PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Axis Mundi (Reunion Round)

Plantae
18th September 2006, 09:25 PM
Welcome all our new and returning players! The rules can be found here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm). The best of luck to all of you.

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in this topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly. This means any and all private messages, not just ones from the host.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

Alive
Ace64
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Kevvaelli
Vulpix.ck
Weasel Overlord
Heald
Rude Boy

Dead
Zcade0 - Elder
c0n5p1r4cy - Elder
Green Lanturn - Guardian Angel
Waves_of_Darkness - Shifter (Salamander)
mr_pikachu - Shifter (Tapir)
Crazy Elf Boy - Traitor
Roy Karrde - Shifter (Monkey)
Dark-San - Shifter (Dhole)
Hyperness Is A Good Thing - Shifter (Parrot)

Roles Alive
Elder x3
Oracle
Shaman
High Elder
Vigilante

=

Dawn

"The spirits are restless!" The High Elder's voice seemed boundless, grounded and amplified by that of Gaea, nature mother. He scanned his surrounding elders, and the other respected village members. His eyes watched them ferociously, for any quiver, for any movement that might indicate their nature that was free from her will.

"We will show them their place, that they are to be trees if they are trees! Wolves must be wolves! There is no tame in nature, and wild is abound, but Gaea does not like those that try to break free of the natural order!"

"Hail!" It was the unanimous cry of a united village. But, it was not less than subtle that a few yelled a little more meekly than their comrades.

As the dawn broke across the hills, and over the treetops, it did its best to penetrate the canopy. However, it seemed that only darkness could reside on the forest floor. Here, where the animal spirits truly communed, watching and waiting, and seeking their chance for freedom. There was no one to trust when anyone could be anyone. Wolf or man? Shifter.

"To whatever end," was the unspoken cry of the shaman's people. They would search, but could they eradicate the beast most in its element in the wild?

End

The current date/time is: Human Victory!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
19th September 2006, 01:14 AM
Hello there Jobes! *waves* Wow, the shifters have become rainforest-themed while I was away... *steals the dhole*

As is common for people who post first on the first dawn...

Neutral

+conspiracy+
19th September 2006, 01:31 AM
Neutral ftw!

Hyperness is a Good Thing
19th September 2006, 03:03 AM
yay we're starting!!! ^_^ *big grin*
neutral of course

Crazy Elf Boy
19th September 2006, 03:06 AM
N
E
U
T
R
A
L

Dark-San
19th September 2006, 03:20 AM
[b][size=3]No other reason. Neutral.

Weasel Overlord
19th September 2006, 03:42 AM
[color=silver]neutral, naturally. ^^ And Hooray for the first post to christen my new laptop! ^____^

Dark-San
19th September 2006, 04:10 AM
[color=silver]neutral, naturally. ^^ And Hooray for the first post to christen my new laptop! ^____^

[b][size=3]Hurray with Kirst!

*Banzai!*

Heald
19th September 2006, 05:29 AM
Neutral

Vulpix.ck87
19th September 2006, 08:12 AM
It's about time Jobie ><

Neutral neutral blah, i suppose, and.. Emo already pocketed the dhole? Aww ;_; *rides away sadly on tapir's back*

*tapir falls over*

Ace64
19th September 2006, 09:00 AM
Ah, all the old faces...well almost.I can't actually see...your faces.

Neutral

Waves_of_Darkness
19th September 2006, 09:45 AM
It begins...

I vote to be neutral this round.

mr_pikachu
19th September 2006, 09:49 AM
Neutral seems to be the order of the day.

Zcade0
19th September 2006, 04:18 PM
Nuteral becasue I don't want a repeat of my old days here. :/

Everoy
19th September 2006, 08:46 PM
This is very different from the Mafia I usually play :P

Neutral FTW!

BTW, lynch me, I'm scum.

Green Lanturn
19th September 2006, 11:23 PM
Nuetral

Plantae
20th September 2006, 08:39 AM
No better way to commerate all our past games then with a fully neutral first round.

Dead

And so begins the first Dusk.

Plantae
21st September 2006, 06:31 PM
What a shame...

Dead
Zcade0 - Elder

Shifters - 1. Humans - 0. Begin the second dawn.

