PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter 7 title revealed

Zak
21st December 2006, 03:07 PM
If you go to jkrowling.com there's a little puzzle thing that reveals it. I didn't bother though, I just read the highlighted text on mugglenet.

If you're like me, highlight below.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

EDIT: screw invisible text, color isn't the same anymore on this new vB, sorry, best I could do.

~Zak

mr_pikachu
21st December 2006, 03:37 PM
Well, maybe this means the book is nearing production stages. How long were the gaps between the announcement of each book's title and its release date for the earlier HP books?

I hope this will be a worthy conclusion.

Drusilla
22nd December 2006, 08:13 AM
It's going to be very intresting to see how things work out... She's got a lot of loose ends to tie up.

Jeff
22nd December 2006, 08:53 AM
Zak, no need to do that, we have two types of spoiler tags now, [ spoiler ] and [ sblock ].

This is spoiler
This is sblock

Edit: Hmm I kind of remember the gap between the 5th and 6th books being longer than this. Order of the Phoenix came out ages ago, but I remember reading about the 6th title being announced about a year or so ago.

Zak
22nd December 2006, 12:45 PM
Nope, the gap is the same: Two years. This book is set for the summer of 2007, HBP came out the summer of 2005, and OotP came out the summer of '03.

Can't exactly speak for when they were announced, but I'd imagine sometime in the winter preceding the summer of their release.

~Zak

Weasel Overlord
22nd December 2006, 02:34 PM
Oo Harry Potter! Finally, the final book so that the film-makers can finish their series with an equally bad film of the book... And I'm gonna go see it anyway! Just so that I can shout at the screen and be inordinately angry about all the cool stuff they are bound to miss out. Hooray!

But yeah. I really hope that she ends this with style. It had better not be one of those horrible, anti-climactic endings... And it'll be even more annoying if Harry dies. I mean, suuure, I don't like him that much, but it's SO cliche to kill off your main protagonist. I think she should go surprising, shock everyone, just like with Dumbly's death. (just in case some weird person hasn't actually read HBP yet, lol)

Now that was a kick in the teeth! But then, the fangirl in me is screaming for Sirius to be revived, Tonks to magically die and Remus to realise his everlasting love for Sirius, leading to the rest of the book descending into a delightful spiral of sex...

I dare you to say that it's just me who wants that... -_-

DarkTemplarZero
22nd December 2006, 05:35 PM
Errr I think it's just you hahah. But I also want Sirius back, he was a beast. Not Tonks though, Tonks was pretty cool. The name is just too funny to kill off. And yeah, that death in the last book was crazy, it just came right out of nowhere and I was just like... woah, never saw that coming.

Drusilla
22nd December 2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah, definately would like to see Sirius back... But I'd leave Tonks and Remus as they are.

I think if she kills off Harry in this last book, I'm going to either throw the book out of a window, or do a happy dance. Depends on how Slytherin I'm feeling, I suppose. DE represent! Haha, we play pool Thursday nights at midnight... w00t.

Phoenixsong
22nd December 2006, 08:02 PM
Wurz, honey, you are twisted like a Playmate in a hotel bedroom.

...I think the fact that I even used that particular simile means that I am, too. Mwahaha.

I... don't know what I'd like to see. I think that all of the "HP Sleuth Solve-All-The-Mysteries-Yourself-Book-Things" have poisoned my brain into seeing the ending of the book exactly as they do... my mom and I argue about that stuff. Something about Harry Potter being saved by bunnies... anyway.

Yeah, I just want to say that I personally am not thrilled with the title. Harry Potter and the Chesty Mallows? Not her best, but then again we're hearing it out of the context of the story. All of the names sound bizarre outside of the context of the story.

Fun fact: Borders/Waldenbooks/Amazon/whoever was taking pre-orders for the book and audiobook even before the name was revealed. They're mine, all mine, and they were mine before the dang thing even had a name--mwhahahahahahahaha!

Kris
23rd December 2006, 06:13 PM
I honestly thought she hadnt started writing the final book yet, or have I just not heard anything? Must go look into this!

Andrew
23rd December 2006, 10:47 PM
I'm really looking foward to the fifth movie, it truely was my favourite book in the series.

I bet there's a horacrux in Harry's Head or in Neville and he has to make a choice with their lives!111

Mewtwo-D2
29th December 2006, 09:52 PM
I heard it would be released on 7/7/07 (which is also a HP-fan friends birthday). And Rowling confirmed that Harry is not a Horcrux.

woz
30th December 2006, 06:41 AM
not particularly pleased with the title, but looking forward to the book all the same.

Magmar
30th December 2006, 09:09 AM
Honestly, I expected something cooler than Deathly Hallows like... well, Deadly Hallows sounds alright, I suppose. Deathly readth like a lithp.

Am I alone in this? I thought Sirius wasn't that amazing. He's dead, but I was like *shock* aww, too bad, poor Harry, now he can bitch about someone he actually knew dying!

I reckon the horcruxes are hidden inside prostitutes, and Harry must have a load of sex to reveal them. Whorecruxes!:hellyeah:

DarkTemplarZero
30th December 2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah I joined the 7/7/07 facebook group. 7 is the most magical number, remember? What better date to release it than 7/7/07?

Chris 2.1
30th December 2006, 11:47 AM
I saw this on J.K's siary of her website:

For years now, people have asked me whether I ever dream that I am 'in' Harry's world. The answer was 'no' until a few nights ago, when I had an epic dream in which I was, simultaneously, Harry and the narrator. I was searching for a Horcrux in a gigantic, crowded hall, which bore no resemblance to the Great Hall as I imagine it. As the narrator I knew perfectly well that the Horcrux was jammed in a hidden nook in the fireplace, while as Harry I was searching for it in all kinds of other places, while trying to make the people around me say lines I had pre-arranged for them. Meanwhile waiters and waitresses who work in the real café in which I have written huge parts of book seven roamed around me as though on stilts, all of them at least fifteen feet high. Perhaps I should cut back on the caffeine?

Ok two things

1: She dreamt a Horcrux was jammed behind a fireplace? The fact she said this was the first time she felt 'involved' in Harry's world made me wonder if this location was a part of the book, ie: one of the Horcruxes hidden in Hogwarts. After all, it would be safe - a precious artefact of a Hogwarts founder? Nobody would ever think to destroy that.

2: She seemed to know it was the Great hall despite the fact it, well, wasn't. Hmm?

I know it was a dream, and I also know it was put on her website so theres a very high chance this has no relevance to anything.

Just the idea of an artefact hidden within a nook behind a fireplace....that just sounds quite interesting to me.

Magmar
31st December 2006, 11:17 AM
7/7/07 is conveniently two days after my 21st birthday, it better be worth being sober to read!!

Andrew
10th January 2007, 06:33 PM
Christ, it's like a whole 6 months away! Damn you JK Rowling! DAMN You!111!