PDA

View Full Version : Gym Match: Hypotenuse Man versus Ultimate Charizard! Subref: MeLoveGhosts.

Ultimate Charizard
24th October 2006, 04:18 PM
Ok since i head someone has finished (and is now free) but it hasnt been posted i nthe GL tower im making a random challenge to any Available Gym Leader.

You gym, your rules so gimmie a reply and away we go.

The Blue Avenger
24th October 2006, 11:17 PM
Well, as of right now, the only avaliable gym leader is myself. Gimme till tomorrow or something, and I'll have the rules up.

Ultimate Charizard
25th October 2006, 09:56 PM
Okydoke

The Blue Avenger
25th October 2006, 11:25 PM
Arena: Death Gaia
The Pokemon fight on a large battleship in the middle of the ocean – the Death Gaia. Specifically, they fight on the deck, a wide platform that is the only part of the ship above water. The platform is large enough to accommodate any Pokemon. It is also very dirty, so sand and mud attacks can be used with ease. Ground-shaking attacks (Earthquake, Magnitude) will affect the platform and thus work. Attacks requiring rocks will work, although there might be a bit of a delay – the ocean floor is littered with rocks and boulders. Since it’s in the ocean, there is ample space for any water-faring Pokemon as well. Every few rounds, at the ref’s discretion, a laser will fire from the platform’s lone turret at nothing in particular. If a Pokemon gets hit by the laser, they are dealt non-elemental damage similar in magnitude to a Shadow Ball.

Pokemon: 3 v 3.
You send out first, I attack first.
All Pokemon have a perma-Safeguard effect - this includes confusion and infatuation, incidentally.

I believe that's it. Your move.

Ultimate Charizard
26th October 2006, 06:35 AM
Hmm....no Status effects so its an all out slugfest and out in the Ocean.

*cheesy highlander voice* There can be only one!

Go.. Blastoise! (m)

The Blue Avenger
26th October 2006, 08:33 AM
I, then, will begin with the Incredible Drivy Runn, my female Electabuzz.

Drivy Runn, set up a Light Screen to begin with. Next, use a Thunderbolt, then a Shock Wave. In case of Earthquake, use Psychic to lift yourself in the air for the duration of the quake.

Ultimate Charizard
26th October 2006, 02:41 PM
Had to expect the Buzz there.

Ok Blastoise lets show them were not putting up with any Fancy stuff and go for a Brick Break to shatter that Screen. Use a Mirror Coat to counter the Thunderbolt and incase that hasnt persuaded them to stop using electricity end things off with Mud Sport.

Brick Break - Mirror Coat - Mud Sport

Ultimate Charizard
2nd November 2006, 10:12 AM
hmmm....Ref?
I think we need one of those lol

Blademaster
12th November 2006, 03:16 AM
PRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPRPR...

(pulls up on a speed boat)

...Hey, move this damn ship out my way!

HONK! HONK! HONK-HONK! HOOOOOOOOONK!

Move it!

(hits the hull with a sledgehammer)

CLING! CLANG! BONG!

(turret takes aim; fires at boat)

Aw, sh-

FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

(goes flying; crashes head-first on the deck)

Owwwwwwww... Damn boat salesman lied about that thing being cannon-proof! :mad:

Well, as long as I'm stuck here, I guess I can ref. If nobody minds, that is. :heh:

The Blue Avenger
12th November 2006, 10:04 AM
If you don't attack my battleship again, I'm cool with it. Thank you.

Blademaster
15th November 2006, 04:43 PM
Sorry, dudes - I've been kinda busy. I'll have the reffing up by tomorrow.

