PDA

View Full Version : Gym Battle: Blademaster VS. The Missing Link (Subref: DarkestLight)

Blademaster
24th October 2006, 03:07 PM
That's right... I'm stepping up to try and win a Gym Badge from the legendary Missing Link herself.

You're the Gym Leader, Bec, so I guess you make the rules; I'll be waiting for a reply.
Dear sweet God, I'm going to die... ;_;

-Blade

The_Missing_Link
24th October 2006, 05:10 PM
Why exactly am I scary? I'm just like any other battler, except with more experience than most

Arena: The White Room

Trainers and Pokemon are transported into what looks like a large, sterile white room with a grass floor. When Pokemon use attacks that bypass an opponent, instead of leaving a mark or residue on the ground, it immediately dissolves. So if a Pokemon uses Toxic and it misses, it will get sucked up by the ground instead of lingering around. Ground attacks do a restricted amount of damage due to the depth of the soil underneath. Attacks involving rocks are completely useless since no rocks exist underneath the grass. The only attack involving the ground that will work to its fullest potential is Dig.

Every three rounds (starting with Round 3), the ceiling of the room will open up to reveal one of four things: a clear sky, rain, hail, or the sun. What appears is purely random and at the end of the round, the ceiling will close again until Round 6 rolls around. This will not reset when new Pokemon are used so if a fresh Pokemon comes out on Round 24, the ceiling will still open. If a Pokemon gets caught outside of the room, a Xatu will appear to teleport them back in but at a cost of 10% health.

This will be a 4 on 4. The DQ time is one week and I will send out first. However, we cannot use Pokemon that have a direct type advantage over the other so if I use a grass Pokemon, you can't use a fire or ice Pokemon. The Pokemon can have moves that are super effective against the opponent but type advantage is barred

Banned Moves: Rest, substitute, healing moves that don't damage (that includes status healers), perish song, spite, destiny bond, attract

Also, relax and sub moves are restricted. You can use relax up to three times per Pokemon and you can only sub one move per round

Ok, now that that's done, we'll begin. I'll start out with Orion (male Scizor)

Blademaster
24th October 2006, 05:44 PM
Why?

I'm just like any other battler, except with more experience than most

That's why. :heh:

A Scizor, eh? Then I'll fight fire with fire...

And Steel with Steel! Go, Grodus!

(tosses Pokeball; a blue-silver disk with claws and red eyes emerges)

"Metang..."

OK, Sir Grodus, start off with Iron Defense, then use Brick Break and end up with a Meteor Mash.

Move: Iron Defense, Brick Break, Meteor Mash

The_Missing_Link
24th October 2006, 06:58 PM
If he wants to raise his defense, we'll raise our attack. Use swords dance and then counter on the brick break. Then get up into the air and use silver wind

Swords Dance~Counter~Silver Wind

darktyranitar
29th October 2006, 04:56 AM
Hmmmmmm......

Eh, sure. Why not? I don't think reffing a gym battle is going to destroy me in my exam.

No worries, the ref's here! *put the "special" tags on* Ehhh... if you wanna put my "special" ref nickname on the topic, then go ahead, Blade.

Ain't I fearless... or is it stupid? Oh well... you're cool, Becca.... cool...

I've already worked on the reffing, so its should be up soon, I swear. And don't worry, Blade; I now take less time than usual to work on reffing ;).

Blademaster
29th October 2006, 02:28 PM
Heh... thank God for you, Faiz. Again, that's three of my matches you've saved. :D

darktyranitar
30th October 2006, 05:10 AM
No prob, bro. Hehe, I like to see that my nick's there! :D

Okay, here goes!

Blademaster VS The_Missing_Link (Gym Battle)

Round One

Banned move: Rest, Substitute, Direct Healing moves (Including status healing moves), Perish Song, Spite, Destiny Bond, Attract

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/212.png
Orion (M)
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Attack Command: Sword Dance ~ Counter ~ Silver Wind

Team Blademaster
OOOO

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/375.png
Grodus
Attack Command: Iron Defense ~ Brick Break ~ Meteor Mash

Background music: Flash of the blade~ Iron Maiden

Round One~ Begin!

The usual introduction to rules and stuffs ensues… and the battle begins! TML released her Scizor, Orion, while Blademaster chose his Metang, Grodus.

Grodus started off by casting a wall of Iron Defence around him, increasing his defence dramatically. On the opposing site, Orion began to spin around, increasing his attack dramatically.

It was Grodus’s turn again to do the first strike, swinging one of his arms like a karate master would. With little effort, Orion blocked the swing with one pincer, and then swinging Grodus with both arm next; a successful counterattack (6% damage).

Grodus’s hands then glowed with a bright, steely hue as he began charging them with his steel power. With a mighty heave, he thrust them both forward… only to meet the air. He looked up, and was met with a silvery wind of bug energy from Orion (5% damage). Grodus grumbled in his metallic voice; he was definitely not very happy with how thing went with the first round.

End of Round One

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
Energy: 88%
Sword Dance: Remain for next 3 round (+2 Attack)

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
HP: 89%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 3 round (+2 Defence)

The_Missing_Link attack first
Blademaster attack second

Arena Status: The White Room
Look good as new.

The_Missing_Link
1st November 2006, 08:24 PM
Go for a agility + fury cutter combo then use silver wind

Counter when necessary

Agility + Fury Cutter~Silver Wind

Blademaster
1st November 2006, 11:03 PM
OK, Grodus, let's approach this methodically...

If I've interpreted our gracious hostess' rules correctly, then Counter will replace her first attack - in this case, her first two attacks - if we strike Physically, and with the restriction of sub moves to one per round, Orion will be left helpless for at least one round.

So, screw up her combo by forcing a Counter with Fury Cutter - you can shake off a Countered Fury Cutter no problem. Then, while Orion tries to figure out a counterattack, hit him with an Earthquake. End the round by zooming through that Silver Wind and socking him with a Dynamicpunch.

If we screw up the timing and Orion gets off an attack first, then substitute Thunderpunch for Fury Cutter.

Move: Fury Cutter, Earthquake, Dynamicpunch
Sub: Thunderpunch, -----------, ---------------

EDIT: If you're watching this match, Chris, I'm NOT trying to influence the ref - I'm merely trying to explain my moves in an understandable way, since Becca's commands were... well, kinda vague.

The_Missing_Link
2nd November 2006, 12:47 AM
My one sub move per round means that people can't say, "Use safeguard if they use a status attack and shockwave if they don't use melee attacks"

Orion can use Counter all round if it applies (not sure about earthquake since it's a debatable attack)

Blademaster
2nd November 2006, 01:30 AM
Ah, I see - I wasn't sure if 'one counter per round' meant 'one counter' or 'one attack.'

Well, now I know better for later.

darktyranitar
2nd November 2006, 09:24 AM
Okay, so then Orion would score something like... 2 counter in this round? (I believe Earthquake is un-counterable) And would Grodus use a Fury Cutter then?

I'm just trying to get some clarification.

Knight of Time
2nd November 2006, 02:46 PM
Sorry to interrupt this gym battle, but when it comes to Earthquake, it's definitely un-Counterable (Mirror Coat doesn't work either with Earthquake as far as I know), I mean, this move involves no physical contact with the opponent, nor is it in a non-solid "beam" form that can be Mirror Coated, like Ice Beam or Flamethrower.

If you guys want an example of Counter failing against Earthquake, you're welcome to check out the battle I had with Dark Dragonite, when we were on our second Pokemon.

The_Missing_Link
2nd November 2006, 03:52 PM
Okay, so then Orion would score something like... 2 counter in this round? (I believe Earthquake is un-counterable) And would Grodus use a Fury Cutter then?

I'm just trying to get some clarification.

Honestly, it depends. Orion could pull off the combo before Grodus uses fury cutter or he could counter it

Not trying to pull you to my side but that's how I see it. After I saw Blade post I knew this round would cause trouble

Blademaster
2nd November 2006, 04:38 PM
OK, let's keep this simple:

If Grodus strikes first, his moves are Fury Cutter, Earthquake, and Dynamicpunch.
So, subsequently, Orion's moves would be Counter, ??????, and Counter.

If Orion strikes first, his moves are Agility/Fury Cutter and then Silver Wind.
Therefore, Grodus' moves would become Thunderpunch, Earthquake, and Dynamicpunch.

That's my interpretation, anyway; if I'm right, that leaves us with two options:

1. Figure out if Orion's second attack would be his combo, Silver Wind, or nothing at all.
2. Just forget it and redo attacks.

Becca's the Gym Leader - it's her call.

darktyranitar
3rd November 2006, 04:44 AM
I think I'll wait and see if there is any redo to be made before I work on the reffing.

darktyranitar
6th November 2006, 06:21 AM
Back. Sorry for the hold-up, but as you can see, I've been busy these days. Expect the next update a lot more slower than this. But no worry; I'll still be sticking with this.

Round Two

Banned move: Rest, Substitute, Direct Healing moves (Including status healing moves), Perish Song, Spite, Destiny Bond, Attract

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
Sword Dance: Remain for next 3 round (+2 Attack)
Attack Command: Agility + Fury Cutter ~ Silver Wind
Sub: Counter

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
HP: 89%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 3 round (+2 Defence)
Attack Command: Fury Cutter ~ Earthquake ~ Dynamicpunch
Sub: Thunderpunch

Round Two~ Begin!

All right, let’s get thing moving again…

The two went at each other, but being heavy put Grodus at a slight disadvantage when it comes to speed. Orion struck first, slashing away at Grodus (5% damage). Grodus grunted as he began charging his hands with electricity, and after finding an opening in the Fury Cutter, he delivered the punch (7% damage).

Grodus was fast to give an Earthquake attack, but he was soon disappointed to find that the soft ground didn’t really help much in amplifying the attack (9% damage). Orion was a bit shaken up, but nevertheless sends off a gust of silvery bug energy (6% damage).

And then Grodus came with a Dynamic Punch, but as Orion have used up the three attacks quota in one round, then he was powerless to defend against the powerful fighting attack (10% damage). Alas…

End of Round Two

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
HP: 74%
Energy: 79%
Sword Dance: Remain for next 2 round (+2 Attack)

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
HP: 78%
Energy: 75%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 2 round (+2 Defence)

Blademaster attack first
The_Missing_Link attack second

Long crack on the ground.

Blademaster
6th November 2006, 02:23 PM
Nicely done, Sir Grodus.

Now, let's start the round by taking away Orion's speedy edge - use a Scary Face on him! Then, follow up with another Thunderpunch, and end with Confusion.

Moves: Scary Face, Thunderpunch, Confusion

The_Missing_Link
10th November 2006, 01:37 AM
Orion, he's not going to move so close your eyes and use silver wind. Then use double team and another silver wind

Silver Wind~Double Team~Silver Wind

darktyranitar
13th November 2006, 09:04 PM

Round Three

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
Energy: 79%
Sword Dance: Remain for next 2 round (+2 Attack)
Attack Command: Silver Wind ~ Double Team ~ Silver Wind

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
HP: 78%
Energy: 75%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 2 round (+2 Defence)
Attack Command: Scary Face ~ Thunderpunch ~ Confusion

Ceiling opened

Round Three~ Begin!

