PDA

View Full Version : Shuppet/Banette Moveset

123LTJ
7th April 2003, 05:23 PM
I need one that includes a T-bolt (cause I have no electric type). I'd also like Shadow Ball to take advantage of his amazing attack. I need the other two moves, though. I was thinking maybe Curse and Toxic. Any thoughts?

dragonmaster123
7th April 2003, 05:36 PM
How about this-Shadow Ball,Thunderbolt,Psychic,Calm Mind

123LTJ
7th April 2003, 05:40 PM
I like it! But.... Where can I find Psychic as a TM? And what exactly does Calm Mind do?

dragonmaster123
7th April 2003, 05:43 PM
Calm mind is a move that ups spec. attck and spec. def.......the mossdeep leaders give it to you after u beat them....psychic is bought in the mauville game corner for 3500 coins..........BTW,y havent u answered my pm about the sig

VaporousPhoenix
7th April 2003, 05:43 PM
Calm Mind raises SPecial Attack, Psychic is avaliable in the Game Corner. I like Shadowball, Toxic, Thunderbolt, and Mean Look.

dragonmaster123
7th April 2003, 05:47 PM
Mean look is good, except for 1 thing......U CANT GET IT!!!!!!!I was thinking that banette could be a powerhouse, i mean, he's got good stata, and he can learn powerful moves

VaporousPhoenix
7th April 2003, 05:49 PM
Ooops, I was thinking of Dusclpos...Nevrmind. ~.^

SneaselReborned
7th April 2003, 06:16 PM
I've always liked the idea of this set:

Shadow Ball
Will'O'Wisp
Psychic
Thunderbolt

You could always drop your T-Bolt for Calm Mind if you find yourself in need of it.

BTW, doesn't Shadowball run off Atk, not Sp. Atk? So wouldn't using Calm Mind be almost pointless? I mean, if it if just for T-Bolt/Psychic, why not just not use T-Bolt/Psychic and open up slots for Curse or something.

dragonmaster123
7th April 2003, 06:41 PM
T-bolt is needed becuz he has no pokemon for water types,and with 1 or 2 calm minds, this guy is almost unbeatable.Trust me,that's how my gardevoir was the only guy i used for 14 lv. 50 battle tower battles, and she didnt faint once

SneaselReborned
7th April 2003, 06:47 PM
Oh ok. I haven't experimented with Bannette yet. Someday I must try that.

Kari and Mewtwo
7th April 2003, 07:21 PM
i always liked:

shadowball
will-o-wisp
calm mind
thunderbolt

at least it covers his defenses.

Originally posted by SneaselReborned
So wouldn't using Calm Mind be almost pointless? I mean, if it if just for T-Bolt/Psychic, why not just not use T-Bolt/Psychic and open up slots for Curse or something.

Calm mind also boosts his Spcl.Def, which is kind of low to begin with.

123LTJ
7th April 2003, 09:42 PM
Thanx everybody! I know I'm going with Shadowball, Psychic and Thunderbolt so far, I'll decide on the other later.

Oh, Dragonmaster123: I DID answer your post. Twice.

Also, why is Will-O-Wisp so popular? I've asked before, but I've never understood.

probationsmack
7th April 2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by 123LTJ
Thanx everybody! I know I'm going with Shadowball, Psychic and Thunderbolt so far, I'll decide on the other later.

Oh, Dragonmaster123: I DID answer your post. Twice.

Also, why is Will-O-Wisp so popular? I've asked before, but I've never understood.

will-o-wisp is an auto burn attack, which deals damage every turn and lowers the enemy's attack

i like this set

thunder
shadowball
will o wisp
taunt

willowisp and taunt work together to make the opponent attack while the burn will sharply lower physical attacks to banette making his only major weakness dark types
thunder for more power with the abscence of a stat boosting technique and shadowball for a same type bonus

hoo hah... i must be mr originality