PDA

View Full Version : night and day

firemaster44
11th December 2002, 06:25 PM
is night and day still in the game

Azura Stardust
11th December 2002, 07:10 PM
Yeah.

Kemusso's evolution depends on the time.
In the ROM, time doesn't work. You gotta use a time modifier but still there is no time-passing element.
Night and Day apparently don't look very different.

Ratiosu
11th December 2002, 07:26 PM
Err..

There are no nights and days (a lot of people here and there keep saying that there is though)

Also, Kemusso's evolution depend on the gender not the time

Azura Stardust
11th December 2002, 08:06 PM
There IS a night and day for god's sakes, it was one of the main things in GSC, they didn't take it out. Just that on ROMs you can't see it and there isn't much of a difference between night and day.

Also Kemusso's evolution isn't by gender, I've had people with female Kemussos evolving into Mayurudo and other female Kemussos evolving into Karasarisu. I swear it's true. Go and ask.

firemaster44
11th December 2002, 10:02 PM
can somebody give me a definite answer

Pharmgirl
11th December 2002, 10:15 PM
Azura's right about both night and day, as well as kemusso and the lack of time in the rom.

rinku
12th December 2002, 12:13 AM
The time thing isn't that important with the kemusso evos anyway, since you are able to encounter both coccoon types in the forest. In terms of filling out the pokédex, I wouldn't generally bother with raising a kemusso up through the middle evo, unless you're having problems finding one of them or plan to keep poison sting (quite reasonable for a dokukeiru, I suppose).

Crystal Vulpix
12th December 2002, 01:15 AM
I didn`t know, that we have nights and days on game!Its a nice news for me. I still have a day=/

Azura Stardust
12th December 2002, 01:19 AM
That's because, as I said, there is only one time on the ROM; it doesn't have time... somewhere on this board there is a time-changing hack, but the hitch is that time doesn't actually *pass*, it only changes. So I don't think you well get things like a new berry on the tree, etc etc...

Vega
12th December 2002, 05:36 AM
i've been playing the game for hours and i still cant make out the difference betweeb night and day, and the thing that leads me to think that there is no night and day is the fact that you can catch ghosts and dark types in the brightness of day.

Hyperworm
12th December 2002, 05:50 AM
Not all Pokémon come out in the time-periods you'd expect them to, Vega...
Anyway, it's pleasing that it's still in there, I was unsure myself.

Ratiosu
12th December 2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
There IS a night and day for god's sakes, it was one of the main things in GSC, they didn't take it out. Just that on ROMs you can't see it and there isn't much of a difference between night and day.

Also Kemusso's evolution isn't by gender, I've had people with female Kemussos evolving into Mayurudo and other female Kemussos evolving into Karasarisu. I swear it's true. Go and ask.

-_-

Give me a proof.

Someone living in Japan and palying the real game confirmed to me that there is no nights...

As for Kemusso, Im not 100% sure but I heard MANY times that it evolve differently depending of his gender and judging from my game this is true. In fact this is the first I heard someone claiming that they evolve by time.

If you ever wondered, Umbreon doesnt evolve by night anymore. The only thing that depends on time is the level of water, the berries (for the contests) that can grow back and the people in the trainer's eye that can rechallenge you

BTW, dont bother replying if you dont have a proof..

tygerofdanyte
12th December 2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Ratiosu

BTW, dont bother replying if you dont have a proof..

BTW, don't bother replying if you can't be nice.

Also its don't have PROOF. not don't have a proof. just for future references

also. my female kemmusso has evolved into mayuroda or whatever it's name is. SO there. ...

Ratiosu
12th December 2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by tygerofdanyte

also. my female kemmusso has evolved into mayuroda or whatever it's name is.

Indeed, you are right. I just evolve 6 Kemussos to check and the last one evolve into the "wrong pokemon"

Now the question is...how do they evolve? It's not by gender and not by the time either as the time in my game is inexistant..

I guess it's just totally random

Vega
12th December 2002, 07:33 AM
i agree, the time on my one is pretty much non existant too.

maybe they are like http://www.the-apcc.com/rsicons/rs140.png who evolves into http://www.the-apcc.com/rsicons/rs141.png coz of beauty.

Ratiosu
12th December 2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Vega
i agree, the time on my one is pretty much non existant too.

maybe they are like http://www.the-apcc.com/rsicons/rs140.png who evolves into http://www.the-apcc.com/rsicons/rs141.png coz of beauty.

No they evolve by levels thats for sure (level 7)

Vega
12th December 2002, 07:38 AM
oh yeah. i have a question for those who say they evolve depending on time, which one evolves at what time?

Ratiosu
12th December 2002, 07:40 AM
Thats the problem..

In all 6 Kemussos, I got 4 white one and 2 purple one and of course my clock is stuck.

tenchi
12th December 2002, 06:55 PM
it evolution in th am time and it is boy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Topaz Pochena
12th December 2002, 07:05 PM
NO TIME in ROMS
Time in REAL Game
Day and Night "LOOK" EXACTLY THE SAME because colors don't change, but they're still there

IcyLapras
12th December 2002, 07:17 PM
Just because it doesn't turn dark outside doesn't mean there's no night. There is a clock in your hometown, so there is time. And if there's time and a clock to measure it by, then there is day AND night.

Ratiosu
12th December 2002, 07:32 PM
This is getting confusing..anyway..

Here's (what I hope is) a definative answer:

There are nights in the game (kinda), after all since there is a clock it will eventually be 1AM :rolleyes:

But of course, when I think of Nights in Pokémon game, I think about:

- Big graphical difference between nights and day

- Some Pokémon that only comes out at nights (gastly, hoot-hoot..)

- Pokémons that evolve differently depending on time

Among those, only one is still in the game (apparently..I still dont udnerstand how I could get both kind in the same hour) and it's a really small feature