Green Lanturn
21st September 2006, 10:04 PM
Forgive me Zcade0, but your early death was also a regular occurence on Axis Mundi and the Werewolf Game.

Now, as for todays vote. Old Axis Mundi games generally had the new people playing a bad role, so for this vote, i shall go for Waves_of_Darkness. No offense, just following what tradition would state, but this could very well change.

~GL

Dark-San
22nd September 2006, 04:24 AM
Now, as for todays vote. Old Axis Mundi games generally had the new people playing a bad role, so for this vote, i shall go for Waves_of_Darkness. No offense, just following what tradition would state, but this could very well change.

[b][size=3]The above explanation makes no logical sense to me. Besides Plantae already said that the roles are randomised and it would only seems like we are bullying the new members when we vote for them. Too early to gather evidences and predict the shifters at the moment. So I guess it would be only fair that we have to vote a person in random.

*Flips coin*

Sorry Ace64! But if evidences shows up, I will switch my vote.

22nd September 2006, 04:32 AM
I'm an Axis Mundi noob myself, and if GL will vote noobs off just cos they're noobs....a little suspicious methinks.

however, in all fairness and because I'm not eager on bandwagonning and killing Ace, my randomiser says Kevvaelli
'*huggles her random number generator*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
22nd September 2006, 06:03 AM
I'm hungry... And not in a very thinking, accusing, reasoning mood...

I don't vote noobs off just because they're noobs... If I did I'd rather W_o_D over Xhinny because I know Xhinny better than W_o_D and I'm biased oh yes... This might change later.
*goes off to have dinner*

Weasel Overlord
22nd September 2006, 06:13 AM
[color=silver]I know we need to cooporate or something to that effect, but I don't care! HEHE! I vote for Conspiracy. Sorry dude ^^

Plantae
22nd September 2006, 08:32 AM
Who needs cooperation when you can have completely randomized execution?

Ace64
22nd September 2006, 09:15 AM
*cough* Too true. Voting Zcade off first is something that the veterans would be more familiar with than the new people- your votes all smell like random shots in the dark. As for me, I'm going for Heald.

Heald
22nd September 2006, 09:25 AM
Ouch.

Well, in the spirit of cooperation, I'm aiming for...c0n5piracy or however you kids spell it nowadays.

Waves_of_Darkness
22nd September 2006, 11:26 AM
All's fair in love and war, right?

Frankly, I have no idea who to vote for, and I don't think anyone has evidence this round anyhoo, looking at who's voting for who. I could jump on one of the many bandwagons, however I think I'm just going to stay Neutral for now; now that we see who's voting for who and who's defending who, next round it should be easier to tell who's the bad and good guys.

Better safe than sorry.

Weasel Overlord
22nd September 2006, 11:57 AM
[color=silver]uh, you aren't allowed to vote neutral twice in a row, Waves... ^^;;

Waves_of_Darkness
22nd September 2006, 12:59 PM
o.O

I should read more into the rules next time...

Uh... erm... someone who hasn't gotten a vote yet... Green Lanturn? Just cause he doesn't have a vote against him, not because I'm retaliating.

Zcade0
22nd September 2006, 04:00 PM
Aww smurf. Every stinking time. Ah well. I shall try to become more active in the next rounds. I can't remember why I left anyway.

Hmm... In retrospect, I would have died this round anyway XD.

mr_pikachu
22nd September 2006, 05:04 PM
As a newbie myself, I don't particularly like that tactic, Green. So I'm gonna have to vote for you on principle.

Green Lanturn this round.

Plantae
23rd September 2006, 01:43 AM
And so the streak continues.

Dead
c0n5p1r4cy - Elder

After which shall begin Dusk 2.

+conspiracy+
23rd September 2006, 03:20 AM
=) never fails

Zcade0
23rd September 2006, 10:16 AM
indeed, we do always seem to get kicked first, don't we? *inserts witty remark about heaven/ cake*

Plantae
23rd September 2006, 11:52 PM
There is something about irony that is so... satisfying.

Dead
Green Lanturn - Guardian Angel

Shall the humans continue on their path to destruction in this Dawn 3?

