PDA

View Full Version : GAME: Pokémon Hangman v.53 (MA) + ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Pages : [1] 2

Shadow Wolf
13th November 2006, 05:51 PM
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT: A new rule has been added to the game of Pokemon Hangman, so be sure to check it out.

ANNOUNCEMENT: mr_pikachu has created a Pokémon randomizer that will help you pick a Pokémon when it is your turn to post a puzzle. This will help make sure that every Pokémon will have an equal opportunity of coming up. Here is the link to it: The Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer (http://pokemon-randomizer.greatnow.com/randomizer.html)

ANNOUNCEMENT: Randomizer Update! If you select an Unown plushie using the Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer, it will also name what Unown form has been selected in parentheses, like "UNOWN (A)." Don't include this extra letter (or symbol) in the puzzle, however. Just tell the winner what the form is when you award the plushie!

Pokémon Hangman v.53
Little_Pikachu approved :025:

Game Founder / Rules Creator: Jay
Rules Editor For This Version: Louis (shinypkmnchaser)
Hosts: mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, shinypkmnchaser

I'm sure we've all played hangman when you're bored, or at least heard of it. Pokemon Hangman was first created by Mist who is associated with the Charmander Central Club in giving out "plushies" as prizes for people who guessed correctly. People began big collections of these "plushies" when this game was first introduced to PCG, and I hope that people will extend their big collections, or even start them, today.

Rules
Newest rules in Light Yellow

The rules of Hangman are fairly straight-forward. If you don't know them, then watch a few people post and we're sure you'll get the hang of it. *sigh*

But we do have specific rules that we need to follow to make the game slightly trickier. You may only post a maximum of THREE single letter guesses per person before you must guess the name of the Pokemon. This rule is subject to change. But for now it's THREE and only THREE single letter guesses per person, per round. This shouldn't be too hard to follow. If you notice someone that has made more than three single letter guesses then you should be smart and tell them so. :rolleyes:

Each player may not guess a vowel (A, E, I, O, or U) until they have guessed at least one consonant. However, anyone may make Pokemon guesses before guessing a consonant.

When someone guesses the word correctly it is their turn to think of a Pokemon for others to guess. Please make sure you don't mess up for other people's sake - Double check to see if a letter is present in the Pokemon's name you're doing before you post to avoid mistakes. Also, if it's your turn, try and pick a Pokemon that hasn't already been done. You don't need to always pick evolved forms. The rarity of each plushie should remain the same so we have a nice mix. You may only win a maximum of three plushies per day - This is to prevent a certain group of people called plushie hogs grabbing all the stuff every second turn. (Each person’s “day” depends on the time listed in their forum profile. Each new day begins at midnight.)

If you win three plushies you may still play, however if you win after you've exceeded the limit you must either A) Give the plushie to someone else who is less fortunate or B) Do not take the plushie as a prize. Just make sure everyone has a fair go too!

Legendaries can be won here, but only a worker may give them out. Anyone else may not. If this were possible we'd have legendaries popping up everywhere, and they deserve a rarity. Specialized plushies may also be won here, like a Shiny Claydol, or a Pikachu with a Blue Scarf... the list continues, and only the workers may give them out. You won't know if you've won one of these very rare plushies until you win the plushie.

The only pokemon that aren't allowed to be done by the players here are: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios and Latias. All others are fine. Oh, and please don't do any Pokemon from the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games yet, either.

You are allowed a maximum of NINE incorrect guesses before it's Game Over, not per person, that includes everyone's incorrect guesses. Usually people guess the name before the nine incorrect guesses so don't worry. If no one guesses the Pokemon correctly by the quota then no one receives a plushie, and one of the workers must do the next puzzle. You don't get two turns in a row at it. You may only post one guess until the person posts an update of the current Pokemon.

Try and not be too idle, the workers would like the game to be fast moving. If you guess the Pokemon correctly and then you're going to be away for 2 weeks then don't wait until you get back because you'll most likely forget about the game. Give someone else a turn.

Right now, an incorrect letter is counted as 1 incorrect guess and incorrect Pokemon are also counted as 2 incorrect guesses. This is also subject to change later on to improve/decrease the difficulty, if any of the workers think it's needed.

Absolutely no editing your guess at the name or a letter. If you plan to edit your post and notice a late spelling mistake and want to change it then specify so. Don't use this as an excuse to change your guess because you might have someone who witnessed you with your previous guess. You'll be in big trouble then.

If it is your turn to post a puzzle, you have 24 hours to post or update the puzzle. In the case of updating, this applies to four situations:

1. When someone makes a letter guess, and it is in (or not in) the puzzle (this also applies to letter guesses in advance).

2. When someone makes a Pokemon guess, and it is wrong/right

3. When so many guesses are made that the man might hang (this also applies to letter guesses in advance as well)

4. When you have yet to post after winning a plushie

If you don't post 24 hours after any situation above, you will lose your turn, and one of the workers will start the next puzzle. (note: the 24 hour rule doesn't apply to the workers).

If you make an incorrect Pokemon guess by accident, you aren't allowed to delete it and make a new guess before the person whose turn it is updates.

