PDA

View Full Version : I challenge Lady Vulpix! (Subsubref: River)

The Blue Avenger
26th November 2006, 10:04 AM
Aheheh... since you joined, I feel compelled to battle you.

Rules: 3 v 3, one out at a time
I send out first, you attack first.
Banned moves: Direct recovery (eg, Recover, not Giga Drain), Attract
DQ: 1 week
Arena: Final Destination
A wide, flat arena with no obstacles. If a Pokemon falls off the edge into the void, a giant glove, Master Hand, will put them back on stage at a penalty of 5% health.

I'll begin things with my male Lotad, Jimmy T.

Everoy
26th November 2006, 02:48 PM
I'm almost scared to ref this battle just because of who's battling, but I'll ref.

The Blue Avenger
26th November 2006, 03:20 PM
Rockin'! Thanks, man. No worries, just do your best.

Lady Vulpix
28th November 2006, 05:10 PM
Oh! I have 2 pokemon already battling. Can they be in 2 battles at the same time? How does that work?

Sorry for delaying things.

Everoy
28th November 2006, 05:29 PM
Yep, they can.

Lady Vulpix
28th November 2006, 06:09 PM
Alright, then. I call Chip, the male Eevee.

Chip, start with a Shadow Ball, then hit your opponent with a Headbutt, and use Bite when you're close enough. At any time, if Jimmy T uses Toxic, counter with a Toxic of your own instead.

And Jeff, rate my battle. :P

The Blue Avenger
28th November 2006, 07:47 PM
Right-o, Jimmy T., start with a quick Double Team. As Chip comes in for a Headbutt, use Leech Seed, and finish by blasting the Eevee away with Razor Leaf.

Double Team ~ Leech Seed ~ Razor Leaf

And Gabi, it's coming. No worries.

Everoy
3rd December 2006, 03:08 PM
ROUND ONE

Combatants

Lady Vulpix
ooo
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr133.png
Chip (Eevee M)
Health ~ 100%
Energy ~ 100%
Other ~ Pumped and ready for battle
COMMANDS ~ Shadow Ball ~ Headbutt ~ Bite
SUB ~ Toxic

TheBlueAvenger
ooo
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr270.png
Jimmy T. (Lotad M)
Health ~ 100%
Energy ~ 100%
Other ~ Pumped and ready for battle
COMMANDS ~ Double Team ~ Leech Seed ~ Razor Leaf

Arena

A wide, flat arena with no obstacles. If a Pokemon falls off the edge into the void, a giant glove, Master Hand, will put them back on stage at a penalty of 5% health.

Arena Music ~ Green Day & U2 – The Saints Are Coming

Battle

The two battlers, one a veteran battler and the other new, throw pokeballs out in unison. From the veteran, a blue pokemon with a lily pad atop its head springs out. From the other, an eager young Eevee.

Immediately, the Eevee summons a ball of dark energy and sends it toward the Lotad. It hits him square in the face! In reply, Jimmy T. conjures three clones of himself.

Chip, after a quick round of eeny-meeny-miney-mo, headbutts the second Lotad from the right. But, alas, it is one of the clones! Jimmy T. sends an energy-stealing seed toward the Eevee. It hits, and tentacles emerge from the seed, latching onto Chip's fur.

Chip now opens his jaws and bites the nearest Jimmy T. Luckily, he bites the right one! The two remaining clones fade, and Jimmy T. ends with a Razor Leaf, several leaves hitting Chip. A small amount of energy is sapped from Chip and transferred to Jimmy T. from the Leech Seed.

Results

Lady Vulpix
ooo
Chip (Eevee M)
Health ~ 89%
Energy ~ 89%
Other ~ Slightly frustrated; cut in several places; Leech Seed'd (3 more turns)

TheBlueAvenger
ooo
Jimmy T. (Lotad M)
Health ~ 90%
Energy ~ 92%
Other ~ Confident; a tad sore from Bite

~ Jeff and Jimmy T. attack first next round.

Lady Vulpix
3rd December 2006, 04:41 PM
First again? Ok. Chip, use Toxic. It shouldn't be hard now that you're so close. Then concentrate and use Bide.

Since Bide lasts for more than 1 turn (is it 2 or 3?), I assume I'm not supposed to issue another attack, right?

The Blue Avenger
3rd December 2006, 05:43 PM
Okay, Kevv: a few things. Gabi attacked first last round, hence I would attack first this round. Also, Jimmy T. is not Giles, not is he an Alakazam. Also, I am not Buffy.

If Gabi wishes, I will attack first this round and she can redo her attacks afterward, or she can leave those up and I can attack second again. i leave it up to you, Gabi.

Lady Vulpix
3rd December 2006, 06:08 PM
I'm sure the Buffy & Giles thing was a copy/paste error.
I've already issued my attacks and it's hard for me to go through the attacks list to pick new ones (I'm used to the way they work in AC/CC), so would it be alright if I left the attacks like this and then you attacked first for the next 2 turns to compensate?

The Blue Avenger
3rd December 2006, 06:15 PM
Not to say that I didn't know where the error was coming from, just something I'd like corrected in future reffings. *shrug*

And that sounds okay to me.

Okay, Jimmy T., put up a Protect against Toxic. Next, as Chip Bides, attack with a Toxic of your own. Finish by throwing some more Leech Seeds around.

Protect ~ Toxic ~ Leech Seed

Everoy
3rd December 2006, 06:26 PM
Er, sorry o.o; That was my first real reffing since the PBuG days.

The Blue Avenger
3rd December 2006, 06:37 PM
It's okay, no worries. Just something to keep an eye on in the future.

Everoy
3rd December 2006, 09:12 PM
Since Bide lasts for more than 1 turn (is it 2 or 3?), I assume I'm not supposed to issue another attack, right?

I'm guessing two since that's how it is in the games, so that's how I'll ref it.

Lady Vulpix
7th December 2006, 05:07 PM
Alright, then. No more instructions for this round.

Everoy
9th December 2006, 10:25 PM
I'll ref this tomorrow; I've been very busy.

EDIT: Well, I can't today. I'll try as hard as I can to get it done sometime in the next two days.

Everoy
12th December 2006, 05:53 PM
ROUND TWO

Combatants

TheBlueAvenger
ooo
Jimmy T. (Lotad M)
Health ~ 90%
Energy ~ 92%
Other ~ Confident; a tad sore from Bite
COMMANDS: Protect ~ Toxic ~ Leech Seed

Lady Vulpix
ooo
Chip (Eevee M)
Health ~ 89%
Energy ~ 89%
Other ~ Slightly frustrated; cut in several places; Leech Seed'd (3 more turns)
COMMANDS: Toxic ~ Bide x2

Arena

Arena Music ~ Green Day & U2 – The Saints Are Coming

Battle

Chip summons up a blob of toxic... Well, you don't want to know, but it's toxic. At the same time, Jimmy T. conjures a shield of whitish-clear energy around himself. Chip sends the blob of toxic crap (as in stuff, not... y'know) at Jimmy T., but it stops midair and slides off. Meanwhile, the Leech Seed saps a bit of Chip's energy.

Next, Chip starts concentrating as a red aura shifted into the visible light spectrum around him. Jimmy T. summons a blob of the same toxic-y stuff as Chip and hurls it at him, hitting square on. Leech Seed sapped yet another small bit of energy.

Chip continues concentrating as hard as he can, ready to attack at any moment. Jimmy T. sends another Leech Seed at Chip, hitting at the same time as the older seed saps its last bit of energy and falls off. Meanwhile, Toxic saps a bit of energy.

Results

Lady Vulpix
ooo
Chip (Eevee M)
Health ~ 79%
Energy ~ 85%
Other ~ Impatient and irritable; Leech Seed'd (2% for 5 turns); Toxic'd

TheBlueAvenger
ooo
Jimmy T. (Lotad M)
Health ~ 90%
Energy ~ 90%
Other ~ Bored

~ Jeff and Jimmy T. attack first next round.
~ I'm reffing Toxic as 2% this round plus 2% more every following round. If you want an equation (and I know you do :rolleyes:), it would be like this:
thp = hp - 2(x-r)
with thp being total hp, hp being hp, x being current round, and r being round used. Yay for teh maths!

:lemoncool:

The Blue Avenger
12th December 2006, 06:25 PM
Okay, Jimmy T., wait until Chip releases Bide, then hit him with Razor Leaf. Continue with an Ice Beam and finish with Water Pulse. However, if a Toxic comes your way, Protect.

Lady Vulpix
20th December 2006, 05:08 AM
May I request some extra time, please? Multiple events have stopped me from getting enough time in front of my computer lately.

The Blue Avenger
20th December 2006, 10:19 AM
Go right ahead. If you need to do it in the future, the ASB Absence Tower, in the Tower subforum, is a good place to let everyone know at once.

Lady Vulpix
25th December 2006, 05:52 AM
Sorry for the delay.

Ok, Chip, release the Bide, then use Facade on Jimmy T twice.

Elec Man EXE
19th January 2007, 09:09 AM
I'll be taking on the reffing for the remainder of this battle, yup. Don't know that I'll get it done today, may have to wait until Monday, but rest assured it shall be done.

The Blue Avenger
19th January 2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks, man. It's appreciated.

Lady Vulpix
19th January 2007, 01:06 PM
Yes, thank you. :)

Elec Man EXE
22nd January 2007, 12:49 PM
Hypotenuse Man vs Lady Vulpix
Round 3

Pre-Round
Jimmy T.http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr270.png(Male)
90% HP / 90% EP
Razor Leaf ~ Ice Beam ~ Water Pulse
Sub: Protect

Chiphttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr133.png(Male)
79% HP / 85% EP
Status: Seeded (2 rounds), Intoxicated, irritable and impatient
Bide (Release) ~ Facade ~ Facade

Arena Status: Calm

Battle
The battle is just getting underway, and both trainers remain confident. They give their orders to each of their small pokemon, who nod energetically before turning to one another.