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Charizard VS. Hypotenuse Man

Official ASB Gym Battle

Referee: Blademaster

The Pokemon fight on a large battleship in the middle of the ocean – the Death Gaia. Specifically, they fight on the deck, a wide platform that is the only part of the ship above water. The platform is large enough to accommodate any Pokemon. It is also very dirty, so sand and mud attacks can be used with ease. Ground-shaking attacks (Earthquake, Magnitude) will affect the platform and thus work. Attacks requiring rocks will work, although there might be a bit of a delay – the ocean floor is littered with rocks and boulders. Since it’s in the ocean, there is ample space for any water-faring Pokemon as well. Every few rounds, at the ref’s discretion, a laser will fire from the platform’s lone turret at nothing in particular. If a Pokemon gets hit by the laser, they are dealt non-elemental damage similar in magnitude to a Shadow Ball.

All Pokemon have a perma-Safeguard effect - this includes confusion and infatuation, incidentally.

Round 1

Hypontenuse Man's Team

The Incredible Drivy Runn(F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Light Screen - Thunderbolt - Shock Wave

Ultimate Charizard's Team

Blastoise the Blastoise(M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Brick Break - Mirror Coat - Mud Sport

Well, here we are again, gang - we're riding atop the Death Gaia, or as the ref has come to coin it, the 'S.S. Blue.' This is Hypotenuse Man's own personal battleship, a multi-million dollar war machine which, by the way, only has one crappy turret, implying that a single well-placed gunshot could render the whole ship helpless...

As the ref resists the urge to giggle hysterically at this appalling flaw in the ship's design, the Gym Leader and his opponent step out onto the deck. Hypotenuse Man, a relatively new Moderator at ASB known for his calm demeanor and wacky nicknames, and Ultimate Charizard, a former Moderator himself known for what could be ASB's worst nicknames ever, step onto the deck and release their Pokemon: a humanoid tigress shooting sparks from all over her body and a huge, bipedal turtle with two cannons protruding from his shoulders... Hey, wait! I remember him back when he was a Wartortle!

Anyway, the ref steps between the two Pokemon for a moment and issues the rules:

OK, you two, I want a good clean fight! A Blue Blue Badge is on the line, so obey my instructions at all times, and Hypotenuse Man, I don't care if you can do the things a hypotenuse can - you'd better not while I'm reffing! Now, let's get it on!"

In the background, a wrestling bell dings, and the battle is on!

Runn starts the round off by holding her hands out in front of her and making several odd gestures, like a mime. Within seconds, a near-invisible wall of what looks like glass has formed in between her and Blastoise, who replies by walking up to Runn with a smirk and then pulling his stubby fist back. He slugs the Light Screen, shattering it and slamming Runn across the deck! The Electabuss crashes and skids across the steelalmost 5 yards before coming to a stop.

Quickly, Runn jumps to her feet, her two antennae sparking with blue electricity. She roars, and then fires a blast of lightning at Blastoise, who grits his teeth and squeezes his eyes shut from the pain. A light blue aura surrounds him...

And then, to Runn's shock (in more ways than one), the blue aura backfires at her, slamming her with twice the force of the electrical attack she just launched! She grits her teeth, and then she focuses that overload of energy into a ball of lightning that she conjures in her hands and then hurls at Blastoise, pumping him full of electrical energy. He groans in pain and slumps over, but he stays on his feet; then, he aims his cannons at the deck and fires a stream of water at the dirt and grit laying around, producing a greyish-brown mud that he kicks fiercely, spattering Runn with mud. She sneers in disgust as the muck drips from her fur, coating her with a shock-proof shield. Ick...

Hypotenuse Man's Team

The Incredible Drivy Runn the Electabuzz(F)
Health: 78%
Energy: 84%

Ultimate Charizard's Team

Blastoise the Blastoise(M)
Health: 82%
Energy: 76%

Arena Status: The deck is muddy.

Other Remarks: (calls insurance company)

-Blade

Like I told WO and Dragonis, sorry it doesn't look as fancy as before; at least it's back.

Ultimate Charizard
24th November 2006, 02:07 PM
Ok, good Start Blastoise. Stamping some authority early on.

