PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Eet's-a me, Maaario! (is thirteen years late) Momma miiiiaa!

Blademaster
9th October 2006, 12:57 AM
Just a little something I've been thinking about as of late:

1. Should a new live-action Mario move be made?
2. Why or why not?
3. Who do you think should direct it?
4. Why?
5. What actors do you think would be cast?
6. Why?
7. Do you think it would be a success?
8. Why or why not?
9. Would you see it?
10. How many Toads does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1. Absolutely.
2. They've made every comic book into a movie; I think the time has come to give video games another shot. Mortal Kombat did well, Doom did well, Pokemon is still doing well... I think it's time for Mario to return to the big screen.
3. Steven Spielberg, no doubt.
4. Come on, it's SPEILBERG! What can't he do?
5. & 6. Mario: Robin Williams - he could probably do the voice perfectly, and he's about the right height...
Luigi: Somebody tall, cowardly, and with a sweet 'stache... I'd say David Arquette might work.
Toad: Short, scrappy, a troublemaker... Jason Acuna comes to mind.
Peach: Tall, blonde, a tomboy at times... Uma Thurman is a possibility.
Bowser: Someone big, with a scary voice and a definite mean (though comically ineffective) streak... Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson would be pretty funny.
(Pretty much the worst casting ever, I know; it's late, and I'm low on ideas. So sue me. :sweat:
7. Yes.
8. Computer animation, costume geniuses, expert puppeteers... It'd certainly be a lot more like the games effect-wise and hopefully storywise, as well - straying from the storyline we all know and love is what really sank the last one.
9. Abso-****ing-lutely! :keke:
10. Four, all standing on each other's shoulders. Little runts... :lookout:

OK... next?

mr_pikachu
9th October 2006, 04:27 AM
(By the way, you should edit in a poll tag before you get in trouble...)

Nah, I don't think so.

2. Why or why not?
Frankly, the first one showed us quite clearly why Mario just doesn't work for live-action. The combat is either completely different than anything Mario really does, or it just seems weird. (Plus, it's not the best concept for a show, anyway. Better for games.)

Quentin Tarantino.

4. Why?
Because maybe he could do something to make the action work. (I would have suggested the Wachowski brothers had I not lost all faith in them. And the Matrix trilogy started so well, too!)

Adam Sandler might make a decent Luigi, with someone more serious as Mario... who's that guy who plays the cop on CSI? Give him a red hat, some overalls and a moustache, and he's good to go. I'm sure they'd go for Drew Barrymore or something for the Princess - unless they decided to take the racial equality route. But somehow I can't see Halle Berry fitting the role. It'd crash and burn even worse... :(

6. Why?
Er... I kinda answered that in the previous question. Hehe.

Nope. Sorry.

8. Why or why not?
See question two.

9. Would you see it?
Probably not. I might catch it on a TV rerun, but otherwise no.

The question is irrelevant. Everyone knows that excessive light is bad for mushrooms!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
9th October 2006, 04:01 PM
[color=red]1. Should a new live-action Mario move be made?
2. Why or why not?
4. Why?
6. Why?
8. Why or why not?
9. Would you see it?

1.) No. Not that it wouldn't be intersting but I think none of the classic Super Mario storylines would make a decent movie. And I don't think that anything but a classic storyline would satisfy the moviegoers which would be Mario fanst mostly.
2.) Answered in question 1.
3.) Sergio Leone (totally fictive as he died 17 years ago).
4.) Who could have saved the day with a high noon shoot-out between Mario and Bowser.
5.) Capt. Lou Albano has to be Super Mario.
6.) Because in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show he was doing a silly but still funny Mario.
7.) Movies based off video games really aren't very successful. Also it wouldn't interest anyone but Mario fans, a limited audience is never good.
8.) Answered above.
9.) Definitely. Mario is a classic video game character, a movie with him is worth seeing in my book, even if the movie is as lame as the original Super Mario Bros.
10.) Sorry, I suck with such jokes.

Drago
12th October 2006, 05:33 AM
Nope.

2. Why or why not?
The first one was enough to break my fragile spirit. How can a movie with Bob Hoskins, John Leguizamo and Dennis Hopper go so incredibly wrong?? Perhaps if it didn't divert too heavily from the basic storyline. Mind warpers? Dinosaurs? FRIED ANOLE SANDWICHES??