Having hunkered down in the previous round, Chip struggles against the entangling of vines and lets out a cry as he raises his head. He expects to release a blast of power, but having sustained no signifigant damage, nothing at all happens. He twitches his ears and looks a bit suprised, and as he puzzles Jimmy takes advantage of the situation. The little grass type swings his head around, sending out a scattering of sharpened leaves from just under his lily pad hat. Eevee cries out as the sharp plant projectiles slash across his body, leaving many tiny cuts all over him. A few of the wounds are deep enough to draw a bit of blood, leaving the normal type with small bits of darkened fur. The young water weed yawns, not exactly enthralled with the one sided battle.

Annoyed by his failure and Lotad's show of boredom, Chip is determined to do something to fight back against the opponent. As best he can with seeds restricting him, he starts to charge at the water type. While he runs, his body feeds off the toxins, using the affliction to create a field of energy around him and giving him a white glow. Lowering his head, Eevee rams into the nonchalant aquatic pokemon and sends him hurtling back. Jimmy grunts as he is thrown back, then tumbles head over... uh, heels a couple of times before coming to rest leaf-down. He has a bit of a hard time righting himself with his stubby feet, but eventually manages despite Chip's giggling. With that, he takes a deep breath and opens his mouth wide, as he starts to build up a frigid energy between his lips. The ice takes the form of a sphere, before Jimmy lets out a howl and blasts a jagged beam of frost toward the seeded canine. Hitting dead on, Eevee whines under the biting chill of the cyan beam. The stream of ice soon exausts itself and disappears, showing a cold Chip with bits of ice in his fur, glimmering in the sunlight. But the vines around his body also got hit by the attack, and many of them are also frosted over. The main seed lies in-tact on the puppy's back, but the draining effect is lessened due to the damage.

He's a bit cold, but Chip takes comfort in the fact that some of the invading plants are damaged as well. The normal type stretches his legs, letting the fragile chilled tendrils around them crack and fall to the ground, then glances back at Jimmy. Eevee starts to dash toward him again, and lets his intoxication fuel the attack a second time. The glow is fainter than before, but he still looks threatening charging toward Lotad. The grass pokemon starts to build up a ball of water in his closed jaws, hoping to counter the attack, but Chip is too close. He smashes into the water weed, knocking him back, though this time he manages to keep his footing and just slides backward a ways. Wasting no time, Jimmy ignores the pain and opens his mouth, gathering a bit more water there before letting the aquatic sphere fly at his opponent. The attack splatters as it hits Chip forcefully right in the face, causing him to stagger back. Sonic waves within the water cause the Eevee's mind to scramble for a moment, but the effect clears in moments. Now soaked, the evolution pokemon instinctively shakes, sending beads of water in every direction.

Mind now fully in the battle, Jimmy looks toward his trainer, awaiting his attacks. Chip winces as he feels the poison continuing its path through his blood stream, burning his insides, while the planted seed draws a bit of his life force through its vines.

Post-Round
70% HP / 78% EP

52% HP / 75% EP
Status: Seeded (1 round), Intoxicated, some cuts and a bit wet

Arena Status: Still calm, though a bit damp around Chip

I should mention I handle Facade in a bit of a unique way. Rather than simply being powerful as long as you have a status effect, the power gets a boost the first time its used, and then goes down as its used further. First use is 12 damage, second use 10, third 8, and after that its base power (7). Makes more sense to me, rather than being a constant power boost. It'd go back up if you were to get another status effect, of course.

The Blue Avenger
28th January 2007, 09:37 AM
Okay, Jimmy T., use a Razor Leaf flurry and finish with a powerful Hydro Pump to force Chip away. If he uses Toxic, however, use Protect.

Razor Leaf x2 ~ Hydro Pump

Lady Vulpix
28th January 2007, 09:44 AM
Ok, I'm afraid we don't have many options, so try Bide again: absorb 2 attacks and then release it on Jimmy T.

Elec Man EXE
31st January 2007, 08:21 PM
Round 4

Pre-Round
70% HP / 78% EP
Razor Leaf ~ Razor Leaf ~ Hydro Pump
Sub: Protect

52% HP / 75% EP
Status: Seeded (1 round), Intoxicated, some cuts and a bit wet
Bide ~ Bide ~ Bide (Release)

Arena Status: Still calm, though a bit damp around Chip

Battle
Now that the battle is getting a bit more exciting, Jimmy looks toward his trainer with eagerness. Chip is more occupied with the poison, but he also listens for his trainer's commands. The pair of battlers ponder for a moment, and then give their orders for the 4th round of battle as the pokemon nod.

Chip makes a decision to forgo avoidance for the moment, and he crouches down and closes his eyes. Around his body, a very faint white aura, almost gasseous in appearence, forms. In that position, the little Eevee waits for his foe to attack. Jimmy's seen this before, but it didn't even do anything last time, so he thinks nothing of it. The little water type crys out as he swings his leafy hat, sending a series of sharp spinning leaves at the waiting Eevee. The spinning, blade-like plants cut across Chip's body, causing him to shudder in pain. He remains silent, however, even as a few more cuts form across him. As the damage is done, the energy surrounding the evolution pokemon brightens and takes on a greenish hue. Jimmy looks on with curiosity, seeing his opponent starting to glow brighter.

Raising his eye's questioningly, Lotad tries to figure out what the little canine is up to. But after a few moments, it becomes clear that the Eevee still has no intentions of doing anything. Grunting, Jimmy once again whips his head around, letting another barrage of cutting leaves fly. Swirling through the air, the green projectiles slash across Chip's fur and skin, leaving red gashes in their wake. He can't help but wimper a little, but remains determined. As before, the glowing particles surrounding him start intensify, evidence of the energy he's managed to replicate from the damage.

Having gathered damage from 2 attacks, Chip suddenly opens his eyes, bearing a fiercesome look. All at once, the energy flowing across his body gathers between his open jaws, forming a throbbing ball of grass power. Letting out a loud scream, the little Eevee blasts out a beam of pure energy which quickly cuts through the air toward Jimmy. He cringes as the strong blast overtakes him, flowing all around his small body. The energy exausts itself shortly, dwindling in size before disappearing completely. Chip gasps, the stress from the maneuver leaving him out of breath. Opposite him, Jimmy shudders and does his best to ignore the pain. Taking a deep breath, the water weed prepares for a powerful aquatic blast. After building the water energy inside his body, he sprays out a large and powerful jet of liquid at the gasping normal type. The quick, forceful spray leaves Eevee little time to react, and he yelps as the blast of cool water slams into his chest. He tumbles back under the pressure of the stream, but as the force lessens the puppy comes to a skidding halt. Getting back to his feet, he groans, dripping. Having thoroughly soaked his opponent, Jimmy grins.

With the round drawing to a close, the waterlogged Eevee groans as the strong toxins keep working their way through his vitals. While he winces, the seed on his back withdraws its vines and then "jumps" off him, and back to Jimmy. Lotad sighs happily, feeling slighty rejuvinated as the seed surrenders its stolen energy to him. Through the pain, Chip looks rather annoyed and growls at the weed.

Post-Round
44% HP / 68% EP

19% HP / 69% EP
Status: Intoxicated, cuts across his body and drenched, peeved

Arena Status: Area around Chip soaked

Lady Vulpix
4th February 2007, 09:39 AM
Bite, then Flail×2.

The Blue Avenger
4th February 2007, 10:07 AM
Force your distance with Bullet Seed, then keep Chip away from you (we don't want that Flail connecting) with a couple of Water Pulses.

Bullet Seed ~ Water Pulse x2

Elec Man EXE
6th February 2007, 01:19 PM
Round 5

Pre-Round
44% HP / 68% EP
Bullet Seed ~ Water Pulse ~ Water Pulse

19% HP / 69% EP
Status: Intoxicated, cuts across his body and drenched, peeved
Bite ~ Flail ~ Flail

Arena Status: Area around Chip soaked

Battle
With Round 5 coming up, each trainer thinks carefully about what to have their faithful pokemon do. After a bit of consideration, they shout their commands, and both the pained Chip and his opponent Jimmy nod back.

Knowing the situation isn't favorable, Chip shakes off the pain and starts to run at little Lotad, still dripping from the water type's last attack. As the evolutionary pokemon nears, Jimmy perks up and opens his mouth. A staggering number of small brown seeds fire from his lips, flying forward and pelting the approaching Eevee. He is forced to stop his charge as the seeds batter him. Grunting in pain, the normal type withdraws his head and shuts his eyes tight. The stream of plant projectiles lets up soon, and Chip shakes his head briefly and then sprints forward over a few seeds. Jimmy wiggles back, trying to avoid his opponent, but with little success. Eevee bears his teeth, bits of darkness flowing between them, and then chomps onto the water weed's lily pad. The Lotad shrieks, shaking his head to try and get the canine to release him while the darkness burns into him. Damage done, Chip lets go, but stays close to his opponent in preparation for his next manuever.

Feeling desperation building, the little Eevee moves right into the next move. Before Lotad has any time to respond, Chip lets out a squeal and starts to flail at the water type like a gerbil in a swarm of bees. Jimmy cringes while he gets rapidly battered by Eevee's limbs, pummeling his face. When the normal type finally calms down, breathing heavily, Jimmy lets out a groan. Face bruised, he subdues the pain and opens his jaws. Before them, a ball of water energy takes shape, growing in diameter. Halo's of sonic energy pulse inside the orb, and he blows the aquatic bullet at a gasping Eevee. The watery mass bursts as it collides forcefully with him, sending beads of water everywhere. Chip is knocked back, staggering. He loses his footing as disorientation takes hold, slipping in the puddled water around him and falling hard on his stomach. The shock snaps him back to his senses, but he remains on the ground wimpering.

Viewing the puppy whining on the ground, Jimmy feels sorry for him. That is, until he pushes himself slowly to his feet, then lunges foward. Lotad gets caught in the barrage of wild attacks again, the fierocity having increased. Chip's cries carry across the void of the arena, mixing with Jimmy's own cries of agony. Lotad's body starts to numb from the pain, but suddenly Chip becomes still. He slumps down to the ground, head falling to his side, motionless. Grunting, Jimmy opens his eyes, still bearing a pained expression, and glances down at his fallen opponent. Realizing that he's defeated the determined Eevee, he looks toward his trainer and smiles widely.

