PDA

View Full Version : All pokemon icons revealed... Surprises and dissappointments!!

frylock
26th September 2006, 06:08 PM
I hate posting links, but this is amazing!!

http://pokeguide.filb.de/icons.php

On this website it shows every single pokemon icon... Including DP!!! It includes several startling evos most are just guesses, so you can have oyur own opinion but here are my thoughts on'em: Misdrevious(evo), Porygon (pre-evo I think), Magmar(evo), Tangela(evo), Aipom(evo), Yanma(evo), Gligar (evo maybe), Murkrow (evo), Possible grass ice eevee evo, Weird Guardevoir scyther looking freak, Lickitung (evo), Nosepass (evo), Togetic (evo), Swinub/Pilsowine (evo), most likely Chimecho (evo)...

It is really crazy, most of my examples are just educated guesses, but they are pretty well educated... Porygon3... or (.5)... who knows...

mr_pikachu
26th September 2006, 06:20 PM
Actually, posting links to outside sites is usually fine, as long as you post to the specific material rather than the main site. (You seem to have done that here.)

But although I usually trust filb, it's a little hard to believe they'd have all these icons before anyone else. Have you seen any reference to where they got them?

frylock
26th September 2006, 06:41 PM
Actually, posting links to outside sites is usually fine, as long as you post to the specific material rather than the main site. (You seem to have done that here.)

But although I usually trust filb, it's a little hard to believe they'd have all these icons before anyone else. Have you seen any reference to where they got them?

Well, not really, but they do seem pretty serious, as they are pretty accurate and such...

They might be fake, but they seem real, Either way, if they are real then they are pretty cool!

Everoy
26th September 2006, 06:45 PM
Looking at serebii, their genuineity... genuineness... GAH how genuine they are seems confirmed to be true.

frylock
26th September 2006, 07:22 PM
Most of the new guys seem to be evolutions, looking through it again I see Magneton, Rhydon, Sableye, Dusclops, and two pokemon that could be a Bannette split evolution. Manafi and Lucario have pre-evos as well. I can't believe they have a Yanma evolution, but no Shuckle or Dunsparce evolution.

Shadow Djinn
26th September 2006, 07:55 PM
The icons are real. IIRC they're ripped from the ROM.

Arnen
26th September 2006, 09:54 PM
Some of those like neat. I want Pachirisu and the bunny thing. o.o I am disappointed by the lack of variety, though. A lot of those seem to just be evos or pre-evos, with less kinds of new and unique Poke's. ><

Jeff
26th September 2006, 10:41 PM
Murkrow gets an evo too. I'm surprised at how many seem to be related to the old pokemon and two new Eeveelutions! Some of them I'm really intrigued about and can't wait to find out their relationship to each other let alone to old pokemon.

Base stats and types can be found on this page (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=152027). Not sure if they match up with the ordering of the icons on Filb's list, but definitely worth looking at.

Edit: looks like they do!

TKnHappyNess
26th September 2006, 11:09 PM
Hmm... I had a theory about this. Could this be true?

http://pokeguide.filb.de/dpicons/422.gif --> http://pokeguide.filb.de/dpicons/423.gif --> http://pokeguide.filb.de/dpicons/131.gif

DarkestLight
26th September 2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I spent trhe last few hors comparing base stats to the icons. The eeveelutions are primarily Def-with high Atk and Sp Atk That gives us 7 Eevees each with a balanced structure. All we need now is our Dragon Eevee, and we have all the special Eevee's taken care of.

Here's something interesting. With this generation and the amount of evolutions, pre or post, I compiled a list of who has yet to be touched from each generation.

RBY: Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Ditto, Pinsir, Aerodactyl.

GSC: Dunsparce, Skarmory, Girafarig, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Heracross, Corsola, Delibird, Stantler, Miltank, Smeargle

RSE: Sableye, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Illumise, Volbeat, Lunatone, Solrock, Zangoose, Seviper, Torkoal, Spinda, Castform, Kecleon, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Tropius, Absol

Now, I know there is some speculation about Sableye having an evolved form, I dunno, that don't look crap like Sableye, but then again, Octillery dosen't look shire like Remoraid, now does it? And for like Miltank and Tauros, I'm sure they'llhave some common pre evo- same with Kangaskhan-they'll make a pre-evo and a branch Evo.

