PDA

View Full Version : An all-ice team?

frylock
27th October 2006, 08:26 PM
This is basically a rate-my-team thread, but itsort of goes with what I said about people having a lot more choices of what pokemon to use in the metagame, and it not being a "you're team is terrible unless you have/can beat SkarmBliss and Salamence."

This is a team I came up with while looking at the pokedex on serebii made entirely of Ice pokemon, and no legendaries like Articuno and Regice.

Starter- Yukinooh(the grass-ice monster thing.)-probably Leftovers.
Ability: Hailstorm
Wood Hammer
Ice Pebble/Ice Punch
Earthquake
Focus Punch

He's on here mainly because of his ability, which makes it Hail as soon as he comes out(sort of like SandStream) Earthquake is good for Electrics, and hitting fire-types when they switch in, but he'll have to switch out right after that. Since most of the other guys on my team have Ice moves, I'm thinking of putting in Ice Pebble over ice punch, since it's something different, and most of my team is pretty slow. Focus Punch is for trying to hit other Ice types.

Walrein-probably leftovers
Ability- Thick fat
Ice Beam
Surf
Rest/Encore
Sleep Talk/Signal Beam

Walrein is my anti-fire pokemon. I'm thinking rest over Encore, since I'd rather keep him in battle longer than annoy people. He can stall against water types, but unless he has Signal Beam, he can't really hurt them either.

Yukimenoko(the ice/ghost Snorunt evo)-no idea for an item
Ability-Snow Hide
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Destiny Bond

Yukimenoko is a special sweeper. Destiny Bond is for switching in on a Curselax that's about to use Body Slam, getting killed by it next turn, and taking it down with me. Snow Hide raises it's evasion in Hail, making it last longer. Other than that, it's pretty standard.

Weavile-Salac Berry
Ability: Pressure
Swords Dance
Blade Test
Aerial Ace
Brick Break/Ice Punch

Pretty basic-ish physical sweeper set. Aerial Ace is for fighters, Ice Punch for STAB or Brick Break for other Ice types, I'm not sure.

Lapras- no idea
Ability-Water Absorb
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Rest
Toxic

Lapras is my anti-fighter/anti-SkarmBliss/anti water. The idea is to Toxic/Rest Blissey's, Thunderbolt Skarmories and waters, and Psychic fighters. Could also scare Fire types into switching if something happened to Walrein.

Manmuu(the Piloswine evo.)- probably Leftovers
Ability-Snow Hide
Curse
Earthquake
Snow Slide
Rest

Manmuu is my suprise pokemon, something I'm probably going to bring out later on, unless something bad happens to Yukinooh and an Electric type is killing everything. Snow Slide, which doubles it's power if he is hit before he uses it(like Revenge) should work obscenely well with Curse. Snow Hide makes him harder to hit, like Yukimenoko. Rest lets him stay in longer. I might use him to fight Curselaxs, if I don't wnat to give up my Boltbeamer.

So, what do you think? Other than Yukimenoko and Weavile, most of my team is pretty slow. Jynxs are pretty fast, but I can't think of anyone on my team really worth getting rid of for a Jynx. Maybe Yukimenoko, Manmuu could probably beat a Snorlax.

Jeff
27th October 2006, 11:40 PM
This is basically a rate-my-team thread, but itsort of goes with what I said about people having a lot more choices of what pokemon to use in the metagame, and it not being a "you're team is terrible unless you have/can beat SkarmBliss and Salamence."

This is a team I came up with while looking at the pokedex on serebii made entirely of Ice pokemon, and no legendaries like Articuno and Regice.

Starter- Yukinooh(the grass-ice monster thing.)-probably Leftovers.
Ability: Hailstorm
Wood Hammer
Ice Pebble/Ice Punch
Earthquake
Focus Punch

He's on here mainly because of his ability, which makes it Hail as soon as he comes out(sort of like SandStream) Earthquake is good for Electrics, and hitting fire-types when they switch in, but he'll have to switch out right after that. SInce most of the other guys on my team have Ice moves, I'm thinking of putting in Ice Pebble over ice punch, since it's sort of slow. Focus Punch is for trying to hit other Ice types.

Electric? don't forget about fire! (double weak), EQ takes care of that anyway though

Walrein-probably leftovers
Ability- Thick fat
Ice Beam
Surf
Rest/Encore
Sleep Talk/Signal Beam

Walrein is my anti-fire pokemon. I'm thinking rest over Encore, since I'd rather keep him in battle longer than annoy people. He can stall against water types, but unless he has Signal Beam, he can't really hurt them either.

Yukimenoko(the ice/ghost Snorunt evo)-no idea for an item
Ability-Snow Hide
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Destiny Bond

Yukimenoko is a special sweeper. Destiny Bond is for switching in on a Curselax that's about to use Body Slam, getting killed by it, and taking it down too. Snow Hide raises it's evasion in Hail, making it last longer. Other than that, it's pretty standard.

Ghost-types actually aren't affected by Body Slam

Weavile-Salac Berry
Ability: Pressure
Swords Dance
Blade Test
Aerial Ace
Brick Break/Ice Punch

Pretty basic-ish physical sweeper set. Aerial Ace is for fighters, Ice Punch for STAB or Brick Break for other Ice types, I'm not sure.

Lapras- no idea
Ability-Water Absorb
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Rest
Toxic

Lapras is my anti-fighter/anti-SkarmBliss/anti water. The idea is to Toxic/Rest Blissey's, Thunderbolt Skarmories and waters, and Psychic fighters. Could also scare Fire types into switching if something happened to Walrein.

Manmuu(the Piloswine evo.)- probably Leftovers
Ability-Snow Hide
Curse
Earthquake
Snow Slide
Rest

Manmuu is my suprise pokemon, something I'm probably going to bring out later on, unless something bad happens to Yukinooh and an Electric type is killing everything. Snow Slide, which doubles it's power if he is hit before he uses it(like Revenge) should work obscenely well with Curse. Snow Hide makes him harder to hit, like Yukimenoko. Rest lets him stay in longer. I might use him to fight Curselaxs, if I don't wnat to give up my Boltbeamer.

So, what do you think? Other than Yukimenoko and Weavile, most of my team is pretty slow. Jynxs are pretty fast, but I can't think of anyone on my team really worth getting rid of for a Jynx. Maybe Yukimenoko, Manmuu could probably beat a Snorlax.

Yeah only two comments for now, it's getting late...

frylock
27th October 2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks for thecomments. What I meant was she'd switch in, The Body Slam would have no effect, but then she would get killed the next turn when Snorlax uses Crunch/Shadow Ball, so it can get in the Destiny Bond.

Darien Shields
28th October 2006, 06:47 PM
With an all-ice team I'd try and make more use of Hail... are there any abilities other than Snow Hide that utilise it?

frylock
28th October 2006, 11:53 PM
Ice Body recovers HP in Hail. Unfortunately, the only guys that get it are Glalie and Walrein. WIth that and LEftovers, Walrein could become pretty powerful, but he might need thick fat. Glacia gets Snow Hide as well, but I'm not sure a Glacia would work well on this team. Not too sure about Glalie, maybe I could put him over Weavile with Spikes/two physical moves/Explosion.