PDA

View Full Version : TML vs. Dragonis (Ref: Elec Man EXE)

The_Missing_Link
30th December 2006, 10:48 PM
1 on 1
I choose first
DQ: A week
Arena: Indigo Stadium
Banned: Rest, substitute, direct healing (of health and status effects, such as heal bell or recover)

I'll use Ares, my male Gastly

Dragonis
31st December 2006, 01:01 AM
I'll take you on, if thats alright. I'll send out Hailee, my female Sneasel.

Let's start off by changing the weather to our advantage with Hail. Then hit Ares with Faint Attack before launching a Shadow Ball at him. If Ares tries to put you to sleep, use Screech to keep yourself awake.

~Hail~Faint Attack~Shadow Ball~
Subs- Screech

The_Missing_Link
1st January 2007, 05:35 PM
Ares, start off with a toxic and then rise above Hailee and use thunderbolt after she reappears so she can't reach you. Then use sludge bomb

Toxic~Thunderbolt~Sludge Bomb

Dragonis
11th January 2007, 01:43 AM
ANyone want to reff this? Please?

Elec Man EXE
11th January 2007, 01:05 PM
Hmm... I think at least 2 of my reffings are dead, so I'll go ahead and volunteer for this if thats alright with you both.

Just about out of time for today though, so I'll get the reffing done tommorow.

Dragonis
12th January 2007, 01:26 AM
Thank you, Elec Man!

Elec Man EXE
15th January 2007, 04:33 PM
My net connection was down all day Friday, sorry about that. And after trying to adapt one of my other battles to make this one (my template doesn't work since the forum switch, have to make a new one and I'm lazy :p) I realize that copy/pasting each and every round makes a lot of extra clutter. I had to delete a good 15 extra color tags, apparently the forum randomly creates more of them when you copy/paste. I'll still do it since its the easiest way, but thats really silly.

The_Missing_Link vs Dragonis
Round 1

*Pre-Round*
Areshttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr092.png(Male)
100% HP / 100% EP
Toxic ~ Thunderbolt ~ Sludge Bomb

Haileehttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr215.png(Female)
100% HP / 100% EP
Hail ~ Faint Attack ~ Shadow Ball
Sub: Screech

Arena Status: All is calm

*Battle*
The battle begins as the two trainers take their places on either side of the popular Indigo Stadium. They eye one another momentarily, and then The_Missing_Link pulls out a pokeball. She hurls the device into the air, and it opens as a white lite emits from it. The light shapes into an orb, and as it fades a violet mist cloud forms around the black pokemon. The spectre grins, hovering effortlessly in midair. The challenger, Dragonis, smiles before letting his own pokeball fly. His is tossed at the ground, and the resaulting flash releases a lithe black weasel. Hailee immedietly extends her large claws, ready for a fight. The trainers give their commands to these two darkness dwellers, and in moments the fight is underway.

Focusing initially on the conditions of the arena, Sneasel lowers her arms and shuts her eyelids. With the utmost concentration, she beckons to the sky with her icy power. Her body is surrounded by a light blue glow, and a cover of clouds move over the arena. The mousiture in the air freezes into ice, which then begins to fall down on the stadium. The storm intensifies, and Hailee opens her eyes, grinning and apparently true to her name. Ares is oblivious to the hail, having already started his own attack. Mixing chemicals within his body into a deadly stew, he lets out a sinister cackle as his mouth opens wide. From his jaws the spectre spews a gloppy purple liquid, which soon splatters across Hailee's head. She screechs, scraping the gunk to the ground with her claws, but to little avail. The highly toxic gunk seeps into her pores fast, and she immedietly feels a faint sting through her body. Her ghostly opponent revels in the success of his attack, but is uncomfortable himself as the falling ice bits pass through his fragile body.

Forcing the internal pains to the back of her mind, Hailee moves right on to her next attack. Her body easily melts into the realm of shadows, cloaking her from the eyes of all. Cautious but swiftly, she creeps toward her unsuspecting foe with malice. Gastly is expectent of her disappearing act, however, and instead of panicking floats up into the air while building a surge of electricity through his misty covering. Sneasel's agility serves her well, however, and the invisible weasel leaps rather easily up to the floating ghost before he gets too high. Feeling Hailee's body ram through him, slamming into his ever-present ethereal form, the ghost type yelps in suprise and shudders. Hailee emerges from the darkness and lands gracefully back on the ground. Still sparking with power, Ares turns downward and blasts a bolt of electricity at Sneasel. The golden energy streaks downward and hits the ice type dead on, and she shrieks while the current flows through her cells.