24th September 2006, 01:55 AM
I worked on this logic previously, and it has worked... c'mon, look, Green Lanturn targetted Waves_of_Darkness, and he got killed in the night.... so.. *connects two and two* Waves_of_Darkness definitely

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
24th September 2006, 10:38 AM
I really think the humans are gonna die ^_^

Waves_of_Darkness

Heald
24th September 2006, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a sound plan. Waves_of_Darkness it is.

Roy Karrde
24th September 2006, 12:45 PM
Ugh no one told me this game had started. * Runs in * I also vote for Waves_of_Darkness

Ace64
24th September 2006, 02:16 PM
[b]Waves of Darkness

Everoy
24th September 2006, 02:56 PM
Sure, I'll go with that. Waves_of_Darkness

Weasel Overlord
24th September 2006, 03:01 PM
[color=silver]Well, I dunno how much point there is in voting, when the odds are so obviously against Waves, but hey. I guess I'll vote for the bandwaggon; Waves of Darkness... no offense bud. Damn, we're doing shite this game ><

Waves_of_Darkness
24th September 2006, 03:38 PM
>.>

<.<

Waves_of_Darkness

^.^

Crazy Elf Boy
24th September 2006, 04:35 PM
W
A
V
E
S
_
O
F
_
D
A
R
K
N
E
S
S

Dark-San
24th September 2006, 08:37 PM
>.>

<.<

Waves_of_Darkness

[b][size=3]Wait voting for himself? Another Mega Horny?

Wave of Darkness, it is then.

^.^

mr_pikachu
24th September 2006, 09:22 PM
Ooookay... Waves_of_Darkness it is, then.

Plantae
25th September 2006, 06:28 PM
Purified, exorcised, and quite dead- despite avid regeneration- is the one, the only...

Dead
Waves_of_Darkness - Shifter (Salamander)

But Dusk 3 soon follows.

Waves_of_Darkness
25th September 2006, 08:23 PM
Aww, the regeneration worked too, but I was killed in so many other nasty ways. Oh well, at least I wasn't whipped; purification sounds much nicer.

Plantae
26th September 2006, 09:04 PM
It was a quiet eventide, this.

Dead

Make it a rowdy Dawn IV.

Current Dooms
Kevvaelli - 1
Vulpix.ck - 1
Roy Karrde - 1
Rude Boy - 2
Crazy Elf Boy - 1

Magmar
26th September 2006, 09:14 PM
Sorry, I've been gone for weeks. I'm voting Neutral because I haven't voted at all yet! Ahh!

Magmar
26th September 2006, 09:15 PM
IF AND ONLY IF I cannot vote neutral, chalk me down for a vote for Crazy Elf Boy because he's also got a doom I guess, not other reason. IF I CAN VOTE NEUTRAL I WISH TO REMAIN SO.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 09:39 PM
I have evidence incriminating mr_pikachu as a Shifter, hence you should vote for him.

mr_pikachu
26th September 2006, 09:48 PM
Evidence? What evidence? Time for an obligatory counter-vote against Kevvaelli.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 09:50 PM
Note that it would be awfully silly or me to lie about something like this right now if I were a Shifter. Four Shifters vs. eight pro-town is not a good time to BS something.

Roy Karrde
26th September 2006, 09:52 PM
I also am going to vote against Kevvaelli until we all can see some actual evidence. Something more than numbers, unless I am missing something. If you do have some evidence, a PM, a IM, something tangable then I will change my post. Until then it seems like you want to pick us humans off, Kevvaelli.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:11 PM
mr pikachu is a Shifter. Let's kill the bugger!

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:13 PM
Oops, messed up the top of the quote. Meh.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:15 PM
Until then it seems like you want to pick us humans off, Kevvaelli.

I just gave you evidence incriminating mr_pikachu. Does that mean I'm trying to pick us off?

mr_pikachu
26th September 2006, 10:20 PM
Considering that your "evidence" is something you, the accuser, made up... I'd say so.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:23 PM
Considering that your "evidence" is something you, the accuser, made up... I'd say so.

I didn't put the name of who sent the the message on because I'd be telling the Shifters who the Oracle is. I didn't make it up, I'm not that stupid. I've been playing variants of Mafia and The Werewolf Game for three years, and I know better than that.

mr_pikachu
26th September 2006, 10:25 PM
Then you also know well enough to make one heck of a bluff.

