PDA

View Full Version : Has Anybody Else Here Seen the New "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" Trailer?

Starry Might
7th November 2006, 02:41 PM
Last Saturday night, I was looking at Pokemon Elite 2000, and discovered that a new trailer for "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" (from Nintendo World 2006) had been released. I followed the link (which I'll provide in a minute) and watched the trailer with my Dad (and downloaded it)...great stuff! Not only does it have some game action and stage stuff, it also reveals at the end that...

[SPOILERS BEGIN]
Fox McCloud is a returning character! I'm glad to see that, since he's one of my best characters in the "SSB" series. You'll notice that his appearance is based on his "Star Fox Command" incarnation - I personally would have rather they based his appearance on his "Star Fox Assault" incarnation, but I've gotten used to this look. :)
[END OF SPOILERS]

Anyway, here's the original link, as promised:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=14644&type=mov&pl=game

Blademaster
7th November 2006, 06:28 PM
Well, I haven't seen that first trailer yet; I gotta say, I'm impressed. I mean, seeing the game being played for the first time? It's mind-boggling. Kirby and Meta look so smooth and round, and the detail on Mario's and Link's outfits is amazing. Zero-Suit Samus... Well, she reminds me of Houndoom_Lover, which is very cool (I'll defintely be including her in a lot of my games. ;) :cool:), and Snake looks almost too real...

My only complaint is this: If those ten characters they listed are the only ones in this game (Which I really doubt, but it is a possibility.), I'm gonna be pissed.

The second trailer I've seen a lot but I still love. The main Smash Bros. characters duking it out, that classy, gladiator-style music in the background...

And then...

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! KUH-RASH!"

Good ol' Wario is at it again... :lol:

Heald
7th November 2006, 06:45 PM
Meh. Fox was a shoe-in anyway. This was mainly a reminder to the Ninty fanboys that they haven't masturbated furiously enough over the Wii.

Basically, probably all of the character from SSB will be in it. Most of the characters from SSBM will be in it - Roy and Marth might be cut, as good as they were, they aren't exactly Ninty mainstays (cue you dumbass Ninty fanboys pretending to be Japanese and hating dubs purely because they've taken out some of the Japanese-ness) as might Pichu, Game & Watch, Mewtwo, Falco etc.

Wario, Pit and Snake ought to be good additions, provided they get their own movesets. I'm not too enthusiastic about Zero Suit Samus and that Metaknight dude or whatever he is, but I was never a Kirby fan.

The two characters I want to see? Firstly, Waluigi. After all, he is just perhaps the BEST video games character ever. It took five seconds to conceive him yet he was the most awesome character in every game he has been in. Secondly, the Moon from Majora's Mask. Just for the awesomeness of splatting someone as Moon. Imagine the crowd chanting...

MOO-OON! *CLAPCLAPCLAP* MOO-OON! *CLAPCLAPCLAP* MOO-OON! *CLAPCLAPCLAP* etc.

Blademaster
7th November 2006, 06:48 PM
The two characters I want to see? Firstly, Waluigi. After all, he is just perhaps the BEST video games character ever. It took five seconds to conceive him yet he was the most awesome character in every game he has been in. Secondly, the Moon from Majora's Mask. Just for the awesomeness of splatting someone as Moon. Imagine the crowd chanting...

MOO-OON! *CLAPCLAPCLAP* MOO-OON! *CLAPCLAPCLAP* MOO-OON! *CLAPCLAPCLAP* etc.

I think Heald is God.

Drago
8th November 2006, 01:12 AM
Fox McCloud is a returning character! I'm glad to see that, since he's one of my best characters in the "SSB" series. You'll notice that his appearance is based on his "Star Fox Command" incarnation - I personally would have rather they based his appearance on his "Star Fox Assault" incarnation, but I've gotten used to this look.
So there actually are people who like his Assault look? Fox's Assault getup wasn't too bad I suppose (compared to Falco anyway), but I love the old uniform. It's just very... Star Fox. I have fond memories of the team running to the Arwings in SF64. Come to think of it, maybe the Assault look will be an alternate costume?