When you are guessing the name of a Pokemon on anyone else's turn, you must spell the Pokemon correctly in order to win a plushie of that Pokemon. Example of this rule in action: Let's say someone guessed "Picachu" as their answer to a puzzle, and then another person afterword guesses "Pikachu", if the puzzle is indeed Pikachu, the person who posted second would get the plushie, since the first person spelt it wrong. So please try and avoid making this mistake every time you guess a Pokemon. As for a counter-example, if the man is close to hanging, a correct guess for the Pokemon that is spelled incorrectly will unfortunately make the man hang if there are 1 or 2 guesses remaining, so be careful about this.

Also, if it's your birthday, you're more than welcome to pick any plushie you want for your birthday (excluding legendaries and D/P Pokemon), however, you cannot pick a shiny plushie, as they are obviously rarer than legendaries. When it is your birthday, just post here saying what regular coloured, non-legendary plushie you want (again, you cannot choose a D/P Pokemon either until D/P are released here in North America), and one of the workers will give you your plushie on their next post.

Plushies

What is a Plushie?

Plushies are soft toys. In this game, if you guess a Pokemon correctly you receive a soft toy of the Pokemon you guessed correctly.

What do I do with a Plushie?

Umm... look at them? They aren't really used for anything, mainly just a fun collecting sort of thing. That's all. Maybe one day they might be used for something, but that's a doubtful possibility. If you have a site it might be wise to put them on there to keep track of what you have. Or keep them on a word document.

I don't like my plushie! Can I trade with someone else?

Yes, you may as long as the other person agrees. If they don't want to trade with you then you should respect that. There are many others that may want to trade. Since this game was created long ago some people may already have a decent amount of plushies they might like to trade. You could try sending a PM/IM to one of them if you would like to trade or ask for a list of their plushies. Most people who play Expedia have plushies, so try trading with one of them, or you could start playing the game to extend your collection a different way.

Can I sell my plushies? Or buy one off someone?

No, you may not sell your plushies for CCPs or Stamps.

How many plushies am I allowed to own?

As many as you can win here. Just remember you can only win a maximum of three every day!

Final Words

ONLY post the names of Pokemon. No dictionary words! That is if you haven't been bothered to read the rules, which I recommend reading. There are well over 300 Pokemon to choose from so good luck! (And again, please don’t do any Pokemon from the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games yet.)

If there's something you don't understand then ask mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, or me - we bite but we'll still help. Or maybe someone else can help. Have fun! Your hosts and hostess- mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, shinypkmnchaser

The man has been hung a total of thirty-three times
Hangman makes up approximately 1/5 of the total posts in PCG since last year; considering this game began in very late April

OK, everything set!

Inferno, it's your turn to make the new puzzle(if I'm not mistaken)

S in advance please; Good Luck to everyone! ^_^

mr_pikachu
13th November 2006, 06:01 PM
I'll take an R in advance. Everyone, be sure to read the rules change! If you don't see it coming, you'll trip over it.

Blademaster
13th November 2006, 07:07 PM
Now that's a little bit better! :cool:

P in advance, por favor.

darktyranitar
13th November 2006, 10:04 PM
*you didn't see me post before*

I'll take a... ummm, T in advance, please.

Inferno_Dragon
13th November 2006, 10:53 PM
Okay here is the first puzzle;

_ _ _ _ _ _ R P (8)

Wrong: T
Left: 8

(P.S I think the new vowel rule will make things much better ..... I hope.)

darktyranitar
13th November 2006, 11:09 PM
Is this a Magikarp?

Inferno_Dragon
13th November 2006, 11:11 PM
Yes, it is the pathetic Pokemon Magikarp (my opinion, not your opinion ... just to make sure I didn't upset anybody.)

Here is your Magikarp plushie and I will take an N in advance.

darktyranitar
14th November 2006, 04:51 AM
Eh... Magikarp is fine for a plushie, I guess.

Okay, next!

_ N _ _ _ N _ (7)

Wrong:
Left: 9

Inferno_Dragon
14th November 2006, 11:05 AM
Is there an A in this puzzle?

Lady Vulpix
14th November 2006, 12:03 PM
Is this pokemon Snorunt?

Number1ChanseyFan
14th November 2006, 04:14 PM
[color=magenta]This has got to be Snorunt, (congrats, Gabi!!) so I will take a C in advance for next puzzle.

Inferno_Dragon
14th November 2006, 04:29 PM
I will take an T in advance for the next puzzle also.

mr_pikachu
14th November 2006, 04:29 PM
And I'll add an R in advance.

Shadow Wolf
14th November 2006, 04:36 PM
Well, the puzzle hasn't been awarded yet, but it will soon be so...

S in advance please

Blademaster
14th November 2006, 05:37 PM
Eh... OK.

(jumps on bandwagon)

D in advance, please!

darktyranitar
15th November 2006, 02:50 AM
Uh... *is late* Yes, it is a Snorunt! Congrats, Gabi!

*run off*

Lady Vulpix
15th November 2006, 05:17 AM
Thank you!

Now to randomize.
_ _ _ R _ _ _ (7)
Wrong guesses: C, T, S.

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H3.txt

mr_pikachu
15th November 2006, 06:08 AM
Let's go for an L here.

Lady Vulpix
15th November 2006, 08:48 AM
No L, sorry.