Lets keep it up. With Mud Sport in play any Shocks he gets off shouldnt hurt as much so we can keep it at Distance for now.
Start with an Ice Beam and then, since were out in the Ocean i want you to go for the Mother of all Surf Attacks. Dont wear yourself out but make it a big one to flood the deck. If were lucky it might even Wash Buzz over the edge and then hes in out territory.

Lets end things with something simple and set up a Mist.

Ice Beam - Surf - Mist

The Blue Avenger
25th November 2006, 02:03 PM
Okay, Drivy Runn, Teleport onto Blastoise's back and grab hold. Now, hold on as tight as possible as the Surf washes by, then since the mud should be gone, hit him with a point-blank Thunder. Finally, stay latched on and hit him with Zap Cannon.

Teleport (Blastoise's back) ~ Thunder (after Surf) ~ Zap Cannon

Ultimate Charizard
3rd December 2006, 05:57 PM
Ok...is it me or did Blade 'retire' from reffing...i think we need a new one.

The Blue Avenger
5th December 2006, 12:12 PM
Yeah, since he hasn't posted in here, I'll go ask at the Reffing Tower.

Silencer
15th December 2006, 03:46 PM
Gym Battle: Hypotenuse Man vs Ultimate Charizard

Team Mod
http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/125.png
The Incredible Drivy Runn, female
Health: 78%
Energy: 84%
Attack: Teleport~Thunder~Zap Cannon

Team UC
http://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/009.png
Blastoise, male
Health: 82%
Energy: 76%
Attacks: Ice Beam~Surf~Mist

Meanwhile, on top of the Death Gaia. Nothing happened. And it has been so for 10 days already. Will no one save the innocent (although I have my suspicions) souls, trapped on board. But the eyes of the battlers catch on to something. In the air, it’s a grey spec, getting closer and closer. It’s a plain, it’s a bird… It’s a prehistoric pokémon! The mighty aerodactyl softly lands on the deck and a blue and red blur jumps of. The mystery reveals himself. An all blue outfit, red boots, red underwear above all other clothes and a red cape. On his chest there is an S-insigne in a yellow diamond shape, outlined with red. Have no fear, Subrefman is here.

Round 2

After that hysterical introduction (right?), I am suddenly aware that the dressing rooms are flooded so I have no way out of this blue spandex. And it itches!

However, the battlers show a sign of relief. They can finally continue on. A big ol’ Blastoise is completely is his element. He aims his cannons forward and takes precise aim. The temperature seems to drop a little and the mighty turtles cannons seem to frost over a little until finally a blast of cool water, mostly ice, blasts forward. But Runn remains awfully sure of himself and it is obvious why. With a bright flash he pulls a disappearing act. Mere milliseconds later, a likewise flash appears on the back of Blastoise, grabbing onto the cannon openings.

Blastoise tries to knock him off but his stumpy little arms can’t reach him, as hard as he tries Runn won’t let off. Suddenly, we can see an expression that clearly shows that Blastoise has something in mind. A blue aura surrounds him and the water around the Death Gaia starts to stir up. Taking the hint, I quickly whistle my pokémon to take me back up into the air. And not a moment later a big wave comes crashing down on the ship. Blastoise tries to maintain his footing on the muddy surface as Runn is pushed against his foes shell with tremendous pressure. Good thing pokémon are so durable. The wave subsides and the deck has been cleaned. Cheering can be heard from the maintenance crew, although all of them are overboard now. But what an interesting round this is. First the sea acting up and now the sky as dark clouds start to gather. Runn shoots a spark up and the clouds react by delivering a powerful thunder right onto the two pokémon.

