PDA

View Full Version : Super Wario Bros.?

Blademaster
11th November 2006, 03:00 PM
OK, I've been pondering this for awhile now...

We all know that Super Mario's full name is 'Mario Mario' and that Luigi's is 'Luigi Mario.'

But what about the Wario Bros.? What are their full names? I've seen their names listed as 'Wario Wario and Waluigi Wario,' 'Wario Spike and Waluigi Spike,' and in one instance, 'Wario Mario and Waluigi Mario.'

Which is it?

Heald
11th November 2006, 05:28 PM
It is largely accepted that Wario and Mario are cousins, and it is assumed that Wario and Waluigi are brothers, so Mario as their surname is a possibility.

It isn't Spike. Spike came from the character Wario was apparently inspired by, but was not and is not Wario.

Wario Wario sounds a more likely bet, most likely because Wario would want to cut off all connections with his cousin and so even if he was named Wario Mario, he'd probably have changed his name. The same applies for Waluigi is guess, who, incidently, is the best gaming character ever.

Blademaster
11th November 2006, 06:29 PM
It isn't Spike.

Oh, thank God! I couldn't take it if his name was something as retarded as 'Wario Spike.'

The same applies for Waluigi is guess, who, incidently, is the best gaming character ever.

Big Waluigi fan, eh? I'm personally waiting with baited breath for Waluigi to get his own video game - Luigi had Luigi's Mansion, Wario had Wario World (And the WarioWare series, which I personally don't like.)... Where's Waluigi's starring role game?

...Or better yet... How about a Wario-themed version of the M&L games? Wario and Waluigi: Supervillian Saga. Or Wario and Waluigi: Partners in Crime. There's a lot of possibilities.

...But, back on topic, the big guy's name is either 'Wario Wario' or 'Wario Mario.' Hmmmmm... Well, like you said, considering that Wario hates Mario and is a greedy, narcissistic bastard, Wario Wario would make more sense, but I don't know for sure...

Razola
11th November 2006, 11:08 PM
Mario doesn't really have much in the way of a consistent plot. Really, Mario "canon" might be considered an Oxymoron, as he game is not afraid to retcon or contradict its storylines. The series just isn't known for it's long-term story, but shorter almost self-contained plots. It's kinda like an old Warner Bros. cartoon.

Heald
12th November 2006, 05:53 AM
Big Waluigi fan, eh? I'm personally waiting with baited breath for Waluigi to get his own video game - Luigi had Luigi's Mansion, Wario had Wario World (And the WarioWare series, which I personally don't like.)... Where's Waluigi's starring role game?
That would dilute what is so beautiful about Waluigi - he was created only to be a stupid character that one could play as in Mario Tennis or MKDD. If they attempted to give him some sort of personality or backstory, aside from he is the evil version of Luigi and does stupidly elaborate taunts while yelling 'Waaaaaaaa!', that would just give meaning to the banal meaninglessness of him, which is why I love him.

...Or better yet... How about a Wario-themed version of the M&L games? Wario and Waluigi: Supervillian Saga. Or Wario and Waluigi: Partners in Crime. There's a lot of possibilities.Partners In Crime? I can only imagine a GTA-style game where the Wario Bros. have to go to Kooplyn or Dinohattan or whatever was in that shitty movie and take on the Bowsers through the underworld via selling Super Mushrooms, Toad Trafficking and Mario Kart: Underground racing.

Blademaster
12th November 2006, 03:06 PM
That would dilute what is so beautiful about Waluigi - he was created only to be a stupid character that one could play as in Mario Tennis or MKDD. If they attempted to give him some sort of personality or backstory, aside from he is the evil version of Luigi and does stupidly elaborate taunts while yelling 'Waaaaaaaa!', that would just give meaning to the banal meaninglessness of him, which is why I love him.

Well, he doesn't necessarily need a backstory just to have his own game - think of his brother Wario. Wario is the evil version of Mario who engages in moronic get-rich-quick schemes while yelling 'Waaaaaaaaaaa!,' and I loved the Wario Land games and heard good things about Wario World too...

Then, they made him a crappy businessman in Arkansas. >_< Shoulda just left him in the Mushroom Kingdom where he belongs... OK, I see your point. :S

The Blue Avenger
12th November 2006, 03:29 PM
Well, he doesn't necessarily need a backstory just to have his own game - think of his brother Wario. Wario is the evil version of Mario who engages in moronic get-rich-quick schemes while yelling 'Waaaaaaaaaaa!,' and I loved the Wario Land games and heard good things about Wario World too...

Then, they made him a crappy businessman in Arkansas. >_< Shoulda just left him in the Mushroom Kingdom where he belongs... OK, I see your point. :S

You've obviously never played WarioWare (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to). Every single WarioWare game is a get-rich-quick scheme in and of itself.

Blademaster
12th November 2006, 03:46 PM
Actually, I have played WarioWare; the fact that they changed Wario's wardrobe and means of transportation is bad enough, but they've changed his resume from treasure hunter and thief to businessman is just unbearable. So what if he's trying to get rich quick - he's a corrupt businessman then, which is the same as a normal businessman. And now he's in Diamond City. I have no clue where that even is, but I doubt it's in the Mushroom Kingdom...

Bottom line: I miss the classic Wario. :(

Heald
12th November 2006, 04:14 PM
Actually, I have played WarioWare; the fact that they changed Wario's wardrobe and means of transportation is bad enough, but they've changed his resume from treasure hunter and thief to businessman is just unbearable. So what if he's trying to get rich quick - he's a corrupt businessman then, which is the same as a normal businessman. And now he's in Diamond City. I have no clue where that even is, but I doubt it's in the Mushroom Kingdom...

Bottom line: I miss the classic Wario. :(
Mushroom Kingdom != Entire Mario World Geography

The Mushroom Kingdom is just what Bowser attempts to takeover in SMB. Subcon, the world of SMB2, was supposedly a dreamworld and therefore it never existed, although enemies that debuted in Subcon have appeared in other parts of the Mario World. The SML series for the GB isn't really regarded as canon as it was not made by Shigeru Miyamoto. Isle Delfino is completely separate from the MK, plus if we regard Donkey Kong as part of Mario Canon, then when he disappears back to the Congo Jungle, we can include that in the list of places connected with the Mushroom Kingdom. However, since Mario only encountered the MK after becoming a plumber and Donkey Kong happened before becoming a plumber (he was a carpenter), plus the damsel-in-distress was Pauline, not the Princess, the Congo may be connected to Mario's original home and not the Mushroom Kingdom. However, since both existed in the same game, both worlds should exist in the same canon.

Diamond City is in the Mario World, but it just doesn't fall in the boundaries of the Mushroom Kingdom. Honestly, why would he want to go back? He has it made in Diamond City and the cousin he hates in banging the Princess of the MK.