Her pokemon down, but having fought till the very end, Lady Vulpix pulls out a pokeball and lets the red beam pull Chip back to the safe haven within. She softly says "Good job" and then puts the ball away, thinking about which pokemon to use next. Meanwhile Jimmy is taken with satisfaction, oblivious to the damage inflicted upon him, and his trainer nods to him and awaits the next challenge.

Post-Round
17% HP / 63% EP

0% HP / 52% EP

Arena Status: Puddles of water all around

Lady Vulpix will send out her pokemon, then Hypotenuse Man attacks, than LV counterattacks.

Lady Vulpix
7th February 2007, 02:15 PM
Alright... I will send out Mist, the female Dratini.

The Blue Avenger
7th February 2007, 02:18 PM
Okay, Jimmy T., start off with a big Blizzard. Next, use an Ice Beam, and finish with Icy Wind.

Lady Vulpix
7th February 2007, 02:37 PM
Mist, Protect yourself from the Blizzard, then use Light Screen and Secret Power.

Elec Man EXE
8th February 2007, 02:30 PM
Round 6

Pre-Round
17% HP / 63% EP
Blizzard ~ Ice Beam ~ Icy Wind

Misthttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr147.png(Female)
100% HP / 100% EP
Protect ~ Light Screen ~ Secret Power

Arena Status: Puddles of water all around

Battle
After considering her choices for a moment, Lady Vulpix unclips a second pokeball, enlarging it as she pulls her arm back. She tosses the pokeball, which emits a bright flash and gradually takes the shape of a serpent. The light fades to reveal a slender Dratini, who opens her eyes and grins. Her trainer smiles back, and then gives the dragon her orders, as Hypotenuse Man does the same for Jimmy.

As the round begins, Jimmy breathes deeply and starts to build up a mass if ice and snow between his jaws. Mist watches, and shivering just thinking about the dangerous frosty attack, focuses her mind carefully. She moves her tail forward, using it as a focus for her energy. The power flows, taking the shape of a sphere around her. Shimmering, the barrier becomes solid, though it retains its transparent nature. Lotad, still drawing frigid energy for a powerful ice attack, doesn't think anything of the shield. When the stout water type reaches his energy limit, he lets out a howl as the powerful cone of ice blasts toward Mist. The attack freezes the very air, and as it speeds forward also turns the damp ground into a sheet of ice. Slamming into the protective shield, the furious rush of winter pummels the barrier, instantly starting to coat it with a layer of snow as it flickers upon impact. But Dratini holds strong, stress building from the pressure of maintaining the shield. When the combined force of frozen bits of ice and the horrendous wind finally subside, she sighs in relief and releases the energy, leaving the shield to shatter while the built up ice falls to the ground. The serpentine dragon is surrounded by chunks of ice and the moisture around her is frozen to a layer of ice, but she remains unharmed.

Lotad lets out a rather annoyed grunt, yielding a smile from his opponent. But Mist knows that she needs to raise another defense before an encore of the chilly attack heads her way. Her eyes glow as she uses psychic energy to form a yellow screen before her body. The screen is made up of an assortment of hexagonal plates, all fitting together perfectly. While she creates her protection, Jimmy is determined to hit her with another frozen blast. His mouth opens as before, but this time he builds up a concentrated ball of ice energy. A frigid fog spreads from the shining orb as it grows between the water weed's lips. It disperses, though, as a jagged beam of sky blue blasts from the orb at Dratini. Quickly, the ray speeds over the ground and reaches Mist's shield. Though the shield isn't solid, it absorbs much of the incoming frosty energy, leaving only small amount to pass on to hit her. Even so, she scrunches back and lets out a whine, dragonic body especially susceptible to the low temperature. The screen continues to shine as the stream of ice energy cuts out, and then gradually the screen fades. It doesn't disappear completely, however, and Mist smiles knowing she'll be partially protected for a while.

Even with her defenses keeping her mostly unharmed, Mist is quite ready to go on the offensive. She stretches herself out, lifting herself into the air while her pupils shine white. The shine persists for a moment, and then she fires a flowing ray of energy downward. It hits the frozen ground in front of Jimmy, and he laughs at her apparent missed attack. The grass type takes a breath, but then is suprised when a glowing piece of the sheet ice takes flight with a crackling sound. The projectile, glowing the same hue as Dratini's eyes, hurtles at Jimmy and cracks him in the face. He gets knocked back, letting out a startled yelp, and then shakes his head in disbelief. The dragon's eyes return to normal and she giggles, but this only serves to annoy Jimmy. Doing his best to ignore the increasing stress on his body, he growls and blows out a chilly wind, using the energy within his body. The frigid wind swirls across the arena, quickly blowing over Mist. She shivers as the air blast whips around her body, chilling every part of her. It dies down as Lotad runs out of breath, and even with the lingering protection of the screen her body is almost numb.

With his body weakened further, Jimmy shuts his eyelids and tries to go to his happy place while he waits for the next round. Mist is quite chilled, but she's energetic and ready to defeat her opponent. The pair of trainers think for a while as they prepare for the coming round.

Post-Round
10% HP / 44% EP

90% HP / 81% EP

Arena Status: Much of the ground now frozen

BTW, I'm trying out my new reffing method for Reflect/Light Screen, a sort of combination between the games and the Attack List. Basically, it greatly reduces the incoming special attack when its first used (70% reduction), and then reduces special attacks by 20% from that point on. And it lasts 2 rounds after first use. Does that sound good?

Lady Vulpix
8th February 2007, 07:50 PM
I guess it can work. Mist, use a Flamethrower. It should warm up the place a little and do some damage in the process. Then use Dragonbreath and, finally, Thunderbolt.

The Blue Avenger
16th February 2007, 01:26 PM
Counter Flamethrower with Hydro Pump. Next, Blizzard, and finish with Toxic.

Elec Man EXE
19th February 2007, 01:32 PM
Round 7

Pre-Round
10% HP / 44% EP
Hydro Pump ~ Blizzard ~ Toxic

90% HP / 81% EP
Flamethrower ~ Dragonbreath ~ Thunderbolt

Battle
Round 7 has begun, and the trainers take a moment to think before issuing orders to their respective pokemon. Mist nods carefully, still shivering, while Jimmy weakly grunts in reply.

Definately approving of her trainers order to warm herself, Mist takes a deep breath. Through her slender body, she builds up a fiery energy, warming herself from the inside out as flames flicker between her jaws. With a cry, she blows out a stream of searing flames toward Jimmy, who looks to be preparing for his own attack. The red streak of fire speeds on, and overtakes the little water weed before he can put his plan into action. He grunts as the flames lick at his damp skin, then opens his lips and blasts a powerful stream of water. The aquatic flow extinguishes the flames in the immediate vicinity, and then starts to push through the fire back toward Dratini. Steam rises upward as the two elements collide. Mist keeps the heat on, but is quickly losing ground, her attack disadvantaged. As the strong hydronic flow nears, the flames dwindle, the little dragon feeling her built-up heat diminishing. Mist shuts her eyes just as the flames stop completely, and the rush of water splashes in her face, though the shimmering screen before her takes some of the energy. She rears back under the pressure, but holds her ground as the rush drenches her body. The water pressure keeps up for a brief while, then wanes until its a mere squirt. Mist shakes her head, flinging droplets to the ground, while Lotad groans and takes a moment to catch his breath.

Glancing back toward her opponent, Mist can sense that he's weakening. Intent on finishing quickly, she takes another breath, mouth glowing an emerald green before she blows out a concentrated burst of fire. This time, the flames are of pure dragon energy, giving them an ethereal glow. The ice below shimmers, reflecting the green light as the attack heads toward the injured Lotad. He cringes as the mythical energy hits him, flowing across his body. A numbing sensation mixes with the pain of the onrushing energy, and as the flow starts to lessen Jimmy feels his mind start to spin. His legs wobble, his entire body shakes, and then he collapses to the ground. Trying to push himself to his feet one last time, the little grass type whines and his eyes close, unconciousness setting in. Dratini exausts the flames and closes her mouth, then looks toward her trainer with a satisfied grin on her face.

Having fought a great battle, Hypotenuse Man pulls out Jimmy's pokeball and points it toward the fallen pokemon. An irridescent beam of red emits from the center, touching Jimmy and subsequently pulling him back into the device. The trainer clips the ball back to his belt, then reaches for a new one, while Lady Vulpix gives Mist a reassuring glance.

Post-Round
0% HP / 38% EP

85% HP / 71% EP

The Blue Avenger
19th February 2007, 08:20 PM
My next Pokemon is 599, my female Meowth.

599, dart in quickly with a Fake Out. Continue with Hypnosis, and finish by using Dream Eater if Dratini's asleep, or Icy Wind if not.

However, in case of Toxic or Thunder Wave, use Faint Attack for evasion purposes.

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 10:16 AM
599? That's quite an unusual name.

Ok, Mist, here's what we'll do. Use Double-Team first, then Toxic and then Flamethrower.

Elec Man EXE
8th March 2007, 01:12 PM
Sorry for the delay guys. Thanks for you're patience.

Round 8

Pre-Round
599http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr052.png(Female)
100% HP / 100% EP
Fake Out ~ Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater / Icy Wind
Sub: Faint Attack

85% HP / 71% EP
Double Team ~ Toxic ~ Flamethrower

Battle
Without missing a beat, Hypotenuse Man skillfully throws his next pokeball into the arena. The ball cracks open and a field of light pours out, taking a feline shape. As the light fades, a small Meowth is revealed. She purrs, scratching her ear and giving no notice to Mist. The little Dratini tilts her head, a bit suprised that her next opponent is so nonchallant. As the cat's trainer gives his commands, she suddenly comes becomes serious and nods to her trainer confidently, while Mist listens to her own orders and grunts in reply.

