PDA

View Full Version : Lady Vulpix vs. Elekidkid, ref: Asayake

Lady Vulpix
27th November 2006, 09:38 AM
I've had some briefing from Crystal Tears, but I'm still new to this, so please don't kill me if I accidentally do something wrong.

I've just had my team approved, and I would like a battle with the following rules:
-2-on-2 tag-team.
-I choose pokemon first.
-You attack first.
-Arena of your choice.

A challenger and a ref will be appreciated.

Elekidkid
27th November 2006, 10:51 AM
I'll take on the challenge. It'll be my first battle as well, so this should be interesting, eh?

Arena will be (we're allowed to just make up an arena, right?) an oil rig of sorts, kind of like the level in Super Mario Sunshine, where there are a bunch of platforms and cranes and whatnot sitting on top of a body of water. The platforms themselves have small holes in them to help with draining water off the top. Could also provide some interesting strategy for players.

Just need a ref now, eh?

Lady Vulpix
28th November 2006, 05:16 AM
Indeed. I haven't played that game and I'm not sure if I understand the description of the arena, though. It's a body of water with platforms spread on its surface, and the platforms have holes in them, right? How big are the platforms? Can pokemon move freely on them?

Elekidkid
28th November 2006, 07:18 AM
Well, basically the platforms would be set up as one stationary battle platform. The arena itself wouldn't be too much different than a standard stadium arena, except its over a body of water. The holes on the platforms aren't as much holes that you could fall through as much as they're holes like those on a colander. Big enough for water to drain through, but too small for anything with a decent amount of mass to fall through. Did that clear it up a bit?
http://www.gamerevolution.com/oldsite/games/gamecube/action/super_mario_sunshine6.jpg
That's a pic from the level. In the background you can kind of see one large platform held above the water. It'd be made of a similar link as the platform Mario is hanging onto in the foreground of the pic. I wouldn't imagine the stadium to be quite that high above water, though, but that's really up to the judge.

Lady Vulpix
28th November 2006, 05:13 PM
Ah, nice. I think that will work. Thanks.

And I'll start with Mist the female Dratini and Chip the male Eevee, whenever we get a ref.

Elekidkid
28th November 2006, 07:04 PM
I'll send out my Male Psyduck, Nova, and my Female Eevee, Haley. Fun combo, eh? Should be quite interesting.

One question, though. For a 2-on-2 battle, do we each issue six commands (3/Pokemon) or still only 3/turn?

Lady Vulpix
30th November 2006, 04:54 AM
I don't know. I guess we can ask the ref when he/she comes. Now, how do we get one?

Elekidkid
30th November 2006, 10:33 AM
We... wait? Should be lots of fun sitting around here and waiting. Time for idle chatter...

So I notice you've been on these boards since, well, basically when I started. Only you seem like you've been considerably more active on here. Any real big changes happen over the years that I should know of, or is everything pretty much the same?

The Blue Avenger
30th November 2006, 12:50 PM
Elekidkid: you would give 3 attacks to each of your Pokemon, so 6 attacks total.

Also, if you have problems finding a ref, it can sometimes be beneficial to post in the Reffing Tower with a link to this topic. Refs are kinda scarce at the moment, though, so don't worry if it takes a little bit.

Lady Vulpix
30th November 2006, 06:12 PM
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info and the advice. :)

And Elekidkid, lots of things have changed since I joined. The board itself swtiched from UBB to EZBoard to vB to SMF and back to vB, forums were added, renamed, merged and reorganized several times, people came and left (repeatedly in some people's cases), and each forum has had its own activity shifts. Personally, it was the Adopted & Captured Pokemon subforum of PCG that I found the most fun throughout the years, but now it has hardly any activity, so I'm wondering if any new members will come.

Elekidkid
30th November 2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I remember all those board switches. Never made too much of a difference. Biggest loss, to me, was the main page. I liked reading Dodrio's things (don't ask how/why I was able to remember who wrote them) with the whole start-up of the mono-type challenge deal.

I don't think I remember the Adopted & Captured board, although tt sounds vaguely familiar. How did that work?

Lady Vulpix
30th November 2006, 07:11 PM
Well, there's more than one game in it. Basically, you have the adopted pokemon branch, the captured pokemon branch, and other topics.