Grodus whirred, closing his eyes as he suddenly became very still. He suddenly rolled his eyes up, his mouth slightly opened. It appeared that Orion wasn’t even one bit intimidated of this tactic- because his eyes were tightly closed. Grodus was then smacked by a Silver Wind from the eyes-closed Orion (6% damage).

Hands charged up with electricity, Grodus charged forward the seemingly unaware Orion. Calmly, Orion dodged to the side, creating five copies of him during the process. Grodus didn’t have enough time to change target, resulting in the crash into one of the clones. One down, five more to go.

Grodus looked around as he was ready for a Confusion; unfortunately, five Orion was a little bit… confusing for him. As he contemplated on his options, (the) Orion(s) used another Silver Wind (6% damage). Angered, Grodus chose one of the Orion and launched a small psychic blast towards it. It turned out to be a clone, much to his dismay.

Ceiling closed

End of Round Three

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
Energy: 68%
Double Team: 4 more clones remaining
Sword Dance: Remain for next 1 round (+2 Attack)

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
HP: 66%
Energy: 65%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 1 round (+2 Defence)

The_Missing_Link
22nd November 2006, 10:43 PM
Alright Orion, agility + metal claw combo to his horn and then use silver wind

Agility + Metal Claw~Silver Wind

Blademaster
23rd November 2006, 12:34 AM
Double Team to dodge, Swift to wipe the clones out, and then Dynamicpunch to do some hefty damage.

Move: Double Team, Swift, Dynamicpunch

Mega Horny
24th November 2006, 11:22 AM
Intense. Don't doubt i'm watching.

darktyranitar
24th November 2006, 10:16 PM
Mega Horny! Welcome back, bro!

No, no! Don't worry, this reffing will be done in a few hours time.

darktyranitar
25th November 2006, 08:52 AM
The ref is back! *get shot*

Round Four

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
Sword Dance: Remain for next 1 round (+2 Attack)
Attack Command: Agility + Metal Claw ~ Silver Wind

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
HP: 66%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 1 round (+2 Defence)
Attack Command: Double Team ~ Swift ~ Dynamicpunch

Round Four~ Begin!

Orion started off my moving real fast across the field, and… well, since he has four clones right behind his tail, it now seems as if there was about a dozen of Orion dashing about the field. Orion(s) dashed around, until each one of them stopped, leaving only one to make his way towards Grodus.

Whoosh. Orion’s Metal Claw passed right through Grodus. Looking around, Orion then realized that he had fell for the Double Team trick.

5 VS 5… Orion whipped up a Silver Wind, and by chance, it hit the real Grodus, shattering all of his clones (6% damage). Slightly angered, Grodus fired off a barrage of star-shaped energy- a Swift attack- that without a doubt, managed to dispose Orion’s clones, dealing damage at him all the same (5% damage).

Back to one on one.

Unfortunately, Orion had once again used up his three attack in one turn quota, so he was once again hit by the mighty Dynamic Punch… (10% damage)

End of Round Four

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
HP: 59%
Energy: 58%
Sword Dance ends

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
HP: 60%
Energy: 51%
Iron Defense ends

Blademaster attack first

Have you guys noticed something? Apparently, I made some error in calculating the last few rounds of energy loss. Oh well... *goes to edit*

Blademaster
26th November 2006, 11:55 AM
Renew Iron Defense, then hit Orion with Thunderpunch. End with Rock Smash.

Use Swift to counter Double Team.

Move: Iron Defense, Thunderpunch, Rock Smash
Sub: Swift (as needed)

The_Missing_Link
1st December 2006, 01:31 PM
Negate his pumped up defense with your pumped up offense - swords dance. Then put up a light screen and let's capitalize on his wasted attack with a metal claw to the horn

Swords Dance~Light Screen~Metal Claw

darktyranitar
7th December 2006, 10:24 PM
I know... I'm late again...

And Light Screen effect is only for a short while, right?

Round Five

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
HP: 59%
Energy: 58%
Sword Dance ends
Attack Command: Sword Dance ~ Light Screen ~ Metal Claw

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
HP: 60%
Energy: 51%
Iron Defense ends
Attack Command: Iron Defense ~ Thunderpunch ~ Rock Smash
Sub: Swift

Background music: Aces High~ Iron Maiden

Round Five~ Begin!

It’s a new round, and both Grodus and Orion are now depleted of their raised up attack/defence… or so it seem at first. After an Iron Defense and a Sword Dance, all is restored, and both Pokemon are now even.

It was Orion who got offensive last turn, and now it was Grodus’s turn. He charged towards Orion, his claws charged up with electricity. Ironically, Orion followed Grodus’s way and go for the defensive, setting up a translucent barrier just in time before the Thunderpunch attack would make contact. A good Thunderpunch attack was wasted, and Orion was safe for now.

Giving no time for the Metang to recover, Orion leapt towards him, altogether stopping his concentration on the barrier. Grodus managed to thrust his claws at Orion’s rib just as Orion’s pincer was making its way to his horn. A loud clang resonated, and both Pokemon were thrown towards the ground. (6% damage to Grodus, 5% damage to Orion).

End of Round Five

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
HP: 54%
Energy: 45%
Sword Dance: Remain for next 3 rounds (+2 Attack)

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
Energy: 40%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 3 rounds (+2 Defence)

The_Missing_Link
17th December 2006, 01:47 PM
Finals are done for me so now I can get back to this

Light Screen can last a few actions to a few rounds. Since you seem to go by the game standards, I would assume you would have light screen up for a few more rounds. And perhaps you can up the damage because this is taking a real long time

Silverwind x3

Blademaster
17th December 2006, 03:20 PM
Grodus! It's time to use some strategy...

Use Stranglehold (Agility to zoom behind Orion's head and latch claws around his neck), and then slam him in the back of the head with Brick Break twice!

Move: Stranglehold, Brick Break, Brick Break

darktyranitar
20th December 2006, 09:28 AM
Hey, what happened to the ref's nick? Does everyone hate the ref now? :(

Ah... about the battle taking so long... I'm afraid you have to find a new subref after the 31st of December. Sorry guys, but I'll be going for National Service for 3 month...

But while I'm still here... Hey, ho. Let's go!

Round Six

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
Light Screen status: Still standing
Sword Dance: Remain for next 3 rounds (+2 Attack)
Attack Command: Silver Wind ~ Silver Wind ~ Silver Wind

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
Energy: 40%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 3 rounds (+2 Defence)
Attack Command: Stranglehold (Agility) ~ Brick Break ~ Brick Break

Ceiling opened

Round Six~ Begin!

Orion once again began to conjure up a silver whirlwind- the Silver Wind- but Grodus had a plan. Using a high-speed manoeuvre, he hooked his claws around Orion’s neck, avoiding the attack and strangling Orion altogether.

Orion was ready for another round of Silver Wind, but with Grodus’s claws around his neck, he didn’t have enough room to breathe, and much less the chance to perform a perfectly executed Silver Wind. Grodus took advantage by delivering two Brick Break attack at the back of Orion’s head (16% damage), while Orion wasted two Silver Wind attack that simply whirred around Grodus.

And to think that the Light Screen would help…

Ceiling closed

End of Round Six

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
HP: 38%
Energy: 36%
Light Screen status: Nearly down
Sword Dance: Remain for next 2 rounds (+2 Attack)

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
Energy: 30%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 2 rounds (+2 Defence)

Blademaster attack first

The_Missing_Link
20th December 2006, 01:30 PM
Hey, Orion performed agility two rounds ago and it never gave him a long lasting speed boost. Why now with Grodus?

darktyranitar
20th December 2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry, will be fixed now.

Blademaster
20th December 2006, 07:45 PM
Nice work, Grodus!

Now, let go of Orion and slam him with a Thunderpunch twice. We all know what happens when electricity touches water, right? End the round by relaxing a bit.

If Thunderpunch shocks you as well for some reason, switch the second Thunderpunch to a Brick Break.

Move: Thunderpunch, Thunderpunch, Relax
Sub: -----------------, Brick Break, ---------

Blademaster
28th December 2006, 04:03 AM
It's been over a week, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of the Gym Leader.

DQ please...?

The_Missing_Link
28th December 2006, 01:23 PM
You know, you could've PMed me. I didn't know you posted attacks

Orion, agility out of the way then use two fury cutters

Agility~Fury Cutter x2

darktyranitar
31st December 2006, 09:35 AM
Last round I'll be reffing... sorry that I couldn't do any climatic last reffing here...

And be sure to treat the new subref that I got for this match: River! You guys be patient with her, okay? She's quite a busy girl.

Come 11th March, and I'll ref this match back. You can count on that!

Round Seven

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
HP: 38%
Energy: 36%
Light Screen status: Nearly down
Sword Dance: Remain for next 2 rounds (+2 Attack)
Attack Command: Agility ~ Fury Cutter ~ Fury Cutter

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
Iron Defense: Remain for next 2 rounds (+2 Defence)
Attack Command: Thunderpunch ~ Thunderpunch ~ Relax
Sub: Brick Break

Round Seven~ Begin!

Grodus charged up a Thunderpunch, thinking that he could shock Orion with the attack. He charged forward, but Whoosh! Orion came out behind him, giving quite a shock to Grodus.

A second Thunderpunch was charged up, but Orion was quick to give Grodus a fast and painful Fury Cutter (5% damage). But Grodus managed to swing his fist right on the target this time. Bam! Bzz! (9% damage)

Another Fury Cutter was thrown (6% damage), but Grodus had made no effort to attack this time; his eyes were closed, as he recollect some lost energy.

End of Round Seven

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
OOOO

Orion (M)
HP: 29%
Energy: 26%
Light Screen status: Down
Sword Dance: Remain for next 1 rounds (+2 Attack)

Team Blademaster
OOOO

Grodus
HP: 43%
Energy: 28%
Iron Defense: Remain for next 1 rounds (+2 Defence)

The_Missing_Link
9th January 2007, 10:47 AM
Yay for college starting back up

Silver Wind x3

Blademaster
13th January 2007, 07:11 AM
Yay indeed - makes my life a bit easier here. ^^;

Grodus, use another Stranglehold (Agility to zoom behind and latch claws around the enemies' neck), followed by a devastating Dynamicpunch to the back of the head. Then, finish by slugging him with Brick Break again.

Move: Stranglehold, Dynamicpunch, Brick Break

Pichu Luver
17th January 2007, 08:50 PM
Oooh lookie I'm Subbing a Gym Match! *bounces* What? Oh don't be silly, normalcy is relative.

-~*Blademaster VS The Missing Link*~-
∞}|Gym Match|{∞

Round Eight
---------***1/4 ~1/4***---------

Banned Moves: Rest, Substitute, Direct Healing moves (Including status healing moves), Perish Song, Spite, Destiny Bond, Attract. Relax and sub moves are restricted. You can use relax up to three times per Pokemon and you can only sub one move per round.

