PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2006: The road to Super Bowl XLI

Master Rudy
26th September 2006, 06:15 AM
Well seeing that we had a baseball topic I think it's about time for an NFL topic to discuss anything football related. Games, trades, players, week to week matchups and just about anything else one can think of.

After this past week I'm really excited about how the Bengals are looking. Granted they had some mistakes in last week's game with the Steelers but they turned it around in the end. Personally I think this game would have been a good example of how the 2006 AFC Wild Card game would have really went had Palmer not been injured. The Bengals got revenge and are off to a nice 3-0 start.

And for the record if Palmer wasn't injured then that overrated team that wears black and gold wouldn't have won Super Bowl XL much less gone to it :P

Scarlet Spider
26th September 2006, 03:56 PM
the bengals are pretty good despite their legal troubles, though carson palmer is playing a fraction of what he should be with all of his interceptions.

speaking of ints...my boy eli manning and the giants aren't looking very good right now. their defense has shown absolutely NOTHING this season and that eagles game was undeserving of a win, for the most part.

Perfect Chaos
26th September 2006, 05:10 PM
I have to agree with Scarlet Spider (Giants fan here too). We got MURKED by Seattle last week, and we only managed to make "close" (if that's what you call it) because the defense went easy on us during the last quarter. And while I REALLY love Shockey, the d00d needs to shut his trap. We were outPLAYED, but I hardly consider us of being outCOACHED. Hopefully, we can rebound after the bye-week.

-Sean

Master Rudy
27th September 2006, 01:23 AM
Yeah the Bengals sure have their hands full with Odell. All the reporters in Cincy keep asking Coach Lewis if they can get by without him but in all honesty I think they keep forgeting that we pretty much didn't have him last year either and we still got into the playoffs. Many people seem to forget that it's a TEAM effort. Granted losing certain players can really hurt but at the same time IMO your best teams will usually have a good mix of skill, experience and youth. If the guy doesn't straighten up his act real soon I see him having a very short NFL career.

As far as Carson goes give the guy time. He's never been seriously injured before but I think it won't be long before he's back to his old self. Granted I've never played football but I've gotten hurt before and done stupid things before. Sometimes when you go back to doing things you haven't done in a long time you second guess yourself. It takes time to get comfortable again.

Drago
27th September 2006, 06:09 AM
I couldn't have ask for the playoffs to go any differently. Granted, I would've liked the Bengals to have gone to the Superbowl, they were a fantastic team, but if the Steelers didn't go any further, would Cincinnati have beaten the Colts? Maybe, maybe not. It's a risk I don't want to take. I don't care if it's the Steelers, Bengals, or even the stinkin' Ravens, just as long as Paidaton and the Dolts didn't make it to Detroit.

On a related note, I'm a Titans fan. Remember them? Dropping from a playoff team to the doldrums of the AFC ain't pretty... we're pretty bitter nowadays, us sunny tackheads.
I didn't think Kerry Collins could look much worse than he did in Oakland, but lo and behold, a 42.3 rating leads the Titans into action; I sure hope that mook is giving Vince some damn good pointers. Chris Brown is nicked up (a phrase which could be inserted into any season), Travis Henry had some rumble in him in the first half vs. the Dolphins but still hasn't broken the 100-yard mark, and LenDale White just may be the second coming of Eddie George after all... Dallas Cowboys Eddie George. (harsh. Haven't given up on LenDale yet, would just like to see some more authority in there)
I'm one of the bold who predicted an 0-3 start, and I'm too far beyond to feel disappointment over the Miami loss. Should've had that game, but if the Titans won on 'should'ves', we might have been 9-7 last year. (Even better, 10-7 with a surprise upset over the bye week)

Those Texans look like fair game for a Titans squad wading through a third straight year of futility, but I can't see us beating anyone else. Jacksonville will stay on alert in week 15 to keep a firm hold on the wildcard, but even if they play Garrard late in the game, that's still outclassing us. Buffalo in week 16? Long shot. Losman can stack some yards against porous pass defences (ie., Titans), and as of yet, Tennessee has not caught a single interception. (one of two teams in the AFC without a pick, one of four in the NFL). The Patriots haven't got a big threat in their division right now, but the Jets are scrappy and Miami may get its act together in the second half of the season. In any event, New England won't be willing to lie down for Tennessee in week 17 either.
Aww what the hey, I'll give Tennessee a chance at 3-13. That way we're only one loss worse than last year. I shudder to think that we'll have to take another DB with the first round pick, rather, Vince Young to Calvin Johnson sounds nice. But then, Steve McNair to Tyrone Calico sounded nice too. :dead:

But I digress... Around the league, it's ups and downs all over the shop. Random thoughts... GO!
Superbowl looks hazy, maybe that's the tragic haze of Colts blue... The Bears and Ravens are a scary kind of mirror, how would that game play? I like defence as much as the next guy but it's better when there's an offence to play against... Carson Palmer will improve as the year goes on (scary when you consider he's already got a 92.9 rating), whereas Shaun Alexander is strugglin' like I thought he would (I mostly thought it'd be Hutchinson's absence, didn't see the injury coming)... The Cards look better on paper each year, but do a damn good job staying mediocre... The Thurmanator and Pacman Jones have a lot in common, the only difference is one of them doesn't have any interceptions... Peyton Manning has legs??? I thought he was just a torso with an arm, a noggin and a funny accent... My post-draft picks for rookies of the year was the duo of LenDale White and A.J. Hawk. Not any longer, I'd say Mr. Jennings would be a more likely Green Bay candidate... and finally, welcome back, Donovan McNabb. We missed you last year.

mr_pikachu
27th September 2006, 09:03 AM
Breaking News

The drama surrounding Terrell Owens gets crazier... quite literally.

Police: T.O. tried to kill himself (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-tosuicideattempt&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Yeah. You'll want to read this. Whoa.

Roy Karrde
27th September 2006, 09:18 AM
Go WFAA for breaking this!!!!

So the question comes to this: Do the Cowboys let him go, do they let him rest for a year, or do they let him come and heal by playing the most important game of HIS LIFE

mr_pikachu
27th September 2006, 09:24 AM
...My name isn't WFAA.

Frankly, I was surprised that anyone would be crazy enough to take T.O. for this season, and I doubt he'll be playing football after this year. Apparently GMs and coaches will deal with someone who doesn't care to practice or stay for the games, but I doubt they'll stand for a guy who's trying to really break his contract.

Roy Karrde
27th September 2006, 09:27 AM
DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, police said, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.

So XP Mr Pikachu! WFAA by the way is a local Television station who I guess just made world news. But really I dont see this as TO getting out of his contract, if he was on really strong pain meds then he could have just been out of it. If he really is depressed, then I know what he is going through, and maybe this will be a turning point for him.

Edit: TO is having a Press Conference, he did not attempt suicide, he was very out of it when he made a Police Statement ( Something I can relate to, when your on Pain Meds you are OUT of it ) and he will play on Sunday!