Still, Runn somehow managed to hold on all this time. Runn charges up electricity inside his body and jumps off from the turtles back. Giving him no time to turn around, a ball of electricity is fires directly at Blastoise and hits him right in the back. Blastoise grunts as static is formed over his entire body. Still, he manages to aim his cannons upward and an eerie fog is send out from them. The fog covers the deck and makes is damn hard to see where the deck ends and the ocean begins. The ref is still standing on his Aerodactyl, circling the safe sky (although that thunder missed me by and inch).

Team Mod
Health: 66%
Energy: 62%
Attack: Teleport~Thunder~Zap Cannon

Team UC
Blastoise, male
Health: 52%
Energy: 57%
Attacks: Ice Beam~Surf~Mist

Arena: Death Gaia, washed clean, foggy

Notes: both pokémon received some recoil damage during the second action. Electabuzz was wet and electricity conducted through him. He also isn't invulnerable to electricity. Blastoise got slammed by his own wave aswell and no matter how hard you fight it, you can't withstand tremendous pressure

Also, first gym match, still wondering if it should be a "yeay" or an "ow crap, the pressure"

The Blue Avenger
15th December 2006, 04:50 PM
Rockin'. Thanks, Silencer, you're a lifesaver.

A question before I attack, though: Is Drivy Runn still actually covered in mud, even after the Surf?

Silencer
16th December 2006, 05:49 AM
Ow damn, editted in the the word file, but forgot to do it here. She's washed clean. If it works for the deck it'll probably work for the pokémon aswell.

The perma safeguard works on attacks such as your zap cannon aswell right?

The Blue Avenger
16th December 2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks, that's just what I needed to know. And yes, Perma-Safeguard would cover added effects from Thunderbolt, Zap Cannon, and so on.

Runn, get in there and start brawling. Begin by nailing him with a Thunderpunch, then hurl him around with a Seismic Toss. Finish by backing off and putting up a Barrier for protection.

Ultimate Charizard
16th December 2006, 04:50 PM
Right Blastoise, hopefully the Haze will help out so i want you to charge up a Hydro Pump and wait till he gets right on top of you. Hit it point blank range and push him off the ship!

If it worked then dive in after him and attack with Mega Punch and Surf.
If it didnt then use Counter on the Seismic toss and Try to get a Mud Sport into play. Cover yourself in Mud if that would work (thats how i always imagined it anyway)

Hydro Pump - Mega Punch/Counter - Surf/Mud Sport

Silencer
17th December 2006, 07:17 AM

Team Mod
Health: 66%
Energy: 62%
Attack: Thunderpunch~Seismicc Toss~Barrier

Team UC
Blastoise, male
Health: 52%
Energy: 57%
Attacks: Hydro Pump~Mega Punch/Counter~Surf/Mud Sport

Round 3

As explained in another reffing, I like round three because it has something to do with my real name and yadayadayada…

As the fog takes away the clear sight I enjoyed, I deside to lift up on my Aerodactyl before more waves crash into this ship. The Blastoise is in full concentration. He keeps his eyes focused on the blur he believes that is his foe. Suddenly, cackling is heard from all over the ship. Blastoises focus slips and can hardly make out the small sparkles that are coming straight at him. The blue pokémon is shocked, but even more so after Runn hits him across his shell. Taking immediate action, Blastoises cannons lower themselves and a big stream of water is shot out. Runn just has enough time to protect her delicate face as the water sends her skidding back with great force. Runn slams her back hard into the border of the ship. (I always believe the ship has some sort of protection to keep people from falling off)

Blastoise lets out a roar of discontent. She might not have seen it, but she didn’t hear a splash. Unaware, Blastoise just let Runn know where he is. The electrical pokémon rushes forward and grabs the water pokémon. Blastoise is interested in what his foe is trying to do, specially after seeing the straining face of Runn. Blastoise just lets out a sigh and smacks Runn backwards. The electrical pokémon makes a mental note that picking up an opponent that weights about 3 times more then she does isn’t a good idea.

