PDA

View Full Version : OzAndrew's April-Esque Cafe of Corruption, Bitchiness & Crying Children (Chat Thread)

Pages : [1] 2

Chris 2.1
4th November 2006, 05:32 AM
New chat thread. The old one was filling up fast! It's in the archive, if you want to view your sproadic comments.

In other news, since this cafe's design was based off the Hard Rock Cafe, you can buy all forms of Solrock Tshirts, Mugs, pencils, pens, and all sorts of crappy merchandise.

The Safari Zone should be implemented soon - TBA and I have been doing test-runs and there seem to be few flaws. There are lots of different things to explore and I think you'll enjoy it!

Member of the Month

Goes to...

MeLoveGhosts!

Silencer
4th November 2006, 05:37 AM
I'd like a solrock nightlight :D

Still not my theme, but I shall never give up (atleast not until I grow tired of the band :p)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th November 2006, 06:07 AM
What is the band?

Silencer
4th November 2006, 06:10 AM
Just drop 'the' and 'dunsparce' from my name suggestion :)

Ultimate Charizard
4th November 2006, 08:28 AM
What was your suggestion again? Im too lazy to check back lol.

Silencer
4th November 2006, 08:40 AM
-_-

Been the same for 3 months orso now

THE DISTURBED DUNSPARCE

If you want to hear some songs from them, their site is www.disturbed1.com and in the left upper corner should be a music player. I'd recommend either of the songs except land of confusion (first one)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th November 2006, 10:07 AM
Pretty nice. I'm more into punk, but it's pretty cool.

Silencer
5th November 2006, 11:19 AM
Anyone else have a comment. Come one people show some activity :)

Silencer
5th November 2006, 12:46 PM
First of all sorry for the double post but I wanted to show you people what you put me through when there is no activity.

As a result of non-activity (compared to my uuber active life on TPM) this is what I do

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/Furious101/Ryuujin.jpg

I pixel out my own zanpakutou (bleach-anime, means soul cutter or soul sword or something like that). And then I bother you guys with it. So be active or I might even pixel out the bankai of it :mad:

Blademaster
5th November 2006, 03:03 PM
Is that a sword or a cactus? :confused:

Silencer
5th November 2006, 03:26 PM
Easy there, that's my first drawing EVER.

The_Missing_Link
5th November 2006, 03:34 PM
Easy there, that's my first drawing EVER.

BS. I'm sure you drew stuff as a kid. Drawing on the computer, now that's a different story

Blademaster
5th November 2006, 03:49 PM
My first drawing ever was a duplicate of Van Gogh's Starry Night at age 2. I rock. :D

And I mean no disrespect, but that thing does look like a cactus.

EDIT: And Chris is a Snorlax.

(runs)

Silencer
6th November 2006, 04:15 AM
As a kid... Do stickmen with hair actually count as a drawing. Or a circle with lines coming from it and laughing?

Weasel Overlord
6th November 2006, 07:43 AM
[color=silver]Of course they do!! Hehe... stick figures rock socks dude!

Oo, Disturbed eh? I wondered where that name came from, even though it's glaringly obvious now >< I quite like those guys, even though I tend to prefer slightly, ah, softer(?) stuff... For example... MUSE!! (I'm seeing them live on Friday... sorry if they get mentioned quite a lot from now on... ^^;; )

And I agree, that sword does resemble a cactus quite a bit...

Silencer
6th November 2006, 10:46 AM
I was going for flameshaped thingies but that failed miserably apparently. Now I have turned them around and it looks like a fish :D Anyway, it's a new hobby now XD. Made a simple katana and am working on a spear :p. Will probably make more fantasy swords afterwards. Will post them when it gets inactive so be warned of my crappy pixeled weapons.

Charles Legend
7th November 2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah to bad Link in the Legend of Zelda would never get a Cactus Sword, now that would be funny to see link fireing off energy beeams at Ganon with that sword in much the same way James' Cacnea fires off Pin missle in the Ainime, then again Link could do that as Force Destniy however do toit's power you could only use the Force Destny mask in boss battles....

btw just clear up somthing at the tikme I had my Mareep apoved I had no Idea that Link was ever called the "Hero of Light" since I was refuring more to the fact Apharos is known as the Light Pokémon Zelda I was thinking mabe an Espeon, and for Ganon a Primeape.....

BTW dose anyone know if the other six maidens in ALTTP/FFA have names like Zelda dose? Or should I just use the six named sages from OoT for the other six eevee evolutions....

~Charles Legend

Andrew
8th November 2006, 02:09 AM
This new topic title is crap.

That is all.

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 02:18 AM
I agree - the title sucks.

Because I didn't think of it. ;)

Chris 2.1
8th November 2006, 04:47 AM
Andrew's not happy with something. What a surprise.

Andrew
8th November 2006, 05:04 AM
Its a shock hay! Lol. Still, i feel i am right!

Ultimate Charizard
8th November 2006, 06:07 AM
Reel Big Fish - What are Freinds for

Andrews new themes song. (mostly from the second verse, First one sounds too friendly)

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 01:19 AM
I'm bored. Where's everyone at?

Hurry up and post before Silencer comes back and turns this place into a cactus patch. :lol:

Silencer
9th November 2006, 06:44 AM
It's to late blade.

Behold my easiest to make sword :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/Furious101/sealed.jpg

Perhaps I should add some blood to it next time.

*eyes everyone that isn't active*

MeLoVeGhOsTs
9th November 2006, 09:45 AM
I was wondering, what will you guys do when DP is added to ASB? Freak out and go on a shopping spree? Or wait and speculate on coolness of the pokemon? Anything else?

And I asure you, not all Belgian people are as strange as Silencer.

Chris 2.1
9th November 2006, 09:53 AM
Hmm good question. I think there are a few new ones I'd catch. I'd maybe start with one or two. To be honest there aren't a whole load I'd want on my team, although I do like a lot of them.

Silencer
9th November 2006, 10:04 AM
I was wondering, what will you guys do when DP is added to ASB? Freak out and go on a shopping spree? Or wait and speculate on coolness of the pokemon? Anything else?

And I asure you, not all Belgian people are as strange as Silencer.

I just got to much free time on my hands :D. I already know all lessons that I have now, with minor changes. Plus I quit my addiction to a certain MMORPG (not WoW, I have a crappy computer) so I have waaaaaaay to much time to kill. For the new D/P pokémon I'll probably get the game before I make any captures.

Elec Man EXE
9th November 2006, 10:58 AM
Well, I'll have to see all of them in-game for starters, since I haven't looked at anything past those sprites that were released, and only a few moments at those. I'm trying to keep the sense of discovery when I get D/P.

I'm guessing it'll add another 40 or more to my "list" of pokemon I want to catch. Gosh, I've already got a good 200 or more... not that I'll EVER catch that many, but...

EDIT: What ever happened to that whole member of the month thing? Haven't seen anything about it lately (unless I just completely missed it, which is completely possible).

The Blue Avenger
9th November 2006, 11:23 AM
I think most of the Pokemon I want are evolutions to older Pokemon - particularly Nosestache and PorygonZ, although I like Tangela's evo and Elecable as well.

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 11:33 AM
I already have a few in mind.

I'll get either the cat with the spiral tail that evolve into the fat cat or the skunk Pokemon first.

Chris 2.1
9th November 2006, 12:31 PM
oooh yea MOTM

MeLoVeGhOsTs
9th November 2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah I want the Skunkpokemon aswell. I also want to add the Poison/Fighting frog to my arsenal. Besides that I don't really want anything of the new pokemon, although some of them look cool.

Dragonis
9th November 2006, 02:05 PM
I plan on getting the land-shark dragon. That's the only new pokemon I plan on getting right now, but that might change later.