Roy Karrde
26th September 2006, 10:27 PM
Who is to say that you are not a shifter Kevvaelli? You said you have been playing this game enough, you've seen enough games. So why not just make up a plan to pick a human off? It's pretty smart actually.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:28 PM
Then you also know well enough to make one heck of a bluff.

Bluff this: I'm the Shaman. The first Dusk, I targetted Zcade0 and accidentally caused his death. The second Dusk, I received a doom. The third Dusk, I targetted Heald because I think he's a Shifter based on information from someone whom I've been in contact with (not the Oracle).

Note that Roy Karrde is a Shifter. He said he would believe me once I gave him tangible evidence, and now he agrees with mr_pikachu.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th September 2006, 10:30 PM
mr_pikachu

Ganging up is bad unless everybody does it.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:31 PM
mr_pikachu

Ganging up is bad unless everybody does it.

Hah. *laughs amusedly*

mr_pikachu
26th September 2006, 10:31 PM
I don't know what role Roy's playing. But I do know that you haven't given any "evidence" that can be supported, Kevvaelli. Seems to me that you made that quote yourself.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:33 PM
Seems to me you're a Shifter trying to hide my evidence.

Roy Karrde
26th September 2006, 10:43 PM
Note that Roy Karrde is a Shifter. He said he would believe me once I gave him tangible evidence, and now he agrees with mr_pikachu.

I'm not big on targeting people and then giving evidence that only I know of. Usually I try to provide evidence based on the person's post history. I missed a few rounds and have been meaning to go back and look at them, so I am some what caught in this on who to believe. But I dont believe Mr.Pikachu had targeted someone and used the evidence of "I know something, and I cant really prove it, so trust me". On the other hand Kevvaelli you have. If Mr_Pikachu is a Shifter, that's great, one down. But if he is not, then Kevvaelli has pushed us that much closer to a loss. BTW if I was a shifter, then I wish someone would have informed me quicker that this game had started. That way I wouldnt have two dooms against me.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:46 PM
I'm not big on targeting people and then giving evidence that only I know of. Usually I try to provide evidence based on the person's post history. I missed a few rounds and have been meaning to go back and look at them, so I am some what caught in this on who to believe. But I dont believe Mr.Pikachu had targeted someone and used the evidence of "I know something, and I cant really prove it, so trust me". On the other hand Kevvaelli you have. If Mr_Pikachu is a Shifter, that's great, one down. But if he is not, then Kevvaelli has pushed us that much closer to a loss. BTW if I was a shifter, then I wish someone would have informed me quicker that this game had started. That way I wouldnt have two dooms against me.

You don't, you have one doom. Either way, I've given my proof. Here's more:

Are you the shaman role? If you're a product of a shifter ability on the oracle revelation, I'm going to cry long and hard now because I know the humans are really and truly screwed, then.
The only other person whose role I'm sure of is (removed). (removed)e's an Elder, I'm the Oracle. Help help please. We're screwed either way so it doesn't matter if we tell you who we are.

Roy Karrde
26th September 2006, 10:49 PM
Oh sorry about that, I confused Rude Boy's and mine's name since were right up next to eachother. Anyway can you give me some proof as to who sent that? PM me it or something so that I believe you? I really want to believe you man, but it just has all the smells of a elaborate stunt to win the game.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:51 PM
I'm not going to tell you who sent it because I'd be telling you, someone who I believe is a Shifter, who the Oracle is.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:52 PM
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly.

Ah, dammit, I'm an idiot.

Roy Karrde
26th September 2006, 10:55 PM
If I was a shifter, then why did I miss out on the first two rounds? It wasn't until Plantae got onto me that I got back in. Anyway I am being told by others that the quote is authentic, so with that in mind, I am withdrawing my vote. Now I am really confused.

mr_pikachu
26th September 2006, 10:57 PM
So, wait. Kevvaelli's dead now?

I guess my vote's automatically withdrawn then, since I'd be voting for someone dead. I'll wait for confirmation of this before I consider how to vote this round.