The ceiling is closed.
There is a long crack in the ground.

Sir Grodus Metang
Trained by: Blademaster
HP: 43%
Energy: 28% Relax's left: (2)
-:Attacks:-
Stranglehold/Dynamic Punch/Brick Break

Orion Scizor ♂
Trained by: The Missing Link
Energy: 26% Relax's left: (3)
Status: Slightly electrocuted, wet. Attack boosted (+2) one more round.
Silver Wind x Three

------******------

The new ref comes in through the wall, as she can see no other way in. Except for a very important note of she is jumping in on a pogo stick because she, er there was no other free phasers. All they had left was this pogo stick. So as she stops and pants the battlers get on with their matcharoo.

TML has issued very simple orders for Orion and he starts about them but again he finds himself strangled. Sir Grodus has zoomed around before Orion's attack could really get going. He clamps onto Orion's neck and Orion finds that his attack is much weakened, even though it is missing Sir Grodus completely.

Now Sir Grodus has a very nice shot at Orion. Orion can't get him off, though he is no longer being strangled. He whips up the attack, but once again is just goes around. It does minimal damage while Sir Grodus's does much more. He takes aim slams his fist into the back of Orion's head. Orion reels and clutches at his head with his claws. He stumbles about, Sir Grodus trying to stay on but finding it difficult.

Orion stops stumbling about and looks around. He blinks for a few seconds but thankfully remembers what he is to do. The whirlwind stirs up and Sir Grodus is right behind him getting minimal damage once more. He cocks his fist one final time and slams Orion right between the shoulder blades. Orion shouts and whirls, indignant and by now, quite beat up.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Sir Grodus Metang
HP: 37%
Energy: 16% Relax's left: (2)

Orion Scizor ♂
HP: 11%
Energy: 22% Relax's left: (3)
Status: Beat up, headache. Confused, 30% chance of hitting self. Very tired.

Sir Grodus got a total of 6% damage from only getting partially hit from the Silver Winds.

Orion got 10% damage from the Dynamic Punch and was confused. He also got 8% damage from the Brick Break.

Blademaster posts attacks first.

Blademaster
24th January 2007, 11:35 AM
OK, Grodus, let's finish this guy off. Start the round off by relaxing, and then finish Orion with two Brick Breaks back-to-back.

If Orion tries to avoid your Brick Breaks, then switch to Psychic and assault his mind directly!

Move: Relax, Brick Break, Brick Break
Sub: -------, Psychic, Psychic

The_Missing_Link
1st February 2007, 05:47 PM
Relax then counter his two brick breaks

Relax~Counter x2

Pichu Luver
7th February 2007, 06:51 PM
Ello.

∞}|Gym Match|{∞

Round Nine
---------***1/4 ~1/4***---------

Banned Moves: Rest, Substitute, Direct Healing moves (Including status healing moves), Perish Song, Spite, Destiny Bond, Attract. Relax and sub moves are restricted. You can use relax up to three times per Pokemon and you can only sub one move per round.

The ceiling is open, pouring buckets of Rain.

Sir Grodus Metang
HP: 37%
Energy: 16% Relax's left: (2)
Relax/Brick Break x Two

Orion Scizor ♂
HP: 11%
Energy: 22% Relax's left: (3)
Status: Beat up, headache. Confused, 30% chance of hitting self. Very tired.
Relax/Counter x Two

------******------

With a click the roof of the arena starts to open. The second a crack appears, water pours in. The Ref hastily puts up an umbrella, the trainers doing likewise. The Roof slides into its catch with a quiet click, barely audible over the rain. Meanwhile the two Poké's are sitting and taken a chill pill, not really minding the rain as it slides right off their metallic hides.

Then Sir Grodus err, lets go of the ground and lifts upwards. He slams his hands together, grinning, before racing at Orion. He pulls back his right arm and an orange energy flickered, and then glows around it. Orion may seem to just be standing there but his skin has gained an extra shine to it, glowing just a little as well. Sir Grodus reaches him and slams his hand into the bug. He feels satisfaction for about two seconds before the energy surrounding Orion flashes orange and explodes on him. He tumbles through the air, finally stopping just short of the wall.

Sir Grodus grunted and slammed his hands together again, quite hard, while he glared at Orion. Orion just gazed impassively back, his eyes seeming a little confused, but he manages to do as his trainer asks. He is quite battered though. Sir Grodus rushes at Orion, trying again. He slams his left fist into his chest, but is then sent, once again, reeling backwards. He tumbles, and in that tumbling misses his foe simply slumping over, out cold. When he stops spinning, it is obvious he is very battered, but he notices that Orion is down, and grins. He er, beeps (?) very happily, doing a mini-boogie.

Lastly the ceiling slowly closes, the rain finally being shut out.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Sir Grodus Metang
HP: 7%
Energy: 20% Relax's left: (1)

Orion Scizor ♂
HP: 0%
Energy: 26%

Sir Grodus got a total of 30% damage. 16% from the first Counter, and 14% from the last, as less damage was need to faint Orion.

Orion got 6% damage from the Brick Break, and 5% from the last as that was all that was needed to faint him.

TML posts her new Poké and her attacks.

If TML let's Blademaster post a new Poké then it's:

Blademaster posts his Poké (so its a switch from the first round)
Then TML posts hers, with attacks.

Unless TML has something weird and Gym like, then *waves hands* go and do.

The_Missing_Link
9th February 2007, 12:47 PM
Good job, Orion *recalls* I'll use Chiron next ("male" Starmie")

Icy Wind x3

Blademaster
11th February 2007, 09:21 AM
A Starmie?! Coolness! I've always wanted to battle one of these guys!

OK, Grodus, we're gonna start this round off strong! Use Agility to dodge the first Icy Wind and get behind Chiron, and then use Explosion!

You've done well, Grodus...

Pichu Luver
19th February 2007, 08:43 PM
I's am late, *bows* I award a free twack to you each.

∞}|Gym Match|{∞

Round Ten
---------****1/4 ~2/4****---------

Sir Grodus Metang
HP: 7%
Energy: 20% Relax's left: (1)
Agility/Explosion

Chiron Starmie ∞
Energy: 100% Relax's left: (3)
Icy Wind x Three

------******------

TML quickly returns her a-la-clunk Scizor. In turn she tosses out her 'male' Starmie, Chiron. Sir Grodus eyes his opponent tiredly, almost out himself. Chiron takes his orders and fires off his wind of frosty owness. Sir Grodus tries to zip around, but he's tired, and Chiron is MUCH faster then Grodus can ever really be. The wind follows him around, coating his hide in frost. Thankfully, Icy Winds damage is almost negligible against Sir Grodus's steel body.

Chiron spins around and starts his attack but Sir Grodus is not gunna let him do this. His body glows bright white, and all the people in the room duck and cover. The light grows until a ball of it surrounds him. It suddenly sinks to a pinpoint and then explodes outwards, engulfing Chiron. The light hits all the walls, multiple waves. They are only [i]just[/]i absorbed by the walls. The ground is ripped to shreds, the grass flying through the air.

Chiron is looking rather blackish at the moment. He keels over, not out, but certainly stunned. Now what is left of Sir Grodus? Well um, those red eyes and blue metal Frisbees sticking out of the white cushioning certainly weren't there before. The wall seems to be making odd groaning noises too . . .

---------******---------

Pokémon

Sir Grodus Metang
Energy: 4%
Status: There's going to pieces and then there's Sir Grodus . . .

Chiron Starmie ∞
HP: 75%
Energy: 93% Relax's left: (3)

Sir Grodus went nuclear, end of story. . . . If you must, the two Icy Wind's did a total of 6%.

Orion got 25% damage from the exploderization of Sir Grodus.

Blademaster posts new Poké and attacks first.

The_Missing_Link
27th February 2007, 01:33 AM
Blademaster, a week and a day has already passed. If you don't post by tomorrow at 3 PM EST, you will be DQed

Blademaster
27th February 2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry; this battle goes so slow it's kinda hard to keep track of.

Now, since Starmie covers every strength and weakness I have, I guess my choice is obvious... Go, Oho Jee! (M Whismur)

(Oho Jee pops out in a flash of light)

"Whissss..."

Oho Jee, use Astonish to distract Chiron, then hit it with Hyper Voice while it's distracted. End with a Shock Wave.

Move: Stonish, Hyper Voice, Shock Wave

The_Missing_Link
1st March 2007, 07:24 PM
Hit him with a confuse ray then strike with a flash then toxic

Confuse Ray~Flash~Toxic

Pichu Luver
6th March 2007, 08:03 PM
∞}|Gym Match|{∞

Round Eleven
---------****2/4 ~2/4****---------

Oho Jee Whismer ♂
Energy: 100% Relax's left: (3)
Astonish/Hyper Voice/Shock Wave

Chiron Starmie ∞
HP: 75%
Energy: 93% Relax's left: (3)
Confuse Ray/Flash/Toxic

------******------

Blademaster tosses a Pokéball and a Whismer appears to grace the field with its presence. Chiron doesn't seem to be worried with this and abruptly sends out a beam of white light right at Jee. He winces and then, well those Pidgey weren't there before were they? For now she shrugs and rushes at Chiron. About five feet out he zips to the side and then zips back to slam Chiron in his side. He merely 'hi-ya's' a little in annoyance, it stung, but wasn't horrible.

Still, he didn't appreciate it and his core starts to glow. Jee looks at it curiously and then yells as a blindingly bright light rushes at his eyes. He whimpers and rubs at his eyes to no avail. All he can see is white and grey. Thankfully he doesn't need to see his opponent to attack him, and it might hit those annoying Pidgey too, which are screeching at him quite annoyingly. He takes a deep breath and screams and cries as loud as he can. All three people in the vicinity wince and cover their ears, but Chiron groans as the sound assaults his hearing. It is giving him a massive headache.

Chiron shakes the last of the effects off and starts his stomach a gurgling. It doesn't' take long as he doesn't have much of a stomach. He points and splatters the little screecher with poisonous fluids. Poor Jee wipes away what he can feel, but quite a bit gets absorbed into him. He yells at Chiron, quite peeved, but doesn't realize he is facing the wall. It is all right however as he charges his body and fires, the electricity takes a u-turn and slams into Chiron anyway. The tweeties are REALLY started to get to him though . . .

---------******---------

Pokémon

Oho Jee Whismer ♂
Energy: 91% Relax's left: (3)
Status: Feeling annoyed. Confused, 30% chance of hitting self. Blinded for 3 more turns. Poisoned 2% next turn.

Chiron Starmie ∞
HP: 48%
Energy: 86% Relax's left: (3)

Oho Jee was not hit, though he was uberly statused.

Orion got 6% damage from the Astonish, 9% damage from the Hyper Voice and 12% damage from the Shock Wave.

TML posts attacks first.

The_Missing_Link
10th March 2007, 01:50 PM
Ok Chiron, use blizzard then a psychic to blow him backwards and finally, tri attack

Blizzard~Psychic~Tri Attack

Blademaster
11th March 2007, 05:17 PM
Oho Jee, I want you to Relax and try to clear your mind - between a few moments of rest and that Blizzard, we might just clear your mind a bit. From there, counter the blindness with a double Shock Wave.