Though, to the little Dratini's confusion, 599 simply sits down and stares lazily off into space again. What a lazy cat... no matter, though. Mist knows what she needs to do, and intends to do it regardless of whether her opponent would rather take a nap. She closes her eyes and starts to concentrate, focusing her mind on creating the illusion. But thats the cue that the sneaky cat was waiting for. 599 gets on all fours, and dashes full speed at her focused opponent, using her claws and natural grace to avoid slipping on the icy ground. Within moments she nears the dragon, claws extended. Meowth delivers one swift downward swipe right to Mist's nose, leaving it branded with 3 red streaks, and then leaps back. The mystical pokemon shrieks, and flails her head about, hurt and stunned. The suprise of the attack coupled with the stinging strike leave her jumbled, and completing her commanded move is the last thing on her mind. 599 flashes a sly grin at the serpentine pokemon, who's eyes still bear a suprised look.

Trickery gained her the upper hand, and 599 intends to keep in stride and leave the opponent little chance to gain an advantage. But, keeping in mind her own defensive order, she opts to bide her time and let the opponent make the first move. Finally recovering from the suprise assault by Meowth, Mist's cheeks bulge as she starts to mix a toxic coctail in her mouth. Using chemicals and enzymes from within her body, she makes up a glob of highly poisonous goo. 599 acts swiftly, seeing a bit of the purple gunk leak from the dragon type's jaw. Her body becomes masked by a swirl of dark shadows, and she vanishes from view. Silently she approaches Dratini, who now has no target and a mass of poison between her jaws. Hoping for the best, Mist spits the blob toward the general area she last spotted the sleek cat. It splatters harmlessly on the ground, creating a bubbling puddle of dangerous poison, as 599 creeps up from the side. Her cream colored body reappears just as she hurls herself at Mist, ramming her. Dratini rolls and slides across the ice from the impact, grunting. When she recovers, she looks to the side to see 599 standing there, still wearing the same smug smile.

Feeling confident, 599 now uses her speed to excecute the first strike. She puckers her lips, building a small amount of frosty energy and then blows out a chilled wind, which whips across the already frozen ground. The frigid rush of air swirls around the dragon, once again chilling her body to the core, and creating a thin white layer of frost due to the Mist's damp skin. Shivering, and face showing her frustration, Mist takes a deep breath as energy surges through her body to the back of her throat, becomming superheated. Her mouth glows with a flickering orange light, the fiery power between her jaws building. The warmth radiates through her body, comforting her freezing skin. An annoyed cry accompanies the release of the fiery blast that rushes onward at Meowth. Stream of flames flowing over 599 and charring her fur, she lets out a shrill cry of pain. When Mist slowly closes her mouth at the end of the attack, she can't help but feel a bit better having finally landed a hit, while 599 cringes.

Though she sustained a powerful attack, 599 remains calm, knowing that she still has the upper hand. Mist scoffs at her opponent, feeling a bit peeved yet. Both of the trainers think carefully about Round 9, the outcome of the battle still in the air and both trainers hoping to snatch it.

Post-Round
91% HP / 88% EP

69% HP / 58% EP

Arena Status: Much of the ground now frozen, toxic puddle off to the side

Lady Vulpix
14th March 2007, 06:03 AM
Oops! It looks like I missed that post! Can I have some more time to send my attacks, please? I have to go to work soon.

The Blue Avenger
14th March 2007, 08:03 AM
No worries. Go ahead.

Lady Vulpix
19th March 2007, 08:20 AM
Alright, Mist, use Light Screen, then Safeguard and finally a Flamethrower.

Sorry for the delay, real life has a way of being extremely annoying sometimes.

The Blue Avenger
19th March 2007, 08:51 AM
Right-o, 599, start with a Hypnosis first thing. Next, if it works, move on to Toxic, or if it doesn't, Slash. Either way, finish with Iron Tail.

Hypnosis ~ Toxic/Slash ~ Iron Tail

Elec Man EXE
20th March 2007, 12:56 PM
Round 9

Pre-Round
91% HP / 88% EP
Hypnosis ~ Toxic / Slash ~ Iron Tail

69% HP / 58% EP
Light Screen ~ Safeguard ~ Flamethrower

Arena Status: Much of the ground now frozen, toxic puddle off to the side

Battle
The battle heads straight into Round Nine, and after carefully thinking, the trainers are ready to issue their commands. Each shouts a series of attacks to their respective pokemon, and Mist gives a silent nod while 599 meows in reply, and then the two turn to face each other.

Still feeling at ease, 599 conspires to make her opponent feel even more calm than she. The feline stares into Mist's eyes, and as she does her own eyes gain a violet sheen. Psionic waves radiate from her pupils, slowly spreading outward toward Dratini. Though she doesn't know exactly what the cat's up to since the waves are barely visible, she pays it little mind and instead focuses on her own defenses. Shutting her eyelids, Mist focuses her energy through her tail. The yellow glow streaks from her tail as she moves it forward, drawing a circle in front of her. It becomes filled in as the light seeps in from the edges, creating a protective layer. Having opened her eyes again to draw the circle, she starts to feel a bit drowsy, but as the light barrier becomes complete the screen distorts the rest of the hypnotic waves. Mist yawns, but isn't under the effects strong enough to lull her into sleeping. Seeing that her attack didn't quite work, 599 rolls her eyes. As before the screen fades, but remains in effect enough to offer some protection.

599 keeps up the pace, and she extends her claws and swiftly runs toward her serpentine opponent. With a hiss, Meowth leaps forward, pulling one forearm back as her nails glisten. Claws rake over flesh as 599 swipes her paw down Mist's chest viciously. The dragon type cries out, scrunching back like a coil and cringing. The attack leaves a reddened gash down her body, and a small bit of blood seeps from the wound. The cat stands with her arm still extended, then retracts her claws and steps back. Fighting the sting of her wound, Mist closes her eyes again, keeping on the defensive. Focusing her energies, a trio of glowing white stars form around the dragon. They spin quickly around while floating upward, leaving a shimmering dust in their wake. As they circle Dratini, her skin gains a light membrane. The bits of light disappear as they rise above Mist's head, having granted the mythical pokemon protection.

Now protected on dual fronts, Mist feels rather safe even after being inflicted with the painful scratch. But her opponent isn't about to let her feel too comforted. She raises her curled tail and focuses metallic energy over it. The steel power hardens her tail into an effective bludgeoning weapon. Meowth takes a few quick steps toward Mist, and then spins her body around. Her gleaming tail whips forward, smashing Mist in her already wounded chest and sending her tumbling to the side. She hits the ground and half rolls, half slides across the ice a few feet before coming to a stop. Righting herself, her face is scrunched in pain, but she grits her teeth and inhales. Fiery energy surges through her, concentrating in her open maw. Growling, she blows out a swift streak of fire toward the feline. 599 raises her paws against the incoming burst of fire, but the maneuver does little good as the flames hit her and rush over the Meowth's entire frame. The searing red stream flows over her, singeing the cat and prompting a shrill cry. Dratini clamps her mouth shut as the flames dwindle to nothing, and then groans in discomfort. 599 lets out a wimper, shaking her body and sending bits of burnt fur flying.

As both pokemon struggle against the pain inflicted, and the ice covering the floors of the arena slowly melts, the trainers try and come up with strategies to obtain victory and keep their pokemon in good shape. How the next round shapes up, only time will tell.

Post-Round
82% HP / 72% EP

50% HP / 41% EP
Status: Screened (1 round), Safeguarded (2 rounds), gashed and bruised stomach, hurting

Arena Status: Ground still slightly frozen, but quickly melting

Lady Vulpix
5th April 2007, 06:28 AM
Is this still on? Whose turn is it now?

Elec Man EXE
5th April 2007, 09:57 AM
I do believe its Mr. Hypotenuse's turn first.

The Blue Avenger
5th April 2007, 02:14 PM
Whoops, sorry 'bout that. Totally slipped my mind. I'll get my attacks up soon; right now I'm packing to go home for the weekend. ^^;

The Blue Avenger
6th April 2007, 02:45 PM
Okay, 599, start by using Faint Attack to disappear from view and attack, then as you reappear, quickly use Slash. Next, force some distance with Shadow Ball.

Faint Attack ~ Slash ~ Shadow Ball

Subs: Use Faint Attack to evade Toxic or Thunder Wave.

Lady Vulpix
6th April 2007, 05:48 PM
Ok, Mist, use Shock Wave to prevent her from escaping, then use Dragonbreath and finally Thunderbolt.

Elec Man EXE
10th April 2007, 11:55 AM
Round 10

Pre-Round
82% HP / 72% EP
Faint Attack ~ Slash ~ Shadow Ball

50% HP / 41% EP
Status: Screened (1 round), Safeguarded (2 rounds), gashed and bruised stomach, hurting
Shock Wave ~ Dragonbreath ~ Thunderbolt

Arena Status: Ground still slightly frozen, but quickly melting

Battle
Ready as ever, the two pokemon stare at their trainers as they recive orders for Round 10. Each gives a confident cry of reply, though Meowth moreso, and they get right back at one another.

Moving with feline swiftness, 599 quickly lets her body meld into the shadows. As she enters the realm of darkness, she starts to creep toward her mystical opponent on all fours, careful not to make a sound. Mist has a plan for dealing with the disappearing act this time, however, and sparks start to build over her lavender skin. Meowth pays no heed, confident in her foe's inability to hit what she can't see. But she gets a nasty suprise as Dratini flicks her tail forward, sending the sparks out not in a concentrated stream, but in a wide scattering. The array of small electrical bolts create a pratical web of current, and as the electricity quickly rushes outward 599 gets a painful shock. She cries out as the shock surges over her body, but quickly silences herself when Mist perks up her ears and looks straight at her. The cat shakes off the pain and flees to the side as Mist stares at the place she heard the cry. Meowth reappears from the darkness, shadows encircling her as she leaps forward and rams into the dragon from the side. Knocked over by the blow, Dratini twists herself upright, face scrunched in pain.