Master Rudy
27th September 2006, 09:57 PM
And it looks like the Madden Curse has struck again....
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6008578

Having gone to Shaun's high school I can tell you that not being able to get out there to play is going to drive him nuts. Such a shame this had to happen. I can tell he wants to play so bad but I'm also hoping Shaun takes it esy and lets it heal properly.

dratinihaunter13
28th September 2006, 06:03 PM
And for the record if Palmer wasn't injured then that overrated team that wears black and gold wouldn't have won Super Bowl XL much less gone to it :P

This is pretty unfair to say. It's likely that the Bengals, sharing a division with the Steelers and seeing them twice a year, may have had the best chance in last year's playoffs to knock them out with Palmer. Maybe even a better chance than Indy and the Broncos. But after the caliber of teams which Pittsburgh beat last year in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl, it'd be ridiculous to take any credit away from them, or to suggest Palmer's injury had anything to do with matchups between the Steelers and any other team not named Cincinatti. The superbowl winner every year is the team who got hot at the right time. The Steelers went in as the SIXTH seed in the AFC so it's kinda impossible to call them OVERrated that year. This year they could definitely be called overrated, but no matter how bitter an opposing fan is they should really show some respect to the superbowl champ.

And I love football and follow it religiously =D! Been following the steelers, seahawks, lions and eagles for a while now - so i guess those are my favorite teams. I'm really rooting for the Eagles this year, so donny mac can have a great season without "the player" as tuna so affectionately calls him.

Asilynne
28th September 2006, 09:23 PM
Ravens.
But all I know about football is what I learned in ESPN 2005 X-box game lol I learned that Jamal Lewis can run the ball really far and beat Rudy :D

Master Rudy
28th September 2006, 09:39 PM
This is pretty unfair to say. It's likely that the Bengals, sharing a division with the Steelers and seeing them twice a year, may have had the best chance in last year's playoffs to knock them out with Palmer. Maybe even a better chance than Indy and the Broncos. But after the caliber of teams which Pittsburgh beat last year in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl, it'd be ridiculous to take any credit away from them, or to suggest Palmer's injury had anything to do with matchups between the Steelers and any other team not named Cincinatti. The superbowl winner every year is the team who got hot at the right time. The Steelers went in as the SIXTH seed in the AFC so it's kinda impossible to call them OVERrated that year. This year they could definitely be called overrated, but no matter how bitter an opposing fan is they should really show some respect to the superbowl champ.

And I love football and follow it religiously =D! Been following the steelers, seahawks, lions and eagles for a while now - so i guess those are my favorite teams. I'm really rooting for the Eagles this year, so donny mac can have a great season without "the player" as tuna so affectionately calls him.

Sorry but seeing as I like Cincy do you honestly think I'm gonna show them an ounce of respect? Likewise I'm sure they feel the same way about us. And for the record I abhor Ben Rolthis....howeverthehellIspellmyf***ingname. The son of a bitch clearly cheated in the Super Bowl. He was tackled near the endzone made a quick look to see where the ref was and AFTER HE WAS DOWN reached his arm and the ball into the endzone! The Seahawks challenged it, the replay clearly showed it yet the ref was blind enough to still called it a TD. I say the f***er should have lost a few more teeth when he wrecked his bike this past summer.

Oh and Brandy ESPN may have been a better football game than Madden but keep in mind that ESPN's AI was a bit lacking at times :P

Perfect Chaos
28th September 2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I think the whole thing with T.O. was just another cry for attention by the biggest goddamn attentionwhore in NFL history. This guy is always begging to be in the news and I think at this point, he'll do almost ANYTHING to get in. Who knows, maybe in the next few weeks he'll slit his wrists, go to the hospital and then wake up saying that he "accidently" cut himself while trying to learn how to cook and that he didn't cut himself out of depression. Yeah, T.O., yeah, alot of people mistakenly overdose themselves because they don't know how much of their medicine their supposed to take even AFTER the damn doctor tells you how much to take.

Oh, and I hope the Giants rebound after the bye week and beat the living shit out of Redskins next week. That's definitely what we need.

Madden curse strikes again, as Rudy pointed out. I feel bad for Alexander too, I got MUCHO respect for the guy. Hopefully, he can come back within the two weeks and rush for another 1500-yd season.

And in the slight case he doesn't (don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to jinx him or anything) well....TIKI BARBER FOR THE RUSHING TITLE BABY, YEAH!!!!!!111111ONEONEONEONE.

Uh yeah, I think I'm done here

-Sean

dratinihaunter13
29th September 2006, 03:47 AM
Sorry but seeing as I like Cincy do you honestly think I'm gonna show them an ounce of respect? Likewise I'm sure they feel the same way about us. And for the record I abhor Ben Rolthis....howeverthehellIspellmyf***ingname. The son of a bitch clearly cheated in the Super Bowl. He was tackled near the endzone made a quick look to see where the ref was and AFTER HE WAS DOWN reached his arm and the ball into the endzone! The Seahawks challenged it, the replay clearly showed it yet the ref was blind enough to still called it a TD. I say the f***er should have lost a few more teeth when he wrecked his bike this past summer.

i really like your enthusiasm, but yea you can still show respect and root for a diff team. i love the steelers but i still think cincy has a top tier offense with a great opportunistic defense. that's being a football fan. another part of being a football fan is knowing the game well enough to make decent arguments instead of calling people cheaters? cheaters are you serious? wishing their accidents roughed 'em up a bit more? this feels like 2nd grade kickball calling people cheaters - 4 weeks into the next season even. let go and focus on your team this year, they look good.

this t.o. story might be overblown. it's hard to know for sure what his intentions are with those pills. one quote that really intrigued me was from a report from ed werder, where he said both the niners and the eagles had suggested psychological treatment for t.o. during his team at each team. t.o. was a bit insulted and refused any of those offers. i think the media and everyone in general will find it easy to assume a whole lot in this case. i mean t.o.'s a lightning rod already and if an injured hammy in the preseason takes front page news, then imagine an alleged suicide attempt. you feel bad for him sometimes, but after seeing the way he's treated teammates like mcnabb, franchises like the niners and the eagles, and all the prima donna shit he's done the last few years - after all that i kinda believe t.o. deserves the scrutiny.

t.o. does love attention tho, and it's kinda sick to think it, but maybe he set up this "fake suicide attempt" to gain some sympathy and attention? who knows. i can't wait for like.. 20 years from now when he has a tell-all special on espn or something. no i don't think his book was 100% honest.

Master Rudy
29th September 2006, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I think the whole thing with T.O. was just another cry for attention by the biggest goddamn attentionwhore in NFL history.

TO an attention whore? Hell yeah he's one but both Chad Johnson of the Bengals and former Cowboys player Deion Sanders are friends of his and both said they had spoken to him and that there was no was this could be true. Dallas police had recently released the 911 tapes and while I haven't heard them the police are admiting it was all a misunderstanding and that he wasn't trying to kill himself. As crazy as TO is I doubt he'd be crazy enough to OD on purpose.