For adopted pokemon, you go to one of the Adoption Centers and choose a pokemon or two from the list (you can take up to 2 pokemon a day, and up to 15 in total). Then you can train your pokemon at the Dragon Tamers Battle Range if you like writing, and/or at the PokeZoo Battle Tower if you want to battle against other players (that's a bit similar to ASB, but with different rules). You can also get items for your adopted pokemon at the Dragon Tamers Reward Center and the Goldenrod Tower.

For captured pokemon, you go to the Capture Center and catch them. You can have up to 15 captured pokemon in total. Then you can write battles for them at the Crystal Caves Battle Arena, or battle other players at the PokeZoo Battle Tower. You can get items for your captured pokemon at the Crystal Caves Kiosk and the Goldenrod Tower.

You can also get new adopted or captured pokemon by requesting a couple to be mated at the Breeding Center.

Then you have other topics like the Eevee House, where you can roleplay freely with your pokemon, and Expedia, which is a sort of RPG which you can play with up to 2 of your (adopted and/or captured) pokemon; you can still play it if you don't have any pokemon with you. Expedia's on hiatus right now until we can find a new active worker or two, but I hope it will be revived.

You'll find more information on this topic (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2141) and the FAQ (http://forboards.tripod.com/FAQ.html).

And here (http://dragonsguild.com.ar/) there's some background information related to the Dragon Tamers Battle Range, as well as a collection of past stories.

Pichu Luver
1st December 2006, 09:47 AM
Okie dokie I just got a free space so I will take this up. Now if Elekidkid would issue his attacks, followed by Lady Vulpix, that would be just dandy. Any questions, just ask away.

Elekidkid
2nd December 2006, 12:04 AM
Standing at my end of the field, I nod and smile politely at the defender. Gotta keep this match friendly in nature; we wouldn't want any enemies, would we? Grabbing two Pokéballs from my waist, I let them loose. The first one pops open to reveal a small Psyduck. He has a slight glimmer to his eye and a keen, eager stare. The second reveals an Eevee, who stands pumped for combat.

"Ok, Nova, we're going to start this a little more cautiously. Start with a Confusion to take them off their feet a bit, follow up with a Screech used to take them off guard, and finish up with an Icy Wind sent Mist's way.
Haley, you're going to have a little more fun this round. Start out by seducing that poor other Eevee. He should enjoy it, what with you as charming as you are. Then focus your energies and Bite Chip nice and hard."

So... we have:

Psyduck (Nova): Confusion (if it can't effect both, just on Dratini) ~ Screech (same as last) ~ Icy Wind (Dratini)
Eevee (Haley; all at Chip): Attract ~ Focus Energy ~ Bite

Lady Vulpix
3rd December 2006, 08:40 AM
Yay, a ref! Thanks, Asayake!

Ok, let's see...

Chip, use Double-Team first and try to avoid Haley's gaze. Then spit some Toxic at the Psyduck. If you miss, try shooting a Shadow Ball at him. Otherwise use Headbutt on the nearest target.
Mist, use Thunder Wave. If you can't hit both of your opponents, use it on the Psyduck. Then shoot a Thunderbolt at the Psyduck, and finally go for the Eevee and pull her away from Chip with a Wrap.

Pichu Luver
4th December 2006, 07:31 PM
Yoooooooo It’s Asayake please. No m’s involved. Oo. Also I don't have time for a comic today, sorry dudette and I'm assuming dude?.

-~*Lady Vulpix VS Eleckidkid*~-

Round One
---------***2-2~2-2***---------

Arena: Super Mario Oil Rig

An oil rig of sorts, kind of like the level in Super Mario Sunshine, where there are a bunch of platforms and cranes and whatnot sitting on top of a body of water. The platforms themselves have small holes in them to help with draining water off the top. The holes on the platforms aren't as much holes that you could fall through as much as they're holes like those on a colander. Big enough for water to drain through, but too small for anything with a decent amount of mass to fall through.

Mist Dratini ♀
Trained by: Lady Vulpix
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
-:Attacks:-
Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Wrap

Chip Eevee ♂
Double Team/Toxic/Headbutt

Nova Psyduck ♂
Trained by: Eleckidkid
Confusion/Screech/Icy Wind

Haley Eevee ♀
Attract/Focus Energy/Bite

------******------

All the trainers come flying onto the platform; a basket strung between River’s Altaria, Yanma, Masquerain and newly acquired Xatu and Scyther. They land with not but the slightest bump and they step onto the strange arena. Almost immediately River trips, getting a foot caught in the chain link, perhaps an omen for this match. The two trainers take their positions and toss out their two Pokémon. They are both brand new to ASB and their Poké’s are all of the basic form, a Dratini and Eevee for Lady Vulpix. Another Eevee and a Psyduck come into play for Eleckidkid.

