PDA

View Full Version : Salamence Typing

DaBlackBandit
22nd September 2006, 10:00 AM
There are so many Salemence out there, there is no telling which people are going to use, but I was wondering either which one you liked better, or which one you use the most. (Either in game or netbattle) Personally, I like the Choice Band Salamence, because he can OHKO a lot of things, and then switch out. Plus he's a power house physically and defensivelly, despite his huge Ice Weakness. So, what do you think?

Elec Man EXE
22nd September 2006, 10:06 AM
I hate Choice Bands, not being one to switch every 5 seconds it just doesn't work for me.

My Salamence is just my own "creation" and I'm thinking its probably not that great, but it works for me. And I like to build my pokemon's moveset on what the suits the pokemon's body and appearence, not just whats uber.

Anyway, mine has Dragon Dance, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, and Fly. I'd like to give him Flamethrower, seeing as he looks like a rather fiery dragon, but I don't want to lose Rock Slide or the STAB moves.

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd September 2006, 09:48 PM
[color=magenta]I usually use a Dragon Dancing Salamence, with Earthquake, Aerial Ace, and either Brick Break or Rock Slide. (Usually Brick Break because of Rock Slide's 90% accuracy.) It has been included in my Battle Frontier teams, and I have had mixed success with it.

frylock
23rd September 2006, 09:46 AM
I don't really use specific sets, but the Salamence I used to have had Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, and Crunch. I like Dragonite more, though.