Move: Relax, Shock Wave, Shock Wave

darktyranitar
18th March 2007, 12:26 AM
All right... it's about time I get back reffing this...

Uh... can you guys wait for a while? Haven't done reffing for some time... need to get back the vibe first...

~Faiz

The_Missing_Link
18th March 2007, 04:47 AM
No offense and all but I'd prefer it if River continued reffing the battle. I just think she has more experience under her belt and in a gym battle, I consider it really important

Blademaster
18th March 2007, 11:43 AM
No offense and all but I'd prefer it if River continued reffing the battle. I just think she has more experience under her belt and in a gym battle, I consider it really important

Well, no offense and all, but, which one of us has more experience battling, Bec?

You.

Which of us is currently winning this battle?

Me.

Experience is just a word. Faiz is a fine ref, and he's also (marginally) faster than Rio, so my vote goes to keeping him as the ref.

The_Missing_Link
18th March 2007, 03:34 PM
I didn't want to say it outright but I think she's a better ref and I don't give a flip about how fast a reffing is

And how are you correlating battling experience to reffing experience? They're two different things

Blademaster
18th March 2007, 06:59 PM
They're both types of experience; the fact that River's rank is higher and her reffings are fancier doesn't instantly make her more experienced, just as your rankings as Mod and Gym Leader don't necessarily make you more experienced (And I mean that in the least offensive way possible.).

I prefer Faiz's more concised, easy-on-the-eyes style and the fact that he doesn't have Super-Effective moves literally do double the damage like River does. So, my vote still goes to him.

Pichu Luver
19th March 2007, 11:20 AM
Oo''' *Note to self* Next time you don't come on for a few days, leave a notice for the world not to implode. Heh.

Well I'm sorry TML but I'm handing it back to DT. When he asked me if I would take it over while he was away, he said he would like it back when he returned. I said sure, so its his. Thanks for thinking I'm a good Ref, but I can't go back on my word to him. I mean no offense to anyone, but I may have a higher rank, but no issues were raised when DT first signed on to do this, so I think he'll be fine with it.

darktyranitar
21st March 2007, 05:42 AM
I'll admit, my reffing's not the best here, and it could use more improvement.

But I would really, really like to continue this one, and I'd appreciate it if I could keep my hands on reffing this match.

And since both Blade and Rio have no problem with me reffing this match again, I hope that it won't be too much of a problem to let me stay on this match.

...Let's get back into this match just like the way we used to:

(Tribute to MLG)

Round Twelve

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XOOO

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/121.png
Chiron
HP: 48%
Energy: 86%
Attack Command: Blizzard ~ Psychic ~ Tri-Attack

Team Blademaster
XOOO

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/293.png
Oho Jee (M)
Energy: 91%
Confused
Flash ~ Blinded for three more turn
Toxic ~ 2% damage this turn
Attack Command: Relax ~ Shock Wave ~ Shock Wave

Background music: Shiver ~ Coldplay

Ceiling opened

Round Twelve~ Begin!

A change of ref once again… as ref River hands the reffing back to the hands of (the original ref) dt. And no sooner that he entered the room that the ceiling above them opened, and it began to hail down at them – ice the size of a golf ball.

While the three human ran for cover, the two Pokemon tried to remain focused, but it was hard to do, being constantly pummelled by the hail and all. Both Pokemon were slightly hurt from being hit by the hail, but it was Oho Jee whose skin was less tougher than those of Chiron’s that was more affected by the hail (3% damage to Chiron, 4% damage to Oho Jee) Though dazed and annoyed, Oho Jee sat down and tried to relax… to clear his mind from all this. Meanwhile, swirls of wind and ice began to form in front of Chiron’s core, and as the Blizzard attack was released, bits of ices from the hail become mixed in the attack, and the attack hit Jee with a slight added punch in it (13% damage).

Jee might be cold and shivering, but the good news is that his confusion was gone. And he… nope, he didn’t manage to perform his attack as he was attacked by a psychic blow from Chiron, blasting him backward (8% damage). Jee stumbled and stood up, and without further thought, he blasted a familiar Shockwave attack, managing to hit Chiron despite the badly-aimed attack (8% damage).

Grunting in his emotionless tone, Chiron zoomed towards Jee, his core growing with the trio power of fire, ice and lightning. Sensing the incoming attack, Jee fired another Shockwave attack, and this time, it hit Chiron dead-on without having to take a divert its path first (8% damage). Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough to halt Chiron’s advance, and Jee was hit with the trio-power attack (6% damage).

Ceiling closed

End of Round Twelve

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XOOO

Chiron
Energy: 73%

Team Blademaster
XOOO

Oho Jee (M)
HP: 67%
Energy: 90%
(Relax = 2)
Confusion gone
Flash ~ Blinded for two more turn
Toxic ~ 4% damage next turn

Blademaster attack first

Ground is in a mess, ice balls are scattered on the ground

Once again, thanks to River for the (awesome) subreffing!
And if there's any dissatisfaction...well, you can always get a gun and start shooting me...

Blademaster
21st March 2007, 01:03 PM
Well, Oho Jee, since you can't see...

Use a dead-on Shock Wave, followed by another Hyper Voice. End with another guaranteed hit - Shock Wave again!

Move: Shock Wave, Hyper Voice, Shock Wave

The_Missing_Link
26th March 2007, 07:36 PM
Psychic three times to prevent him from releasing his attacks. Throw him into the wall to disrupt him

Psychic x3

darktyranitar
29th March 2007, 10:36 AM
I like the new smilies, like the :pokeball-go: and the :emo: one.

:911: Idiot

:waycool: :lemoncool:

Right, let's get to the reffing...

Round Thirteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XOOO

Chiron
Energy: 73%
Attack Command: Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

Team Blademaster
XOOO

Oho Jee (M)
(Relax = 2)
Confusion gone
Flash ~ Blinded for two more turn
Toxic ~ 4% damage next turn
Attack Command: Shockwave ~ Hyper Voice ~ Shockwave

Round Thirteen~ Begin!

Shockwave is fast, effective, and reliable.

That was what crossed Jee’s mind as he readies himself for another Shockwave attack. Chiron was quick to throw him to the wall though- Psychic style (8% damage). Fortunately for Jee, he Shockwave attack is quick to set up, and it does its good job as usual (8% damage).

But for the next attack… Chiron repeats his bang-a-Whismur-to-the-wall routine, and this knocks the breath out of Jee, rendering him unable to do what he does best- shouting out loud (8% damage).

Last turn for the round… same deal as the first turn: Chiron slam Jee to the wall, Jee tried a Shockwave… and fail, as the impact from being slammed to the wall begins to take its toll on him (8% damage to Jee).

And let’s not forget about the toxic inside Jee (4% reduce of HP).

End of Round Thirteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XOOO

Chiron
HP: 21%
Energy: 61%

Team Blademaster
XOOO

Oho Jee (M)
HP: 49%
Energy: 81%
(Relax = 2)
Flash ~ Blinded for one more turn
Toxic ~ 8% damage next turn

The_Missing_Link
3rd April 2007, 03:19 PM
We can't do much so put up a light screen and use two blizzards

Light Screen~Blizzard x2

Blademaster
4th April 2007, 09:07 AM
Blizzard, eh...?

OK, Oho Jee, I know you're hurting, but we can still beat this demonic starfish.

Use Hyper Voice three times in a row and bring that thing DOWN!

Move: Ultra Scream (Hyper Voice x3)

darktyranitar
11th April 2007, 05:00 AM

Round Fourteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XOOO

Chiron
HP: 21%
Energy: 61%
Attack Command: Light Screen ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard

Team Blademaster
XOOO

Oho Jee (M)
HP: 49%
(Relax = 2)
Flash ~ Blinded for one more turn
Toxic ~ 8% damage next turn
Attack Command: Hyper Voice ~ Hyper Voice ~ Hyper Voice

Round Fourteen~ Begin!

Now with the Whismur put at a safe distance away from him, Chiron goes defensive by setting up a translucent shield before him. From his current location, Jee readied himself for his next attack, and without any prior warning, let out a massive cry that was so loud that the shield was almost broke down. But the shield does not matter, as the sound was carried towards Chiron via echo (9% damage).

Stepping from the almost-down shield, Chiron blasted a harsh, cold wind towards Jee (12% damage). Jee continued his shouting –since Whismur inhale through their ear canals, then they can continue their cry without having to catch their breath – ignoring the ice that starts to cover his body (9% damage)…

Another blizzard, and another shout…

Chiron dropped on the floor, unconscious (9% damage), whilst Jee froze at his current spot, covered in ice from head to toe (12% damage). Though frozen, the toxic continues to eat away his health (8% damage).

End of Round Fourteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

Chiron
Energy: 0%

Team Blademaster
XOOO

Oho Jee (M)
HP: 17%
Energy: 66%
(Relax = 2)
Toxic ~ 16% damage next turn

The_Missing_Link choose Pokemon
Blademaster attack first

The_Missing_Link
11th April 2007, 08:45 AM
I'll use Nightshade, my male Alakazam

Blademaster
11th April 2007, 06:35 PM
Well, Oho Jee, you've done well... Let's go down with a bang, eh?

Use Flamethrower until the ice is melted away, and then Shadow Ball until you go down.

Move: Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Shadow Ball
Sub: Flamethrower

The_Missing_Link
16th April 2007, 08:20 PM
Put up a safeguard, then use double team and shockwave

Safeguard~Double Team~Shockwave

darktyranitar
19th April 2007, 10:56 AM

Round Fifteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

http://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/065.png
Nightshade (M)
Attack Command: Safeguard ~ Double Team ~ Shockwave

Team Blademaster
XOOO

http://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/293.png
Oho Jee (M)
(Relax = 2)
Toxic ~ 16% damage this turn
Attack Command: Flamethrower ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball
Sub: Flamethrower

Ceiling opened

Round Fifteen~ Begin!

Recalling her fallen Chiron, TML – rather quick and efficiently – produced upon her third Pokemon. Nightshade the Alakazam emerged with a determined cry.

And just in time for the hail to come down (3% damage to both Pokemon).

Oho Jee shivered. This was not a good time to hail. The drop of temperature, plus the ice stones striking him down didn’t help him at all. He quickly went for a Flamethrower, starting slowly with a small ember, before moving for a full torrent of flame. Slowly, the ice melted away… Meanwhile, Nightshade was holding both his hands in front of him, creating a barrier around him.

Jee wasted no time in firing a Shadow Ball towards Nightshade. Or where he thought the original Nightshade was. There was now five Nightshade, and he sure don’t have any idea which one was the real one.

Jee decided to test his luck, firing another Shadow Ball at one of the Nightshades. No, the attack passed right through it. Just another clone. The real Nightshade then sparked with electricity, before sending a fork of electricity towards Jee (6% damage).

Jee then staggered, as the poison in his body begin to eat away his health. He made one last shout, more like a squeak actually, before he fell to the floor – face first. Ouch.