The power surge soon subsides, and Hailee glares up at Ares while positioning her arms adjascent to one another. Drawing in power with much the same composition as Gastly himself, a black sphere forms between her hands, growing in size. The energetic orb pulsates with an eerie glow as it enlarges. When it reaches a considerable radius, Hailee crys out and flings the ball forward with a swipe of her claw. Gastly closes his eyes as the inky projectile crashes into him, exploding and sending the built up spirit energy radiating outward. Ghostly energies colliding, he feels as though his form is ripped in two. When the attack is over, he opens his eyelids, wincing in pain but prepared to counterattack. The poisons inside begin to mix again, this time geared towards acidity and destructive power. He spits a rounded mass of poison which speeds downward. The corrosive liquid bursts over Hailee, nearly knocking her over with the force and creating a rain of sludge around her. She stumbles back, wimpering from the burning acid.

Sneasel shakes off most of the sludge, though bits of it stick to her body. She is further pained by the poison already inflicted on her, already starting to circulate through her. Meanwhile the floating Ares tries his best to avoid the falling hail, but without any place to hide in the arena has little success. The trainers shield their heads against the ice and ponder about what moves to use next.

*Post-Round*

76% HP / 88% EP

80% HP / 87% EP
Status: Intoxicated, bits of sludge on her body but feeling OK

Arena Status: Hail falling (2 rounds), sludge splattered around Hailee

Dragonis
21st January 2007, 12:19 AM
TML, you know it's your turn to attack, right?

The_Missing_Link
21st January 2007, 01:21 AM
I knew I forgot about a battle

Get up beyond her reach and use thunderbolt. Then use sludge bombs

Use psywave to deflect shadowball if she uses it

Thunderbolt~Sludge Bomb x2

Dragonis
21st January 2007, 02:04 AM
Alright Hailee start off by keeping trake of Ares with Foresight. Then Counter both of his Sludge Bombs.

~Foresight~Counter~Counter~

Elec Man EXE
22nd January 2007, 01:54 PM
Round 2

Pre-Round
76% HP / 88% EP
Thunderbolt ~ Sludge Bomb ~ Sludge Bomb

80% HP / 87% EP
Status: Intoxicated, bits of sludge on her body but feeling OK
Foresight ~ Counter ~ Counter

Arena Status: Hail falling (2 rounds), sludge splattered around Hailee

Battle
Its Round 2, and already both pokemon have sustained signifigant damage. The trainers give their orders with confidence, and their pokemon give crys in reply.

Hailee, upon hearing her trainer's plan for dealing with this ghost, grins. She shuts her eyes for a moment, then opens them as they gain a red glow. A crimson ray is emitted from her eyes, and she sweeps it over her spectral opponent as he floats upward further. Upon being hit by the red light, Ares feels his body become solid. No longer does he have the power to phase in and out of the spirit realm at will. He frowns as Sneasel's eyes fade to normal, however the loss of his phasing power has little effect on his intended attack. His ghostly energy morphs into electrical current, which arcs over his spheroid black body and jumps through the mist surrounding him. He laughs as he launches a swift streak of lightning down at the dark weasel. The glowing bolt cuts through the sky and hits Hailee, flowing electricity engulfing her body. She shudders and twitches as the shock surges through her. When the bolt dies down, she shakes her head as the last stray sparks dance over her.

Having successfully locked her foe into the worldly plane, Hailee now simply waits for the ghost to make a move. Gastly hesistates a bit, wondering what the dark type is up to, but he nevertheless starts to concoct a poisonous projectile in his mouth. The glob of toxins grows in size, considerable size. Ares decides not to wait any longer, and spews the viscous purple mass down at a waiting Sneasel. Arms outstretched, she's prepared to send the attack back where it came from. But much to her dismay, the ball isn't solid enough to catch and reverse in the other direction, and it splatters as she tries to swat it back. The violet liquid hits her, knocking her to the ground and covering her in the gunky substance. She shrieks as the stuff burns her skin, a suprised tone in her voice. Gastly chuckles, seeing her attempt at countering fail completely and watching her writhe in pain with strange pleasure.