_ _ _ R _ _ _ (7)
Wrong guesses: C, T, S, L.

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H4.txt

Inferno_Dragon
15th November 2006, 10:11 AM
Is there an A in the puzzle?

Blademaster
15th November 2006, 01:54 PM
Ummmmmmm....

...Um?

:idea:

Who's that Pokemon?

It's Umbreon!

Shadow Wolf
15th November 2006, 02:46 PM
If I'm not mistaken, there's a chance that this one is a Vibrava.

+conspiracy+
15th November 2006, 08:56 PM
could be Flareon

Blademaster
15th November 2006, 09:08 PM
No L, sorry.

_ _ _ R _ _ _ (7)
Wrong guesses: C, T, S, L.

No, it couldn't be.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th November 2006, 10:00 PM
[color=magenta]Another C in advance for the next puzzle please!!

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd November 2006, 05:03 PM
Ok, it appears that we have lost some of the posts from Hangman when the switch from the SMF to the vB happened. However, you can still go to this link (http://www.pokemasters.net/smf/index.php?topic=46014.0) to see the SMF version of TPM and see this version of Hangman how it was before the switch took place.

In short, we left off with Inferno_Dragon doing a 6 letter puzzle. Louis/shinypkmnchaser had made an incorrect guess of the letter S, and there were three more letter guesses that were awaiting confirmation, mr_pikachu guessed an R, shinypkmnchaser guessed an O, and I guessed a C, so Inferno_Dragon, if you want to go on and put up the puzzle again using this information, you can go ahead and do it!!

Inferno_Dragon
23rd November 2006, 05:29 PM
Okay, here is the puzzle continued(and thank you for getting this started again, Number1ChanseyFan);

There isn't a C or R in this puzzle, but there is an O.

_ O _ _ _ _ (6)

Wrong: S,C,R
Remaining: 6

Shadow Wolf
23rd November 2006, 07:50 PM
I bet there's a T on this one.

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd November 2006, 09:35 PM
Is this Pokemon Togepi?

Inferno_Dragon
23rd November 2006, 10:15 PM
There is a T in this puzzle, but it isn't Togepi.

_ O _ _ T _ (6)

Wrong: S,C,R,Togepi
Remaining: 4

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 12:23 AM
Who's that Pokemon?

It's Ponyta!

Inferno_Dragon
24th November 2006, 12:36 AM
Yes, it is the lovable Pokemon Ponyta. Here is your Ponyta plushie and I would like an T in advance.

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 12:54 AM
Thanks, ID.

(tosses in trade pile)

Next!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Inferno_Dragon
24th November 2006, 01:16 AM
Is there a E in this puzzle?

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 02:46 AM
Yes; it's right here:--,
...............v----------'
'this puzzle'

_ E _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Inferno_Dragon
24th November 2006, 07:41 AM

darktyranitar
24th November 2006, 09:31 AM
I know the chance are slim... but is this a Persian?

Number1ChanseyFan
24th November 2006, 11:41 AM
Is this the Sea Lion Pokemon, Dewgong?

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 01:22 PM
Slim or not, Faiz, the odds favor you - a Persian, it is!

Randomizer: DING!

(Persian plushie rolls out)

Inferno_Dragon
24th November 2006, 03:01 PM
Can I have an S in advance please?

darktyranitar
24th November 2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks, Blade.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong: S

Inferno_Dragon
24th November 2006, 09:21 PM
Is there an E in this puzzle?

darktyranitar
24th November 2006, 09:55 PM
There is!

_ E _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Inferno_Dragon
24th November 2006, 10:01 PM

darktyranitar
24th November 2006, 10:30 PM
None, unfortunately.

_ E _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong: S, A

mr_pikachu
25th November 2006, 12:27 AM
I'll add an R in advance.

Welcome back to Hangman on the vB, everyone!

Number1ChanseyFan
25th November 2006, 08:03 AM
Is this the poisonous moth Pokemon, Venomoth?

Shadow Wolf
25th November 2006, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone, it's been a while ehh?

OK can I get a D?

darktyranitar
25th November 2006, 08:48 AM
Both mr_pika and Louis got it wrong... but it doesn't matter, as N1CF got it right! Congratulation!

Next one, please!

mr_pikachu
25th November 2006, 08:52 AM
Well played, Christen! Let's go for an R in advance.

Shadow Wolf
25th November 2006, 08:54 AM
Congratulations Christen!

S in advance please.

Inferno_Dragon
25th November 2006, 12:47 PM
Can I have an N in advance?

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 12:20 PM
Yay!! Thanks for the Venomoth plushie, darktyranitar!!

Here's the next puzzle!! 2 of the advanced guesses are in this next puzzle!!

_ R _ N _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: S.

Guesses Remaining: 8.

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 12:33 PM
Is this Pokemon a Granbull?

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 12:44 PM
Yeppers, it certainly is!! Good job!! ^_^ *Tosses you a Granbull plushie*

S in advance this time please!!

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 01:23 PM
Ah, thank you, Christen! That's another new plushie for the collection!

Here's the next one.

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: N/A
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 9

Good luck!

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 01:36 PM
Still a lot of possibilities here... are there any R's?

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 01:40 PM
This should eliminate some possibilities.