When DH honestly your the first Steelers fan I've known that hasn't absolutely gone off on the Bengals. Grantd maybe I'm a bit harsh but I really did not like what I saw in the Super Bowl. Sportsmanship in sports is a big thing to me and when people do stupid things as far as I'm concerned it gives the younger kids that look up to them the wrong message. I don't care who it is. I know I always go on about how great Shaun Alexander is but had he done it instead of Ben I'd be going off on him just as much despite being Florence, KY's hometown hero. And let's use Chad Johnson as an example to prove I'm not biased. Some of the things he's done have been a bit over the top (the cell phone, the sign hidden in the endzone). Granted those two are mild IMO but he's got to be careful and not take it too over the top like TO did in Dallas a few years back when he was still with the Niners. Despite him being with the Cowboys now I still don't think I'd like seeing him do a jig on the star again (yes I also like the Cowboys). As far as Ben goes don't know if I could prove it since it's one play in paticular and no one else seemed to make a big deal about it but several people that I've worked with that saw that play agreed that he did cheat. I will say Ben's not a bad QB. He's far from it and he's got some skill but as far as respect went the little tiny bit I did have is absolutely gone now.

dratinihaunter13
29th September 2006, 04:00 PM
definitely know how you feel. i was pretty inconsolable after the eagles lost that superbowl against the pats. i was the driver for that party, so needless to say on the way back home my three other buddies in the car were a little nervous with me behind the wheel, lol. sportsmanship is important. and if i get the feeling that some refs are screwing over my team or the other guys are getting away with penalties... yea i'll get pissed ^_^.

what's the angriest thing everyone's ever done in the name of football? I've taken off my kordell stewart jersey (you know the year) and dumped it in the trash, then threw some pillows around the living room and laid out in my driveway looking up at the sky for maybe 2 and a half hours. never went back and got that jersey out the trash.

Master Rudy
29th September 2006, 04:58 PM
I'm tame.....at the most I've broken a few controllers over Madden..... ^_^;
And I was out of the NFL loop for awhile DH (up until about two years ago). Was that back when the Steelers lost Super Bowl XXX?

Drago
29th September 2006, 11:21 PM
Angriest I ever was was after actually losing a football match. Not due to losing, but due to my sucking out on the field. Fortunately I was too tired to express that anger at the time. Didn't take me long to forget that I was angry, though I'm still pretty bummed I got stiff-armed hardcore.

dratinihaunter13
29th September 2006, 11:36 PM
Didn't take me long to forget that I was angry, though I'm still pretty bummed I got stiff-armed hardcore.

ouch that's rough man >_<. we got flag football intramurals and it sucks when you know you aren't playing as well as ya can.

rudy i'm not sure it was that far back, it was the year when the steelers lost the afc championship game and the eagles lost the nfc championship game.

Roy Karrde
30th September 2006, 10:13 PM
HA! I can beat all of you in the angriest thing I have done in Football. It was in my Sophmore year, and I found out that some one that used to tease me and bully me was on the opposite team. We went into half time losing, and I was so pissed that I took my helmet off and threw it as hard as I could into the locker. Alot of my team mates freaked out, but I was PISSED.

Edit: Anyone see what Albert did during the Cowboys game? 300 Pound Defensive Linemen, took his foot and hit and scraped down a Offensive Linemen's face after his helmet was removed. And then he had the gaul to argue and throw his helmet down when the ref threw their flag. This man needs to be kicked out of the NFL. BTW The Offensive Linemen for the Cowboys got 30 Stiches to the eye, and had Blured vision afterwards.

Drago
2nd October 2006, 01:37 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard about Albert's antics before I even heard what the final score was. It's damn scary, incredibly disappointing for me as a Titans fan, and simply inexcusable. Marcus Vick got dismissed for less (though that was the 'final straw', Albert has been maturing each year and hasn't had anything of this sort occur. His record isn't spotless, though), and I wonder what the result will be. A year-long suspension? Will he get cut from the Titans? Banned from the NFL?
The first seems most likely. The NFL has been dealing with fiddly things like uniform rules and taunting penalties, it better maintain order here. From there I don't know what Jeff Fisher would do (assuming Fish is gonna be around much longer...). Haynesworth is beside himself with shame. I await Andre Gurode's response, but moreso, that of the NFL. A four-game suspension would definitely not sit well, considering it's popular opinion to outright take Haynesworth out of the league.

No doubt this is what is surfacing from three years of mediocrity for the Titans (not using this as an excuse, of course). Albert needed to be a definitive veteran, to help keep things balanced and keep morale up during dark times. He's been getting progressively annoyed each week (with his own play moreso than that of the team), and it was only a matter of time before things erupted... So incredibly unfortunate that they did in this way. Keith Bulluck and others on the team are definitely going to have some things to say about this.

Roy Karrde
2nd October 2006, 01:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2609563

Here is a link to a ESPN article that has a picture of the action. Either way this guy should get down on his knees and thank God that Larry Allen is not with the Cowboys anymore. The NFL wouldn't get a chance to do anything for Albert, becuase Larry would have killed him on the spot. Too bad ;/

Also I wonder if any charges will be filed against Albert? It was clearly Assault, and hitting with a Clete *sp * that led to 30 Stiches could count as a Deadly Weapon. The guy should be behind bars right now. Or the Cowboys should bring back Larry Allen when ever we face Albert again ^___^

Drago
2nd October 2006, 03:40 AM
I just saw the footage for the first time on SportsCenter... It was worse than I had thought. It wasn't a quick, spur of the moment thing. It was slow. Albert had time to consider the whole affair, it was as though he didn't care. He was not thinking clearly, to have a momentary lapse of judgement is bad enough, but this was... meticulous, in a way.

Scarlet Spider
2nd October 2006, 02:17 PM
i just watched the video. brutalll hit.
i wouldnt be surprised if he was suspended for the rest of the season.

and did anyone notice that the giants played their best game this weekend?

dratinihaunter13
2nd October 2006, 07:16 PM
the giants did have a great bye week ss ;)

as for haynesworth, it's despicable and the league's levied a 5 game suspension without pay. fisher did say that if the league's punishment didn't seem severe enough to the titans, then they'd take it upon themselves to punish haynesworth their own way. *scary* he was apologetic after an interview, but forget that, this was repulsive. an on field incident has never been penalized by more than a 2 game suspension until now...

Scarlet Spider
3rd October 2006, 09:57 PM

haha yeah apparently the giants didn't play and eli STILL managed to throw 3 interceptions...

well that didn't happen...but i wouldn't be surprised either

Master Rudy
5th October 2006, 12:43 AM

as for haynesworth, it's despicable and the league's levied a 5 game suspension without pay. fisher did say that if the league's punishment didn't seem severe enough to the titans, then they'd take it upon themselves to punish haynesworth their own way. *scary* he was apologetic after an interview, but forget that, this was repulsive. an on field incident has never been penalized by more than a 2 game suspension until now...