And wtf is up with Gardevoir and the Scyther blade killer look? Musta got tired of being called a girly mon...

Now, for Pokemon that will mostly likely get another evolution-since ones similar to them got a third-or second.

RBY: Jynx, Mr Mime, Dodrio, Eggexcute

GSC: Xatu, Donphan

RSE: Glalie, Grumpig, Banette

All in all, I think that no Pokemon will be left without having at least one evo. o.o So yeah, I believe there will be one more generation.

Weasel Overlord
27th September 2006, 04:13 AM
[color=silver]Argh, dizzifying! It hurts me eyes to try and identify those buggers! >< But some of those possibly legendaries look intreguing... one looks a bit like Mew ^_^

Jeff
27th September 2006, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I spent trhe last few hors comparing base stats to the icons.
Did the same here :P

Serebii and Coronis from SPP have been playing the game and posting their findings in the thread I linked to above, which includes some full-size sprites, and some the old pokemon that will be returning (may give some hints as to exactly who gets an evo/prevo).

Anyway, does anyone know if any sites have extracted all the full-size sprites yet?

DarkestLight
27th September 2006, 09:47 AM
Serebii and Coronis from SPP have been playing the game and posting their findings in the thread I linked to above, which includes some full-size sprites, and some the old pokemon that will be returning (may give some hints as to exactly who gets an evo/prevo).

That, or the official artwork? I really would prefer that over the sprites. Heck thinking about it, do I have official art work of any of the Deoxys yet?

Jeff
27th September 2006, 12:09 PM
I'd like to see the artwork too, but given the state of things now, it's more likely that we'll be getting sprites before all of the artwork (btw, Filb says he's working on the sprites edit: actually that's pika from Filb's site).

frylock
27th September 2006, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty sure the base types match, the starters types, Palkia and Diaruga's types, and a bunch of pokemon whose types are already revealed match up. If they do, the slicey Gardevoir is psychic/fighting, the fat mouse Beaver guy is Normal/Water, and the creepy vampire thing towards the end is pure Dark. All the evolutions types match up as well, except the thing that looks like it could be a Nosepass evo is Rock/Steel.

EDIT: I found what could be a Dunsparce evo. He's the goofy yellow whitish guy near Diaruga and Palkia. According to the type list, he's pure Normal. I knw it seems stupid to place an evo after the legendaries, but you never know.

rinku
27th September 2006, 07:47 PM
The raw stats/type list matches the icon list right up to #493, when it gets a little weird :)

Filb has posted a revised icon list today that shows that the last 6 icons are in fact alternate icons for earlier types. However, note that the box icons don't include different ones for Deoxys or Unown forms - there will be a bunch of extra sprites in the full sized list, as well as this gender thing.

Supposedly, in the stats list, #494 and 495 are blank (the ones with all stats at 10 and type Normal/Normal), with #496-498 matching up with Deoxys stats. 499/500 don't seem to match up.

I have to admit, I'm excited! The extra evolution stages for a lot of previously 1 or 2 stage types is going to be nice for those of us who already use those types. I like a lot of the new designs, and there are a bunch of interesting new type combos.

frylock
27th September 2006, 07:54 PM
Pokemon I'm looking forward to:

The Ghost/Dragon

Piloswine's evolution

Murkrow's evolution

Tangela's evo

Magmar's

Those Ice/Grass types

That bee that turns into a honeycomb, then that huge...thing.

Jeff
27th September 2006, 11:07 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm really psyched about the new eeveelutions. Has anyone noticed that their types, Grass and Ice, lend them to representing Summer and Winter, kind of like how Espeon and Umbreon represent day and night? Not saying that we'll evolve them those times of the year, but they might get weather moves associated with them though, like Sunny Day and Hail. Yeah, even though SD wouldn't be that useful on the Grass type.

Poryhedron
27th September 2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, even though SD wouldn't be that useful on the Grass type.

Sunny Day allows you to fire Solarbeams every turn, it increases the effectiveness of the Grass-type healing move Synthesis, and it grants a speed boost to pokémon with the Chlorophyll special ability. A Grass-type with Sunny Day, Synthesis, Solarbeam, and Chlorophyll would be impressive. There might even be a way to get a Fire-type attack into that fourth move slot to use against enemy Bug, Ice and Steel-types, who knows?

