PDA

View Full Version : GAME: Pokémon Hangman v.52 (MA) + ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Pages : [1] 2

Number1ChanseyFan
6th November 2006, 09:37 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ok this really isn't important and doesn't have anything at all to do with Hangman, but... today is my 6 Year TPM registration anniversary!! Yay, go me!! ^_^

ANNOUNCEMENT: mr_pikachu has created a Pokémon randomizer that will help you pick a Pokémon when it is your turn to post a puzzle. This will help make sure that every Pokémon will have an equal opportunity of coming up. Here is the link to it: The Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer (http://pokemon-randomizer.greatnow.com/randomizer.html)

ANNOUNCEMENT: Randomizer Update! If you select an Unown plushie using the Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer, it will also name what Unown form has been selected in parentheses, like "UNOWN (A)." Don't include this extra letter (or symbol) in the puzzle, however. Just tell the winner what the form is when you award the plushie!

Pokémon Hangman v.52
Little_Pikachu approved :025:

Game Founder / Rules Creator: Jay
Rules Editor For This Version: Christen (Number1ChanseyFan)
Hosts: mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, shinypkmnchaser

I'm sure we've all played hangman when you're bored, or at least heard of it. Pokemon Hangman was first created by Mist who is associated with the Charmander Central Club in giving out "plushies" as prizes for people who guessed correctly. People began big collections of these "plushies" when this game was first introduced to PCG, and I hope that people will extend their big collections, or even start them, today.

Rules
Newest rules in Light Yellow

The rules of Hangman are fairly straight-forward. If you don't know them, then watch a few people post and we're sure you'll get the hang of it. *sigh*

But we do have specific rules that we need to follow to make the game slightly trickier. You may only post a maximum of THREE single letter guesses per person before you must guess the name of the Pokemon. This rule is subject to change. But for now it's THREE and only THREE single letter guesses per person, per round. This shouldn't be too hard to follow. If you notice someone that has made more than three single letter guesses then you should be smart and tell them so. :rolleyes:

When someone guesses the word correctly it is their turn to think of a Pokemon for others to guess. Please make sure you don't mess up for other people's sake - Double check to see if a letter is present in the Pokemon's name you're doing before you post to avoid mistakes. Also, if it's your turn, try and pick a Pokemon that hasn't already been done. You don't need to always pick evolved forms. The rarity of each plushie should remain the same so we have a nice mix. You may only win a maximum of three plushies per day - This is to prevent a certain group of people called plushie hogs grabbing all the stuff every second turn. (Each person’s “day” depends on the time listed in their forum profile. Each new day begins at midnight.)

If you win three plushies you may still play, however if you win after you've exceeded the limit you must either A) Give the plushie to someone else who is less fortunate or B) Do not take the plushie as a prize. Just make sure everyone has a fair go too!

Legendaries can be won here, but only a worker may give them out. Anyone else may not. If this were possible we'd have legendaries popping up everywhere, and they deserve a rarity. Specialized plushies may also be won here, like a Shiny Claydol, or a Pikachu with a Blue Scarf... the list continues, and only the workers may give them out. You won't know if you've won one of these very rare plushies until you win the plushie.

The only pokemon that aren't allowed to be done by the players here are: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios and Latias. All others are fine. Oh, and please don't do any Pokemon from the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games yet, either.

You are allowed a maximum of NINE incorrect guesses before it's Game Over, not per person, that includes everyone's incorrect guesses. Usually people guess the name before the nine incorrect guesses so don't worry. If no one guesses the Pokemon correctly by the quota then no one receives a plushie, and one of the workers must do the next puzzle. You don't get two turns in a row at it. You may only post one guess until the person posts an update of the current Pokemon.

Try and not be too idle, the workers would like the game to be fast moving. If you guess the Pokemon correctly and then you're going to be away for 2 weeks then don't wait until you get back because you'll most likely forget about the game. Give someone else a turn.

Right now, an incorrect letter is counted as 1 incorrect guess and incorrect Pokemon are also counted as 2 incorrect guesses. This is also subject to change later on to improve/decrease the difficulty, if any of the workers think it's needed.

Absolutely no editing your guess at the name or a letter. If you plan to edit your post and notice a late spelling mistake and want to change it then specify so. Don't use this as an excuse to change your guess because you might have someone who witnessed you with your previous guess. You'll be in big trouble then.

If it is your turn to post a puzzle, you have 24 hours to post or update the puzzle. In the case of updating, this applies to four situations:

1. When someone makes a letter guess, and it is in (or not in) the puzzle (this also applies to letter guesses in advance).

2. When someone makes a Pokemon guess, and it is wrong/right

3. When so many guesses are made that the man might hang (this also applies to letter guesses in advance as well)

4. When you have yet to post after winning a plushie

If you don't post 24 hours after any situation above, you will lose your turn, and one of the workers will start the next puzzle. (note: the 24 hour rule doesn't apply to the workers).