Negrek
9th November 2006, 02:06 PM
Well, it would be difficult to go on a shopping spree without any points, but there are a couple D/P pokémon I'd like to add to my team, sure. Only evolution I have to worry about for the moment is PorygonZ, though.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 02:09 PM
I want Yukamaru (that stubby Ground-Dragon thing) and Rotomu (the Castform-ish Electric-Ghost type) myself. My team needs Electric and Dragon power, and besides, Rotomu is too cool to pass up and Yukamaru just pwnz0rs everything in sight when it evolves.

On a related note, I need a Dark and Ice type for my team, too... I'd personally go for Mirakuge and Yukikabari if I weren't scared to death of them. :eek:

Dragonis
12th November 2006, 02:08 PM
Man, it's gotten slow around here. So, who was the MOTM this month anyways?

Chris 2.1
12th November 2006, 02:31 PM
I edited the first post here. It was MeLoveGhosts. MLG you get 5 points. Make sure you link here in the bank.

Blademaster
12th November 2006, 03:56 PM
Damn, this place is slow... Where's everybody at? We need some excitement around here!

(sets up a pinball machine in the corner)

There! That should attract customers! :D

Silencer
12th November 2006, 04:02 PM
1 pinball machine?

Maybe we should build an entire arcade. a FREE arcade. Can't someone program a small game and we all post our high-scores here :D

Blademaster
12th November 2006, 04:26 PM
http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_games/arcade.htm

Go nuts.

Andrew
13th November 2006, 01:35 AM
I blame the lack of posts on the SHITTY TITLE!

Um... what else to say.. Drawn Together... is AWESOME

Blademaster
13th November 2006, 01:47 AM
I blame the lack of posts on Andrew's negative attitude scaring away the customers. ;)

Chris 2.1
13th November 2006, 02:37 AM
Ok so does anyone have a Psyduck or Golduck they want to trade/sell? If not I'll catch my own, I just thought I'd check since a few people have them.

Silencer
13th November 2006, 02:49 AM
I blame the lack of posts on Andrew's negative attitude scaring away the customers. ;)

Nah, that's a crowdmagnet, everyone wants to see the village idiot ;) (hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass)

Andrew
13th November 2006, 04:22 AM
Banned. Fucker.

Blademaster
13th November 2006, 04:25 AM
Nah, that's a crowdmagnet, everyone wants to see the village idiot ;)

(hands clamped over mouth; making choked laughing-noises)

I'd say it's funny because it's true.... but.... eh, I dunno how to end that sentence. :p

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th November 2006, 12:26 PM
Woooooow! MOTM! Hurray Hurray Hurray!! Thanks for liking me. *runs off with points*

Elec Man EXE
13th November 2006, 01:01 PM
Congrats on MotM MLG (ugh, too many abbreviations!).

Silencer
13th November 2006, 01:02 PM
Ok so it did come back to bite me in the ass.

So 5 free points for MOTM huh? Could always be usefull... Where do I sign up for buttkissing?

Chris 2.1
13th November 2006, 01:16 PM
Lol you get member of the month by being a good member; not spamming up the Generic Chat Thread, not being an impatient whiny b!tch when matches are slow, being polite and whatnot and being a good ref. Those are all individual factors we would take into consideration when choosing a member of the month.

and yes, you can win it twice.

Silencer
13th November 2006, 01:20 PM
Lol you get member of the month by being a good member; not spamming up the Generic Chat Thread (damn) , not being an impatient whiny b!tch when matches are slow (50-50) , being polite (does most of the time count) and whatnot and being a good ref (approve me then :D). Those are all individual factors we would take into consideration when choosing a member of the month.

and yes, you can win it twice.

I'm spamming up the chat thread since I get bored easily, ok I whine sometimes but that's when I can't get a ref (or I have to wait over a month, and that only happened once), I'm pretty polite besides my last remark about Andrew. And a ref I'm not yet. Or does unapproved count?

Chris 2.1
13th November 2006, 02:03 PM
I wasn't specifically reffering to you there haha. Unapproved refs do count since you still ref. Just keep wearing that smile and I'm sure it'll pay off.

Elec Man EXE
14th November 2006, 10:45 AM
So guys... I'm thinking of implementing stats in my future reffings, but in a limited fasion. Something based on the highest and lowest stats of the pokemon in question, as far as Attack stats and Defense stats, and HP. Speed is already considered in attack order and whatnot, so thats exempt.

For example, a Jolteon. Best stat is Sp. Attack. So all special attacks used would get a 1-2% power boost. Worst stat is defense, so all physical attacks against Jolteon would do 1-2% more damage. A Slowking would get a Sp. Defense boost and take 1-2% less damage from special attacks, while also having a lower attack, 1-2% less damage using physical attacks. A Wailord would get 10% extra HP (for 110% at full health), while having lowered Special Defense (since both D and SD are the same, I just pick the one that makes the most "sense" to me).

Just a little something to further differentiate pokemon from one another, other than just moveset or speed.

Good idea? Bad idea? Idea thats going to get me chased with pitchforks and torches?

Chris 2.1
14th November 2006, 10:46 AM
It's a nice idea but very complex. It might become a little too much. I can't see it being implemented into standard reffings but if you want to do it, go ahead.

Silencer
14th November 2006, 10:48 AM
Seems good by me except for the HP... Having a pokémon get a bonus because of that isn't really fair IMO.

Elec Man EXE
14th November 2006, 10:53 AM
I thought so at first too Silencer, but then I started thinking. A physical defense boost (at 1-2% damage reduction per attack) potentially gives a pokemon just as much extra "HP" as the health boost itself, just in a different form. Just depends on how many physical attacks get used.

Chris 2.1
15th November 2006, 04:23 AM
I think, seeing as the main ASB Tourney is finishing soon, we should perhaps consider the next Tournament. The Tiny Tourney is nearing the finals as well so yea.

Now I for one like the idea about the Random Tourney; in which you are given a team of random Pokemon and fight against each other.

Obviously we're pitching ideas. And these initial ideas are pretty, well, initial. So we don't have to get too in depth here because we'll start going in circles.

How many spaces should we have? We had 16 for the first ASB Tourney and it's taken over a year. 8 is quite a small amount. I think 16 would work if we made sure refs were efficient and fast, and so were the battlers.

Ultimate Charizard
15th November 2006, 08:45 AM
I agree that 16 is do-able as long as the whole process is more efficient than the last one. (Reffings on time) etc.
All i could suggest is that to anyone wanting to be a ref for this, havea good think. If you know your not going to be able to be upto date dont offer to ref just for the sake of being a tourney ref.

One thing id like to suggest, rather than a Random pokemon tourney id say a Random arena tourney would be better (kinda the next level of the Indigo League Finals)

Each round the arena would change to something increasingly more difficult. For example the first round could be a Volcanic island where only types resistant to heat can fight, the second would be in the middle of the ocean and therefore water types or flying/floating pokemon could battle. The next could be set way up in the air for a flying battle....
If the tournament battler has no 'compatible' pokemon such as no Flyers for the sky battle then a random pokemon will be assigned etc....

Silencer
15th November 2006, 09:29 AM
How about 12 entrants?

4 groups of 3 people. The underling matches will decide (2 points for win, 1 for tie and 0 for a loss). The people with the most points win. You might add something like KO'd pokémon incase 2 trainers get 3 points each (tie eachother and won against the other person)

Chris 2.1
15th November 2006, 10:49 AM
UC: It's a cool idea, but you can have whatever arena you want in normal matches. I do like the idea of a Volcanic arena though.

Elec Man EXE
15th November 2006, 10:53 AM
I like the aforementioned Random Tourney (pokemon) the best. Get people out of their "comfort zones" and force them to learn about some new pokemon. Might also want to make sure that they don't get any of the pokemon on their normal team (just repick another random pokemon if they do), so that people don't have an unfair advantage as far as having something they're familiar with.

Ultimate Charizard
15th November 2006, 01:35 PM
See the thing is since theres very little difference between the pokemon (such as stats) then all the random Pokemon choice means is they have to look through a different Movepool than they normally would. Its not so much a Random pokemon Tourney more of 'who gets the better movepool'. Though infact thats all ASB is. There wont be a person here who has said at one point or another 'I really like (random pokemon) but this one has a much better movepool'.

