PDA

View Full Version : Starters Galore!

Phoenixsong
28th December 2006, 10:47 AM
I've been entertaining the idea of a pseudo-competitive team that consists entirely of starter Pokémon (including, of course, Pikachu [Yellow] and Eevee [XD] so that I can give myself some more options) for a while now. After much thought about what would make the team defensively sound (type-wise, I mean), I've been able to come up with this:

Venusaur
Charizard
Swampert
Jolteon/Pikachu/Raichu
Espeon/Umbreon
Blaziken/Typhlosion/Flareon/Sceptile/Meganium/Blastoise/Feraligatr/Vaporeon/Espeon/Umbreon

Actually, I kind of want to do a team like this for DP, too... I was sitting at my computer, going back and forth between Word and various Pokédexes and came to the conclusion that Venusaur, Charizard and Swampert are the only "normal" starters, if you will, that don't mess each other up. An Electric-type seemed necessary, and then either Espeon or Umbreon (I suppose Espeon, as defensive Pokémon just aren't my style)... but I'm not sure what should go in the last slot. I also have no ideas what moves to give them, whether to use Pikachu (with a Light Ball, of course) over Raichu, whether I want Charizard to Physical or Special Sweep or what... any suggestions?

The only requirements that I have are that you don't make the team too defense-oriented (like I said, I prefer more aggressive tactics... not that I don't think defense is necessary, just don't magically find a way to turn all six into various tanks/walls. How on earth you could turn a Pikachu into a wall, I don't know. But please don't try, mmkay?), and that, if at all possible, you can come up with a moveset for Swampert that doesn't involve any Egg moves. I'm willing to be patient and breed for most of them (even though I HATE being patient and breeding for things), but I was considering doing an RS Monotype Challenge... since I wouldn't be using my starter, I was just figuring I could get the Mudkip from there, and then it obivously can't have Egg moves. I mean, if there's no way to get a feasibly good Swampert for this team without Egg moves, then whatever, I'll breed. But I'd rather skip that step wherever I can... hell, if you could think of any good sets for these that don't need Egg moves, I'd love it. Sure would make my life easier.

There you have it... suggest away!