Andrew
28th September 2006, 12:06 AM
Hidden Power Fire anyone?

However! The new Missy Evo is SCARY!

Jynx and Mimey should've gotten one too!

Lickitung Evo, lookslike it's crossed a bit with a Wigglytuff.

The Buzz and Magmar Evos,great for power!

Aipom Evo... are it'shands... blood soaked?

There's also an odd Magneton+Chimecho evo. Creepy....

I will enjoy using the old fellows and boosting them up! Yamna! Electabuzz! Lickitung! Misdreavus!

Dark Scizor
28th September 2006, 01:47 AM
I see the Ice type Eeveelution being useless, unless it has some better stats than Vaporeon.

Jeff
28th September 2006, 10:36 AM
Have you guys seen the base stats I linked to earlier? The ice one is basically an ice-type Umbreon, good defenses, bad attacks stats, it just needs a recovery move. The grass type has a pretty sorry looking SA but good attack, so Sunnybeam and HP fire wouldn't work out to well for it, good point about synthesis though, didn't think about that one.

Edit: never mind, looks like it's special attack isn't that bad after all, I thought it was like in the 60s...

DaBlackBandit
28th September 2006, 11:30 AM
Did I see a grass evolution Eevee, maybe it can be evolved from a Leaf stone, and I hope it learns Roar or something like that. That way we can have a Psuedo-hazing Grass type.

And whats the other eevee? maybe Steel or Flying? or Maybe Ice?

rinku
28th September 2006, 07:37 PM
The two new Eevees are Grass and Ice, as mentioned above. Base stats I have are:

Eevee Grass: HP65 A110 D130 S95 SA60 SD65
Eevee Ice: HP65 A60 D110 S65 SA130 SD95

Ice looks very interesting - extreme base Special attack and excellent defence stats, but second rate speed and attack. Will it learn Sheer Cold???

Jeff
28th September 2006, 08:40 PM
Wait, I was under the impression that the order is HP, AT, DF, SA, SD, SP, is any order confirmed?

Anyway, Eevee will not evolve into the grass type with the Leaf Stone, they've never had a pokemon evolve by a means that was accessible before, but wouldn't evolve it.

Andrew
28th September 2006, 09:03 PM
You never know, I would personally place money on the Leaf stone and a new "Ice Stone" or perhaps we'll have NeverMeltIce and MiracleSeed attached to Eevee to trade evolve. BUt the former seems more realistic.

Poryhedron
28th September 2006, 09:24 PM
Both Eevee and Leaf Stones were available in Red/Blue. They didn't work then, so they won't work now. Remember, we're talking about the guys who made eggs hatch into middle-stage pokémon unless one of the parents was holding incense. If Leafeon/Foleon/whatever evolves from Leaf Stones, it'll have to be something like "only during dusk while holding the DNA ADJUSTER item" or you'll have to grind up the Leaf Stone with a Berry Blender-like thing and feed Eevee the resulting Leaf Powder or something even more bizarre.

Pokemaster Ash
29th September 2006, 01:55 PM
I'd hope they'd be nice to use and let us use the Leaf Stone for the Grass Eeveelution (Solareon sounds kinda cool, since solar energy is pretty major to Grass-Types, plus it'd sound pretty good along with the other -eons). No clue how we'd get the Ice one...

My major worry is that all these new pre-evos are going to require obscene amounts of work to evolve, and the new evos will be just as tough to get. Hopefully most will be normal, and only a few will require happiness or something. For the love of god, I hope there aren't any more like Feebas (unless they make it a LOT easier to get Milotic). I wasn't that great at making PokéBlocks (not to the necessary levels, anyway), and I have no idea how well the bread will work.

Jeff
29th September 2006, 08:42 PM
It doesn't seem like all of them will be hard to get. At first I was afraid that some would only evolve when traded over the Internet, but now it seems that Electabuzz and Magmar will evolve when traded with certain hold items, Murkrow and Misdreavus will evolve with the new Dark Stone, and Togetic and Roselia will evolve with the new Light Stone. Still haven't found out how to evolve Eevee into the new ones, but again I doubt it'll evolve into the grass one with the Leaf Stone.

