PDA

View Full Version : Me vs Weasel Overlord (Ref: Blademaster)

Dragonis
2nd November 2006, 07:45 PM
Alright, since my fight against Chris 2.0 got canned before it even started, I've got an open slot and am in desperate need of points. Anyone up for a quick 2-on-2 match?

2-on-2, one pokemon out at a time
Double damage with no damage caps
Banned moves: Rest, Toxic, direct healing, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Attract and anything else the opponent wants
Special condition: only one non-damageing attack my be used per turn
I'll send out first, you attack first
Arena: The middle of the ocean with no land, or anything else but water, in sight

To start things off I'll send out Nagi, my female Dratini.

Weasel Overlord
3rd November 2006, 04:29 AM
[color=silver]This sounds like fun! I shall accept your challenge!

I see your Dratini and raise you one male Arcanine, Aelethil!

Ael, start things off by using your first non-attacking move for this round, use a Safeguard! Then follow that up with a Dragonbreath, and finish the round with an Iron Tail!

~Safeguard ~Dragonbreath ~Iron Tail

(Arcanine learns Dragonbreath and Dragon Rage according to Veekun's (http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/58) pokedex for Growlithe. It also learns Teleport! How bizzare...)

Dragonis
3rd November 2006, 03:01 PM
While I thank you for accepting my challenge, I don't think Arcanine is the best choice for this arena. Seeing as how there's no land and I don't think fire types make very good swimmers. If you'd like to switch pokemon or leave Arcanine out let me know and I'll post my attacks.

Weasel Overlord
3rd November 2006, 03:10 PM
[color=silver]Oh poo. That'll teach me to read things first! Rrright, in that case, I'll switch my choice to Tyrus, the male, shiny Cloyster! Tyrus, begin the round with a Withdraw, to increase your defense! Follow that up by Rapidly Spinning, to create a whirlpool and hopefully trap Nagi within. Finish up by aiming an Icy Wind down into the whirlpool. Let's chill that Dratini!

~Withdraw ~Rapid Spin ~Icy Wind

Sorry for the newb error >< *slaps head* I can be a cretin sometimes...

Dragonis
3rd November 2006, 03:28 PM
Alright Nagi, start off hitting Tyrus with Extremspeed* before he has a chance to use Withdraw. Then use Agility to get out of range of the whirlpool before bringing a Thunder attack down on he's 'head'.

~Extremspeed~Agility~Thunder~

*According to Veekun's page Dratini can get Extremspeed in Crystal

Dragonis
8th November 2006, 01:43 AM
Anyone want to ref this? Please? I have some 'special' brownies I'm willing to share. :D

Blademaster
11th November 2006, 08:39 PM

EYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

SPLAT!!

(slams into ground face-first; parachute deploys a few seconds later)

Oooooooooh...

(gets up; dusts self off)

I'm gonna be feeling that tomorrow... Damn bargain bin parachutes...

Uh... heh heh... Someone call for a ref? :heh:

Dragonis
12th November 2006, 01:19 AM
That would be greatly appreciated, Blade! Now, as promised, I have a few brownies left you can have. :D

Blademaster
15th November 2006, 04:45 PM
Sorry, dude and dudette (Dudess? Dudella? Hmmmm...) - I've been kinda busy. I'll have the reffing up by tomorrow.

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 12:59 AM
Weasel Overlord VS. Dragonis

Official ASB Battle

Referee: Blademaster

Arena: The middle of the ocean with no land, or anything else but water, in sight.

Round 1

Weasel Overlord's Team

Tyrus the Cloyster(M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Withdraw - Rapid Spin - Icy Wind

Dragonis' Team

Nagi the Dratini(F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Extremespeed - Agility - Thunder

We're here at... somewhere in the ocean... I'd usually put a witty little intro right here, but... it's the ocean. What can I say? There's water everywhere, and that's about it...

Oh, well... As the ref sulks over his inability to put a cute quip in here before the battle begins, two Trainers arrive on a large yacht: the wily and energetic Dragonis, and the...

(looks at cue card)

...eccentric Moderatress Weasel Overlord. Yeah, she's kinda kooky, but we still love her.

The two Trainers waste no time in sending out their Pokemon: Weasel sends out a sparkly greenish oyster-cannon hybrid, and Dragonis sends out a blue sea serpent. The two Pokemon bob gently on the water, facing each other bravely.

Off the side of the battlefield, the ref lounges atop his Gyarados, overseeing the battle.

"OK, you two," he says Mills Lane-style, "I want a good clean fight! Obey my commands at all times! Now let's get it on!"

A wrestling bell dings in the background, and the battle is underway!

Nagi starts the round by surging through the water at Tyrus, slamming into the oyster and knocking him back a few feet. Not that he really felt much, and now that he's Withdrawn his head into his multi-layered shell, he won't be feeling much else, either.

Tyrus, seeing his opening, clamps his shell closed tight and begins to spin himself in the water at a high speed, eventually creating a current. But Nagi quickly slithers out of its path, boosting her Speed even higher in the process.

Frowning, Tyrus opens his shell a little... Only to get slammed in the face with a blast of lightning a moment later. The shellfish shrieks and falls back, steam rising from his body (A steamed clam! Yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk...) before he counter attacks, exhaling a blast of cool, fresh breath at Nagi. To many Pokemon, that'd be refreshing, but to Nagi, it's a problem, and a Speed-decreasing one at that...

Weasel Overlord's Team

Tyrus the Cloyster(M)
Health: 81%
Energy: 88%

Dragonis' Team

Nagi the Dratini(F)
Health: 91%
Energy: 78%

Arena Status: Everything's cool.

Other Remarks: (sips one of those coconut drinks with the umbrella in it) ...

-Blade

Sorry, too lazy to make it look good. Just be glad it's back, 'cuz I sure am.

Dragonis
24th November 2006, 03:30 AM
I'm just going to repost attacks since thay got deleted with the move.

Ok Nagi, start off by shrouding yourself in a Haze. Then hit hit Tyrus with a Shock Wave before trapping him inside a Twister.

~Haze~Shock Wave~Twister~

Weasel Overlord
24th November 2006, 04:51 AM
Well Tyrus, two can play at that game! Start with a nice Dive while Nagi's busy Hazing herself. We don't really need to see her, after all, do we? stay under the water, and use a Hail to make her really uncomfortable! Counter that Twister with a Blizzard, try and freeze her up a bit above the water there.

~Dive ~Hail ~Blizzard

Dragonis
29th November 2006, 09:43 PM
Hey Blade, did you forget about us?

Blademaster
29th November 2006, 11:08 PM
Never. I'm just at a bit of a quandry as to whether or not I want to continue being an ASB Ref. I have a lot of other responsibilities in and out of TPM, and I just don't think I have time for it anymore.

And the fact I'm currently reffing some 7 matches isn't making things any easier.

I'm sorry, but you guys should just look for a new ref. I can't keep doing this. :(

Dragonis
30th November 2006, 08:30 PM
OK, anyone else want to ref this?

Dragonis
12th December 2006, 01:19 PM
Hey, WO, do you just want to can this battle since no-one is signing up to ref this?

Weasel Overlord
13th December 2006, 07:37 AM
Yeaaah, we might as well, although it's really quite annoying! ><

Dragonis
14th December 2006, 12:44 AM
I totally agree.