S _ _ _ R _ _ _ (8)

Inferno_Dragon
26th November 2006, 01:51 PM
Is there an L in this puzzle?

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 01:54 PM
Indeed there is!

S _ _ _ R _ L _ (8)

Inferno_Dragon
26th November 2006, 01:55 PM
Is it Smeargle?

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 02:00 PM
There you go. The Smeargle is yours, Inferno!

Inferno_Dragon
26th November 2006, 02:05 PM
Here is the puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (10)

Wrong: 0

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 02:19 PM
Let's start with an R.

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 02:22 PM
I will try a C this time.

Inferno_Dragon
26th November 2006, 02:48 PM
There are 2 Rs in this puzzle but no Cs in this puzzle.

_ _ R _ _ _ _ _ _ R (10)

Wrong: 0

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 03:17 PM
Ah, is this a Feraligatr?

Inferno_Dragon
26th November 2006, 03:49 PM
Yes, it is. Here is your plushie, mr_pikachu.

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 04:03 PM
Ah, thank you, Inferno... er, T-Tar Master! ;) Now if I can catch that Croconaw, I'll have the full Totodile set!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Good luck!

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 04:20 PM
Is there an S?

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 04:21 PM
Good guess.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ S S (9)

(By the way, when you edit your posts in this game, you ought to note explicitly what you're editing, even if it doesn't affect your guess.

...Yes, that means I saw the tag. ;))

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 04:39 PM
Meh, sorry about that. I keep messing up my color tags because I am used to not having to close them on the SMF board, I must have gotten lazy or something. XD.

Is this Pokemon Metagross?

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 04:55 PM
Sorry, but no.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ S S (9)

Incorrect Guesses: Metagross
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 7

And I figured it was worth it to give you heck about that. You don't do things like that often, so I have to take any chance I get. ^_^

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 05:05 PM
XD I messed up my color tags one time a couple of years ago, and somebody noticed it before I could fix them, and he gave me heck about it too. ^_^ You know, I have been writing in this Magenta font about a month or so after I joined in November 2000, so you would think I would have it figured out by now. :)

Is this Pokemon Heracross?

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 05:15 PM
That's the one! You've won a Heracross, Christen!

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks!! That is my second Heracross, so if anybody is interested in a Fighting Bug plushie, let me know!!

Next puzzle...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses:

Guesses Remaining: 9.

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 05:49 PM
Let's start with an R!

And I already have a Heracross... sorry.

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 06:20 PM
That's ok... maybe Blademaster needs a Heracross, I'd love to have his extra Jigglypuff!!

Anyways... Yep, there is an R in this puzzle!!

_ _ _ _ R _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses:

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 06:37 PM
I should really be working on term papers... is there an N here?

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2006, 06:50 PM
XD I have been working on papers all day long in between posting on here... this semester has been pretty tough for me, I'll be glad when it is done!!

There is not an N in this puzzle.... there are 2 N's in this puzzle!!

N _ _ _ R _ N _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses:

mr_pikachu
26th November 2006, 06:57 PM
Agh! It's one of these!

...Is there an A here?

EDIT: Yeah, I've been working on papers, too. But I should probably be neglecting a little more of TPM than I am in order to work faster. ^_^;;

Inferno_Dragon
26th November 2006, 07:18 PM
Is there an D in this puzzle?

Number1ChanseyFan
27th November 2006, 08:43 AM
Yes, there is a D in this puzzle, but are no A's in it, so this should make things a little bit easier!!

N _ D _ R _ N _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: A.

Guesses Remaining: 8.

Lady Vulpix
27th November 2006, 09:08 AM
It can only be Nidorino.

mr_pikachu
28th November 2006, 03:19 PM
Darn these term papers! Keeping me busy with such nonsense...

Nice move, Gabi! I'll take an R in advance upon Christen's inevitable confirmation.

Number1ChanseyFan
28th November 2006, 04:36 PM
Yes, it is Nidorino!! Congrats on winning the plushie, Gabi!! *Hands Gabi a Nidorino plushie* Your turn!!

Lady Vulpix
28th November 2006, 05:22 PM
Most of the action in this game happens while I'm away, but sometimes I do get here in time.

_ _ _ _ _ _ R (7)

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H0.txt

Inferno_Dragon
28th November 2006, 06:41 PM
Is there an S in the puzzle?

mr_pikachu
28th November 2006, 07:10 PM
I'll add an L to that.

Number1ChanseyFan
28th November 2006, 09:36 PM
Is there a C in the puzzle?

darktyranitar
29th November 2006, 04:20 AM
And just to make thing interesting, I'll take a wild guess... Magmar?

Blademaster
29th November 2006, 02:42 PM
Nah, not Magmar. It's one letter short.

There's the possibility it's Magmar2, but I won't risk guessing that yet... :lookout:

Shadow Wolf
29th November 2006, 07:53 PM
I will hunt for a P.

darktyranitar
30th November 2006, 04:05 AM
Nah, not Magmar. It's one letter short.

There's the possibility it's Magmar2, but I won't risk guessing that yet... :lookout:

...!

You're right! Oh well...

Where's Gabi, anyway?

Lady Vulpix
30th November 2006, 04:57 AM
Sorry, I was extremely busy yesterday.