Everoy
26th September 2006, 10:58 PM
Let's just wait for Plantae and go from there.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th September 2006, 11:00 PM
Umm.. I think PMs aren't allowed to be posted in the main topic.. Ah, you put it there already ><;;;
In any case I know the origin of Kevvaelli's suspicion, and that's why I'm sticking with my vote.

Weasel Overlord
27th September 2006, 02:27 AM
[color=silver]Well, since you're probably dead for posting a pm in this topic, we can only assume that said pm is actually real, and not a forgery. And so far, the votes against Kev have been completely retaliatory. Hrrm, I wonder who I believe...

Mr. Pikachu for the lynching por favor.

mr_pikachu
27th September 2006, 02:43 AM
Okay, I am very confused right now. I don't know who's dead and who's alive, for one thing... and for another, why is everyone attacking me?

I'd like to play for a decent amount of time in one of these games, dang it!

Crazy Elf Boy
27th September 2006, 02:49 AM
For the love of...........................(wait better not say it)................................kittens.

I vote for Kevvaelli

Weasel Overlord
27th September 2006, 03:21 AM
[color=silver]Well, as Kev posted a pm in here, I'm kinda believing what was in the pms, rather than supporting a retaliation vote. As for his death, that won't happen until Plantae gets on here, and then it'll probably be at the end of dawn.

And at least you've got further than Zcade.. our resident victim of first-dawn-lynching ^_~

mr_pikachu
27th September 2006, 03:25 AM
So you're going to vote for me because Kevvaelli suicided? Aside from the self-death part, this is turning out to be one heck of a tactic...

Well, if Kev's not technically dead yet, then my vote will remain, I guess. Kevvaelli.

*is growing more baffled by the minute*

27th September 2006, 05:27 AM
*blinks*
to avoid a doom, er er neutral
*runs offline to do homework*

Plantae
27th September 2006, 08:55 AM
It is true that Kevvaelli has violated the fourth rule. However, seeing as he was unaware of its existence, and since the first quoted private message was a fabrication- and the latter revealed no names and no real evidence of anything- I am letting him off with a severely-worded warning. He shall not die for his violation. Whether he dies anyway is not my call.

Due to the fact that they were based on fabricated evidence, all votes on mr_pikachu that exist at this time are now automatically withdrawn. Whether or not the individual voter decides to recast the vote is up to them, but it should not be on the basis of a false private message.

Weasel Overlord
27th September 2006, 09:11 AM
[color=silver]I'm keeping my vote the same... too vlah to be arsed changing now!

Mr_Pikachu

Heald
27th September 2006, 09:30 AM
Mr Pikachu voted for GL in retaliation for voting for WoD, WoD was a shifter...you see where this is going.

mr pikachu

mr_pikachu
27th September 2006, 09:36 AM
Are you all just looking for a reason to vote for me? Give me a break!

Heald
27th September 2006, 09:38 AM
I'm not voting for you because of that PM...Kevvaelli has been fingering me falsely as well (wow, how Freudian). I'm voting for you because I used the same logic to vote WoD and that turned out with a Shifter death. If you're a Human, then there's nothing we can do. Sometimes people just gotta die, even in vain. Don't take it personally.

Weasel Overlord
27th September 2006, 10:03 AM
[color=silver]We're all looking for reasons to vote for people... it's the point of the game ^_^"

Waves_of_Darkness
27th September 2006, 11:43 AM
What a happy game this is turning out to be... wouldn't it be funny if Kevvaelli and mr_pikachu were BOTH shifters, and they were just arguing with each other to confuse everyone... or what if NEITHER of them are shifters, and they are just blowing smoke...

I know I'm not supposed to say anything, I just wanted to pop my head in and say, sorry mr_pikachu, you helped my vote, and if I were human and saw you defend a shifter, I would vote for you too. Despite the fact that Kevvaelli lied about the first post, so he MAY be lying about his position as the shaman (dun-dun-duuuuun!) Which is he? We will soon find out...

On another note, I was told in an IM conversation with an anonymous player from here that the shifter's abilities are overpowered. Perhaps for the next round (if there is one,) we can open the board to discussion about human and shifter powers?

