PDA

View Full Version : I challenge Tsuki Megami!

Blademaster
23rd November 2006, 06:35 PM
Konnichi wa!

Hey, 'Kura - I feel I owe this to you after being rude to you in RPG and during my short-lived match with HiaGT here. So...

What do you say? You up for a quick match? Me and you, 1-on-1, here and now.

Here's my idea:

-1 Pokemon each, 1 at a time
-5 day DQ
-I'll send out first; you can attack first.
-Banned moves: None for me, but you can add whatever ones you like.
-The arena: Krem Quay, a Spanish galleon that split in half and sank long ago. The shoreline it sank on has moved inland and eventually became a swamp. The water is thick and murky, not to mention shallow, so making the ship sink entirely is impossible. Still, the ship IS very old, so it is also quite unpredictable - it may suddenly lurch downward into the water or the rotted deck may crack and break away under pressure. It's entirely up to the ref if/when things like this happen, if at all.

Land-bound Pokemon can battle in the water due to varying amounts of flotsam strewn across the surface of the swamp, and sea-bound Pokemon can battle on and in the ship due to excessive flooding.

For a clearer image, here's a picture I found:

http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Celedux/dkc2map3.gif

Look familiar? If you ever played Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, it should. If not..... well, no matter. That light blue spot is where the Pokemon begin (If they're water-based, they start at that dark green spot just to the right.).

I'll be waiting for your answer.

EDIT: Forgot my battler... heh...

Go, Shogun!

(Nincada M)

-Blade

Tsuki Megami
23rd November 2006, 07:01 PM
Alright. I choose Mizu. (Poliwag, Shiny, Male)

Mizu, you start off in the water, which is fantastic. I want you to use a beautiful Haze attack to shroud yourself from the enemy, as that’s setting up, swim away and hide. Next I want you to surprise that little bug, if Shogun hasn’t found you come out with a speeding Ice Ball, if he has, then use Blizzard. Next keep up with the lovely assault and see if the bug can swim. Use Surf.

Haze → Ice Ball / Blizzard → Surf

And for banned moves… Sub, Direct Healing Moves, and Toxic. I doubt either of us will use (or can use) Destiny Bond, Perish Song, etc. So, they are not banned.

Blademaster
23rd November 2006, 07:18 PM
Shogun, let's get started!

OK, our opponents obviously think super-effective moves are the key to beating you. Let's prove them wrong.

Use Mind Reader to lock onto Mizu's position, and then close in for a Silver Wind - taking an Ice Ball is preferable to a Blizzard. Then, while Mizu tries to conjure a tidal wave in about ten feet of swamp water, hit him with a Shadow Ball.

Moves: Mind Reader, Silver Wind, Shadow Ball

Pichu Luver
24th November 2006, 07:16 AM
*Poses* Aren't I cool? :D Gotta love vinyl and wool socks, great for sliding (best thing about wood floors, great for slidin about). I will be your reffy for this. Just give me a bit, as I am in need of some breaky.

Blademaster
24th November 2006, 01:07 PM
That'd be great, River! Thank you very much. ^^

Pichu Luver
24th November 2006, 11:49 PM
Oh, I'm gunna get some askance looks for this . . . meh, might as well try somethin' new.

-~*Blademaster VS Tsuki Megami*~-

Round One
---------***1/1~1/1***---------

Arena: Krem Quay

The Krem Quay is a Spanish galleon that split in half and sank long ago. The shoreline it sank on has moved inland and eventually became a swamp. The water is thick and murky, not to mention shallow, so making the ship sink entirely is impossible. Still, the ship IS very old, so it is also quite unpredictable - it may suddenly lurch downward into the water or the rotted deck may crack and break away under pressure. Land-bound Pokemon can battle in the water due to varying amounts of flotsam strewn across the surface of the swamp, and sea-bound Pokemon can battle on and in the ship due to excessive flooding.

Shogun Nincada ♂
Trained by: Blademaster
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
-:Attacks:-
Mind Reader/Silver Wind/Shadow Ball

Mizu Poliwag ♂
Trained by: Tsuki Megami
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Haze/Ice Ball/Surf

------******------

Right well the Ref sets up her newly invented camera, nai indestructible it is. Just keeps on going. Now don't go expecting it every time, that whole set up takes a while but anyway on with the battle! Note to battlers, if you don't want, it shall go. Not everyone wants to be on camera after all.

So the two trainers shake their heads, find a comfortable spot in their tree, (as there's not a real safe place to stand) and toss their Pokéballs. Out comes a Nincada who takes a spot on the crumbling boat. With some very nice shiny sparkles, a Poliwag appears in the water right after. After quickly shouting their attacks, the Poliwag disappears in a cold haze. Mizu dives off into the swamp, quite assured that he will not be found if he hides just around the other boat. Not so, declares Shogun and with some mental might, easily locates just where Mizu's going to be.

