PDA

View Full Version : Power Swap?

Elekidkid
16th December 2006, 02:20 PM
I was looking through the attackdex on Serebii and came across these two very nice abilities, Power Swap and Guard Swap. What I'm wondering is if the effects remain even after either Pokémon has been recalled. Anynody know?

Jeff
16th December 2006, 03:34 PM
I would assume so, seeing as other stat copying moves like psych up remain in effect when the opponent switches out (at least I'm pretty sure of that), naturally though, the pokemon that switches out will have their stat boosts/lowerings reset.

I can imagine how nice a combo this will make with moves like Psychoboost and Overheat. Use the attack a couple times, Power Swap, be refreshed while lowering opponent's Special Attack or Attack, repeat on next pokemon.

Elekidkid
16th December 2006, 04:38 PM
What I'm thinking is how powerful this could make Girafarig in a 2-v-2 battle. Granted, it would take some set-up that could flop, but who knows, right? Really just Guard Swap with a Shuckle, swap the Shuckle out with something high in both attack and sp attack (Dragonite, maybe?) and then swap out again. Girafarig has the attack (forgot what its called) that deals double damage if the opponent is already hurt that round. If your second Pokémon is faster than Girafarig, there'll be massive damage. Problem is that it'll be quite easy to Counter with stuff like Haze or Roar.

Kind of like my Slaking/Alakazam team-up. Alakazam Skill Swaps Slaking and then Skill Swaps to one of the enemy's. This got my Alakazam with Speed Boost. Good as long as not prepared for.

Jeff
16th December 2006, 07:21 PM
I'm assuming that only stat changes not the actual stats are swapped, so in order for that to work you would need something to power up before you swap. I didn't think of the 2vs2 possibilities though, this could be used for Pseudo Baton Passing, have one pokemon power up then pass its stat boosts onto its partner and power up some more. Not sure how well that would work though.

Elekidkid
17th December 2006, 01:09 AM
Hm, to me it read more like the stats themselves actually switch, although that could make sense. I suppose we'll have to wait until March, then, eh?