If someone normally uses a Ninetales but gets an Arcanine in the Tourney then they still get the Standard Fire type moves with a few differences.

Blademaster
15th November 2006, 02:12 PM
Sorry to interrupt, but I have a question.

I want a Shedinja, but not a crummy Ninjask. How would I work that? Can I just get a Nincada, have it battle, and then evolve it? Can I have it battle and then give it away? Does it have to battle at all? I'm totally confused...

Chris 2.1
15th November 2006, 03:19 PM
You get both upon evolution. So you get 2 Pokemon from one. If you don't want the other then trade/sell it, or leech it onto someone at xmas.

Silencer
15th November 2006, 03:41 PM
I'd love a Ninjask if you want someone to lose it to :D

Blademaster
15th November 2006, 04:03 PM
So you get 2 Pokemon from one.

O_o

Does that mean one of them is free?

Chris 2.1
15th November 2006, 04:14 PM
Umm well I suppose it is if you put it like that.

Shedinja becomes two Pokemon so you simply pay the 3 points to evolve it and get both. Since Shedinja is like an empty cocoon. Ninjask emerges from the back of the cocoon after evolution, and the cocoon is given life

The Blue Avenger
15th November 2006, 04:58 PM
I thought the way it worked was that you had to have double the EXP and the points.

Edit: ...as it says in the Approval Tower.

Chris 2.1
15th November 2006, 05:06 PM
Really? That makes sense. Umm has anyone noticed how I get everything wrong in here?

Blademaster
15th November 2006, 05:07 PM
I thought the way it worked was that you had to have double the EXP and the points.

Edit: ...as it says in the Approval Tower.

><

OK, you need to be quiet now.

(gets the sledgehammer)

Ultimate Charizard
15th November 2006, 06:03 PM
Makes very little sense though.
Paying for a pokemon you simply dont want? Making it battle twice for double XP?

The_Missing_Link
15th November 2006, 06:11 PM
Makes very little sense though.
Paying for a pokemon you simply dont want? Making it battle twice for double XP?

That's only if you want both of them though. If you want one, you just battle once

Greyfox
22nd November 2006, 10:37 PM
Ok so does anyone have a Psyduck or Golduck they want to trade/sell? If not I'll catch my own, I just thought I'd check since a few people have them.

I may decide suddenly to "hand over" my golduck, if you'd like. Depends on the price, however.

-Grey

The_Missing_Link
22nd November 2006, 10:41 PM
I may decide suddenly to "hand over" my golduck, if you'd like. Depends on the price, however.

-Grey

He already caught a Psyduck, I believe

Greyfox
22nd November 2006, 10:45 PM
But... but... golduck's better...

*shrug* No matter. I like mine anyway... if I ever get back to battling, that is...

-Grey

The Blue Avenger
22nd November 2006, 11:40 PM
Hey! Look who's back... again!

I wouldn't mind having a Golduck. It'd go well with my gym arena. ;)

Andrew
23rd November 2006, 12:03 AM
Ducky really doesn't strike me as being too rad.... but sure! Get one! :)

Ultimate Charizard
23rd November 2006, 05:23 AM
Hmmm ok, new board....we've lost alot of stuff guys. Infact i cant see alot on the Tourneys board. Wheres the November contest gone?
And on further inspection....the Approval Tower and pretty much everything except the Bank.

Good job you can get back to see the old board.

Silencer
23rd November 2006, 06:26 AM
also it seems that the posts made during the last week are gone aswell. I can notice off my battles

Pichu Luver
23rd November 2006, 08:55 AM
Ello people, if you look in annoucemtns the link to the SMF board is there. I also put it in my sig though, cause I didn't realize it at first either, and I was er, amused.

PS Silencer-You dont' have to PM me again as I have the PM of yours there.

Charles Legend
23rd November 2006, 09:34 AM
yeah, anyways happy thanksgiving evryone!

*walks in with a bunch of Solarocks levatating a lage amount of food the lest of witch is a Giant Turkey the size of a Ho-oh...*

So Chris want to cave it? *hannds chris a chainsaw...*

~Charles legend :evil:

Ultimate Charizard
23rd November 2006, 10:20 AM
Thanksgiving. The 'i cant quite wait for christmas so we'll have this now' holiday lol.
Oh well, nothing to do with me...
...Actually Charles why would Chris Carve it? You know he isnt American right..

Im feeling petty today.

Chris 2.1
23rd November 2006, 10:37 AM
Update

So when Chris 1.0 said we didn't need to backup our threads...

Anyway in the process of restoring everything back. And Thanksgiving is as about as relevant to me as national comb day or let's all celebrate our shoes day.

I'm feeling exhausted, dry and very sarcastic so approach with caution.

The Blue Avenger
23rd November 2006, 11:49 AM
To everyone wondering where all the old topics are: just set it so you can see older topics. It's one of the options down at the bottom of the page when you're viewing a list of topics.

Weasel Overlord
23rd November 2006, 11:54 AM
Oo, National Comb Day! When is that, Chris? I'd love to celebrate that! ^___^

Ultimate Charizard
23rd November 2006, 11:55 AM
That may be a Mod option since i cant see the option your talking about.

Weasel Overlord
23rd November 2006, 11:56 AM
No, it's right at the bottom. Always been there. Go to the normal board.

The_Missing_Link
23rd November 2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, and that means Chris can delete the new threads cause I can't edit stuff on the first page otherwise --;

The Blue Avenger
23rd November 2006, 12:07 PM
To anyone who still doesn't know where the hell this option is, take a look at this (http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2228/exampleyy4.png).

Silencer
23rd November 2006, 01:01 PM
And how can we see topics made in the last week or so? Or is that gonna be fixed soon?

The Blue Avenger
23rd November 2006, 01:07 PM
Silencer: It's being worked on, I think, but in the meantime you can go to this site (http://www.pokemasters.net/smf/).

Chris 2.1
23rd November 2006, 02:13 PM
I deleted all the new towers -_-;; it's been a tough week.

Silencer
23rd November 2006, 03:36 PM
Isn't there anyway at all to transfer the latest posts?

Greyfox
23rd November 2006, 09:19 PM
Hm... I am intrigued...

-Grey

Blademaster
23rd November 2006, 09:23 PM
By what - the Towers being deleted, National Comb Day, or Chris with a chainsaw? :D

The Blue Avenger
23rd November 2006, 09:35 PM
Hey Grey - I heartily approve of the new avatar. Just so ya know.

Greyfox
23rd November 2006, 09:38 PM
Then I've made a wise decision.

-Grey

darktyranitar
23rd November 2006, 10:28 PM
...!

Grey (or Drew, whatever), you should hang out here more often!

Nice avvie, btw.

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 12:36 AM
Meh, I personally liked the hippie hitting the cowbell with a drumstick better, myself... :/

Anyway, I'm confused about how ASB is working now. I just saw a battle that was ended instantly due to a few deleted posts, and while I personally don't think that's very fair, I honestly wouldn't mind - because I'm so nice/stupid, I'm now reffing at least 7 battles. :sweat:

The_Missing_Link
24th November 2006, 12:44 AM
Blade, if you look above, TBA posted a link to the old forums where you can access the deleted posts so you can just copy/paste what was deleted. If I was proactive, I would've done that with my reffed battle but I didn't feel like it since the battle was done anyway (which now I think that was the battle you were referring to)

I think one of the mods needs to add the link to the News thread though

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 12:48 AM
Ohhhhhhh, OK... Sorry about that, Bec; I checked that link before and it didn't work...

...And now it does. Weird.

Oh, and I know I'm two hours late, but I don't care - Happy Thanksgiving, ASB!