If you make an incorrect Pokemon guess by accident, you aren't allowed to delete it and make a new guess before the person whose turn it is updates.

When you are guessing the name of a Pokemon on anyone else's turn, you must spell the Pokemon correctly in order to win a plushie of that Pokemon. Example of this rule in action: Let's say someone guessed "Picachu" as their answer to a puzzle, and then another person afterword guesses "Pikachu", if the puzzle is indeed Pikachu, the person who posted second would get the plushie, since the first person spelt it wrong. So please try and avoid making this mistake every time you guess a Pokemon. As for a counter-example, if the man is close to hanging, a correct guess for the Pokemon that is spelled incorrectly will unfortunately make the man hang if there are 1 or 2 guesses remaining, so be careful about this.

Also, if it's your birthday, you're more than welcome to pick any plushie you want for your birthday (excluding legendaries and D/P Pokemon), however, you cannot pick a shiny plushie, as they are obviously rarer than legendaries. When it is your birthday, just post here saying what regular coloured, non-legendary plushie you want (again, you cannot choose a D/P Pokemon either until D/P are released here in North America), and one of the workers will give you your plushie on their next post.

Plushies

What is a Plushie?

Plushies are soft toys. In this game, if you guess a Pokemon correctly you receive a soft toy of the Pokemon you guessed correctly.

What do I do with a Plushie?

Umm... look at them? They aren't really used for anything, mainly just a fun collecting sort of thing. That's all. Maybe one day they might be used for something, but that's a doubtful possibility. If you have a site it might be wise to put them on there to keep track of what you have. Or keep them on a word document.

I don't like my plushie! Can I trade with someone else?

Yes, you may as long as the other person agrees. If they don't want to trade with you then you should respect that. There are many others that may want to trade. Since this game was created long ago some people may already have a decent amount of plushies they might like to trade. You could try sending a PM/IM to one of them if you would like to trade or ask for a list of their plushies. Most people who play Expedia have plushies, so try trading with one of them, or you could start playing the game to extend your collection a different way.

Can I sell my plushies? Or buy one off someone?

No, you may not sell your plushies for CCPs or Stamps.

How many plushies am I allowed to own?

As many as you can win here. Just remember you can only win a maximum of three every day!

Final Words

ONLY post the names of Pokemon. No dictionary words! That is if you haven't been bothered to read the rules, which I recommend reading. There are well over 300 Pokemon to choose from so good luck! (And again, please don’t do any Pokemon from the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games yet.)

If there's something you don't understand then ask mr_pikachu, shinypkmnchaser, or me - we bite but we'll still help. Or maybe someone else can help. Have fun! Your hosts and hostess- mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, shinypkmnchaser

The man has been hung a total of thirty-three times
Hangman makes up approximately 1/5 of the total posts in PCG since last year; considering this game began in very late April

[color=magenta]Louis, it is your turn to post the next puzzle!! Good luck everybody!!

mr_pikachu
6th November 2006, 09:43 PM
I'll take an R in advance, Louis.

And congrats on 6 years, Christen! I figured you wouldn't dare miss this day. ^_^

Inferno_Dragon
6th November 2006, 09:50 PM
I will take an E in advance.

Number1ChanseyFan
6th November 2006, 09:59 PM
congrats on 6 years, Christen! I figured you wouldn't dare miss this day. ^_^
[color=magenta]Thanks!! Meh, it is hard to believe I have been here so long!! I wish I could find my first post here on archive.org. XD It would have been one of the few that I made here that wasn't in magenta font!!

Oh, BTW I will take a C in advance!!

Shadow Wolf
7th November 2006, 04:31 AM
[color=magenta]ANNOUNCEMENT: Ok this really isn't important and doesn't have anything at all to do with Hangman, but... today is my 6 Year TPM registration anniversary!! Yay, go me!! ^_^

Congratulations Christen, I hope that you stay around TPM for many years to come(I hope that I'm saying this well). ^_^

OK, time for a new puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: R,E,C

Remaining: 6

Blademaster
7th November 2006, 06:32 PM
W00t for Christen.

And T for me.

:D

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 08:44 PM
Is there an A in the puzzle?

Shadow Wolf
7th November 2006, 08:49 PM
Balancing the guesses...

_ _ A _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: R,E,C,T

Remaining: 5

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 08:52 PM
Is there an S in the puzzle?

Shadow Wolf
7th November 2006, 08:55 PM
Yep, at the beginning...

S _ A _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: R,E,C,T

Remaining: 5

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 08:56 PM
Is it Swablu?

Shadow Wolf
7th November 2006, 08:57 PM
You got it right Inferno, congratulations!

