PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Poryhedron
28th September 2006, 03:08 PM
...odd that this hasn't been discussed here at all yet since its release...

...I'm playing Blue Rescue Team as a Bulbasaur, and I've noticed something. It seems that when a foe gets finished off by Leech Seed damage, you don't get XP for it. The game gets caught up in giving you the HP that Leech Seed transfers, and forgets to give you the XP.

Another thing that annoyed me is all of the changes they made to the balance of moves and items. Oran Berries, for example, can restore upwards of 30 HP. I'm not sure how much yet; it has yet to do any less than bring the user up to max. That's not something a veteran Pokégamer is going to expect. Then, too, things like Poison—instead of dealing a measly 2 or 3 HP per turn—now deal more damage, but skip turns. Standard poison only works every ten turns. The last straw for me, though, was when a Gligar I had recruited took damage from a Thundershock. That was when I really knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Andrew
28th September 2006, 08:58 PM
It's a crappy crappy game and I wouldn't waste my money on it personally.

How do you choose what Pokemon you play as?

Poryhedron
28th September 2006, 09:27 PM
There's a bit of a personality test before the game really starts. You have to answer questions like "You find a wallet on the ground. It's full of money! What do you do? A) Turn it in to the police B) Keep the cash C) Depends, is anyone watching?" Once you've answered enough questions, the game selects the pokémon whose personality best matches yours. You can try out a demo at the game's official website.
—Oh, one more thing...the website demo gives you your pokémon, then asks if you want to try again. You might get different questions the second time. The game itself does not do this. You go through one round of questions, it gives you your pokémon and continues on.

Ultimate Charizard
25th October 2006, 02:30 PM
And spookily enough i got Charmander!!!!
This thing knows its stuff lol.

Foguet
13th November 2006, 05:01 AM
I wanted a Charmander too!! But the game called me sassy and made me a Treecko.

Kurotanuki
23rd July 2007, 08:33 AM
lolll xD

I got charmander. :D
And chose mudkip as partner.

It's actually a decent game, but later after you save gardevoir it gets boring. Especially if you recruited all the legendaries already. Ugh.