PDA

View Full Version : Wild held items!

rinku
22nd October 2006, 05:42 PM
One thing I'd hoped for has come to pass - DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale have been included in the list of items that can be found on some wild pokémon! So we can now have as many Gorebyss and Huntail as we like* without having to restart! Woo!

(*Depending on the hold rate, natch. In theory we can have as many Lightballs as we want as well...)

Everoy
22nd October 2006, 05:56 PM
(*Depending on the hold rate, natch. In theory we can have as many Lightballs as we want as well...)

So very true. So:

So we can now have as many Gorebyss and Huntail as the statistics which seem to never be nice to us EVER like without having to restart! Woo!

Fixed.

mr_pikachu
22nd October 2006, 06:39 PM
Awesome! And I can have as many shiny Pokemon with maxed IVs as I want, too!

...Yeah. Has anyone collected the data on hold item probability yet? I'd be interested to see that.

rinku
22nd October 2006, 09:11 PM
All I have so far is what's up on Serebii, but I can't really see any reason for them to make it a super rare, and they've made it available to serveral types each:

DeepSeaScale:
Chinchou
Lanturn
Gorebyss?
Relicanth

DeepSeaTooth:
Carvahna
Sharpedo
Huntail?

Gorebyss and Huntail themselves are listed in the item list, but don't appear to be available directly in Diamond or Pearl. May indicate planned wild capture in another 4th gen game. But all the others are listed as only Uncommon fishing encounters on their routes after you get the National 'dex. I'm guessing we're talking Dragon Scales, not Light Balls.

Jeff
22nd October 2006, 09:55 PM
Mew, Celebi, etc. are also listed but are unobtainable. For some reason they give wild held items even to pokemon that can't be caught in the wild.

Everoy
22nd October 2006, 10:20 PM
I'm thinking kind of like what they did between RBY and GSC with RBY pokemon having a chance of getting an item when traded, although in RBY there weren't hold items so my logic may be faulty.

Darien Shields
23rd October 2006, 05:23 AM
Don't quote me on this, but I think held items might be on-the-up too. The first (and only) Abra I caught near the start of the game had a Twisted Spoon from the get go, which I was quite chuffed with.

You guys know about the Shin'ou Underground, right? Man, I have found craptons of stuff down there. All sorts!

Unfortunately it's only two Light and two Dark stones per game T_T And I already used one on my un-EV-trained Roselia (that probably has a crappy nature).

Pokemaster Ash
23rd October 2006, 05:02 PM
Well here's hoping that there's something similar to Emerald's cloning glitch in D/P, for the sake of those of us who have either squandered good items or would like to have a decent stock of something you usually only get one or two of. Also wouldn't hurt for the sake of Diaruga and Parukia, and anything else that it might be necessary for (for those of us who, for whatever reason, CAN'T take advantage of the wi-fi trading and stuff).

rinku
23rd October 2006, 05:19 PM
Mew, Celebi, etc. are also listed but are unobtainable. For some reason they give wild held items even to pokemon that can't be caught in the wild.

Yeah, but then they put a sequence into Emerald that *did* allow catching a wild Mew (with the appropriate ticket).

Darien Shields
23rd October 2006, 07:31 PM
Damn, nothing carries a Sharp Claw, and I already used mine to evolve a Weavile without Ice Punch.

On the bright side, with the advent of online trading, I expect it's only a matter of time until we can buy any pokémon or item we want from China (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmer_%28gaming%29#Gold_farming_in_China). Oh boy, I can't wait to have five Deoxys!