599 smiles as she moves in for her next attack without delay. Mist turns to face the cat just in time to see her pull back one paw, claws extended fully. Hissing, Meowth swipes her paw across the serpent's chest, viciously cutting into her with white nails. Squealing, the dragon pokemon pulls back and throws her head upward, crying as blood seeps slowly from the wound. But she soon lowers her head, eyes slit with determination. Drawing in a breath, Mist summons the very essence of her being from within. Her lips pucker as she vengefully blows out a streak of emerald flames at the sneaky normal type. The stream smashes into 599's chest, forcing her to stagger back under the force. The blast of dragonic energy causes tingling rather than burning, but it proves painful either way. 599 grips her stomach as the green fire disperses and the tingling fades, while Mist breaths heavily and groans softly in pain.

Recovering quickly from the biting dragon attack, 599 takes her hands off her stomach and holds them up opposite one another. Her fingers curl as she starts to gather ethereal power from the other realm. The blob of energy matches the color of her body, throbbing as it becomes an ever larger sphere of power. Mist is gathering energy for her own attack, again enshrouded with electrical current, though this time a much stronger one. Both pokemon race to gather power, but Meowth wins this race. Feeling the orb reaching critical levels, she moves one hand behind it and flings it toward Dratini. The dragon braces herself as the pulsing ball flies at her, and screws her eyes shut as the powerful negative energy explodes on contact. Even though her fading Light Screen absorbs some of the blast, the ethereal power rushes through her body and causes a great deal of pain to her internal structure. Through the blast, she doggedly retains her electrical charge, and as the last of the ghostly energy radiates she takes a few seconds to finish the charge. With a cry, Mist fires the electricity at Meowth, who takes the bolt dead on. Electricity arcs between the two, 599 crying out as the high voltage surge stings her entire form. Her eyes remain shut for a moment even after the arc is severed.

As the round closes, 599 opens her eyes and looks her opponent over. Mist's breathing is labored, fatigue starting to set in, but she shows no signs of giving up the fight as she waits for her trainer. Scheming to crush the dragon's resolve, Meowth scratches at her ear as the round closes.

Post-Round
62% HP / 56% EP

28% HP / 26% EP
Status: Safeguarded (1 round), badly wounded stomach, tiring but determined

Arena Status: Ground melted and a bit damp

Lady Vulpix
6th May 2007, 09:36 AM
Sorry for the delay.

Mist, use Thunder Wave, then Dragon Rush and retreat to build a new Light Screen.

The Blue Avenger
6th May 2007, 10:08 AM
Okay, 599, use Faint Attack to evade the Thunder Wave. Next, as Mist attacks, use Hypnosis. If it works, use Dream Eater to follow up; otherwise, as she's building the Light screen, nail her with Night Slash.

Elec Man EXE
18th May 2007, 02:50 PM
Been a while and I forgot about this battle, thanks the LV for the reminder.

Round 11

Pre-Round
62% HP / 56% EP
Faint Attack ~ Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater / Night Slash

28% HP / 26% EP
Status: Safeguarded (1 round), badly wounded stomach, tiring but determined
Thunder Wave ~ Dragon Rush ~ Light Screen

Arena Status: Ground melted and a bit damp

Battle
One pokemon has a clear advantage over the other, but the trainers know anything can happen and think carefully on their attacks. Moments later they issue their attacks, the feline and dragon each giving a cry in acknowledgement.

Upon hearing her trainers orders, Mist immedietly begins to spark. Electricity crawls over her indigo skin, focusing on the small horn... gem... thing on her head. Moments later she releases a web of thin, electrical tendrils towards a waiting 599. The cat gives a quick grin, then disappears from view, entering the realm of shadows effortlessly. The crackling net of sparks finds no target and cuts onward through the empty air, eventually dissipating. Mist growls with frustration, and Meowth smirks with glee as she creeps unseen toward the dragon. The only clue Dratini gets is a hiss from behind, as 599 reappears swathed in darkness and slams into her before she can whip around. Mist tumbles forward, letting out an injured yelp as she falls to the ground. Still grinning, the normal type watches as her snake-like opponent riggles to an upright position and glares back.

The rage in the dragon's eyes, and the greenish dragon energy beginning to engulf her body, has 599 understandably worried. Thinking quickly, she locks her gaze with Mist, eyes shimmering a deep purple. She sends out waves of psionic suggesting, trying to lull Dratini into a deep slumber. But the dragon is still protected by the faint glow of Safeguard, which prevents the psychic ripples from effecting the magestic pokemon at all. Meowth keeps at it, and her opponent sees the opportunity and seizes it. Dragonic aura violently swirling around her body, Mist coils up her tail and flings herself at the cat. With a crack, the two collide, and 599 shrieks as he energy causes a sharp sting upon impact. The contact lasts only a second, and Meowth is then thrown by the strike. She lands on her back and lies there, head swimming from the strong blow. Mist lands solid on the ground and absorbs the remaining emerald energy back into her slender body.

With 599 still a bit shaken and stunned, Mist wastes no time in putting her defenses back up. Her eyes glint, and her tail glows bright yellow as she uses it to draw a glowing screen in front of her. The screen shines as though made out of light, webbed honeycomb shape promising to block out any energy trying to pass through. As she completes the screen, Mist sees the small Meowth leap to her feet. The cat raises both paws, holding one over the other and focusing. They turn from white to an inky black color as darkness shrouds them, and then 599 rushes toward the dragon, eyes slit. Mist braces herself and closes her eyes, ready for the inevitable sting of claws. With a cry, Meowth swipes one paw across the dragon's body, yielding a shriek before the normal type's second paw whips across, shadowy nails digging in and causing another streaking wound. The swipes cut straight across Mist's previous wounds, inflicting deeper pain on her. 599 looks on as Dratini writhes in pain, getting increasingly weaker and more injured.

Even despite the sharp sting from her wounds and with think streaks of blood trickling down her body, Mist isn't about to give up. She fights off the pain and turns toward her trainer, while 599 stands conceited and merely waits for her orders to a victory that she feels is assured.

Post-Round
52% HP / 44% EP

13% HP / 14% EP
Status: Screened (2 rounds), body gashed deeply, tired and aching but unwilling to concede

Arena Status: Ground is slightly damp

The Blue Avenger
19th May 2007, 04:50 PM
Good, 599, keep it up. Start with Fake Out, then hit Mist with Icy Wind. Finish with another Night Slash. However, avoid status changing moves with Faint Attack.

Fake Out ~ Icy Wind ~ Night Slash

Lady Vulpix
20th May 2007, 05:08 PM
Ok, Mist, use Wrap first to prevent 599 from escaping again and then shoot Toxic at her. If it doesn't help now, it may help later. Then use Dragon Rush.

Elec Man EXE
23rd May 2007, 02:47 PM
Round 11

Pre-Round
52% HP / 44% EP
Fake Out ~ Icy Wind ~ Night Slash

13% HP / 14% EP
Status: Screened (2 rounds), body gashed deeply, tired and aching but unwilling to concede
Wrap ~ Toxic ~ Dragon Rush

Battle
The two pokemon continue to face off, though one is getting quite weak. Each trainer issues 3 commands, to which their pokemon give nods.

To start off the round, Meowth stands poised for a moment. She then gets down on all fours and charges full speed straight for her wounded opponent. Mist has little time to do anything before 599 is right in her face, suprising her with the speed. The feline deals a swift but not particularly powerful tackle to Dratini, who staggers back a bit and groans. Even the light attack takes a toll on her weakening body. Despite the suprise blow, Mist is ready for her own attack. With Meowth close at hand, it proves a rather easy task for the dragon to whip her tail around, grabbing onto 599's arm. She subsequently wraps her serpentine body around Meowth, making sure to get a good grasp. The cat struggles, but Mist holds firm and squeezes down on her foe. She's not going anywhere, Dratini thinks to herself, even as the cat keeps on wriggling.

Trapped in the dragon's grip, 599 is about to catch her with a frosty blast at point blank range in attempts to free herself. But she see's Mist's cheeks puff out as she draws chemicals from her body. Meowth recognizes the attack and definately does not want to get hit by it. She squirms as she cloaks her body with shadows, but it doesn't make any difference whether she's visible or not. The dragon has her trapped, and the vanishing act will do little to help her. Mist can't see her opponent, but she can feel her trying to worm her way free, and with a bit of toxin dripping from her mouth she spews the nasty purple concoction right onto Meowth's face. Her concentration lost, 599 reappears suddenly as she lets out a shriek, shaking her head in attempt to get rid of the gunk. In vain she tries to free her arms to swat the toxic poison away, but Mist holds firm. The poisons enter Meowth's pores, seeping into her bloodstream and then flowing througout her body, causing a stinging sensation along the way. Unfortunately for Mist, some of the gloppy substance also leaks down from 599 and touches her own body, being drawn into her vital systems the same way as 599, though with lesser intensity. The dragon grits her teeth and whimpers, while Meowth still cries.

With her opponent still firmly grasped, Dratini runs into a bit of a problem. Smashing into your opponent with force while holding them is... well, rather impossible, especially without arms. So she releases her grasp on Meowth and jumps back, immedietly starting to draw dragon energy for the attack. 599 shakes her arms, happy to be free and ready to get some revenge for the nasty spit attack. Against her feline instinct to clean the remaining gunk from her face, she forces dark energy through her claws, letting out a hiss as she leaps at Mist. She wants some revenge for messing up her face, so she aims the attack right back at the dragons nose. Claws pulsing with darkness, 599 rakes one paw right down Dratini's snout, following up with her second paw to make a jagged cross shape across the dragon's face. Mist, already glowing with power, cries out with great pain, coiling back against the sting of darkness-enhanced nails. She is almost overwhelmed by the attack, but just manages to keep concious. The arena is starting to spin as she weakens, but doggedly sets her sights on Meowth. Enshrouded by dragon energy, the serpent flings herself forward, bashing 599 in the gut with a fierce tackle. The feline finds herself knocked off her feet and slamming hard into the ground again. She covers her chest with one hand and gets to her feet, then notices Dratini looking woozy and wimpering.

