PDA

View Full Version : What major Pokemon do you have that'll get screwed over by the changes?

TKnHappyNess
18th September 2006, 12:59 PM
Since we all know about the type changes, which Pokemon do you have will be screwed over the most? For mine, I've got a bunch of them (anything with the elemental punches will suffer the most), but my Lapras named Happy Ness (my main Pokemon) won't be affected because all her attacks will most likely still remain as Special Attacks.

The Blue Avenger
18th September 2006, 04:13 PM
(anything with the elemental punches will suffer the most)

Except for Hitmonchan. I have a hunch I'll be using Hitmonchan a lot more.

Basically, Alakazam is the big one I'm worried about. I liked having an elemental Alakazam. :\

Elec Man EXE
18th September 2006, 05:05 PM
Eh, of my first Emerald team, my Manectric is really going to suffer.

Crunch was his only other Special based attack, and that's going bye bye. His hidden power is some crappy type like Bug, and less than 50 strength, so I'll have to try and stick Howl on him and make him a mixed Special/Physical pokemon, or something... poor Manectric, he was already sub-par. Electric pokemon really need to get some help.

Also, my Solrock will probably lose the ability to use Shadow Ball with his decent attack. I can stick Earthquake on instead maybe, but I hate using too much Earthquake (and Aggron already has it). Or maybe I'll switch him to special, and go with Calm Mind and Flamethrower along with Shadow Ball and Psychic.

Dusclops will stay the same, although with Shadow Ball changing to a special attack (so Will-O-Wisp doesn't reduce it) he'll be in danger from any Psychic's with Shadow Ball. Heh, another pokemon type that has an advantage over a type, but that type almost always learns a counter (Just like Grass against Water who all get Ice Beam).

On the other hand, I get a few boosts. Masquerain might get a STAB'd Bug special attack with Silver Wind, Sharpedo will get STAB attacks to work off his huge attack in Crunch and Waterfall.

Aggron stays the same.

Blademaster
19th September 2006, 03:34 PM
What's the current word on the type changes now? Basically anything that makes contact is Physical and anything that doesn't is Special?

Sorry, haven't really been keeping up with it... :(

mr_pikachu
19th September 2006, 03:41 PM
That's the theory, although we expect there will be some exceptions. A lot of the basis does seem to be on contact, much like moves affected by the ability of Static. But other techniques like Rock Slide and Earthquake will likely also be Physical, even though the user doesn't make contact with the opponent.

Blademaster
19th September 2006, 11:01 PM
Well, that's stupid, but...

OK, the most 'modern' Pokemon game I have, I guess, is Ruby; my all-star team is as follows:

Tremor (F Graveler) LV.36 - Dig, Rock Tomb, Earthquake, Strength
Behemoth (F Tropius) LV.44 - Cut, Solarbeam, Magical Leaf, Fly
Neptune (M Gyarados) LV.54 - Twister, Surf, Ice Beam, Rain Dance
Cerberus (M Mightyena) LV.57 - Shadow Ball, Secret Power, Thief, Crunch
Helios (M Blaziken) LV.66 - Double Kick, Overheat, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut
Nephthys (F Manectric) LV.68 - Thunder, Shock Wave, Bite, Charge

...OK, so Neph and Helios are gonna have one move changed, and Cerb is gonna get totally screwed up...

Wait... what the Hell am I worried about? I don't have a Trading Cable (or whatever the **** that thing's called), and I don't even know if any of those Pokemon are gonna be in DP...

So, I'm pretty much in the clear. Sweet. :D

The Blue Avenger
20th September 2006, 07:00 AM
Blademaster: You just need a DS. D/P go in the DS game slot, and RSEFRLG go in the GBA slot. That's how you transfer between the two games. Also, my hunch is that you can trade over any Pokemon - I severely doubt that they'd exclude any.

Blademaster
20th September 2006, 02:07 PM
I see...

Well, what if I have 2 DS's? Can I trade between my Ruby and Fire Red cartridges that way? That'd make my life a lot easier...

The Blue Avenger
20th September 2006, 02:12 PM
I don't think so. For GBA to GBA, you specifically need the cable or the GBA wireless adapter. If it's GBA to DS, you just need a DS, and if it's DS to DS, all you need is the two DSes.

