PDA

View Full Version : Yu-gi-oh questions

Misdreavus
7th April 2003, 06:13 PM
1. Can you use DNA Surgery and change all monsters into dragons, then use Flute of Summoning Dragon (if you have Lord of D. out) to summon a non-dragon monster from your hand?

2. If the above is possible, can you use the Flute in that circumstance to summon a God Card?

3. I know the God cards are coming out in English. My friend says that they will eventually be tournament legal... but with a restriction of 1 God card per deck. Does anyone know if this is true?

pokemasterfrank
7th April 2003, 07:18 PM
1. No. As it states on DNA Surgery, the card must be face up on the field to become Dragon. Since its still in your hand, its not Dragon.

2. *points to above*

3. I seriously doubt it. Most people say its all flavor text. Also, they didn't allow you to play them in EDS, so I don't think so. Maybe somebody else can clarify >_>.

DarkTemplarZ
8th April 2003, 08:30 PM
1) DNA surgery only effects monsters on the field

2) same as above. God cards are all Illusionary God Animal sub-types, despite in the anime Ra and Osiris being dragons.

3) God cards will never, ever be tournament legal, period. Konami's said this like 50 times.

SageofDarkness
16th April 2003, 05:45 AM
If you have say.. Summoned Skull on the field and DNA surgery face up with Lord of D. change his type to Dragon and he aint afftected by Magic/Trap/Effect monsters, so it's quite a nice strategy :D

Chrisodeo
28th April 2003, 05:48 PM
Next set - Legacy of Darkness. Ruler Ha-des, a fiend/effect. His effect? "All fiend subtype monsters are uneffected by flip-effects." Not quite the Fiend Lord of D, but close. Erm, anyway, a DNA Surgery + Buster Blader combo works nicely, but everybody knows that one by now.

Last Exile
27th May 2003, 10:34 PM
God cards = Japan only. They'll never be legal here.

You've already heard about DNA Surgery. Face up.

As for summoning 3 BEWDs, best to have 2 Lord of D's and 2 Flutes of Summing Dragon.

The Muffin Man
30th May 2003, 07:33 PM
DNA Surgery + Insect Barrier = Ow.

but God cards are semi-legal. Not in tournies. But guess the ruling? THE CARDS EFFECT IS CONSIDERED FLAVOR TEXT AND THEREFORE NOT USEABLE.

Pwnt.

tidalwave200
30th May 2003, 09:33 PM
DNA Surgery+Insect Barrier is quite a powerful combo. Weevil used it, but he used Parasite Paracide instead of DNA Surgery. Works both ways.

As for the God cards, I seriously don't think they'll make those legal in tournaments, because they're too powerful. >_> Maybe some people can beat them but I can't XD

As said before, you've already heard about the DNA/Dragon thing. About 5 times now.