*hands over the Swablu plushie*

S in advance please

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 09:27 PM
Another plushie to my collection and sorry there is no S in this puzzle.

_ _ _ _ _ (5)

Incorrect Guesses: S
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 8

Blademaster
7th November 2006, 09:28 PM
How about an A?

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 09:29 PM
Nope, there isn't an A in this puzzle.

_ _ _ _ _ (5)

Incorrect Guesses: S,A
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 7

Blademaster
7th November 2006, 10:10 PM
How about an I?

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 10:12 PM
Nope, there isn't an I in this puzzle either.Nope, there isn't an A in this puzzle.

_ _ _ _ _ (5)

Incorrect Guesses: S,A,I
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 6

Blademaster
7th November 2006, 10:22 PM
Don't repeat yourself, ID - it's a sign of mental problems.

Is this a Doduo?

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 10:27 PM
Are you saying that you have some sort of mental problem, Blademaster. If you do, then you need some psychological help soon.

And no the answer isn't Doduo.

_ _ _ _ _ (5)

Incorrect Guesses: S,A,I,Doduo
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 4

Blademaster
7th November 2006, 10:34 PM
Great, just what TPM needs: another mr_pikachu...

This could be Unown...

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 10:36 PM
I'll ignore that comment. Pick your battles, y'know?

Let's try an L.

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 10:38 PM
Wait, what do you mean by that statement?

And no, this isn't Unown either and there is no L in this puzzle.

Careful or you will hang this guy.

_ _ _ _ _ (5)

Incorrect Guesses: S,A,I,Doduo,Unown, L
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 1

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 10:41 PM
Oh, hell. It's a complete toss-up and there's no way to guess a safe letter that would be in both puzzles.

Time to take a stab and pray. Is it Eevee?

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 10:46 PM
YES, YES, YES

... sorry but I hoped that no one would hang this puzzle. If some had guessed the Letter E early, this puzzle wouldn't be on its very threads but you really can't trust vowels most of the time .. so whatever.

Here is your Eevee plushie ... the first multi-chain evolution pokemon before Poliwhirl evolved into Politoed and Gloom evolved into Bellossom. Plus the first Pokemon palindrome.

And I would like an A in advance.

Blademaster
7th November 2006, 10:48 PM
EDIT: ...Just... Never mind. :sweat:

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 10:56 PM
Whew! *wipes brow* That was a close one! Thanks, Inferno. That's my second Eevee, so it's up for trade!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: A

Good luck!

P.S. Here's my current trade list.

Corsola
Cubone
Delcatty
Dewgong
Dustox
Eevee
Exeggcute
Gligar
Graveler
Gyarados (2)
Hoppip
Igglybuff
Lapras (2)
Lickitung
Mankey
Piloswine
Qwilfish
Remoraid
Sentret
Skitty
Smoochum
Snubbull
Squirtle
Taillow
Togetic
Ursaring
Venomoth
Zigzagoon

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 10:59 PM
Is there an E in that puzzle?

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 11:08 PM
I'm out of good letter-at-the-end-of-the-puzzle comments that aren't derogatory.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ E (8)

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 11:10 PM
Is there an I in the puzzle?

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 11:14 PM
Bingo!

_ _ _ _ _ I _ E (8)

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 11:17 PM
Is it Quagsire?

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 11:25 PM
'fraid not.

_ _ _ _ _ I _ E (8)

Incorrect Guesses: A, Quagsire

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 11:26 PM
Is it Totodile?

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 11:32 PM
Correct! The water croc is yours, Inferno!

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 11:38 PM
Yes, my first starter pokemon Plushie.

Here is the next puzzle;

_ _ _ _ _ (5)

Incorrect Guesses: 0
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 9

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 11:42 PM
Hmm... let's start with an atypical N.

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 11:46 PM
Nope, no N.

_ _ _ _ _ (5)

Incorrect Guesses: N

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 11:49 PM
Well, let's try an O.

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 11:50 PM
Nope, no O either.

_ _ _ _ _ (5)

Incorrect Guesses: N,O

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 11:54 PM
Dang it. Well, there's no other logical choice here... is there an A?

Inferno_Dragon
7th November 2006, 11:57 PM
Yes, there is a A in this puzzle. Well actually there are two As.

_ A _ A _ (5)

Incorrect Guesses: N,O

mr_pikachu
7th November 2006, 11:58 PM
Ah, so this is a Paras?

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 12:00 AM
Yes, it is Paras. A little fact that Paras was the first Pokemon to appear on the First Pokemon Episode (The Problem With Paras) that Premiered on WB.

Here is your Paras Plushie.

And that's all for me.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 12:04 AM
Ah, thank you, Inferno! That's another new plushie for the collection!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: N/A

Good luck!