Mizu waits and since he hasn't been found quite yet he comes out of hiding and zooms toward, um well, with all this fog where is that little blighter? Mizu goes toward where he thinks Shogun is, but he's quite lost now. He thinks he sees him on the boat and readies an Ice Ball. He fires and Shogun yelps as the snowball of doom slams into the boat to his right. It smashes right through to the water bellow. A nice plop is heard. Shogun is irritated he was scared like that and whips up a gust like move, only bits of bug energy in it. It flies right toward Mizu and sends the little frog flying in its torrent. As an added effect, it gets rid of the Haze.

Mizu comes up from the water where he landed very pissed. He can clearly see that evil bug and sets his own mental might to the water. The water, while dirty is certainly deep enough to be manipulated at ten feet. It rises from its mucky bed and courses toward Shogun. He looks up at the tide and gulps. It crashes into the boat, at the boat groans disapprovingly at its abuse. It holds, but when the tide goes back, many holes now riddle it. Some buggy curses are heard and Shogun appears from one of these holes dripping wet. He glowers at Mizu and creates a staticing ball of ghostly energy. When he fires it sails perfectly straight and explodes on contact with Mizu. Mizu is sent once again flying from the pond and into the air. The splash on his landing makes Shogun feel much better.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Shogun Nincada ♂
HP: 82%
Energy: 92%

Mizu Poliwag ♂
HP: 86%
Energy: 95%

Very simple, Shogun is weak to water, 9% x 2 = 18% damage.

Mizu got flung by a Silver Wind (6%) an got owies from a Shadow Ball (8%). 6 + 8 = 14% damage.

Blademaster posts attacks first.

NOTE: If it wasn't made clear earlier, if you guys rather'd not have the little comic thingy I stuck in, I won't put it in anymore. Just so you know.

Edit: Also I'll try to cut down the size so we don't have the bar on the bottom.
Edit2: I tried, down a bit, I'll work on it tommorow.

Blademaster
25th November 2006, 02:18 PM
Hey... screenshots. Cool. ^^

OK, Shogun, let's approach this methodically...

First, use Swagger to try and confuse that little tadpole, and then hit him with a Double-Edge, followed by a Shadow Ball.

Use Faint Attack to dodge any super-effective attacks, and use Sunny Day to counter Hail or Rain Dance.

Move: Swagger, Double-Edge, Shadow Ball
Sub: Faint Attack (as needed), Sunny Day (as needed)

Tsuki Megami
25th November 2006, 03:11 PM
My sweet Mizu, ignore the swagger by swimming under the water’s surface where the sound is muffled and use Amnesia. Then wait until that little bug has used a Doubl-Edge into the water and use Psychic to hold it under water while trying to rip it apart. If he fails to use Double-Edge into the water, use Psychic any and try to drag him in while ripping him apart.
Finally my dear… Whether you managed to get him into the water or not start up a Whirlpool to tear him and/or his little boat apart.

Amnesia → Psychic → Whirlpool

Pichu Luver
26th November 2006, 04:11 PM
Whooo this comic making thingy is fun ^^. If anyone wants to know where I got my arenas/attacks/sprites from I'll be glad to tell.

Round Two

The Krem Quay is a Spanish galleon that split in half and sank long ago. The shoreline it sank on has moved inland and eventually became a swamp. The water is thick and murky, not to mention shallow, so making the ship sink entirely is impossible. Still, the ship IS very old, so it is also quite unpredictable - it may suddenly lurch downward into the water or the rotted deck may crack and break away under pressure. Land-bound Pokemon can battle in the water due to varying amounts of flotsam strewn across the surface of the swamp, and sea-bound Pokemon can battle on and in the ship due to excessive flooding.

Shogun Nincada ♂
HP: 82%
Energy: 92%
Swagger/Double Edge/Faint Attack

Mizu Poliwag ♂
HP: 86%
Energy: 95%
Amnesia/Psychic/Whirlpool

------******------

The battlers gave their thumbs up to the camera and so it stays. But now it is time to confuse each other. First is Mizu, she dives under the water and a she sits in the muck, she enters Shogun's mind. She goes back to last round and puts up mental barriers around the ability Shadow Ball. When it is full 'forgotten' she sits and flaps her tail. Shogun is cursing up a storm, not to mention struttin' his stuff, but she can barely see his blurry image and any sound is very muffled.