Right off the bat the two Eevee’s start on each other. Haley closes her eyes and pops out five doubles to surround Haley. He can hear her flirtatious calls, and suggestions, but she isn’t sure which Eevee is Chip. So her catcalls aren’t as powerful as they could be. Still Chip will be a little hesitant to twack her. Nova is just behind them. He can only hit one so he blasts Mist with a mental assault. It muddles with her brain, and gives her great pain (:P) but does not confuse. Mist takes some satisfactory revenge by firing short static bursts of electricity. The hit the duck and his muscles go into little spasms.

The two Eevee’s are off first again. This time Haley closes her eyes and concentrates on making the most efficient use of her energy possible. Chip looks over at his ducky foe and starts to gurgle. He makes hacking motions and then fires his gooey, yuck mess at Nova. It splatters on his bill and face, and he hastily wipes it away. It’s to late though, some got into his system. He screeches in annoyance and both Chip and Mist wince in pain. It isn’t as horrible if he had aimed at one of them, but it is enough to make the Thunderbolt Mist fires at Nova considerable weaker then normal.

Now Nova isn’t happy being both paralysed and poisoned, but he is determined to deal out some pain. He summons a chilling wind, it whips past him and Haley and sweeps into both Chip and Mist. Mist is covered is a thin layer of frost, but Chip is just cold. Mist is even slower then usual and can’t quite get Haley in time. She chomps down on Chip, but before she can really started on tearing, she is wrapped by Mist and yanked away. She struggles but can’t do much. Chip growls, takes careful aim at her (so not to hit Mist) and slams into her head with his. A resounding crack is heard and both Pokémon are dizzy, Haley more then Chip. Mist tightens her grip on Haley, and she squeaks.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Mist Dratini ♀
HP: 83%
Energy: 91%

Chip Eevee ♂
HP: 91%
Energy: 93%

Nova Psyduck ♂
HP: 90%
Status: Meh. Paralyzed, 30% chance of immobility. Poisoned, 2% next round.

Haley Eevee ♀
HP: 85%
Energy: 92%

K, so Mist got 5% damage from the Confusion and 12% damage from the Icy Wind (6% x 2). Chip got 3% damage from the Bite, and 6% damage from the Icy Wind.

Nova got 10% damage from an underpowered Thunderbolt (5% x 2). Haley got 2% damage from the first pull of the Wrap, 7% damage from the Headbutt, and 6% damage cause Mist tightened her grip.

Lady Vulpix posts attacks first.

Lady Vulpix
6th December 2006, 05:13 AM
Okay, let's see...

Mist, use Flamethrower at a short range. That should get rid of the frost and hit Haley at the same time. Then use Reflect to protect yourself, and Toxic on Haley.

Chip, use Focus Energy first, then Headbutt Nova twice.

Elekidkid
7th December 2006, 12:49 PM
Nova, start by using a Facade on Mist to take advantage of your weakened state. Then, assuming the grip has been loosened, use Refresh to purge your system of the status ailments and finish with a Psychic on Chip to stop his headbutting. If the initial facade (or Haley's Toxic) doesn't loosen the grip, however, keep on going at Mist until it does.

Haley, with Mist at such close range, spit some of your own Toxic into her eyes before Nova can get over to her to loosen you. Once you are loosened from Mist's grip, use a Quick attack on Chip and follow through by lending a Helping Hand to Nova's efforts.

Pichu Luver
10th December 2006, 07:50 PM
Hmm sorry bout the smilie, wrong one used. My thanks for fixing my name. Tryin a new font, woot. You know what's sad? When you've been reffing so long you've memorized almost all the colour codes you use --'''' lol.

Round Two

An oil rig of sorts, kind of like the level in Super Mario Sunshine, where there are a bunch of platforms and cranes and whatnot sitting on top of a body of water. The platforms themselves have small holes in them to help with draining water off the top. The holes on the platforms aren't as much holes that you could fall through as much as they're holes like those on a colander. Big enough for water to drain through, but too small for anything with a decent amount of mass to fall through.