Standing up with a pained expression, she rids herself of the sludge and looks up at her enemy again. With the knowledge that her strategy isn't sound, she forgoes the idea of another counterattack. Rather, she watches her ghostly enemy closely, muscles tensed. Gastly hardly notices, and starts to gather more poison from his innards. With a second gloppy sludge mass formed, he raises his eyebrows tauntingly and lets the blob fly at Hailee. The projectile speeds toward Sneasel, who shrinks back at the thought of taking another acidic blast. But she's prepared this time, and as the purple gunk closes in Hailee launches herself backwards. She touches down and skids a few inches as the dangerous attack smashes into the ground where she stood moments ago. A signifigent splattering occurs as the mass hits the ground, and even having dodged the main attack Hailee feels a mild burning as some of the corrosive liquid splashes onto her black form. She whines a bit, but is relieved that she managed to dodge the attack. Ares scoffs at the swift sharp claw pokemon.

As Ares floats high in the sky, he feels the stings of pain as the falling hail bounces off his now solid body, causing small bruises all over. Hailee feels a biting pain as well, for while her own ice typing protects her from the falling ice, an intensifying poison is working its way through her veins. Both pokemon try and ignore the discomfort, while waiting for the next round to get underway.

Post-Round
72% HP / 71% EP
Status: Phasing blocked (3 rounds), dislikes the Hail but feeling quite accomplished

55% HP / 78% EP
Status: Intoxicated, body quite sore and emberrassed by the failed Counter

Arena Status: Hail falling (1 round, quite a bit of sludge splattered around

Counter only works against attacks of a physical nature (either physical contact, or a physical projectile like a rock). Liquid, like Sludge, is considered a special attack. Its not like the game (though in D/P Sludge Bomb is a special attack as well). And since it failed the first time, logic would say that the pokemon wouldn't be stupid enough to use it a second time...

EDIT: Changed the description for Counter in the reffing so it makes more sense. Only Wobbuffet (or other pokemon with no appendages fit to Counter) should have the Aura-type counter.

Dragonis
22nd January 2007, 02:33 PM
OK Hailee, let's try to swing this battel back in our faver. Start off by Tormenting Ares. Then let's give him a little payback with Facade. End things with a nice big Shadow Ball. If Ares trys to put you to sleep use Screech to wake yourself up.

~Torment~Facade~Shadow Ball~
Subs- Screech

The Blue Avenger
25th January 2007, 05:38 AM
Hey Elec Man. Just as a note, I think having Sneasel suddenly use a completely different attack from what was ordered is a little too out there. While I could see Sneasel deciding not to use Counter, I would think it would decide to brace itself or something. Icy Wind wasn't even used to counter Sludge Bomb.

Although I can see where you're coming from, keep an eye on that sort of thing.

I'll leave it up to you and the battlers to actually decide what to do, if anything.

Elec Man EXE
25th January 2007, 09:10 AM
Eh, I can see your point Hypotenuse Man. But... I used a RNG to decide what Sneasel was going to do. Being an evasive pokemon, I gave it a 70% chance of trying to dodge, and a 30% chance of just being so annoyed that she attacked instead. But the roll went for the attack.

If it still seems to farfetched (especially to Becca, she is the head ref after all) then I can redo that part and make it an attempt at dodging. But I didn't just blindly decide that she'd attack.

The_Missing_Link
25th January 2007, 04:00 PM
I actually went to Jeff for a second opinion because I really couldn't see Hailee use another attack. In the anime, the Pokemon would only use another attack if it disliked its trainer or was trying to save its skin but other than that, using the same attack again or bracing itself was usually the norm

Elec Man EXE
25th January 2007, 04:56 PM
Alrighty, I edited the post to reflect a successful (RNG used again, rolled a success) dodge by Hailee instead of an attack. In the future, I'll try to avoid throwing in unordered attacks (Unless there's a Taunt in effect).

I just can't see a pokemon repeating something that they just did (and failed) a second time, trainer's orders or not. I mean, unless its something like failing because the attack missed... but not if it outright fails. They have minds of their own, after all, even if they are loyal to their trainers.

And as for enduring vs dodging, I'd base that on the pokemon. I can see something like a Slowbro or a Rhydon bracing itself, but a quick but fragile pokemon like Sneasel? Not so much.

Hopefully thats ok with everyone. And I do believe its your turn to counterattack now, TML.