Plantae
27th September 2006, 01:48 PM
I have a propensity to try to give the shifters unique abilities each distinctive round of Axis Mundi and that often butts heads with balance. To further complicate matters, I had lost the entirety of the Axis Mundi rules and was forced to redraft them from scratch. I am not surprised balance issues surfaced. I always welcome rules discussion after a round is finished and would be glad to hear any suggestions.

Ace64
27th September 2006, 02:33 PM
I'm going with Mr._Pikachu. You may be innocent, but WoD popping in to confuse people (being a shifter) is a bit suspicious.

Everoy
27th September 2006, 07:50 PM
Obviously, mr_pikachu. I clearly shouldn't have posted my evidence, and shame on Roy for telling me to post a private message.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
27th September 2006, 10:01 PM
Well now, you all know where I stand anyway, so fake PM or not,

mr_pikachu

it is. ^_^

Plantae
27th September 2006, 10:35 PM
Given the strange course of events today, the following has resulted.

Dead
mr_pikachu - Shifter (Tapir)

Another shifter loss as Dusk 4 starts.

New Dooms
Vulpix.ck - +1
Crazy Elf Boy - +1

Magmar
28th September 2006, 10:02 AM
do i smell toast? cuz mr_pikachu just got BURNT!

Vulpix.ck87
28th September 2006, 11:30 AM
*looks swindly* Shift shift.. sneak sneak..

HEY GUYS! Ums.. *posting from library* Who killed me tapir? (I actually met one of those today ^_^ Funsies) .. (Wouldn't let me ride him :()

Oh the rage! Ah.. i'll try and vote tomorrow? It had better be dawn by then! *shakes fist*

p.s. if not, keep up the good work!

Waves_of_Darkness
28th September 2006, 03:44 PM
Arg, everything is foiled!

>.>

<.<

Or IS it?

*bwah-bwah-bwaaaaaahhhhh*

mr_pikachu
28th September 2006, 04:14 PM
Blargh! I am dead!

Needless to say, I will be counting on my fellow shifters to make up for my death. Take 'em down!

Weasel Overlord
28th September 2006, 05:47 PM
[color=silver]SQUEEE!!! *leaps on Vulps* I mean... yers, this is completely related to Axis Mundi... ¬_¬

Plantae
29th September 2006, 07:38 AM
The vicissitudes of fate have chosen...

Dead
Crazy Elf Boy - Traitor

To die this dusk. The sun shall rise, and it shall be exalted, for it is Dawn V.

Weasel Overlord
29th September 2006, 07:44 AM
[color=silver]Well, as we know now for sure that Mr_Pikachu was indeed a shifter, I personally find Roy Karrde's adamant sticking-up-for him to be very suspicious. Also, well... he's a shifter. Nothing more to it, really ^___^

Let us strike, my brethren, to eradicate the foul taint of the shifter from this earth...

Magmar
29th September 2006, 10:58 AM
I wonder what the Traitor's role is o_O; *goes to seeeeeee*

Nevertheless, I will remain neutral for the time being.

Magmar
29th September 2006, 10:58 AM
Never mind, just saw that last postie XD Roy Karrde it's time to diediedie

Heald
29th September 2006, 11:35 AM
Yea, for the death of Roy Karrde, I want.

Everoy
29th September 2006, 05:49 PM
Roy Karrde as agreed.

Vulpix.ck87
30th September 2006, 06:50 AM
*prepares bonfire for Karrdeyboy*

Vulpix.ck87
30th September 2006, 06:52 AM
p.s. Retaliation leap on weas!

AC-HEM.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
30th September 2006, 10:17 AM
*pops in*

bloody uni application portfolio thing sapping up my time and energy bah grumble grumble whine

Roy Kaarde

*pops out*

Dark-San
30th September 2006, 11:16 AM
*pops in*

bloody uni application portfolio thing sapping up my time and energy bah grumble grumble whine

Roy Kaarde

*pops out*

[b][size=3]Be glad that you are doing uni, Yi Wen. ^.^

Eitherway I apologises for the abrupt away period. I need to settle a few personal and studies issue.

My vote this dawn, Roy bro.

Ace64
30th September 2006, 01:46 PM
Roy Kaarde as the crowd wishes.