Kevin
30th September 2006, 09:30 AM
If I could figure out what to do with a bunch of NCGR files extracted from the game, then maybe TPM could get some actual D/P images up.

Blademaster
30th September 2006, 09:00 PM
(resist the urge to ask for Kevin's autograph)

I gotta say, are these new Light and Dark Stones really necessary? I mean, what's next? A Psycho Stone and a Dragon Stone? Couldn't they have just made it so that Togetic, Murkrow, Roselia, and Misdreavus evolve via trading with some obscenely-hard-to-find item attached?

Both Eevee and Leaf Stones were available in Red/Blue. They didn't work then, so they won't work now.

Not to be a ballbuster, but my Chansey's Eggs have been around for awhile, and they never hatched into baby pre-Chanseys, either. :rolleyes:

Everoy
30th September 2006, 09:14 PM
Kevin!?! Wow, I haven't seen him post in forever, even when I was PBuG.

I gotta say, are these new Light and Dark Stones really necessary? I mean, what's next? A Psycho Stone and a Dragon Stone? Couldn't they have just made it so that Togetic, Murkrow, Roselia, and Misdreavus evolve via trading with some obscenely-hard-to-find item attached?

Not to be a ballbuster, but my Chansey's Eggs have been around for awhile, and they never hatched into baby pre-Chanseys, either. :rolleyes:

They're necessary for some people. I don't have anyone to trade with, and I don't have access to WiFi unless I feel like walking to the cafe a few blocks away just to play a game (although I'll be working there this time next year.)

Marill, Azumarill, and Wobbuffet were around in GSC, and they didn't make little Azurills and Wynauts until they had babies with Incense attached. So, your point with Pinpuku and Chansey is moot, since there will doubtlessly be another Incense or similar item.

Blademaster
30th September 2006, 09:43 PM
Hmph.

Touche. :lookout:

Everoy
1st October 2006, 02:14 PM
Voila, proof!

Eerie Incense: MimeJr (from Mr Mime)
Rock Incense: Bonsly (from Sudowoodo)
Flower Incense: Subomi (from Roselia/Rosereido)
Lucky Incense: Pinpuku (from Chansey/Blissey)
Full Stomach Incense: Munchlax (from Snorlax)
Small Wave Incense: Tamanta (from Mantine)
Clean Incense: Riishan (from Chimecho)

Info from Serebii, currently my second favorite website evar.

Also, some evolution methods:
Sneasel evolves by levelling up at night with the item Sharp Claw.
Gligar evolves by levelling up at night with the item Sharp Fang.
Eevee evolves into Leafia by levelling up in front of the Moss Stone.
Eevee evolves into Glacia by levelling up in front of the Ice Stone.
Rhydon evolves by being traded with an item whose name I forgot.

rinku
1st October 2006, 05:31 PM
Wait, I was under the impression that the order is HP, AT, DF, SA, SD, SP, is any order confirmed?

The order on raw data on the carts has *always* been speed before Specials, despite how it's displayed in-game.

Compare the raw numbers with some of the published stat screenshots on Serebii and you'll see.

Jeff
1st October 2006, 07:33 PM
Ah thanks for that, I actually thought that the data Serebii listed would be in the same order as in his pokedex, upon double checking I noticed that the same list has the stats for the 3 special Deoxys forms, which agree with the HP, AT, DF, SP, SA, SD ordering. So that means Glacia will have a good SA, I'm really looking forward to training all seven Eevee evolutions now. One thing I'm wondering about the new ones though is, do you have to level them up DIRECTLY in front of the rocks, or do you just have to be training Eevee in the same area as them? I know it doesn't matter if you have rare candies, just curious.

Everoy
1st October 2006, 07:43 PM
One thing I'm wondering about the new ones though is, do you have to level them up DIRECTLY in front of the rocks, or do you just have to be training Eevee in the same area as them? I know it doesn't matter if you have rare candies, just curious.

That's an interesting question... Could someone with an account at serebiiforums ask that of Serebii or Coronis, or possibly PurpleKecleon?

My team?:

*Beequeen
*Enperuto
*Muumaaji
Rampard (Or whatever Zugaidosu's evo is)
Leafia
Neorantu

* = pokemon I really want, some of my new faves.

ENPERUTO IS BAD-ASS.