5 games is not nearly enough for an act like that. Son of a bitch could have ended his career or worse. Explain to me how this guy gets only five games when Odell gets a suspension for the whole year for a DUI? Not saying Odell was right. Far from it. However I see this as saying to the kids that look up to these guys "Drugs and alcohol are bad but it's perfectly ok to kick a guy in the head......"

~_~;

Drago
5th October 2006, 03:01 AM
I found what Albert Haynesworth did more offensive than what Travis Henry did last year... More than one game's worth of offensive, too.

Scarlet Spider
9th October 2006, 12:45 PM
I was quite impressed this week with matt Leinart's performance, but unimpressed with their inability to hold the lead. he's looking pretty good though.

I was also impressed with the Giant's defense. they definitely should've had more than one touchdown however, especially considering how well Manning was able to lead this offense.

and i personally dont think reggie bush can be as good in the nfl as he was in college. i really hope he proves me wrong, though

dratinihaunter13
9th October 2006, 03:17 PM
i'm trying to pick out a front runner so far for rookie of the year.. as far as the defense goes i haven't much of anything out of any defensive rookie. maybe a.j. hawk?

overall, i'd say the top rookie performer right now would be Greg Jennings. He looks great. Colston and Bush look good too.

Master Rudy
9th October 2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah I caught the 2nd half of the Giants/Skins game yesterday at the local laundromat. While I'm far from being a Giants fan I must say they did play well. The funny thing was it was more like a sports bar with all the Skins fans getting pissed :lol: (lives near DC)

mr_pikachu
10th October 2006, 06:08 PM
Sex! The Green Bay Packers! Sex WITH the Green Bay Packers! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApG8Uga5qt2AtZGxCygNyqKG2bYF?slug=ap-packersgroupie&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Yeah, so it's not exactly anything to do with this year's NFL. But it's still worth a read. XD

Jeff
10th October 2006, 08:22 PM
Dang, Ravens freakin lost, 13-3. At least they're off to a good start (undefeated up until now).

Pokemaster Ash
10th October 2006, 10:09 PM
Remember me? The poor guy who cheered his butt off when the White Sox won the World Series last year and has since had his baseball hopes for the Sox and Cubs crash and burn this year? I think you know where this is going...

GO BEARS!!! Wow, 5-0, and with 4 blowouts and 1 shutout! (Take that, Green Bay!) I don't even remember the Bears ever being this awesome before (then again, I was only 1 when they last won the Super Bowl). This is looking to be a VERY promising year if they keep this up. They're going to the playoffs this year, no doubt about it with the performance thus far, but the Super Bowl... Well, we'll just see how it plays out.

I hope they go undefeated so that stupid Dolphins team from the 70s shuts up, but that's just me.

dratinihaunter13
11th October 2006, 04:25 PM
how about donny mac outperforming t.o. last week? go eagles!!! the two deep balls from donovan really made my day. it showed he can make a deep threat out of somebody not named t.o., and that he can be a great quarterback without him. the eagles are just one of the surprise division leaders so far this year in the nfc - st. louis and new orleans are also heading their divisions. plus baltimore in the afc (good to see mcnair be successful).

Master Rudy
11th October 2006, 05:45 PM
I hope they go undefeated so that stupid Dolphins team from the 70s shuts up, but that's just me.

There are a few teams I'd like to see do this someday for the very same reason (Of course the two I'd like to see do it the most aren't doing it this year). Until it happens the '72 Dolphins will never shut up about being the only unbeaten team in NFL history.

Mark my words. It'll happen but the question is who will do it? While I'm far from a fan for the team I'll say Da Bears have a shot. So far the '06 team is playing better than the '85 team in the fact that they've allowed even less points so far than their 1985 counterpart did after their first five games. And anyone that knows NFL football knows how scary that '85 Bears D was.

Drago
12th October 2006, 03:26 AM
(good to see mcnair be successful).
Shaddup dh :p

I don't know if the Bears will be able to pull the goods this year; they've been dominating but nothing is certain in the NFL anymore. Why, tweak things here and there, and the Titans could've upset the Colts this week. It's always so damned random, no wonder I can't pick 'em worth a damn.

Pokemaster Ash
16th October 2006, 11:16 PM
Okay, they cut it WAAAAAAY too close on that one, but we'll take that win. The Bears manage to take a hopeless game and go 6-0. Whew...

Hopefully they'll take their off week next week and get their focus back. These close games are just killing me...

Roy Karrde
16th October 2006, 11:22 PM
My mouth is still on the floor. It is as if Arizona is TRYING to lose. I was talking to my mom on AIM a few minutes ago, and we both agree that: Arizona would find a way to lose against my 11 year old Brother's 5th Grade Flag Football team.

Drago
17th October 2006, 01:25 AM
I'm sorry, there were other games in the NFL?? It's awfully loud to hear the sounds of those games over all the WINNING the Titans were doing. Woooooooooo on the board with the one win, take that Houston!!

...Come on, we don't win often. I need this.

mr_pikachu
18th October 2006, 05:44 PM
Homeland Security skeptical about NFL stadiums threat (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2631048)

Sounds like there's been a threat of some "dirty bombs" being set off in various NFL stadiums this week. The threat doesn't seem at all credible, but it will still be interesting to see if there are any changes to the security measures in those arenas.

For reference, the threatened stadiums were those of New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland.

dratinihaunter13
18th October 2006, 06:33 PM
6 turnovers from their quarterback and the bears STILL win... omg...

craziest game all season by far

Scarlet Spider
20th October 2006, 12:28 AM
haha the bears game was crazy, but there are a few things i want to point out:

1. i don't think any of those fans ever thought that they were going to win that game. despite the big lead they had at the end of the first half, i think everyone was just waiting for the bears to come back.
2. you could tell the cardinals were gonig to relinquish the lead. they kept trying to run the ball. which, has been virtually impossible this year. the offensive line is good enough to hold up the pass rushers, but not good enough to create any holes for the edge
3. the cardinals shouldve been a lot more aggressive with theirn playcalling in the second half. the reason they got the lead was by throwing it, and they probably should've stuck with that since not much else was working.
4. what a ridiculous miss at the end, eh? gayyy.

oh, and the giants did pretty well this week too =)

Drago
22nd October 2006, 10:18 PM
And so the Cardinals face the ultimate humiliation... a loss to the dreaded Oakland Raiders. Those poor ol' Arizona blokes can't seem to do anything right, eh? I liked the Antrel Rolle pickup, the kid can't back pedal out of college. I liked the Kurt Warner signing, he's benched by year 2. I liked the Edgerrin James signing, he's seeing red jerseys bunched together before meeting up with a charming gentleman from the opposing team.
In retrospect, maybe the Cardinals o-line is just really good at pass-blocking. I mean, there's been no holes, right? If Edge just gave up on running and chucked the damn ball, he'd be right as rain... or Dane (1-1 and a TD, woo!)