(gives everyone a Thanksgiving hug)

^^

Greyfox
24th November 2006, 02:27 AM
The "hippie" was Will Ferrel from a dated SNL sketch. It was poking fun of the small cowbell part in "Don't Fear the Reaper". Christopher Walken was in it as well; "I just gotta have more cowbell!"

-Grey

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 03:00 AM
Oh.

Heh... sorry if that insulted ya, drew; I've never gotten an answer to that question before...

RaZoR LeAf
24th November 2006, 09:06 AM
I'd like to apologise for my unexplained absence in the last weeks. I've been absolutely shattered after work, getting home at 7:30 then eating and just stopping to rest fills up the most of the night. So if had arse all time to do anything properly. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with stuff that's going on, but with Christmas coming up I'm going to be on the same grounds for the next few weeks at least.

Really sorry for everyone I've been reffing or and not posted anything, i'll make it up to you guys soon.

Silencer
24th November 2006, 06:08 PM
Is it just me or are threads/posts dissapearing?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th November 2006, 03:21 AM
The old site doesn't work for me :s

Chris 2.1
25th November 2006, 05:42 AM
Silencer: They've dissapeared, but are not dissapearing (That I know of)

I hate this new board -_-

Silencer
25th November 2006, 08:11 AM
This morning, I couldn't see my last post but now I can.

This new forum is messing with our heads:eek:

darktyranitar
25th November 2006, 08:57 AM
The old site doesn't work for me :s

Same here. I guess they have closed the old site...

Blademaster
25th November 2006, 02:10 PM
This morning, I couldn't see my last post but now I can.

This new forum is messing with our heads:eek:

I knew it! DIE EVIL FORUM!!!!1!!1!!111!

(hits the new forum with an umbrella)

Everoy
26th November 2006, 04:32 PM
*assumes fetal position and rocks back and forth*

Blademaster
28th November 2006, 02:39 AM
Well, it's the end of the month - time for a new name. Any suggestions?

(pan to an otherwise-empty Cafe with a confused Silencer and darktyranitar, and angry-looking Chris, and Kevvaelli huddled in the corner)

Ummmmm...

Well, anyway, my (unfortunately) best suggestion at the moment is Applebeedrill's. With D/P pending, Perapplebee's is another (slightly better) suggestion.

Now, on a more negative note, I'm thinking of retiring from the reffing business. I have too much to do outside TPM, and in TPM I have two fics (which haven't been updated in weeks) and an RPG to worry about, along with ASB, Hangman, annoying the Mods, and all these other little duties of mine.

So... I'll probably give it a bit more thought, but for now, I think I should pack it in.

darktyranitar
28th November 2006, 04:06 AM
The Jiggly Cafe. Or stick with what Andrew suggested way back ago: Muslim Mankey Mosque :p.

Aww Blade, don't quit reffing! Well, if you're feeling too pressured or something, then maybe you should cut down the reffing. But if that's the best for you, then go ahead, I guess.

Silencer
28th November 2006, 05:41 AM
(pan to an otherwise-empty Cafe with a confused Silencer and darktyranitar, and angry-looking Chris, and Kevvaelli huddled in the corner)

That's the Disturbed Dunsparce for ya :D

The Blue Avenger
28th November 2006, 08:08 AM
How about McDonphan's?

Chris 2.1
28th November 2006, 10:35 AM
Haha McDonphan's is good.

Charles Legend
30th November 2006, 03:41 PM
that's good Jeff, or we could go with The Loony Lunatone Café...

btw I cant wait for D/P to get here so I can finly get a decent fighting type for my team....btw the word Lucio is is the Italian for light... also the word car in Lucario most likly comes from the diverse order Carnivora IPA: [kɑː(r)ˈnɪvɔːˌrə] (from Latin carō (stem carn-) 'flesh', + vorāre 'to devour') includes over 260 placental mammals. While the Giant Panda is almost exclusively a herbivore (although it does occasionally eat fish, eggs and insects), nearly all others eat meat as their primary diet item: some (like the cat family) almost exclusively, others (like the bears and foxes) are more omnivorous. Members of Carnivora have a characteristic skull shape, and their dentition includes prominent canines and carnassials.

I also fond it instesting to note that The Maned Wolf (Chrysocyon brachyurus) has the word rac in it's Scientific name which when flipped arond spells the word car which are made of steel btw. ;)

Also In many ancient myths, the wolf is portrayed as being brave, honorable, or intelligent. The best examples of such portrayals are demonstrated by some of the stories of the Native Americans. Elsewhere, the wolf was revered as the totem animal of Ancient Rome (see Romulus and Remus and Lupercalia). In Proto-Indo-European society, the wolf was most likely associated with the warrior class, and the word itself was subject to taboo deformation (the Latin lupus being an example of a mutated form of the original Proto-Indo-European *wlkwos).

Thus this is why Rioru and Lucario are are fighting types, and the fact that the Lucario that served under Sir. Aaron acted much like a worrior in the way he battled.

~Char'es Legend :evil:

Silencer
30th November 2006, 04:04 PM
hwhere the hell did all of that come from?

you have way to much time on your hands charles.

The Blue Avenger
30th November 2006, 04:49 PM
btw I cant wait for D/P to get here so I can finly get a decent fighting type for my team....btw the word Lucio is is the Italian for light... also the word car in Lucario most likly comes from the diverse order Carnivora IPA: [kɑː(r)ˈnɪvɔːˌrə] (from Latin carō (stem carn-) 'flesh', + vorāre 'to devour') includes over 260 placental mammals. While the Giant Panda is almost exclusively a herbivore (although it does occasionally eat fish, eggs and insects), nearly all others eat meat as their primary diet item: some (like the cat family) almost exclusively, others (like the bears and foxes) are more omnivorous. Members of Carnivora have a characteristic skull shape, and their dentition includes prominent canines and carnassials.

I also fond it instesting to note that The Maned Wolf (Chrysocyon brachyurus) has the word rac in it's Scientific name which when flipped arond spells the word car which are made of steel btw. ;)

Not to shoot you down or anything, but I'm quite certain Lucario's name is what it is because if you reverse the syllables you get Oir - Ac - Ul, which can be pronounced Oracle. I'm not up-to-date on the anime, but I -think- that kinda fits his role in the movie.

Also, I doubt that the name Lucario, Japanese in origin, intentionally had the word 'car' in it. it is a neat coincidence, though.

Saffire Persian
30th November 2006, 05:18 PM
McDonphan's awesome. I say go with it.

Knight of Time
30th November 2006, 05:36 PM
McDonphan's definitely is a good way to "Pokemon-ize" McDonald's restaurants, so yes, I really like this name. Sure hope it does appear sometime. :)

Blademaster
30th November 2006, 08:06 PM
Right, that's it. I quit.

I can't be a ref anymore - it's too time-consuming now, not to mention it feels like people are taking advantage of my kindness: I've been getting PM's left and right asking me to ref battles. I'm not the Reffing Tower here.

Besides, I have enough to do at TPM without having to ref (Which, like I suspected when I first took the job, I've gotten tired of doing anyway.).

So, no more reffing for me kthnxbai.

(slumps down in a stool in front of the counter)

Bartender! I just lost my job... Gimme a chocolate shake on the rocks; shaken, not stirred.

Saffire Persian
30th November 2006, 09:12 PM
I can't be a ref anymore - it's too time-consuming now, not to mention it feels like people are taking advantage of my kindness: I've been getting PM's left and right asking me to ref battles. I'm not the Reffing Tower here.

Well, at least you know how Refs feel like. ^^ It makes you more sympathetic when they don't reply to your battles as timely as you'd like sometimes.

darktyranitar
30th November 2006, 10:59 PM
True that! So Blade... no more of the ASB Mario bumping pic, okay?

Aww man, there goes Ref Jason...

Blademaster
1st December 2006, 12:05 AM
Saffire: That's the whole problem - I got reffings done so fast, every second person to issue a challenge was PM'ing me to ref for them!

Faiz: No more Mario bumper? Fine, then.

