PDA

View Full Version : Yukimeneko - Question

Chris 2.1
13th November 2006, 05:31 PM
Pic here (http://pokeguide.filb.de/dex/478)

Anyway a problem I find with a lot of new Pokemon are you don't quite get how they...well, work. That is to say until you see artwork or see them in the anime often they are quite hard to picture.

Now with Snorunts female-only evolution, I don't quite understand what its arms and legs are. It appears to have two long ear-like flaps down the side of its head (do they function as arms, ala Wynaut?) and the orange, ribbon-tied band around it seems to be the waist area.

Does it end in a skirt-like thing, similar to Jynx? I'm baffled.

mr_pikachu
13th November 2006, 05:39 PM
Hmm. That looks a lot like a kimono to me. I would assume that yes, the flaps are meant to serve as ears. And going with the kimono theme, it likely glides about on the bottom of its dress. I expect that the question of the legs that may be under her dress will be conveniently avoided. ;)

EDIT: And on a kimono, the sash in that spot serves as both a decoration and a means of keeping the kimono closed. Ahem.

Jeff
13th November 2006, 06:39 PM
Hmm, from the back she looks a bit like Celebi, just a random observation.

Seems like the flaps are ears/arms, and as for walking, I guess she either glides or has legs hidden under her dress. It also looks like she has sharp teeth, and the bottom of her mouth is purple, just a couple of things that would be hard for people to notice unless they look hard I guess.

Yeah, this seems to be a pretty poorly done sprite, I guess we'll have to wait for the artwork/anime appearance/PBR model to see how this thing really looks.

rinku
13th November 2006, 08:08 PM
According to the entry at Bulbapedia, her "torso seems to actually be hollow". No legs, I guess.

And it's Yukimenoko.

Chris 2.1
14th November 2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was also wondering if or when the official artwork is released. I've only seen about 16 of the official artwork for D/P Pokes.

mr_pikachu
14th November 2006, 04:20 PM
Well, I'm not sure where they originated, but some of them can be found in this Wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_numb er). (Just scroll to the bottom to see the 4th generation entries.) Many of them are still only the in-game sprites, but I believe there are a few more of the official drawings there.

Charles Legend
23rd November 2006, 05:19 AM
Chris Yukimenoko appears to be based of Yuki-onna, a Japanese snow spirit....

~Charles Legend