It was turn for Blademaster to choose his next Pokemon.

Ceiling closed

End of Round Fifteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

Nightshade (M)
HP: 97%
Safeguard ~ Up for 3 more turn
Double Team ~ 3 more clones remaining

Team Blademaster
XXOO

http://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/293.png
Oho Jee (M)
Energy: 0%

Blademaster choose Pokemon

Blademaster
19th April 2007, 05:55 PM
Oho Jee, return!

(recalls the Whismur in a pink flash)

Rest easy, little buddy... You did great.

OK, Becky, I'll match your magic with a magician of my own!

(gets out a Pokeball; tosses it)

Go, Valentina!

(Pokeball bursts open to reveal a feminine figure with white skin, green hair, and large red eyes, clad in what looks like a white tutu)

"Kirlia!"

The_Missing_Link
25th April 2007, 04:56 PM
Use shockwave, metronome and tri attack. Disable if she tries imprison

Shockwave~Metronome~Tri Attack

Blademaster
26th April 2007, 10:28 PM
Hit him with a Shadow Ball, then fire off a Will-O-Wisp and end with Magical Leaf.

If Metronome yields a Super-Effective move, Teleport instead.

Move: Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Magical Leaf
Sub: --------------, Teleport, ------------------

darktyranitar
30th April 2007, 08:34 AM
Trying my hand at some new reffing formatting.

Round Sixteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

Nightshade (M)
HP: 97%
Safeguard ~ Up for 3 more turn
Double Team ~ 3 more clones remaining
Attack Command: Shockwave ~ Metronome ~ Tri Attack
Sub: Disable

Team Blademaster
XXOO

http://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/281.png
Valentina (F)
Attack Command: Shadow Ball ~ Will-O-Wisp ~ Magical Leaf
Sub: Teleport

Just ~ Radiohead

Round Sixteen~ Begin!

Recalling his fallen Whismur, Blademaster send out his third Pokemon. Valentina the Kirlia emerged, curtseying towards her opponent before going into action.

Nightshade was first to attack, sending tendrils of electricity towards Valentina (6% damage). Valentina grumbled for being attacked first, holding out her hands besides her, a small dark energy ball being formed. After the ball had grown into a considerably large mass, she thrust it to the area between the groups of Nightshade. A small explosion of dust and darkness energy occurred, leaving behind a single Nightshade (9% damage).

Then Nighshade held out both his spoon forward, and began to wag them. Everyone held their breath in anticipation, waiting for whatever it was to come out.

Nightshade stopped wagging his spoons.

There was a sudden flash, followed with an attack from Nightshade. He rushed towards Velentina, and began to kick her. Three successful kick (4% damage). That was the least of Valentina’s worry now, so she took the attack, and retaliated by scorching Nightshade. But she had failed to take Nightshade’s Safeguard into consideration. Alas.

Suddenly, Valentina produced a dozen or so colourful leaves that appeared to come out of thin air. The said leaves then flew across Nightshade, slashing their way over his skin (6% damage). Nightshade swished his spoons, sending out a beam of the three elements of fire, ice, and lightning (8% damage). Valentina shook from the hit, but appears to be okay.

End of Round Sixteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

Nightshade (M)
HP: 82%
Energy: 76%
Safeguard ~ Up for 2 more turn

Team Blademaster
XXOO

Valentina (F)

Blademaster attack first

Ground is in a mess, ice balls are scattered on the ground. A small crater is formed on the ground.

Blademaster
5th May 2007, 10:09 AM
New reffing style is lookin' good, Faiz. :yes:

Now, Valentina, this guy is pretty tough. We have to take this slowly.

First, try and Captivate him. Then, try a Shadow Ball, and finish with an Ice Punch.

If he tries a status-inducing move, use Safeguard.

Move: Captivate, Shadow Ball, Ice Punch
Sub: Safeguard

The_Missing_Link
6th May 2007, 07:45 PM
Close your eyes and use flash. Then use a double shadowball

Flash~Shadowball x2

darktyranitar
13th May 2007, 11:12 AM
Next reffing won't be up for a while.

Round Seventeen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

Nightshade (M)
Energy: 76%
Safeguard ~ Up for 2 more turn

Attack Command: Flash ~ Shadowball ~ Shadowball

Team Blademaster
XXOO

Valentina (F)
Attack Command: Captivate ~ Shadowball ~ Ice Punch

Just ~ Radiohead

Round Seventeen~ Begin!

Valentina cocked her head towards her side, hands behind her back in a display of cuteness. Such a display went unnoticed by Nightshade, who closed his eyes upon his trainer’s command. He then let out a bright flash of light, and… well, since Valentina was doing the whole puppy eyes thing, she was instantly blinded. And badly, too.

Seeing her dazed state, Nightshade quickly gathered a mass of darkness energy. Though still dazed and blinded, Velentina quickly gathered a mass of darkness energy herself. Both Pokemon attacked… and by pure chance, both attack hit each respective target (10% damage to Valentina, 9% damage to Nightshade).

Staggering from the previous attack, Valentina began channelling her energy to her fist, calling on the element of ice. She staggered towards Nightshade, swinging her fist. She missed.

Nightshade blasted another darkness energy ball towards Valentina, sending the Kirlia flying away before she hits the ground (10% damage).

End of Round Seventeen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

Nightshade (M)
HP: 73%
Safeguard ~ Up for 1 more turn

Team Blademaster
XXOO

Valentina (F)
HP: 62%
Energy: 80%
Flash ~ Blinded

Ground is in a mess, ice balls are scattered on the ground. Small craters are formed on the ground.

The_Missing_Link
16th May 2007, 11:42 AM
Relax then use shockwave and another shadowball. Disable if imprison is used

Relax~Shockwave~Shadowball

Blademaster
18th May 2007, 02:08 PM
Launch a Shock Wave while Nightshade is relaxing, and then, since you can't see, listen for that Shock Wave, and then make a weak 10% Substitute to absorb it and the Shadow Ball. Then, after Nightshade has used up all three of his attacks, Imprison him.

Move: Shock Wave, Substitute, Imprison

The_Missing_Link
25th May 2007, 01:49 PM
Substitute is not allowed. There are no redo's

Blademaster
27th May 2007, 01:23 AM
There are no redo's

I don't mean to split hairs, but I don't recall reading that in the rules you set at the start of this match.

The_Missing_Link
27th May 2007, 09:20 AM
I didn't put it in because in every match, if you have restrictions, you would assume your opponent would follow them and vice versa. If someone happens to break the restrictions, the opponent has the choice as to whether or not to they will allow them to post new attacks. As I am more strict about rules in gym battles, I vote no

darktyranitar
4th June 2007, 08:47 AM
*sigh* Another day, another dollar...

Sorry for the lateness.

EDITED

Round Eighteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO
Nightshade (M)
HP: 73%
Safeguard ~ Up for 1 more turn

Attack Command: Relax ~ Shockwave ~ Shadowball
Sub: Imprison

Team Blademaster
XXOO
Valentina (F)
Flash ~ Blinded

Attack Command: Shockwave ~ Substitute ~ Imprison

Just ~ Radiohead

Ceiling opened

Round Eighteen~ Begin!

Thinking that being blinded would leave Valentina unable to attack him easily, Nightshade settled down to relax for a bit. Only that Valentina is capable of doing a never miss Shockwave attack. And that was exactly what she did (6% damage).

What follow next is the case of miscommunication, as Valentina was ordered to perform a Substitute. The problem was that Substitute is banned, and so Valentina was left with a wasted attack. Nightshade was happy to return the favour by giving out his own Shockwave attack (7% damage).

Silence pass. Nightshade waits for the next action from Valentina. Seeing that the Kirlia was quite still, Nightshade quickly summoned a ball of darkness, hurling it straight at Valentina. But as the attack connected (10% damage), Nightshade felt the strangest thing - a sudden feeling of restriction has suddenly fell upon him. It was as if he had suddenly forgot to use some of his attacks.

Ceiling closed

End of Round Eighteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO
Nightshade (M)
Energy: 59%
Imprisoned

Team Blademaster
XXOO
Valentina (F)
HP: 45%
Energy: 71%
Flash ~ Blinded

Blademaster attack first

Ground is in a mess, ice balls are scattered on the ground. Small craters are formed on the ground.

The_Missing_Link
4th June 2007, 11:17 AM
Now it's my turn to be nitpicky. In my orders, I ordered Nightshade to use disable if imprison was used. Blade ordered that Valentina use imprison after all three attacks were used. So that means either Nightshade manages to pull off a shadowball or he's able to disable the imprison, although I'm inclined to believe the former is the more likely to occur

darktyranitar
5th June 2007, 08:31 AM
Ugh. Sorry. Was not thinking clearly when posting. I'll edit it soon.

Blademaster
6th June 2007, 01:08 PM
Nitpickiness is your friend. Except when you're the one being nitpicked against. Put that on a T-shirt and sell it. :o

Valentina, if you can't see Nightshade, then we have to rely on your other senses. Listen for wherever that... whatever it is, and then fire off a Will-o-Wisp at it. Then use Shadow Ball twice.

If Nightshade manages to set up a Safeguard before Will-O-Wisp makes contact, then grab yourself a Safeguard of your own.

Move: Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Ball, Shadow Ball

The_Missing_Link
14th June 2007, 05:25 PM
Use kinesis and a double psywave to push the shadowballs back at her

Kinesis~Psywave x2

Blademaster
28th June 2007, 07:55 AM
Where'd Faiz go? Did he post in the Absence Tower and I missed it again? :confused:

darktyranitar
28th June 2007, 09:15 AM
Nay. I... was busy with stuff. Dang, I really want to ref this, but with the limited time on the PC...

I'll see if I can get any solid internet connection this weekend.

darktyranitar
2nd July 2007, 09:01 AM
*copy and paste*

Sorry for the lateness.

Complain if errors are present. Thank you.

Round Nineteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO
Nightshade (M)
Energy: 59%
Imprisoned
Attack Command: Kinesis ~ Psywave ~ Psywave
Sub: Imprison

Team Blademaster
XXOO
Valentina (F)
Flash ~ Blinded

Attack Command: Will-O-Wisp ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball

Just ~ Radiohead

Round Nineteen~ Begin!

Still blinded, Valentina relied on her sense of hearing as she waited for the next attack from Nightshade. Feeling something was coming towards her, she let loose a wheel of fire towards where she heard - correction, felt - the attack was coming. Both fire and psychic collided with each other and fizzled harmlessly - and Valentina was quite dissapointed.

Still, there was a chance for her to strike big. She thought that a Shadow Ball should do the job. The ball of darkness energy went straight towards Nightshade, but was then reflected - just as it was inches from hitting him - by a Psywave from Nightshade. Sadly, the reflected Shadow Ball swerved past Valentina.

Frowning, Valentina repeated the process - as does Nightshade. In this case, the first cut isn't the deepest, as the act of redirecting a second Shadow Ball prove to be a bit too much for Nightshade (energy-wise; it's not easy to reflect an attack with a semi-powerful psychic attack) as it is to Valentina -as the attack hit home this time (9% damage).