Jeff
1st October 2006, 09:43 PM
If I could figure out what to do with a bunch of NCGR files extracted from the game, then maybe TPM could get some actual D/P images up.

Good luck with that
http://pokeguide.filb.de/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1159653379&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&
They've been trying, and after almost a week haven't gotten it figured out.

Dark Eevolution
2nd October 2006, 07:39 PM
Hmm. Although I'm all for a grass eevee, I'm rather opposed to an Ice eevee.

I mean, sure Ice and Water are two different forms of matter, but they're also too
closely related.

There are so many other types.

Steel...Flying...etc.

Everoy
2nd October 2006, 09:29 PM
Ice and Water are completely different types, though. Ice's strengths are Grass, Ground, Flying, and Dragon. Water's are Fire, Ground, and Rock. Ice's weaknesses are Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel. Water's are Electric and Grass. They are opposite with Fire, Grass, and Rock. The only type in common on either list is Ground. So, even though in reality water and ice are similar, the types Water and Ice are different. A Steel evo would be cool, as would a Dragon, but neither of them have the type diversity that the types of Eevee do.

Anyway, let's discuss the awesomeness that is Megayanma. It is BADASS. I must have one...

Blademaster
2nd October 2006, 09:35 PM
Please tell me that isn't the official American name - I can't look at that and think 'Mega-Yanma.' It keeps looking to me like 'Me-Gay-Yanma.' :notfunny:

Everoy
2nd October 2006, 09:49 PM
Please tell me that isn't the official American name - I can't look at that and think 'Mega-Yanma.' It keeps looking to me like 'Me-Gay-Yanma.' :notfunny:

It's the Japanese name romanized. I could see it staying the same or changing to Magnayanma (which would be awesome) or something like that.

Blademaster
2nd October 2006, 09:52 PM
Yanmega has got my vote.

Everoy
2nd October 2006, 10:18 PM
Yanmega has got my vote.

I'll go with Yanmagna.

rinku
3rd October 2006, 08:17 PM
Meganma would be my guess if they're changing it. But just remember that they didn't change Nosepass...

Everoy
3rd October 2006, 08:49 PM
Meganma would be my guess if they're changing it. But just remember that they didn't change Nosepass...

Technically they did, but I get your point.

(Nosupasu)

The Blue Avenger
3rd October 2006, 11:30 PM

They did, however, change Yanma. *shrugs*

Personally, I'm hoping Nosepass' evolution is Nosestache.

rinku
4th October 2006, 05:25 PM
Nosetache is quite possible. The original Japanese (Dainoosu) is a combo of Dai- (big, great) and "nose". If they were to choose a literal translation, I'd expect something like Nosebig. Nosetache is better.

frylock
4th October 2006, 07:08 PM
I like Noseczar.

Jeff
5th October 2006, 08:46 PM
FINALLY!

The moment we've all been waiting for, full-size sprites can be found here (http://4.bulbagarden.net/graphics/). There's also a list of them so you can see all the new pokemon at once over at Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml)

Blademaster
5th October 2006, 09:32 PM
UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY'VE TAKEN EVERY POKEMON I KNOW AND LOVE AND HAVE TOTALLY DESTROYED THEM!!! MAGNETON AS A UFO?! PORYGON2 LOOKING LIKE IT CRASHED HALFWAY THROUGH LOADING?! MAGMAR LOOKS LIKE A JOKER FROM BATMAN BEYOND, TANGELA LOOKS LIKE THAT PURPLE MONSTER GRIMACE FROM MCDONALD'S, YANMA LOOKS LIKE WASPINATOR, NOSEPASS HAS BEEN TURNED INTO SOME... THING! THEY'VE ADDED EVOLVING LEGENDARIES! AND THERE'S A FOURTH REGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(bangs head hard against wall several times)

Inferno_Dragon
5th October 2006, 10:02 PM
Okay, after looking at the pictures of the new pokemon ... I can honestly say that out of all of the pokemon, I only like 20 percent .... the rest are just freakly looking. What is with the designs for the pokemon? They are just getting weirdier and weirdier everytime they create a game. Not to mention the Fourth Regi doesn't look pleasent ... it makes the previous regis look practically normal ... well that's just my opinion.

