18th April 2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Virtual Reality
Pokemon 5 was better graphicly, but Poor Latios died/ turned into the blue soul orb :(

Yeah, Movie 5 is one of the most artistic efforts in anime, it's very beautiful. Sad, but beautiful.

Pewter City Geodude
18th April 2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Not too many people know of this because they either don't have or haven't seen the Japanese version.

Exactly my point. As far as most people know, death is a rarely-touched-on subject in the Pokemon anime/movies, and here's the biggest reference to it yet.

Light_Togetic
19th April 2003, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I'm glad they let the characters in 4Ever actually say "die". They do in the Japanese version, so I believe they should in the dub. I remember sitting in the theater a bit shocked during the part with Celebi dying because they actually said it.

On another note, I watched the commentary on the DVD the other day, and I thought it was hilarious how Maddie (Meowth) was comparing the American Meowth vs. the Japanese Meowth. He said something like: when Meowth in Japan looks at the moon, he sees peace, tranqility, and harmony... but when American Meowth looks at the moon, he thinks it's made of green cheese and wants to eat it! I just thought that was really funny!:D

UmbreonCurse
19th April 2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic

On another note, I watched the commentary on the DVD the other day, and I thought it was hilarious how Maddie (Meowth) was comparing the American Meowth vs. the Japanese Meowth. He said something like: when Meowth in Japan looks at the moon, he sees peace, tranqility, and harmony... but when American Meowth looks at the moon, he thinks it's made of green cheese and wants to eat it! I just thought that was really funny!:D
Well, the CLONE of meowth mentioned something like that about the moon in Mewtwo's Return, but that's about it.

Riven
20th April 2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Virtual Reality

Well thank you very much! Now I don't have to watch it!!!

Next time, put Spoiler warning! There are people here who haven't seen the film yet, and might want to find out for themselves when they get to watch it what happens!!

Pichu cannon
21st April 2003, 09:51 AM
Hey did you watch Pikachu's Pikaboo yet? THe song's in my sig1 i LOVE that movie!

~Pichu

ILikePokemonP
21st April 2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Pichu cannon

Hey did you watch Pikachu's Pikaboo yet? THe song's in my sig1 i LOVE that movie!

~Pichu Maybe it was me, but did anyone else think it was kinda...jerky? I mean when they did a gradual camera move, it seemed to stop and start a bit. No issue with the main movie though.

Lawnmowers :D

Pewter City Geodude
21st April 2003, 08:28 PM
Yeah that was a cool short. It's not every day you get to see a bunch of Pokemon getting chased by an out-of-control lawn mower. :D

Volbachutwotlepuff
24th April 2003, 05:29 PM
its unfair PKMN 4 EVA hasn't come out here yet all i have is a childs storybook that came with PKMN stickers to stick in the right PKMN Biography WHEN DO THE AUSSIES GET IT????:mad: :( :faints:

Hanada Tattsu
24th April 2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Volbachutwotlepuff
its unfair PKMN 4 EVA hasn't come out here yet all i have is a childs storybook that came with PKMN stickers to stick in the right PKMN Biography WHEN DO THE AUSSIES GET IT????:mad: :( :faints:

Aussies haven't gotten Pokemon 4Ever yet?

I remember reading somewhere a while ago that said Australia would get it sometime in June or July of 2003. But if they haven't announced it yet, you guys might not get it, which is bad. :(

ILikePokemonP
24th April 2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu

Aussies haven't gotten Pokemon 4Ever yet?

I remember reading somewhere a while ago that said Australia would get it sometime in June or July of 2003. But if they haven't announced it yet, you guys might not get it, which is bad. :( *Laughs evilly*

Hanada Tattsu
24th April 2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by ILikePokemon:P
*Laughs evilly*

LOL! :D

I don't get Cheez TV's and Miramax's thinking though.

Us Americans are already getting the fifth movie on May 16th, and you guys haven't even gotten the release date for the fourth movie yet.

I suppose Cheez TV wants to air more Master Quest episodes before releasing the fourth movie. But you guys are already at the episode where Phanpy hatches, so you guys are far enough.

ILikePokemonP
24th April 2003, 06:17 PM
I don't see why Cheez Tv would have any say on the matter of releasing pokemon movies. The second I hear any info though, it'll be on this forum.

Pewter City Geodude
24th April 2003, 07:36 PM
You guys could always buy it online...

Hanada Tattsu
24th April 2003, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I think it's more like Miramax. Cheez TV just buys and airs the episodes.

Geodude isn't wrong though. Why don't you Aussies buy it online? There's tons of places, like Amazon. I'd reccomend it from Amazon, they're pretty cheap. They have both the VHS and the DVD.