The_Missing_Link
25th January 2007, 05:58 PM
If she wants you to attack, then we'll attack. Use will-o-wisp followed by two thunderbolts

Will-O-Wisp~Thunderbolt x2

Elec Man EXE
26th January 2007, 04:25 PM
Round 3

Pre-Round
72% HP / 71% EP
Status: Phasing blocked (3 rounds), dislikes the Hail but feeling quite accomplished
Will O' Wisp ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt

55% HP / 78% EP
Status: Intoxicated, body quite sore and emberrassed by the failed Counter
Torment ~ Facade ~ Shadow Ball
Sub: Screech

Arena Status: Hail falling (1 round), quite a bit of sludge splattered around

Battle
As the third round of the battle begins, the falling hail continues to pound the arena. The trainers don't look too happy as they get pelted by it, and Ares is certainly not enjoying it. But the trainers give their commands despite that, acting with determination.

Tapping into her darker nature, Hailee starts the round off by glaring intently toward Gastly. Her eyes blacken, radiating invisible waves of darkness outward toward the floating ghost. The darkness flows through the phantom, taking a firm grip within his body but giving no physical indicator of such. The weasel's eyes fade to normal and Ares shrugs (well... theoretically, being as he has no arms) at the manuever that did apparently nothing. He's resolved to do something much more visible in resault. A small orb of ethereal energy is built in front of his body, and then bursts into a brilliant sapphire flame. The flame floats abnormally, curving this way and that, melting bits of hail as it goes. It moves toward Hailee, who watches it carefully with amazement. Then it suddenly darts forward, hitting the Sneasel's face. She becomes engulfed by blue flames in an instant. Ignited, the sharp claw pokemon runs around, screeching as the flames flicker over her and sear her skin. The mysterious flames extinguish abruptly, but not before inflicting intense burns over Hailee's entire body.

Though she wimpers in pain, Hailee isn't going to give up just yet. Taking a momement to focus, she uses both the toxic infection and the more recent burns to fuel a boost of energy. Her body becomes surrounded by the growing energy, causing a powerful white aura to encircle her. Ready to take her opponent head on, Sneasel discovers a bit of a problem in the plan. Namely, the fact that Ares remains quite high in the air, far too high for even her to jump. As the ghost starts to build up an electrical current, she attempts an attack regardless. Dashing toward him and then leaping with all her might, Hailee lets out an annoyed growl as she falls short of the ghost. The ice type lands, grunting as she hits the sludgey ground. With a disheartened sigh, the aura fades as the energy recedes back into her. Ares, meanwhile, chuckles as a mass of sparks dance across his black orb head. He looses the electric current upon Hailee, and she squeals in pain. The electrical current flows aggressively through her cells, flashing brilliantly in the darkened arena as the jagged energy arcs surround her body. She weakly shakes when the current dispels, making sure her muscles remain limber.

With so many attacks being thrown her way, Hailee is really eager for some payback. She positions her clawed hands in front of her chest and starts to draw in ethereal energy from the realm of spirits. The energy masses into a black orb, filled with streaks of energy almost like lightning. The ball reaches full power and she whips her hand upward, sending the projectile hurtling toward Ares. The apperition is occupied trying to get an electric charge going, and gets blasted by the pulsing orb. His body wobbles as the volatile ghostly power explodes around him, streaks of darkness radiating, bombarding his very cell structure. The blast soon subsides, and Gastly grunts. Aching, Ares continues to struggle, trying his hardest to charge up static. But something unseen blocks the process altogether. He shakes around with frustration, even still determined to keep on attacking. Unbenownst to the ghost, the dark curse placed upon him by Hailee's apparent "failure" is to blame.

Even through the sting of both internal toxins and her charred skin, Hailee manages a smile in seeing her opponent so shaken up. Gastly finally gives up his attack attempts, shooting a menacing glare at Sneasel, knowing she's somehow to blame. In the sky, the falling hail finally starts to let up, slowing to a somewhat sudden halt. The trainers both appear relieved, but then turn their attentions back to the battle at hand, pondering the next round.

Post-Round
54% HP / 58% EP
Status: Phasing blocked (2 round), Hexed (4 rounds), frustrated and starting to ache

37% HP / 63% EP

Arena Status: Quite a bit of sludge splattered around, as well as a light covering of hailstones

I think you may have mixed up Torment and Taunt. Taunt makes it so you can only use damaging moves, Torment bars you from using the same move twice in a row.

The_Missing_Link
26th January 2007, 04:36 PM
lol, you're right. At least the damage wasn't too great

Sludge bomb, thunderbolt, sludgebomb. Spite her if she uses shadowball (only once though) and relax if she uses faint attack

Sludge Bomb~Thunderbolt~Sludgebomb

Dragonis
27th January 2007, 12:13 AM
Alright Hailee start off by using Aerial Ace to knock Ares down so you can reach him. Then let's put him through a little of your suffering with Facade. After that take out your Frustrations on that annoying ball of gas.