But on the bright sight... Valentina was starting to gain her eyesight back. Wonder what will happen next?

End of Round Nineteen

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO
Nightshade (M)
Energy: 48%

Imprisoned

Team Blademaster
XXOO
Valentina (F)
HP: 53%

The_Missing_Link
7th July 2007, 11:47 AM
How did you ref kinesis? Because it looks like you reffed it like psybeam. How can you hear kinesis if it's a mind attack? She was told to listen, not sense attacks

Triple metronome

Blademaster
9th July 2007, 09:59 PM
Hone in on Nightshade as best you can, then fire off three Shadow Balls at him.

Blademaster
19th July 2007, 09:04 AM
Sorry to be repititious, but...

Where'd Faiz go? Did he post in the Absence Tower and I missed it again? :confused:

darktyranitar
21st July 2007, 10:06 PM
*copy and paste again*

Sorry for the lateness.

And I'd like to make an announcement (good news? I hope) that I will be dropping out from this match. College life has taken a lot out of me... and here we are, 8 month, and still the match is not finished >>. So yeah, hope you guys can find a better ref. Thank you, and bye-bye.

Have a nice day! :)

Round Twenty

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO
Nightshade (M)
HP: 61%
Energy: 48%

Imprisoned

Attack Command: Metronome ~ Metronome ~ Metronome
(Minimize ~ Horn Drill ~ Ice Beam)

Team Blademaster
XXOO
Valentina (F)
HP: 27%
Energy: 60%
Attack Command: Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball

Just ~ Radiohead

It was quite ironic. Valentina’s eyesight has returned, but…

When she saw that Nightshade was going for metronome, she didn’t expect to see him pull off a minimize attack. Valentina narrowed her eyes so hard that they begin to water, until she could catch a glimpse of Nightshade. Taking a deep breath, she fired off Shadow Ball – not one, but three. This was followed by a huge explosion and a cloud of dust.

Nightshade was slowly getting up from the awesome power of the triple Shadow Ball (and successive hit too; 27% damage).

The second metronome (though that is barely visible to Valentina)… and Valentina felt something piercing through her. She quickly shook herself vigorously, and that seems to work in getting Nightshade off from her. A good thing too – if she was left longer, the effect from the metronomed Horn Drill would have taken place at full force.

And then it was an Ice Beam, which did a considerable amount of damage to Valentina (8% damage). And Nightshade was still in his minimized form…

Round Twenty~ Begin!

End of Round Twenty

Stats:

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO
Nightshade (M)
HP: 34%
Energy: 34%

Imprisoned

Team Blademaster
XXOO
Valentina (F)
HP: 19%

Blademaster attack first

Ground is in a mess, ice balls are scattered on the ground. A few more craters were formed on the ground.

Blademaster
22nd July 2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for everything, Faiz - we'll miss you.

OK, I will, anyway... :sweat:

Now, while we wait for a subref...

Val, our best bet is to weaken that... thing... as much as we can, *while* we still can.

Use Confuse Ray until it works, then Toxic until it works, and if you have time left, hit him with a Shock Wave.

If Nightshade closes his eyes or uses Double Team, omit the status moves and use Shock Wave instead.

Move: Confuse Ray, Toxic, Shock Wave
Sub: Shock Wave

The_Missing_Link
24th July 2007, 10:30 PM
It worked for us before...

Metronome x3

DarkestLight
25th July 2007, 06:11 AM
o.O ::Raises hand::

Anyone liking me to ref? << >> I'll pick it up for you guys if ya want. ...Gonna cut myself off of reffing matches after this one {10 is...possibly my limit for now) to avoid burnout. n_n No worries, I can handle it. Just wanna know if you two are cool with me reffing.

The_Missing_Link
25th July 2007, 12:12 PM
Fine with me

Blademaster
25th July 2007, 07:41 PM
Not like I'd have a choice either way, but Darkly's a damn good ref, and he got jipped outta my 4-way battle... So he's cool in my book.

DarkestLight
25th July 2007, 08:18 PM
Ok. Let's finish as Strong as we've began n_n. I'll not be keeping the original formatting...so I apologize if its bad on the eyes.

Also any problems, hit me back immediately. n_n

Blademaster vs The Missing Link
Gym Match!!!!!

Round 21 (only Round 1 for me)

Banned moves: Rest, Substitute, Direct Healing moves (Including status healing moves), Perish Song, Spite, Destiny Bond, Attract

===Stats===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

Nightshade (M) Alakazam

HP: 34%
Energy: 34%
Imprisoned

Attack Command: Metronome x 3
(By hand of the gods, we have rolled.....Wow. Vacumn Wave ~Gunk Shot~Splash. No joke XD!)

Team Blademaster
XXOO

Valentina (F) Kirlia
Attack Command: Confuse Ray, Toxic, Shock Wave
Sub: Shock Wave

===Fight!===[/blue]

Your sub-ref DL is here, and as per the regulations of a Gym match, I'm not allowed to act like a total idiot here.

pfft yeah right, and the Queen drinks Zima! Lets get it on. Valentina is anxious to start her attack barrage, holding a field of mesmerizing energy in her hands. But its hard to find a mustache-toting gremlin with two scoops of raisin Bran when yer eyes hurt! Finally, she caught the speck of a Zam glinding toward her skirt! The nerve of that perv. Energies of a confounding nature flew at the Zam', but a miniature wave of energy erupted from his twiddling fingers first.

Valencia fell backwards, unsure what just hit her-or was it just to ruffle her skirt and show off her knickers -.-. Nightshade though, fell within full range of that Confuse Ray, and stopped moving, confused.

[N: -6E V: -5E/-2H]

Glaring left and right, Zam began playing his spoons like that kid in Mimic. Unfortunately his Metronome attack fell short of being completed, and he hit his kneecap too hard, sending him onto his face. With the clicking sound as her guide, Valencia glanced down and spat a mass of Toxic sludge at him.

The good news is that Nightshade is small, so the smell..won't really..affect...me...much. Even Valencia backs away, that crud stinks.

[N: -4H (T.P.) V: -4E]

With no real focus, a confused Nightshade coughs a bit, and twirls his fingers again. Confused by the magic of Valencia though, he ends up flipping around and Splashing in the puddle of waste even more. T'was enough for Valencia to Shock him with an considerable Wave of Electricity.

[N: -6E/-8H V: -6E]

[color=blue]===End results===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

Nightshade (M) Alakazam

Energy: 22%
Imprisoned

Team Blademaster
XXOO

Valentina (F) Kirlia

Toxic=3% this round, 1% increase hereafter

The_Missing_Link
31st July 2007, 01:17 AM
Let's try it again (it's not like I have many options anyway)

Metronome x3

Blademaster
31st July 2007, 01:58 AM
Shock Wave twice, and then wait for Toxic to finish that thing off once and for all.

Relax during either the third action or when Metronome conjures up a non-damaging attack - whichever comes first.

Move: Shock Wave, Shock Wave, Relax
Sub: Relax, Relax, ----------------------

DarkestLight
31st July 2007, 05:31 PM
Ok. Let's finish as Strong as we've began n_n. I'll not be keeping the original formatting...so I apologize if its bad on the eyes.

Also any problems, hit me back immediately. n_n

Gym Match!!!!!

Round 22 (only Round 2 for me)

Banned moves: Rest, Substitute, Direct Healing moves (Including status healing moves), Perish Song, Spite, Destiny Bond, Attract

===Stats===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXOO

Nightshade (M) Alakazam

Energy: 22%
Imprisoned
Attack Command: Metronome x 3
(By hand of the gods, we have rolled.....Octazooka~Psychic~Dark Pulse (XD fun times)

Team Blademaster
XXOO

Valentina (F) Kirlia
Attack Command: Shock Wave x2
Sub: Relax if non-damaging move occurs

===Fight!===

Woo-ha! Got ya ll in check. At least,that's what Valentina thinks as Nightshade runs around like a midget ready to rumble! The Minizam (Sounds like a bad SUV) jumps up, and floats in midair, waving his fingers around to try and incur the wrath of the random dice gods.

What happens next is pure..well..I dunno what to call it. But Nightshades mouth suddenly bulged. Valentina lunges forward, and decides to put a stop to whatever plan Nightshade is hatching..until she sees the glob of black water stream at her pretty little face. Ow!

Reeling backwards, blinded momentarily; Bolts of lightning go surging skyward, and for A brief moment, Nightshade believes that his Octazooka saved him from a most painful experience.

NOT! Thrown back, Nightshade lands on his tuckus, obviously unsure about his ability to survive.

[N: -6E/-7H V: -6E/-7H]

Taking a moment to free her eyes of the ink, Nightshades waggly fingers whisks him up and around Valentina for a moment. Rumbles of energy could be heard, and she turned around-to see nothing. That was until Nightshade felt a surge of energy he knew quite well within his body, and let it loose- a full blown Psychic.

How could this be! Valentina objected, and although the blast was pretty powerful she hung on, attacking with another Shock Wave to stop Nightshade dead in his tracks.

[N: -6E/-8H V: -6E/-8H]

Annoyed now, Nightshade calls upon the random powers once more. Stunned, Valencia takes a moment to breathe- watching as Nightshade suddenly becomes enveloped in dark energy.

That's not good. A wave ripped from the channeling 'zam, and raced toward the relaxing Kirlia. With no real option of attacking, she got up and tried to run, but was too slow. Like a white girl in an 80's horror flick.

The Dark Pulse sent Valentina flying into a crater

[N: -6E V: (+6E)/-11H]

Umm..Blade..I don't think Valentina's getting up...

Nightshade looks pretty gone too..no wait, he raised a spoon. He's still ready to rumble. What a 'Zam, huh? Wait no! He falls over too! OOH SUDDEN DEATH! THIS GYM MATCH IS ON FIRE!!

===End results===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Nightshade (M) Alakazam

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Valentina (F) Kirlia
Energy: 24%

Due to Valentina fainting first, Blade releases, T_M_L releases, Blade attacks..and then you get the picture :D

Craters still litter the area, ice chunks still around too...some have melted

Blademaster
31st July 2007, 09:59 PM
Well done, Valentina... Return.

(recalls her in a flash of red light)

Our last battle together... OK! The score's tied, so I better make this last Pokemon count... I choose you, Mastadoom!

(hurls Great Ball; a shaggy, masculine creature with large tusks emerges)

"Piloswine!"

The_Missing_Link
1st August 2007, 02:25 AM
I'll use Ares, my male Gengar

Blademaster
1st August 2007, 02:58 PM
OK, Mastadoom, this is it. We have to approach this methodically.

Use Mist to cloud the room and obscure Ares' vision, and then sniff him out with Odor Sleuth. End with an Earthquake.

If that Ghost pulls any cheap status attacks, dodge with Dig.

Move: Mist, Odor Sleuth, Earthquake
Sub: Dig

darktyranitar
3rd August 2007, 10:16 AM
Sorry to come bug in, but when this reffing is done, would I get the full 8 points, or does it all go to DL?