Steve Barron.

4. Why?
He directed the first Ninja Turtles movie, y'know. I still say that it's a good movie, beyond nostalgic purposes. As for directing a live-action Mario Bros... well, I dunno if I have a reason why it should be Steve Barron. He's just the first guy who sprung to mind.

Luigi - Dustin Hoffman. Come on, he did everything else. I'm hoping that I'll have the most miserable casting of any of the replies. Anyway, his moustache in Hook kinda reminds me of Luigi. I also figure he's aces wherever you stick him, so why not as a cowardly Italian man. Alternatively, Martin Short, because he was Frik in Merlin. Merlin was directed by Steve Barron. Steve Barron directs Mario Bros, you see. Splendid!
Bowser - Terry Crews. I don't care what you say, that man's brilliant. I would likely make Bowser a computer-animated creature too (or a Henson puppet. Ninja Turtles claims you!!), but I threw Terry Crews in because he's better than whoever does Bowser's voice in the Gamecube games.
Princess - Paris Hilton. XD I hate that broad so much. ...Alright, try this one - Ellen Greene. Since they've changed the Princess from a normal woman to a ditzy childish broad over time, I could see her being slotted in here. Assuming she hasn't aged in the last twenty years or so.
Toad - Danny DeVito. I love it, I'm going to write to DeVito and request he does this. Or perhaps an appearance as the Penguin. I wanna see Mario get his nose bit off.
Yoshi - (voice actor) Ahmed Best. Let's see if everyone hates Yoshi now, too.
Koopa Troopa - Keith Bulluck. Because the best character should be played by the most kickass dude.
Mario - Charles Martinet. That's right, foo's.

6. Why?
Because I couldn't find a place to fit in Kelsey Grammer and Don Cheadle. :(

Oh hell no. Not with my abysmal casting and production rates. An hour and a half of it would be Charles Martinet hitting bricks and shouting 'yippee!' anyway.

9. Would you see it?
Of course I would. I made it.

Two less than it would Frogs.

Blademaster
12th October 2006, 04:34 PM
Luigi - Dustin Hoffman. Come on, he did everything else. I'm hoping that I'll have the most miserable casting of any of the replies. Anyway, his moustache in Hook kinda reminds me of Luigi. I also figure he's aces wherever you stick him, so why not as a cowardly Italian man. Alternatively, Martin Short, because he was Frik in Merlin. Merlin was directed by Steve Barron. Steve Barron directs Mario Bros, you see. Splendid!
Bowser - Terry Crews. I don't care what you say, that man's brilliant. I would likely make Bowser a computer-animated creature too (or a Henson puppet. Ninja Turtles claims you!!), but I threw Terry Crews in because he's better than whoever does Bowser's voice in the Gamecube games.
Princess - Paris Hilton. XD I hate that broad so much. ...Alright, try this one - Ellen Greene. Since they've changed the Princess from a normal woman to a ditzy childish broad over time, I could see her being slotted in here. Assuming she hasn't aged in the last twenty years or so.
Toad - Danny DeVito. I love it, I'm going to write to DeVito and request he does this. Or perhaps an appearance as the Penguin. I wanna see Mario get his nose bit off.
Yoshi - (voice actor) Ahmed Best. Let's see if everyone hates Yoshi now, too.
Koopa Troopa - Keith Bulluck. Because the best character should be played by the most kickass dude.
Mario - Charles Martinet. That's right, foo's.

:rotfl:

I can only envision DeVito as an overweight, unshaven Toad.Funny, but he'll probably have to inhale a bit of helium to get the voice right. :lol:

Oh, and puppet Bowser = big laughs. I can imagine that paper cutout of Bowser from Superstar Saga blowing flame cutouts at Mario and Luigi. Priceless!

Anywayz, I don't know if this is allowed or not, but so far, everybody has said no... So, I'm adding one more question:

11. If you said a new live-action Mario movie shouldn't be made, are you basing your answer on the fact that the last bombed? What if the Super Mario Bros. movie hadn't been made? Would you still say no?

Oh, and I know there's a lack of classy intellects in Mario games, but I think Kelsey would make a good Merlon, or maybe Kamek.

And maybe the actors from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies could make a cameo appearance or two as the Koopa Bros., heh heh... :rolleyes: