PDA

View Full Version : Who Got Mew?

DaBlackBandit
30th September 2006, 04:13 PM
I was just wondering who went out today and got their mew, and what version did you get it on? And if possible, did you get more than one.

I got a Quirky Mew at Level 10. What about you guys?

Dragonis
30th September 2006, 04:26 PM
My Mew is Bashful. I'm pretty sure that all of the Mew's were level 10. The guy at my Toys R Us said that the game packs they were sent had all 14 PC boxes were full of Mews. So they had like 880 Mew's all together or something like that. So if the store was slow, unlike the one I went to, you might have been able to get more than one.

DarkestLight
30th September 2006, 08:14 PM
I shipped two cartridges to New York, told my friend to pick up as many as he can.

Stupid Brooklyn Toys R 'US's...I only got one I think. Brave though -.- Would be my luck to get a Brave one. I can only hope that its stats are mediocre.

mr_pikachu
1st October 2006, 01:29 AM

...That was today, wasn't it?

..Fantastic. >_<

(Answer to your question: Zero Mews. I'm an idiot.)

Roy Karrde
1st October 2006, 01:46 AM
Got a Brave Mew today, along with 8 Yu Gi Oh Sheep Tokens!

Number1ChanseyFan
1st October 2006, 03:44 PM
[color=magenta]I was able to get 2 Mews yesterday... I was surprised at how crowded the Toys R Us was, because Pokémon didn't really seem to be all that popular here in recent years, and Nintendo always skips over the Cleveland Ohio area when they are doing promos, so I was half expecting to be able to get a Mew on all 5 of my games, because I was expecting it to be relatively quiet. I got there about 5 minutes before noon, and there was probably around 25 people in front of me, they eventually divided the line in 2 and had another person trading Mews. I didn't get out until after 2:00, because the peeps there didn't really know what they were doing and they didn't get started until about 12:30. There were probably another 25 people behind me by the time I got my Mews. Fortunately, my dad had some stuff to pick up for a small family reunion yesterday, so he was with me, so I had him say that one of the games was his, and he was able to get a Mew. XD

My Mews have a Relaxed and Lonely personality, and I got one on Emerald and one on Leaf Green.

Starry Might
2nd October 2006, 02:44 PM
*RAISES HER HAND*

There's no Toys 'R' Us in my city, so me, my parents, my Pearl Blue GBA SP, and "Pokemon Leaf Green" game went to the closest one in another city.

We did some shopping first, and when we got there, there was a line spilling outside the store Exit (where they were being led in). Me and my Dad got in line (my Mom stayed in the truck), and we wound up waiting for 3 hours. :eek:

During that time, we watched and listened to the people in line. My Dad went back to the truck (which was initially parked at the Lowe's next-door) to talk to Mom, and he wound up driving it up into the Toys 'R' Us lot. Also, the Toys 'R' Us mascot, Geoffery (which is just a guy in a costume, of course, but he was really neat-looking!), came out. I gave him a little pat on the palm of his "hoof" and he later gave me a hug!

There were many interesting people waiting in line there. One guy ahead of me was frantic because he didn't have the National Pokedex in "Emerald", and he was frantically trying to catch enough Pokemon to get 100 in the Pokedex, 'cause he thought that was necessary for that. Once he did that, he frantically went to the Sky Pillar to catch Rayquaza to take on the Elite 4 with. He managed to do all that just in time (we were inside the store when that happened)! When he went to Professor Birch, however, he discovered that he only had to beat the Elite 4 for it, and the extra Pokemon catching wasn't neccessary.

I liked that guy - he was funny, and I was glad he was able to make his game meet the requirements for Mew.

One of the Pokemon he caught while in line was a Girafarig, and I suggested he take it to the Name Rater and name it "Geoffery" in honor of the day. He told me he'd do that! :D

Anyhoo, I FINALLY got my Mew (whose personality is Lonely, BTW) at about 3:07 P.M. (they didn't cut it off at 3:00 because there were still at least 800 Mews left). There was a guy at a table in front of the Video Game department, working two Game Boy Advances (one original, the other a special Pikachi SP, which they had for sale). My Dad told me that guy deserves a medal, and I told him that when I got up there.

I traded a Level 5 Magikarp (I figured that since any Pokemon could be traded for Mew, I decided to do that one for yuks), and the guy told me that was his 20th one and he got more of that particular Pokemon than any other one! :lol: After I got the Mew (and a Pokemon booklet and stickers), me and Dad went back to the truck (and saw the line again!) and headed home. I trained Mew during that time, and since traded Pokemon gain boosted experience, he was Level 25 when we got home. (As of his writing, he's Level 35 now - in the same league as my other Pokemon in my party.)

:151: :D And that's my Mew story! :D :151:

Phoenixsong
2nd October 2006, 03:31 PM
I went, yeah... the line at the TRU I went to wasn't too long, but for some reason it took people forever to get the trading done. I ended up getting Mews in 5 of my 7 games... one of them doesn't have the National Dex and I didn't have time for the other, otherwise I woulda had seven glorious Mews.

There was a lot of confusion about whether or not people could get more than one and whether or not they could get back in line. Since I had nothing better to do I spent a long time wandering around the store, and when I made my way back to the game section the guy asked me whether or not I wanted more Mews because he still had like 300 Mews left (you guys DO know that one game can hold 420 Pokemon, right? 800 is a teensy bit of an exaggeration...). So me and some other random people got back in line like five more times. After a while the guy started asking people if they wanted something other than Mew, and he let some of us look through the boxes (14 boxes of almost nothing but Mew looks kinda scary...). It was all junk like Nidorina and Magikarp (I didn't see that 'Sharked Rayquaza some little girl said she gave him, though. Damn, there were a lot of admitted Sharkers and cloners there...), but then I finally got the idea to look through the Mews for one with a Modest or Adamant nature, put that one in his party and get that one from him. I only actually did it with the last one and got a Modest Mew in my FireRed, heheh... it's stats aren't quite perfect, but it'll do.

So, yeah, I weaseled my way into a Modest Mew, and I think the other ones were Hardy, Brave, Rash and Quiet... something like that.

Dragonis
2nd October 2006, 03:49 PM
The guy at my TRU said they had about 800 becuse they had at least two game packs with nothing but Mew's.

CuteLassJigglypuff
2nd October 2006, 05:12 PM
I got a Timid Mew. I would've got more than one but I only brought my Leaf Green version.