PDA

View Full Version : Manaphy Egg on Pokémon.com!

XD375
6th December 2006, 08:28 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/xd375/manaphyeggs.jpeg

I was browsing the site when I found this! I wonder if it had any connection to the Password? Are they even Manaphy eggs? Do you get this, or was I a lucky visitor who was required to click a certain one? They switched spots sometimes, and there were a lot of them, and they were annoying!

Poryhedron
6th December 2006, 09:19 PM
Hmm. I just visited to check it out, and I was only seeing one at a time and they didn't do anything when you clicked on them. In fact, if they were over something clickable, clicking on the Manaphy egg would count as clicking on the thing under it.

mr_pikachu
7th December 2006, 12:14 AM
It's probably been coded to overlay those on top of the regular screen in a random manner. I've seen a few things like that before. Typically, things like that don't have an effect when you click them, although I suppose there could be exceptions.

(Incidentally, I haven't visited the page myself. But your comments were fairly descriptive, so I think this is a safe deduction.)

I doubt it would be anything other than a Manaphy egg... unless the page had been hacked somehow. And if it had, it seems to me that whoever did it would likely want to do something a lot more blatant than overlay images from the Pokemon anime itself over the regular screen. Intriguing, yet... merely aesthetic.

DarkestLight
10th December 2006, 10:48 AM
I'm wondering what part of the promotion they're going to announce now. I do hope its for the mission in Ranger.

..the Manaphy movie IS out in the US right?..I recall it going Mewtwo-Lugia-Entei-Celebi-Lati@s-Jirachi-Deoxys-Manaphy-Lucario.

XD375
10th December 2006, 02:39 PM
Lucario came before Manaphy, and Manaphy is expected in February with D/P. Also, there's a new page right now on Pokémon.com with an egg with a question mark and it says: "December 15th, 2006".

There's a page on it here (http://www.pokemonhighway.com/).

mr_pikachu
10th December 2006, 02:46 PM
I'm not so sure about the "pretty much confirmed" part, but I admit it's within the realm of possibility. That'd practically be a sales pitch for Ranger in and of itself.

By the way, are you sure this is a good spot for this thread? I mean, we're essentially in the void of Advanced Generation, and it's hard to know whether this topic even applies to any of those games for certain... it could be something with Ranger only (Other Pokemon Games), maybe something with the anime (Pokemon Anime), a new feature limited to the site (General Discussion)... you get my point. I'm thinking this ought to be a GD topic until more is confirmed.

Then again, it's not like I have the power to move it from the void... it may be up to a supermod or an admin to do that. I doubt even Christen (Number1ChanseyFan, RSEFrLg mod) has control over this space.

Number1ChanseyFan
10th December 2006, 05:13 PM
Yes, it will be interesting to see what comes of the Pokemon.com announcement next Friday. I know that in Japan the Manaphy promo was associated with Pokemon Ranger, and it involved a download at a promo at the theaters where the Manaphy movie was being shown.

As for where this topic belongs, I would guess the OPG forum or even Diamond/Pearl. I can't do anything with this topic though, I am only a mod of the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen forum and the RMT subforum, I am not a mod of the entire Advanced Generation forum. Actually, I had no idea that this area could even be posted in!!

DarkestLight
10th December 2006, 11:08 PM
n_n In any event, void, or no void... Bout time we heard something about it. Been quite a while since we got an Easter Egg >>

DarkestLight
13th December 2006, 09:36 AM
Decided to post this kinda quick since I saw it today.

I went to the Pokemon site, and BANG, it had the Manaphy egg, adn said right above it "December 15, 2006"

-.- Yes folks, I will be waiting outside on line at the Pokemon Center-while everyone else gets a Wii, I'm getting Manaphy -.-.

DarkestLight
15th December 2006, 02:06 PM
o.O Pretty sure you guys all know about the password mode...