(calls the currently-unemployed Ref Jason and hires him instead)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Soul_of_the_Phoenix/NeoJason.jpg

"Ki, ki, ki, ki, ma, ma, ma, ma..."

Long live the Jason bumper. :yes:

And don't worry - I won't tell him you're the one who cost him his job, heh heh. :cool:

Chris 2.1
1st December 2006, 06:59 AM
Member of the Month for December is Saffire Persian. She's been really helpful around here and even though she is busy, she does a great job! Thanks SP.

Remember if you think anyone deserves Member of the Month let me know. SP you get 5 points.

Elec Man EXE
1st December 2006, 11:10 AM
Certainly a deserving recipient of MotM. Congrats SP.

Its too bad your not reffing any more Blade. You were a good ref, and shall be missed.

Saffire Persian
1st December 2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks. ^^'' Never thought I'd get MotM. Guess Christmas came early for me...

Speaking of which, when is the ASB X-mas tree going to be put up? >.>

Edit: Well what d'ya know. (XD)

Negrek
1st December 2006, 07:06 PM
Congratulations, Saffire! You certainly deserve it.

Vermillion
5th December 2006, 12:09 PM
Well done Saf', I gotta put in more work now to get my own month ^_^.

Ultimate Charizard
8th December 2006, 11:23 PM
Wow things sure have gone quiet around here......*Lets Blastoise stamp on the floor*...oh wait, isnt that Earthquake?
WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Surely theres something someone wants to talk about lol

Blademaster
9th December 2006, 12:10 AM
Get me a Perappy Meal and an ice cream cone and I'll talk. :what:

Silencer
9th December 2006, 04:30 AM
Perhaps a reffing discussion to get things started? hmmm let's see....

Oh I know, do you guys let attacks miss if the other pokémon doesn't use defensive moves such as double team or agility and the likes? Or is it always a hit?

I always let the attacks hit, mostly because of the energy KO's that people are worried about. Always hit is more anime like as well, I don't think I've seen a lot of pokémon dodge an attack unless they were afraid or unless ordered to take evasive action.

Edit: Although powerfull attacks like iron tail have a slight chance at missing with me

Edit2: Installed Photoshop and made a new banner. Comments?

Negrek
9th December 2006, 10:55 AM
I always give a slight chance of missing to attacks, unless they're guarunteed-hit ones like swift or something like that. To me, it doesn't make sense that pokémon would always be able to aim perfectly in the heat of battle, especially with particularly powerful or unwieldy moves like hydro pump.

Saffire Persian
9th December 2006, 01:31 PM
Eh.. I always ref an attack as being a possible miss, but the chance of it missing depends on what the Pokemon does (like Agility, Double Team, Quick Attack) how small it is in some cases, the terrain, how easy the attack is to maneuver... (For instance, Flamethrower can be weilded rather easily, a Fire Blast in retrospect, cannot)... and such things.

Vermillion
10th December 2006, 10:26 AM
Not to be a topic changer, but todays my birthday, so yay me! 22 now...and feeling very old ^_^. So where are my presents! (kidding) =P

Silencer
10th December 2006, 10:41 AM
Posted a reffing of you? That a good present? If not then you'll probably be dissapointed :p

Vermillion
10th December 2006, 11:14 AM
Best...Gift...EVER!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th December 2006, 12:05 PM
HB Verm! Expect something later. You were afterall my first ref in my first match. I'll keep on thanking you for this, year after year after year...

Silencer
10th December 2006, 01:52 PM
So how is everyones matches going? It's getting kinda dull on my side. All I'm doing lately is putting up reffings. Although that's good for the rest of the community, my battles are going slow and I think I have the right to be a little selfish.

On the plus side, I've been catching up to The Pokemon Master League(at Ch34) and I've already appeared twice. One time as a guard, another as training for the assault. Sadly I haven't had a full battle yet (I think). So what has everybody else been doing?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th December 2006, 02:05 PM
I haven't had a full battle aswell, we're just mere cameo's.

My battles are dead, or semi-dead. Haven't been reffing aswell, exams and all...

Blademaster
10th December 2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I only made a cameo, too! You'd think I'd be good for some sort of comic relief...

And my battles are going slow as Hell... Which reminds me.

(cracks whip in MLG's direction)

No exams on wekkends! You ref now! I don't care how it looks, dammit! Make it one line for all I care! I want this battle over! OVER, I say! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hellyeah:

Ultimate Charizard
10th December 2006, 03:00 PM
Everyones battles are going slow at the minute.

I have a battle with Andrew that hasnt moved past the first round, a Gym match that hasnt got a ref after Blade Retired and a battle with Charles that, although somone has volunteered doesnt have an official ref yet.

Hopefull with the Holidays starting things could pick up again.

Silencer
13th December 2006, 12:46 PM
I was wondering, does anyone feel like having a same pokémon battle? Like electabuzz vs electabuzz and such things? It'll prob have to wait a while till one of my battles is finished (maybe you'll have to wait months, no idea :p). If so, you can see my pokémon in the my sig. If you are intrested and you have some off the pokémon I have, maybe we could have a 2on2 or 3on3? I'd settle for 1on1

Ultimate Charizard
13th December 2006, 04:17 PM
Ok is it just me or are all the Refs awol at the min?

I understand that alot of people are busy this time of year i just dont seem to be able to get a ref at all...in 3 battles......is it me you all dont like?

Saffire Persian
13th December 2006, 04:20 PM

I understand that alot of people are busy this time of year i just dont seem to be able to get a ref at all...in 3 battles......is it me you all dont like?

For us college students, it's finals time.. so that cuts our time down by a lot.. that is, if you want to study.

Silencer
13th December 2006, 04:26 PM

I guess I could pick up one of those battles. 3 does sound bad. I'll probably be able to ref every 2-3 days, I have a couple of other battles I'm reffing but the battlers also seem a little occupied. Just post the thread you think is in need of a ref the most here or PM me.

Ultimate Charizard
13th December 2006, 04:33 PM
Well i guess the most important one is my Gym battle...ill get you the link.

There you go. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15015)
Thanks Silencer!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th December 2006, 06:51 AM
Well, I'm not in college yet, but I also have exams. Busy busy. Sorry dudes.

DarkestLight
14th December 2006, 10:32 AM
Albiet slow, it's still good to see people haven't up and quit battles. I'll take age long battles over being dropped any day :o.

Mew Master
14th December 2006, 12:08 PM
Heh... being a newbie ain't all it's cracked up to be... but then again it's not that bad either. ^^

Hey Silencer, I'll accept your same PKMN battle challenge. However the only one that is the same that I have is Aero, my Aerodactyl. I'm in one official match, and my second match is waiting for a Ref ^^U, so I've got two more matches that I can be in. Heh.

Um... as far as the refing subject goes, I'm curious.

How do you judge the energy expenditure during a match? I think I understand the fact that Special attacks drain more than physical ones, but how do some of the judges make that call? Personal ideas of how much energy is used?

Sorry, just trying to get used to everything ^^.

Elec Man EXE
14th December 2006, 12:38 PM
I tend to use the damage rating of an attack to determine energy use. Medium-high damage (Flamethrower) would be around 7% energy. High (Fire Blast) around 8%. And so on, going up and down.

If the attack doesn't do damage, then its based on how hard it would be to perform. Something like Swagger is just vocal and a bit of movement, so its a low cost, 3% or so. Changing the weather with Sunny Day is much harder, so requires more energy. 5% normal, or 6-7% if its raining/hailing already. Protect, well being able to block any attack has to require a substancial amount of energy for the shield, 8%.

And actually, I tend to do physical and energy based attacks rather close to the same cost. Physical attacks may be a bit less energy intensive, but depending on things like how far the pokemon has to move (whether its already in melee range, or if it has to run all the way across the arena) it may be just as expensive as a comparable projectile.