Not to confident anymore in close combat, the energetic Runn makes an invisible shield between her and Blastoise, hoping to keep some distance between them. Meanwhile, Blastoise has aimed his cannons upwards and released a thick mud to cover himself in, making electrical attacks harder to work on him.

Team Mod
Health: 53%
Energy: 45%
Status: Washed clean, strained something trying to lift Blastoise, barrier (def upped)
Attack: Thunderpunch~Seismicc Toss~Barrier

Team UC
Blastoise, male
Health: 43%
Energy: 43%
Attacks: Hydro Pump~Mega Punch/Counter~Surf/Mud Sport

Notes: counter really didn't have much effect. The toss didn't work so Blastoise had little to work with.

Ultimate Charizard
17th December 2006, 09:52 AM
Ok lets take it up a notch.
First off go, lets finally start going for the type advantages by going for an Earthquake and follow with a Blizzard.
End things off by using that weight with a Bodyslam!

The Blue Avenger
17th December 2006, 10:35 AM
Okay, Runn, we're going to be reusing an old strategy. Teleport onto Blastoise's back again and grab hold. Karate Chop his head and finish with Mega Punch to give him a real headache!

Silencer
18th December 2006, 01:27 PM

Team Mod
Health: 53%
Energy: 45%
Status: Washed clean, strained something trying to lift Blastoise, barrier (def upped)
Attack: Teleport~Karate Chop~Mega Punch

Team UC
Blastoise, male
Health: 43%
Energy: 43%
Attacks: Earthquake~Blizzard~Body Slam

Round 4

Blastoise starts of with lifting his foot and slamming it down hard. Shockwaves are send over the wooden platform but before they are intense enough to cause damage to Runn, he uses an old trick and teleports on Blastoise’s back. Runn disappears and reappears in a flash on the back of the mighty turtle.

Blastoise realizes where this is going. He aims his cannons upward and blast a giant wave of ice upwards. What he is thinking, noone knows. But Runn doesn’t ponder over this as he delivers a chop in the neck area of the turtle. But now we know why Blastoise did what he did. No more then a second after Runn delivered his chop, blocks of ice came falling down. Runn, who was holding on by one hand, gets knocked off by one of the blocks, but Blastoise gets hurt here and there aswell.

Runn decides he needs to move close again and makes a little jump so that he can deliver a strong blow across Blastoises head. He might need some medication for that headache of his. But the turtle manages to retaliate. He jumps up and withdraws in his shell. Blastoise comes back down hard on top of the electabuzz. The turtle comes out off his shell and crawls off of Runn, who’s lying pretty still at the moment. Small grunts can be heard however.

Team Mod
Health: 39%
Energy: 29%
Attack: Teleport~Karate Chop~Mega Punch

Team UC
Blastoise, male
Health: 30%
Energy: 22%
Attacks: Earthquake~Blizzard~Body Slam

Silencer
26th December 2006, 04:18 AM
Reminder for TBA aka Hypotenuse Man

MeLoVeGhOsTs
30th December 2006, 04:13 AM
I'll subref this if you don't mind.

Silencer
30th December 2006, 09:52 AM
Thank you, Now for the other 3 or 4 matches...

The Blue Avenger
4th January 2007, 11:27 PM
Back from vacation.

Drivy Runn, I want you to wait and see what Blastoise does first. If he comes too near you, smack him with Frustration, then Mega Punch. If he keeps his distance, use a Teleport to get behind him and hit him with Frustration. Finally, let's be random and go with Metronome.

Frustration/Teleport ~ Mega Punch/Frustration ~ Metronome

Ultimate Charizard
4th January 2007, 11:54 PM
Hmm theres a wierd one

Ok Blastoise, lets do some damage, Charge at Electabuzz and take his Frustration attack head on, then use Counter!
Follow up with a nice Close range Earthquake and try and block that Metronome with an Ice Beam.