Just making sure so that I don't give away my point for nothing (planning to give some points to DL over the X-mas tree, see)

The_Missing_Link
8th August 2007, 10:33 AM
Yes, you would get all of the points since you reffed the majority of the match

Cheap? Who's the one that used toxic and confuse ray?

Taunt him. Make him attack you. Then use a brick break and float up to avoid the earthquake and use psychic (if you count that as two actions, then use psychic)

Taunt~Brick Break~Psychic

Blademaster
8th August 2007, 11:57 AM
Cheap? Who's the one that used toxic and confuse ray?

Hit him with a confuse ray then strike with a flash then toxic

Mega Horny
8th August 2007, 12:17 PM
Darkestlight said I needed to post here...?

DarkestLight
8th August 2007, 04:51 PM
Gym Match!!!!!

Round 23 (only Round 3 for me)

===Stats===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

Imprisoned
Attack Command: Taunt~Brick Break~Psychic

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Piloswine
Move: Mist, Odor Sleuth, Earthquake
Sub: Dig if stat affecting move comes about.

===Fight!===

And he we go. Two streak so of red shoot onto the field, recalling the fallen warriors. Two more streaks reappear on the field; releasing two new-and FINAL combatants. This is for all the marbles! A Gengar is chosen by our Gym leader here, and a Piloswine as a counter by the challenger!

Ares floats up on his stubbly legs, intrigued by Mastadoom's vision. Somehow...it can see! Well, Mastadoom didn't have to be able to see to hear all the smack Ares started spittin', about how its hairdo looked like a failed Rupaul Wig (Ooooh snap!). Ticked off, Mastadoom didn't even care about shooting any Mist around! Tusks were bared, he was ready to rock!

[A: -4E M: *Taunted*]

Well, that was easy! Ares floated back, and watched as the mass of swine came charging at him. Idly waiting, the fists of the ghost charged up, and when Mastadoom was within range, a Double fisted Brick Break was executed directly to his snout! Mastadoom reeled backwards, even more infuriated she couldn't even hit the danged thing!

[A: -7E M: -3E/-12H]

He had it. This ghost was pissing him off. Jumping up and down in place, Mastadoom would cause the whole Gym to shudder and shake under the power of the ALMIGHTY EARTHQUAKE!

Ares kinda yawned, seeing as how he was floating anyhoo, and the shaking didn't really concern him. A ferocious blast of Psychic Energy did fly through the air though, smashing into Mastadoom and reeled him backwards into a wall.

[A: -8E M: -9E/-8H]

===End results===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Piloswine
HP: 80%
Status: Miffed! no one disses the "do"!(Taunt lasts for one more action)

The_Missing_Link
10th August 2007, 01:28 AM
I was saying why would you call them cheap if you've used status moves yourself? It's basically the pot calling the kettle black

Blademaster
10th August 2007, 11:02 AM
And I was saying you used them first. Ergo, you = pot, whereas I = kettle.

Now, I believe it's your turn to post attacks.

The_Missing_Link
16th August 2007, 12:13 AM
You never said anything about me using status attacks first, just using them in general. We're both guilty of using them

Use another brick break then use metronome and astonish

Brick Break~Metronome~Astonish

Blademaster
16th August 2007, 08:11 AM
Fair enough.

Use a focused Blizzard to blow Ares away when he tries to Brick Break you, and then spit a Mud Bomb in his face - aim for the eyes if you can. Lastly, close your eyes when he zooms in to Astonish you and use Odor Sleuth to sniff him out.

If he can't see and it looks like Astonish is gonna miss you, then keep your eyes open for the last action and charge in and slam him with a Stone Edge.

Move: concentrated Blizzard, Mudinyoureye (Mud Bomb to the eyes), blind Odor Sleuth
Sub: ------------------------, -------------------------------------------, Stone Edge

DarkestLight
16th August 2007, 10:05 PM
Gym Match!!!!!

Round 24 (only Round 4 for me)

===Stats===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

Attack Command: Brick Break~Metronome~Astonish

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Piloswine
HP: 80%
Status: Miffed! no one disses the "do"!(Taunt lasts for one more action)
Move: Blizzard~Mud Bomb~Odor Sleuth
Sub: Stone Edge is not blind.

===Fight!===

With tempers racing, Mastadoom trumpets the arrival of winter in this Gym. A harsh and nasty wind sears across the arena, chilling the very air into its own icy shards of doom. Ares speeds forward, fleeing from the incoming wind, and smashes both ghostly appendages into Mastadoom's back, before being whipped away by the Blizzard.

[A: -6E/-11H M: -8E/-12H]

Pained by the chill of ice, Ares lowers down a bit. Mastadoom loses his temper induced rage, feeling the relief of the Taunt wearing off. Fearing no real attack fro the piggy, Ares twiddles his fingers, allowing a spectacle of power to be mystically chosen at random.

No way in heck is 'doom waiting for that to happen. With a few grunts here and there at the Blizzard'ed floor, those tusks come out to help roll up a giant ball of mud, which it then flung from his tusks like a jai-lai at Ares.

Oddly enough..nothing happened, as Ares was slugged by the attack, causing him to roll backwards, and scramble for safety. His vision was marred!

[A: -6E/-8H M: -7E ]

Grunting, Ares hissed about as he tried to free his vision from obscurity. Hands went out to both side, to steady himself. Dashing left, Ares jumped and shoulder rushed....nothing. He ended up Astonishing himself at the miss. Mastadoom didn't care, as his body began to glow rock hard. Once at peace with the amount of energy needed to execute his Stone Edge, he charged at his foe.

Hearing the oncoming footsteps, Ares put his arms up to his face to block, as the incoming Mamoswine sent him flying. Maybe....this pig did have a bit more than he assumed...but what the heck happened to his Metronome attack??

[A: -3E/-12H M: -11E]

===End results===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

HP: 69%
(Acc -1)

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Piloswine
HP: 68%
Energy: 62%

**If you haven't guessed, Metronome's attack was Future sight.

Blademaster
17th August 2007, 09:48 AM
Ice Beam, Mud Bomb, Stone Edge.

Dig to avoid status attacks.

The_Missing_Link
20th August 2007, 02:09 AM
Double team and double energy ball

Double Team~Energy Ball x2

DarkestLight
20th August 2007, 04:31 PM
Gym Match!!!!!

Round 25 (only Round 5 for me)

===Stats===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

HP: 69%
(Acc -1)
Move: Double Team~Energy Ball x2

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Piloswine
HP: 68%
Energy: 62%
Move: Ice Beam~Mud Bomb~Stone Edge
Sub: Dig to dodge stat afflictors

===Fight!===

The ghost was still a bit blind! A slight opportunity that was was not letting slide, Mastadoom quickly reared back and threw a hefty Ice Beam at the ..now...4 Gengars on the field. Dang, he wished he aimed that. The beam passed harmlessly through the one he THOUGHT was Ares at the moment, as the ghost still picked dirt from his eyes.

[A: -5E M: -7E]

Miffed, Mastadoom decided on a different tactic. A swift slam of his tusks into the ground to procure more mud, and then a few grunts as he rolled it into a hefty sized projectile, enough to mirror the effect of a Bomb upon impact. Ares though, stopped him in his tracks as a green light shone in 'Doom's peripherial vision, before sending him into disarray! Wincing at the pain of that attack, Doom let his Mud Bomb fly at the Gengar group....

...Something about mud today.....cause Ares flew back from the hit like it was Chernobyl all over again! Clones left the instant the hit occurred, leaving a seriously upset ghost with more mud to clear!

[A: -6E/-8H (Acc -1) M: -7E/-7H ]

Blindly, Ares set his hands out, and conjured up a second Energy ball to batter the Doom with, when his backside met the incoming Stone Edge of Doom (XD That sounds cool)! Bouncing a few feet away, he threw the sphere behind him, hoping for a hit. Doom spotted the incoming and sidestepped.

Watching the sphere explode into grassy nothingness, Mastadoom trumpeted in happiness for the moment.

[A: -6E/-10H M: -11E]

===End results===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

HP: 51%
Energy: 49%
(Acc -2)

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Piloswine
Energy: 37%

**Future Sight's taking its sweet time...

Blademaster
26th August 2007, 02:04 PM
Reminder for Becca.

The_Missing_Link
26th August 2007, 11:22 PM
Psych up then double shadow punch. Psywave if he tries for a double team

Psych Up~Shadow Punch x2

Blademaster
26th August 2007, 11:35 PM
Before I attack, I need to know Ares' position: Is he levitating or on the ground?

DarkestLight
27th August 2007, 06:30 AM
Ares is on the ground momentarily.

Blademaster
8th September 2007, 02:50 AM
Earthquake, Relax, Stone Edge.

DarkestLight
8th September 2007, 01:08 PM
Gym Match!!!!!

Round 26 (only Round 6 for me)

===Stats===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

HP: 51%
Energy: 49%
(Acc -2)
Psych Up~Shadow Punch x 2

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
Energy: 37%
Earthquake~Relax~Stone Edge

===Fight!===

Ares gritted his teeth. This crap hurt! Well fine. As long as he was on the ground for the moment, he reached out for the opponent's energy waves... After a moment, Ares opened his eyes..dirt free! For that split second, before the ground shook and threw him back around like a fat kid falling off a carousel. That hurt man ;_;!

Mastadoom snorted as the Earthquake tremor passed, he wasn't taking anymore crap from this ghost.

[A: -4E/-18H M: -9E]

Ares took to the skies again, to ensure a repeat didn't occur. But the Doom...he dared to relax? Ares shot down ands punched that fat pig right in his nose with a well-aimed Shadow Punch.

Mastadoom rolled back a bit, that did hurt, but he still relaxed....haha...

until a portal opened above the giant mammal. Mastadoom looked up, to see Pit fire a bazillion arrows upon his form- raping his body with Psychic Energy. Mastadoom fell, completely taken by surprise by that Future Sight. Ares laughed, no relaxing for you.

[A: -6E M: -14H]

No, Ares wasn't liking this. A Second Shadow Punch to his mouth would cure his laxness in this match...but Ares's swoop left him directly in the path for a Stone Edge-tusks first. Ares went flying backwards, crashing a few yards away on his side. Mastadoom stomped the ground in approval, despited his tired state.

[A: -6E/-10H M: -11E/-6H]

===End results===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

HP: 23%
Energy: 33%
Back in this...maybe..

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
HP: 41%
Energy: 17%
When did this turn into Smash Bros!

Blade

Blademaster
10th September 2007, 03:03 PM
Double Team, then use your last two Relaxes.

Use Double Team again ONCE if they try a super-effective or status attack while you're Relaxing.

Move: Double Team, Relax, Relax
Sub: ---------------, Double Team ONCE (as needed)

The_Missing_Link
10th September 2007, 04:27 PM
Use taunt then float up above him and use sludge bomb and brick break

Taunt~Sludge Bomb~Brick Break

DarkestLight
10th September 2007, 05:53 PM
Yes my ref list is dropping :D

Gym Match!!!!!