As for Silencer's same pokemon battle idea... eh, I've got 3 that match yours. Well, one right now (Bulbasaur), but once I evolve both Sandshrew and Elekid it'll be 3. Its an interesting idea, seeing who can better control their pokemon's abilities, but its also really difficult to ref (and make it sound good anyway).

Silencer
14th December 2006, 02:51 PM
Give them a sign or something? like the blue meanies and the yellow culprits? But just have a tag on them or a scarf or something. It might make it easier for the ref.

Mew Master
14th December 2006, 02:58 PM
*hangs sign around Aero's neck* HELLO. MY NAME IS: AERO

Like that?

Aero: -.-*

Silencer
14th December 2006, 03:00 PM
Anyway, all my slots are full right now. So I can't fight you guys anyway. And Elec, don't think that my bulbasaur will be unevolved for long ;)

Edit:
UC, don't think I forgot about your battle, I'll work on it tomorrow. Thas been a tiring day.

Blademaster
14th December 2006, 04:08 PM
Can somebody once again sub-ref my match with Paradox?

Please... This is the only source of points I still have; I still have gifts to buy. I NEED this match done with. :(

Saffire Persian
14th December 2006, 04:41 PM
Lol, if you don't still hate me for making you find a sub-ref before, I can do it. That's up to you, though, Blademaster.

Blademaster
14th December 2006, 05:57 PM
If you can get these last two or three rounds done before New Year's, then go for it, Saffire.

I mean, geez... It's me versus Master of Paradox... I can't imagine why we can't seem to keep a ref... :sweat:

Weasel Overlord
15th December 2006, 04:14 AM
I've had a same pokemon battle! Unfortunately, Spike went AWOL, so my Vulpix didn't get to kick the arse of his good and properly ><

Vulpixes are good... ^_^

But yeah! Same poke battles are cool. It makes you think more about strategies, you can't rely on the opponant not having the same awesome moves as you do, lol.

Silencer
16th December 2006, 08:41 AM
Can you guys still post images? Mine seem to have dissepeared...

the code is
[*IMG*]lindk[*/IMG*]

without the * right?

I'm using veekun as my source

Perhaps they stopped people from linking to their images since they no longer seem to work on my angelfire website either.

DAMNIT

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th December 2006, 09:34 AM
Same problem. Or prehaps Vee has enough of we posting his images without premission.

Negrek
16th December 2006, 09:44 PM
No, he's just been having problems with his server lately; he's thinking about switching if things don't improve, I believe.

Although I highly doubt he appreciates people stealing his bandwidth all the time.

Silencer
22nd December 2006, 08:19 AM
Yeay, finally the holidays are upon us. So what are you guys planning?

Mew Master
22nd December 2006, 12:50 PM
My GF's been here since last Thursday, however she's leaving to go back home tomorrow T_T. Other than that I suppose I'll spend my time watching movies and doing-whatever... *shrugs*

MeLoVeGhOsTs
23rd December 2006, 05:53 AM
Mostly preforming with band, spending time with GF and playing some more music at home.

Weasel Overlord
23rd December 2006, 08:22 AM
I have plans! Yay! First christmas in three years I've spent without my boyfriend *cries* But I'm off to my work's party tonight, then it's my brother's 2nd birthday on the 27th (Yay! Jelly and Ice Cream! ^_____^) and I'm off to play Warhammer 40K the day after, then on the 29th I'm climbing aboard the National Express for a 12 hour journey to Cornwall, where I'm spending a week with my best friendy, Vulpix.ck! ^_^ A busy holiday!

But is it just me, or does it not feel Cristmassy at all!? It's really bizzare...

Ultimate Charizard
23rd December 2006, 10:19 AM
But is it just me, or does it not feel Cristmassy at all!? It's really bizzare...

That happens when you get older. Dont change untill you have lots of little kids to infect you with excitement.

Silencer
23rd December 2006, 10:37 AM
In belgium it doesn't feel Xmassy at all. (MLG can probably confirm this).

Comparing last year to this one I think that the average temperature for december has risen somewhere between 5° to 10° Celsius. It hasn't even gone below 0° except for 2 or 3 days I think.

Blademaster
23rd December 2006, 05:14 PM
I know, the Christmas spirit is just kinda 'meh' this year - I guess that's what happens due to a lovely blend of getting older, global warming keeping all the snow away (sniff), and using the computer and Wii (Yes, I got one! Please add my number! :D) so much that you don't notice all the stupid Christmas specials on 24-7.

Still, I do have some plans - going to a dinner party with the family in an hour, then the traditional Christmas stuff on Monday (Yay, toys! :dance:), and after that, three weeks of sleeping in! W00t! :yes:

Ultimate Charizard
23rd December 2006, 09:40 PM
You got a Wii? Lucky sod.
Have you had a request to return it yet? I hear Nintendo had to do a recall due to some stupid gamers managed to break theyre TV screens with the controllers because the wrist strap broke, forgetting that you still had to hold on to the damn thing.
Ninty said they were gonna recall and strengthen the strap.

Negrek
23rd December 2006, 11:13 PM
I'm at my grandparents' house in Maine currently, and that's where I'll be all break. I'll add my sentiment that this year doesn't feel very Christmassy--perhaps because it's almost sixty degrees fahrenheit here.

Blademaster
24th December 2006, 01:15 AM
You got a Wii? Lucky sod.
Have you had a request to return it yet? I hear Nintendo had to do a recall due to some stupid gamers managed to break theyre TV screens with the controllers because the wrist strap broke, forgetting that you still had to hold on to the damn thing.
Ninty said they were gonna recall and strengthen the strap.

Yes, I got one.

But, GameCube games and NES/SEGA games I downloaded from the Shop Channel aside, the only game I have for the Wii itself is Wii Sports which, fun as it is, just doesn't cut it... I'm not going to really 'have' the Wii I want until Super Mario Galaxy comes out... Whenever that is. (sniff)

And yes, I've heard about the strap incidents; I'm not letting them recall my Wii! No way - It's MINE! I know how to operate my own fingers and articulate them in such a way as to be able to hold the Wii-mote without... you know... letting it go. :-/

Chris 2.1
24th December 2006, 12:27 PM
Well we've just had Premas. And Christmas is tomorrow. Premas is kinda like a pre-xmas for us on xmas eve where me, my brother and my parents each get the other 3 a gift costing only Ł5. And we eat the bacon off the turkey (since it goes all crispy) and then go out for a meal with some other family.

then tomorrow, we get all our proper presents, see more family (and gfs etc) and eat lots of turkey and chocolate. but not together.

Then work on boxing day. yipee!

Chris 2.1
31st December 2006, 07:41 PM
Topic Change!

Member of the Month

This Member of the Month is: Blademaster

This is the second time he has won the award. Blade is always insightful in the chat threads (help or hindrance) and is ready to help people with problems around the forum. He may have hung up his reffing boots but his heart is in the right place - just look at all his donations in the Xmas Tree!

Blade you get 5 points. Link here.

And I'm thinking we need a little plaque sprite for winners of MOTM :)

Silencer
1st January 2007, 01:43 PM
Gratz bladey

Also, am I the only one that has the feeling that all he does is reffing? Although I have taken a brake from reffing for the moment.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
1st January 2007, 01:49 PM
Yup, I'm here aswell. Reffings here, reffings there, I'm taking to much on my back..

Lady Vulpix
1st January 2007, 01:52 PM
*Wonders in.* Wow, an aptly titled topic!

Ok, who's here? And what do people do in this place? It seems to be more than just conversing.

Chris 2.1
1st January 2007, 02:07 PM
Its deceptive, Lady V. We talk about everything and anything.

Speaking of which check out the ASB Xmas Tree. You've a few presents there!

Lady Vulpix
1st January 2007, 03:53 PM
Me? Wow! Thanks for letting me know, I wouldn't have thought of going there since I don't celebrate Christmas. Is it fair that I should get presents, though? Not only do I not celebrate it, but I don't have anything to give in return either. I'm still new to ASB and haven't even completed a battle yet.