_ _ _ S _ _ R (7)
Wrong guesses: L, C, Magmar, P.

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H5.txt

mr_pikachu
30th November 2006, 05:10 AM
Hmm... is this a Whismur?

darktyranitar
30th November 2006, 05:11 AM
Is this an Ivysaur?

Lady Vulpix
30th November 2006, 05:13 AM
darktyranitar got it right. Congratulations! You win an Ivysaur plushie!

darktyranitar
30th November 2006, 05:26 AM
Thanks! Here's the next one:

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Wrong:

mr_pikachu
30th November 2006, 06:06 AM
Huh, I missed that one! Nice move, dt! (Would've made that guess anyway since I already have an Ivysaur, but nice one nonetheless.)

Let's try an R.

darktyranitar
30th November 2006, 10:32 PM
And sadly, there is none.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Wrong: R

mr_pikachu
1st December 2006, 04:13 AM
Alrighty... is there an S?

darktyranitar
1st December 2006, 04:47 AM
There's one here!

_ _ S _ _ _ (6)

mr_pikachu
1st December 2006, 04:59 AM
I have all the remaining possibilities... but I have the fewest copies of Gastly.

darktyranitar
1st December 2006, 05:08 AM
Yes, it is a Gastly! Congratulation, mr_pika!

Post the next one please!

mr_pikachu
1st December 2006, 05:30 AM
Ah, thank you, dt! That's my second Gastly, so it's up for trade.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Good luck!

darktyranitar
1st December 2006, 09:02 AM
Let's go for a T.

mr_pikachu
1st December 2006, 02:22 PM
Let's not.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: T
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 8

darktyranitar
1st December 2006, 07:52 PM
Okay... go for an A then.

mr_pikachu
1st December 2006, 08:01 PM
Tie one on!

_ _ _ _ _ A (6)

darktyranitar
1st December 2006, 08:09 PM
I dunno... but if I made this one last letter guess, then can I make multiple Pokemon guess? Or can I only make one?

I'll take... an S.

mr_pikachu
1st December 2006, 08:16 PM
You can make as many Pokemon guesses as you like (well, until the puzzle hangs, at least), but only one per puzzle update. The one-guess-per-update limit goes for letters, as well.

(The exception, of course, is when a guess isn't listed in the following update... you're still allowed to make another guess after that update.)

S _ _ _ _ A (6)

darktyranitar
1st December 2006, 08:20 PM
Okay... is this a Slugma?

Blademaster
1st December 2006, 08:41 PM
Could also be a Spinda.

mr_pikachu
1st December 2006, 10:49 PM
Sorry dt, but I'm afraid Blademaster's got it! The Spinda goes to Blademaster. Well done!

darktyranitar
1st December 2006, 10:57 PM
Aww man...

T in advance, please!

Number1ChanseyFan
2nd December 2006, 09:52 AM
C in advance please!!

Shadow Wolf
2nd December 2006, 10:24 AM
Nicely done Blade. :yes:

S in advance please

Blademaster
2nd December 2006, 10:23 PM
Zzzzzz... hm? Huh? Wha!?

...Oh, I got it. Cool.

(tosses plushie into pile)

Thanks, Bri. Next!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: C, S, T
Left: 6

darktyranitar
2nd December 2006, 10:27 PM
Okay... let's go for an A.

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2006, 10:31 PM
I'll add an R to that.

Blademaster
2nd December 2006, 10:38 PM
Now we're getting somewhere...

_ A _ _ R _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: C, S, T

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2006, 10:47 PM
Ah, is this a Vaporeon?

Blademaster
2nd December 2006, 11:00 PM
Yep.

Randomizer: ...

Randomizer: ...

Grrrrrrr...

(kicks Randomizer; plushie shoots out and hits some random person in the stomach)

There we go! ^^

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2006, 11:03 PM
Ah, thank you, Blademaster! That's my second Vaporeon, so it's up for trade.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Good luck!

darktyranitar
2nd December 2006, 11:18 PM
Okay... let's go with an R.

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2006, 11:22 PM
Let's go with something else.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: R

darktyranitar
2nd December 2006, 11:28 PM
Okay... an A should do the trick.

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2006, 11:32 PM
Trickery? Is that how you plan to play?

_ A _ _ _ _ _ (7)

darktyranitar
2nd December 2006, 11:41 PM
Okay... is this a Machoke?

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2006, 11:46 PM
Some trick.

_ A _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: R, Machoke
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 6

darktyranitar
2nd December 2006, 11:56 PM
Okay... an E should clear things up.

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2006, 12:00 AM
Too bad you won't be getting one.

_ A _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: R, Machoke, E
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 5

darktyranitar
3rd December 2006, 12:07 AM
I can only think of one possible answer...

Is this a Cascoon?

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2006, 12:13 AM
That's the way. You've won a Cascoon plushie!

darktyranitar
3rd December 2006, 12:38 AM
Thanks! Here's the next one:

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Wrong:
Left:

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2006, 12:49 AM
Why don't we start with an R?

darktyranitar
3rd December 2006, 01:38 AM
Yes, why don't we?