Blademaster
20th September 2006, 07:21 PM
I don't think so. For GBA to GBA, you specifically need the cable or the GBA wireless adapter. If it's GBA to DS, you just need a DS, and if it's DS to DS, all you need is the two DSes.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd tell ya I love ya, Jeff, but I ain't that kinda guy!

TRADING FRENZY!!!11!!111!1! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

OK, I'm done. Sorry for the off-topic-ness... Back to your business, everyone!

(runs off)

SoulflameNinetales
21st September 2006, 06:46 AM

OMG thats makes my life far easier... :) Yay!

The Blue Avenger
21st September 2006, 11:46 AM
Somehow I think I was misinterpreted. Allow me to rephrase:

"I don't think so. For GBA games to GBA games, you specifically need the cable or the GBA wireless adapter. If it's GBA games to DS games, you just need a DS, and if it's DS games to DS games, all you need is the two DSes."

Elec Man EXE
21st September 2006, 01:59 PM
Aye.

The GBA games won't recognize the DS WiFi / Wireless trading capabilities. When trading using the GBA pokemon games (Emerald to Fire Red) you absolutely NEED to use either a link cable or a wireless adaptor and 2 GBA's.

For GBA to DS (like Emerald to Pearl) you can use a single DS, one game pack in each of the slots.

For DS to DS (Pearl to Diamond), 2 DS's using the built-in wireless will do just fine. Or WiFi.

Blademaster
21st September 2006, 05:17 PM
Great, now he tells me... :sweat:

Poryhedron
21st September 2006, 06:21 PM
Great, now he tells me... :sweat:
I knew what he was talking about the first time. You just weren't paying close enough attention.

Blademaster
21st September 2006, 09:02 PM
Well, yeah, but I'm not really good at paying.... um....

Oh, yeah. Attention.

Incidentally, P-hedron, this is like the first time we've ever talked. 'Sup?

(gets yelled at for straying off-topic again)

Sorry, short attention span.

Anyway, if I'm interpreting this new move thing correctly, it seems like pretty much every Dark and Ghost type is gonna be flipped over. Shadow Ball and... well, I guess that's the only one, but it'll still be Special; Crunch, Bite, Beat Up, Thief... they're all gonna be Physical...

Huh...

SoulflameNinetales
21st September 2006, 09:48 PM
hmmmm...I see

But it will still make my life easier :)

It'll be annoying and interesting if that happens. Its gonna require me to actually think more, not thats a bad thing. But i can also see many pokemon I use for teams have a real shift in what I teach them, some good and some bad.

As a result I think i'll keep a close eye on the rock moves, Rock Slide in particular, thro they are likely to remain physical if some of them change, it will really weaken on of the weaker types (in my opinion)

Btw, I would say out of the ghost moves that Shadow Punch and Lick would remain physical.

Just two two (s)cents

Weasel Overlord
22nd September 2006, 06:10 AM
[color=silver]Well, my main pokemon is Houndoom... *sob* I guess it's getting pretty fecked then. Although I can always EV train in Attack rather then Special ^^ my current Ruby team, I dunno how well it'd fair;

Houndoom [Lv. 90] Att.215 Sp.Att.247 - not so much difference really... my main setup for them is usually Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Crunch and Faint Attack.
Typhlosion [Lv.56] Att.126. Sp.Att.144 - he's not so good on these sides really... I've been considering getting rid, I guess the new games'll make up my mind.
Jolteon [Lv.84] Att.169. Sp.Att.194 - ergh, that's a big difference, but I don't reckon it'll be too bad for Jolt, most of his moves are special anyway. ^^
Dragonite [Lv.72] Att.268 Sp.Att.158 - well, that is ridiculous. but even such low special is good for being a dragon killed with Ice Beam...
Arcanine [Lv.61] Att.192 Sp.Att.145 - Good for Flame Wheel, crappy for Flamethrower ><
Ninetales [L.72] Att.159 Sp.Att.156 - Woah, these are like, the same o.O my Ninetales is entirely special, so there won't be any difference really. ^^