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 01:36 AM
t3H bL4D3 W4NTZ0R5 4N 0 KTHNXB41!!!!!1111!!1!!!11!0N30N30N33L3V3N0N3HUNDR3 D3L3V3N

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 01:41 AM
...Sorry, but there's no "0" in any Pokemon's name. So I can't really count that guess.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 02:07 AM
WHAT!? You overly-analytical little... :mad:

OK, Judge, is there a frickin' O then!?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 02:11 AM
I tried to subtly warn you...

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: O

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 02:14 AM

I'd say I hate you, but you're too damn likeable. Bastard... :grumble:

Is there an E then?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 02:15 AM
I try my best. Same to you, my friendly rival! ^_^

_ E _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: O

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 02:25 AM
I'm everyone's rival - I'm like that dog who tears up all your crap and then looks at you with those big shiny eyes: You wanna hate me, but you just love me too damn much! :D

Now, I have one letter left to guess...

How about an S?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 02:26 AM
It's a shame to follow such a great speech with such a misguided guess.

_ E _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: O, S

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 02:38 AM

One long sentence is the equivalent of a speech? I wish my Public Speaking class was that easy... :sweat:

OK, there's probably about 80 guesses that fit here, so...

Let's get started. :cool:

Is this the ghastly, gutsy, and yet still somewhat goofy Gengar?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 02:49 AM
Skill is unnecessary when one has luck. The Gengar is yours, Blademaster! ;)

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 02:56 AM

Really?

Seriously?

Honest?

Sweet!

(grabs plushie; hand goes right through it)

WTF...?

...OK, well, while I try and figure this out, here's a new puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: French toast
Left: i07734 (http://www.ifyouclickedthisyouarearetard.com)

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 02:58 AM
*stares at link*

Must... cliiiiiiiick...

*looks longingly*

While I struggle with self-restraint issues, can I have an R?

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 03:05 AM
Be strong, Bri!

...Or just click it. Either way, the world isn't gonna change.

(something somewhere explodes because he said that)

...Yep... Nooooothing's gonna change...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: R
Left: 8

i07734 (http://www.ifyouclickedthisyouarearetard.com)

"Briiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaan... Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaan..."

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 03:09 AM
Nyehhhh... must... resist...

I-I-I'll take an M, p-p-p-please...

*shakes violently*

EDIT: Fixed a b-b-b-bold tag.

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 03:16 AM
(is oblivious)

Huh? M? No, I'm sorry, we're all out.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: M, R
Left: 7

Yep, all out. But we do have a surplus of these laying around. Here, it's on the house.

(hands over a i07734 (http://www.ifyouclickedthisyouarearetard.com))

"What's wroooooong, Briiiiiaaaan? Don't you looooove meeee? Yooouuu can't be the 'judge of everything' if you don't click eeeeverythiiiiiing..."

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 03:21 AM
A-a-a-a-all one needs to j-j-judge is to have proper l-l-logic! And m-m-my logic tells me that c-c-clicking that link w-would be unwise!

L-l-l-lets try an O.

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 03:27 AM
Now we're making progress!

_ O _ O _ _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: M, R
Left: 7

i07734 (http://www.ifyouclickedthisyouarearetard.com): "Briiiiaaaaan... You cannot resiiiiiist me... even if you don't click me heeeere, I'll be back...

...In Fanfiction! Yooouuu cannot escape meeeeeee! Gweh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh!!!"

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 03:29 AM
I-I-I-I think this is a To-To-To-Totodile.

(My guess is Totodile, not To-To-To-Totodile. Just to be c-c-c-clear.)

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 03:34 AM
Totodile?

Mmmmmmmmmm... YES!

(pumps fist so hard he accidenally hits the link and sends it flying)

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"

TWING!

Eh...?

(looks; sees nothing)

Uh, OK...

Anyways, nice deduction there, Bri. A Totodile is yours!

(Totodile plushie rolls out of Randomizer)

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 03:45 AM
Ah, thank you, Blademaster! That's my second Totodile, so it's up for trade.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 03:48 AM
Hey, let's see...

*clicks on the link*

Ifyouclickthisyouareretard

Cool man! :yes:

Now, can I have an S?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 03:49 AM
No.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 03:51 AM
...OK, how about an R?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 03:58 AM
Bluntness is all the rage.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, R

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 04:02 AM
.........hmm, OK, this time, I'll try an O.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 04:04 AM
And you'll miss once more.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, R, O

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 01:22 PM
How about a T?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 05:41 PM
Right in the kisser!

_ _ _ T _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, R, O

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 05:56 PM
OK, this one could be a Miltank...

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 06:02 PM
It could be, and it is! The Miltank is yours, Louis! Well played.

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks mr_pikachu, this plushie is new to the collection.

*looks at the plushie*

You were kinda hard to win, you know!