_ _ _ R _ _ (6)

Wrong:

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2006, 01:46 AM
Hmm... could there be an S here?

darktyranitar
3rd December 2006, 01:58 AM
Yes, there is.

_ _ _ R _ S (6)

Wrong:

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2006, 02:06 AM
Okay, then. Is this a Tauros?

darktyranitar
5th December 2006, 02:57 AM
No, it isn't.

_ _ _ R _ S (6)

Wrong: Tauros
Left: 7

mr_pikachu
5th December 2006, 03:07 AM
Darn it... I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm about to win my fourth Lapras... >_<

darktyranitar
5th December 2006, 03:38 AM
Then you are right! Congratulation mr_pikachu! Here's your (fourth) Lapras plushies!

Next!

mr_pikachu
5th December 2006, 03:49 AM
Well, thanks for the Lapras, dt! That one's definitely up for trade. ^_^;;

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Good luck!

darktyranitar
5th December 2006, 03:58 AM
Wanna trade with my Spinarak?

I'll add an R to this.

mr_pikachu
5th December 2006, 04:12 AM
I already have a Spinarak... but it's better to have a little more variety in my duplicates. I can make that trade, sure.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Number1ChanseyFan
5th December 2006, 10:46 AM
Ok, is there an S in this puzzle?

mr_pikachu
5th December 2006, 04:49 PM
Double or nothing...

_ _ _ S _ _ _ S _ (9)

Blademaster
5th December 2006, 08:51 PM
Who's that Pokemon?

It's Blastoise!

mr_pikachu
5th December 2006, 08:52 PM
Quite right! The Blastoise is yours, Blademaster. Well done!

Blademaster
5th December 2006, 08:58 PM
A Blastoise, eh?

(squeezes the plushie's stomach; water squirts out the cannons on its shoulders)

Wheeeeeee! :D

(water hits the Randomizer; sparks and smoke shoot out)

Crap.

(runs for the hills)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Wrong: ~
Left: ~

darktyranitar
5th December 2006, 09:37 PM
I think I'll start with a H.

Blademaster
5th December 2006, 10:06 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm... no.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Wrong: H

darktyranitar
5th December 2006, 10:19 PM
Okay... an A?

Blademaster
5th December 2006, 10:27 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... yes.

_ A _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Wrong: H

Number1ChanseyFan
5th December 2006, 10:42 PM

darktyranitar
5th December 2006, 11:00 PM
How about an E?

Blademaster
5th December 2006, 11:31 PM
Well, you're half-right.

_ A _ E _ _ E (7)

Wrong: H, S

mr_pikachu
6th December 2006, 12:07 AM
I'm betting this is a Banette.

And Blademaster, I think I'll aim some cannons at you next.

Blademaster
6th December 2006, 02:07 PM
Yes, it's a Banette.

(stuffs plushie in cannon and runs to Canada)

mr_pikachu
6th December 2006, 02:27 PM
Ah, thank you, Blademaster! That's another new plushie for the collection!

And it's a good thing I own 50.01% of Canada...

*speaks into walkie-talkie*

Boys, you know what to do. Get 'im!

...Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Good luck!

Number1ChanseyFan
6th December 2006, 07:52 PM
Ok... is there a C in this puzzle?

mr_pikachu
6th December 2006, 07:55 PM
Swing and a miss.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Incorrect Guesses: C

Number1ChanseyFan
6th December 2006, 08:28 PM
Ok... what about an S?

darktyranitar
6th December 2006, 10:37 PM
Add a T to it.

mr_pikachu
7th December 2006, 12:09 AM
Pin the tail on the plushie!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ T (9)

Incorrect Guesses: C, S

Blademaster
7th December 2006, 12:24 AM
(limps back, covered in ash)

I... (cough) hate... Canada. :sweat:

And this looks like Wobbuffet. Maybe.

mr_pikachu
7th December 2006, 12:30 AM
Oh, sure! Blame Canada.

Well, the Wobbuffet is yours anyway, Blademaster! Nice move!

Blademaster
7th December 2006, 02:36 PM
(shakes ash off)

Cool, a Wobbuffet! ^^

(chucks in pile)

next!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Shadow Wolf
7th December 2006, 06:13 PM
*appears out of nowhere*

OK, time to play! Can I have an R?

And it's a good thing I own 50.01% of Canada...

Huh, who owns the other 49.99%??? :confused:

Blademaster
7th December 2006, 08:39 PM
Huh, who owns the other 49.99%??? :confused:

That would be Yves D. FlineFisch.

(points to a flying fish wearing sunglasses and carrying a machine gun)

And yes, there is an R.

_ _ R _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Shadow Wolf
7th December 2006, 08:52 PM
That would be Yves D. FlineFisch.

(points to a flying fish wearing sunglasses and carrying a machine gun)

Good one amigo!!! :yes:

OK, time to look for an A

Blademaster
7th December 2006, 09:18 PM
Good one? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... ;)

_ _ R _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: A

darktyranitar
7th December 2006, 09:31 PM
Is this a Gorebyss?

Blademaster
7th December 2006, 10:43 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh...

No.

_ _ R _ _ _ _ _ [8]

Wrong: A, Gorebyss

darktyranitar
7th December 2006, 11:03 PM
Okay... Corphish?

mr_pikachu
8th December 2006, 01:32 AM
It could also be a Porygon2.

