PDA

View Full Version : Quidditch World Cup site

Waves_of_Darkness
30th November 2006, 05:56 PM
Hey everyone.

About two years ago, I was fully dedicated to a Harry Potter website, known as UHPR. It was full of dedicated Harry Potter roleplayers, many of which I became close friends with, and who I still talk to today, despite the fact that UHPR is, sadly, a dead site.

Before it died, however, I made a promise to myself that I would solve the ultimate Harry Potter role playing dilemma; how do you role play Quidditch on a forum? I don't mean who can post the fastest, and trying to get all of the Quidditch players to log on at the exact same time. I mean, how do you get two full teams of players to role play a Quidditch match, and keep it fair, so that you don't have to log on at the same time as everyone else? I also wanted actual roleplaying, with character's doing all kinds of cool tricks... but again, how do you keep it fair?

At the time, I honestly thought I had the answer. It was a bit whacked out, and strangely written... in fact, most of it was done in my head, I haven't even finished writing out all of the rules (notice I said haven't, meaning that I still, presently, have not finished writing them all out.) However, I then thought, hey, wouldn't it be great if this was a mass-site forum game? In order to do that, I'd have to create an entirely new website, as opposed to having the game only on UHPR.

So, I did. And here it is. (http://) However, it was very rudely put together... in fact, I gave up on it early and forgot about it. Recently, I found it again, did some editing, and opened it up to the public.

Welcome to the Quidditch World Cup (http://). Please help me bring this to life. I'm looking for suggestions about the site, and possibly some dedicated moderators (and possibly an administrator.) Before any games can begin, I also need to train referees for the game.

Kris
1st December 2006, 09:21 AM
Sorry, this is classed as advertising which unfortunately isn't allowed in topics. Please feel free to have a link in your signature though.