The two lock gazes one last time before Mist shudders, then drops her head to the ground, and slowly her eyes close. Though she withstood the direct attack, the poison that entered her body was just too much for the small dragon. 599 grins widely, though the toxins filtering through her own body diminish the victory some. The cat waits for the inevitable release of her next opponent, as Lady Vulpix reaches down for Mist's pokeball.

Post-Round
36% HP / 35% EP

0% HP / 3% EP

Lady Vulpix sends and attacks, then Hypotenus Man attacks

Lady Vulpix
25th May 2007, 09:41 AM
Alright, let's see if Ruby can handle this.

*Sends out Ruby (female Vulpix).*

Ruby, start off with a Confuse Ray, then use Sunny Day and Flamethrower, but if you see a status-changing move evade it with a Faint Attack.

The Blue Avenger
25th May 2007, 10:26 AM
Okay 599, start by using Shock Wave with your eyes shut to avoid Confuse Ray. Next, use Sing. If it works, finish with Dream Eater; otherwise, try and evade with Faint Attack.

Blind Shock Wave ~ Sing ~ Dream Eater/Faint Attack

Elec Man EXE
31st May 2007, 03:40 PM
Sorry for the wait... again. :sorry:

Round 12

Pre-Round
36% HP / 35% EP
Shock Wave ~ Sing ~ Dream Eater / Faint Attack

Rubyhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffb/dpffb037.png(Female)
100% HP / 100% EP
Confuse Ray ~ Sunny Day ~ Flamethrower

Battle
Giving her fallen dragon a gentle nod, Lady Vulpix raises her ball and pulls her back into it via a crimson beam. As Dratini turns to energy and is drawn in, the trainer returns the ball and grasps a new one. She pulls her arm back and chucks the ball into the arena, and it rolls along the ground then opens. The flash of light releases a small red fox, and the little Vulpix whips her tails about and gives a yelp. 599 faces down her new opponent and nods carefully as her trainer gives orders, and Ruby's trainer does the same.

First to act, Meowth wastes little time in following her orders exactly. She closes her eyes tightly, hoping to block out whatever tricks the fox has in store for her. In the meantime, she also starts to build up a static charge across her cream colored fur. While small streaks of electricity dance over her, Ruby crouches down as her eyes gain a shimmering white sheen. The fox gives a quiet cry, and looses a translucent stream of light from her pupils. The wavering burst of light makes direct contact with 599, but the cat's strategy is sound, and she doesn't see anything but a slight increase in the light through her eyelids. Still entirely coherent, the feline outstretches one arm and guides the barrage of bolts in a wide area toward where Vulpix was last. Each tiny spark flies swiftly through the air, many of them crashing into Ruby's body. She wimpers a little each time she recieves a jolt, hitting all over her body and seemingly endless. In a short time it does stop however, and the fire type shakes off the numbing stings and looks with annoyance at Meowth.

599 opens her eyes only to find the fox looking intently at her. She's understandably a bit nervous, and decides to attempt a little something to calm her opponent. Turning her gaze away from Ruby, Meowth opens her mouth and starts to meow a gentle tune. Though cats aren't usually revered for their singing, the music flows across the arena rather pleasently. At first Vulpix is a bit taken aback, but she soon starts to fall under the effect of the calming song. Her annoyance seems to melt away, and her eyelids start to droop. Listening intently, her mind starts to drift, and soon she lies down. Placing her head on her paws, she lets out a content sigh and falls into a calm sleep. Meowth keeps singing for a few moments then stops, bearing a wicked grin.

And keeping that same grin, she quietly creeps up on the slumbering fire type. Reaching her, she extends both of her paws and places them on either side of Ruby's head. She takes the utmost care, so as not to wake her from sleep. 599's eyes then turn a ghostly shade of purple, and she reaches deep into the fox's subconcious with an ethereal force. With Ruby asleep, Meowth is able to enter without resistance, and starts to drain away part of her life force through her dreams. Beads of energy form on the surface of Vulpix's head, and are then drawn into 599's waiting paws. The sneaky cat keeps at it for a few seconds, then removes her hands and steps back. The cat is starting to feel a bit tired herself, and her breathing is a bit labored.

Though feeling rejuvinated by draining the sleeping fox, Meowth gets a reminder of Mist's final gift as she feels the poison, still working its way through her body and causing more and more pain as time goes on. She covers her mouth to muffle her whines and avoid waking Vulpix, who still sits calmly before her.

Post-Round
37% HP / 20% EP

85% HP / 100% EP

Arena Status: Ground dry

The Blue Avenger
31st May 2007, 05:56 PM
Now, 599, use Toxic. Then chill. If Ruby wakes up, use Night Slash until the round ends.

Toxic ~ chill/Night Slash ~ chill/Night Slash

Lady Vulpix
1st June 2007, 06:15 AM
I guess I don't have much of a choice. Sleep Talk until Ruby wakes up, then Confuse Ray and, if the round isn't over yet, Flamethrower.

A pokemon can't be asleep and poisoned at the same time, right?

The Blue Avenger
1st June 2007, 10:25 AM
In ASB, they can.

Lady Vulpix
2nd June 2007, 08:35 PM
ASB is evil.

Elec Man EXE
6th June 2007, 12:29 PM
No. Hypotenuse Man is evil ;)

Round 13

Pre-Round
37% HP / 20% EP
Toxic ~ Relax / Night Slash ~ Relax / Night Slash

85% HP / 100% EP
Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk
Sub: Confuse Ray / Flamethrower

Battle
While Vulpix sleeps soundly, her trainer shouts her orders to her. Oddly she doesn't wake, but hears the commands even while sleeping. Opposite Lady Vulpix, the dastardly Hypotenuse Man gives his own orders to Meowth, who nods quickly.

Giving her opponent little time to escape, 599 immedietly starts to draw chemicals from her body. The cat mixes the liquids in her mouth, ignoring the foul taste. A thick, acidic gunk is formed, and 599's cheeks puff up before she spews the globby mess at the sleeping Vulpix. The little orange fox stirs and wimpers as the toxic goo splatters over her back, and starts to work its way into her body. Even the burning of the poison entering her bloodstream isn't enough to wake her from her sleep, but even so she starts to mumble something incoherent. She suddenly lifts her head toward Meowth, who looks on curiously. Then without warning she blows out a thin stream of fire, which hits the ground just in front of 599. The streak of flames twists and spins, soon turning into a full-blown twister of fire as Ruby keeps feeding the flames. Against her best efforts, 599 gets trapped as it expands, the heat licking at her body from every angle and enticing a shrill shriek. Her attack done, Ruby drops her head back down onto her paws and continues her nap, while Meowth continues to feel the heat.

Fairly certain that her opponent is still sleeping as she catches brief glimpses through the wall of flames, 599 does her best to relax herself and let her body recover from the intensifying fatigue. Not an easy feat when trapped within a fiery vortex, flames swirling all around you, and she doesn't recover nearly as well as she would unhindered, but she does manage to get a bit of much needed rest. Meanwhile Ruby starts to talk to herself again, and though still asleep, she gets to her feet. She widens her stance and takes a defensive position against incoming attacks, for all the good it does seeing as how there aren't any. After a few seconds of bracing herself, her eyes start to open. She yawns and looks around, still a bit drowsy. Her gaze quickly falls on the spinning flames, and she wonders just how the heck that got there, but then she sees 599 trapped within and remembers the battle. Instinctively she growls at the cat. Meowth hears it and opens her eyes, the two locking gazes.

And now that the little fire beast is awake, its time for Meowth to go on the offensive. But the spinning fire barrier is going to be a bit of a problem. The cat thinks for a moment, then resolves herself to break free. The flames are already weakening, and she thinks she should be able to break out. Covering her face with her paws, she dashes straight at the wall with haste. The flames cause her to cringe and cry out as she passes through them, but she does indeed manage to get loose. She keeps on running as she lowers her sooty arms, only to see Ruby already preparing her own attack. The fox's eyes are glowing with a gentle white glow, and she looks straight at the rushing kitty. A wavering beam is released from her pupils and hits Meowth in moments, though all the cat saw was a white flash from Ruby's eyes. The attack is quick and only lasts a second, but it leaves Meowth completely scattered. 599's rush slows as she staggers about, and then she starts to see a scratching post beside Ruby. Oh, what to do... attack the fox, or get the scratching post. The latter wins out, and she raises her claws and lets the shadows build upon them. Ignoring Vulpix, 599 brings her shadow-laden claws to bear on the imaginary pole, grinning. What Ruby and the trainers see is the cat smiling like an idiot while cutting her claws into thin air.

Ruby can't help but giggle at the sight of her opponent. But she soon becomes aware of a growing pain inside her, and though she isn't sure how it happened, she's sure 599 had something to do with it. Glaring at the feline, she waits for her orders anxiously. Meowth has an even more intense pain as it continues to strengthen, and as the scratching post mysteriously disappears she yelps in pain.

Post-Round
22% HP / 15% EP

83% HP / 91% EP

Lady Vulpix
7th June 2007, 05:40 PM
Facade, then Faint Attack and Flamethrower.

The Blue Avenger
7th June 2007, 05:53 PM
This looks like the end, 599. Use Faint Attack three times, and try to use them for evasion as much as you can as well.

Elec Man EXE
18th June 2007, 03:03 PM
Round 14

Pre-Round
22% HP / 15% EP
Faint Attack ~ Faint Attack ~ Faint Attack

83% HP / 91% EP
Facade ~ Faint Attack ~ Flamethrower

Battle
The start of the 14th Round pits 2 pokemon in vastly different shape against one another. Both trainers keep their focus on the battle and shout their strategy for the round. Vulpix gives a confident nod, but Meowth still ambles aimlessly.