Ultimate Charizard
5th October 2006, 10:18 PM
Well the new Regi is the 'ultima-regi' by all accounts. It can only be Summoned (like the old Regi puzzles) if you have the other 3 Regi's in your team.

Im glad to see some new Ghost pokemon however im sad to see how Lazy theyve gotten. Ghost Pokemon werent Genderless were they? How come (what we think is) Snorunt's Ghost Evo is Single Gender/Genderless?
And is that a Dusclops Evo at #477?

Also, after so many complaints about evolving the Old guard (Electabuzz, Magmar etc) i can safely say that despite the Complaints, Electabuzz has come off the best. The New Magmar stinks! It looks like something from Dragonball. Lickitung is just rediculous and Rhydon becomes a friggin Digimon!
And i dont want to know what Tangela is.
Can someone also explain why the Ground Dragon looks like a Shark? Water/Dragon would surely have been more sensible. Maybe a more physical Counterpart to Kingdra.

If Bippa is to be the new Rattata/Zigzagoon etc then well done to Ninty on the idea to give a Water type earlier than normal. (Ok so in R/S we got Wingull but before that it was Squirtle/Totodile or Bust)

And is it just me or have the designers been watching 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' too much.
(cookie to who spots what im referencing)

Ultimate Charizard
5th October 2006, 10:19 PM
oh and on another note....does anyone else find it wierd that the Fossil pokemon are so low down the list. Usually the Rarer pokemon are way up the back arent they?

The Blue Avenger
6th October 2006, 07:27 AM
THEY'VE TAKEN EVERY POKEMON I KNOW AND LOVE AND HAVE TOTALLY DESTROYED THEM!!! MAGNETON AS A UFO?! PORYGON2 LOOKING LIKE IT CRASHED HALFWAY THROUGH LOADING?! MAGMAR LOOKS LIKE A JOKER FROM BATMAN BEYOND, TANGELA LOOKS LIKE THAT PURPLE MONSTER GRIMACE FROM MCDONALD'S, YANMA LOOKS LIKE WASPINATOR, NOSEPASS HAS BEEN TURNED INTO SOME... THING! THEY'VE ADDED EVOLVING LEGENDARIES! AND THERE'S A FOURTH REGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy solution: Don't evolve them. ;)

Also, I don't think there are any evolving legendaries. Mind elaborating?

Ultimate Charizard
6th October 2006, 11:37 AM
Easy solution: Don't evolve them. ;)

Also, I don't think there are any evolving legendaries. Mind elaborating?

Manaafi(sp) or whatever it is. That has a pre-evo and its up in the Legendary area of the list. Of course we all thought Lucario would be legendary at first.

RattataGuy
6th October 2006, 11:55 AM
Manaafi(sp) or whatever it is. That has a pre-evo and its up in the Legendary area of the list. Of course we all thought Lucario would be legendary at first.

Actually I think it's been confirmed that while Manaafi does produce the Fione egg, Fione does not evolve into Manaafi. I think we've all just gotten used to a certain block near the end of the current list of pokemon as "reserved" for the legendaries when it's not always the case - I remember Chimecho being thought of as a legendary before RuSa came out.

mr_pikachu
6th October 2006, 01:01 PM
Not to mention that even in final Pokedex listings, we traditionally do have a few non-legendaries. You know, the Dragonites, Tyranitars, Salamences, and Metagrosses of the Pokemon world. There have always been a few non-legends up there, so why should this be too surprising?

The Blue Avenger
6th October 2006, 03:56 PM
Actually I think it's been confirmed that while Manaafi does produce the Fione egg, Fione does not evolve into Manaafi.

That's true. I think I heard somewhere that Manaphy can't be traded over WiFi (wtf?) but Fione can - so it's sorta like a Manaphy Alpha for those who couldn't get Manaphy.

Toxicity
6th October 2006, 06:43 PM
UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T'is not the worst of it. Even though majority of the male/female sprites have not been found as of yet, or have no distinction between gender...Wobbuffet's is horrific.

Lipstick on an almost shapeless Pokémon translates into...
http://sum41.blogware.com/_photos/kangaroo.jpg

Poryhedron
6th October 2006, 09:25 PM
And is it just me or have the designers been watching 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' too much.
(cookie to who spots what im referencing)

Might you be referring to the fact that Mimimoru, the fluffy bunny pokémon, has an evo that seems to be built like Jessica Rabbit?
See, this is what they could have done with male/female sprites. But they didn't. I don't want a male that looks like Mimiroppu does.