Blademaster
8th December 2006, 01:38 PM
It could be, but it isn't.

(Corphish plushie rolls out)

Good work, Faiz. Watch the claws, though... :eek:

Number1ChanseyFan
8th December 2006, 02:28 PM
Ok... S in advance please.

mr_pikachu
8th December 2006, 09:11 PM
Smooth move, dt! I'll take an R in advance.

darktyranitar
8th December 2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks!

Okay... it's a miss... and another miss.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong: S, R

mr_pikachu
8th December 2006, 09:57 PM
Hmm. What about an M?

darktyranitar
8th December 2006, 10:19 PM
No luck either.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong: S, R, M

Blademaster
8th December 2006, 10:46 PM
Hrm...

How about an I?

mr_pikachu
8th December 2006, 10:49 PM
A T may also help.

darktyranitar
9th December 2006, 01:01 AM
No winner so far o_O

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong: S, R, M, I, T
Left: 4

mr_pikachu
9th December 2006, 01:02 AM
Is this a cute Clefable?

darktyranitar
9th December 2006, 01:48 AM
Sorry... it isn't. Better watch out, you might get this man hanged!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong: S, R, M, I, T, Clefable
Left: 2

Blademaster
9th December 2006, 11:01 AM
Is there an A here?

darktyranitar
9th December 2006, 11:41 AM
No...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong: S, R, M, I, T, Clefable, A
Left: 1

One more guess! I guess this one is going down...

Blademaster
9th December 2006, 12:05 PM
Well, might as well take one last stab at this...

Is there an E?

mr_pikachu
9th December 2006, 03:10 PM
Huh. I can't find a single Pokemon that has 8 letters, lacks an S, R, M, I, and T, and that isn't Clefable. Sure you haven't missed a letter at some point, dt?

darktyranitar
9th December 2006, 07:46 PM
...Aw hell, I did miss one out; it's the M! >_<

And the puzzle is hang, by the way; there's no E. And the answer is a Jumpluff.

Sorry for not noticing that earlier... Oh well, take it away, mr_pika!

mr_pikachu
9th December 2006, 08:00 PM
>_<

No, it's NOT hung.

You counted the M as an incorrect guess. Since it's not incorrect, that point against the puzzle doesn't count.

That brings us to 2 guesses remaining prior to Blademaster's guess of E. The miss brings us to 1 incorrect guess... but the puzzle is still alive.

However, in your last post, you revealed the identity of the plushie, thus invalidating the puzzle. So the man is not hanged, but the puzzle in invalid nonetheless.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Good luck!

Number1ChanseyFan
9th December 2006, 08:42 PM
C for me please.

mr_pikachu
9th December 2006, 08:50 PM
Sorry, but it's too early for a Christmas gift.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Blademaster
9th December 2006, 10:51 PM
Aw, DAMN IT!!!!!! I KNEW it was Jumpluff! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

(breathes fire and stomps ground hard enough to shake it)

OK, I'm calm. T please.

mr_pikachu
9th December 2006, 11:04 PM
Smart play.

_ _ _ _ _ _ T _ (8)

Blademaster
9th December 2006, 11:13 PM
Thank you. :D

Is there an E?

mr_pikachu
9th December 2006, 11:23 PM
Not so smart.

_ _ _ _ _ _ T _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: C, E

Blademaster
9th December 2006, 11:32 PM
I see...

Perhaps there's an H here...

mr_pikachu
9th December 2006, 11:33 PM
That was better.

_ _ _ _ H _ T _ (8)

Blademaster
9th December 2006, 11:34 PM
And that was damn fast. :eek:

Crap, I ruined the intro. ><

Oh, well. How about an A?

mr_pikachu
9th December 2006, 11:36 PM
It's just the way I am.

And you ought to guess something other than a fourth letter.

_ _ _ _ H _ T _ (8)

Blademaster
10th December 2006, 01:02 AM
Awwwwww... Well, the intro's screwed up already... Might as well go through with it...

Ahem...

Who's that Pokemon?

It's Makuhita!

mr_pikachu
10th December 2006, 01:25 AM
That's the one. You win a Makuhita, Blademaster!

Blademaster
10th December 2006, 02:06 AM
Sweet, thanks Bri!

(looks at plushie)

...It looks like a cross between Pikachu and Majin Buu. :S

(shrugs and tosses it in the pile)

Next!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

mr_pikachu
10th December 2006, 02:38 AM
Beggers can't be choosers.

Let's start with an R.

Number1ChanseyFan
10th December 2006, 09:14 AM
C for me please!!

Blademaster
10th December 2006, 11:16 AM
Sorry...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Wrong: C, R

Number1ChanseyFan
10th December 2006, 01:26 PM
Ok, how about an S then.

mr_pikachu
10th December 2006, 01:45 PM
I'll add an N to that.

Blademaster
10th December 2006, 02:04 PM
OK...

_ _ _ _ S _ _ N _ (9)

Wrong: C, R

mr_pikachu
10th December 2006, 02:19 PM
I'm betting this is a Piloswine.

Blademaster
10th December 2006, 02:26 PM
You know what sucks about betting? As probable as a victory may be, it's never guaranteed...

