PDA

View Full Version : AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Chris 2.1
4th November 2006, 05:58 AM
Ok so I made a banner of my team for ASB. I literally put all their sprites onto paint, moved them around and saved it. Every time I host it on imageshack it appears tiny, like, miniscule size. I click on the resize option but that never really seems to do anything.

Am I an idiot? Can anybody point me in the right direction to (a) host it correctly or (b) externally corrupt imageshack?

I've attached the banner.

edit: *dies*
The file is too large

*proceeds to tear hair out*

mr_pikachu
4th November 2006, 06:15 AM
Well, for one thing, you probably don't want to resize it. If it's too big to be attached here, it's probably larger than the standard "resize" size.

On the other hand, since you can't attach it here, it's likely bigger than 1.5 MB... you can't submit images bigger than that to ImageShack without problems. So you'll need to find another host, I guess. Or corrupt ImageShack.

I'll see if I can find a better free image host and edit it into this post.

Blademaster
4th November 2006, 01:34 PM
If you're using Paint, try the Stretch/Skew option, under where it says 'Image.' That's how I make my FanArt Mario sprites bigger and it seems to work OK.

mistysakura
5th November 2006, 02:46 AM
Maybe because the file so was too big, ImageShack decided to resize it so it was under their size requirements, and it ended up being minuscule. What format did you save it under? Maybe if you used a different file type, it would be smaller (file size-wise, that is, not area-wise.)

Chris
5th November 2006, 12:27 PM
Stupid question, but did you tell Imageshack to automatically resize it when you uploaded it? The option is available. What are the original dimensions of the image?

Chris 2.1
6th November 2006, 01:47 PM
Umm so:

It's 664 x 172
Bitmap Image
334KB

Chris: I did try unchecking it, yea. I'll try again for kicks.

Silencer
6th November 2006, 03:32 PM
Perhaps you can host on photobucket? I use it and don't have any probs with it

Blademaster
6th November 2006, 05:26 PM
Perhaps you can host on photobucket? I use it and don't have any probs with it

Same here.

Chris 2.1
7th November 2006, 04:45 PM
IT WORKED!

Thanks all.