Plantae
30th September 2006, 06:12 PM
So you wish it, so it shall be.

Dead
Roy Karrde - Shifter (Monkey)

With this death cometh Dusk 5.

Plantae
1st October 2006, 09:18 AM
I do not think additional time is necessary.

Dead
Dark-San - Shifter (Dhole)
Hyperness is a Good Thing - Shifter (Parrot)

And with that, the humans win the Axis Mundi Reunion Round. The thread is now open to discussion about the rules of the game.

Magmar
1st October 2006, 09:21 AM
*inserts witty remark about heaven/ cake*

I so started that trend. Yay dead shifters! I feel good *danananannanana* so good *da da* so good *da da*

1st October 2006, 09:22 AM
lols. that was fast. oh well.
that's what happens when both of you go inactive for a day *whistles*

Dark-San
1st October 2006, 09:27 AM
[b][size=3]Apologises to my fellow shifters on my abrupt absence. If it does disrupt our strategies in winning this game, then I must be the one at fault then. I had to settle some really important personal issues as well as to catch up on my project which is hell.

Eitherway, it is a good game in the end and I really enjoyed playing it.

@Kevvaelli ~ I have received your pm pointing me out as a shifter. I don't really appreciate this kind of things to be send to my pm inbox. Thanks if you got my message.

1st October 2006, 09:32 AM
oh yeah, backing dark-san up on the pm-ing thing, was that pm really necessary Kev? I don't see the point of sending one to each of us >.<

personal feedback on the rules: they were ok, but I was just wondering, in the previous Axis Mundi rounds, did the shifters ever win? It's just that the game seems a little...unfair for the shifters, I can't exactly point out where
Of course, this could be a biased and erm bratty view of an angry shifter who just got killed *roftls at herself*
Lol, we're bad shifters, all noobs the bunch of us =P

and sorry Wen for not replying to your pm. Didn't know what to say o.o

Magmar
1st October 2006, 09:34 AM
oh apparently we won. YAY US XD someone needs to IM ME when these rounds start otherwise I don't come to the forums!!! :P

Everoy
1st October 2006, 09:44 AM
[b][size=3]@Kevvaelli ~ I have received your pm pointing me out as a shifter. I don't really appreciate this kind of things to be send to my pm inbox. Thanks if you got my message.

That was a strategic move, I was trying to get myself killed instead of three specific other people.

This was a fun game, but a bit different from the mafia games I'm used to. A refreshing change, actually, after three years XD

I think humans PMing eachother kinda ruined that game for the shifters. By the second Dusk, I knew who Chiko-sai and Weasel Overlord (and mrpikachu) were. By the third Dusk, I knew who Heald, Ace64, Rude Boy, and vulpix.ck were. From then on, it was too easy. At first, I thought Chiko-sai and Weasel could be Shifters trying to win me over, but once mr_pikachu turned up Shifter, it was obvious that they were humans.

I think I'll have to moderate sometime, but I won't permit PMing unless your role specifically says you can.

Magmar
1st October 2006, 10:04 AM
You really can't restrict PMing. we'll do it anyway

Everoy
1st October 2006, 10:11 AM
You really can't restrict PMing. we'll do it anyway

Um, at the website where I normally play mafia, PMing is prohibited unless your role allows you to do so, and EVERYONE complys.

Dark-San
1st October 2006, 10:21 AM
[b][size=3]I know we can't restrict pm. But people can get the wrong idea on your pm purpose. It is deemed as childish to me. Especially when I am in a piss off and it all happens that you send me this pm together with the recent hacking pms.

Maybe I am just taking it a bit too personal but just to let you know my point above.

Everoy
1st October 2006, 10:25 AM
Okay, I apologize.

Magmar
1st October 2006, 11:17 AM
Um, at the website where I normally play mafia, PMing is prohibited unless your role allows you to do so, and EVERYONE complys.

Lies. unless the site is solely for mafia, and your PMing ability IS affected by your role, then I'm sure they do it anyway.

Everoy
1st October 2006, 11:27 AM
Lies. unless the site is solely for mafia, and your PMing ability IS affected by your role, then I'm sure they do it anyway.

It is almost solely for mafia, and I've been there for three years, so I think I know. I've played hundreds of games and moderated two or three.