Mist Dratini ♀
HP: 83%
Energy: 91%
Flamethrower/Reflect /Toxic

Chip Eevee ♂
HP: 91%
Focus Energy/Headbutt x Two

~~~~~

Nova Psyduck ♂
HP: 90%
Status: Meh. Paralyzed, 30% chance of immobility. Poisoned, 2% next round.
Facade/Refresh/Psychic

Haley Eevee ♀
HP: 85%
Energy: 92%
Toxic/Quick Attack/Helping Hand

------******------

.Haley turns to Mist with an evil look in her eye. So what her eyes are a little unfocused and the pupil are different sizes? This close to Mist, the seven or so images are rather close to one another. She points her head in the centre of the bunch and spews. The glob hits on Mist's neck. She hisses and shakes of the goop but some has sunk in through her skin. Haley chuckles but pales as she sees Mist powering up a Flamethrower. Suddenly Mist is slammed from the side and she prematurely fires, some hits Haley but as her head whips to the right, some also hits Nova, who had hit Mist. Mist hits the chain deck and loosens her grip enough for Haley to get free. On the plus side the frost is gone. Chip has been concentrating the entire set on clearing up his head.

Chip is first off as his head has no problems any longer. While Haley is trying to get him in her sights, which are only a little wobbly no., Chip runs at Nova and slams into his side. Nova falls over and skids a little, catching his claws in the chain. He shoves to his feet in time to see Haley slam into Chip at extraordinary speed. Chips get his foot caught in the floor and flips over on the paw, wrenching it. Nova gets to his feet and concentrates on purging his system of the problems plaguing him. Mist sets up a shield of energy in front of her, slowing any would be physical attackers.

Chip gets up and shakes his paw. It twinges but is not overly hurt. He runs at Nova and this time hits him in the stomach. Nova huffs but stays on his feet. He slaps Chip in irritation but focuses on Mist. He feels the extra energy coming in from Haley and snickers. He starts to grab Mist just as she has finished her brew. He yanks her up into he air and he spews haphazardly. She totally misses Haley and the mix falls into the ocean. Nova slams Mist around before dropping her onto the arena.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Mist Dratini ♀
HP: 56%
Energy: 81%
Status: Owww. Poisoned, 2% next round. Reflect up, 1/2 damage from physical attacks.

Chip Eevee ♂
HP: 87%
Energy: 87%

~~~~~

Nova Psyduck ♂
HP: 74%
Energy: 80%

Haley Eevee ♀
HP: 81%
Energy: 85%

Mist got clobbered because Facade at x2 power for being poisoned and/or paralysed is 14% (normal 7%). Then she got hit with a boosted Psychic, 9 x 1.5 = 13.5% so 13%, for a total of 27% damage. Chip got 4% damage from Quick Attack.

Nova got 2% damage from half a Flamethrower, 4 / 2=2. Then he got 14% damage from two headbutts (sooo 16%). Haley got 4% damage from half a Flamethrower.

Eleckidkid posts attacks first.

Elekidkid
12th December 2006, 04:21 PM
Nova, start off with an Ice Beam aimed at Mist. After that, take a bit of a breather and recoup some energy. Finally, end by using Surf to raise that sea level a bit and cause some chaos.

Haley, first Body Slam Chip something nasty and follow through with a Bite and finish off by bracing yourself for Nova's Surf attack.

Nova: Ice Beam (Mist) ~ Take a break to recover some energy ~ Surf
Haley: Body Slam (Chip) ~ Bite (Chip) ~ Brace for Nova's Surf

Lady Vulpix
20th December 2006, 05:20 AM
Mist: form a wave with Surf to lift you up out of the Ice Beam's reach. Then hit Nova with a Thunderbolt, and Facade on Haley.

Chip, use Toxic on Haley, then Sunny Day and finally Headbutt on Haley.

Pichu Luver
24th December 2006, 12:20 AM
Dude you guys are fond of Toxic eh? Oo Lol, well Merry Christmas! Please forgive any spelling errors, it's late and I figured you guys just would rather have this.

Round Three

Mist Dratini ♀
Energy: 81%
Status: Owww. Poisoned, 2% next round. Reflect up, 1/2 damage from physical attacks.
Surf/Thunderbolt/Facade