And a final note; a marvellous performance from Tennessee. Two straight weeks without a loss, WOO! ...Suddenly from a division standpoint the Houston Texans scare me however. Yes, the Houston Texans. They throw Miami aside where we could not, then they bully the Jaguars, who I can't figure out this year. Next week oughta be close.

dratinihaunter13
23rd October 2006, 04:21 AM
yes i saw the falcons game. no - vick STILL can't throw (consistently).
he can't.

Roy Karrde
29th October 2006, 10:37 PM
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!?!!!!!

Romo looked awesome tonight, and they ran over the Panthers so easily! Bring on the Redskins!

Jeff
29th October 2006, 11:02 PM
I'll be chearing right along with you when they play the Redskins, like I always say, my two favorite teams are the Ravens and whoever's playing the Redskins.

dratinihaunter13
30th October 2006, 03:49 AM
was romo crying on the sideline before the cowboys won the game? can i get a confirm/deny on this?

Scarlet Spider
30th October 2006, 05:09 PM
i'm so glad the giants won, despite that crazy wind which should have given them a couple of more touchdowns.

and unfortunately romo isn as good as adverised, which is bad for my giants and their division title hopes booo

Jeff
5th November 2006, 09:34 PM
6 and 2!

Another win for the Ravens! And they didn't even do that good the year they won the Super Bowl.

dratinihaunter13
6th November 2006, 12:08 AM
i couldn't decide which qb i'd go with for #1 in the nfl. manning and brady are both rly rly good, so i decided i'd say whoever won this game was the best - Manning. rings or not!

oh, and if you can't throw against the lions secondary, you can't throw period. and everyone thought vick was a pocket passer all the sudden lol

Jeff
6th November 2006, 08:37 PM
Hmmm, I was going back and forth between games and at one point had to leave for work so I didn't catch this, but apparently the Ravens' coach got a little angry during the game and started using some words that let's just say would get him in trouble with the FCC, including an F-bomb, and yes they did get out. Sorry, don't have a source, heard it on the radio this morning.

Drago
26th November 2006, 10:05 PM
Alright, I thought I may as well get things up and running again, since I like boosting my postcount here, as well as discussing. A little.

It may come as no surprise to y'all, but I thought I would start the day off with an almighty cheer as my Titans take the Giants down, with a great day from Vince Young and Pacman Jones coming on, hardcore. It's another beautiful day in Titans camp, and I can just sit back and watch Coughlin reel.

This season has certainly been a lot more exciting for me than last year's, where the highlight of the year was either Tennessee beating Baltimore (which I thought would be the turning point of the Titans' season) or the Chargers breaking Indy's streak. This year, I've got Vince Young, LT racking in the fantasy points and the Cheese rumbling towards comeback player of the year (had a poor day today, though).

What're your highlights for this 2006 season? Late Superbowl picks? Anti-Peyton Manning rants?

Roy Karrde
26th November 2006, 10:14 PM
Highlight of this season? Two Words: Tony Romo. A basically unknown towel holder coming in and leading the team back from the brink of another destructive season. The man has become a local celeb, and is used in the same breath as Troy Aikman.

As for the late Superbowel picks, I would say a rematch of Colts vs Cowboys. With the Cowboys taking the victory again.

mr_pikachu
27th November 2006, 06:38 PM
Offense sells tickets, but defense wins in the playoffs. I'm looking Ravens-Bears, with Baltimore taking it in the end.

Yes, I'm biased toward Baltimore since I have them on my team. But I think it's reasonable nonetheless.

EDIT: What the hell did I just say? Changed my pick to not be completely idiotic. >_<

Asilynne
28th November 2006, 08:11 AM
I saw a commercial that the Ravens are playing the Bengals this thursday. My house is going to be a battlefield since Im partial to the Ravens and Rudy is having buttsecks with Cincys team XD I hope the Ravens kick their ass or Rudy will gloat for days :<

Master Rudy
28th November 2006, 05:37 PM
I saw a commercial that the Ravens are playing the Bengals this thursday. My house is going to be a battlefield since Im partial to the Ravens and Rudy is having buttsecks with Cincys team XD I hope the Ravens kick their ass or Rudy will gloat for days :<

I'm going to be like Broadway Joe and say that there is no way in hell Cincy is losing to the Ravens. It's impossible for them to lose in my eyes. Of course I say that about every single Cincy game so if they do lose I'm gonna go Super Saiya-jin on someone's sorry ass and then whip out my 9's and fire on any stupid pig that gets in my way!
:ssj:
:ingrams: :police:

In other words this rant was an excuse to use smilies that I've not seen in years ^_^() lol

Jeff
28th November 2006, 08:24 PM
That's going to be a big game. If the Ravens win it, they clinch the division, which is definitely a possibility, just let the numbers 8-2 speak for themselves :D

Master Rudy
3rd December 2006, 01:01 AM
WOOT! Brandy shall not hear the end of it now that Cincy have beaten Baltimore. You know you've got a good team when you can beat the division leader and keep them from clinching it. Extra brownie points are in order for keeping the Ravens shutout until the final minutes of the game. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go continue having this so called "buttsecks" with Carson, Rudi and Chad :D

And I do hope you sick bastards know that last part was a joke.... ^_^()

Asilynne
3rd December 2006, 01:49 AM
WOOT! Brandy shall not hear the end of it now that Cincy have beaten Baltimore. You know you've got a good team when you can beat the division leader and keep them from clinching it. Extra brownie points are in order for keeping the Ravens shutout until the final minutes of the game. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go continue having this so called "buttsecks" with Carson, Rudi and Chad :D

And I do hope you sick bastards know that last part was a joke.... ^_^()

Somebody please beat the bengals ;.; Rudys going to gloat til someone does lol

Jeff
3rd December 2006, 08:28 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before the gloating over the Bengals-Ravens game would commence. Ah oh well, at least the Ravens are still doing great (8-3, but my brother says 9-3, I'll have to check that). I am happy with the fact that at least the Ravens were able to prevent the shutout at the very end, unfortunately they fell short of the awesome second half they're known for to win it.

Ok, so it looks like they are 9-3, so says Wikipedia. And I did get some more good news, Navy beat Army for the fifth year in a row, so I'm still happy.

Roy Karrde
3rd December 2006, 06:21 PM
43 YARD KICK COWBOYS WIN THE GAME. THE TEAM OF DESTINY BABY!

Perfect Chaos
3rd December 2006, 06:55 PM
Roy: I hate you and your effing 'Boys :p. Unfortunately for me, I have to say that the Giants season is basically done with. Sucks to be me and Scarlet Spider

Roy Karrde
3rd December 2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Perfect, where was Shockley and his Guaranteed Win? Hmm? I remember two weeks back he said that there was no way they would lose to the 'boys.

kainashi
4th December 2006, 08:26 AM
i hate shockey. :mad:

weird day of games this week though. O_O i was surprised.

Drago
10th December 2006, 02:19 AM
Gloat all you like kiddies, this year is all just a wee little game you see, for the baby crocodile known as the Tennessee Titans. You thought you flushed them down the toilet two years ago, but they're back. And they've been snapping at teams more and more the bigger they get... Take out the Eagles... Take out the Giants... 'til now, they have picked up a win over the Indianapolis friggin' Colts. How do you like DEM apples, huh? Huh??