*puts plushie in the showroom*

OK, new puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: none

Remaining: 9

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 06:14 PM
I'll have to go with the usual R here.

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 06:17 PM
And I'll go with the unusual, but cool answer...
Yes!

_ R _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 06:19 PM
Two questions:

1. Why does Lou get a whole ****ing showroom and all I get is a sucky little shelf?

2. Is there an O here?

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 06:31 PM
1-Well, I did have a shelf before, but with so many plushies, I needed something new...
How did I got it? Well, that's a secret! ;)

2-No!

_ R _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: O

Remaining: 8

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 06:35 PM
I will try a D.

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 06:38 PM
Wise choice sir!

_ R _ D _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: O

(I could say it again, but I feel too lazy to repeat myself...)

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 06:47 PM
Ah, is this a Cradily?

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 06:48 PM
Yes it is, congratulations mr_pikachu!

*hands over the Cradily plushie*

S in advance please.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 06:54 PM
Ah, thank you, Louis! That's another new plushie for my collection!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ S _ (8)

Good luck!

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 07:14 PM
Is there an E in the puzzle?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 07:15 PM
Filling it in backwards, I see.

_ _ _ _ _ _ S E (8)

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 07:17 PM
Is it Zangoose?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 07:22 PM
C'mon, you can do better than that.

_ _ _ _ _ _ S E (8)

Incorrect Guesses: Zangoose

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 07:22 PM

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 07:26 PM
This would have helped to prevent the earlier error.

_ _ _ _ _ _ S E (8)

Incorrect Guesses: Zangoose, A

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 07:30 PM

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 07:34 PM
A good last letter guess for you.

I _ _ _ _ I S E (8)

Incorrect Guesses: Zangoose, A

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 07:34 PM
Is it Illumise?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 07:38 PM
That's the one! The Illumise is yours, Inferno!

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 07:41 PM
I knew it had to be either this one or Zangoose since they were the only names that ended in SE and were 8 Letters Long.

Here is the puzzle;

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: 0

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 07:46 PM
Let's start with an R.

P.S. ...I just checked, and that was my third plushie of the day, much to my chagrin. It's thanks to Blademaster, who posted to confirm my guess of Paras nine seconds after midnight.

I could scream.

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 07:48 PM
That's okay, at least you might help someone get another plushie. But in this turn, you can't.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 07:53 PM
Hmm. What about an I?

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 07:54 PM
Nope, there isn't an I in this puzzle.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R,I

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 07:59 PM
Erk. Okay, let's try... an L.

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 08:01 PM
Finally, a letter enters the puzzle.

_ _ _ _ L _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R,I

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 08:11 PM
P.S. ...I just checked, and that was my third plushie of the day, much to my chagrin. It's thanks to Blademaster, who posted to confirm my guess of Paras nine seconds after midnight.

I could scream.

Mwahahahahahahaha - my plan worked perfectly! :evil:

Now, is there an E?

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 08:14 PM
Your plan might have worked perfectly, but I am sorry to say that there is no E in this puzzle.

_ _ _ _ L _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R,I,E

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 08:28 PM
I bet that there's an S on this one.

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 08:28 PM
OK...

How about a T?

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 08:29 PM
You'd bet right, there is a S. But there isn't a T.

S _ _ _ L _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R,I,E,T
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 5

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 08:29 PM
That one must be a Swablu.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty sure Louis has it, so I'll take an R in advance.

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 08:33 PM
Yes, it is. Here is your Swablu plushie.

And I will take an E in advance.

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks Inferno, this plushie is new to me!

OK, here we go!

_ _ _ _ _ E( 6 )

Incorrect: R

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 08:38 PM

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 08:39 PM
Izzere a T?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 08:39 PM
I think an L may help.

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 08:41 PM
OK, so there is, and there isn't, and it will help!

_ A _ _ L E( 6 )

Incorrect: R,T

Remaining: 7

(So, who's gonna post first?)

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 08:42 PM
I am! By guessing an M!

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 08:43 PM
Nice guess!

M A _ _ L E( 6 )

Incorrect: R,T

Remaining: 7

(How hard can it be?)

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 08:44 PM
Is it Mawile?

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I think it's time to deliver a predictable advance guess of R.

So, how's that plan working out for you, Blade? Are you reaping the rewards with me out of the picture?

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 08:48 PM
Quite right Inferno, congratulations!

*hands over the Mawile plushie*

Careful with its teeth(well, horns)

S in advance please.

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 08:55 PM
Mawile, Wobbufet and Girafarig were some of the strangest pokemon because you couldn't tell which part was which.

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 08:57 PM
Next letter Up...

the letter N.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 08:58 PM
Christen's favorite letter may help. Let's try a C!

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 08:59 PM
Sorry, no N or C in this puzzle.