Now Shogun knows where she dived under the water, and the muddy water bubbling up from her tail is a very good hint. So he scuttles in place, building his courage, and then dives . . . straight into the water. She slams into Mizu with good force, but then he can't move. He tries to move his limps but her can. Then he feels then being stretched in all directions and he makes unpleasant gurgling noises. Finally he is released and he floats to the surface in great pain. He manages to swim awkwardly to a floating piece of wood and he scrabbles onto it.

Shogun is flopped on the wood, drifting around, but Mizu is not so idle. She surfaces and smiles wickedly at Shogun. He looks over half-heartily and watches as she starts to swim speedily around him. It slowly makes him start to spin. He can feel his board being forced into the building tide and he quickly gets to his soar feet. He concentrates on one of the boat halves and phases out. He zips over to it, hopping quickly from one barrel/driftwood to the next and is soon safely aboard. Mizu is oblivious until she separates herself from her creation. She looks in, but notices that Shogun is safe and sound on a boat half. She glares and he waves a claw.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Shogun Nincada ♂
HP: 67%
Energy: 81%

Mizu Poliwag ♂
HP: 76%
Energy: 85%

Right Shogun did 4% damage to himself for both the recoil of the Double Edge and slamming himself into the water, Ground types don't like that. He got 11% damage from the Psychic and it holding him underwater. 4% +11% = 15% damage.

Mizu got twacked by the Double Edge and got 10%. It was slightly less then normal by the water slowing down Shogun a little before impact.

Tsuki Megami posts attacks first.

NOTE: Glad to see you guys like the comic. ^^

Tsuki Megami
28th November 2006, 07:13 PM
Mizu, my sweet… It seems my opponent and I cannot come to an agreement, so we must do this the old fashion way. Remain under water and use Surf, it might dodge it yes, but that doesn’t matter; surf will get everything wet, and hard to grip onto... Very useful… Then stay there and use Whirlpool to strengthen the one already brewing, that boat will come down, and with it, the cute little bug. Then, continue to strengthen our mighty current. Use Whirlpool again.

Surf ~ Whirlpool ~ Whirlpool

Blademaster
28th November 2006, 10:20 PM
OK, Shogun, it's time for a strategy. First, Mimic Mizu's Surf attack, and then use that Mimicked Surf to blast Mizu out of the whirlpool and onto the deck of the ship. Then, he's gonna try and get back in the swamp; DON'T LET HIM. Keep him on the deck at all costs, and then vent your Frustration all over him.

Oh, and one more thing: I dunno if our ref refs Mimic as just copying the attack or copying AND using it, so if it's the latter, and you still have a move left, then hit Mizu with a point-blank Silver Wind.

Move: Mimic, Surf, Frustration
Sub: --------, ----, Silver Wind

Pichu Luver
29th November 2006, 09:00 PM
Hmm??

Round Three

Shogun Nincada ♂
HP: 67%
Energy: 81%
Mimic/Surf/Fustration

Mizu Poliwag ♂
HP: 76%
Energy: 85%
Surf/Whirlpool x Two

------******------

The whirlpool is slowly making its way around the swamp and Mizu looks ticked. She is NOT pleased that Shogun escaped her trap. So she decides to take some ample revenge. She calls to the water and it rises up to answer. Shogun is not idle and is watching carefully. He would very much like to know how she does this move. The wave crashes on itself and then cruises toward Shogun. Shogun nods to himself, but is then swept up and off the boat as the tidal wave crashes into him.

Shogun coughs and sputters and he gets himself back up and onto the boat. Thankfully he was not sent far. The boat creaks and groans but so far is holding steady. Now he watches as Mizu dives under the water and starts to swim around her old whirl. It starts to become faster when she is raised up and out of the water. The water is disturbed in its spinning and the whirlpool stops. She blinks and tries to fight it, but the wave sends her crashing up onto Shogun’s boat. She flops for a bit, before regaining her footing.

She turns to jump right back into the water when Shogun is in front of her. She snorts and starts to step aside when she is slammed back. Shogun concentrated on the Surf pain and it is enough to send Mizu crashing into the boat. Along with digging his claws into it, effectively pinning her. The boards break a little on impact, creating a divot around Mizu, getting her even more stuck. She struggles, but she can’t get free of Shogun’s grasp. The ref waves a flag signalling the round is over and Shogun let’s her up. She huffs and slaps him with her tail. Shogun chuckles.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Shogun Nincada ♂
HP: 49%
Energy: 70%
Status:*Snicker* Forgotten Shadow Ball for 1 more round. Mimiced Surf

Mizu Poliwag ♂
HP: 65%
Energy: 75%

Shogun got 18% damage from the Surf. 9 x 2 = 18%.

Mizu got hurt from the Surf, water take ˝ damage from water, 9 / 2 = 4.5=5. The Frustration was 6% damage.

