PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy III

Razola
1st December 2006, 04:45 AM
This game is pretty cool. Old-School tough, but the job system works well and the adventure is quite lengthy. Not to mention the pretty graphics.

Solid DS choice.

Roy Karrde
21st December 2006, 08:23 PM
Almost to the final boss, so far this has been a Hard ass game, but plowing through it these last four days has been a tour de force in pain. But Raz is right, the Job system works, the adventure though seems somewhat short.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
22nd December 2006, 10:33 AM
I kind of put this lovely game on hold to indulge myself in crass overgaming of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, but I did get to around level 40-ish, about when you get the last airship upgrade.
Yeah, the job system makes or breaks this game, methinks. Story-wise, I find it a bit shaky in comparison with the later FF's (VI!!!!), but damn, jobbing is addictive.
Oh yes. The graphics ARE pretty. Although the chibiness makes it hard for me to take the whole destruction of the world thing seriously.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th January 2007, 05:00 AM
I think I have tried it once or twice. But isn't there some confusion with the numbers since II, III and V were not originally out in the US? Are you talking about III, as I suppose, or VI? I am a nOOb when it comes to Final Fantasies other than VII...

Plus, what system(s) is it in now?

Roy Karrde
19th January 2007, 01:02 AM
We are talking about III, the original III from Japan which Square has taken and added new Graphics and prettied up alot. The problem is they still forgot anything resembling a story.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
19th January 2007, 01:17 AM
LOL, back in the day jobbing was the mainstay of the FF series. If I'm not mistaken, the concept was first introduced by FF. (I think) Therefore less time on story ^^'' the original playable characters in FFIII didn't even have set names or personalities, but Square has come a long way since then...

This new version of FFIII's on the DS ^^ If you have to get a DS game I'd still rec Phoenix Wright or the EBA/Ouendan series over this though.

...Until Revenant Wings gets out, that is.

PNT510
27th January 2007, 03:21 PM
I've been trying to track down a copy of this since christmas. My Target finally got a bunch of copies in stock.

I'm about 5 hours in and it's pretty good so far, like all old RPGs it's a real grind. Outside of the first dungeon it hasn't been too hard for me though.

-/Deathborn/-
28th January 2007, 05:36 AM
the original playable characters in FFIII didn't even have set names or personalities, but Square has come a long way since then...

...Until Revenant Wings gets out, that is.

At first, they all looked the same, except for colors...

Too bad I don't have a DS...
*waits for FFVI Advance to come out...*