Chip Eevee ♂
HP: 87%
Energy: 87%
Toxic/Sunny Day/Headbutt

~~~~~

Nova Psyduck ♂
HP: 74%
Energy: 80%
Ice Beam/Relax/Surf

Haley Eevee ♀
HP: 81%
Energy: 85%
Body Slam/Bite/Brace

------******------

The first two to start this round is Chip and Haley. Chip starts to slobber and swish things around inside his mouth. Had we been close enough, we would have heard his stomach gurgling something horrible. Haley meanwhile is running at him, full intent on causing him some gut busting hurt. She reaches Chip just as he is finished his brew. She slams into his stomach and he spews it. More like chokes it out around his gasping for air. It splatters all over the top of her head and she growls. She futilely shakes her head but the poisons are now in her system.

Meanwhile a race is going on between Mist and Nova. Mist called the water up and was starting to rise up into the air. Nova was making a ball of ice energy in front of his nose. Mist was about 2 meters up when he fired. She tried to rise higher but she just couldn't get it up fast enough. The ice beam hit the water first, solidifying it and causing it to fall through the rest of the still liquid water. It brought Mist down with it and she was slammed by the attack.

Mist hissed at Nova and quickly paid him back for it. The electricity sparks on her skin and she was glowing with it within seconds. She fired and the relaxing duck was fired. He groaned and wobbled where he stood. When it finally finished he was a little sparkly, but not paralyzed. Chip meanwhile stared up at the sky and started to chant. It wasn't long before the Sun was pouring down in all its merry strength. He has just finished when Haley chomped on him. He yelped and tried to shake her off bit she doggedly held on. She finally determined he'd had enough pain and let go, looking very pleased.

Haley did just as she was told and braced herself, but well, a flood of water is hard to resist. As the water from Nova surged up through the cracks in the arena, she held onto the chains. Chip and Mist were swept away for the time being but Haley managed, only just, to say put. It hurt though, and she emerged wet and ticked at Nova. It was unfortunate but she was right beside her enemies when the Surf was launched and she was hit by it.

Mist then add insult to injury buy slamming her with a twack filled with her pain from the poison. Haley went flying and landed hard on the chains only to be sent skiding and getting caught in the chains by Chip's Headbutt. She was not happy but the round end. Mist gulp as the poison started to course though her system.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Mist Dratini ♀
HP: 42%
Energy: 67%
Status: Meep. Poisoned, 4% next round. Reflect up, 1/2 damage from physical attacks, 3 more rounds.

Chip Eevee ♂
HP: 68%
Energy: 79%

~~~~~

Nova Psyduck ♂
Energy: 84%

Haley Eevee ♀
HP: 55%
Energy: 79%

Mist got 9% damage from the Ice Bea as about half hit her. Then she got a weakened and not effective water move Surf, so 3%, along with 2% from Toxic. Chip got 8% from Body Slam, 6% from Bite and 5% from weakened Surf.

Nova got 18% from a Thunderbolt (9% x 2). Haley got bad hurt cause Facade at x2 power (poisoned). She also got Surf from Nova (5%) and a Heatbutt (7%).

Lady Vulpix posts attacks first.

Lady Vulpix
25th December 2006, 06:03 AM
Mist, shoot another Thunderbolt at Nova, then use Rest and Sleep Talk if you can.

Chip, use Reflect for increased protection, then throw a Shadow Ball at Nova and Bite Haley, but if someone shoots Toxic at you, Protect yourself instead.

Lady Vulpix
9th January 2007, 11:50 AM
It's been 16 days since I sent my moves. I PMed Elekidkid and he said he would forfeit. How are these things handled?

Elekidkid
9th January 2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah... classes are piling up (12 classes... haha, yay music ed!), so I think I'm going to bow out of this match.

Pichu Luver
9th January 2007, 07:47 PM
*pokes head in and notices battlers are rather wanting to exit the premises* Er sorry! It's quite simple, since Lady Vulpix was the last to reply, and is requesting the DQ, she shall get two points. Elekidkid shall get one point. And I get two for reffing. One Pokémon have to be at 55% or below to get the points, but two in tag teams.

Lady Vulpix
10th January 2007, 04:53 AM
Thanks... Though I don't quite understand the last sentence. Which points are you referring to? Experience points? Does this mean none of the pokemon gets experience, since only one member of each team is at 55% HP or below?

Pichu Luver
10th January 2007, 05:48 AM
No no, you get experience and points. Its doesn't matter who's Pokémon are at the 55% mark, just so long as there are two. The two points, are just that, points use use to evolve, buy eggs, more Poké's, etc. So once you have three points you can evolve either Dratini or Eevee, k?

Lady Vulpix
10th January 2007, 12:22 PM
Ah, thanks for the explanation.
I have the 2 points I was given at the tree, and now these 2... so that makes 4. That means I can evolve one of my pokemon now. :)

Thanks again.

[Edit: Chip's still in a battle. I'll wait until he's done.]