Hoping to take advantage of her tainted status, Ruby taps into a power fuelled by the negative status. Her body starts to radiate a peculiar energy as she starts her charge toward 599. The fox hopes to attack her while the cat is vulnerable, but Meowth manages to fight past the confusion momentarily, and eyes the approaching fire pokemon. With a mischevious meow, the feline lets the familiar shadows embrace her once more, and the whispy dark energy masks her from sight and pulls her into a dark plane. Ruby skids to a stop, target gone. She eagerly looks around, struggling to keep the energy around her from dwindling. 599 stalks her way through the shadows, making her way behind Vulpix and preparing to pounce. She leaps at Ruby from behind, reappearing with a few stray shadows still encircling her. As the two collide, 599 gets a bit of a shock as the energy surrounding Vulpix stings at her, but Ruby gets knocked forward by the strike. Losing control of the energy, the 6-tailed pokemon quickly gets to her feet and turns to her opponent, anger on her face. Meowth grins, even though she did sustain minor damage.

Soon, however, the cat's smile turns to an open mouth, as she suddenly finds herself gripped by illusions again. This time, a tasty fish appears in front of her, and 599 quickly pounces on it. She starts gnawing at the "fish", while Ruby stands there in awe watching the rediculous cat snapping her jaws at nothing. She chuckles as she closes her eyes and beckons to the shadows much like her foe often did. Disappearing into the realm of darkness, she quietly sneaks up on 599, though with the cat so occupied with her "prize" she could have bounded up in plain site and it would have made little difference. Even so, she emerges, clouds of darkness still clinging to her skin, and crashes head first into the normal type's back. 599 topples forward, her fish being thrown from her grip and splattering on the floor in front of her. She gets to her feet, whining, but then the fish vanishes. Thinking it to be the work of the demonic fox, Meowth ignores the pain and turns to Vulpix with a look of rage on her face.

With revenge in mind, 599 disappears in a poof of darkness once again. Ruby waits patiently, knowing that the cat will have to come out some time, and then she can nail her. It doesn't take very long, Meowth moving quickly and aggressively. She reappears beside Ruby and hisses, before she deals a solid tackle to the fire pokemon. Vulpix tumbles to the side, but catches herself skillfully, and takes in a deep breath. In the back of her throat, a small flame flares up, illuminating her jaws. She cries out as she expells the hot stream at her feline adversary. Quickly overcome by the onrush of fire, 599 shrieks. The flames sear at her hide and fur, blackening her further and leaving her wailing. As the last few streaks of flame die down, 599 stands there with her eyes screwed shut in pain, though just managing to stay concious. Ruby looks a bit suprised that she's not out.

But that doesn't last very long. Just as Meowth think's she's safe until next round, the poison in her body starts to surge painfully once more. The sting circling through her veins is overwhelming, and she starts to feel quite woozy. Then, without warning, she simply collapses into a sooty heap on the ground. Ruby is struggling with intoxication herself, but to a lesser degree, and she fights it off and opens her eyes to find her opponent fallen. TBA gives a nod at the feline's valiant efforts and reaches down for the normal type's pokeball, as the round closes with only 1 pokemon standing.

Post-Round
0% HP / 6% EP

70% HP / 77% EP
Status: Intoxicated, happy to have finally taken her foe out

Hypotenus Man sends and attacks, Lady Vulpix counterattacks

The Blue Avenger
18th June 2007, 06:46 PM
I'll be using my Krabby, Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh, use Ancientpower to start, and follow through with Bubblebeam. Finish with Water Pulse. However, close your eyes to evade Confuse Ray, and counter any Toxics with a Toxic of your own.

Lady Vulpix
25th June 2007, 06:31 PM
If you don't mind, I'll post my moves... once you've rated my story at the Battle Range.

Elec Man EXE
5th July 2007, 11:35 AM
I'll be gone for a good while on vacation. Check the Absence Tower for more details.

Anyway, I've made a request in the reffing tower for a sub-ref in the meantime. Hopefully something turns up, I'd hate to leave you two hanging for so long, even if I haven't exactly been active lately. If the battle isn't finished, I'll pick it back up when I get back.

Lady Vulpix
24th July 2007, 05:07 PM
Sorry for the delay. -_-' I have some questions but I'll post my attacks first to make up for my long absence. The truth is I've been too busy to even check the ASB forum. Sorry about that.

Ok, to whoever is reffing, thanks in advance.

Ruby, start off with a Will-o-Wisp, then use Double-Team and throw an Energy Ball at Gilgamesh.

Two questions: can Toxic poisoning get worse if the pokemon comes into contact with more poison? And Gilgamesh is male, right? (The name suggests so, but Jeff hasn't said anything).

The Blue Avenger
24th July 2007, 10:38 PM
The first question varies by ref, and Gilgamesh is in fact male.

Pichu Luver
3rd September 2007, 11:06 PM
I'll pick this up for you two. I'll ref tomorrow though as it's getting kind of late. As for your question Lady Vulpix, um I'm going to say no. If you are just poisoned but not Toxiced then yeah it can get worse, but personally, I wouldn't double a Toxic.

Pichu Luver
4th September 2007, 04:16 PM
Well now that I've given my Dad a very nice laugh (I was jumping up and down in the kitchen trying to see into the top self) by whacking my head into a pot with the impressive dong sound; I think I'll try and regain some dignity by posting this.

-~*Hypotenuse Man VS Lady Vulpix*~-

Round Sixteen
Three on Three
------*3/3~3/3*------

Disqualification Time: One Week.

Banned Moves: Direct recovery (eg, Recover, not Giga Drain), Attract.

Arena: Final Destination.

Pokémon

Gilgamesh Krabby ♂
Trained by: Hypotenuse Man
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
-:Attacks:-
Ancient Power/Bubblebeam/Water Pulse

~~~~~~

Ruby Vulpix ♀
Trained by: Lady Vulpix
HP: 70%
Energy: 77%
Status: Happy to have finally taken her foe out. Toxiced, 3% next round.
Will-O-Wisp/Double Team/Energy Ball

http://www.freewebs.com/river_eruannon/Hypo%20VS%20LV.bmp

------******------

Ruby looks over to Hypotenuse as he tosses another Pokéball. This time the glowing white light forms into a Krabby. He snaps his claws together and looks very pleased to get a chance to battle. He skitters from side to side as he listens to his orders, the Vulpix glaring at him, looking for weaknesses.

Her orders received she takes a deep breath and holds in the flame, letting it get hotter and hotter. Finally, she exhales a very thin steam of blue-white flames. They are extremely hot and as they wash over Gilgamesh he screeches as his crayfish skin blisters and gets some very serious burns. Every movement is agony, but thankfully this attack requires little moving. He reaches down into the floor with his mind and rips up giant chunks of it. Ruby looks on in awe and fear that a little creature like Gilgamesh can do such things. The hover there for a moment before Gilgamesh yells and flings them all at Ruby. She tries to get out of the way, but the rocks smash into her. She yelps and cries out as they hit her, not getting up for a moment. Slowly, whimpering all the way, she struggles to her feet, glowering at Gilgamesh.

Not, wanting any more pain, Ruby closes her eyes and splits her image off into four copies, running about with them until Gilgamesh has no idea, which one is the real Ruby. He shakes his claw at them all and turns and turns, looking for any hint. Finding none he picks one and forms a lot of bubbles in his mouth before spewing them out at a very rapid rate. They soar through the air, and while the first few pop on collision, the rest keep right on going and off into the abyss. The rest of the doubles vanish and Guilgamesh grumbles while Ruby smirks, revealing herself all the way to his 4'oclock position.

Now that he knows where she is though he summons up a ball of water, making it grow in size until it is as large as a beach ball. He screeches loud and high as he sends it off, hoping for some statusie fun. Ruby hasn't been idle though; she has been calling upon nature and gathering energy from her, to defeat this most evil foe. She sends her attack, a bright green ball just as Gilgamesh sends his. The two attacks smash into one another, the Energy Ball smashes right through the water ball, disrupting the noise in the collision. A few tendrils of energy are ripped off, but it is mostly intact. Gilga waves his claws in fear, but before he can even move the attacks bowls him over, sends him skidding back with the impact. This does nothing to help his burns. While Ruby has been looking increasing queasy all round.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Gilgamesh Krabby ♂
HP: 87%
Energy: 90%

~~~~~~

Ruby Lady Vulpix ♀
HP: 55%
Energy: 65%

Gilgamesh was hurt 10%(5% x 2) from the Energy Ball.
Gilgamesh was fatigued 4% for Ancient Power, 3% for Bubblebeam and 3% for Water Pulse.

Ruby was hurt 12%(6% x 2) from Ancient Power.
Ruby was fatigued 2% for Will-O-Wisp, 4% for Double Team and 6% for Energy Ball.

Note: I keep wanting to write Gil-galad when writing Gilgamesh --'''

Lady Vulpix posts attacks first.

Lady Vulpix
9th September 2007, 05:11 PM
Ruby, use Captivate, or Disable if Gilgamesh tries to use a SE move, then use Faint Attack followed by Extrasensory.

The Blue Avenger
9th September 2007, 06:23 PM
Gilgamesh, we're gonna try an interesting strategy. Use Amnesia to forget the effect Captivate had on you. If it works, use a Bubblebeam and a Water Pulse; if it doesn't, use Swords Dance and Crabhammer.

Amnesia ~ Bubblebeam/Swords Dance ~ Water Pulse/Crabhammer

Pichu Luver
16th September 2007, 03:38 PM
*kicks computer* It has yet to be fixed but it is working . . . somewhat. *grumbles*.

Now about Hypo's attack . . . This will be a long answer so bare with me. This was the most confusing attack use EVER for me as; the in-game attack and anime are completely different. And the ASB list is yet different from either Oo'''. For now I'm going to say no. Why is because:

In the anime it just froze the Poké, and did not make him forget anything.
The attack list says it makes the Poké you're using it on forget the attack it just used.