~Aerial Ace~Facade~Frustration~

Elec Man EXE
1st February 2007, 03:21 PM
Round 4

Pre-Round
54% HP / 58% EP
Status: Phasing blocked (2 round), Hexed (4 rounds), frustrated and starting to ache
Sludge Bomb ~ Thunderbolt ~ Sludge Bomb

37% HP / 63% EP
Aerial Ace ~ Facade ~ Frustration

Arena Status: Quite a bit of sludge splattered around, as well as a light covering of hailstones

Battle
The battle continues to move at a rapid pace, both trainers keeping the heat on. They shout their orders to the pokemon, each giving reply to the commands with a cry.

Upon hearing her trainer's strategy, Hailee looks up at Gastly and cracks a smile. She gets a running start, dashing toward him while extending one forearm. Then she crouches down and launches herself into the air, her outstretched claws energized by a shimmering aura of sky blue. Aided by the energy, Sneasel soars upward, right up to and past Ares. Then she flips around and drops down on the ghost, stabbing her claws into his solidified form. She bears him toward the ground, but with some difficulty he manages spin to the side and escape. Though Ares cringes, he lets out a sigh of relief that he didn't smash into the ground. Hailee makes a swift landing, catching herself with both arms on the earth and then somersaulting to her feet. Gastly meanwhile shakes off the pain and his mouth bulges as he draws up poison from his gut. Shouting, the phantom spews the rounded toxic mass at Hailee, who's back is turned. The goo splatters across the sharp claw pokemon's back, inciting a shrill cry. Corrosive in nature, the poisonous attack irritates her already burned body as Sneasel doubles over with pain.

Though injured by the acidic projectile, Hailee turns to her opponent, now hovering just a few feet in the air. The dark type radiates energy, taking advantage of the afflictions given to her. With a hiss, she dashes at her gaseous foe. Hailee throws herself at Ares, ramming her shoulder into him with all her might. Flying back, Gastly closes his eyes in pain, not used to physical strikes against his body. When he comes to a stop, he groans, but opens his eyes and shoots a nasty look at Sneasel. Deftly, he starts to gather electricity across his body, quickly becoming covered in arcs of high-voltage energy. Ares blasts the current at the opposing ice type, creating a jagged bolt of lightning between the pair. Tightly shutting her eyes, Hailee wimpers, electrons flowing aggressively through her anatomy. Her muscles twitch involuntarily, but she manages to recover as the flow is cut off. Even after the attack, her face shows the pain that she is experiencing.

Hailee remains determined, however. Eyes filling with rage, she jumps on top of Gastly and starts tearing into him, frenzied. She whips her claws across his body with no remorse, nor finesse, just blind anger. Through the assault, Ares cries out, each slash increasing his anguish. But as Sneasel scratches at him, her hatred quells, and eventually her attacks slow to a stop. Leaping off of him and digging her claws into the dirt, she looks suddenly calm despite the pain. Ares has no such feelings, though. Body tattered by the aggressive weasel, he prepares a final attack for this round. Sludge is brought to his maw, which he quickly hurls at Sneasel. The deep purple gunk splatters upon hitting the placid Hailee square in chest. Her wimpers of pain echo through the arena as she stumbles back, sludge clinging to Sneasel's black skin. The sting of the poison is unbearable, and she quickly swats it off with her claws.

Experiencing great pain, Hailee falls to her knees, crying out weakly. The persistant poisons flowing through her veins ravage her innards, while the sting of her burns further decimate her body. Though she tries, the strain causes her to drift into unconciousness, and she topples to the ground. Ares smiles wickedly as Dragonis recalls Hailee to her waiting pokeball for some much needed rest.

Post-Round
24% HP / 42% EP

0% HP / 44% EP

Arena Status: Blobs of sludge everywhere

Wow, 4 rounds. I can see why people are scared to fight you Becca... you go at it with some fiercesome tactics. Not that its a bad thing ;) . Makes for eventful reffing.

Anyhow, points.

The_Missing_Link ~ 2 points
Dragonis ~ 1 point
Elec Man EXE ~ 2 points

Dragonis
2nd February 2007, 06:30 PM
It was a good match Becca. (Even if I got my butt kicked :) ) Thanks for reffing this EXE!

The_Missing_Link
2nd February 2007, 08:08 PM
Well, I was sort of limited with my moves due to the type disadvantage but I'm surprised it ended quicker than I thought

Good job to you both