PDA

View Full Version : GAME (Tournament): Fall 2006 Cartoon Character Battle – Semifinals [M.A. TML]

mr_pikachu
28th October 2006, 09:25 AM
Fall 2006 Cartoon Character Battle – Semifinals
Originally Created By Dr. Omicron
Tournament Director and Host: mr_pikachu
Moderator Approved by The_Missing_Link
With Many Thanks to GameFAQs.com

RULES

1. Each round of the tournament will be given a separate thread. Each individual battle of the round will be listed in the first post of that thread, and it will show the combatant’s names as well as their seeding in the tournament. When you see this, it’s time for you to vote!

2. To vote, simply indicate your choices in a reply to the round’s thread. A good way to do this is by copying the brackets that are posted and bolding your choice for each match. Feel free to post comments such as your reasons for choosing each character, too.

3. Each round will last for one week before the thread is closed and the round is concluded. This means that you have an entire week to pick who you want to win. That should be plenty of time. If you really want your characters to win, then get out there and vote!

4. Once the tournament reaches the latter stages, more information may be given about the remaining characters. You may hear about each character’s history, appearances, creation, and other interesting facts. This data will help you to make the crucial decisions that will decide the final champion.

5. Should two characters be tied when the polls for a match close, the tournament director will cast the tiebreaker vote. However, the tournament director will NOT cast a vote in ANY match other than a required tiebreaker vote. It’ll be up to you to keep your characters moving through the tournament, so get out the vote!

6. The tournament will continue in this manner until the final battle is complete and the Champion of the tournament is decided.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Quarterfinal Results

Paper Division

#1 Garfield (Garfield) vs. #10 Superman (Justice League)

Paper Division Winner: Superman, 4-3

West Division

#4 Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children) vs. #3 Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)

West Division Winner: Homer Simpson, 4-3

East Division

#5 Asuka (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. #7 Inuyasha (Inuyasha)

East Division Winner: Inuyasha, 4-2

Time Division

#8 Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) vs. #2 Bender (Futurama)

Time Division Winner: Edward Elric, 5-2

Semifinal #1

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9953/supermanaf1.gif #10 Superman (Justice League) VS.

[SIZE=4]#7 Inuyasha (Inuyasha) http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/2206/inuyashawj5.gif

Tournament History

#7 Slade ~ Superman winked at the judge (4-4)#10 Keitaro Urashima ~ Inuyasha beheaded Keitaro (6-1)
#2 Ichigo ~ Superman reaped Ichigo's soul (7-3)#2 Vash the Stampede ~ Inuyasha outdrew Vash (8-2)
#6 Spiderman ~ Superman was immune to spider senses (4-3)#3 Spike Spiegel ~ Inuyasha was too cool for Spike (4-3)
#1 Garfield ~ Superman threw the world’s lasagna into space (4-3)#5 Asuka ~ Inuyasha shredded Eva Unit 02 (4-2)

Semifinal #2

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/4826/homerls2.gif #3 Homer Simpson (The Simpsons) VS.

vs. #8 Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6743/edwardwy9.gif

Tournament History

#14 Takeru ~ Homer Simpson never heard of Takeru (6-2)#9 Jin ~ Edward Elric performed human alchemy on Jin (6-1)
#6 GIR ~ Homer Simpson ate GIR (8-2)#1 Stewie Griffin ~ Edward Elric dropped his brother on Stewie (6-4)
#7 Ash Ketchum ~ Homer Simpson befuddled Ash (6-1)#4 Bugs Bunny ~ Edward Elric retaliated when Bugs called him "small" (4-3)
#4 Sephiroth ~ Homer Simpson sat on Sephiroth’s sword (4-3)#2 Bender ~ Edward Elric transmuted Bender into a rock (5-2)

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1168/tourneybracket7yi3.gif

Shadow Wolf
28th October 2006, 10:06 AM
Hmm, only four combatants remaining.

#10 Superman (Justice League) VS. #7 Inuyasha (Inuyasha)

This one is really tough for me, since both of them are very good combatants.
I decided to go with Superman, since I know him more than Inuyasha.

#3 Homer Simpson (The Simpsons) vs. #8 Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)

Even if Edward seems to be cooler than Homer, my vote goes for Homer because of the same reason as above.

Inferno_Dragon
28th October 2006, 01:36 PM

~ This one is tougher than before. Although Superman is the Man of Steel and probably could block all of Inuyusha's blows ... Inuyusha is a whole lot cooler. He is part demon, he has a cool sword and not to mention that he always gets in ridiculous situations (not to mention the whole Sit thing.) So my vote is for Inuyusha.

~ Once again another tough one, because both opponents are really awesome. I mean when it comes to anger, both of them have it down pat whether it is Edwards's Anger Issues when people call him short or Homer's Anger Problem's with Bart while Strangling him. But despite everything, I will have to go with Edward Elric. True, Homer has been around a lot more than Edward has, but Edward can do a lot more than Homer can. True, Homer can do some unnatural abilities (In "Whiz Kids" he possessed the same ability that Mad-Eye Moody could do.) But Homer can't do alchemy. If Homer could do alchemy, he could never worry about running out of Beer or Donuts again. So my vote is for Edward Elric.

Blademaster
28th October 2006, 04:55 PM
Before I vote, I just wanna say...

All four of the semi-finalists are characters I nominated. I was hoping one of my nominees (maybe 2) would get to the finals, but all of them!? I'm honestly at a loss for words... :eek:

~ This is a real tough one - a legend of Western animation VS. a legend in Eastern animation... Still, if they ever fought, I honestly think Superman could outlast Inuyasha. So, my vote is for Superman.

~ Alchemy or no alchemy, Homer Simpson has been through a lot more than Ed; Homer would probably strangle the FullMetal Alchemist, maybe even with his own automail arm (If Homer didn't accidentally break it first, that is. :p). Homer for the win.

.hacker
28th October 2006, 10:21 PM
Superman

Homer Simpson

Andrew
29th October 2006, 01:15 AM
Superman and Homer! Why would you vote for Edward? He's a 1 note character who's insanely boring or agressive.

IT IS CARTOON! NOT ANIME! GO HOMERS!11

darktyranitar
29th October 2006, 04:43 AM
Superman

Edward Elric

mr_pikachu
3rd November 2006, 09:09 PM
Although I won't be here to lock the thread, the semifinals will end in just over 12 hours (precisely a week after the first post). Even though the thread will be open, I won't be able to count any votes after that point. Just a heads-up to anyone who may want to submit a ballot because they see the open thread.