But this time you got lucky. Good job.

(Piloswine plushie rolls out)

mr_pikachu
10th December 2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks, Blademaster! That's my third Piloswine, so it's definitely up for trade.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ (4)

Good luck!

P.S. Here's my current trade list...

Corsola
Crawdaunt
Cubone
Delcatty
Dewgong
Dustox
Eevee
Elekid
Exeggcute
Gastly
Gligar
Graveler
Gyarados (2)
Igglybuff
Jynx
Lapras (2)
Lickitung
Piloswine (2)
Qwilfish
Remoraid
Sentret
Skitty (2)
Smoochum
Snubbull
Spinarak
Squirtle
Steelix
Taillow
Togetic
Totodile
Treecko
Umbreon
Vaporeon
Venomoth
Zigzagoon

Anyone want to make an offer?

Blademaster
10th December 2006, 10:42 PM
Anything on my list catch your eye, Bri? I'll trade for any of the following:

Eevee
Vaporeon
Igglybuff
Squirtle
Gastly

Also, is there an N here?

mr_pikachu
11th December 2006, 04:40 AM
I've grown to love complicated trades... how about this swap?

My Eevee, Vaporeon, Igglybuff, Squirtle, and Gastly...
For your Machamp, Ponyta, Wobbuffet, Meditite, and Carvanha.

5 for 5? How does that sound?

_ _ _ _ (4)

Incorrect Guesses: N

Number1ChanseyFan
11th December 2006, 07:43 AM
Ok, I am gonna make a guess here... is this Xatu?

darktyranitar
11th December 2006, 09:31 AM
Gonna take Abra for no apparent reason.

Blademaster
11th December 2006, 03:00 PM
Deal. Pleasure doing business with ya. :yes:

And this could also be Seel...

mr_pikachu
11th December 2006, 04:44 PM
...I just completed three evolution chains and added a one-stage Pokemon to my collection. Plus a Machamp, which is just cool. ^_^

Ok, I am gonna make a guess here... is this Xatu?

Gonna take Abra for no apparent reason.

Deal. Pleasure doing business with ya. :yes:

And this could also be Seel...

The envelope, please.

And the winner is... darktyranitar, for his role in guessing Abra!

*crowd begins applauding*

darktyranitar
11th December 2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks!

Okay, next!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong:

mr_pikachu
11th December 2006, 06:56 PM
Let's go for an R.

Number1ChanseyFan
11th December 2006, 10:12 PM

darktyranitar
12th December 2006, 12:42 AM
Both got it right!

_ _ _ R _ _ _ S (8)

Wrong:

mr_pikachu
12th December 2006, 12:44 AM
Hmm, is this a Gyarados?

darktyranitar
12th December 2006, 12:48 AM
Yes, it is! Congrats, mr_pika!

Next!

mr_pikachu
12th December 2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks, dt! Hmm, that's my fourth Gyarados. Who wants a trade?

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Good luck!

darktyranitar
12th December 2006, 01:09 AM
Let's try an R.

EDIT: W00t, 2500th post.

mr_pikachu
12th December 2006, 04:59 AM
Nothing doing.

But congrats on the Elite Trainer rank nonetheless, dt!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

darktyranitar
12th December 2006, 05:33 AM
Thanks. Any A in this puzzle?

mr_pikachu
12th December 2006, 06:15 AM
Why not think big?

_ A _ _ _ _ A _ _ (9)

darktyranitar
12th December 2006, 09:16 AM
Hm... is this a Sandslash by any chance?

Number1ChanseyFan
12th December 2006, 09:54 AM
That's gotta be a Sandslash, so... S in advance for the next puzzle.

mr_pikachu
12th December 2006, 06:59 PM
Ah, I love waking up at 7 in the evening...

Hmm? The puzzle? Yes, it's a Sandslash, dt! Well done!

darktyranitar
12th December 2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks!

Okay, here's the next one:

_ _ _ _ _ _(6)

mr_pikachu
12th December 2006, 07:11 PM
Let's try an R here.

Blademaster
12th December 2006, 07:15 PM
Seven in the evening!? O_o You lazy son of...

Aw, whatever. Is there a D?

darktyranitar
12th December 2006, 07:42 PM
There's one!

_ _ _ D _ _(6)

mr_pikachu
12th December 2006, 07:44 PM
...I guessed R in my last post...

I'll add an L to my previous guess.

darktyranitar
12th December 2006, 10:33 PM
...! How come I didn't notice that?

A miss... and a hit.

_ _ _ D L _(6)

Wrong: S, R

Blademaster
12th December 2006, 10:51 PM
Who's that Pokemon?

It's Weedle!

darktyranitar
12th December 2006, 11:49 PM
Yes, it is! Congratulation, Blade! Here's the plushie!

Next!

mr_pikachu
13th December 2006, 02:29 AM
Well played, Blademaster! I'll take an R in advance.

Blademaster
13th December 2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks, Faiz! Another new one for th- OW!

It stung me!

Woah... I feel dizzy...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Number1ChanseyFan
14th December 2006, 09:13 AM
Ok, is there an S in the puzzle?

mr_pikachu
14th December 2006, 10:19 AM
I'll add an L to that.

Blademaster