Round 27 (only Round 7 for me)

===Stats===

Ares (M) Gengar

Energy: 33%
Back in this...maybe..
Taunt~Sludge Bomb~Brick Break

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
HP: 41%
Energy: 17%
When did this turn into Smash Bros!
Double Team~Relax x2
Sub: Double Team once as needed

===Fight!===

Ares rolled around on the ground for a bit, rubbing his belleh. Ahh it felt so good to be able to see your belly. Right Mastadoom? O wait, yer too fat can cat see it? Aww!

Yeah that's what Ares was saying to Doom, taunting him on his fatness. That pissed Doom off, nothing was wrong with his shape! He snorted audibly and stamped his feet yelling out nasty replies..

[A: -4E M: Pissed for..ick 4 actions]

Laughing at the anger exhuming from Mastadoom, Ares took his time to focus his energies, as Mastadoom jumped around below him, trying to snag him with his tusks. Mastadoom could really jump though and one leap left him pretty high..high enough for Ares to swoop in and hit him with a focused Sludge Bomb to the face. Mastadoom leaned back as he fell, landing on his side in pain. The poison burned his eyes

[A: -7E M: -3E/-6H]

Luckily, Mastadoom avoided being poisoned. He reared up again, looking for the wily ghost. But Ares was once again up to his tricks. It was far too late for 'doom, when the speedy ghost slammed into Mastadoom's rear let leg, shoulder first. It felt like Doom suffered a broken leg, as he went down, Ares gingerly getting away.

[A: -6E M: -13H]

===End results===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

Energy: 16%
Can't stop him!!! Teeheehee!

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
HP: 22%
Energy: 14%
Pissed off about his fatness.
Taunt lasts 2 more actions.

TML

The_Missing_Link
16th September 2007, 05:50 PM
Float up high and use double team, confuse ray and then relax

Double Team~Confuse Ray~Relax

Blademaster
16th September 2007, 06:25 PM
A question for the ref before I post attacks:

Taunt only lasts for two more of my Piloswine's actions, right?

DarkestLight
16th September 2007, 07:44 PM
Yes.

Blademaster
16th September 2007, 09:11 PM
Perfect.

Mastadoom, listen!

I know you're peeved. Why wouldn't you be? That Gengar probably has some childhood issues that he feels he has to take out on a slim dude like you to hide his own obesity - just look how fat *he* is! He looks like a purple ball with arms and feet.

OK? Just chill out... And while you're at it, chill him out too! Fire a wide-spread combination of Icy Wind and Powder Snow to wipe out the clones and slow that Ghost down. Try and keep the energy expense down, though - we can't have you wasting a single point now.

Then, once your combo is done, Reflect that Confuse Ray right back at Ares!

If you feel that you're too low on energy to conjure a Reflect, take the Confuse Ray, and then Relax and try and clear your head.

Move: Cold Wave (Powder Snow + Icy Wind), Reflect (@ Confuse Ray)
Sub: ------------------, -----------------------, Relax

DarkestLight
16th September 2007, 09:49 PM
Gym Match!!!!!

Round 28 (only Round 8 for me)

===Stats===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

Energy: 16%
Can't stop him!!! Teeheehee!
Double Team~Confuse Ray~Relax

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
Energy: 14%
Pissed off about his fatness.
Taunt lasts 2 more actions.
Move: Cold Wave (Powder Snow + Icy Wind), Reflect (@ Confuse Ray)
Sub: Relax on last action

===Fight!===

With the pissed off Doom snorting around, Ares took his fight airborne, laughing all the way. Doom stopped jumping. That ghost thought he was safe huh? Raring up on his hind legs, Doom began to roar, causing a stream of icy wind to float and swirl around him. However, the ice began to stick together- gaining more in composition, powdery snowflakes seemed to be the culprit.

Watching as the wind made a Christmas story for Doom, Ares decided he needed a group. In a flash, there were 4 Gengars, actively...under attack-as the windy concoction seared up and ripped at the bunch of ghosts. None of them had a chance, as the clones fizzled away. Ares dipped a bit in flight, a bit miffed at that. But his "body" felt so cold....

[A: -5E/-10H M: -6E]

slowly, Ares raised his left arm, forming a ball of flight in his palm. When his arm could not raise anymore, the light ball shot skyward, before making a sharp left, diving right for...me? The heck!

*sidestep*

However, the ball's giving off some weird ray effect, man its confusing me! Doom though, was fine, aside the fact that he was tired. A sheen of light blocked that beam upward, sparing Doom the effects of confusion. But as Doom blocked the beam, Ares only sighed-floating around, and trying to warm up.

[A: -4E (+6E) M: -4E]

((combined Ares last two actions, since Doom was finished.)

===End results===

Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

HP: 13%
Energy: 13%
Chillin--literally (Spd drop)

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
Not mad anymore.

Blade

The_Missing_Link
17th September 2007, 06:09 AM
So how much energy does he have left? 2 or 4?

DarkestLight
17th September 2007, 04:22 PM
..OWTF!

Yeah the server last night never really loaded for me, so I thought these never posted....I'll take away all the others. Mastadoom has 4 energy.

Blademaster
17th September 2007, 05:04 PM
Use that Gengar's reduced Speed to your advantage and get in an initial Relax, then use Dig to hide underground, followed by one more Relax.

Use an abrupt Roar to shut him up if he Taunts you after your energy gets back up a bit.

Move: Relax, Dig, Relax
Sub: -------, ----, Shut Up! (quick, sharp Roar)

The_Missing_Link
17th September 2007, 05:35 PM
How many relaxes does he actually have left?

DarkestLight
17th September 2007, 06:03 PM
<<..::Goes to page one..:: Something's bypassing me here....oh..

Anyway, Yes, Blade has two Relaxes left. He successfully used one in Round 26 I believe, and after which, Masta's been Taunted and otherwise unable to relax.

The_Missing_Link
17th September 2007, 11:10 PM
Why ruin a good thing? Taunt him, relax above then fire punch

Taunt~Relax~Fire Punch

DarkestLight
19th September 2007, 04:34 PM
Gym Match!!!!!

Round 29 (only Round 9 for me)

===Stats===
Team The_Missing_Link
XXXO

Ares (M) Gengar

Energy: 13%
Chillin--literally (Spd drop)
Taunt~Relax~Fire Punch

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
Not mad anymore.
Move: Relax, Dig, Relax
Sub:Roar if a Taunt is tried after yer energy gets back up.

===Fight!===

Chilled to his ethereal core, Ares threw a look of smite upon Doom. Doom canted his gaze up while setting his haunches down. Man, who knew fighting a ghost could be so hard. But Ares dared not have Doom regain any energy. He began shouting more obscenities at Doom, who tried to just let them bounce off his shoulders.

Sticks and stones...

sticks and stones...

sticks and sto--Wait WHAT? What did Ares say about his grandmother being an ample meal for all of Ethopia! He HAD it. Lunging up, Doom seemed even more infuriated than ever, and stomped his disapproval-totally nullifying his chance at resting.

[A: -4E M: PISSED OFF!! ]
*Taunt lasts for 3 actions..huh. Lucky*

Snickering, Ares stayed aloft as Doom lunged up after him. Since he wanted to fricking float, Doom thought maybe he could bounce off the ground enough times and gain some height. But nay, Ares just relaxed and gained back precious morsels of energy.

[A: +6E M: I'm gonna KILL YOU!]

Doom stopped jumping for a moment, only to catch his breath, and that's when fire enveloped his body-and a pretty stout fist could be felt...fight on his NOSE! He skittered back, pissed about the fact that the stinking GHOST GOT A HIT IN!!!

[A: -6E M: -12H]

===End results===

Ares (M) Gengar

Energy: 9%
Chillin--literally (Spd drop), but laughing at how pissed that piggy is.

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
HP: 10%
Pissed STILL: 1 more action.

T_M_L

The_Missing_Link
21st September 2007, 09:33 AM
He's still going to be pissed at you so daze him with confuse ray and use fire punch x2

Confuse Ray~Fire Punch x2

Blademaster
21st September 2007, 01:51 PM
Since Ares' last attack was a punch, I'm assuming he's still on or close to the ground. Am I right?

DarkestLight
21st September 2007, 04:44 PM
o.O Close to the ground, yes, he had to swoop in to hit Doom. Like a foot or two off the ground.

Blademaster
21st September 2007, 06:26 PM
OK... This is the end...

Mastadoom, use that Ghost's lowered speed, and the rage blinding you, to your advantage and get your final revenge...

Lunge up and Bite Ares right in the crotch! Bite him! Drag him down and bite him until he falls!

Move: Gigabite (Bite x3)

DarkestLight
21st September 2007, 06:52 PM
Gym Match!!!!!

Round 30 (only Round 10 for me)

===Stats===
Ares (M) Gengar

Energy: 9%
Chillin--literally (Spd drop), but laughing at how pissed that piggy is.
Confuse Ray~Fire Punch x 2

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
Pissed STILL: 1 more action.
Gigabite x 3

===Fight!===

This battle is almost over. I look up and the sunlight starts to pour in after the dome went through a few rounds of malfunction. Sharp rays only help to add to Doom's irritation. Charging forward, Ares watched as Doom came close...wait wait no, that can't be allowed! A ray was shot at Doom, but Doom blasted through the Confusing rays, eyes still locked on Ares. Those fat tusks slid to the sides a tad, allowing Doom to snag his weird herbivore molars onto Ares crotch area! Ares freaked out, the damn pig actually got him! He freaked out due to the pain, but was dragged down as Doom landed on the arena's floor with a thud.

THAT..made Doom happy.

[A: -4E/-14H M: -4E]

Doom stood up, utterly confused, but Ares didn't rise. Doom didn't seem to care...as he's now...looking at me...AW CRAP!

::Takes off running as Doom chases him around thE arena:: CALL HIM BACK BLADE!

===End results===

Team The Missing Link
XXXX
Ares (M) Gengar

Energy: 5%
Pig bite=Death

Team Blademaster
XXXO

Mastadoom (M) Mamoswine
Energy: 0
Won, but dun think he knows it yet..

Blademaster wins!

Points are as follows.

TML gets 4 points.
Blade gets 8 points, and this Gym's badge.
Darktyranitar gets 8 points.
DL gets a lesson in reffing another match-which he gratefully takes.

Umm ya'll have a good day! Good battle to you both.

The_Missing_Link
24th September 2007, 02:36 PM
Good battle, Blademaster. You've won my badge, 8 points, and a free catch/evolution as per the rules. You only have a week to redeem it though

Blademaster
24th September 2007, 07:04 PM
Hot damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Does this mean I'm a Gym Leader now? :D

darktyranitar
16th October 2007, 05:18 AM
What?! How could I have missed the end!

(It starts on 25th October 2006... and it ends on 22nd September 2007... wow, that's almost close to 11 month...)

In any case, congrats to Blade for winning... and thanks to Becca for letting me reffing in the first place, and thank you to River (for sub-reffing) and DarkestLight (for subreffing, and actually reffing this match to the end; remind me to give the points to ya on X-mas topic ;))

Um... have a nice day! :)