PNT510
8th November 2006, 11:54 AM
[b]Who cares about Fox, this game needs some Tom Nook!!

Ghost
8th November 2006, 04:30 PM

That right there is the truth! I want to pwn Mario with Tom Nook.

Elec Man EXE
9th November 2006, 11:12 AM
Have I seen the trailer, what a silly question. I've only seen it like... *counts* at least 30 times. What? :sweat4:

Smash Bros is probably my all-time favorite series ever.

Fox's new look isn't purely Command. Its a combination of all his different looks. It looks pretty nice, and the new fighting stance is cool.

And those certainly aren't the only characters in the game... that would be lame to the max. Less characters than the original, lol.

I'm really looking forward to all the new characters, particularly MetaKnight. Awesome look, cool sword, gliding + multiple jumps... whats not to love. And the stages are detailed to crazy levels, overall the game just looks amazing even in this early(ish) stage.

The game needs Lucario though. He's practically made for Smash.

Alucard
9th November 2006, 11:37 AM
I say scrap the shitty Pokemon characters and replace them with something decent.

Starry Might
10th November 2006, 02:54 PM
Basically, probably all of the character from SSB will be in it. Most of the characters from SSBM will be in it - Roy and Marth might be cut, as good as they were, they aren't exactly Ninty mainstays (cue you dumb[***] Ninty fanboys pretending to be Japanese and hating dubs purely because they've taken out some of the Japanese-ness) as might Pichu, Game & Watch, Mewtwo, Falco etc.

I know that the main "SSBB" guy said that some characters might not return, but nothing official has been said about who'll be cut or not, so anything at this point is purely speculation. :)

I will, say, however, that if anything happens to Marth, I won't be happy!

:lookout:

Ladies and gentlemen, PNT510 has won the topic.

Fox's new look isn't purely Command. Its a combination of all his different looks. It looks pretty nice, and the new fighting stance is cool.
I actually already knew that (thanks to Wikipedia), but "Star Fox Command" was the impression I got when I saw the trailer. :)

Elec Man EXE
14th November 2006, 11:10 AM
Its unlikely that Marth will go. He's the one who started the whole Fire Emblem franchise, and a generally well liked character (not to mention one of the best... and cheapest... characters in Melee).

Roy, on the other hand... everything points to him being removed, and replaced with someone more popular (Sigurd or Ike, maybe even Hector/Lyn). First off, he was put into Melee as advertisement for his game, FE6. And supposedly, Sakurai, the guy in charge of the Smash games, wanted to add Sigurd. But the president of Nintendo at the time told him to put Roy in instead. Roy as a character, and FE6 as a game, are widely unpopular in Japan. There's really no reason to keep him in, other than just maintaining the roster.

Personally... I can see them removing Pichu, Dr. Mario (put him as a Mario costume if costumes make a debut), and Roy. The first two are clones in every sense (A baby Pikachu and Mario wearing a smock), and don't really need a slot. And Roy... well, I explained that above. Young Link will probably turn into a cell-shaded WW Style Link. Falco and Ganondorf are their own characters and should stay in but with a different moveset. Especially G-Dorf. I mean, Captain Falcon clone? They aren't even from the same game. I can't honestly see them removing anyone else (Mewtwo, G&W, and Ice Climbers are the most talked about). No reason to, they are unique characters with unique movesets. Just because they're obscure or not the best character in the game shouldn't mean they get removed.

I say scrap the shitty Pokemon characters and replace them with something decent.

Not going to happen. Pokemon is one of the top 3 Nintendo franchises, why would they cut it out of the game? Its not as though there are an overwhelming amount of Pokemon (Mario has more characters, as does Zelda if you count Shiek as her own character). Plus, they fit nicely into the game, give it a wider audience and some body variety. This is the second time you've said this, and I'm really quite baffled about someone hanging out at a Pokemon board but feeling so strongly against Pokemon.