Blademaster posts attacks first.

Blademaster
29th November 2006, 09:24 PM
Nice work, Shogun - Tsuki isn't the only one who can play the field advantage game now, is she?

Here's what we do next - First, while Mizu is still stuck, crush her with a Double-Edge, and then use Silver Wind twice.

Now, things to watch out for:

If Mizu uses Whirlpool to try and sink your boat again, disrupt it with Surf. If he tries a ranged super effective attack like Surf or Blizzard, hide in the ship. And if he uses a non-ranged super effective attack, like Ice Ball or Hydro Pump, dodge with Faint Attack.

Move: Double-Edge, Silver Wind, Silver Wind
Sub: Surf/Hide/Faint Attack (as needed)

Tsuki Megami
30th November 2006, 08:18 AM
Alright Mizu, it seems our little friend wants to be irritating… Lets return the lovely favor.
I doubt we can beat the speed of Double-Edge, so wait until after the insect as hit you, and then get it with Hypnosis.
Once it’s asleep, let’s show it the true power of winter shall we? Go right up to it and Freeze it in place with a point blank Canadian Winter! Which, just so that little bug knows, are two blizzards combined into one. After that, if you can, get back into the water and hide under its surface.

Hypnosis → Canadian Winter (Blizzard + Blizzard)

Pichu Luver
30th November 2006, 06:37 PM
Tsuki is cruel Oo.

Round Four

Shogun Nincada ♂
HP: 49%
Energy: 70%
Status: *Snicker* Forgotten Shadow Ball for 1 more round. Mimiced Surf
Double Edge/Hide/Silver Wind

Mizu Poliwag ♂
HP: 65%
Energy: 75%
Hypnosis/Blizzard x Two Combined

------******------

Mizu has agreed to be a most easy target. She sighs and sits on the deck. Shogun snickers and backs up a few paces. He scuttles in place before rushing at Mizu and slamming her into the deck, the boards snap under her and she gets herself wedged into the hole, Shogun on top of her. Shogun is snickering some more. She grumbles and then looks deeply into his eyes. He gets off and backs away, suspicious. But oh, sleep is sounding nice. Her nods to himself and sinks down onto the boards.

It is Mizu’s turn to snicker now. Shogun is all prone to attack now, sleeping peacefully. Mizu takes a deep breath and starts to chant, getting louder by the second. The louder she gets, the more the winds pick up, and the colder the air gets. Soon ice chunks are flying through the air, more every second until everything is obscured. The Ref huddles in a blanket and gives two more to the trainers. The trainers can no loner see their Pokémon. Oh yes, enjoy your Canadian winter. Finally the winds start to die and they fade into a deathly silence. The entire field of water is covered in about ˝ a foot of ice, see though but walk on able. Shogun is nought but a snow pile. Snow covers every available surface. A winter wonderland indeed.

Suddenly the snow pile that is Shogun shifts. The bug shakily gets to his feet and in one big doggy shake the snow goes flying. No one could have slept though that. Now he hisses at Mizu. Mizu though it very pleased, frolicking in the snow. She pays no attention as the winds start to whip up. Bug energy slices through the air and zooms at Mizu. She and her snow are lifted into the air. Mizu is sliced up then rudely dropped. She slams into the ice hard, but nothing happens to it. Heh, the Ref and trainers blink at their new field. Good luck trying to use the water now.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Shogun Nincada ♂
HP: 14%
Energy: 61%
Status: *Insert curses your mother should never hear* Mimiced Surf

Mizu Poliwag ♂
HP: 47%
Energy: 60%

*Snorts* Right two Blizzards, uh let’s say if I didn’t have a 35% damage cap, Shogun would have 1 HP left.

As for Mizu’s damage 12% for the Double Edge, and 8% for the Silver Wind. Added 2% because of slam into ice.

NOTE: Surf, Whirlpool and attacks such as those that use the water will not work very well. It will take at least one action to get the water in that area free from its coating of ice. Then another action to use the attack in a weakened state. The ice will slowly melt as I think were in southern USA right?

Tsuki Megami posts attacks first.

Blademaster
30th November 2006, 07:37 PM
That's it. Enough.

Shogun, you can't win. I don't care how much your pride is hurt - I'm not going to stand by and watch this any longer.

(scoops up the half-frozen Bug)

"Nin...?"

I'm sorry, little guy...

(recalls him)

I'm out, Kura. You win. Congratulations.

Pichu Luver
30th November 2006, 07:51 PM
Erm, right. Sorry Blade but there was no way to avoid a point blank Hypnosis. And Ground is weak to ice, so . . . there ya go. Eh, well then Two points to Tsuki and I. One point to you.