PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

Cindaquil
16th December 2006, 07:18 PM
Turned 20 today and got the strangest email. It was from Pokemasters. A place I haven't visited since September 16th 2002. It was a great place back in the day, as well It is now I assume. Though I've grown up and stopped playing Pokemon, I figured I'd take the time from mudding in my truck and see how the old site was doing.

Back in 2000 when I first sign up, every time you made a post, you had to put in your user name. Now its automatic which is very nice. This was the very first message board I was ever a part of, and I thought I should show my respect and come back and visit on occasion. Well, that is if you'll have me. I doubt I'm the oldest member here, but I feel like an oldie. :-)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
17th December 2006, 02:35 AM
Happy birthday and thanks for dropping by. It's always nice to see old members again. TPM was also the first message board I ever joined and as you can see I'm still bumming around here. I never really stopped playing Pokémon but I don't do it to the extent I used to. When a new game arrives I still usually get it though.

Elekidkid
17th December 2006, 01:06 PM
Haha, another old timer coming back... man. I just started up again about a month ago maybe, but I'm not sure how long it'll be until I fizzle away. ASB is far too addicting for my liking. But yeah, TPM was my first board as well. Funny how it all works out, eh?

Cindaquil
17th December 2006, 01:47 PM
Haha, another old timer coming back... man. I just started up again about a month ago maybe, but I'm not sure how long it'll be until I fizzle away. ASB is far too addicting for my liking. But yeah, TPM was my first board as well. Funny how it all works out, eh?

I know right. Your name looks familiar but then again, its been a long time so who knows. It's always nice to revisit your roots from time to time.

Number1ChanseyFan
17th December 2006, 03:54 PM
XD it has been a long time since you have been here!! And yeah, it has been a looooong time since you had to put your username/password in every time that you posted, I think that ended back when the UBB was upgraded from 4.0 to 5.0, around the end of April 2001. So anyways, I don't know if you would remember me or not, but it is great to see you back again, I hope that you stay around and post some more. Oh, and Happy Birthday!! :birthday:

GreenShirT
17th December 2006, 06:41 PM
Well happy birthday and welcome back partner!

Drago
17th December 2006, 07:06 PM
Welcome back mate and happy birthday! I had no idea about the entering your name thing, seems I came in at just the right time for things to be easier, allowing me to act like a stooge and insert pictures in every single message. Good times.

September '02... I'm struggling to remember TPM events at the time, but just realising that I was on this board way back then makes me feel nostalgic, and kind of old, too.

You oughta stick around this time I reckon, more veterans means more oldschool atmosphere. And a pre-emptive congrats to Elekidkid on the 1,000 posts. Make that last one, dammit!!

Elekidkid
17th December 2006, 07:10 PM
But if I were to make it that would... oh crap.

Nearly 7 years later... 1,000 POSTS!!! I think this is the first board I can say that on. Do I get a sexy new title now?

EDIT: Yesss, Advanced Trainer.

Silver Ledian
17th December 2006, 08:45 PM
Hey, Happy Birthday :)

Vejodi
18th December 2006, 01:56 AM
Welcome back man, and happy birthday. It's always good to see old members returning here. Seventh birthday of TPM coming up. Jesus. I recently came back too, although under a different username... long story.

TPM was too my first message board, and will always be classified as my "home" board.

And Number1ChanseyFan, it was v5 to v6! :)

Cheers.

Kris
18th December 2006, 07:10 AM
Always good to see an old face returning.

Welcome back :)

Cindaquil
18th December 2006, 01:34 PM
Glad to be back. I remember the name ChanseyFan, but of course I don't remember how I remember it. It's been years so most everyone I met on here I don't remember much about. At one point, I thought that TPM was gone because I couldn't find it. Which is probably why I never came back after September of 02'. I plan on stepping in from time to time to see how every one is doing.

DarkTemplarZero
20th December 2006, 06:42 PM
I seem to remember you vaguely, I was Rhydon4 back in the day. Yeah I remember the whole username thing and when you weren't allowed to post images because it ate up the UBB's bandwidth or something to that effect. Good times, good times.

Drusilla
22nd December 2006, 08:08 AM
Hey, I know I know you from somewhere, long time no see... happy belated!

Jay Umbreon
24th December 2006, 11:09 AM
ehe =] yeah i remember you.
im also in the same boat...was 20 in june
and on the 3rd of this month, it was my 6th year anniversary with tpm
blimey!
makes us feel reeeeet old
funny thing is though....
i have pokemon yellow and silver on my floor right now haha
guess the memory of it all will stay with you forever
plus its nice to come back to this place every 6 months or so to say hi

x jay