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: S,N,C

Shadow Wolf
8th November 2006, 09:00 PM
OK, I got to go, but before I go, I'm going to guess Graveler.

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 09:01 PM
Sorry, it isn't Graveler.

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: S,N,C,Graveler

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 09:04 PM
Graveler has an extra R...

Let's go for a couple of Ps.

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 09:07 PM
I knew that.

P R _ _ _ _ P _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: S,N,C,Graveler

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 09:35 PM
So, how's that plan working out for you, Blade? Are you reaping the rewards with me out of the picture?

Nuuh... Sorry, Bri; I got more pressing concerns right now...

I'm such an idiot...

And this is Primeape.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 09:39 PM
Hooray for R in advance!

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 09:39 PM
Yes, it is. You get the Punchy Pokemon, Primeape. Try saying Punchy Pokemon, Primeape 10 times fast.

Here is your plushie and I would like an E in advance.

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 09:42 PM

K.

_ R _ _ _ _ _ E [8]

Wrong: ~
Left: ~

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 09:44 PM

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 09:44 PM
I'll take some Ns, please.

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 09:45 PM
A R _ A N _ N E [8]

Wrong: ~
Left: ~

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 09:46 PM
Is it Arcanine?

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 09:47 PM
Yep.

I need a break.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 09:51 PM
And I need an R!

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 09:52 PM
My third pokemon of the day and my 50th Plushie (if you count the double pokemon plushies.)

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 09:57 PM
Congratulations, Inferno!

Let's try an L.

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks, and here is your complementary L.

_ _ L _ _ _ (6)

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 10:00 PM
Let's go for something different. Is there a U here?

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 10:01 PM
That is different and it succeeded.

_ U L _ _ _ (6)

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 10:47 PM
Who's that Pokemon?

It's Vulpix!

Inferno_Dragon
8th November 2006, 10:50 PM
Yes, it is. Here is your Vulpix. And my turn is over in this game until tomorrow.

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 10:54 PM
Thanx, ID!

(puts plushie up on shelf)

Aaaaaaaand that's my last plushie for today, but a new day is starting in 5 minutes, so... :D

Next!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Wrong: Carpet
Left: Grapefruit

And BTW, while I was looking back to see if I exceeded my limit today, I noticed something:

Bri, I didn't give you your plushie 9 seconds too late - ID did. Kthnxbai.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2006, 11:14 PM
Well, yes. Except, uh, you... used his account. By proxy.

And if you didn't, then he was thinking of you. Actually, you were controlling his mind.

Yeah.

Give me an R and don't try your Jedi mind tricks on me.

Blademaster
8th November 2006, 11:57 PM
Yes, it is Paras. A little fact that Paras was the first Pokemon to appear on the First Pokemon Episode (The Problem With Paras) that Premiered on WB.

Here is your Paras Plushie.

And that's all for me.

The Quote button doesn't lie.

And neither do I - there's no R, Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan, and Bob Barker is a robot.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 12:01 AM
Your Jedi mind tricks will not work on me!

So give me an N.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 12:15 AM
You cannot resist my Jedi mind tricks because my Jedi mind tricks do not exist. That which does not exist does not work, but that which does not work can indeed exist. However, N does work here and thusly must exist, and yet it does not, which creates a paradox. And the paradox exists, though it does no actual work, resulting in it not working and yet existing, thus confirming my statement. So therefore, my Jedi mind tricks may not work, but that is because they do exist - and consequently, they do not exist. And if they do not exist, then I am telling the truth.

And the truth is that I am right, you are wrong, and N exists - in this case, in two forms.

N _ N _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 12:23 AM
I don't particularly feel like counting the fallacious statements in that post.

Is this Ninetales?

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 12:42 AM
OK, then let me put it another way...

Accept the truth, or I'll pound your stupid Randomizer to scrap metal!

Randomizer: O_O''''''

And yes, it is a Ninetales.

(reverse-kicks Randomizer; Ninetales plushie fires out like a bullet)

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 12:50 AM
I'll let you live for now, because this is a joyous moment for me.

I just completed half the Pokedex! Only 193 Pokemon species to go! ^_^ Thanks, Blademaster.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Good luck!

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 01:00 AM
Good work.

(thinks the DP plushies are gonna be released by the end of the year)

Now give me an S.

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 01:03 AM
You could ask a little more nicely, you know.

_ _ _ _ S _ _ _ (8)

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 01:16 AM
OK.

(aims gatlingflamethrowergrenademinimachinesubgaugeshots nipermagnumstingerhomingcruiserocketplasmacrosspot atopeamissilegreasetommyarmorpiercinglugergarretak nukeplasticblastbuster gun at Randomizer)

Now give me an R.

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 01:23 AM
*slams a gigantic concrete R into your skull*

There you go.