Plantae
1st October 2006, 11:46 AM
I do not disallow private messaging for the sole reason that it adds to the role skill and strategy plays in the game. There is no justification for prohibiting human-to-human communication. Mechanics-wise, the shifters could actually have been called slightly overpowered in some respects this round; whether or not they exploited their powers to their full potential is another issue entirely. To introduce another perspective, you need to look at the storyline premise of the game too. Imagine there is a village of elders and a few of them shifters. Is it plausible to say that if the shifters are capable of sneaking away and being able to change forms without the others learning their secret, that a much easier act, humans conversing secretly, would be so difficult that they would be incapable of doing it? That seems preposterous to me.

I would add, also, that the shifters are just as capable of being deceptive through private message. I imitated an Elder successfully for the majority of one game, gleaning valuable information about the roles of the humans and from my position being able to steer their hostilities away from my fellows. The Shifters, myself included, eventually won that game due to this and the usual cooperation. In the process, we had only one casualty to our side: the Traitor (then High Elder) who was purified on the Dusk of our victory, having defected only a short time before that.

As for the current record of the Axis Mundi variant, it is something of a balance between sides. The Shifters have won four times out of seven, and the humans the other three. Private messaging has been allowed for all of them.

The shifter loss this round was based in poor communication and a sheer amount of luck on the human side. Every one of your hexes, Kevvaelli, found its mark despite the percent chance, the Traitor was inactive, etcetera. Of the persuasion of lack of cooperation, there was more than one Dusk in which there was some dissent amongst the Shifters as to who to kill. The Salamander was killed in the only way that regeneration had no effect: purification. The Monkey never used his ability; this one move would have thrown your hex in a different direction and would have been quite likely to get a human killed in the process. At the point where it was the Parrot and the Dhole, the Parrot should have used its abilities to gain the powers of another role, since the Dhole can kill alone anyway; the Parrot could have gained the abilities of the guardian angel and protected the Dhole from harm. The Parrot could have gained the abilities of the Tsetse Fly, Salamander, or Monkey, any of which could have helped heartily during gameplay. Or, being able to avoid the Oracle's third eye, could have imitated a human and manipulated the game in this manner.

Some of this may in part be due to confusion, though questions are always welcome. It remains that the best way to play the game is with what your role offers you; as an Elder, you have only what skill in deduction you possess. It pays to find a powerful ally. I would not deny anyone this by cutting off the ability to private message.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
1st October 2006, 11:53 AM
Xhin: Shifters do win. You guys were winning at first till Weasel and me started hyperventilating and PMing Kevvaelli and the other humans. It kinda depends if the humans are lucky enough to contact each other in time, since innocent human kills can and are made quite often without communication between humans.

If PMing was disallowed... I can safely say that humans would SO not win so 'often'.

Everoy
1st October 2006, 12:22 PM
Meh, I guess PMing makes it more balanced. My friends at the mafia website would consider a 16 player game with 5 scum roles, all of which having special powers, leaning too far towards scum.

Waves_of_Darkness
1st October 2006, 03:55 PM
This is what I love about this game. I happen to enjoy playing Mafia (especially the card game irl,) but this game adds in a ton of powers for everyone, plus you can talk to others (via pm) just like in the real life card game of Mafia.

I honestly believe that we just got unlucky. Shall we try another round and see the outcome?

Everoy
1st October 2006, 06:02 PM
plus you can talk to others (via pm) just like in the real life card game of Mafia.

The games that I play at mafiascum susually take longer because we talk a LOT during the day phase. Almost all of the posting in the games here is voting. Plus, here at TPM you can send multiple PMs at once while at mafiascum you can't. The thing about PMs is the private talking, which isn't a function of IRL games.

Plantae
24th October 2006, 08:56 AM
The circumstance keeping the next round on hold is now almost over. Expect the next round to arrive by Friday. I apologize for the delay.

mr_pikachu
24th October 2006, 09:07 AM
It's no problem. I'm going to assume that your non-response to my PM offer to run the round means you correctly realized I'm vastly underexperienced for such a task. ^_^

And no, I don't care whether underexperienced is a word. I'm using it anyway.