Counter - Eathquake - Ice Beam

MeLoVeGhOsTs
5th January 2007, 04:09 AM
*Ultimate Charizard Vs. Hypotenuse Man*
OOO|OOO

*Banned Moves and Music*

Banned moves: None (although statuseffects are useless)

Music: All along the watchtower – Jimi Hendrix

*Arena*

Death Gaia: The Pokemon fight on a large battleship in the middle of the ocean – the Death Gaia. Specifically, they fight on the deck, a wide platform that is the only part of the ship above water. The platform is large enough to accommodate any Pokemon. It is also very dirty, so sand and mud attacks can be used with ease.

Ground-shaking attacks (Earthquake, Magnitude) will affect the platform and thus work. Attacks requiring rocks will work, although there might be a bit of a delay – the ocean floor is littered with rocks and boulders. Since it’s in the ocean, there is ample space for any water-faring Pokemon as well.

Every few rounds, at the ref’s discretion, a laser will fire from the platform’s lone turret at nothing in particular. If a Pokemon gets hit by the laser, they are dealt non-elemental damage similar in magnitude to a Shadow Ball.

*Stats*

http://veekun.com/dex-images/frlg/125.png
The Incredible Drivy Run / Electabuzz (female)
Health: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (39%)
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (29%)
Defense Boosted (2/6)

http://veekun.com/dex-images/frlg/009.png
Blastoise / Blastoise (male)
Health: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (30%)
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (22%)

*Trainer Issued Commands*

Team Ultimate:

Counter ~ Earthquake ~ Icebeam

Team Avenger:

Frustration ~ Mega Kick ~ Metronome

Sub: Teleport / Frustration

*Round Five Begins*

Drivy Run starts by waiting for Blastoise, who rushes forwards, but then stops in a second. This triggers Drivy’s attack and she goes in for a Frustration attack. The attack hits Blastoise dead on, but bounces back the electabuzz with great force, both pokemon are severly hurt.

Then, Blastoise jumps up while Drivy Run is down and crashes back on the floor, resulting in an Earthquake that really hurts Drivy Run and makes a hole in the deck. Blastoise could narely jump away from that spot, or he’d been inside the Gaia. Run takes this moment of absence to regain her mind and smash her powered foot into Blastoise who flies backwards, hurt.

Then the yellow cat starts waving her fingers around in a very rythmic way, over and over again. Blastoise sees this and immediatly fires an Icebeam to stop this attack, she gets blown backwards by the impact, but stands up fast and rushes to Blastoise as if the devil itself was in her body. She starts whacking and battering the blastoise up before sitting down, exhausted. (Flail)

The strange laser cannon on top of the Gaia suddenly began making strange noises. It fired out a laserbeam that struck Drivy Run in the chest. It then remained still. Blastoise looked up in awe and was confused.

*Results*

http://veekun.com/dex-images/frlg/125.png
The Incredible Drivy Run / Electabuzz (female)
Health: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (8%)
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (6%)
Defense Boosted (2/6)

http://veekun.com/dex-images/frlg/009.png
Blastoise / Blastoise (male)
Health: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (5%)
Energy: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (2%)

*Other Remarks*

- Enjoy your flight with MLG airlines
- Could you prehaps put my name on the topictitle, so I can locate this?
- I was wondering if I could reserve a spot against you TBA after this battle is over?

The Blue Avenger
4th February 2007, 10:21 AM
Okay, it's been a month. I'll give UC another day to post, but after that, I'm DQ'ing him.

The Blue Avenger
7th February 2007, 06:57 PM
All right, I think this counts as a DQ. I'm ending this match. According to the rules, Silencer and I get 2 points, while UC gets one.

Silencer
8th February 2007, 08:18 AM
Just 3 rounds and I get points... kind off sad really.

Ultimate Charizard
4th March 2007, 08:56 PM
*mass apologies* Ive been gone so long i only came back every now and then to see who had posted and i totally forgot that it was my turn.
Ah well....s'pose 1 point is better than nothing.