Both were offensive. In the game, it is used on yourself to 'forget about something and sharply raise SD'. So technically, if I were going by the game, I would say yes, you could use it that way. *sigh*

So yeah I'm going to say no as two out of three it was used offensively. If you guys are disagreeing on this, just yell at me and ask Chris/TML. Lol, right now, it looks like Gilgamesh is just going to forget how to use Amnesia. --''' I think this attack needs to be looked over again. oo'''

Round Seventeen
Three on Three
------*3/3~3/3*------

Pokémon

Gilgamesh Krabby ♂
HP: 87%
Energy: 90%
Amnesia/Sword Dance/Crabhammer

~~~~~~

Ruby Lady Vulpix ♀
HP: 55%
Energy: 65%
Captivate/Faint Attack/Extrasensory

------******------

After that nasty attack, Gilga would like to get some revenge but right now, Ruby is looking mighty interesting. Ruby is doing her utmost to get his attention and make him think happy pleasant thoughts about her. Gilga is looking a little glazed about the eyes. No, he doesn't think he will do any amount of damage to her, she is just . . . so . . . pretty . . . Ruby smirks, pleased with herself. Gilga thinks over his attack, and since it is going to do absolutely no damage to Ruby he is ok with it. He plays mind games with himself and . . . what exactly did he just do? He has absolutely no idea.

Well anyway, Ruby truns to the right and slips into the netherworld. Gilga is slightly saddened she left but he has to do other things right now. Just as he is focusing his mind, Ruby comes and slams him from the left. He tumbles and skids, before finally getting his claws dug in and stops. He flips over, rather closer to the edge then he would like. He focuses once again on his inner being. He pumps up his attack, knowing just what he has to do to get a good hit in.

He looks up, just in time to see a beam of purple light headed for him. He gurgles in fear as he is slammed by the attack. He tries desperately to stop skidding and as the attack fades he slides to a stop only a few feet from the edge. He shakes his claw at Ruby who smirks. He gurgles some more, scampering at her sideways as fast as he can manage (which honestly is nothing to write home about). He reaches her and starts bashing his claw into her repeatedly. She yelps and tries leap away but he just keeps coming, hitting her until he thinks it is enough.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Gilgamesh Krabby ♂
HP: 71%
Status: Annoyed. Burned, 3% a round. Captivated {SA -2}. Forgotten Amnesia, {SD +2}. Focused. {ATT +1}

~~~~~~

Ruby Lady Vulpix ♀
HP: 30%
Energy: 52%

Gilgamesh was hurt 6% for Faint Attack, and 6% for Extrasensory.
Gilgamesh was fatigued 4% for Amnesia, 4% from Sword Dance and 5% for Crabhammer.

Ruby was hurt 20%(9% + 1%% x 2) from Crabhammer.
Ruby was fatigued 3% for Captivate, 4% for Faint Attack and 6% for Extrasensory.

Hypotenuse Man posts attacks first.

The Blue Avenger
16th September 2007, 03:54 PM
Gilgamesh, focus on getting closer to the center of the stage. If Ruby tries to block you, muscle your way through with Strength. Next, attack more with Crabhammer, and finish with Slam.

Intercept Toxic with a Toxic of your own, and close your eyes versus Confuse Ray.

Move/Strength ~ Crabhammer ~ Slam
Subs: Toxic, shut eyes

By the way, I was using the manga's definition of Amnesia, where a Pokemon could forget a blow and keep on going. But the matter's entirely up to the ref, so don't worry about a thing.

Lady Vulpix
16th September 2007, 06:28 PM
Ruby's already badly poisoned, would more Toxic make any difference?

Ruby, use Toxic and then Dig (assuming the arena is diggable, it wasn't clearly described).

The Blue Avenger
16th September 2007, 06:30 PM
My intent was to fire a Toxic at the enemy's Toxic, hopefully firing it out of the air, or at least knocking it off its trajectory.

Lady Vulpix
16th September 2007, 06:33 PM
Ah, ok.

Pichu Luver
23rd September 2007, 09:13 PM
There's another definition of it? Oo''' Gah confusion is the name of the game here it would seem, heh.

Round Eighteen
Three on Three
------*3/3~3/3*------

Pokémon

Gilgamesh Krabby ♂
HP: 71%
Status: Annoyed. Burned, 3% a round. Captivated {SA -2}. Forgotten Amnesia, {SD +2}. Focused. {ATT +1}
Toxic/Crab Hammer/Slam

~~~~~~

Ruby Lady Vulpix ♀
HP: 30%
Energy: 52%
Toxic/Dig

------******------

Both Poké's are glaring metaphoric daggers at each other, while trying to nurse their wounds. Hearing that they at least don't have to stir much for their next move, they are pleased. Even if it does mean upset stomachs all round. They turn their attentions inward and think all manner of queasy things, getting their stomach to roll and gurgle. As to what they thought, I'll leave that up to you, but before long their stomach were full of unpleasantness. They glared one last time at each other and spat the spew at one another. It smacked in midair and the bulk of it plopped to the ground with a few drops flying everywhere. It missed both Poké's and they hastily moved away from it.

Now Ruby turned her attention to the platform and began to dig furiously at it. It was not like dirt but rather like some sort of wet sand. It wasn't wet but cool to the touch and came away in a pile as clumps. Gilgamesh skittled sideways toward her, his claw rose again, but he was much to slow. He slammed his claw down just as her tail disappeared into the hole. He sent Krabby-curses after her but he didn't have orders to go down the hole. So he scuttled around the edge, grumbling.

He backed away from it, waiting now, as he didn't have a target. It wasn't long before the ground below his feet sunk suddenly before Ruby burst up under it, slamming him high into the sky. He screeched, and waved his appendages helplessly as he became airborne. Ruby smirked as he crashed back into the earth. He groaned as he got back to his feet, and limping, made his way towards Ruby once more. She has been so annoying there is no way he likes her anymore. His captivation for her has been lost in that last attack.

He didn't have much in the way of leaping power (being a crab) so his version of a slam was almost like a very harsh fall onto Ruby. She yelped as he crashed onto her paws and smashed into her nose. She jumped back as he waved his claws gleefully. She growled back and rubbed her much abused nose.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Gilgamesh Krabby ♂
HP: 62%
Energy: 63%
Status: Annoyed. Burned, 3% a round. Forgotten Amnesia, {SD +2}. Focused. {ATT +1}

~~~~~~

Ruby Lady Vulpix ♀
HP: 13%
Energy: 44%

Gilgamesh was hurt 6% for Dig.
Gilgamesh was fatigued 3% for Toxic, 5% for Crabhammer, and 6% for Slam.

Ruby was hurt 9% from Slam.
Ruby was fatigued 3% for Toxic, and 5% for Dig.

Lady Vulpix posts attacks first.

Lady Vulpix
24th September 2007, 02:43 PM
Oh, poor Ruby. There's not much she can do now.

Ruby, please make one last effort: use Energy Ball, then use Faint Attack so you can get close enough to Gilgamesh without obstacles, and finish with Flail. Then we'll go back home.

(In other words, I know I have no chance to win, so I'm going to test how much damage Ruby can deal.)

The Blue Avenger
24th September 2007, 07:43 PM
Dig to avoid Energy Ball and then attack; finish with Crabhammer.

Pichu Luver
11th October 2007, 08:22 PM

Round Nineteen
Three on Three
------*3/3~3/3*------

Pokémon

Gilgamesh Krabby ♂
HP: 62%
Energy: 63%
Status: Annoyed. Burned, 3% a round. Forgotten Amnesia, {SD +2}. Focused. {ATT +1}
Dig/Crabhammer

~~~~~~

Ruby Vulpix ♀
HP: 13%
Energy: 44%
Energy Ball/Faint Attack/Flail

------******------

Poor Ruby is on her last legs. The poison is just getting to much for her and this clickity clacking foe of pinching pain is not going down as easily as she hoped. Nothing left for it, she powers up a ball of plant energy. Gilga does not want any of that oh no, he scrabbles at the strange clay dirt group and soon he is disappearing underground. The dirt is still flying fast when Ruby releases her attack. It streaks; leaving an afterglow on the watchers eyes and zooms to the hole. Gilga is almost fast enough but his left claw, flinging dirt, is caught by the blast. The bottom of the ball smashes into it, while the rest spins off into oblivion. Gilga screeches, but continues his downward descent.

Now Ruby decides to be clever. Instead of waiting for her foe to come, she goes to him. She leaps and slips into the shadow realm, looking around for Gilga. She finds him and slides down to him and crashes into him from behind. His cries of pain are muffled by the dirt he has been shoved into. He flails before getting himself free and turns to see Ruby behind him, looking pleased if tired. If he could snort, he would, but as it is he looks at her shocked before picking up some dirt in his claws. He tackles her, failing having a real dig attack and she leaves through it, though not to well.

The trainers are watching this contest through a Dirt-O-Scope 2006 (2007 had many glitches). Ruby is starting her next attack when suddenly, she keels over. Gilga blinks in surprise, poking her but the poison has evidently taken its toll. He, as courteously as a crab can manage, pulls Ruby's fainted form up above ground and Lady Vulpix returns her with praise. Hypo also praises Gilga as he is returned. The Ref salutes, and goes back to studying.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Gilgamesh Krabby ♂
HP: 52%
Energy: 58%

~~~~~~

Ruby Vulpix ♀
HP: 0%
Energy: 34%

Gilgamesh was hurt 2% for part of the Energy Ball and 6% for the Faint Attack and 2% from Burn.
Gilgamesh was fatigued 5% for Dig.

Ruby was hurt 7% from the not-Dig and was fainted by the Toxic.
Ruby was fatigued 6% for Energy Ball and 4% for Faint Attack.

So Hypotenuse Man wins and gets 6 points! Lady Vulpix 3 points and the ref gets nuthin but her own arse kickin for bein so late.

The Blue Avenger
11th October 2007, 08:45 PM
Good game, Gabi. Thanks. :)

And also, thanks for your quick reffings, River.

Lady Vulpix
13th October 2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks, River, and good luck with your studies.

I liked the dirt-o-scope. :D

Wow, I've doubled my points by losing a battle!

Good battle, Jeff. It was fun, even if we've had to wait through several months and 3 different refs to see it completed.