PDA

View Full Version : GAME (Tournament): Fall 2006 Cartoon Character Battle – Quarterfinals [M.A. TML]

mr_pikachu
21st October 2006, 05:57 AM
Fall 2006 Cartoon Character Battle – Quarterfinals
Originally Created By Dr. Omicron
Tournament Director and Host: mr_pikachu
Moderator Approved by The_Missing_Link
With Many Thanks to GameFAQs.com

RULES

1. Each round of the tournament will be given a separate thread. Each individual battle of the round will be listed in the first post of that thread, and it will show the combatant’s names as well as their seeding in the tournament. When you see this, it’s time for you to vote!

2. To vote, simply indicate your choices in a reply to the round’s thread. A good way to do this is by copying the brackets that are posted and bolding your choice for each match. Feel free to post comments such as your reasons for choosing each character, too.

3. Each round will last for one week before the thread is closed and the round is concluded. This means that you have an entire week to pick who you want to win. That should be plenty of time. If you really want your characters to win, then get out there and vote!

4. Once the tournament reaches the latter stages, more information may be given about the remaining characters. You may hear about each character’s history, appearances, creation, and other interesting facts. This data will help you to make the crucial decisions that will decide the final champion.

5. Should two characters be tied when the polls for a match close, the tournament director will cast the tiebreaker vote. However, the tournament director will NOT cast a vote in ANY match other than a required tiebreaker vote. It’ll be up to you to keep your characters moving through the tournament, so get out the vote!

6. The tournament will continue in this manner until the final battle is complete and the Champion of the tournament is decided.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Third Round Results

Paper Division

1Garfield(Garfield)

12The Grinch(The Grinch Who Stole Christmas)
Garfield, 5-2
~

6Spiderman(Spiderman)

10Superman(Justice League)
Superman, 4-3

West Division

9Optimus Prime(Transformers)

4Sephiroth(Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)
Sephiroth, 5-2
~

3Homer Simpson(The Simpsons)

7Ash Ketchum(Pokémon)
Homer Simpson, 6-1

East Division

1Naruto(Naruto)

5Asuka(Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Asuka, 4-3
~

3Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

7Inuyasha(Inuyasha)
Inuyasha, 4-3

Time Division

8Edward Elric(Full Metal Alchemist)

4Bugs Bunny(Merry Melodies)
Edward Elric, 4-3
~

3Mickey Mouse(Steamboat Willie)

2Bender(Futurama)
Bender, 5-2

Quarterfinal Matchups and Tournament History

Paper Division

#1 Garfield (Garfield) vs. #10 Superman (Justice League)

Garfield used #16 Protoman EXE as a scratching post (7-1)Superman winked at the judge to beat #7 Slade (4-4)
Garfield shed on #8 Snoopy (6-4)Superman reaped #2 Ichigo's soul (7-3)
Garfield was a meaner one than #12 The Grinch (5-2)Superman was immune to #6 Spiderman's senses (4-3)

West Division

#4 Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children) vs. #3 Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)

Sephiroth broke #13 Jimmy Neutron's inventions (7-0)Homer Simpson never heard of #14 Takeru (6-2)
Sephiroth showed #12 Cheese no mercy (9-1)Homer Simpson ate #6 GIR (8-2)
Sephiroth crushed #9 Optimus Prime with a meteor (5-2)Homer Simpson befuddled #7 Ash Ketchum (6-1)

East Division

#5 Asuka (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. #7 Inuyasha (Inuyasha)

Asuka flattened #12 Manji with Eva unit 2 (6-1)Inuyasha beheaded #10 Keitaro Urashima (6-1)
Asuka was more versatile than #4 Shigure Sohma (6-4)Inuyasha outdrew #2 Vash the Stampede (8-2)
Asuka outfoxed #1 Naruto (4-3)Inuyasha was too cool for #3 Spike Spiegel (4-3)

Time Division

#8 Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) vs. #2 Bender (Futurama)

Edward Elric performed human alchemy on #9 Jin (6-1)Bender robbed #15 David Xanatos (8-0)
Edward Elric dropped his brother on #1 Stewie Griffin (6-4)Bender talked trash to #7 Rocko (7-3)
Edward Elric retaliated when #4 Bugs Bunny called him "small" (4-3)Bender made #3 Mickey Mouse kiss his shiny, metal ass (5-2)

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4285/tourneybracket6fp4.gif

Inferno_Dragon
21st October 2006, 11:27 AM
Paper Division

~ Oh this one is a tough one but I am going to have to go with Garfield on this one. Sure, Superman might be the man of Steel but he isn't as funny as Garfield is. So my vote is for Garfield.

West Division

#4 Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children) vs. #3 Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)

Sorry Homer, but Sephiroth beats you with a cool sword and a meteor to boot. So my vote is for Sephiroth.

East Division

This one is a tough one; they are both from awesome animes and have awesome weapons but I can only choose one. So I have to side with Asuka. True, Inuyusha might be part demon and have a wicked cool sword but Asuka's Mech probably could squash Inuyusha. So my vote is for Asuka.

Time Division

As funny as Bender can be, Edward Elric has his hillarious moments ... especially when people can him short and he really loses it plus he can do alchemy ... true Bender might be a robot and be made of prue metal but he didn't have to sacrifice part of his body to save his mother. So my vote is for Edward Elric.

.hacker
21st October 2006, 03:49 PM
Paper Division:
Garfield

West Division:
Sephiroth

East Division:
Asuka

Time Division:
Bender

Blademaster
21st October 2006, 03:57 PM
Paper Division: Superman
What's wrong with you people?! He's freaking SUPERMAN!!!

West Division: Homer Simpson
Sephiroth is a kick-ass video game villian, but this isn't a video game. Homer for the win.

East Division: Inuyasha
Inuyasha is way more famous and way cooler than Asuka.

Time Division: Edward Elric
He's got a backstory, he does alchemy, and he goes nuts when you call him short. What's not to like?

darktyranitar
22nd October 2006, 12:12 AM
Paper Division:
Superman

West Division:
Sephiroth

East Division:
Inuyasha

Time Division:
Edward Elric

The_Missing_Link
24th October 2006, 01:25 AM
Paper Division

Going with Garfield. I just like him more

West Division

Homer Simpson for sure. Never played the FF series

East Division

Inuyasha. Not a fan of NGE

Time Division

This is a real toughie since I love both of them but I choose Ed Elric. While Bender is pure comedic, Ed has a much fuller personality

Andrew
24th October 2006, 04:31 AM
Bender to win.

Homer to win.

Superman.

The rest of those Anime people can go F themselves

Shadow Wolf
24th October 2006, 05:13 AM
(I don't like to make tiebreaks but...)

It's my turn to vote!

Paper Division

Stronger, faster and better than Garfield

West Division

Dude, you have a very big sword, but Homer dream is to end crime & injustice.
You are on his wanted list

East Division

Too easy, he's a cool dog.

Time Division

Very easy, why? I don't know... :sweat:

mr_pikachu
28th October 2006, 08:07 AM
This round is over! Please wait as I prepare the semifinal thread.