Vince Young will be the real deal in this league, Travis Henry is resurging bit by bit, and suddenly the D plays a little bit of D, love that 32!! The question is, how long will it be 'til that baby croc ain't a baby no more?

Roy Karrde
10th December 2006, 02:29 AM
I will agree with you on one thing man, Vince Young is a beast. I followed him when he was the QB for Texas, and that guy is awesome. And if you want to see a true win against the Colts, watch the Cowboys vs the Colts a few weeks ago. That was more of a win that a simple uber field goal. The Titans may be up and coming, but it will be next year. This year belongs to either the Saints or the Cowboys. And in about 15 hours we will find out who.

Drago
17th December 2006, 09:01 PM
5-win streak sound good to y'all? Sounds wonderful to these tackhead ears. Second-longest streak in the NFL at the moment. Nearly three-quarters the D was on the field against the Jags, sounds like awful scheming by Schwartz again, outplayed by the heart of the players. See you in the Pro Bowl, Chris Hope!!
I can't seem to figure out the Bills, they're doing well now and may be the team to pull the upset and put the Titans streak to an end (or would an upset be the other way round?), but I just can't grasp the idea of them being a threatening team. I'll tip toward the Titans, but something... isn't sitting right.

I guess now's an appropriate time to make an estimate here, who really is the worst team in the NFL? Our prime candidates; the Oakland Raiders and Detroit Lions, each at 2-12. Personally, I say the Lions. They're hopeless in nearly (possibly all) facets of the game, and it's saddening to see Jon Kitna wallowing in such filth. I ponder both teams' decision to pass up on Matt Leinart when they both stink at QB (Kitna and Aaron Brooks looked okay at the time, I guess), but hindsight is 20/20.

Clearly in Raiders camp, Huggy Bear's son Justin (Fargas) is not a juggernaut in the starting role, that team needs a healthy and productive LaMont Jordan, as well as some receivers who play to their potential!! (I would've thought Randy Moss and Jerry Porter would have been the best pair of WRs over Anquan Bolden and Larry Fitzgerald... hey, they ain't doing great themselves. Proof that great WRs can't shine without a run game to keep defences off them). My friend is still trying to conjure up some voodoo to bring Rich Gannon and Jerry Rice out of retirement, but until that time, the offence is just gonna keep on sputtering along, wasting a turnover-providing defence.

What can be said about the Detroit Lions that hasn't been said repeatedly in the past? I thought Joey Harrington sucked hardcore, turns out in Miami he's just average, not terrible. This franchise needs a major overhaul, and the first man to be exiled should be Matt Millen. I'm prone to blame the people off the field for the failings of the players, so Millen shalt feel my wrath and the wrath of unhappy Detroit fans. I dislike pretty much everything about Detroit, the coaching each year, the core of players, the color scheme, and that crummy logo. Seriously, that logo should've been done away with at the beginning of the millenium.

Beyond those two infamous bumblers, the rest of the quagmire seems muddled. Arizona have young talent, but this was meant to be their year to turn it around. Even last year was supposed to be the 'turn of the franchise', a franchise with a history that can be described as, at best, embarrassing. Dennis Green hasn't got the answers, hopefully the next coach will be able to mould the team after Marvin Lewis' Bengals. The tools are there, let's put them to work, eh?

Cleveland... ho-hum, a routine year for them. Every year they look like they're getting better, when they manage to just remain as mediocre as ever. I hate seeing players I like (LeCharles Bentley, Joe Jurevicius), head to the Browns, the team where careers come to die. ...Kidding, kidding. Reuben Droughns can be the workhorse, ala Eddie George, but he needs players around him with heart and the will to win. Every player wants to win, it's just a matter of who can give more than they've got, dedicate themselves to their franchise and come out on top. Does Charlie Frye have 'it'? I don't think so, but we shall see.

The Houston Texans passed up on Reggie Bush, Vince Young and Matt Leinart to fill a position of need. Positions of need can always be filled in, special players cannot. You do not place need over spectacular individuals, even if the Texans were still lousy without Mario Williams, that could be addressed in the next draft. By win/loss record, David Carr has become the Joey Harrington of Houston, and it's not at all Carr's fault. He's been plagued with the worst pass-blocking line I could ever name, and this has to rattle his nerves. All his mental mistakes, all the times he couldn't put the team on his shoulders, I have to believe that part of that is that he's out there fighting for his life on a regular basis; if he's not getting running frantically or getting sacked, no doubt he's just expecting it on the next play. Without Domanick Davis this year, Carr's pressure is increased. He's been good statistically, with an 87.5 rating, but when he has to wrap it up for a win, he couldn't step up, and I reckon pretty soon he'll have to step out. ...Now then, how 'bout that genius pick of Courtney Brown, err... Mario Williams?

Tampa Bay... wow. I did not see this fall coming, and I can't figure out how much of it has to do with the absence of Chris Simms. Cadillac's broken down, and even with names like Ronde Barber and Derrick Brooks on the team, the Bucs are little more than an automatic win for opposing teams. We'll see how they go when Simms returns, then I can conclude whether Carnell's miserable sophomore year has to do with the lacking passing game.

As for Arizona? I think they lose to keep their proud history going. I reckon they should swap o-lines with Houston for a couple games, see if maybe they prefer running the ball. Edgerrin James says yes. I still say he should've gone to Miami when Ricky Williams retired the first time.

Now as the playoff picture becomes clearer and shinier, there are more teams than expected scrambling toward that window before it slams shut in their face, including my beloved boys in two-tone blue... I'm looking forward to the playoffs already, and seeing who Peyton Manning chokes against first. :D

kainashi
17th December 2006, 09:59 PM
ford needs to fire millen then sell the team to someone who might actually try building a decent team.

Jeff
19th December 2006, 08:29 PM
What an awesome headline on today's Baltimore Sun: CLINCHED!

Finally for the first time since '03 the Ravens are definitely heading to the playoffs!

Roy Karrde
19th December 2006, 08:49 PM
Hey guys I am heading to the Cowboys vs Eagles game on Christmas night! My Dad got midfield, about ten or so rows behind the Cowboys' bench. It will be so freaken awesome!

Drago
19th December 2006, 10:57 PM
What an awesome headline on today's Baltimore Sun: CLINCHED!

Finally for the first time since '03 the Ravens are definitely heading to the playoffs!

If the Titans don't nab the wildcard, you can be certain that I'll be pulling for the Ravens to win the Superbowl. I so passionately want McNair to claim that Lombardi trophy. I'm just terrified that if the Ravens do go to the Superbowl, Derrick Mason will look over his shoulder in the dying seconds and suddenly spot Dyson running onto the field calling for the pass.

Let me declare officially, the Pro Bowl is a joke. No Titans selected for the third straight year. No Keith Bulluck, Chris Hope, Kevin Mawae or Pacman Jones, instead, we get 'pumpin' Shawn Merriman, 'hairy' Troy Polamalu and 'I'm a Raven' Chris McAllister. I'll take my memories of Steve McNair to Chad Johnson touchdown and be done with the rest of it.

EDIT: Oh yeah Roy, I wish you all the best for the Cowboys/Eagles. Rivalry games are always good, but you seem to have found the most exciting time to be in the crowd. A very merry Christmas, indeed!!
I hope for your sake the Boys win, though I'll be cheering for Philly myself, sorry. I'm a Garcia mark. ;)

Master Rudy
24th December 2006, 09:08 PM
Such a shame to see Cincy's playoff chances gone over a bad snap in the last minute of their game against Denver.....oh well. I can take comfort in the fact that the Steelers are also out ^_^

Asilynne
28th December 2006, 04:30 PM
Such a shame to see Cincy's playoff chances gone over a bad snap in the last minute of their game against Denver.....oh well. I can take comfort in the fact that the Steelers are also out ^_^

HAHAHAHAHA! I mean thats too bad Ru-sa :D

Hey are the ravens still in the playoffs?

Jeff
28th December 2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, didn't you see my above post? Heh, I don't think the Baltimore Sun could have made if more obvious, one of the biggest headlines I've seen since 9/11. Anyway they've clinched the division and as far as I know are second in the conference.

dratinihaunter13
1st January 2007, 01:08 PM
Wow, some crazy endings this season but here are the ranks for the playoffs!
AFC
1. Chargers
2. Ravens
3. Colts
4. Patriots
5. NY Jets
6. Chiefs

NFC
1. Bears
2. Saints
3. Eagles
4. Seahawks
5. Cowboys
6. NY Giants

Saturday matchups: Chiefs at Colts, 'Boys at Seahawks
Sunday: Jets at Pats, Giants at Eagles

Picks anyone? Superbowl picks? I'm really excited for these matchups. Jets-Pats looks to be my fave. Mangini vs. Belichik can't wait!! also i love the seahawks and the eagles so those games will be awesome to watch. and i lived in kc for a few years, so a lot of my family's big chiefs fans. then of course there's peyton's ongoing journey for a superbowl ring. Playoff time baby!!!

mr_pikachu
1st January 2007, 03:31 PM
I reiterate my earlier call: Bears vs. Chargers/Ravens. I'll say Ravens, since Tomlinson's beginning to falter.

The game itself will be close... Ravens 17, Bears 13. There's the call.

Oh, and Colts will be upset by the Chiefs in round 1. No run defense + miracle opponent = short playoffs. You know it to be true.

Master Rudy
3rd January 2007, 12:03 AM
Damn.......Cowboys, 'Hawks and Jets are my three alt teams so having all three in the playoffs makes picking one a pain in the ass. I've love to see the Jets since they've not won a Super Bowl since 1969. But then we've got the Cowboys for nostalga. The very first football game I watched was Super Bowl XXX. And finally we come to Seattle. I've got my fellow HS allumni Shaun Alexander with them and it would be absolutely awesome to see a hometown boy come home with a ring.

Decisions.......

Asilynne
6th January 2007, 02:09 PM
Damn.......Cowboys, 'Hawks and Jets are my three alt teams so having all three in the playoffs makes picking one a pain in the ass. I've love to see the Jets since they've not won a Super Bowl since 1969. But then we've got the Cowboys for nostalga. The very first football game I watched was Super Bowl XXX. And finally we come to Seattle. I've got my fellow HS allumni Shaun Alexander with them and it would be absolutely awesome to see a hometown boy come home with a ring.

Decisions.......

Hey Um....what happened to the Bengals?? Ooh and um....the ravens are still in the running arent they :D

Yeah Im a bitch lol <3 you Rudy XD

Drago
6th January 2007, 09:22 PM
*wanders up quietly behind Asi and Jeff, wearing his old McNair jersey* Say, any room on that bandwagon for one of your donors? Yup, I'm following the Ravens all the way to the Superbowl, strictly to see my boy Mac pick up that Superbowl ring that should have been his six years ago. Come on Baltimore, y'all made it all the way on a mighty defence once, surely you can do it with a QB better than Trent 'up for rent' Dilfer?

Was a thrillride for Titans fans this year; if that lousy Kerry Collins hadn't ruined our season from the beginning, it would've been the Jets watching from home while Tennessee makes a run for the championship. Whatever, next year it'll be different. The Colts are on the downslide, while things are looking up for us tackheads. Vince the prince will take us all the way, and guys like Keith Bulluck will get the recognition they deserve.
And say everybody, how's every other team's offensive rookie of the year going? Oh, sorry, not everyone has one of those... lol I'm taunting people from a team out of the playoffs. Weird.
Oughta be interesting to see where Tenn turns in FA; Nate Clements is asking for a bit too much, I would love to see Asante Samuel in the two-tone blue... As for DE, I guess anyone would be better than Travis LaBoy. Eck.

First things first, let's watch with glee as Larry Johnson and the Kansas City Chiefs obliterate those lousy Dolts.
EDIT: And then, I can kick myself in the teeth for failing to realise that they'd already played, and those lousy ponies came out on top. It's crunch time Baltimore, don't let me down...

Jeff
13th January 2007, 08:39 PM
*Dodges riots in the streets to get home from work

I can't believe it, 15-6 and not a single touchdown, most importantly not the touchdown that would have won it for Baltimore towards the end. Ah, oh well congrats to the Colts, may you get your butts kicked in the AFC championship game ;).

Ghost
13th January 2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah baby! So Far all my Superbowl Picks are right. Overall I have a Saints vs San Diego SUper Bowl with the Following picks so far...

Saints Over Eagles
Seahawks over Bears (Longshot, I know)

San Diego Over Pats (Close game)
Colts over Baltimore (Games already over)

Saints over Seahawks
San Diego over Colts (LDT shreds them up in that game)

Then Finally, i'm going to have to pick Saints over San Diego. THough they may not be able to stop LDT, The Saints have Reggie Bush, McAllister, Brees, Colston, Horn (should be playing) Henderson, Copper... I just think they will beat the Chargers 34-27 in a close game.

Pokemaster Ash
21st January 2007, 05:44 PM
Whoa... Who ordered the murder?

In one of the most impressive displays I've seen, the Bears simply massacre the Saints with a score of 39-14. Four touchdowns, three field goals, and even the oft-unseen safety, which was the result of an intentional grounding penalty on Drew Brees, one of TWO he got nailed for in this game.

Rex Grossman started out slow, but when the second half came around he was on fire, as was the Bears' offense and defense. Also the Saints just buckled under the pressure with a lot of fumbles in that game.

Coach Lovie Smith got his gatorade shower at the two minute warning, and the Bears are headed to the Super Bowl! Go Bears!

Master Rudy
22nd January 2007, 12:30 AM
Well it's set! It's going to be the Bears and the Colts in Super Bowl XLI! Being raised in Cincy gives me no love for the Colts so I'm gonna say the score will be:

Bears: 57
Colt: 2

I'll give them the safety.....
(10 pts if you know the refercence ^_~)

.hacker
22nd January 2007, 08:21 AM
This is the first time the Bears will be in the Super Bowl since XX, which was 21 years ago. As long as Grossman can play another good game, and the defense keeps going strong, the Bears will have the game.

Jeff
22nd January 2007, 05:53 PM
Considering how screwed I still feel by the Colts, I'll have to root for da Bears.

Drago
22nd January 2007, 06:49 PM
Damn, damn, DOUBLE DAMN. It's hard to express just how much contempt I have for the Colts, though I reckon anyone who sees a hated division rival go to the Superbowl knows exactly how it feels. Now, there's only one step left before Peyton Manning will forever be hanging over my head, with the one-Lombardi benchmark that can never be taken away.
None of the teams along the way could stop them, not even the Patriots with a 21-3 lead. Now, only my second-favourite team can end Manning's reign of terror. If Indianapolis goes to the Superbowl and falls short, he won't have a leg-up over Steve McNair's Titans of 99/00. This is it. This is the time of my life when I care most who wins the Superbowl, save the aforementioned Titans effort.

The Colts can't win this. They can't. Brian Urlacher my friend, it's time to smack some Dolt.

mr_pikachu
22nd January 2007, 07:00 PM
To be honest, I was pleased to see Indianapolis win - though only because I have a grudge against the Pats after they toppled the Rams for the title several years back. Still, I don't care much for teams that focus so heavily on the performance of one player, and the Colts are practically football's definition of a one-man team. Plus, Chicago has that whole miracle factor going (despite being the #1 seed)... gotta go with the Bears here.

Grossman needs to get to work early and establish the passing game early; that'll allow the backs to do their stuff against Indy's pitiful rush defense. Some stops by the Bears' big men will also help to strain the Colts' game plan. It won't be an easy game by any means, but these are the two biggest keys to victory.

dratinihaunter13
23rd January 2007, 02:05 PM
I'm so happy for Peyton. Did you see how he could hardly watch Brady make that final drive? He just looked at the floor the whole time. Then when the Colts D picked off Brady, Manning couldn't hold back that smile. I've never seen him happier, and I think he's due for a ring. I just still can't explain how his team lost to the likes of the Texans during the regular season. Postseason's all that counts I guess.

Grossman's an upstart, and he's due for a signature melt-down.

I'll definitely be rooting for the Colts and Dungy this superbowl, but the game should be pretty good. Both teams are pretty bipolar and I dunno which ones will show up. Prediction to come later.

Drago
26th January 2007, 12:46 AM
You're dead to me Martin. If the Colts win I'm coming straight for you. :pirate:

Green_Pikachu
31st January 2007, 08:54 PM
As much as I want the Colts to win, I think all signs are pointing to the Bears for victory.

They have the better defense, are playing the underdog role (again), and have enough fire power on offense to score the points they'll need. Rex having a meltdown is a moot point, because the Bears will gameplan around him. They'll let him make throws off play-action, but otherwise restrict what he'll be doing. I doubt we see Rex throw more than 25 times Sunday. I don't think he'll need to anyway. Jones and Benson will have a nice game, and keep Manning off the field enough so that he can't get "in the zone".

I'm gonna go with the Bears: 24-20.

Drago
4th February 2007, 10:28 PM
I doubt I need to do this, but I've never used the spoiler tag before and it seems too neat to go unused, so...
Indianapolis Colts
Superbowl XLI Champions
29-17

This damage is gonna sit with me for... well, pretty much forever. I'll be over this intense funk by tomorrow, but nothing will take away the fact that these Colts did what my Titans could not. Indeed, there's always next year, geez I've got my whole lifetime to see the Titans win the Superbowl, but Peyton Manning will be Superbowl victor forevermore.
Anyway, congrats Colts. The last three years were just a scarefest for me, first as they threaten to go 16-0, and by season's end, to see if they take the championship. Now, they've pulled it all together; and what better story? They won because their defence was alive when it mattered. They won even though the Bears showed what they were about in the first kickoff. They won, climbing over Steve McNair along the way. And they won, with Peyton Manning (incorrectly) titled Superbowl XLI MVP.
No need now for me to cry foul when the most hated rivals take the championship, I know that as bitter as this result is, a Titans Superbowl victory will relieve all pain. After all, I'm a Titans fan first, Colts hater second. :)

Congratulations again to the Indianapolis Colts, who win, and, as evident in their playoff run, who deserved it.

dratinihaunter13
4th February 2007, 10:37 PM
I'm very happy for Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy. They definitely deserve this superbowl along with many hard-working veterans on that Colts team. As for the SB XLI MVP, I'd probably give it to Addai or Bob Sanders instead of Peyton, but c'mon it's Peyton Manning and I don't think the Colts could have win this game without him either. Congrats Peyton, get that ring baby!

.hacker
4th February 2007, 11:13 PM
I have to admit, but this game sucked.... >_>

Jeff
5th February 2007, 11:45 AM
Well, all in all the season was a disappointment for this Baltimore native. Just when my hopes were up they got crushed in that 15-6 loss that could have gone either way right up to the end. All I wanted to see after that was someone beating the Colts. Oh well, there's always next season, until then... *grabs Orioles cap and waits till Spring.

Drago
5th February 2007, 08:21 PM
I have to admit, but this game sucked.... >_>
Both teams were sloppy, the Bears offense was downright dreadful and in the end it was a two-possession game, but I personally thought the game was pretty exciting to watch. Maybe it's just that I wanted the Colts to lose so bad that I was more interested, but I thought the turnover-filled, frustrating first-half stalemate was pretty good to watch. Christ, it was a lot better than last year's Superbowl; really bad officiating pisses me off, and this year it was pretty good to excellent.

Green_Pikachu
5th February 2007, 10:23 PM
the game was really good, ESPECIALLY the first half. the turnovers were expected in those conditions, it wasn't the players' faults. it was POURING for a majority of the game, thus making the ball very slick (5 fumbles, rex botched a few snaps, and the colts botched an extra point).

and, rex grossman deserved the MVP more than anyone, because he won the game for the colts with his terrible play. he stood out the most (albeit, negatively) of anyone else on the field.

dratinihaunter13
6th February 2007, 01:45 AM
I miss football =(.

Drago
6th February 2007, 03:13 AM
I have a feeling Rex will get over this real fast. He made mental errors in the Superbowl, not hard to do. He was dreadful, granted, but he's got the confidence and the Favre mentality, if he doesn't dwell on this, I can see him making up for it in about four or five years time.

And don't worry Martin, we'll soon have the Pro Bowl! (Once dubbed the Farce Bowl, alleviated of that title due to it now having the presence of Vince the Prince.)

mr_pikachu
8th February 2007, 12:25 AM
Bears fan loses bet, prepares to change name to Peyton Manning (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bears-fannamechange&prov=ap&type=lgns)

And that's why you shouldn't gamble.