_ _ _ _ S _ _ R (8)

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 01:26 AM
(has a big red 'R' imprinted on forehead)

Oh, don't make me angry... You won't like me when I'm angry...

Gimme an N.

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 01:33 AM
Ehh, you'll get over it.

_ _ N _ S _ _ R (8)

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 01:37 AM
Right, that's it.

(puts fingers in mouth and whistles)

While we're waiting...

This is Venusaur.

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 01:40 AM
What else could it be? The Venusaur is yours, Blademaster.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 01:42 AM
Thanx...

IT'S ANOTHER DUPLICATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

(tosses plushie in 'Must trade' pile)

next!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: Coconut
Left: Army ant

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 01:46 AM
I'll lead with an R.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 01:48 AM
Now who could ask more nicely?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 02:00 AM
Well, since you were the only one who asked a question...

Let's go for an O.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 02:02 AM
Now that's a little better...

_ _ _ _ _ O _ _ [8]

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 02:06 AM
Then I'll finish with an L.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 02:07 AM
I think you may be onto something...

L _ _ _ _ O _ _ [8]

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 02:09 AM
Ah, is this a Lunatone?

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 02:11 AM
Well, it's either that or a Solrock that needs a new watch.

Randomizer: DING!

(plushie rolls out)

There... now, speaking of Lunatone...

(goes to bed)

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 02:19 AM
Ah, thank you, Blademaster! That's my second Lunatone, so it's up for trade.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 03:58 AM
OK, time to begin with an I

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 04:02 AM
Good start.

_ _ _ I _ _ (6)

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 04:09 AM
Let's se if an S can be useful

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 04:23 AM
A smart move.

_ _ _ I _ S (6)

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 04:28 AM
OK, this one must be a legendary, but which?

I'll begin with Latios

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 04:33 AM
You haven't missed yet, and you won't do so there, either! Congratulations, Louis! You've won a Latios plushie!

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 04:38 AM
Ah, thanks mr_pikachu, a good way to begin a day!

OK, here's the next one:

_ _ _ _( 4 )

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 04:41 AM
Ooh, tricky! Let's try an N.

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 04:42 AM
Tricky? I call it easy!

_ _ N _( 4 )

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 04:43 AM
Ooh, is this the controversial Jynx?

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 04:44 AM
Correct mr_pikachu, the humanshape pokemon now belongs to you.

*hands over the plushie*

Enjoy your Jynx, and S in advance please!

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 04:47 AM
Wow. Not even five in the morning, and I've won my daily quota. o_o;; Anyway, thank you, Louis! That's my second Jynx, so it's up for trade!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 04:49 AM
OK, this is a tough one, so I should take the easy way...

Can I have an E?

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 04:54 AM
"There is an easy way to play this game, and a right way. Which do you choose?"

_ _ _ _ E _ (6)

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 05:36 AM
Okay... let's try an A.

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 05:40 AM
Let's not.

_ _ _ _ E _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: S, A

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 05:41 AM
Okay...

How about a good ol R?

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 05:49 AM
Interesting how you all seem to target the back ends of my puzzles.

_ _ _ _ E R (6)

Incorrect Guesses: S, A

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 05:50 AM
Well... could this be a Wooper?

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 05:55 AM
Yes indeed! The Wooper is yours, dt! Nice move.

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 05:58 AM
Thanks, mr_pika!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Wrong:
Left: 9

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 06:19 AM
Let's kick it off with an R!

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 06:41 AM
Nope.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 06:53 AM
Then let's try an L.

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 10:46 AM
Got one!

_ _ L _ _ _ _ (7)

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 12:55 PM
Maybe I can find an O here.

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 01:19 PM
Make that two.

_ _ L _ O O _ (7)

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 01:53 PM
Who's that Pokemon?

It's Silcoon!

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 01:56 PM
Yes, it is! Congrats, Blade! The Silcoon plushie is yours!

Now post the next puzzle as I go to sleep. *yawn*

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 03:34 PM
Good one, Blade! I'll take an R in advance.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 03:56 PM
OK, now...

(pushes Randomizer button; gets shot in the face with exhaust)

(cough)

_ _ R _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Wrong: Kite
Left: Rhino

darktyranitar
9th November 2006, 04:00 PM
Any A?

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 04:03 PM
It's a safe bet that at least one H is present.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 04:51 PM
That it is...

_ A R _ H _ _ _ _ (9)

Wrong: Cucumber
Left: Ice Cube

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 04:52 PM
I bet that this one is a Marshtomp.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 04:56 PM
You people have serious gambling problems... :(

But this is a Marshtomp. Nice snag, Lou.

Randomizer: DING!

(Marshtomp plushie rolls out)

Hmmm... I wonder where all those plushies come from...

Ah, I'll worry about that later. C in advance kthnxbai. :wave:

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 04:58 PM
Ah thanks Blade, this plushie will look nice with my Swampert plushie!

