PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Discussion: its about the power...

SupremeChampion
28th September 2006, 08:11 AM
[i]aight, since the boards getting a little slow, i figured i would make a discussion. been a while since i did one of these, so lets see how it goes lol.

aight, so which poké from the GSC generation do you consider to be the most powerful? now, it doesn't have to be powerful as in overall stats or raw power (like mewtwo or lugia), but it could be something thats just a true pain to deal with (like a skarmory or something like that). really, it up to you who you want to nominate, as it were. i think i'm gonna have to go with my tyranitar as my most powerful poké. it was just so versitile, and it played so many roles for me. i was my tank at time, my sweeper, my cleaner... just overall my most useful poké i had in my team. of course i expect people to disagree with me lol, so come on and post!

~The Italian Stallion

DaBlackBandit
28th September 2006, 11:26 AM
Anything that has Curse and a Recovery move, and STABbed attack, and a Pseudo-Hazing move. So, Curse-Khan, Suicune, Skarmory.

Also pokemon with multi-move options, because you'll never know what there set really is. Such as Gengar....

MeLoVeGhOsTs
28th September 2006, 01:30 PM
I also found Umbreon to be quite powerfull. As is Tyranitar.

Mr.E
28th September 2006, 05:29 PM
Snorlaaaaaaaaaaaax...

Curselax altered the metagame so much it's still a force in RSE. :P

SoulflameNinetales
29th September 2006, 06:41 PM
In my opinion the eevee evolutions have always been some of the strongest pokemon around, at least statistically.

I could name a lot of pokemon who are strong. Some of them are up to the opinion of others. Of course thro, i've never used any massively powerful pokemon (I prefer to have a few that i like.) And I don't consider most legendaries extremely powerful.

There is one thing that annoys me. People who use teams of just legendaries, starters and dragons. I don't know how many of them i've mashed...

Meh, now i'm mumbling :) I'll stop now.

Blademaster
29th September 2006, 08:09 PM
Gotta be Smeargle - a Pokemon that can learn any move is 'powerful' in my book.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
30th September 2006, 06:17 AM
Meh Smeargle is easy taken care off when it's not in the hands of a skilled trainer and even then...couldn't agree more with Mr.E.

DaBlackBandit
30th September 2006, 04:15 PM
Curselax is so annoying. If you don't have a hazer. And Umbreon. Got I hate that thing too.

SupremeChampion
5th October 2006, 06:40 AM
[i]you ain't kidding curselax is annoying, but then again thats its point, to be annoying and kill you lol. and umbreon is another good one, toxicstall is so freakin' annoying. then again, its how i secured a victory in the extremely one-sided GSC-GSC Help wars before (the older members may or may not remember this. it was bb88's idea lol, and as i recall i think GSCH got its butts handed to them, like 16-2, or maybe we only had one win... haha it was bad though).

~The Italian Stallion

Lady Vulpix
5th October 2006, 12:56 PM
Well, I've always considered my Dragonite as my powerhouse and battle finisher, my Vaporeon had the best endurance, and my Butterfree granted me a surprising amount of victories and catches in Pokemon Gold (she was great for poisoning opponents or putting them to sleep). But if I'd managed to play Silver long enough to evolve my Vulpix, I think she would have been one of my most powerful pokemon. She defeated a lot of water pokemon as it was, confusing them and using Dig until they fainted.

BiGSh0t
11th October 2006, 05:21 PM
Curselax....meh. I used to use a swaggering snorlax that I had some good success with, I remember sweeping red13n's entire team with it anyway.

frylock
13th October 2006, 10:34 PM
What about Heracross? I'd rather fight a whole team of Curselaxs than a Heracross. They use Swords Dance, you hit 'em hard enough to turn on the Salac Berry, and that thing's gonna at least take two pokemon with it, usually a lot more.

Mr.E
19th October 2006, 07:51 PM
Man I sure do hate CB Salamence too.

Wait, this is GSC, stop being retarded.

SilverPersian
19th October 2006, 08:33 PM
ERM

Can we count skarm/bliss as one pokemon? They were pretty annoying ;_;

Lady Vulpix
21st October 2006, 05:21 PM
They may be annoying, but how could they be counted as one? They're not even compatible for breeding.

Poryhedron
21st October 2006, 06:48 PM
They may be annoying, but how could they be counted as one? They're not even compatible for breeding.
They're at their most annoying when used together. A Skarmory really isn't all that annoying when it doesn't have a Special Sponge to take its place against a Magneton or something.

frylock
21st October 2006, 07:03 PM
Hmm... Curselax, SkarmBliss, Calmcune, Tyraniboah, basically anything that's abbreviated/annoyingly powerful is from GSC.

Poryhedron
21st October 2006, 07:09 PM
Except that Calmcune isn't because it uses Calm Mind, which was introduced in RS.

Blademaster
21st October 2006, 09:02 PM
...Tyraniboah?

Lady Vulpix
21st October 2006, 09:07 PM
What about Death Starmie?

SupremeChampion
24th October 2006, 06:52 AM
[i]i remember death starmie... that thing was a huge pain in the butt lol. i've never actually ran across one, but i've heard stories from those who have, and they were never always pleased. i was actually thinking about another one... tentacruel as a starter. i can't remember what the entire moveset used to be lol. i do know the old set used to have sludgebomb and sd... i'm thinking it might have surf and double team maybe. haha i really don't remember, its been such a long time, but it was always an effective starter. used to double team up, then curse a few times, then sludgebomb a whole lot. i know a hazer could stop it easily lol, but it was effective if you didn't have one. maybe bb88 can help me out here, he used to use one, too lol.

~The Italian Stallion

DaBlackBandit
25th October 2006, 01:46 PM
I thought double team was banned on Online battles even with Hazers and Psuedo-hazers. What about Sub/Swords Dance/Sludge Bomb/Hydro Pump or Surf

frylock
25th October 2006, 03:28 PM
I thought double team was banned on Online battles even with Hazers and Psuedo-hazers. What about Sub/Swords Dance/Sludge Bomb/Hydro Pump or Surf

Double Team is discouraged, but not banned.

Mr.E
29th October 2006, 02:27 AM
...Tyraniboah?

Another RS creation. Apparently people don't understand this is the GSC forum.

DBB has the right idea on Tentacruel, and for the RS-mentioning dolts it's still the standard set there too. There wouldn't be much uniqueness in giving it DT and Curse, most pokemon can learn those things. ;/

Blademaster
29th October 2006, 03:46 AM
OK, I'll ask in RSEFrLg about Tyraniboah... But what about Death Starmie?

DaBlackBandit
30th October 2006, 12:57 PM
Jolteon/Wak is an annoying thing, it was back in the day. I think I saw something on Azure that said like only 13 pokemon can survive it.

SupremeChampion
2nd November 2006, 06:52 AM
[i]i do remember lots of people complaining about marowak back in the day. i also remember the fissure taurous (i can't remember the name lol) was a pain, with lock-on and fissure etc. that was a pain to beat lol.

~The Italian Stallion