Silencer
1st January 2007, 04:36 PM
Don't worry about not having anything to give back. There is always next year, or perhaps the summer Xmas tree will make his return.

Also we pretty much discuss things about ASB here such as reffings but also battling and favorite pokémon, favorite arena,... It's a blast. Sadly I think we didn't suggest any name for this month.

Chris 2.1
1st January 2007, 05:49 PM
Of course you deserve it! It was a welcome gift. And it's less christmas, more 'random spend spree month'.

If you got a new Pokemon, get it approved at The Approval Tower. You need to link to the Xmas Tree in the post. For example:

I recieved an Absol from Chris 2.0

Absol [M]
nickname

And if you recieved points at the xmas tree you need to update at the bank. Since you have no points it will be easy.

Recieved 2 points [HYPERLINK]here

Old: 0
New: 2

As you can tell I'm trying to win votes for best moderator.

Silencer
1st January 2007, 06:01 PM
I'm doing it to be member of the month someday. Plus I like activity. There is nothing better then activity on a forum

We all have our reasons :)

Lady Vulpix
1st January 2007, 07:08 PM
Thank you, Chris. :)
I don't like to partake in popularity contests such as that one, but I really appreciate your help... and your gifts. And if you tell me how to contact you, I can interview you for the next E-Zine. Otherwise I'll just send you the same questions I asked Shonta, and you can answer them.

Blademaster
1st January 2007, 07:27 PM
Member of the Month again, huh? You guys seriously give me WAY too much credit... :sweat2:

Oh, well, they say to never look a gift horse in the mouth. Yoink!

(grabs points and runs to Bank)

I'llworkontheMotMplaquesoonkthnxbai...! :wave:

Lady Vulpix
2nd January 2007, 04:17 AM
True, there's nothing better than activity on a forum. Without it, all that's left is an old archive. I know I've been trying to get some activity into the AC/CC subforum of PCG, as well as 2 other forums I post in. It's a hard task. I'm glad you're achieving it here.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd January 2007, 08:36 PM
Just jumping in to be the first to say (that ive seen)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS

18 years as of now, fully legal and therefore you realise none of it is quite as much fun as it used to be.
Happy Birthday fella, and dont get too drunk (unless everyone else is buying ;))

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd January 2007, 03:20 AM
Yes, HB Chris! Make it a good one.

On another note, I made it to the finals of the January contest today. Hurray.

Not to high or drunk, since you can drive now ^^

Chris 2.1
3rd January 2007, 04:39 AM
WAHOO!

EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD! I'm excited. I got exactly 4 presents (and recalled Dudley Dursley getting about 39, sadly) and a nice wad of money. Going out for lunch, hitting the town with the lads (as in spending money-wise) THEN hitting the town with the lads (and lasses) (as in drinking a lot-wise)

:)

I'm responsible, sensible AND a good example.

Lady Vulpix
3rd January 2007, 04:43 AM
Happy Birthday, Chris! I could think of something more to say, but I'm talking to you right now.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd January 2007, 05:22 AM
I'm responsible, sensible AND a good example.

Now now, this best mod thing is going to your head ;)

Chris 2.1
3rd January 2007, 05:24 AM
I'm getting slayed in round 2. check out misc :-/

Silencer
3rd January 2007, 07:34 AM
Happy Birthday Chris.

Getting slaughtered huh? To bad, you're a great mod. Sadly I don't know a lot of other moderators so it's kind of hard to say that you're better then others :p

Lady Vulpix
3rd January 2007, 08:33 AM
Oh, come on, it's just a silly popularity contest. Odds are most voters don't even stop to think of who does a best job and just vote for those closest to them.

Andrew
3rd January 2007, 01:22 PM
True. Still, we all know the true winner is me.

Lady Vulpix
3rd January 2007, 03:22 PM
Wow, Andrew has made me laugh!

The Blue Avenger
3rd January 2007, 04:32 PM
A little late, but hey, happy birthday, Chris!

Lady Vulpix
3rd January 2007, 04:41 PM
Welcome back, Jeff! How was your trip?

It's your turn to post on our battle.

Saffire Persian
3rd January 2007, 05:16 PM
Happy Birthday! Oh, and the second round of the contest should be up tonight. ^_^

The Blue Avenger
3rd January 2007, 05:42 PM
Welcome back, Jeff! How was your trip?

It's your turn to post on our battle.

It was really fun - I've never been to Chicago before - but long. Right now I'm just very happy to be home.

And is it? I'll get on that soon.

Chris 2.1
3rd January 2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks SP! I gave you a contest promotion. You deserve it.

Negrek
3rd January 2007, 06:36 PM
Happy birthday, Chris! Enjoy yourself. ^^

Silencer
8th January 2007, 03:35 AM
Wooooooooooooow ooooow ooow oow (echo)

This place is empty. School starts again. Feeling annoyed since I had to get up before 1PM for the first time this year.

Lady Vulpix
8th January 2007, 04:27 AM
So your days have no mornings, normally? >_>

Has anyone seen Kevvaelli, by the way? He hasn't posted since December 14th.

Silencer
8th January 2007, 04:44 AM
If you'd include 3AM in the morning period my days did have those.

Lady Vulpix
10th January 2007, 03:49 PM
Now, really... Any updates on Patrick?

Andrew
10th January 2007, 06:44 PM
So like, I'm getting totally back on board TPM, what did I miss?

Blademaster
11th January 2007, 08:27 AM
Very little, Oz-man... The most active board nowadays seems to be RPG, actually...

Or maybe not. It's hard to say, but that one seems to be getting a lot of attention nowadays.

And sorry, Gabi; I haven't seen Patrick or heard from him in weeks. I hope he's OK...

Chris 2.1
13th January 2007, 02:09 PM
So the Tourney has finished. Huzzah! Now we have another one we should obviously start :p

Thoughts? Standard Tourney? Random Tourney? Let me know. I hope we can get a 16-person format. 8 is quite small, really. I think we did some kinda poll and Random was favoured; I think it would be 2nd and 3rd forms as well as most non-evolvers.

Saffire Persian
13th January 2007, 02:52 PM
I still say a random tournament would be awesome.

Negrek
13th January 2007, 03:01 PM
Random tournament ftw.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th January 2007, 07:36 PM
I say normal tournament, since I like such, but most people will vote for random tourney, so I'm guessing it'll be random.

Mew Master
13th January 2007, 08:23 PM
Um... I had a crazy idea for a new Tournament type..

Legendary.

Each participant picks 3 Legendary Pokémon to use in the tournament.

8-12 participants.

It's just an idea ^^

Andrew
13th January 2007, 09:20 PM
RANDOM TOURNAMENT! That's the way to go, true MAD SKILLZ

Blademaster
13th January 2007, 11:06 PM
No, true MAD SKILLZ would be a Caterpie/Wurmple/Weedle/Metapod/Kakuna/Cascoon/Silcoon/Magikarp/Beldum tournament. :cool::yes:

Dragonis
14th January 2007, 12:51 AM
How about a Ditto tournament? Each trainer is 'given' a Ditto (or 2 or 3) to use for the tournament, then at the begaining of each match their given a list of random pokemon that each Ditto can Transform into. Each Ditto could only Transform into a pokemon on the list and only once each (they could use an attack slot to Transform into another pokemon but only if theres an open pokemon on the list).
It would be just like a random tournament, but with another level of challange.

Andrew
14th January 2007, 01:30 AM
Blade I have already had a Whynut/Wobuffet, Caterpie/Metapod, Magikarp showdown. It was boring.

Vermillion
14th January 2007, 07:51 PM
Any Tourney is Gravy to me, I have a mess load of new fighting types to test out...

Mega Horny
16th January 2007, 03:05 PM
Greetings.

Elec Man EXE
17th January 2007, 04:45 PM
^ Why, hullo thar! ^

So... an auction thing for RL's pokemon. Crap, I need more points now.

On that same note... what's going to happen with the Gym Leader situation now? A new one going to be picked, or we just going to stick with 5?