OK, here we go!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: C

Remianing: 8

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 05:00 PM
I'll try an R here.

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 05:04 PM
Keep on the streak!

_ _ _ _ _ _ R( 7 )

Lady Vulpix
9th November 2006, 05:15 PM
I'll give the next poster some help. Is there a U in this pokemon's name?

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 07:11 PM
Right on the spot!

_ _ U _ _ _ R( 7 )

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 08:11 PM
Is this the horrible Haunter?

Shadow Wolf
9th November 2006, 09:13 PM
Well played Blade, you've won a Haunter plushie

*hands over the plushie*

Enjoy, and S in advance please!

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 09:24 PM
Nice! This'll go great with my Gengar!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: Jabberwock
Left: Axel

Inferno_Dragon
9th November 2006, 09:34 PM

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 10:11 PM
Why, yes there is!

_ _ _ _ E _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: Spaceship
Left: Apple turnover

Inferno_Dragon
9th November 2006, 10:28 PM

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 10:45 PM
I believe there's an M here.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 11:02 PM
Behold the power of positive thinking:

_ _ _ M E _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: A

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 11:05 PM
I'll take a few Cs.

Inferno_Dragon
9th November 2006, 11:19 PM

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 11:32 PM
You're getting warmer...

C _ I M E C _ _ [8]

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 11:39 PM
Let's make it really simple. H.

Blademaster
9th November 2006, 11:42 PM
Why should we? Let 'em work for their plushies like I do!

(hides The Big Book of Pokemon Hangman Answers behind a crate)

Er... anyway...

C H I M E C H _ [8]

Inferno_Dragon
9th November 2006, 11:54 PM
Is it Chimecho?

mr_pikachu
9th November 2006, 11:56 PM
Time for an R in advance.

Blademaster
10th November 2006, 12:00 AM
I shouldn't even give you that plushie if you have to still ask.

OK, fine.

Randomizer: ...

Oh, damn it, not this again...

(kicks Randomizer)

DING!

(Chimecho plushie flies out and embeds in wall)

There we go! :D

Inferno_Dragon
10th November 2006, 12:04 AM
Greats, it is suctioned on the wall.

*pulls Plushie and the wall falls down with it.

_ _ _ _ R _ (6)

Wrong: 0

mr_pikachu
10th November 2006, 12:06 AM
Hmm, is this a Lombre?

Inferno_Dragon
10th November 2006, 12:09 AM
That was so fast, you broke my watch.

YOU OWE ME A NEW WATCH!!!

Here is your Lombre plushie.

And an A in advance.

mr_pikachu
10th November 2006, 12:11 AM
Ah, thank you, Inferno! That's another new plushie for the collection!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Good luck!

Inferno_Dragon
10th November 2006, 12:12 AM

And you still owe me a new match, mr_pikachu.

mr_pikachu
10th November 2006, 12:14 AM
Here. *lights match*

_ _ E _ _ _ _ (7)

Inferno_Dragon
10th November 2006, 12:15 AM
Is there an S in the puzzle?

And thanks for the match, but I meant to say you still owe me a new watch. Oh forgot it. I can buy myself a new watch by myself.

mr_pikachu
10th November 2006, 12:24 AM
Well, hopefully you can replace it cheaply.

S _ E _ _ _ _ (7)

Blademaster
10th November 2006, 12:34 AM
I'll sell you my fake Rolex for $199.99.

And I'll sell Bri a fake new wall for only an extra $299.99. How can you beat that?

And I have a feeling this may be a Shelgon.

mr_pikachu
10th November 2006, 12:39 AM
By not buying it, perhaps?

And you need to get a new feeling.

S _ E _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: A, Shelgon

Blademaster
10th November 2006, 12:52 AM
Too late - construction has already begun.

(several 'construction workers' are putting up a new 'wall' and one of them is 'stealing' $299.99 from 'mr_pikachu's' 'safe')

Thank you for your business, and please keep Blademaster Building Co. in mind for all of your construction needs. :wave:

And if this isn't a Shelgon, then perhaps it is a...

...Um, I dunno. O please.

darktyranitar
10th November 2006, 12:54 AM
How about a Swellow?

mr_pikachu
10th November 2006, 12:59 AM
Oh, that reminds me. Thanks for "loaning" me those "funds" and that "safe," "Blademaster." And this "wall" will be a nice "addition" to the "middle" of your "bedroom."

This plushie is indeed a Swellow! Well played, dt.

darktyranitar
10th November 2006, 01:10 AM
Wee! Thanks!

Hm, no advance guess? Oh well...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Wrong:
Left: 9

Blademaster
10th November 2006, 01:15 AM
Loan...?

...Oh, crap.

(calls of the 'construction workers')