Ultimate Charizard
6th October 2006, 09:37 PM
*Hands over the Cookie*

See i had those same thoughts with Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir. Kirlia (at least to my ears) sounds like Girl. They all look like humanoid women, yet some are male? Thankgod theyve 'tried' to fix this with this new Evo (i think its a Gender evo). Looks like Male Gardevoirs will be collectors items from the past ;)

Dont even get me started on a Female Mr. Mime.

RattataGuy
6th October 2006, 10:46 PM
Looks like Male Gardevoirs will be collectors items from the past ;)

Dont even get me started on a Female Mr. Mime.

Only depending on the rarity of the hold item you need to get the non-bishonen Kirlia evo. I wouldn't assume that they are particularly common either. And the Mr. Mime thing was just a English name chosen for that particular pokemon before they were given genders, so it doesn't really count.

The Blue Avenger
6th October 2006, 11:02 PM
T'is not the worst of it. Even though majority of the male/female sprites have not been found as of yet, or have no distinction between gender...Wobbuffet's is horrific.

Dude... Wobbuffet's female sprite is legendary. It, along with good ol' Nosestache, have sprites that make me want to train them.

Pokemaster Ash
7th October 2006, 09:43 AM
Male Kirlias and female Snorunts evolve using evolution stones, not with hold items (the Awakening Stone, to be exact). Not sure how rare those are gonna be, but hopefully they give you enough to at least get one Erureido/Elraid and one of the female Snorunt evo.

Hopefully this time around we get enough of ALL of the evolutionary items to at least get one of whatever needs to be evolved by them. They've screwed us on Sun Stones before (at least in FR/LG/Sapphire, since you can apparently swipe 'em off of Solrocks in Ruby and Emerald), and the whole DeepSeaTooth/Scale thing for Clamperl.

And, of course, let no Legendaries be version-only or event-only (for the perfectionists like me out there).

Jeff
7th October 2006, 10:34 AM
That's not going to happen, Diaruga, and Parukia are already confirmed to be Diamond and Pearl exclusive respectively. I wish they would just make is like GS, where you could go back and get the other one later in the game.

Pokemaster Ash
7th October 2006, 08:24 PM
Crap... Well that bites. How come they like to torture us like this?

Oh well. Hopefully things will get better from here, though I'm curious what will be done with Arseus. You have to wonder what they'll do with him.

Jeff
7th October 2006, 08:54 PM
Well...

According to the discovery thread over at Serebii (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=152027&page=10), Aruseus is obtainable after you complete the National Dex and talk to Oak.

Zak
8th October 2006, 05:40 AM
I think Gardevoir can still be either gender, except Elraid HAS to be male. Same with Glalie.

Also, earlier in this thread you mentioned they wouldn't let an Eevee use a Leaf Stone because it's existed in the past. That is true, but it's not nescessarily true that a new way to evolve hasn't existed in the past. Up unti now, it has, with the breeding and item holding and happiness introduced in GSC and the incenses in R/S, but now they've broken that rule.

A bunch of Pokemon now need to know a certain movie in order to evolve, right? Well, all the ones that need Ancientpower were never able o learn it previously, and same with all the new attack ones obviously. But Lickitung is the one exception, needing to know Rollout, which is something that it was able to learn in the past. Now a lot of people are gonna be wondering why it didn't evolve earlier.

Also, Tamanta's evolution method = awesome.

Poryhedron
8th October 2006, 02:12 PM
Crap... Well that bites. How come they like to torture us like this?

You have to bear in mind that Pokémon was created in Japan, where culture is different in several ways. In Japan, finding people to trade with is much easier, and in fact it was the trading aspect that made Pokémon the huge sensation it was. Nintendo will never forget that. Removing the trading requirement from the American Versions would require far too much editing on NOA's part, pushing the English release WAAAY back...and besides, with WiFi trading capabilities, trading will get easier here, too. I seem to remember hearing that lots of McDonalds locations are now, or will soon be, Wifi hotspots...there's a fee to connect using your laptop's wireless card, but use of the DS's WiFi capabilities will be free.