Chris 2.1
17th January 2007, 04:51 PM
I think we might look at replacing him soon. Aragornbird is also quite absent so we might see about getting two more. You'll be informed as it happens.

Chris 2.1
18th January 2007, 10:01 AM
Query to you all:

The Razor Leaf Auction, which would raise points for the Tournament Prize is being considered as an auction for all - so if you want to put a Pokemon up for someone else to buy then we might do it for everyone.

If you have any thoughts on this let me know.

The Blue Avenger
18th January 2007, 10:40 AM
I'd like that, actually. I've got a Pokemon I can't ever see myself using...

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th January 2007, 10:56 AM
Thought eh? Well for an auction. With different time zones and all this can be a problem, so my first idea is just putting them, with minimum prices (like say 1 for basic pokemon, 3 for evolved, yadayada) and then let it open for a week or so. So people can reply fluently and overbid eachother.

Maybe, two weeks. Iono. Just my two cents.

Chris 2.1
18th January 2007, 11:02 AM
I imagine the set-up to be like this:

Pokemon for Bid:

Charizard - Current bid: 4 points
Elekid - Current bid: 1 point
Phanpy - Current bid: 1 point
Castform - Current bid: 2 points
Magmar - Current bid: 3 points
Tentacruel - Current bid: 5 points

And then someone posts:

"I'll raise Charizard 2 points"

"I'll raise Phanpy 1 point"

etc

And then I update it:

Charizard - Current bid: 6 points by Chris 2.0
Elekid - Current bid: 1 point by Silencer
Phanpy - Current bid: 2 point
Magikarp - Current bid: 9 points By UuberFred
Castform - Current bid: 2 points
Magmar - Current bid: 3 points
Tentacruel - Current bid: 5 points

Bid will end in 2 days

And then whoever has the current bid at the end of the auction gets it.

And the

Elec Man EXE
18th January 2007, 11:10 AM
Uuber is paying 9 points for a karp, what a loser :D

Sounds like a plan to me Chris. Both the general auction for everyone, and the way its gonna run.

But... your not getting any of mine! *grabs balls (pokeballs... gutter minds!) and runs*

Silencer
18th January 2007, 12:28 PM
I'm getting recognition :D but I wouldn't bid on elekid, I got a buzz already :p

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th January 2007, 01:02 PM
Yup, exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe, I should put one of mine up for auction..

Mega Horny
25th January 2007, 02:40 AM
too bad I wont have many points to auction, seeing as none of my battles ever seem to get reffed. *shrug* otherwise, its a great idea.

Phoenixsong
25th January 2007, 03:11 PM
Sounds like a plan to me... a sort of "Razor Leaf Memorial eBay-mathinger". I'd be all ecstatic about it and everything if I wasn't broke and attached to my team. I do have a question, though... what about the money from Razor's bank account and the money gained from the auction? Where does all of that go?

Chris 2.1
25th January 2007, 03:17 PM
All proceeds will be offered as the Random Tournament prize. That means we will get a LOT.

Saffire Persian
25th January 2007, 04:37 PM
If we're going to have to many [speculated] points, maybe there could be small prizes for everyone who participates? Like.. 1 pt prize for the losers of the first round, etc?

It depends on how many we get. o.o

The Blue Avenger
25th January 2007, 04:48 PM
That's certainly something to think about. But, as you said, it depends on the turnout. Don't worry, though; we will get everything sorted in a way that will please people. Except possibly Andrew.

Silencer
29th January 2007, 04:09 PM
QUICKLY, shout some names!!!

uuum DISTURBED DUNSPARSE

<_<
>_>

what?

anyway, I'll start reffing again on friday for anyone that couldn't find a subref

Mega Horny
29th January 2007, 06:42 PM
All I can think of are songs, such as, "I bayleef I can Flygon." or "Rhydon Dirty"

-_-

How about "Running with Scizors" or something?

Pichu Luver
29th January 2007, 07:47 PM
LOL MH. I'll admit it took me a bit to figure out the Flygon one. ^^''' So um, names,

The Barmy Bagon?

*snicker*

What? Anything that willingly launches itself off cliffs IS a complete nutter in my opinion . . . There's dreaming of something, and then there's jumping off cliffs. There might be a step in between where you stop and think, 'Oh, wait, bugger that and hand me a parachute.' Oo'' Could just be me though.

Mega Horny
29th January 2007, 08:04 PM
Sorry for being American, but what does Barmy mean?

Charles Legend
29th January 2007, 10:13 PM
"I can Flygon" is a good name for febarary, the Munching Minchlax is a good one for march and the Chatting Chatot for Aprail...

well its just a thought...

~Charles Legend

The Blue Avenger
29th January 2007, 10:21 PM
Uhm... "Burger Kingdra," maybe?

Blademaster
29th January 2007, 10:30 PM
How about Taco Bellsprout?

Burger Kingler?

How about a Pokemonese reference? Long John Silverhorns'?

Anyone? Anyone??

Phoenixsong
29th January 2007, 11:28 PM
Oh, is it time for a new name? B&N Bookstore and Café; instead of Barnes and Noble, let B&N stand for something else.

Blastoise & Nidoking?
Bagon & Numel?

I don't know, I'm just rambling. Ignore me, please, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Pichu Luver
30th January 2007, 06:04 AM
No worries MH *points* I live in Canada but watch a lot of British shows, so I'm borrowing words. It means strange, eccentric, or slightly crazy. Bagon in a box I think, lol.

Lady Vulpix
30th January 2007, 06:33 AM
Cool. We learn something new everyday. One of the things I like about talking to people from different countries.

Chris 2.1
30th January 2007, 10:59 AM
Omgz0rr I <3 Taco Bellsprout and Burger Kingler/Kingdra!!!11one

Sorry I became slight giddy.

Chris 2.1
30th January 2007, 12:53 PM
Anybody able to judge the February Contest?

Pichu Luver
30th January 2007, 12:53 PM
ARGH!!! *conniption fit is ensuing and much huffing and flailing* Ok, is anyone else in Eastern Canada(or hey maybe US) having power blackouts/surges? I just had TWO in the span of 5 minutes. The last was at 1:45pm the on JUST before that at 1:41pm. We had one at 6:20 am here. That had been confirmed as a surge.
They are very short, no more then 5 seconds. A transformer blew because of the surge/caused the surge this morning. I'm to thinking the transformer blew because of it. Something is going ka-blookie somewhere --'''''''''''''''. So anyone else? I'm at work and thankfully had just finished something so I didn't loose anything but I am getting ANNOYED! *not to mention it isn't good for the comps* ARGH!

Edit: Just to note the one this morning effected Toronto, to St. Catherines up to Parry Sound and that whole area of Ontario. Our clocks didn't even stop this morning(at my house) but now is f-ing everything up.

Heh, my apologies for the irritatedness but I think anyone would wonder what's going on.

Mega Horny
30th January 2007, 01:00 PM
I could try and ref the february contest, if thats ok. I am an approved Rookie ref, and the only way to improve is to try it out, yeah?

Chris 2.1
30th January 2007, 01:16 PM
You'd need to be approved as a Contest Judge. Speaking of which I'm sure you used to be approved....I wonder what happened there. Anyway try the mock contest (on the first page of the Reffing Tower) and I'll see how you fare up.

Mega Horny
30th January 2007, 01:20 PM
Why am I not approved any more? Heh, im not going to go through the whole mock contest thing again if I have to, thats always torturous for me. If i can't ref, then forget about it :P

Chris 2.1
30th January 2007, 01:27 PM
I'm sure you were removed because you dissapeared for a while and you had not judged a contest so I was at odds at determining if you were good enough to stay as an approved judge.

Can anybody else do it?

Pichu Luver
30th January 2007, 01:41 PM
*ponders* Um Chris if you get no one else I'll do it, barring approvement of course. I'll probably have the mock up by 8 pm tonight. Up to you though.